Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
auntie if you have a good way of making good mayo will you please post it......I have made it but it was a few decade's ago.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry for the triple posting but I have one more ittie bittie word.
THAT BANANA PUDDING HAS MY BRAIN SO MESSED UP~I COMPLETLY FORGOT ABOUT THE S/F ICE CREAM :-(
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
MaryLouise, I haven't used this one, but it looks scrumptious.

Introducing: A Recipe Contest, With Prizes - NYTimes.com

Also, here are several ways to make mascarpone cheese.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Do you guys have room for one more????? I'd love a group!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

please forgive my multi~multi postings~

I really am very sincere when I ask ya'll to forgive my too many postings but, I thought about something else.

I need to throw a thought out here~~~~

Left over grease. If you are not blessed and can not get your meat from a good source, grass fed, please go easy on left over grease from bacon. Bacon grease is good, from a good source...

Animals that have been fed grain and every toxic thing man can come up with to make their animals bigger, stronger etc. I throw away the grease drippings from that meat. Use coconut, olive oil or butter to fry your meat in. In truth, meat should be eaten raw. UGH, I can't do that. I read a lot. Well I read a whole lot.

Has anyone ever read 'The Raw Truth'?

I just had to give pause to an earlier post I read.

Last edited by marylouise; 02-10-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

randtbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Do you guys have room for one more????? I'd love a group!
OH YES!!!!

to the thread!!!

Auntie Em
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
MaryLouise, I haven't used this one, but it looks scrumptious.

Introducing: A Recipe Contest, With Prizes - NYTimes.com

Also, here are several ways to make mascarpone cheese.

Thanks Auntie Em!

I will check them out!

Tarrah! You have a beautiful name!

Last edited by marylouise; 02-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: added a thought
Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh YES Auntie it sounds great. But I will use coconut oil instead of bacon drippings. I am one of the unfortunate, that has to eat meat from Kroger. And that means grain fed.

I'm sure it will be great made with CO!!!

Thank You A Ton! :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

HOMEMADE MAYO :-)

Auntie Em I just made it and it is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it with a mixer. My food processer is packed up so I tried it with my mixer. It is great
I stopped eating mayo because I could not find a good one without sugar. I have a good one now. Plus I made it with CO
Thank You Auntie Em

Bacon Mayonnaise
Yield About 1/2 cup

Jennifer McLagan
Ingredients
1 egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard~~~~One thing I changed was I used reg mustard. :-)
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup liquid bacon fat~~~One thing I changed was I used Coconut oil. :-)
Method
Combine the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in the small bowl of a food processor or in a blender and process to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Have the bacon fat liquid, but not hot. With the machine running, gradually the bacon fat until the mixture starts to stiffen and emulsify, about 2 minutes. Once it starts to emulsify, you can add the fat more quickly. If the mayonnaise is too thick, just blend in 1 teaspoon of boiling water to thin it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Source: The New York Times

Best mayo I ever had!!!
Thank you again Auntie Em

Last edited by marylouise; 02-10-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: added changes to the mayo
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good! Thanks I lost 65lbs in 2004 here on a support group called the Protein Gang- we were Protein and fat back then, too. But they aren't around anymore (I've been gone a long time!)

A little about myself- I'm 33, mother of a 6 year old ACTIVE little boy, married to my high school sweetheart. We live a very active life in Colorado (we are transplants by choice from Texas).

Looking forward to getting to know you guys. Any "rules" to the group?????
Old 02-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

WELCOME TARRAH

Hi Tarrah~Its great to met you!
Rules, oh gee I hope not.
I'd be the first one to break a rule. I am almost glued to my computer and I love this thread. I think Auntie Em is the author of this thread.

I feel embarrassed when I take up a whole page, but I am a chatter-box. When I think of something it just comes pouring out of me!

You married your childhood sweetheart. Thats cool. I married my sweetheart, even if we didn't go to school together. We been hanging on to each other since 1969.

Ya'll have a 6 year old. Now that is way cool! He keeps ya'll busy I'm sure

I bet Colorado is pretty!

You lost a lot in 2004. This WOE is the only thing that works for me. In 2003 I lost 100 pounds and it found me again in 2006-7-8-9-10 and 11 I woke up from my bad dream and started all over again March of 2011.

If you read back you saw I fell off my game. I'm back on the straight now and looking to lose my next 20.

It's great having you join us.
Losing can be fun!
low carbin it is a good way for me and lots of others. as you found out in 2004. I would be lost had Dr. Atkins not did all the math for me.
Going to cook me some meat eggs and cheese
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I lost all the weight in less than 5 months in 2004- it was easy and quick (I was younger and had not had a baby yet). This time has been SLOOOOOWWWER. I'm 6 weeks in and I've lost about 5lbs. I feel GREAT and I'm getting smaller. So, I'll stick with it.

We are going to Hawaii in March so, I need to wear cute beach clothes. My own little mini-goal! In Colorado, I can wear jeans and long sleeve shirts most of the year- but now I have to come out from under my hiding place!

I also do best on M&E (though I HATE EGGS- I try to eat them). I eat a little cheese. Some days a little too much. I eat veggies (a salad) 1-2 times a week, but mostly I'm a meat person.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Tarrah!

Day 2
coffee 2 cups with 1/2 and 1/2
6 fried eggs w/kerrygold butter
tbone steak ( small leftover piece from yesterday)
chicken thighs
hamburger patty with cheese
couple slices cucumber
Mcdonald's coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 pcs. bacon

I can't say enough about how eating like this lessens cravings and keeps me full I briefly thought about a carby treat on the way home from work today and then suddenly thought of how much better my burger and eggs for dinner would be. I have done meat and egg before but I think I also had too many veggies and sugar substitutes for it to really work as well as it is now without those things.

Last edited by jeaniem; 02-10-2012 at 05:45 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

You lost 65 in less than 5 months! That was fast. Yea as we age everything slows down.
Ya'll are going to Hawaii!!! Not that is wonderful. It's good to see different places when you are still young enough to enjoy it. Gives you a little extra push to get the weight off.

Yea I always loved winter the most because it is easier to hide under layers of clothes. But I am kind of a summer person now that I have a swimming pool. I am a fish in water.

You don't like eggs. Oh that's bad. so you will be mostly meat. Cheese is what keeps me moving forward. I like it melted and poured over meat and eggs.

I'd like to have a milk goat and make my own cheese. I am gona get some chickens and have my own fresh eggs. I want to try that egg cream a bunch of folks seem to love.

I made mayo today from the New York Times Auntie Em sent me. I made it up with no problem. I took it out of fridge a few mins ago and it's hard as a rock. It taste great. I should have taken it out of the cold a couple hours before I put my pork steaks in the oven. I don't know if it's gona work out now or not. I want to find out how the makers of mayo are making it so that it stays creamy.
I have made it before but it was a very very long time ago.
Got to get back up and check my meat.

Oh I wanted to tell you. We have 2 grown sons and 6 grand kids. One is married. They probably gona make me a great grandma! :-) Their ages are 20,18,12,6,6,2....Kind of stretched out. The girls are 6. Each son got very lucky having daughters. And a big plus that they are the same age! My youngest son's wife home-schools their girl. Gona do it with the 2 year old too.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

I think losing my next 20 on this thread is gona be FUN :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I think losing my next 20 on this thread is gona be FUN :-)
Me too!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cutepixy
Stats: 250/???/160
WOE: Just trying to cut down on my carb intake
Start Date: Seems like I have never stopped dieting
hey there, I've done M&E a while ago and would love to join you guys to help break my stall and get into the 199 range currently I am 205 and i want to be 199 for March 1
cutepixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutepixy View Post
hey there, I've done M&E a while ago and would love to join you guys to help break my stall and get into the 199 range currently I am 205 and i want to be 199 for March 1
cutepixy!

I just joined two days ago myself. How did you like the meat/egg before?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi cutepixy

Quote:

Hi cutepixy~~~ Yes please come on board. You found the right thread for meat eggs and fat and cheese.

It's great to met you. I was doing some updating on my computer. I'm wanting to lose 20 more with this WOE. It is the best, fastest way to lose I think.

My first time doing Atkins was in 1976 or 77. I can't remember the exact year. It was the year Elvis died. That I am sure of. It was my first time to really lose a lot fast. I lost 17 pounds in the first two weeks on low carb.

Meat eggs and cheese....
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

I had to go VVLC a couple of weeks ago. I don't really miss bread or chips and such. I have a severe sweet tooth. I eat the Atkins bars to take the edge off my wanting chocolate. I am a true chocoholic!

So I'm working as hard as I can to get my next 20 pounds off.

I slipped up early this week. I ate sugar free ice cream. I was so dumb. It has woke up my taste buds. I have 2 reason's I can cheat. Well no I have 3 reasons I can not cheat.

I am a fat induced diabetic. I was on insulin FOR a different reason than one should do it for. If that makes any sense.
I used insulin for a free pass to eat like there was no tomorrow. I must get rid of 20 ASAP!!

I am facing up here.okdokie~~~~

The bars are stopping me from getting back to losing. It has been a hard week for me. I'm working hard to pull myself back to where I was at when the fat was melting off my body and out off my body!

This is the first time I have admitted it....
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

I have to. I must do it. I want it. I want to be able to love the way I feel in my on body. I want that again. I miss that woman. I'm old now but I didn't use to be. I had muscles. I had legs that any woman or man would hope for. I want to get some of what I felt at 148. I want to feel sexy again!

It's a weird feeling knowing I am almost 61. My birthday is in April. I feel old today. That S/F candy is working on me harder than I have adimmited or even knew.

WOW it's like a big window opened up. I feel like CRAP. I FEEL LIKE CRAP. THE BARS ARE REALLY WHERE MY PROBLEM IS AT!!!!!

I feel sluggie. I feel weak. I feel like crap.

I need to get up and throw the S/F candy out the door. Well I can't do that because it can kill dogs and dogs are roaming free out here. I live in the country. I only make the trip to town once a month if it's possible. It cost a lot of money everytime I go. I have my DH food preplanned. I also have mine waiting to be cooked.

I want that good feeling to come back to me.....ASAP.........NOW......
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! I was just talking to my DH and both of us was telling the other the memory of the first time I lost thoses same 100 as I did back then!

I did it because I wanted to ride behind my DH on his brand new motorcycle. It was black. It was shinnie. It still had that fresh new smell on it when I got on the back for the first time after I had thrown away 100 pounds so fist it would make a head turn around. My mama was living with us because she had been told she had lung cancer and she was too scared to live alone. Oh she hated that motorcycle!

Thats what I want back, even at 61! :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Is everyone asleep?????
Where are yall?????????
Come out where ever you are!!!!!
You know I am a real bad chatter.
My DH is eating a orange and the smell drifted to me just now. Oh it smelled good.
I ate one small lemon today. I don't do that very often. But a lemon is good for me. I was drinking one a couple times a month. I don't know why. I stopped? I see no harm in a lemon or a lime. I used Saccharin. I have that and Stevia and Splenda.
I am working on stopping the Splenda. I Googled it!!!!!

I am not going to buy anymore Atkins bars or Russel Stover S/F candy. It's the only way I can get my weight loss started again. I am a fast loser, on the correct foods. Not Frankinfood!!!!!!

I'm sorry this is the first time I have told ya'll everything I have been eating. And thats so childish. I'm wrong not to tell all. I hope no one gets upset or mad at me. I promise to tell the whole truth about what goes in my mouth.
I will be clean and true to VVLC. The way I was doing. The banana pudding messed me up worse than I ever dreamed it would or could. It has been at least 4 weeks since I put that tablespoon in my mouth.
And then to add insult I go and eat 2 tubs of sugar free ice cream. Who did I think I was fooling????

I sure didn't fool my body. It has cold dead stopped losing fat!
SOOO I am makiing myself own what I am doing so I will not do it again.
Ya'll will see a new mind set in the daylight tomorrow. I'm going to bed so I can hurry to start my new day with a new and refreshed mind and get that body I want so badly.
Marylouise

Last edited by marylouise; 02-10-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Hi, Tarrah. Welcome. We each have our own rules, and change them as we like. We will encourage you in whatever you choose!

Cutepixy, welcome!

ML and Jeanie, hi.

Food for me today:

Tea w/ pastured butter, a dab of beef fat, and a little hh
B: 1 sl. beef bacon, LO bits of meat and fat from cooking beef bones, and a small burger, with chives and white pepper, 2 hb yolks
Decaf coffee w/ light cream
L: perhaps hb eggs and yoghurt, and a few herbs
S: probably a beef burger and hot water w/ hwc/hh

Best wishes to all for happy, successful VLCing.

Best wishes for happy, healthy LCing.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You lost 65 in less than 5 months! That was fast. Yea as we age everything slows down.
Ya'll are going to Hawaii!!! Not that is wonderful. It's good to see different places when you are still young enough to enjoy it. Gives you a little extra push to get the weight off.

Yea I always loved winter the most because it is easier to hide under layers of clothes. But I am kind of a summer person now that I have a swimming pool. I am a fish in water.

You don't like eggs. Oh that's bad. so you will be mostly meat. Cheese is what keeps me moving forward. I like it melted and poured over meat and eggs.

I'd like to have a milk goat and make my own cheese. I am gona get some chickens and have my own fresh eggs. I want to try that egg cream a bunch of folks seem to love.

I made mayo today from the New York Times Auntie Em sent me. I made it up with no problem. I took it out of fridge a few mins ago and it's hard as a rock. It taste great. I should have taken it out of the cold a couple hours before I put my pork steaks in the oven. I don't know if it's gona work out now or not. I want to find out how the makers of mayo are making it so that it stays creamy.
I have made it before but it was a very very long time ago.
Got to get back up and check my meat.

Oh I wanted to tell you. We have 2 grown sons and 6 grand kids. One is married. They probably gona make me a great grandma! :-) Their ages are 20,18,12,6,6,2....Kind of stretched out. The girls are 6. Each son got very lucky having daughters. And a big plus that they are the same age! My youngest son's wife home-schools their girl. Gona do it with the 2 year old too.
We lived in Hawaii for 4 years before we had our son (it's actually where I lost the weight before!). We have t been back in 7 years and still have friends there and we all now have kids- so it's like a mini reunion. They met me at my heaviest and then saw me lose the weight- last they saw me I was at a really thin 160 (I'm a large frame 5'8"- so 160 is a size 6 for me). I'm not even hoping to do that again. I'd be reall happy to be 175 and a size 12!

You have such a big family! That must be nice. We sometimes get sad that Kyle won't have siblings- but we enjoy our small- quiet- family!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Down another pound today!

Does anyone know if eating this way can be done long term safely?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm stuck at 200. 200.4 one day 200.8 the next 200.1 the next 201.4 the next. ERRRRRRRRR
Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I had to go VVLC a couple of weeks ago. I don't really miss bread or chips and such. I have a severe sweet tooth. I eat the Atkins bars to take the edge off my wanting chocolate. I am a true chocoholic!

So I'm working as hard as I can to get my next 20 pounds off.

I slipped up early this week. I ate sugar free ice cream. I was so dumb. It has woke up my taste buds. I have 2 reason's I can cheat. Well no I have 3 reasons I can not cheat.

I am a fat induced diabetic. I was on insulin FOR a different reason than one should do it for. If that makes any sense.
I used insulin for a free pass to eat like there was no tomorrow. I must get rid of 20 ASAP!!

I am facing up here.okdokie~~~~

The bars are stopping me from getting back to losing. It has been a hard week for me. I'm working hard to pull myself back to where I was at when the fat was melting off my body and out off my body!

This is the first time I have admitted it....
Honesty is the first step!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's a good question- Jeanie. I don't know. I try to eat veggies every once in a while. I figure it isn't any worse for me than the way I'd been eating before.

I had a great night out last night with DH and friends. I had a couple bites of cheese soup (carbby- so 2 bites of DH's and I was happy). A steak with butter. YUMMMMY. Oh- and a diet coke, rum and lime. I sneak in a little coconut davinchi to add and it tastes like a malibu and coke. It was strong so I asked for extra dt coke in a tall glass!

I have a bunch of mini goals I thought I'd lay out here because I hadn't written them down anywhere else:

Mid March- I'd like to be a solid 14 for my Hawaii trip
Mid May- DH and I are going to Vegas for the first time for our 14th anniversary. I want to wear a sexy dress!
July- I want to climb a mountain, probably a 12-13K peak
Aug- I want to climb a 14K peak

Sounds like a lot- but I have to start somewhere. I have a trainer 1x a week and I'm doing cardo 2-3 times a week. I'll get there.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
Hi, Tarrah. Welcome. We each have our own rules, and change them as we like. We will encourage you in whatever you choose!

Cutepixy, welcome!

ML and Jeanie, hi.

Food for me today:

Tea w/ pastured butter, a dab of beef fat, and a little hh
B: 1 sl. beef bacon, LO bits of meat and fat from cooking beef bones, and a small burger, with chives and white pepper, 2 hb yolks
Decaf coffee w/ light cream
L: perhaps hb eggs and yoghurt, and a few herbs
S: probably a beef burger and hot water w/ hwc/hh

Best wishes to all for happy, successful VLCing.
Tea with butter and beef fat? So is that more like a soup?
What's yoghurt? We use to make yocheese around here- strained yogurt. That was before greek yogurt was easy to find. I figure greek yogurt is the same thing? But I don't know....