Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
Sorry, I've been busy all day. Tarrah, you're doing great. My weight loss has been zero, but I'm staying the course--at least for 2 weeks. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good evening all!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
I'm here, just had a bad day. I (unfortunately) live with my parents and today my dad hit me the second I got home complaining about my mom's driving because he cannot drive. According to him, she is out to kill him. So I'm still m/e but I am having a drink tonight with vodka. I NEED IT!
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Sorry, I've been busy all day. Tarrah, you're doing great. My weight loss has been zero, but I'm staying the course--at least for 2 weeks. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good evening all!
Hang in there and trust the process!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
I'm here, just had a bad day. I (unfortunately) live with my parents and today my dad hit me the second I got home complaining about my mom's driving because he cannot drive. According to him, she is out to kill him. So I'm still m/e but I am having a drink tonight with vodka. I NEED IT!
Sorry you had a bad day

Vodka isn't a bad choice if you need/want a drink. It's what you mix it with that generally causes a problem if you aren't careful. My DH is allergic to vodka- do I avoid it too. I drink rum (not flavored) and diet coke with lime. I add a little sugar free coconut syrup and it taste like a Malibu and coke to me- slightly sweet and tropical. The coconut syrup makes all the difference for me. I carry it in a little bottle in my purse and add it at restaurants.

Hope tomorrow is better!!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
Still no weight loss and I'm thinking about tinkering a little. There are so many different theories on low carb weight loss and what works best. Sometimes what works best at one time in our lives might not work best later. Or as this board shows, what works for one person doesn't work for another. I am going to stay Induction Level Atkins but I'm going to drop all the added coconut oil. Maybe one tbsp instead of 5 or maybe I'll use 2. Or maybe -gasp-I'll use none. I'm not sure. I do think that's it's a mystery why I'm not losing now, so I'm going to tinker.

Yesterday, I had ground chuck, coconut oil, and a few oz. of London Broil(top round). My cals were probably under a 1000 and my ratio was 80/20 as described by Atkins in the fat fast chapter of later Atkins books.

Today, I'm going to eat canned salmon, eggs, and London Broil. I know that most of you don't do ratios, so this won't matter to you, but I have been keeping my protein lowish (52 grams usually). I'm going to try going up to around 60 and not worry about getting such high fat ratios or low cals. More as Atkins intended, I believe.

I also believe I really need to do light exercise--walking, rebounding, and maybe cycling. I've become such a couch potato.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's good news.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Is it called hook cheese on the package? Where do you find it? Is it white or yellow? I like all cheese. I'm not picky. Manchago is my fav and it's hard. I eat soft cheese sometimes as well.

It's yellow cheese. I find it at Walmart. They have it by the deli in a bin with what they call special cheese. You can spot it easily because of the red wax. It's cut like a trangle. I tried some of the othores they have in the same bin. For me they had no tastes for the price the want for it. I put the cheese in my eggs. I know everyone probaly knows this already but I have to say it anyway. My mamaw told me many many years ago. When I scramble eggs I slowly heat them up. Too high a heat kills the flavor of scrambled eggs. This may shock some but I love brains and eggs. I guess mama weaned me on it. We had been married a very short time and we went to mama's for breakfast one day. My DH said nothing he politly ate his eggs. On the way back home he said the scrambed eggs tasted funny. When I told him why they were different he almost gagged!

Your Elk sounds very good!!! I bet cooked on a open fire makes them taste wonderful. I like venison. Expect rabbit and squirrel. Has anyone ever ate frog legs?

I am helping my DIL spring clean. It feels great to get out of the bus. I am tired, very tired. I am also am sore all over. It will take us some time to finish. I wanted to let yall know in case I don't get on line everyday. They have a huge 4 bedroom. I am drinking my morning coffee and thinking about it, makes me tired all over again. But I am having fun with her. I have know my DIL since she was 2 weeks old.

Yesterday:
I ate scrambled eggs with hook cheese and bacon for supper.. for lunch I had half a smoked turkey leg with cheese.
I did not eat breakfast but I drank pleanty of CO with HWC. I have been uping my CO and I can sure tell it. My poor stomach is complaining! I am not stopping uping it though.

I hope everyone has a very good day.
ml
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Still no weight loss and I'm thinking about tinkering a little. There are so many different theories on low carb weight loss and what works best. Sometimes what works best at one time in our lives might not work best later. Or as this board shows, what works for one person doesn't work for another. I am going to stay Induction Level Atkins but I'm going to drop all the added coconut oil. Maybe one tbsp instead of 5 or maybe I'll use 2. Or maybe -gasp-I'll use none. I'm not sure. I do think that's it's a mystery why I'm not losing now, so I'm going to tinker. Hi, red teacup You are probaly right to looking for the magic that moves your weight loss. The CO does more for me than just helping my lose weight. I have been eating it since 1006. I will always use it. They have too much proff that it helps with memory for me to back off of it. I speed's the motablisim up too.

Yesterday, I had ground chuck, coconut oil, and a few oz. of London Broil(top round). My cals were probably under a 1000 and my ratio was 80/20 as described by Atkins in the fat fast chapter of later Atkins books. You know, if you don't eat enought cals it will slow or stop fat lose, right. Last summer I was eating over 2,000 and I was shrinking. I know I also have backed of them, but it is because I have no apitite. I'm wrong t do that I think. Its hard to eat when you feel stuffed. I have to say this. The later books he wrote he revised them to be more in the norm in hopes his peers would leave him along. He truly wanted to help America get healthier.

Today, I'm going to eat canned salmon, eggs, and London Broil. I know that most of you don't do ratios, so this won't matter to you, but I have been keeping my protein lowish (52 grams usually). I'm going to try going up to around 60 and not worry about getting such high fat ratios or low cals. More as Atkins intended, I believe.

I also believe I really need to do light exercise--walking, rebounding, and maybe cycling. I've become such a couch potato.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's good news.

Even though I have only lost the 4 last week my weight loss is gona restart. I am feeling different everyday. I am gona be paticent and stay the WOE I think works best for me.

Got to get up an go help DIL. I hope yall have a great low carb day.

Constance if you do change your plan up keep us posted. I am interested to see if it helps you.
ml
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

GEE 1006....Yall know I meant 2006 :-)
My DH got a giggle out of that. :-)

I have so many typos and wrong sentence structure I feel horrible about that. The missspelled words, well there are many of them.

I look like I need to up the CO even more.
:-)

Last edited by marylouise; 02-22-2012 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: added thought.....
Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Gweebles it is hard to live with our parents. I have been there.I cared for my DH's mama until she died.She had polio from childhood and the last several years she could not stand at all.

That drink is what kept me sane. I also took care of my mama. It is all hard.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is it hoop cheese? I found that in Walmart today...
Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found CO today at walmart- Nutiva brand. Expensive ($20) but it smells and tastes like Coconut! Maybe I can add that to my coffee.... It doesn't taste as bad as the Luanna coconut oil.

I am still at the office for a meeting with our Korean office- lONG day. Lots of coffee.

I had 3 eggs for bkfast (hardboiled)
Coffee for lunch
handfull of peperoni for snack

We ordered from olive garden for lunch and I got a grilled chicken ceaser salad with extra chicken. It got here and the chicken was BREADED! So, I took ALL the chicken off the salad, added some peperoni and parm cheese and ate it. It was sad.

Then I had more coffee.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Is it hoop cheese? I found that in Walmart today...

Dang I have been messing up on spelling, sentence structure, and even the year I'm in. Hook cheese...Well yea I meant hoop
Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I found CO today at walmart- Nutiva brand. Expensive ($20) but it smells and tastes like Coconut! Maybe I can add that to my coffee.... It doesn't taste as bad as the Luanna coconut oil.

I am still at the office for a meeting with our Korean office- lONG day. Lots of coffee.

I had 3 eggs for bkfast (hardboiled)
Coffee for lunch
handfull of peperoni for snack

We ordered from olive garden for lunch and I got a grilled chicken ceaser salad with extra chicken. It got here and the chicken was BREADED! So, I took ALL the chicken off the salad, added some peperoni and parm cheese and ate it. It was sad.

Then I had more coffee.

Gosh breaded that is horrible! Could the breading not been remover? I have scraped it off before. My sister watched me do it once several years ago. She thought I was nuts.

YOU FOUND NUTIVA AT WALMART!!

I looked at the Walmart I go to. All the had was a small jar in the pharmacy. It was 10 dollars. It was not the N. brand.
I will be talking to the manager and doing what I can to get it ordered. Times I get mad at Wally World!!

It is so good in coffee. I have only had one jar of it, so far! I will be getting it one way or another. Walmart or Whole Food.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

My sister found the picture of me weighing at or close to 300 the Christmas before last March when I started LC. again! IT is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be posting it as soon as I can....

I am very tired tonight. Helping DIL spring clean is hard work. This is the second day and I am beat. I told her we needed to rest tomorrow. I don"t think I have the strength to even drive to town, much less clean windows.

I hope everyone is doing GREAT!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Dang I have been messing up on spelling, sentence structure, and even the year I'm in. Hook cheese...Well yea I meant hoop
Lol! I'm going to get it next time. Is it a mild or sharp taste? It looked yummy!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Gosh breaded that is horrible! Could the breading not been remover? I have scraped it off before. My sister watched me do it once several years ago. She thought I was nuts.

YOU FOUND NUTIVA AT WALMART!!

I looked at the Walmart I go to. All the had was a small jar in the pharmacy. It was 10 dollars. It was not the N. brand.
I will be talking to the manager and doing what I can to get it ordered. Times I get mad at Wally World!!

It is so good in coffee. I have only had one jar of it, so far! I will be getting it one way or another. Walmart or Whole Food.
I tried- but it was really bread-y and I didn't want to chance it.

I was at a different Walmart than I usually go to when I found it- by the olive oil. My reg Walmart only has artisan and louana. Could you order online?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My sister found the picture of me weighing at or close to 300 the Christmas before last March when I started LC. again! IT is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be posting it as soon as I can....

I am very tired tonight. Helping DIL spring clean is hard work. This is the second day and I am beat. I told her we needed to rest tomorrow. I don"t think I have the strength to even drive to town, much less clean windows.

I hope everyone is doing GREAT!
Could you come spring clean at my house next???? It's still winter here in Colorado- but still....
Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Could you come spring clean at my house next???? It's still winter here in Colorado- but still....
Tarrah we didn't even have winter here!
Its gona be close to 80 tomorrow!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tarrah we didn't even have winter here!
Its gona be close to 80 tomorrow!!!!!
We are all home from work/school today because of snow and 80 mile per hour winds. I can't see the road in front of the house! BLIZZARD!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lol! I'm going to get it next time. Is it a mild or sharp taste? It looked yummy!!
It is in between. I love it! My DH thinks it cost too much. I disagree. I much rather eat a little of something great than a lot of something that is half rubber!
You will see several different kinds. I did. I spent too much the first time trying the others. I wasted money. The hoop is best for the money for taste. It is also very GOOD! I love it in scrambled eggs

Don't forget to put mustard in your stuffed eggs I think you will like them much better.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
We are all home from work/school today because of snow and 80 mile per hour winds. I can't see the road in front of the house! BLIZZARD!!!!!!

WOW!! NOW thats winter! Send some to me!!!!!!

I hope you have plenty of food on hand. I just can't imagine that much cold air and snow. I would LOVE it. I use to walk bare foot in snow! When we had winters I LOVE COLD!
Be safe in that BLIZZARD!!!

Tarrah I woke up today feeling bones I did not know I had! I think the scales are not showing a loss because my body is reshaping its self.

I wonder where everyone is at? I hope we hear from them soon. Take care in that blizzard!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Can you take a picture and put it here for us to see????
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love that feeling of bones!

This is from the last snow storm. I'll try to take one later today of today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 041.jpg (16.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pico
Stats: 190 lbs need to lose 15 -20 lbs, lost 15 from 205
WOE: Hi protein-Hi fiber
Start Date: Jan 21 2012
@ auntie em, wow that beef bone marrow sounds so delish... how do u prepare that?

thanks
pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been trying my best to put more pix in like u did...HOW did U do that????
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
@ auntie em, wow that beef bone marrow sounds so delish... how do u prepare that?

thanks
Hi pico If you click under her info you can find where she is at. We haven't seen her here in at least a week..
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I love that feeling of bones!

This is from the last snow storm. I'll try to take one later today of today!
It does feel good!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #418
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JCrowe1
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/9/12
Hey ladies! man, I'm scared to weigh-in this week. Its the start of my TOM AND I had a FEW whisky and diet gingerale's this weekend.... on multiple occasions..... but stayed under my 20 carbs/day. Also, i've had a few energy drinks with sucralose and i'm thinking that those are no good for me.. but I NEEEEEEd my caffeine for studying. Feeling a bit frustrated even though I haven't weighed-in... but I just dont feel any lighter. ugh Ialso just found out that espresso has 1 g of carb per shot... and i thought that would be my way to get my energy to focus and not stall... I feel like i'm running around in circles
JCrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #419
Junior LCF Member

HI Ladies,
How is everyone? I've been MIA for a couple days, studying for midterms (nursing student). Anyways, I'm having mixed feelings right now. Part of me is excited, i've lost afew lbs, and a few inches- measured last night but i'm scared to weigh this week. After 10 days of induction I had a few whisky and diet gingerales a couple times this past weekend...... stayed under 20g of carbs a day but had the drinks. Also, ive been studying a lot and need me some caffeine and i think the sugar free drinks are stalling me too...I haven't weighed but I just dont feel smaller... ALSO its my TOM.. so blah... grrr.... raaahr.
Just feeling kind of like i'm going in circles... why does my body have to be sooo difficult sometimes. OH! I also just found out that 2 shots of espresso has 2g/carbs... should I even finish my drink?!?! I know that when I dont use any artificial sweeteners I drop quickly.... Its just hard for me to focus without some added zing.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #420
Junior LCF Member

sorry for a double-ish post.. the first one disappeared and I didn't think it went through..