Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
It's been raining here for 3 days straight. I'm so jealous of your snow.
It rains all the time here, I'm used to it. Our 10 day forcast shows rain everyday except 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
O.K. folks........ remember me.... the one that started this challenge??? Well can you say that once again I am a screw up!!! I now weigh more than I did when I started this....... 236
I could so kick my a$$... if I could reach it. Well, I am back.... I still have 13 weeks until Summer (officially) starts. I am such a dofus... I am about to get mean instead of just mad with myself. I am back.. and will stay with it from here on out...My goal now is to get to onderland by then!!! I WILL DO THAT!!!!!!!
We've all been there. All you can do is move on and keep at it and we will be here to support you.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Welcome back, sweetpoison. I was just thinking yesterday that we may need to track you down. Glad to see you found your way back on your own! Onward & downward! Looking forward to seeing you hit onederland!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
O.K. folks........ remember me.... the one that started this challenge??? Well can you say that once again I am a screw up!!! I now weigh more than I did when I started this....... 236
I could so kick my a$$... if I could reach it. Well, I am back.... I still have 13 weeks until Summer (officially) starts. I am such a dofus... I am about to get mean instead of just mad with myself. I am back.. and will stay with it from here on out...My goal now is to get to onderland by then!!! I WILL DO THAT!!!!!!!
I'm still here too, dear. Let's get 'er done!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Drive by post with hugs to those who need it and high-5's to everyone! DH hogging the computer at home and really can't post here at work. Hopefully, I can read everyone's post and be more responsive!

Have a great day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Thank you for this, but still 200 this morning.

Sweetpoison, we're just glad to have you back! You started a great challenge. See you in ONEderland real soon.

Lynne
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #426
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SNJenny
Stats: 170, 184 / 171 / 110....5'2
WOE: Atkins Re-started WOL July 2008 @ 184 !!
Start Date: 06/01/06..Re-started July '08 @ 184
Checking in
No loss in the past week but feeling good. For some reason it's not really getting me down how it always has before, I guess it's because I know that this way of life works and I'm determined to stick with it no matter what so I know I'll continue losing. My clothes are starting to fit better by the way :-) Hope you're all doing good.
Happy Lowcarbing ya'll
SNJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

230.5 today and now it's off to an hour of Callanetics and some weights. Have a good evening!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emlynb
Stats: 204/196/137
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: Restart January 2012
Hey Everybody!

Had a rough day yesterday as ate out at a pub and indulged a bit, but it was with my bff and we were celebrating her new job that's going to take her away in 6 weeks to a different state, but it's a good job and she needs to take it, but I'm really going to miss her. Anyway, we plan to go out every Tuesday night until she leaves, so I need to figure out some better choices!

Still, only gained .4 lb from it (so far), and have been really good today. Am starting to HATE my scale! I feel like this is taking forever. I know that's not true, but I get impatient... Still, this is a great way of eating, and I don't really mind denying myself some of the things I used to love, but it's hard not to scarf back chocolate sometimes... If I could have chocolate, I'd be good to go forever.

Pathetic, huh?

--Emlyn
emlynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
You can have chocolate. Try 85% lindt bars. I found 99% cocoa bars at World Market so I always have both in my fridge.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Well, scale still hasn't moved. I'm now wondering if my very yummy 1 carb ketchup wasn't more of a problem than the actual meatloaf that I made over the weekend. The meatloaf, of course, was pretty high calorie and it was so good (especially with the ketchup) that it's pretty much all I ate last weekend. I'm now wondering if the ketchup didn't kick me out of ketosis. That would explain why I was hungrier than usual Monday & Tuesday as well. Looking at the half full bottle, though, it should have only been 12 carbs total, spread over two days... I guess that is a lot of sugar, but still reasonable carbs. I dunno. I just want the scale to move!

Another thing I noticed is my formerly jigglypuff (do people around here still use that term?) tummy is now back to being firm & filled out, not wrinkly & jiggly. Did those empty fat cells fill with water? FAT? I seem to remember it being a progression of jiggly/firm/jiggly/firm, though, so hopefully that's just a coincidence?

Anyway, thanks for listening/reading my ramblings. I am a bit frustrated, but know I need to do this for life, so 'aint goin' nowhere'. Hope your scales are much more cooperative this morning!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by emlynb View Post
Still, this is a great way of eating, and I don't really mind denying myself some of the things I used to love, but it's hard not to scarf back chocolate sometimes... If I could have chocolate, I'd be good to go forever.
Coconut bark. Melt coconut oil in the microwave, add unsweetened cocoa, and sweetener of some kind, and pour it on a saran-wrap covered plate. Sprinkle with chopped almonds or pecans. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes. Candy bar, yum! And the coconut oil is good for you.

Lynne

P.S. 202 this morning. It said 204, but I yelled until it relented and offered 202 as a consolation prize. I hate my scale.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

I think we're all a little frustrated right now.

I did an hour of Callanetics and upper body weights back-to-back around 10pm last night, and I was so wound up I didn't climb into bed until 1:30. Plus, I drank a bunch of water after exercise. Scale said 233 this morning **grr**

Still, we cannot give up or give in. We are all strong!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
I have not been on in a week or so but I am hanging in there! So far I have managed a pound a week. I think I am going to be happy with that. Every time I really start trying to push myself harder I seem to have issues and end up eating too much.

Slow and steady will work for me just fine. (I have to keep telling myself that.).
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Great attitudes everyone! We will get there
Old 03-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all! I had a bad day(well just evening) yesterday eating wise. We had a snow storm and was without power for 8 hours. We ended up ordering pizza and I had two slices and some breadsticks. I didn't want to face the scale this morning so I skipped weighing. Between TOM and the pizza, I don't want to know. Feeling really bloated today so I have been trying to drink more water and just eat really low carbs.

Now for a little funny... The roads were not too bad driving to work today but once I tried pulling into the parking lot, my little Mazda got stuck in the deep snow and I couldn't get in or out. My boss even tried pushing while I was giving it gas but no luck. He had to get a shovel out and get my car unstuck. Luckily we have two parking lots so everyone else parked in back(I was the first one there). I couldn't even get into the lot, so we shoveled the lot just enough to get my car out of the road. We just are not used to having snow so throw 7 inches at us and we don't have a clue.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Ugh... Up to 163 this morning! I started this challenge at 162!
I was 160 last week, but I have been stressed and not drinking water. Hope I will be back on track by next week.
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Snow???? It was in the upper 70s here in NC today. Glad you were able to get the car moved and you are okay.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Coconut bark. Melt coconut oil in the microwave, add unsweetened cocoa, and sweetener of some kind, and pour it on a saran-wrap covered plate. Sprinkle with chopped almonds or pecans. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes. Candy bar, yum! And the coconut oil is good for you.

Lynne

P.S. 202 this morning. It said 204, but I yelled until it relented and offered 202 as a consolation prize. I hate my scale.
Thanks! This sounds majorly yummy. And congratulations on subduing that scale!
I'm up .6 lbs, which is not bad after 2 sort of bad days. Determined to do better. These forums are really helping me not go off the rails. Thanks everybody, for sharing.

--Emlyn
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
You can have chocolate. Try 85% lindt bars. I found 99% cocoa bars at World Market so I always have both in my fridge.
Where do you get the 85% lindt bars. Looked around here a little bit and didn't find. Now World Market, sadly. What does the 99% taste like? Super bitter?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Today's food:
B - slice roasted turkey breast; coffee w/sweetened creamer (my downfall)
L - celery, homemade chicken salad; diet pepsi
D - dry rub pork ribs (6 small), stewed cabbage, slaw; diet mt dew
W - not enough but drank a lot unsweet tea
E - 1 hour 'Walk with Joyce' (Joyce Vedral)

See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JodyJane
Stats: 252H/ 222.8 C/ ?
WOE: Chris Powell Carb Cycling
Start Date: Daily
Come on everyone, let's go into the weekend strong!

My test results came back as nothing. Arg. Trying to cut out greasy or fried foods to see if that helps. But the scale is moving. Back to 223.4

Maybe we can all post our menus to keep us on track. I know it sure helps me when I see your menus.

B: Chai tea-I have this every other Friday-my endulgence, protein bar
L: 3 hard boiled eggs, little mayo & apple
D: shrimp scampi, lettuce salad
JodyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I haven't posted in a while, and this is such a talkative thread, I had a lot of catching up to do!

Just before St. Patty's day i was within a pound of onderland, but then a had a few drinks which always cause weight issues for me. So I gained 3 pounds from that, but now, a week later, i'm down to 200.8 once again. I hope I get there soon! even if it's a brief moment!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the scale is moving for some!

AmyLiz, you're soooo close. Can't wait to see you hit that magic number!

Jody, it's frustrating when they can't figure out what's wrong, but glad everything checked out ok. Hope the pains disappear for you soon!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
NEW LOW!!! Finally stopped bouncing. (thank goodness too, I was bout to throw up!). 198.6 today!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
NEW LOW!!! Finally stopped bouncing. (thank goodness too, I was bout to throw up!). 198.6 today!
WooHooo!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #446
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy-Alcohol does the same thing to me. That's why i've been trying my darndest not to drink. I'm almost 5 weeks in with no alcohol! It's so frustrating then I'm like, screw it, I'm not losing anyways, even though I know it's water retention. It's just not worth it to me right now to drink.

Great job Amgarrett!

I'm back from out of town, thankfully.

I was so confident I would be in the teens this morning. I did as best I could with water and coffee to keep the retention to a minimum, although I did have some salty cracklins twice, so I knew it was possible to be up, besides a bit of restaraunt food which we all know they salt terribly. I had my camera ready, cleaned my scale off so you guys wouldn't see a pic of a dirty scale and...

Anyhoo, stepped on the scale, 219.6. I always have to "calibrate" my scale, so I got on it again. 220.6 Again, 220.6 One more time after cussing...220.6 And then proceeded to give my scale a nice kick across the bathroom

I guess on a good note, I'm down to my all time LC low of 220.6 which I hit back in September.

I just wanted the teens, but yall know I want 214. My all time low as an adult, hit it when I was 18 and it didn't last long. I'm wanting it so bad.

So, haven't exercised since Monday, although eating has been good. Depending on what the day brings (could possibly go back out of town gambling, although, I think i rather stay home and focus on this weight loss number), so tentatively, Body combat at 5:30, body combat at 9am tomorrow, and at 2:30 sunday.

I will post a menu when I figure it out. I'm low on all food and brizzoke, so whatever I can dig up.

Last edited by MsWoods; 03-23-2012 at 07:44 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, you are so inspiring! Wish that 219 would have stuck for you, but you're going to blow through 214 really soon. Keep up the great work. I love reading your posts!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Tami!

Also, what are yall considering "summer"? Like goal wise?

Originally I was saying June 1st, however, I decided today June 22nd is my goal date. That will be my 3 year Lowcarbaversary, it will mark the 200lbs lost mark, and Onderland. That all sounds so good together. I have got to do this.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You are doing fantastic!
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

I think Sweetpoison originally said June 20th... I *think* that's the official first day of summer. You're right, those all do sound good together! I'll go check the first post and edit this in a sec

*Edited - yes, that's correct, June 20th. I had to go back and find her post in the main lobby.

Last edited by misscobi; 03-23-2012 at 08:02 AM..