Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrowe1 View Post
sorry for a double-ish post.. the first one disappeared and I didn't think it went through..

Hi JC~ Double post is something that has happened to me a lot. I edit a double now and get rid of as much as I can. It is hard to rewrite a post.

Yea you know sugar will stop the burning process. Knowing it puts you on top of your game. It will be alright. Please don't let it discourage you. Just shake off and start again on your road to the happy place!

It's great you are in medicine. We need good people in that field. There will always be a need, for you. Plus you will feel so much better when you are in control of your body instead of your body controlling you!
ml
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 141/137/127
Start Date: Sept.2014
I hate to make it all about weight, but, there it is. My weight is still the same. I'd like to think I was reshaping as Mary Lousie is, but I'm not. I am hoping I'm one of those who lose every so often...

I've been eating moderate protein, heavy fat. Yesterday I ate more moderate fat. Today I'm going back to heavier fat. I need a plan! I would post my food, but it's pretty boring--ground chuck, coconut oil, coffee. Yesterday I had tuna.

I want some snow, too, Tarrah. I know it's going to be a buggy Spring since it seems we never had a winter. But it's not over till it's over! Maybe one big snowstorm more?

JCrowe--Weigh! I bet you'll be fine. ****** shows that 12 oz of espresso has just 7 carbs and that 4oz (2 shots) is 0 carbs. What are you using for gram count? I need the coffee to function and it's never hurt me in weight loss. Dr. Atkins didn't recommend it in his first book because he said it causes an insulin or blood sugar reaction for some people. However, I think he says it's okay in later editions. I don't think I could or would live without it!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
I hate to make it all about weight, but, there it is. My weight is still the same. I'd like to think I was reshaping as Mary Lousie is, but I'm not. I am hoping I'm one of those who lose every so often...

I've been eating moderate protein, heavy fat. Yesterday I ate more moderate fat. Today I'm going back to heavier fat. I need a plan! I would post my food, but it's pretty boring--ground chuck, coconut oil, coffee. Yesterday I had tuna.

I want some snow, too, Tarrah. I know it's going to be a buggy Spring since it seems we never had a winter. But it's not over till it's over! Maybe one big snowstorm more?

JCrowe--Weigh! I bet you'll be fine. ****** shows that 12 oz of espresso has just 7 carbs and that 4oz (2 shots) is 0 carbs. What are you using for gram count? I need the coffee to function and it's never hurt me in weight loss. Dr. Atkins didn't recommend it in his first book because he said it causes an insulin or blood sugar reaction for some people. However, I think he says it's okay in later editions. I don't think I could or would live without it!
Hi Constance~ I am sorry you are having trouble getting your weight to move again. But didn't you lose last week? We all did. JC is sounding down too. Yall it is completely normal to lose one week and not lose for 2 or 3 weeks later again. Plus we don't have that much to lose. That means we just have to be patience {spell check}. In the begining when I had 100 plus to lose it melted away. I know it needs to slow down. I am doing the best I can to tell myself my body will lose again on it's own time table. I am so sorry you and JC are dishearten. I really mean that. I'm not being a silly goose. I am sincere.

You are wrong to think we are not interested in hearing what you eat. It does not bore me.

Has anyone ever fried cheese? It is very good! After it gets a golden brown flip it over and put a tiny bit of pizza sauce on it, say a teas. It would really depend on how big your cheese is. A teas. goes a long way for us. Then put Oregano on it. Top it with any kind of meat you want to. I put Mozzarella on top of the meat to hold it together and put it under a broiler to melt it. It will satisfy your palet {SC}. It has works many times for me. Be careful not to get cheese too brown because it will be too hard to eat! We have all heard sugar and spice makes everything nice. Well cheese and spice makes everything NICE too!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

Constance it is all about weight. I really like ya'll. Each one of ya'll are very nice and thoughtful. I am lucky to have found such fine women to share my weight loss journey with. I know if I spin out of control, you guys will be here to tell me, it's gona be alright.
:-)
ml
Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #425
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I forgot the coffee. I wanted to talk about it for a min.

I think he said that because he didn't want anyone to have a low blood sugar. Coffee does lower it and he didn't want anyone to faint.

Anyway that is what I think. And me and coffee MUST stay together too! :-)
Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Hugs to you guys struggling! It's SO HARD to keep on going without seeing movement on the scale! I KNOW. In the first 50 days on the plan (since December 27, 2011) I lost a whole 4-5lbs depending on the day I weighed. It just kept going up and down and it was driving me insane. But, I've done this before and I trust the process. I felt good, I was in control, and for me- that's winning.

And then all of a sudden- the scale moved! I lost 4lbs last week! I'm down to 196 now and that feels AWESOME. But, had I not gotten over the hump of no real loss for 50+ days, I wouldn't have seen the loss last week. I just have to remember I didn't get this way overnight. I'm not going to lose it over night either.

I got re-measured by my trainer (I do weight training 1x a week at a gym). I have lost almost 7 inches from my body since the beginning of January. So, even if the scale wasn't moving- my body was working.

Hang in there. Keep your head high and remember that 75% of this battle is control of your own behavier. It's a pattern breaker. It's a mind changer.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HI Ladies,
How is everyone? I've been MIA for a couple days, studying for midterms (nursing student). Anyways, I'm having mixed feelings right now. Part of me is excited, i've lost afew lbs, and a few inches- measured last night but i'm scared to weigh this week. After 10 days of induction I had a few whisky and diet gingerales a couple times this past weekend...... stayed under 20g of carbs a day but had the drinks. Also, ive been studying a lot and need me some caffeine and i think the sugar free drinks are stalling me too...I haven't weighed but I just dont feel smaller... ALSO its my TOM.. so blah... grrr.... raaahr.
Just feeling kind of like i'm going in circles... why does my body have to be sooo difficult sometimes. OH! I also just found out that 2 shots of espresso has 2g/carbs... should I even finish my drink?!?! I know that when I dont use any artificial sweeteners I drop quickly.... Its just hard for me to focus without some added zing.
You guys snowed in up there in Denver? My DH works near Park Meadows and didn't make it far trying to get to work this morning- we all just stayed home!

Don't beat yourself up. A drink with whisky and diet gingerale is not a bad choice. A full on margarita is a BAD CHOICE .

And coffee? I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I use it a lot for my snack and sometimes a meal (with HWC). I drink venti americanos with heavy whipping cream often. I think actually, the more I drink the more I lose- but that's speculation on my part (or wishful thinking).

Artificial sweeteners? Yeah, there probably is something to be said for that. I still drink Dt. Dr pepper- but less than I use to. I TRY very hard to use liquid sweetner (like Torono or Davinchi) instead of the power stuff (power stuff has carbs in it).

And no one should weigh around TOM. So, just wait

Stick with it. Stick with us. Together we will get through it!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post

You are wrong to think we are not interested in hearing what you eat. It does not bore me.

Has anyone ever fried cheese? It is very good! After it gets a golden brown flip it over and put a tiny bit of pizza sauce on it, say a teas. It would really depend on how big your cheese is. A teas. goes a long way for us. Then put Oregano on it. Top it with any kind of meat you want to. I put Mozzarella on top of the meat to hold it together and put it under a broiler to melt it. It will satisfy your palet {SC}. It has works many times for me. Be careful not to get cheese too brown because it will be too hard to eat! We have all heard sugar and spice makes everything nice. Well cheese and spice makes everything NICE too!
I second that- I AWAYS like to read what other people are eating! It gives me great ideas- even if you think it's boring!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE- really LOVE fried cheese! I hadn't done the pizza thing (I have a hard time finding a LC pizza sauce ).

I did see a recipie for a fried cheese taco. It was flank steak, grilled and sliced like fajita meat. Then, on the griddle, a pile of cheese melted and cooked till a solid mass of yummyness on one side. She put the meat in the middle of the cheese and folded it over like a quesadilla. I have been meaning to try it, but sounds good!!!!!!

I'm making an Asian yellow tail tuna tonight. I found an all natural asian sauce at Whole Foods with no sugar in it (1 carb per 2 tbs). I"m marinating the tuna in that and then searing it. Hope it turns out well.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JCrowe1
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
You guys snowed in up there in Denver? My DH works near Park Meadows and didn't make it far trying to get to work this morning- we all just stayed home!

Don't beat yourself up. A drink with whisky and diet gingerale is not a bad choice. A full on margarita is a BAD CHOICE .

And coffee? I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I use it a lot for my snack and sometimes a meal (with HWC). I drink venti americanos with heavy whipping cream often. I think actually, the more I drink the more I lose- but that's speculation on my part (or wishful thinking).

Artificial sweeteners? Yeah, there probably is something to be said for that. I still drink Dt. Dr pepper- but less than I use to. I TRY very hard to use liquid sweetner (like Torono or Davinchi) instead of the power stuff (power stuff has carbs in it).

And no one should weigh around TOM. So, just wait

Stick with it. Stick with us. Together we will get through it!
Hey! I live up in Thornton and we barely got an inch or two. THough I go to school down in littleton and there was like 8 inches. so.. it was a strange snow storm today. Nice that you guys got a snow day!! fun family time!
Thanks for the encouragement. I am hanging in there, just seems so strange that the littlest things can make such a big impact with this lifestyle.
cheers ya'll!
JCrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Thank you Tarrah and MaryLouise. My dad is extremely paranoid, always has been and my mom can sleep 23 hours a day. Even when we were kids, she was always asleep. So I'm kind of the adult sometimes here. It makes me a little nuts. I survived, ate a lot when I was drunk, but it was just 3 chicken thighs and 1/2 can of macadamias. I had sugar free crystal light with my Vodka. So although I over did a bit, I stayed LC. Havent's lost a fricking thing this week which is making me nuts.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #431
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
HI all, lurker here. What are egg creams? and some of your abbreviations. are you very low carb or vegetarian low carbs? loved reading your posts. thinking of trying egg/meat fast come Monday. Will be lurking. thanks for any and all info.

Last edited by vessel of prayer; 02-23-2012 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: I was not done typing, the page just went on its own. lol
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I second that- I AWAYS like to read what other people are eating! It gives me great ideas- even if you think it's boring!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE- really LOVE fried cheese! I hadn't done the pizza thing (I have a hard time finding a LC pizza sauce ).

I did see a recipie for a fried cheese taco. It was flank steak, grilled and sliced like fajita meat. Then, on the griddle, a pile of cheese melted and cooked till a solid mass of yummyness on one side. She put the meat in the middle of the cheese and folded it over like a quesadilla. I have been meaning to try it, but sounds good!!!!!!

I'm making an Asian yellow tail tuna tonight. I found an all natural asian sauce at Whole Foods with no sugar in it (1 carb per 2 tbs). I"m marinating the tuna in that and then searing it. Hope it turns out well.

That tuna sounds good! So does the quesadilla!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #433

Quote:
I will be making fried cheese tomorrow!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel of prayer View Post
I will be making fried cheese tomorrow!!

Hi vessel of prayer~ it is great to see you here!!!

Fried cheese is soooooo good!

We not veggie...we are low to very low carb.

I have been working on my signature picture. Cheri is helping me. She is so sweet! She put my picture together and made one of them look better. Well I don't look good in either, but the pix looks good.

We are so happy to see you!

You are gona have fun losing here. Well we have our moments when we get down and wonder if our weight loss will ever start again. But we keep on the road to our goal!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheila~ I am sorry I just now saw your name.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

CHERI THANK YOU!!!!!!!

THANK YOU CHERI!!!
I TELL YALL SOMETHING IF THOSE'S TWO PICTURES AT ENOUGH TO KEEP ME ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY I DON'T HAVE A CHANCE!!!!!!

yall refresh if you want to see what I see!!!!!

oh I hope I can keep that pix up there!

Last edited by marylouise; 02-23-2012 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: I need Kleenex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #437

Thanks Marylouise. What are egg creams. Recipe?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #438
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I read your PM....

A egg cream is raw egg. I really can't remember what all some put in it. If I had my own chickens I would try it. I'm gona get some, but I really don't know if I can chug a raw egg.

I am so happy you are here. We have fun on thins thread. We do have our moment's but you are gona fall in love with everyone on this thread! I did
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheila we both weigh the same, almost. ONE pound difference!

I am having a little trouble looking at those pictures sitting together. I wonder why I never thought I was THAT big???

OH ME.....................

I feel like I am gona have a panic attack..........

Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST..... look at post #13 for the recipes. Kind of like home made protein shakes.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

FOR THE LAST TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Thank you Tarrah and MaryLouise. My dad is extremely paranoid, always has been and my mom can sleep 23 hours a day. Even when we were kids, she was always asleep. So I'm kind of the adult sometimes here. It makes me a little nuts. I survived, ate a lot when I was drunk, but it was just 3 chicken thighs and 1/2 can of macadamias. I had sugar free crystal light with my Vodka. So although I over did a bit, I stayed LC. Havent's lost a fricking thing this week which is making me nuts.

Macadamia nuts will for sure stop weight loss. Were the chicken thighs breaded? I fry them with CO. Best chicken in the world. I ate KFC once since I started my WOE. I had to use insulin to lower my blood sugar. B/S is a great tool I have in my arsenal to fight this fat sugar! carb! monster in my head!

And calling it what it is , is something I must do to survive. I can not do this again! I can't do this again! I will not do this again! IF I do this again, I will die!!

I made my DH 2 Lemon Ice Box's pies this afternoon. I did not touch the poison. It did not come near my FACE
And it never will. I don't want to die
ml
Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Macadamia nuts will for sure stop weight loss. Were the chicken thighs breaded? I fry them with CO. Best chicken in the world. I ate KFC once since I started my WOE. I had to use insulin to lower my blood sugar. B/S is a great tool I have in my arsenal to fight this fat sugar! carb! monster in my head!

And calling it what it is , is something I must do to survive. I can not do this again! I can't do this again! I will not do this again! IF I do this again, I will die!!

I made my DH 2 Lemon Ice Box's pies this afternoon. I did not touch the poison. It did not come near my FACE
And it never will. I don't want to die
ml

I feel another mini book trying to come out of me. Sometimes I ....Sometimes I have to stop myself from using my fingers. My fingers move on their own.

Why do I do it to myself? Why have i done this to me for so long? Why did I start using food for a bandage? Yea I have to find the answer to that Q
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

I need rest. I worked hard for the past 2 days on my son and DIL's spring cleaning. Maybe a little too hard. My legs are in bad shape. My muscles are so sore I have trouble going to the ladies room. I have been in our bus since Oct. the 16 last year. Oh I go to town and I go to sons house in town. I go to Walmart. I go to son's house here. He kind of hates I stay in the bus too much. No I don't stay in here too much for me. I know me at least in that way of thinking. I may not know why I get to 100 lose and get to 100 and lose it one more time. I do know this is the last time for me.

I really am not nuts. I know it sounds like it with my words but I ant.

Cheri fixed the pictures for me. I feel like I am having an out of body experience.

I know excetly {SC} what I was doing when both pictures were taken.
The one on my left was taken by my sister when we were still in Tennessee. It is the 24 of December in 2011. Two months before I started eating low carb, I think.

The one on the right is from December 24 of 2003, I think. Mama is living with me and my DH. in that picture.

Oh I asked Cheri if she would look at my gallery pix to see why they can't be see by members. She said they are in there. So if anyone looks for them and can not see them, please tell me. Thanks.

Bed time.
I wish everyone low carb dreams
ml

I am sorry I post so many post. Just skip past me okdokie.

Today:
coffee/HWC/CO/sugar free vanilla syrup
scrambled eggs/ cheese
bacon/still wiggling

That is not enough food to make my body be a mean lean fat burning machine. But I am not hungry. I try to eat more. I really do. I just don't want it. When I want it I eat it.

Once on the Atkins Forum I met a man that had lost over 100 pounds. He looked at what I had been eating and he told me I was not eating enough. Atkins did say that when he first started doing low carb he ate. And he ate a LOT. He was going back and forth from the hospital to his house eating all he wanted. HE said his fat melted away like mine did when I had 100 to lose. I had to lose 400 sticks of butter. OH ME.........

My DH is going to go to the place where we were living before we came home. I am staying here. I'm too tired to make the trip. It is a 400 mile round trip. I will be alone with 2 LEMON ICE BOX PIES. He did eat some of one. It would be easy to do a test taste on the cut one. I did not know he wanted to go there tomorrow. He all of a sudden wanted to go pay the taxes on the house. Our grand son's birthday was last Sunday, HE turned 20. We are going to sons house town. He had to work last Sunday so we are getting together tomorrow. If I want to be able to go to town tomorrow night I must get some rest. Plus I can't leave the dogs alone for that long of a time. SO I will be here alone for a long time tomorrow. Pray for me.
ml

Last edited by marylouise; 02-23-2012 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: added words that were missing from post........
Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JCrowe1
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/9/12
Happy Friday!

Hey all!
ML- wow, what an amazing accomplishment, thanks for posting your pictures!

I have a day full of studying, a weekend full of studying microbiology and anatomy and physiology.. woohoo
Goal==== NO DRINKS this weekend!!

In other news, i'm down 1.5!!! I took your advice and weighed even though its my TOM and I drank a lot last weekend. I'm happy with that, i'll take it. Almost 5lbs, woohoo!
JCrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey all!
ML- wow, what an amazing accomplishment, thanks for posting your pictures!

I have a day full of studying, a weekend full of studying microbiology and anatomy and physiology.. woohoo
Goal==== NO DRINKS this weekend!!

In other news, i'm down 1.5!!! I took your advice and weighed even though its my TOM and I drank a lot last weekend. I'm happy with that, i'll take it. Almost 5lbs, woohoo!
See there! Great job. I bet it's more after TOM!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I need rest. I worked hard for the past 2 days on my son and DIL's spring cleaning. Maybe a little too hard. My legs are in bad shape. My muscles are so sore I have trouble going to the ladies room. I have been in our bus since Oct. the 16 last year. Oh I go to town and I go to sons house in town. I go to Walmart. I go to son's house here. He kind of hates I stay in the bus too much. No I don't stay in here too much for me. I know me at least in that way of thinking. I may not know why I get to 100 lose and get to 100 and lose it one more time. I do know this is the last time for me.

I really am not nuts. I know it sounds like it with my words but I ant.

Cheril fixed the pictures for me. I feel like I am having an out of body experience.

I know excetly {SC} what I was doing when both pictures were taken.
The one on my left was taken by my sister when we were still in Tennessee. It is the 24 of December in 2011. Two months before I started eating low carb, I think.

The one on the right is from December 24 of 2003, I think. Mama is living with me and my DH. in that picture.

Oh I asked Cheril if she would look at my gallery pix to see why they can't be see by members. She said they are in there. So if anyone looks for them and can not see them, please tell me. Thanks.

Bed time.
I wish everyone low carb dreams
ml

I am sorry I post so many post. Just skip past me okdokie.

Today:
scrambled eggs/ cheese
bacon/still wiggling

That is not enough food to make my body be a mean lean fat burning machine. But I am not hungry. I try to eat more. I really do. I just don't want it. When I want it I eat it.

Once on the Atkins Forum I met a man that had lost over 100 pounds. He looked at what I had been eating and he told me I was not eating enough. Atkins did say that when he first started doing low carb he ate. And he ate a LOT. He was going back and forth from the hospital to his house eating all he wanted. HE said his fat melted away like mine did when I had 100 to lose. I had to lose 400 sticks of butter. OH ME.........

My DH is going to go to the place where we were living before we came home. I am staying here. I'm too tired to make the trip. It is a 400 mile round trip. I will be alone with 2 LEMON ICE BOX PIES. He did eat some of one. It would be easy to do a test taste on the cut one. I did not know he wanted to go there tomorrow. He all of a sudden wanted to go pay the taxes on the house. Our grand son's birthday was last Sunday, HE turned 20. We are going to sons house town. He had to work last Sunday so we are getting together tomorrow. If I want to be able to go to town tomorrow night I must get some rest. Plus I can't leave the dogs alone for that long of a time. SO I will be here alone for a long time tomorrow. Pray for me.
ml
I missed the part about why the bus? I tried talking DH into living in our camper and traveling the country a few years ago. He said he would have done it if we didn't have a little one to worry about. Maybe when we retire!

Stay away from the Pies!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I feel another mini book trying to come out of me. Sometimes I ....Sometimes I have to stop myself from using my fingers. My fingers move on their own.

Why do I do it to myself? Why have i done this to me for so long? Why did I start using food for a bandage? Yea I have to find the answer to that Q
I've always used food as a bandage. My parents are alcoholics and I assume the addiction gene was passed to me. I just happen to use food not booze.

I think it's victory when you realize it.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So, the tuna turned out a flop. I opened it and it smelled fishy so I told DH to get rid of it and we went to dinner.

Mongolian BBQ. I cool place- you load up your bowl with meat/veggies (noodles if you like) and pick from about 20 sauces. Then they stirfry it.

I had a bowl with mostly meat (steak and chicken), about a cup of veggies (broccoli, celery, bell pepper). Garlic broth, lime juice, soy sauce and hot pepper oil. It was pretty good. I ate more than I normally do at dinner. And the soy sauce was salty, so I feel it this morning.

I was up to 197.2 today (from 196 yesterday). I'm not going to stress about that, at least when I'm bouncing up and down it's still under 200! That's my win for now! Lots of water today for me.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, so this will make you laugh.

You know I'm trying so hard to eat more eggs? I make hard boiled eggs 6 at a time, eat some, peel the rest and put them in the fridge for a quick meal/snack.

So, this morning, I took some out for breakfast. I don't like them cold, so I put them in the microwave for about 45 seconds. I took them out, put a little salt and pepper on them and about 10 seconds later 2 of the 3 eggs EXPLODED.

Like, not a little. A LOT. All over me, all over the kitchen. Pieces on the ceiling, pieces in the adjoining dining room. Egg everywhere. The dog apparently doesn't like eggs either because she was no help cleaning up. I think I'll be finding eggs in places I didn't see this morning for a long time. And the house smells like eggs. I had to take another shower and wash my hair because I had egg all over me.

I won't be doing that again.

So, I went to another LC yummy snack I hadn't had since my last LC journey. Take hard salami (round slices in the lunch meat isle), put on a plate with a little cheese in the middle. Microwave for 1 min. They curl up and make little cups. If you want them crunchy, go a little longer. Dip in mustard. SO GOOD. Salty- so it wasn't a great choice for me this morning, but I needed something to get me over the eggs!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok, so this will make you laugh.

You know I'm trying so hard to eat more eggs? I make hard boiled eggs 6 at a time, eat some, peel the rest and put them in the fridge for a quick meal/snack.

So, this morning, I took some out for breakfast. I don't like them cold, so I put them in the microwave for about 45 seconds. I took them out, put a little salt and pepper on them and about 10 seconds later 2 of the 3 eggs EXPLODED.

Like, not a little. A LOT. All over me, all over the kitchen. Pieces on the ceiling, pieces in the adjoining dining room. Egg everywhere. The dog apparently doesn't like eggs either because she was no help cleaning up. I think I'll be finding eggs in places I didn't see this morning for a long time. And the house smells like eggs. I had to take another shower and wash my hair because I had egg all over me.

I won't be doing that again.

So, I went to another LC yummy snack I hadn't had since my last LC journey. Take hard salami (round slices in the lunch meat isle), put on a plate with a little cheese in the middle. Microwave for 1 min. They curl up and make little cups. If you want them crunchy, go a little longer. Dip in mustard. SO GOOD. Salty- so it wasn't a great choice for me this morning, but I needed something to get me over the eggs!

OH MY GOSH I NEED A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!

i AM IN NO SHAPE TO BREATHE AFTER THAT...TARRAH I READ IT ALOUD TO MY DH...GIRL FRIEND YOU SURE MADE ME LAUGH AND HIM!!!