Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
eggs/meat/fat~~CHOLESTEROL :-)

Are You Ready to Stop Buying Into the Cholesterol Lie?

The bottom line is this: your body NEEDS cholesterol -- it is important in the production of cell membranes, hormones, vitamin D and bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol also helps your brain form memories and is vital to your neurological function. Further, there's no doubt that statin drugs can wreak havoc with your health, and there's compelling evidence that most people who currently take them simply do not need them.

If your physician is urging you to check your total cholesterol, then you should also know that this test will tell you virtually nothing about your risk of heart disease, unless it is 330 or higher. HDL percentage is a far more potent indicator for heart disease risk. Here are the two ratios you should pay attention to:

HDL/Total Cholesterol Ratio: Should ideally be above 24 percent. If below 10 percent, you have a significantly elevated risk for heart disease.
Triglyceride/HDL Ratio: Should be below 2.
The fact is that 75 percent of your cholesterol is produced by your liver, which is influenced by your insulin levels. Therefore, if you optimize your insulin level, you will automatically optimize your cholesterol! By modifying your diet and lifestyle in the following ways, you can safely optimize your cholesterol and lower your risk of heart disease at the same time:

Reduce, with the plan of eliminating, grains and sugars in your diet, replacing them with mostly whole, fresh vegetable carbs. Also try to consume a good portion of your food raw.
Make sure you are getting enough high quality, animal-based omega 3 fats, such as krill oil.
Other heart-healthy foods include olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic raw dairy products and eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds, and organic grass-fed meats.
Exercise daily.
Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol excessively.
Be sure to get plenty of good, restorative sleep.
One final point to chew on, Dr. Seneff actually believes it's difficult to get "too much" cholesterol in your diet, particularly in the standard American diet. But you may very well be getting too little, and that can cause problems.

Foods that are very high in cholesterol, like caviar, liver, and the adrenal glands of bears, were highly valued in some cultures that also had very low rates of heart disease and other modern diseases. Likewise, many foods that are today shunned because they are high in saturated fat, such as grass-fed beef, egg yolks, coconut oil and butter, and therefore "bad" for your cholesterol are actually among the healthiest fats you can eat!

I get newsletters from Dr. Mercola. I have been getting them for many years.

I like Dr. Mercola. I think he is a very bright man. While he does sell vitamins and such I don't think bad about him doing this. If I could afford to buy them from him I would. I'm sure his are much better than a department store.

I wanted to share this stand alone paragraph. The complete thought can be read on his web site.

Knowing he does have adds on his web site I did not post the link. I would never knowingly post any links that have adds on them. I love LCF too much to do that!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

I do not eat veggies. I meant to put that in the last post. I am eating VVLC for now.

Today I had 4 fried eggs, with coconut oil and sausage.
Coffee/heavy cream and CO.
A few Almonds.
Coffee/heavy cream and CO.
neck bones.
I did not drink my ACV today. I forgot to drink it.....
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Hi, Ladies.

MaryLouise, egg whites don't always sit well with me. And I prefer the yolks. Some folks have reaction to whites, some to yolk, some to both.

TM, I'm sorry about the hives. Hope you are recovering well. Being a vegetarian all those many years caused me lifelong health troubles. I know enough science now and look healthy enough now to be a good example of a carnivore.

Food prep this week: HB eggs, yoghurt made w/ hwc/hh, pile of beef burgers

Yesterday's food:

Tea w/ beef drippings, hh/hwc
Beef bacon and beef liver, Swiss cheese
Beef burger with melted cheese, yoghurt
Beef bacon and wild salmon w/ chives and white pepper
Hot water w/ hh/hwc

Today's food:
Tea w/ beef drippings//hh/hwc
Cold beef burger, yoghurt
Swiss cheese, decaf coffee w/ hh/hwc
Supper to be determined....

Best wishes to all for a very lovely day.

Best wishes for happy, healthy LCing.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 02-02-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Auntie Em, marylouise thanx for the get well wishes. Actually the hives went away in hours after taking some Allegra, but the reaction was sudden and everywhere around my tummy, arms, face and back. Haven't had one so large in a few years.

I immediately suspected of ACV since it was the only new thing in my diet. As you guys can see I eat pretty much the same things over and over again and that's why I singled out the vinegar, but I might be wrong. I have had vinegar and food containing vinegar before (pickles, dill relish - I love the stuff), but I've never had 6 to 8 tablespoons of vinegar of any kind for several days in a row. I'll try my ACV drink again, but keep it down to two servings per day. Like I said, since I loved the taste I probably had too much!

Very interesting the Mercola piece on cholesterol marylouise. I don't buy into the whole low fat thing. Saturated fat and this WOE have kept me healthy for years now. My blood work numbers are textbook perfect, and I eat my eggs, meat and fat every day.

When people start talking about high triglycerides/cholesterol right off the bat they go on and on about fats, but I always say... well, if you cut back on that granola, "healthy" whole wheat baked goods and super sweet fruit you would see a better improvement. I get the you're insane stares all the time

Love the simplicity of our menus!! Very clean meals - gotta love that

Yesterday I had:

Coffee
1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/strawberry banana jell-o)
2 handfuls of walnuts (TOM-related craving )
1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/lemon jell-o)
Grilled chicken
Bite of cod fish stew
Two chicken cracklings

Have a lovely day ladies!!!

My ancestors didnt claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

TM, thanks for your kind thoughts. I, too, love the simplicity of meat and meat fat food plans. Everything else is "decoration", for variety.

Meat, eggs, meat fat, plus personalized decorations. Easiest food plan I know of.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
TM, thanks for your kind thoughts. I, too, love the simplicity of meat and meat fat food plans. Everything else is "decoration", for variety.

Meat, eggs, meat fat, plus personalized decorations. Easiest food plan I know of.
Exactly!!! For me there's nothing like a nicely grilled piece of steak all alone in my plate - perfection!!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

TM, Mmmmmmmmmm! That is definitely a very favorite meal.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

marylouise! I just noticed that I forgot to answer your question about egg creams. Sorry about that

I just put two or three organic eggs (can be the whole egg or just the yolk, it's a matter of preference) and a good splash of heavy whipping cream. I use my stick blender to mix until frothy, and then add about 1/4 to a half of packet of sugar-free jell-o dissolved in a small amount of hot water. You can add ice and some guar or xanthan (sp?) to thicken a bit.

You can also use almond or coconut milk. I really like egg creams because it's a pretty convenient snack or quick breakfast. I stay full for several hours. My favorite option is using strawberry banana jell-o. I just love that one!!

There's an old thread with lots of recipes for egg creams. I'm going back to my subscribed threads to see if I can fetch it for you

I've been "taming" my TOM cravings with small servings of walnuts and that's been doing the trick for me. Any other nut I can't control portions, but walnuts keep me satisfied with small amounts, so that's what I'm having.

Yesterday I ate:

Coffee
Lobster dip with pork rinds
Tuna salad (1 can tuna/mayo/splash of ACV/1 handful bagged coleslaw/Truvia)
1 handful of walnuts
1 x (2 TBSP ACV + 8 oz water)

I tried again with less ACV to see if I'm OK with a smaller amount. I sure hope so, because I love my water with ACV
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

TM, lobster! How fancy. I'm glad you've worked out the ACV intake.

Today's food for me:

B: Cheese burger with chives
L: probably another burger, and freshly made yoghurt
S: perhaps eggs, and yoghurt
Evening: hot water w/ hh/hwc
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Ooooh that dip is really tasty Auntie Em! We have this market in town where they make these amazing takeout. When I'm eating more veggies I get the baba ghanoush - it's sooooo yummy!! I always mingle with the cooks, so I always get to ask about the ingredients. They're proud to tell you that there's no sugar, flour or any other "dirty" items, as they say

I did my lower body workout yesterday and my oh my! I love it. Leah mixed together her best moves in a sequence that flows in an amazing way. That's the workout I'm mastering faster - the upper body DVD is totally another story!

Yesterday I had:

• Coffee
• 1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/strawberry banana jell-o)
• Lobster dip with pork rinds
• Tuna salad (2 cans of tuna/mayo/splash of ACV/ handful bagged coleslaw/Truvia)
• 2 x (2 TBSP ACV + 8 oz water)
• Coconut bark

And yep, no hives! I guess 5 glasses of ACV drink probably were too much, but I did good with two.

Way to go with the Callanetics Auntie!!!

Have a lovely weekend ladies!!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

TM, I'm glad you are doing so well! Hooray for the hives-free ACV plan.

Do you find the the ACV increases ketosis? Do you notice any other benefits?

Today's food:

B: Beef burger w/ chives and Swiss cheese
More tea.
L: Beef burger and yoghurt (am working on leaving out the cheese)
S: Perhaps wild salmon and eggs w/ chives and black pepper. Could be HB eggs, though.

TM, do you take supplements?

Hope your Saturday is going splendidly.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maria40nc
Stats: 135/127/116
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: August 12, 2008
Hello everyone! I'd like to come hang out with ya'll a bit. I lost my weight back in 2008, but have since become complacent and have developed binge eating issues.

The ONLY thing I know works for sure to get (and keep) me balanced is a meat and egg fast. It's like hitting a "reset" button.

I've had mostly meat and eggs the past few days and am already starting to feel better.

coffee w/ organic half & half and liquid stevia
5 strips of bacon w/ 2 fried eggs
chicken broth with bits of chicken, chili peppers, thickened w/ 2 eggs
hibiscus tea

Will likely have a steak later that I'll toss in the iron skillet with the leftover bacon fat.

I was looking over the thread and saw the ACV tonic. I had forgotten all about ACV until a few days ago, so I bought some. I need to start adding it to my water again.

I JUST want to feel balanced again so that I'm not having cravings and binge issues. This has to work. I've been so frustrated with myself and out of control.
maria40nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Are You Ready to Stop Buying Into the Cholesterol Lie?[/FONT]
Marylouise - Thank you so much for caring enough to share this information with others.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Maria, how nice to have you post here. I, too, find M/E with a few "decorations" puts things right for me. That old complacency sneaks into my choices, too. I like having this support thread. I wish you victory!

I hope your Sunday is starting very nicely.

Today for me:
Tea w/ beef drippings, hwc, and a bit of hh
Beef burger and yoghurt
Wild salmon and eggs w/ chives and white pepper
HB eggs and yoghurt
Hot water w/ hwc/hh

It feels good to limit the cheese.

My clothes were getting tight and they are starting to feel more comfortable.

ETA: Ran across this post on How To Increase Your Fat Burning Capacity at Jamie Scott's blog. A little inspiration....

Last edited by Auntie Em; 02-05-2012 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: added link
Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
marylouise! I just noticed that I forgot to answer your question about egg creams. Sorry about that

I just put two or three organic eggs (can be the whole egg or just the yolk, it's a matter of preference) and a good splash of heavy whipping cream. I use my stick blender to mix until frothy, and then add about 1/4 to a half of packet of sugar-free jell-o dissolved in a small amount of hot water. You can add ice and some guar or xanthan (sp?) to thicken a bit.

You can also use almond or coconut milk. I really like egg creams because it's a pretty convenient snack or quick breakfast. I stay full for several hours. My favorite option is using strawberry banana jell-o. I just love that one!!

There's an old thread with lots of recipes for egg creams. I'm going back to my subscribed threads to see if I can fetch it for you

I've been "taming" my TOM cravings with small servings of walnuts and that's been doing the trick for me. Any other nut I can't control portions, but walnuts keep me satisfied with small amounts, so that's what I'm having.

Yesterday I ate:

Coffee
Lobster dip with pork rinds
Tuna salad (1 can tuna/mayo/splash of ACV/1 handful bagged coleslaw/Truvia)
1 handful of walnuts
1 x (2 TBSP ACV + 8 oz water)

I tried again with less ACV to see if I'm OK with a smaller amount. I sure hope so, because I love my water with ACV

Hi ya'll
I hope trying the ACV in a small amount worked okay for you Transmx

I will try the egg cream. I don't think I will put the white in it though. My papaw drank a raw egg every morning. He lived a very long life. He also put honey in his.

If you find other ways to drink it, I would be ever so grateful. I'm working very hard to reshape my body from the inside out.

I drink heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk. For me I think the almond milk would be something I could try. Sounds good. The sugar free french vanilla syrup I found sitting all alone in the store would set it off! Oh I just had a thought. I wonder if I whipped some heavy cream would it put a smile on my face as I sipped on it. Sounds good to me!

Today I ate a New York Strip grilled outside. Everyone else ate a potato that was half as big as their plate, and a side salad. I ate one small piece of Romaine. I'm home now and drinking a cup of coffee with heavy cream and my S/F vanilla syrup. I love coffee morning and night. I have been drinking it black, but this is very good!

Today was a very good day!! My husband and 2 grown sons play guitar. Music is important in our lives. We have 6 grand kids and they all can play or they are learning guitar and wind instruments.

TOM. Whew I'm glad that is behind me!

I am in a little dilemma.

I am at a place that is kind of hard for me to deal with. I want color. I want color on my plate. I have been thinking about this since before Christmas. The only way I can add color to my world is to cut way back on meat. I love eating this way. I'm just so hungry for a serving of green, yellow and red. There is going to be some that will say, eat a bowl. Well it isn't that simple. One bowl then another bowl and then boom! I wake up from my dream of thiness to the land of lard. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. It's just the way I feel about myself at 300+pounds!

I have been to the JUDDD thread. There are some that do LC and VLC.

The truth is, I am scared. I do not like admitting this. But, it's the truth. So many times I have gotten to exactly where I am at today. So many times I have failed.........

Stats:
Female
5'2"
61 come April
Smoker since 12
Elevated blood sugar, pressure and lipids.
I have yoyo'ed since I was 12
I am within 20 pounds of my goal weight. If I can get below 150 it would be almost impossible to stay there. If I get below 150 how do I stay there.

I am a night owl. My dad's user name was Nightowl, on the C.B. radio. I would sit up till the wee hours and watch him build black boxes. He could get all the way to California. That was a huge feat in the 60s. I don't know why I am rambling. I'm sorry.

Transmx
Auntie Em

Yall have such great control of what goes in and I'm so weak........
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria40nc View Post
Marylouise - Thank you so much for caring enough to share this information with others.
Maria! I think I have seen you on some other threads. It's great having you post here. If we haven't met, its great to met you.

I do think Dr. Mercola is very educated. Everything he talks about, I agree with. He tried to help us, help our mama. She died from chemo exposure. I know it helps some. It took less than a year for the chemo to get her. But, in the end it did.
I started juicing for her and stuffing envelope's for him for a special brew. It was too late.

I love LCF. Everyone here is very nice and caring. It's the best place to be with so many folks to help with support and information.

Wow it after one am. I must get to bed. I will see ya'll in the sunlight.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria40nc View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to come hang out with ya'll a bit. I lost my weight back in 2008, but have since become complacent and have developed binge eating issues.

The ONLY thing I know works for sure to get (and keep) me balanced is a meat and egg fast. It's like hitting a "reset" button.

I've had mostly meat and eggs the past few days and am already starting to feel better.

coffee w/ organic half & half and liquid stevia
5 strips of bacon w/ 2 fried eggs
chicken broth with bits of chicken, chili peppers, thickened w/ 2 eggs
hibiscus tea

Will likely have a steak later that I'll toss in the iron skillet with the leftover bacon fat.

I was looking over the thread and saw the ACV tonic. I had forgotten all about ACV until a few days ago, so I bought some. I need to start adding it to my water again.

I JUST want to feel balanced again so that I'm not having cravings and binge issues. This has to work. I've been so frustrated with myself and out of control.

Maria it is wonderful to met you.
I just reread your post! My GoodNess!!!! I am amazed at your acommplishments! I am at a loss for words. My GoodNess
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I don't have alot of extra time to post and belong to another thread but just this morning I told them that I lost my weight the first time eating almost 0 carb and I am having alot of trouble right now and am starting to gain. I am going to try to get back to mainly meat, eggs, tuna, chicken, a little cheese and mayo. Marylouise, it is the colored food that was getting me into trouble. Too many carbs and and causing me to have a huge appetite and cravings. I would beg you to stay eating like you are at least until you get to your goal weight. You will have more incentive to keep it stable then even if you add back some color.
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
I don't have alot of extra time to post and belong to another thread but just this morning I told them that I lost my weight the first time eating almost 0 carb and I am having alot of trouble right now and am starting to gain. I am going to try to get back to mainly meat, eggs, tuna, chicken, a little cheese and mayo. Marylouise, it is the colored food that was getting me into trouble. Too many carbs and and causing me to have a huge appetite and cravings. I would beg you to stay eating like you are at least until you get to your goal weight. You will have more incentive to keep it stable then even if you add back some color.

Abigale! You are right. I'm sitting here pondering my thoughts back and forth. Your words got to me. I'm SCARED TO DEATH ABIGALE. Oh my gosh oh crap. I know in my heart you are right. I am crying. I am scared. I am terrified Abigale
Old 02-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel myself slipping away.............................................. ....
what to do....what to do....what to do
I have white days and I have black days. Today is a black day.
Yea today ant gona be a good day.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Maria!! Great to see you around here. I too find that going VLC helps me a great deal. The cravings go away and my energy level increases. Im looking forward for TOM to go way away so I can see if Ive made more progress.

Auntie Awesome blog post! Thanx for sharing. Its amazing to see all these bloggers that put out there all this information that would otherwise be impossible or quite hard for all of us to obtain. The magic of Internet! Gotta love that

That steak sounds amazing marylouise! I love grilling steaks or hamburgers outside, its so much fun. Im a night owl as well!!! I feel more awake and alert when the sun goes down. Id say it would be interesting if you take this WOE as a reset. Youll find yourself feeling fewer cravings, and food becomes fuel it gets less and less important what its on your plate, and it turns into why is it there. Its important because it nurtures you. The first time I went VLC I suddenly noticed that I had to schedule my meals and have them, because the urge to eat was just gone. The beauty of this also is that prep time is close to nada! Were here to cheer you up, sorry to hear youre not having the best day. It happens

Abigale Thanx for stopping by! Im feeling great now that Im back to VLC. Im feeling awesome, and I can feel its working. Welcome, and good luck!

I didnt log my food during the weekend, but I stayed on plan. I still feel bloated, and I hate that feeling. Whenever my wedding ring feels tight I know fluid retention is getting me. I did over an hour of Ballet Body for my lower body for the first time ever!! Ive done long-ish full-body workouts before, but its the first time I do a split workout that long, so Im happy. Water retention and all I pushed through and Im feeling super accomplished. Leahs stuff is BRUTAL

Have an amazing day, everybody!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the support. I needed a good kick restart! smoked hog jowl with fried eggs...was very satisfying and great taste!

I'm frying chicken thighs with the wonderful grease!!!!!!! :-)
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

OMG you got me drooling!! I love chicken wings and thighs
Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good VLC day yesterday. Had pot roast, ham, and a bite of cream cheese and liverwurst as a snack. I have decided to not weigh until I feel like I have lost some weight. I am a compulsive weigher and am always afraid my weight will get out of hand if I don't weigh every day. I know when I eat ham I always retain water and the scale goes up. I decided yesterday that as long as I am eating almost 0 carbs I won't gain fat and will eventually lose. So am not going to aggravate myself by looking at the scale for awhile.

Marylouise, you had asked me about my profile picture. That was our back yard in Oct. after an early freak storm. We actually had twice the snow you see in the picture by the time the storm was over - 18inches. Fortunately maybe global warming? we have had only 2 or 3 inches at a time since then. This is extremely unusual for New Hampshire. But every day I get up to drive over to Vermont to take care of my Mom I say "thank you Lord" for dry roads and not having to shovel her drive and walk!

Have a good Tuesday all!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, ladies!

It's nice to have more company in this thread. Abigale, I have times when I find eating cleanly and taking care of myself, without weighing, helps me. I like making choices without putting pressure on myself due to my reactions to a number.

Yesterday's food:

Tea w/ beef dripping hh/hwc
B: Beef burger and yoghurt
L: Beef bacon and braised eggs, custard from from hh and saccharine
S: Swiss cheese, hot water w/ hwc/hh

Best wishes to all.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 02-07-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 02-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everybody!!

Re - the scale. It's hard to talk myself into the truth: the darn thing gives you an incomplete picture. Water retention isn't equal to more "actual" volume -fat- in the body. I tend to retain water like crazy sometimes, and it's disheartening to see a larger number in the dial on any given day. I'm trying to stay away from it and making better food choices day by day.

Yesterday I had:

• Coffee
• 1 egg cream (3 eggs/hwc/strawberry banana jell-o)
• Egg salad (eggs/minced celery/ACV/celery seed/pepper/mayo)
Pork rinds
Chocolate coconut bark

My plan now is to avoid pork rinds. Too much salt. I've been craving the crunch though. Will work on that

Last edited by translationmx; 02-07-2012 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning ya'll

Abigale Your back yard is beauitful! Be careful driving on them roads.
Best Wishes to your mama.

I was a caregiver for my DH mama and my mama too. They are both gone and I miss both so much. While I was helping them I got so fustrated because it was up to me to always be the one. I don't harber any bad thoughts for my siblings. But, it was very hard. My DH's mama had polio when she was a baby and in her later years could not walk. We lost her in 1999, two days before Christmas. My mama had lung cancer and we lost her in 2004. Oh that was a horrible year for me.
I'm sorry, I have a bad habit of rambling.

Today I ate some more pork jowl and fried eggs. I think that and all the Co and heavy cream I have downed made me sick to my stomach. The pork jowl is 99% fat!

I bought 2 slabs of bacon. When I got ready to cook it yesterday I saw the word that I did not see in the store, SUGAR CURED!!

I got the pork jowl to put in a pot of white beans my DH wanted. Oh gosh I'm getting a little more

I ant doing that again
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post

Maria it is wonderful to met you.
I just reread your post! My GoodNess!!!! I am amazed at your accomplishments! I am at a loss for words. My GoodNess
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Welcome Maria!! Great to see you around here. I too find that going VLC helps me a great deal. The cravings go away and my energy level increases. I
Thank you Marylouise and translationmx!

I decided to try intermittent fasting (Fast-5) along with my meat and eggs. I did really well yesterday and my keto strip is starting to show trace. I am praying that ketosis will tame my ferocious appetite and binge eating issues. I am just SO over it.

Reflecting back on yesterday, I only ate 3 eggs which is VERY unusual for me; usually have at least 6 or more. This menu is extremely low. I could EASILY have eaten twice this much on a normal day, but the Fast-5 prevented that from happening.

Coffee w/ organic half & half & stevia
2 eggs w/ 1/3 lb grass-fed beef, bacon fat
2 strips turkey bacon (planned on 6, but forgot them in my office frige!)
Chicken broth w/ 5 oz flounder and an egg, lemon juice
1 T chia seeds (not planned)

Lots water w/ organic raw ACV, liquid stevia, and hibiscus tea extract. Seems to curb appetite.

Herbal tea

I ran 3.6 miles yesterday and 8.2 today. Not sure how my energy level might be affected, but we shall soon see.

Praying, praying, praying that this works. I'm so tired of feeling out of control.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Maria, I have tried Fast Five before and think it works well. I didn't have much luck because I could never give up my coffee with cream during the fasting time. It is wonderful you can get out there and run so many miles! I hate that out of control feeling and am hoping going back to my almost 0 carb will get me back in control too.

Marylouise, my mom had polio as a baby too and has not been able to walk for several years now. It is strange the things we have in common. If you say you are from Alabama I will really freak out. lol

Had a good day yesterday eating pot roast, hard boiled eggs and pork rinds. I am still not weighing so not worried about water retention from the salt. When I am ready to weigh next ( when I start to feel slimmer) I will hold off on the salt the day before or so.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Maria, I have tried Fast Five before and think it works well. I didn't have much luck because I could never give up my coffee with cream during the fasting time. It is wonderful you can get out there and run so many miles! I hate that out of control feeling and am hoping going back to my almost 0 carb will get me back in control too.
I can't give up coffee w/ cream either; not sure how much it will effect progress but.... I dunno, I might could give up the cream for a couple of days to see, but will never give up coffee. I'm measuring my cream at one tablespoon per cup. I used to use more.

My weight is actually up a pinch today, which is shocking since my calories and carbs have been extremely low.