Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Hi, Ladies.

Maria, I do better w/ pastured cream than the commercial stuff that contains carrageenan. I rarely buy the good cream as it requires a long drive and is quite expensive.

I'm limiting cheese these days, as tree pollen is here. I may do a few cream-free days, too. I can handle cream as yoghurt better than straight hwc, except in very small amounts.

Food today:

Tea w/ beef drippings, hh/hwc
B: Beef bacon and 2 braised eggs, chives and white pepper
L: Black tea, (straight) and beef burger, w/ pickles and lettuce
S: will decide later

Best wishes to all for successful VLC-ing.

Best wishes for happy, healthy LCing.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Meat & Egg fasting since Sunday and doing it for 1 week with another low carber. I don't know how you all go so many days doing it? Good success to you and I will pop in time to time because I want to do this fast from time to time. Good success to you all!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Maggie! It's nice to have you post here. All the best to you!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
My grandma passed away after a terrible battle with lung cancer, so sadly I’ve been there too marylouse. C Monster is awful…

Your menu sounds really tasty maria! And clean too. I didn’t even want to step on the scale after ATTACKING a bag of macadamia nuts yesterday No bueno. From today on is all about clean eating and keeping my workout schedule. Working out is never a problem… keeping my food in check is. Kudos for the long runs!! I wish I had such an amazing endurance

Aaaaah the cheese!! Yummy, creamy cheese!! I’ve done a semi-good job keeping my cheese intake low, although it’s harder to control myself when I’m making an omelet. I love it when the cheese melts and pours outside – yummm!!!

Welcome Maggie!!! It’s always great to have new peeps around. I wish you great success with this WOE

Yesterday I had:
• Coffee
• 1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/strawberry banana jell-o)
• 3 hb eggs w/spicy mayo
• Macadamia nuts – The aforementioned bag attack

I’m going to try to have just eggs instead of other protein. Let’s see if I succeed!!

My ancestors didn’t claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 135/121/115
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: August 12, 2008
Yesterday:

Ran 8.2 miles
Coffee w/ half & half, liquid stevia
ACV water
Hibiscus tea
1/3 lb ground beef w/ 2 eggs
6 strips of turkey bacon
2 C chicken broth
5 oz flounder & lemon juice
10 or 12 Almond stuffed green olives (not planned)

My weight is up 1/2 lb today. Okay, I know I got into the olives, but really?

I know my weight is acceptable where it's at, but I really wanted to lose just a few before my race season starts. Not only that, I "was" 114 (and lower) for a long time before I started training for long distance racing.

I think the long hours of training I put in last year (esp last fall) really threw my body for a loop. It caused constant excessive hunger and my body learned to become very efficient at burning fuel.

Oh well, at least I'm starting to feel better and more in control.
Maria527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, TM. What spices do you put in your mayo?

Maria, is your running performance better when you weigh less? It is quite a challenge to have a diet for optimal performance. I wish you every success.

Hope you all are having a lovely afternoon.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 135/121/115
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: August 12, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
Maria, is your running performance better when you weigh less? It is quite a challenge to have a diet for optimal performance. I wish you every success.
EXACTLY! That has been my issue for the past 2 years; trying to balance my weight with endurance training and a low carb diet.

And yes, weight does make a difference in performance. I could potentially gain about 4:30 min in a marathon just by losing 5 lbs. May not sound like much, but in a race, every second counts!
Maria527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi Ladies
I want to try this for a while and see how it goes.

Auntie Em- Which Callanetics do you use?

Thanks.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Maria, I have tried Fast Five before and think it works well. I didn't have much luck because I could never give up my coffee with cream during the fasting time. It is wonderful you can get out there and run so many miles! I hate that out of control feeling and am hoping going back to my almost 0 carb will get me back in control too.

Marylouise, my mom had polio as a baby too and has not been able to walk for several years now. It is strange the things we have in common. If you say you are from Alabama I will really freak out. lol

Had a good day yesterday eating pot roast, hard boiled eggs and pork rinds. I am still not weighing so not worried about water retention from the salt. When I am ready to weigh next ( when I start to feel slimmer) I will hold off on the salt the day before or so.

Have a wonderful day all!

Well no I am not from Alabama. but my state does start with an A. Arkansas is where I am at, but I was raised in Memphis Tennessee

Moved to Arkansas in 68, met my hubby to be and the rest is history.
My husband was playing guitar whe we me in a band. I took a broom and swep away all the girls daning and smiling at him!! He has never stopped. Our youngest learned to play and so did both of his sons. The oldest was born to play drums. But now he wants to play the guitar. All three can sing. They mostly do love songs. While I was pg. in 73 with our second son my DH wanted me to play organ. I tried but it is much more fun watching them and the sound they create is so good!!!!
They do lots of music together and wow it is great!

I'd rather listen to them than any other music. Not bragging, but they are very good!

I sure had another melt down today! I ate sugar free ice cream and I got so upset with myself I took to my bed.

I was never cheating. Never!!

I don't know why after a year I ate sugar free ice.

I am moving on and it's gona take a while for the craving to leave me. Its my own fault and I hope I can handle the beating the sugar free is gona give to me.
Bedtime. see yall in the sunshine
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
I'm from Arkansas too . Fort smith!

I'm gonna start a meat/egg fast as soon as my fridge is clear of the massive amount of veggies I bought this week. I really wanna get the nerve to try egg creams. Something about the raw eggs is stopping me!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
Start Date: January 2008
Marylouise, my son in law works in Arkansas and when I fly out to see him and daughter and grandkids in Missouri (near Joplin) I fly into Fayetteville and he picks me up after work. Arkansas is a great place! Now do not get into that sugar free ice cream until you get to goal. No derailing this close to goal! You can do it girl!

Had another good day yesterday of close to 0 carb. Had pot roast, hamburger with cheese, and some pork rinds. Don't feel any slimmer yet so am not weighing until I do.

I am happy I found this meat and egg site at just the right time for me.

Have a great day all!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Maria, I'm sending you ultra-light, streamlined thoughts! I have known ballet dancers who were fastidious about staying very light in weight to be able to dance more easily. What a balance, to increase strength and speed and also to find and maintain an optimal performance weight. It is easy for me to understand that those five pounds could improve one's performance dramatically.

Jeanie, I do exercises from the Ten Years Younger in Ten Hours routine, modified for my parameters, combined with some of the improvements in the Callanetics Evolution video. I alternate the exertion exercises with stretches and rests.

Hi, Abigale, MaryLouise, and Amgarrett,

Food today:

Tea w/ pastured butter, dab of beef dripping fat, and hh
B: Beef bacon and beef burger
L: probably beef burger
S: perhaps beef bacon and eggs, yoghurt

Am limiting hwc and hh, decreasing cheese intake, increasing pastured butter, and having more dairy-free meals. Working on limiting histamines.

Best wishes to all for success in all your goals.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 02-09-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Old 02-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Amgarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
I'm from Arkansas too . Fort smith!

I'm gonna start a meat/egg fast as soon as my fridge is clear of the massive amount of veggies I bought this week. I really wanna get the nerve to try egg creams. Something about the raw eggs is stopping me!

Fort Smith is not far from me. I have never been there but I know of it very well. Arkansas is a pretty state in it's own rights. It's very flat where we are at. If you hold out your palm and push a hole in the center there me is. We very low here. Too low to be truthful. Sometimes if I think about it too much I get depressed. We get every-one's rain water. We get every one's drinking water. We get every single drop of water dropped on us. And I mean every drop! Are you understanding what I am implying? UGH!!!
But it is home. I so love my home. We will be glad when we can buy a home.

We moved to Tennessee 4 years ago to help my sister. We were 100 miles from our son's and grand kids. I didn't like that part. But I would do it all over again to help my dear sweet baby sister. She was worth 365 x 4!!!!

Doing VVLC at times can be hard. I had no problem for almost one whole year! Why now is a mystery to me, that I would CHEAT!!

Could it be the banana pudding I kept making for my DH after Christmas?? He loves it so much! I has such a hard time when I made the last one. I put as much as I could on a tablespoon in front of him to so him this was killing me. I had so hoped it would be enough to get him to stop! All it did was reawake my sweet tooth. OH CRAP. Its pulling on me as I tell ya'll this. I feel like I am gona not be able to get back up on my road to goal. I have been running all over the board looking for a way to make this craving go away before I completely lose it.

IT DOES NOT MAKE ONE BIT OF SENCE!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

This is my WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria40nc View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to come hang out with ya'll a bit. I lost my weight back in 2008, but have since become complacent and have developed binge eating issues.

The ONLY thing I know works for sure to get (and keep) me balanced is a meat and egg fast. It's like hitting a "reset" button.

I've had mostly meat and eggs the past few days and am already starting to feel better.

coffee w/ organic half & half and liquid stevia
5 strips of bacon w/ 2 fried eggs
chicken broth with bits of chicken, chili peppers, thickened w/ 2 eggs
hibiscus tea

Will likely have a steak later that I'll toss in the iron skillet with the leftover bacon fat.

I was looking over the thread and saw the ACV tonic. I had forgotten all about ACV until a few days ago, so I bought some. I need to start adding it to my water again.

I JUST want to feel balanced again so that I'm not having cravings and binge issues. This has to work. I've been so frustrated with myself and out of control.
I know I have already responded to your post Maria. I feel a great urgent magnet drawing me back to it. Yall know how long I have been low carb-in it.
Ya'll know I am strong! To go almost a whole year without cheating is a great wonderful feeling!!!

It has to be, it must be the banana puddings fault!!!
My DH asked me Monday and again Tuesday to make him another one before the bananas go bad. Finally yesterday I said NO!
Finally yesterday I said NO very loudly! He said okay. Then he said, but I thought that is why you have to get the bars so you can make me stuff and not cheat. Golly-bill~~~I am not a brick wall. I'm am in a horrible place in my mind right now! We have been happy for almost 43 years. I have yo-yo dieted all of them years. WHY can't he see how I am like a fragile egg shell?

I know why! IT is the pull of SUGAR!!!!!!!

SUGAR is killing people everyday. Sugar is one of the causes of that dreaded C word! I believe this with all my heart. Have you ever thought about that PEP scan they have? Do you know why it detects cancer in the body?? I didn't in 2003, I do now!

They use a dye tainted with SUGAR. The cancer glows with sugar molecules. Cancer LOVES sugar!!!

A body deprived of oxygen opens the gates for them cells to go bad and turn on us too!!!

DOCTORS the smart one's know sugar feeds cancer. Ask this Q. Why do they have candy at almost every coner in a cancer clinic? I can tell you the answer to that. So the place want get too crowded. Think about this before you dismiss me as nuttie........

When I took my mama the place was huge. It was in Memphis Tennessee. Sometimes there was no place to park. People double parked!! Candy cookies cakes everything you can think of was everwhere in the clinic.

I am fixing to take them going bad bananas outside and smash them into the ground where my DH will see them when he gets back from his brothers. He is there trying to teach him how to play the guitar. Thats like trying to teach the blind to see. My BIL is tone dead!!!!

I will BRB~~~~~~~

Okay the deed is done. I didn't smash them. I threw them one at a time as far as I could. We are sitting on 10 acres....

I ant got my head sitting back straight completly yet, but it's on its way there!

I see many new faces here. I'm so sorry yall had to see me when I fell down. I really mean that.

This VVLC is do-able. It is very do-able! I know because I have lost 100 great old pounds off my body. So yes it is a very do-able WOE. Welcome new friends.

MARIA thank you for helping me push my reset button!!!!!!!!!

{I was looking over the thread and saw the ACV tonic. I had forgotten all about ACV until a few days ago, so I bought some. I need to start adding it to my water again.

I JUST want to feel balanced again so that I'm not having cravings and binge issues. This has to work. I've been so frustrated with myself and out of control. } Maria this does and will work my new friend!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

THIS WOE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Meat & Egg fasting since Sunday and doing it for 1 week with another low carber. I don't know how you all go so many days doing it? Good success to you and I will pop in time to time because I want to do this fast from time to time. Good success to you all!

Magie it's so good to met you! I am of course Marylouise. I have been VLC since March of last year. Today and for the past several weeks I changed my WOE to VVLC.

Magie meat eggs and cheese is not a fast. You can't do a fastin on this WOE. Magie please don't filp-flop.

Meat, eggs and cheese will turn your body into a mean lean fat burning machine.

Meat, eggs and cheese will turn you into a lean mean fat burning machine!

BUT Magie you must not do it a week then eat what ever. Not even a bite. It will turn the switch OFF. Plus the fat you have been eating will revert FAST to stored fat on your body! I am speaking the truth. If you don't have the 1972 Atkins please go get it. He wrote the book just for you and for me and for each and everyone. He was a very smart man Magie.

I am almost 61 years old. I can not eat a full fat diet today and then tomorrow eat "what is called normal". You just can not do it. That is not do-able! And your blood lipids will sky rocket.

When westop using carbs for energy our bodies have to get it from somewhere and you and everyone knows it takes it from our stores. That's why this WOE works so fast and so easy and so greatly!!

Please if you need proof get the book.

I cheated almost a month ago and it turned me back to a carb burner. Even that one big bite. You can not cheat doing high fat. You just can't do it.

Magie it can and most likely will make you be a very sick woman. I ant trying to scare you away. This WOE is better than any I have ever tried! But you can not flip flop. I read you say you did not know how we did it. Well that's easy, you can not cheat. This WOE is very do-able.

Hey I have to make myself eat some times. I have never been hungry. I did get hungry when I tried to add veggies and the day I took a tablespoon of banana pudding.

I went to buy our monthly groceries last Saturday. I got my DH 2 quart cartons of chocolate ice cream. I get myself 2 cartons of sugar free ice cream. I ate a whole carton yesterday. I ate the whole thing. I have finished both cartons and now I feel like I am having a breakdown. I'm so telling you the complete and whole truth!

I must get up and wash the few dishes I have pilled up. I need to stand for a while too. I will be back. I am staying on this thread today!

I will be back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Marylouise
Can you post some of your typical meals.
I agree with you about the one bite of something setting off cravings, that has happened to me so many times you think I'd learned by now!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Protein (eggs/meat) and fat fast~~~~~

The fast in the title does not mean to fast from food. A food fast would mean one is not eating. If you were to tell someone you were fasting they would know you are not eating. One does not eat if one is fasting.

Here to me the word FAST is saying just what it says.

It means one is only eating meat eggs and fat. I eat cheese too but it is still from a animal so in a huge way is still meat. It is just in a different form. Eating cheese does not stop my weight loss. I could eat a truck load and the after effects for me would be { bring on the sugar free chocolate }

We all know lax. are not good for the human body. I was watchin a doctor show many months ago and the doc said if you can't go to the bathroom eat some sugar free chocolate candy and you will go!!! And go and go!!

In 2003 I ate some for the first time. Ya'll don't want to hear my story~
I promise you don't want to!

So we are fasting from all other foods. That is what the word fasting means in the title.
okdokie
Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeaniem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Marylouise
Can you post some of your typical meals.
I agree with you about the one bite of something setting off cravings, that has happened to me so many times you think I'd learned by now!

Yes I can do that.

Hi Jeaniem,
Most days it is meat eggs and cheese. I do not eat organ meat. I do not eat meat that does not say Sugar FREE! One grain messes me up. Well I do eat Atkiin bars. But I am working on stopping them. They have helped me get over the cravings for sugar. They have a very very tiny amount in them. And it is a sugar that is naturally in that kind of bar.

Eggs fixed anyway you can dream up.
No Mayo with sugar
Mustard
Heavy Cream
Coconut oil. I fry with it, eat it straight, make candy with it,put it in my coffee with heavy cream, I do not use any other oil but Coconut and olive.
No organ meat, too many carbs for me
I drink diet rite, I have to have it, I know the court is still out on how safe it is. I am working on swiching over to Stevia.
Meat, any meat! No processed meat though
Fish, sardines( with olive oil only)
Venison
Fresh coffee
Unsweetened Almond milk. You can add your choice of sweet if u just have to have it. I drink it as is, almost always.
Kool-aid with your sweetener
Tea, black and green. I love hot green tea as is!
With the cheese eat only the kind with red wax around it! Dr. Atkins said that and I minded him
A dill pickle one or twice a week.
Green olives maybe once a week, 6 or 7 of them
If I just have to have a veggie it will be a green bean
I don't eat salads
I do eat celery maybe once a month, maybe.

I can't think of anything else. If I do I will post it.
This WOE is do-able!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But PLEASE dont cheat!
Marylouise
Old 02-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh~~ I do eat Russell sugar free candy....BUT I want to add a word of caution...It can and will put you on the throne....eat too much and you could faint from the violent way it gets you...Be careful...I NEVER eat over 2 or 3 a week......

I saw on the web a woman sent a big box to her parents for Christmas. BOTH had to go to ER. They were touch and go for a while....So be careful. It is so good you will want more. I am a chocoholic.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Marylouise

Today (Day 1)

Coffee 2 cups w/ 1/2 and 1/2
4 slices bacon
4 fried eggs (using kerrygold butter)
2 hard boiled eggs
T-bone steak
chicken thighs roasted with small amt. of Parmesan cheese/garlic powder

Starbucks coffee with s/f vaniila syrup and 1/2 and 1/2. I was feeling headachey and bone tired so I stopped and bought this after work, which I will no longer do as I stopped using splenda in my morning coffee months ago and found that the s/f syrup tasted funny and ruined the coffee.

Last edited by jeaniem; 02-09-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sorry for filling a page with my words but I remember something else.
I have seen the ones that are maintaning their weight are making dishes of food from mixin together different foods. It may work sometimes but be very careful what u mix up. I don't do that, yet!
I do put cheese in my eggs and that is mixed up. :-)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Jean you will go through what has been called the Atkins flu. I did. After a while, cant remember, I felt like the life had been sucked completly out of me. It will pass.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

S/F Vanilla Syrup

Quote:
Thanks Marylouise

Today (Day 1)

Coffee 2 cups w/ 1/2 and 1/2
4 slices bacon
4 fried eggs (using kerrygold butter)
2 hard boiled eggs
T-bone steak
chicken thighs roasted with small amt. of Parmesan cheese/garlic powder

Starbucks coffee with s/f vaniila syrup and 1/2 and 1/2. I was feeling headachey and bone tired so I stopped and bought this after work, which I will no longer do as I stopped using splenda in my morning coffee months ago and found that the s/f syrup tasted funny and ruined the coffee.

Jean~~ I love Vanilla coffee. I found some a Walmart that is very good. It is Torani Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup. I love the flavored coffee. I missed mine a lot. I found this last Saturday. It is very good!!! Also use heavy cream. No half/half....

It does have splenda in it. I too am working on getting off Splenda. I drink diet rite. I heard coke and pepsi were coming out with coke that had Stevia in it. So far I have not found it. I keep meaning to Google it and I keep forgetting

Last edited by marylouise; 02-09-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I will get hwc when I shop next time. I am kind of irked right now as I just bought lots of veggies and a big container of cottage cheese the other day. I hope they keep for a while because I want to get into deep ketosis with the meat/eggs only to get my appetite and cravings in check before I add anything back in.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah I will get hwc when I shop next time. I am kind of irked right now as I just bought lots of veggies and a big container of cottage cheese the other day. I hope they keep for a while because I want to get into deep ketosis with the meat/eggs only to get my appetite and cravings in check before I add anything back in.

Well maybe you can par boil them and freeze them for another time. I tried to add veggies back and my weight loss stopped. The only thing I have found that I can eat a small amount of is green beans and celery. I do take a multi. Vitamin. And some minerals.

I am working hard to get myself back from the ONE tablespoon of banana pudding! I really did throw them outside.

It is unfair for my DH to want me to lose weight and not be willing to at least eat his must have sugar trash away from the house. Or away from the bus. We are really living in our travel bus. It's a 1948 red Grey Hound bus. I sure hope our house in Tennessee sells fast. It's hard sometimes to handle the stress of not having any place to put things. We have all of our things packed up in another bus.

Nothing can be done except to just be patient.

The picture I have up is in the bus. I took it with my cell phone after Thanksgiving. Look close and you can see the ceiling. We tuck and rolled it. We did all the work in the bus over 20 years ago. Carpet is on the floor. Only have a under the sink cabinet and one drawer for utensils. And two cab. for food. We have a whirlpool tub and front loaders washer and dryer. Small but we are nice and warm in winter and cold in summer. In the back is a full bed. I can open one window and that's all! Over my head is one of our air conditioner. The other one is over the bed. We also have 2 small dogs. They do not go outside, pad broke. They do get sunshine and fresh air. I carry them out. One under each arm. :-) But they don't get down on the ground. My DH would go total insane if he thought a flea or whatever would get on them!

Last edited by marylouise; 02-09-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Trans and Auntie and Abigale,

Man I sure have messed my head up with a BITE of banana pudding. I am so disappointed with myself..

I'm moving forward. I am back on the road to my goal!

Today I ate:
eggs and cheese and a pork steak.
Coffee With heavy cream and S/F vanilla syrup.
I'm starting to wonder if it is the S/F vanilla syrup that has me craving instead of the pudding 4 weeks ago?

I really feel like I have gained 10 pounds. It's not possible but it sure feels like its true.

See yall tomorrow.

Night everyone.
keep low carbin
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
Start Date: January 2008
Marylouise, you sure had a good day yesterday. Hoping the cravings are starting to lessen for you.

I had a good day again yesterday and kept the carbs to the bare minimum. I am not having any cravings which is like a miracle to me. It seems that I have been fighting them since before Thanksgiving. I had more of that pot roast and there is still alot left so you will see that on my menu for afew more days. I also had two hamburgers and some pork rinds. I am feeling a little slimmer but not ready to weigh myself yet. Maybe next week sometime.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Whoa!! Thread is super busy!! Amazing, love that

Welcome jeaniem, Amgarrett616!!

I had a couple of super busy days, and I’m taking some time now before another really busy day. I’ve missed you guys!!

Maria – That’s why I love my barre workouts. They’re intense, but I’m not ravenous and starving all the time. I miss my kettlebells and all the high intensity I used to do, just for the rush of it all, but this regimen suits me way better. It’s incredible how weight influences your speed – no wonder endurance runners look like gazelles.

Auntie Em – I love mayo, and I season it with different things. It could be paprika and roasted garlic, cilantro, roasted jalapeno peppers, Thai hot sauce… you name it. I get to be creative with the flavors, and it’s pretty useful when I’m going for high fat content. Re limiting dairy – that’s my struggle. I’m trying little by little, but I love my egg creams so much! I think it’s the perfect snack or quick meal for me. I’m back on track after TOM, so let’s see how I do for the rest of the week, and moving on.

Marylouise – I avoid sugar at all costs because it does to me exactly what you’re saying. The very few times I’ve had the real stuff I lose control completely. I guess it turns on something in my brain… I just avoid it. I use Truvia or stevia and I don’t experience that effect. You’ve accomplished so much!! Don’t be too hard on yourself, take it day by day. Not too many people are capable of losing 100 pounds like you did, so give yourself credit for your accomplishment

Russel Stover chocolate – I have my share of gory stories… hahahahahaha

I’ve been eating:

2/8
• Coffee
• Egg salad (eggs/minced celery/horseradish/celery seed/pepper/Truvia/mayo)
• Egg drop soup (beef broth/whisked eggs/minced celery)

2/9
• Coffee
• 1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/strawberry banana jell-o)
• Omelet (3 eggs/American cheese/4 small slices of tomato)
• 1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/margarita flavored Crystal Light)
• Organic sliced turkey with cheese
• Organic sliced turkey with spicy mayo

Right now I’m having an OMM made with 2 tbsp of flax. I’ve been noticing that I’m not visiting the potty as often as I should, so I’m guessing I need the fiber even though I’ve been keeping my fat intake high. Let’s see if it works….

Have an egg-tastic day everybody!!!
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Ladies. It is great to read of everyone enjoying M/E so much.

TM, thanks for the mayo reports. When I was still eating store-bought mayo, I used to enjoy putting different things in it, too. Curry is nice, for example. Your egg cream creations are splendid!

Food today:
Tea w/ pastured butter, dab of beef fat, hh
B: 1 sl. beef bacon and 2 braised eggs, sour cream
Sn: decaf coffee w/ light cream
L: probably beef burger and yoghurt
S: ???

Best wishes to all for healthy, happy M/E-ing.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Everyone

Trans~~~ I was worried about you! I'm very happy to see you!

Yea sugar does strange things to the human brain. It would be a welcome "Blessing" if the ADA teamed up with the AMA and got that poison out of AMERICA'S FOOD!!

Sugar is so toxic to our bodies. That's what is still controlling my DH's life. He would never do anything to make it hard for me to stay focused. He knows how bad my B/S had gotten. That dang SUGAR is the controlling force that made him ask for another Banana pudding.

I have been thinking a lot on how to make it for him without the toxic ingredient. Maybe if I throw a thread out there someone will have already created a banana pudding with Stevia and Almond Milk. I also want to make ice cream with Almond Milk /Coconot oil and Stevia. I Googled Splenda a year ago. If anyone has not done that that is still consumming it, well go read what you are putting into your wonderful body!

Auntie it is great to see new {faces} on the thread. I hope I did not scare anyone away with my postings last night. I did not say anything that was untrue. One can not flip-flop on VLC or VVLC.

I feel that, that truth, is why I got so mad at myself. My blood lipids can't take flip-flop!!! I'm either off LC or on LC. I'm one that can't have my cake and eat it too.

I met a Cardio doctor on another thread a couple days ago.We chatted a
little bit. I already knew the answer I asked him about blood lipids. But I will not take Statins! NOPE I want do it!

So far today it is a good day. I ate bacon and fried eggs for break-fast
Abigale I'm right there with you!
I have our freezer stuff with meat. I have eggs. I have cheese. I have NO excuse to not eat correctly to get back to the lean mean fat burning machine I have been since last March!!