Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Lynne, I am IF-ing, too! I notice that I get very cold toward the end of the fast, but for me it's not in my joints, it's all over...

Today I'm at my lowest weight so far - 202.8 - and I'm THIRSTY! I usually have to force myself to drink 100oz of water, but today i've been craving it, and destroying it when I get home. Maybe this means there's a whoosh coming? Not sure, since I haven't been running to the potty like I would expect after drinking so much.....
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcelromi1
Stats: 230/227.5/145- 5'3
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Restart: 01/14/13
Just checking in.

So far so good. Even managed to get up early and get some exercise in (30 min. jog on the mini trampoline). Felt good after. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Challenge Start weight: 220 (Size 16)
02/28: 219 (Size 16)
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm so tired. I really don't want to go workout. I've lost my motivation for the day.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcelromi1
Stats: 230/227.5/145- 5'3
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Restart: 01/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
I'm so tired. I really don't want to go workout. I've lost my motivation for the day.
Do it anyway! Even if it's just a walk. You'll be glad you did
I didn't want to get up at 4 o'clock this morning to exercise, but I forced myself to do it and I'm glad I did.
Will continue to force myself until it becomes routine. Otherwise I'll never do it.

Sometimes you just have to push yourself.

Last edited by mcelromi1; 02-28-2012 at 01:48 PM..
mcelromi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
I was 204.4 Monday and 204 this morning so imma put my start weight at 204.4 cuz then I can say I already lost .4. Lol!!
Sooo

SW: 204.4
GW: 179

25.4 pounds. I can do it!!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JodyJane
Stats: 252H/ 222.8 C/ ?
WOE: Chris Powell Carb Cycling
Start Date: Daily
Mind if I join in? Im starting out at 225, with a goal of 199 or lower by my birthday in June.
I also have a wedding this year. My son is getting married nov. 3 and I want to be a hot mama, in a great dress. Need to get working on this.
Great thread and challenge, just when I needed an extra push
JodyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SNJenny
Stats: 170, 184 / 171 / 110....5'2
WOE: Atkins Re-started WOL July 2008 @ 184 !!
Start Date: 06/01/06..Re-started July '08 @ 184
Hey ya'll, so excited about this challenge I relocated to kenya about 3 years ago and its like all the weight I had lost relocated with me I've put on 20lbs since. I'd like to lose about 60lbs in total but my goal for these three months is 25lbs

Starting weight 190lbs
Goal weight by June 20th 165
SNJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Late as usual! I looked on Monday but I guess you hadn't posted yet. I need major help and support. I have been bouncing around 190 FOREVER like 6 months or so and I just cannot get it to go lower so I'm trying to calorie cycle my week and see how that goes. Of course my husband has finally decided to low carb with me and is flying by me, losing around a pound a day 3-5 days a week. Grrr. I'm so proud I could slap him

Anyway, start weight today was 191.4. Hoping to get down to 180 by summer. Slow I know but I hate to get my hopes up.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Morning and Happy Leap Year day!!!
I am just checking in for the day... I find it keeps me accountable.
So I realized I did not state my stats in yesterdays post... So I began the challenge weighing 246 and would LOVE to be under 200 by the end of challenge but right now am aiming for 215. for 31lbs lost
I had a great success yesterday overcoming temptation! My son and I had plans to visit a friend and her daughter for a playdate... So I had a couple hardboiled eggs on my way over to help me resist any temptations. Good thing! When we got there she had a big ole bowl of potato chips out and offered me a glass of wine. I politely declined both saying I had grabbed a snack on my way there and was able to turn down the wine as I don't like to drink and drive (even just one when driving my son). But I made some delicious Kale chips as a snack last night as I was still thinking of the crunchy salty chips that taunted me all afternoon, and it worked well for the craving

Goal today is to get treadmill up and working (and test it out for 20 min) and stay on plan for eating!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/137.8/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I am just so tired all the time I can't even bring myself to imagine exercising...that treadmill is in my bedroom but I just don't have the motivation...hope that will change! I'm a teacher and looking for a new job next year, so this is a pretty stressful time - not many jobs out there. I'm glad to have this accountability and support! Also I have a friend coming out from Minnesota in April that I haven't seen in years, and I'm going to meet up with a cousin that I've never met, so I really want to lose something in the next month...the pressure!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh!!!!!! That's all I'm gonna say today. Well, except, rrrrrrrr and rawr!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
Good Morning! Im happy to report that im down 1.5 lbs this morning! Im not making a habit out of weighing in daily right now, because my body is loving this weight range im at right now, its been difficult to move past 209. I think for the month of March im only going to do weekly weigh ins, and that will be every Monday. Here is my menu today. I started off with a warm cup of lemon water. Breakfast: Kefir smoothie w/frozen strawberries, fresh spinach, & agave nectar. Lunch: 2 grilled turkey burgers & grilled aspargus w/portabello mushrooms. Snack: 1/2 C cottage cheese & approx 20 red seedless grapes. Dinner: Im not sure yet, but I might baked some tilapia and have a small side salad with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
So I had a couple hardboiled eggs on my way over to help me resist any temptations. Good thing! When we got there she had a big ole bowl of potato chips out and offered me a glass of wine. I politely declined both saying I had grabbed a snack on my way there and was able to turn down the wine as I don't like to drink and drive (even just one when driving my son). But I made some delicious Kale chips as a snack last night as I was still thinking of the crunchy salty chips that taunted me all afternoon, and it worked well for the craving

Goal today is to get treadmill up and working (and test it out for 20 min) and stay on plan for eating!
Good job on resisting the Wine and potato chips!! That had to be hard, it would be for me at least!!

Quote:
Just do it. Make yourself go. The hardest part is just showing up to the gym!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Eh thanks for the motivation guys. I really reaaaaaaaally didn't want to. But I did Body combat 1 hour last night. It felt so good to huff and puff after having to take 2 weeks off that class. And I'm learning how not to move my knee to keep from hurting it. I even talked to the instructor after class so he could evaluate what I was doing wrong. I feel better.

Then I got up bright and early this morning, we're talkin 5:45 which is waaaaaaay too early for me lol. Went and swam laps for about 15 minutes, then caught a water class after. I also plan on taking a body step class tonight so yeah, work it baby!

And, I weighed in at 231.8 this morning So the week looks better than my head planned it. I need to not weigh daily as well shoelatte. I feel like I stay more motivated when I just do what I know I need to do every day, for that day, just get through that day, and not worry about the scale. However, we all know thats harder said than done.

So right now, I'm only 11.4lbs above my all time ever low of 220.4 back in October.

My menu for today:
B-coffee, .34tbsp hwc, sf vanilla davincis, warm cinnamon glucc pudding
L-Spanish shrimp & MR
S-if needed, tofu/turkey chili over MR
D-Spanish MR with ground chicken, sour cream, cheese
S-Huge pickle, if needed
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Quote:
Eh thanks for the motivation guys. I really reaaaaaaaally didn't want to. But I did Body combat 1 hour last night. It felt so good to huff and puff after having to take 2 weeks off that class. And I'm learning how not to move my knee to keep from hurting it. I even talked to the instructor after class so he could evaluate what I was doing wrong. I feel better.
Great job! Motivation is one of my problems right now, as in I really need some. LOL.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Thanks Beth, it was really difficult because I do love my wine!! but I am trying to wait til the weekend and may treat myself with a glass.
So my day has gone a little downhill, I believe my treadmill has gone to treadmill heaven... My husband is going to look at it tonight when he gets home from work... but I am totally bummed as I was hoping to get it working and get a workout in this morning.
So I am off to see if I can figure out his stationary bike... (I am not a fan of biking) At least it will get my heart rate up right!?! Here goes!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Jody, Jenny, and Brew!

Boop, great job avoiding the evil snacks! Great job thinking ahead and grabbing those eggs!

AmyLiz, can't wait to see if that extra thirst meant anything. That's how I was when I went into ketosis, but it's leveled off now.

Amgarrett, what happened?

Shoelattegurl, congrats on the 1.5. I get on the scale daily, but only pay attention to the numbers once a week.. well, now twice a week.

Good morning everyone! Sorry if I missed someone who needed a pat on the back this morning! Figured I'd try to start getting to know people and just went with the last few posts.

I'm a happy girl this morning. I started on a Wednesday, so today's my personal official weigh in day. I was down 5 pounds this week for a total loss of 13 pounds for my two weeks of induction. I know it's only the first two weeks and that loss probably won't be typical, but I'll take it! I lost 15 pounds my very first time on induction 9 years ago, so I'm very happy with how my body responded to this restart.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm out of half and half this morning, so being a little whiny about my lack of coffee, but made some tea instead. I guess I'll live. Maybe.

Off to change some stats
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Eh thanks for the motivation guys. I really reaaaaaaaally didn't want to. But I did
Awesome! Congrats on the weight loss, too!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Well stayed on plan yesterday even though I have some really stressful family drama happening right now. Instead of exercising last night, I soaked in a hot bath with my book and was in bed by 9. I only had a .2 lb loss but down is down.

This weekend coming up, my DS16 has his last JROTC competition in Yakima, WA so DH and I are driving the 4 hours to watch and staying the weekend. I have a hard time staying on plan when out of town but I am determined to stick with it.

I turn 40 on Monday and I'm feeling a little bit down about it. Not sure why but it just doesn't seem like I should be that old. Today is my 2nd day on 5HTP and I can kind of tell my mood is getting a little better.

Today I have grilled chicken and salad for lunch and I threw a beef roast in the crockpot for dinner.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I SAID THAT'S ALL IM GINNA SAY!!!!! IM NOT GONNA SAY THAT IM UP .6. IM NOT!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
I SAID THAT'S ALL IM GINNA SAY!!!!! IM NOT GONNA SAY THAT IM UP .6. IM NOT!!!!
Aww, honey... you know it's probably just water
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

And good going mswoods!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
So my day has gone a little downhill, I believe my treadmill has gone to treadmill heaven... My husband is going to look at it tonight when he gets home from work... but I am totally bummed as I was hoping to get it working and get a workout in this morning.
So I am off to see if I can figure out his stationary bike... (I am not a fan of biking) At least it will get my heart rate up right!?! Here goes!
Oh no! I love my treadmill and if it broke I would run out and replace it ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

I'm a happy girl this morning. I started on a Wednesday, so today's my personal official weigh in day. I was down 5 pounds this week for a total loss of 13 pounds for my two weeks of induction. I know it's only the first two weeks and that loss probably won't be typical, but I'll take it! I lost 15 pounds my very first time on induction 9 years ago, so I'm very happy with how my body responded to this restart.

Off to change some stats
Great loss! 13 pounds in 2 weeks is fantastic.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Aww, honey... you know it's probably just water
Lol isn't it always just water? Truthfully, I worked out for the first
Time in about 10 days so it could be water, but, I also drank plenty yesterday too. I swear, I may never get below 204. I've been here FOREVER!!! Well, I gained 4 pounds, then lost it, but ummm, that doesn't actually count!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tresa
Stats: 212/201/150
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Checking in!

Hi everyone, just checking in today. Down 1 pound - I will take anything at this point!

Hang in there - we can do this!!
tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Lol isn't it always just water? Truthfully, I worked out for the first Time in about 10 days so it could be water, but, I also drank plenty yesterday too. I swear, I may never get below 204. I've been here FOREVER!!! Well, I gained 4 pounds, then lost it, but ummm, that doesn't actually count!
Oh, I hate those set points and I don't care what anyone says I definitely believe they exist. Mine are around 220 and again at 180 & 160. Thankfully I like 160, so I only have to get through 2 of them this time around. They're tough, though. Stepping up your exercise should help you break that 204 barrier and yes, is likely the reason for a little water retention. Those muscles retain water for a day or two while healing themselves. Honestly, though, I wouldn't even sweat about .6 pounds. I could pee and lose .6 pounds <gg> Ok, I don't know if that's true, but really my body bounces all over the place during a normal day. Hang in there. I can't wait to see that happy little 203 in your stats!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Checking in

Great work everyone! I'm always so proud & motivated by those who overcome temptations! It's soo hard sometimes!

Hope you're all having a great day! We are in the middle of a huge snowstorm! Brrr!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Well, I'm up 2.5 lbs today....with all that thirst yesterday, i ended up drinking a ton of water, and i haven't "let it go"....still thirsty today, too, it's really strange.
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Just a lil yummy. I am eating the best stuff! 2 chopped up slices of bacon fried in a spoon of coconut oil and a spoon of butter with some leftover chicken thighs and mushrooms and fresh spinach all fried up in one pan. It's sooo good! Some of it stuck n so I got the crispy stuff from the bottom of the pan. Wow. Delish!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV View Post
Checking in

Great work everyone! I'm always so proud & motivated by those who overcome temptations! It's soo hard sometimes!

Hope you're all having a great day! We are in the middle of a huge snowstorm! Brrr!
I hate today too! I was beginning to think I was the only One who didn't lose today. Sucks. Tomarrow we will lose it and then some. Maybe. I hope. Ummm. Right?!? Tell me yes.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Well, I'm up 2.5 lbs today....with all that thirst yesterday, i ended up drinking a ton of water, and i haven't "let it go"....still thirsty today, too, it's really strange.
Keep drinking, it will eventually go away. Sometimes I hate being a woman and being able to retain so much water.