Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
If I eat high fat and eat carbs. I will gain weight.
That is simple math.

If I eat high fat and eat sugar and eat carbs. I will gain weight.
If I eat high fat and eat a little bit of sugar and a little bit of carbs. My weight loss will stop.


So all of the little things I do wrong stop me from losing.
It is the same thing that I read on here the other day. A friend lost 4 pounds because she stopped eating S/F gum. A~ Sweeteners and ....oh me I can't remember. Yep I need more CO for my brain.

Anyway it all ties in to complete my picture.

For my weight loss to really start again I must go all the way back to the beginning. It's the only way to make all of this work~for me.

I must start anew. Fresh as a newborn

I am sorry I have my signature pix messed up. I need a huge magnifier to see the face on the pix I am looking at. I will fix asap. Getting up for another cup of CO!
:-)

See yall later
ml
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Can I join in? The M/E thread I was on kind of died out. I started M/E last Monday to try to jump start my loss, lost 3.8 pounds. Want to do another week since my birthday is on the 28th and I know my 13 year old is putting a huge effort into making me a super chocolate cake (non lc) so I want to go full force, take that day off and eat some, then M/E until I get under 300. Right now I'm 338.4 which a month ago, this scale just read "E". So I lost at least 12 pounds so far.
Oh hello! I was lost in my world feeling sorry for myself.


It is sooo wonderful to see you. I think I have seen you on LCF before.

I am really sorry you had to see me having a melt down.

I bet your son will make you a wonderful cake for your birthday!!!

I like your signature :-)

Last edited by marylouise; 02-19-2012 at 02:51 PM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Gweebles Be careful mixing high fat with carbs. I work hard each and everyday to teach myself to not eat carbs. It is a struggle. You know you would think it would be easy as long as I have been doing it. It ant easy. Nothing is easy about any of it. I know you have already found that out.

I have lost 100 pounds~give or take a few. Looking back it was easy. I always have said losing is easy. Staying there is the hard part. But it is all hard! I am working on getting my engine started again. I fondly call myself a lean mean fat burning machine. When my tanks are full of gas

I hope this is gona be your funnest birthday to date. We like to have fun here. You have got lots of friends here too!

I am a grandma. I'm married. I have 2 grown son's and 6 grandkids. They are 20 to 2 years old. I look to be a great grandma soon, my 19 year old grandson was married late last year.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
bump
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
OH I feel ya! I lost 200 pounds about 10 years ago and it seemed so easy. 3 bad relationships and a stressful desk job later, I'm back where I started and it seem so much harder this time. BTW the 13 year old is my daughter, who also struggles with insulin resistance so I want to be a good influence to her.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
OH I feel ya! I lost 200 pounds about 10 years ago and it seemed so easy. 3 bad relationships and a stressful desk job later, I'm back where I started and it seem so much harder this time. BTW the 13 year old is my daughter, who also struggles with insulin resistance so I want to be a good influence to her.


You have a daughter! OH you are blessed!

We will stick to it and I will be here with you everyday every step of the way and we, all of us, will do it together!

If I get up to 300 again I know it will kill me. I am sticking to LCF like glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh my gosh your daughter is insulin resistance. I am sorry that has happened to her.

You will change her future doing this.

YOU are a GREAT mama!!!

Last edited by marylouise; 02-19-2012 at 05:14 PM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
We will stick to it and I will be here with you everyday every step of the way and we, all of us, will do it together!

If I get up to 300 again I know it will kill me. I am sticking to LCF like glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh my gosh your daughter is insulin resistance. I am sorry that has happened to her.

You will change her future doing this.

YOU are a GREAT mama!!!
Thanks. I lurk a lot here but finally after my knee started hurting more and more decided I HAD to stop making excuses and do this for ME.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #368
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
CHANCE IN THE OVEN

Hello friends~

I have my chicken in the oven. I started to fry it with CO. I had a second thought. I instead put my CHANCE in the OVEN! It smells wonderful. DH had to have sloppy joes. Whatever.

I am going to enjoy every bite of my chance in the oven!

I made the CO choc. candy and even if it is not as good as S/F choc. candy it is all MINE!!
I ant sitting around in my gown all day anymore. I get out. Don't matter to me if I have as little as 50 cents in my pocket, I am getting out!


As yall see I have my face with no eyes back up. Told you I would get it back up here~

I hate to say this but I'm gona say it anyway~ the chick that is gone forever with no eyes and what neck is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

But the one on top is the NEW ME!!!
Someone let me know if you can't get into my albums. I am gona put as many pix in there as I can! I am still learning how to use everything here. LCF's gave US so many tools and I am gona learn how to load and use everything I have, to win this BATTLE FOR THE NEW ME!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
SHOUT OUT LOUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Thanks. I lurk a lot here but finally after my knee started hurting more and more decided I HAD to stop making excuses and do this for ME.

It is very impossible for me to not shout out LOUD! If I kept words inside me I would implode!



LCF'S ROCK!!

That is why I posted that thread. A place to shout out loud

Yes I know how our knees pay 4 our bad deeds.
My sister had surgery on her's. She is in pain today. Surgery helped for a moment. The real help~mate is to throw away the load. I asked her to be on here with me, but she is still taking her diabetic meds and eating what she wants to. I really don't know how she does it. We are close in weight and close in years. She is my baby sister. She is my best-est friend. Well my DH is my best-est.

YOU have to do it for you because no one else is going to. I felt so down and dark clouds were always hanging over my head. I see the sun today. It is for sure doable.

If I win the lottery I am gona check this old body in for a new ONE
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
HAPPY MONDAY!

EVERYBODY~

I stayed on plan all weekend
It is beautiful here today. The sun is shinning and all's well in egg/meat land!.

Since I seen ya'll last I ate pork steaks and CO chicken in the oven. I had a tasty weekend~ What did you have?

I have not weighed yet. It's a little bit of a challange for me to weigh. I have to go next door to my son's and most times it's afternoon when I go there. I don't have my scales in the bus. Yea they are packed up.

See ya'll later on today. I have to go to town.
I hope ya'll are doing GREAT
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
Gallery: red_teapot
WOE: Atkins 72, zc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
OH I feel ya! I lost 200 pounds about 10 years ago and it seemed so easy. 3 bad relationships and a stressful desk job later, I'm back where I started and it seem so much harder this time. BTW the 13 year old is my daughter, who also struggles with insulin resistance so I want to be a good influence to her.
Welcome Gweebles to this little corner of LCF. I wish you a very happy birthday and healthy eating from then on! Did you lose the 200 lbs doing low carb? That's a very impressive loss and you must be a very strong and determined woman to have done it. If you did it once, you can do it again. Post your food--Mary Louise is an expert and she'll help you make the right choices. She has posted a food list on this thread that is also very helpful. I find increasing my fat, limiting carbs as much as I can, and not eating too much protein very helpful in losing weight. I hope it works for you!

Will your 13 yr old daughter join you? Our little family generally eats this way, although my daughter eats dairy (cheese, full fat yogurt, cream) , green veggies and berries. I also allow her occasional (sugar) treats for holidays. It's hard trying to raise a low carb child as sugary food is so much a part of our culture. She knows she gains a little after treats and she knows it takes a while before her regular appetite returns, but it's still so hard to refuse the treats. Even in Sunday school they give sugar-laden stuff--such as cookies, candy, and cupcakes. It's so frustrating.

Good luck! Be sure to make your wish when you blow out the candles on your cake.
red_teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 79
Gallery: red_teapot
WOE: Atkins 72, zc
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
EVERYBODY~

I stayed on plan all weekend
It is beautiful here today. The sun is shinning and all's well in egg/meat land!.

Since I seen ya'll last I ate pork steaks and CO chicken in the oven. I had a tasty weekend~ What did you have?

I have not weighed yet. It's a little bit of a challange for me to weigh. I have to go next door to my son's and most times it's afternoon when I go there. I don't have my scales in the bus. Yea they are packed up.

See ya'll later on today. I have to go to town.
I hope ya'll are doing GREAT

Sounds like you had a great weekend. My neck bones didn't turn out well. Maybe I cooked them too long? The bones were disintegrating. I ate well though, but I haven't lost any weight. The same store that had neck bones had a great price for bacon (a big box of it), so we've all been eating it. I really think it impedes weight loss, but I can't resist. Tomorrow!

I hope you get to weight yourself soon. When will you unpack? I bet the scale will have good news.

Louie's going to town! Yay. I know how you feel about being house-bound. I love to get out, but it happens so rarely mainly because I'm so busy with home-schooling. We've let a lot slide, but still I try to do a few important subjects everyday. By the time we're through, I'm pooped. That song, "Ruby, Don't Take YOur Love to Town" keeps going through my mind. It's my ear-worm for today. I love that name; in fact, I named a favorite cat that name.

Mary Louise, I'm sorry you had a little tiff with your husband. I know things are better now cause you're going to town! Did this weekend affect your food at all? Maybe making you crave the choc coco? Stress is a killer.

I'm glad your old pic is up--I think it is pure inspiration for other people. And somehow we have to learn to love our older (heavier)selves and forgive them. We were doing the best we could when we gained weight. Now we know more and we can lose it and help others. I believe it's all God's plan--really.

Back to school work. Oh, and I can't see any pics in your gallery.

Last edited by red_teapot; 02-20-2012 at 11:16 AM..
red_teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Sounds like you had a great weekend. My neck bones didn't turn out well. Maybe I cooked them too long? The bones were disintegrating. I ate well though, but I haven't lost any weight. The same store that had neck bones had a great price for bacon (a big box of it), so we've all been eating it. I really think it impedes weight loss, but I can't resist. Tomorrow!

I hope you get to weight yourself soon. When will you unpack? I bet the scale will have good news.

Louie's going to town! Yay. I know how you feel about being house-bound. I love to get out, but it happens so rarely mainly because I'm so busy with home-schooling. We've let a lot slide, but still I try to do a few important subjects everyday. By the time we're through, I'm pooped. That song, "Ruby, Don't Take YOur Love to Town" keeps going through my mind. It's my ear-worm for today. I love that name; in fact, I named a favorite cat that name.

Mary Louise, I'm sorry you had a little tiff with your husband. I know things are better now cause you're going to town! Did this weekend affect your food at all? Maybe making you crave the choc coco? Stress is a killer.

I'm glad your old pic is up--I think it is pure inspiration for other people. And somehow we have to learn to love our older (heavier)selves and forgive them. We were doing the best we could when we gained weight. Now we know more and we can lose it and help others. I believe it's all God's plan--really.

Back to school work. Oh, and I can't see any pics in your gallery.

Me an expert? NOT
Dr. Robert Atkins was an expert. I am a reader, as we all are.

Ruby~ thats a Kenny Rodgers song. My DH and me love Kenny! My DH has done a lot of his songs! Songs do stick in our minds, don't they. I listened to Broken Wings going to town. I have it on a CD. I have it on a CD that I made and it pays the song over and over! I LOVE IT!

A few years ago I made a CD for my brother for his birthday. His favorite one from childhood. I lost count of the times it's on the CD. Do yall remember Wolly Bully? Mine fav. from chinlhood is Dream Dream Dream. My sister's is Take This Diamond Ring. The 50s and 60s were very good decades.

Constance I am eating dairy. I eat Hook cheese with the red wax. Dr. A gave that one his blessing. I do eat other kinds but the hook is my staple.

Well I weighed and I am still stuck on 165 Maybe something happens that causes the body to hang at a weight so it can get use to it. I have lost 100 so maybe my body is in a state of shock. I don't know but I shall still look forward, never looking back!

Your neck bones cooked too much in that crock pot. I am sorry they did that. I am glad to know that. I was gona try it myself.

It was good geting out today! Walmart had V~day stuff on sale. I got stuffed animals. Bears and the like. They were 25 cents! The ones I got work for Easter too! The young grandkids will not know the driffence. They also had lemons for a dollar a bag. I have been paying almost 4 times that for them. I will be making my DH Lemon Ice Box Pies with some of them. Yall know we can have lemons and limes, right. It is one fruit that is on that ladder.

It was a silly disagreement we had. Made me very mad because he made a issue out of it. When we don't see eye to eye and I feel I am more right than he is, I just stop talking. It's best for me to just stop talking. Give him time to chill out. When I stop throwing the ball back and forth, I think it is worse on him. It took me a whole bunch of years to figure that out.

Supper will be my chicken again.
I want Rotel cheese dip so bad it is driving me nuts.
I think I will put hot sauce on my plate to eat with the chicken. It should calm me down from wanting the dip.

Yea I finally got my pix back on here. It was no easy feat! My Gallery has NO pix? HUMMMMM

I will go back when I can and try again......

When are ya'll gona put your picture's up?
Cat got your tongue's?


My spell check is gone. It is suppose to be here and its gone...

Last edited by marylouise; 02-20-2012 at 03:52 PM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Tarrah~~ I got some of the little cupcakes holders. I am so glad I found them. I also got some Almond flavor and Mint. I haven't been using the flavors but I thought I would give it a try. I love mint chocolate!

It is comforting knowing I have ways to satisfy my craving for chocolate. I will not be getting Atkins bars now. Thank you for giving me the idea of a way to do just that.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Thank you Red Teapot I keep telling myself I did it before and I can do it again. The only thing I had then that I don't have now is ECA stacks. I can still make them but I was always wired and hated the feeling.

My daughter isn't going to try LC until I prove to her I can lose on it. I am working on upping my fat (kind of a hard part for me right now) and made some fat bombs which are cooling in the fridge for a little fat boost. I pretty much try to keep it simple and I FINALLY kicked the diet soda habit. I can drink tap water without gagging, so that's a huge accomplishment for me.
__________________
Post Christmas, giving my life to God and letting Him heal me inside and out.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Sorry I've been MIA. I was taking a computer break.

DH and I had a rough couple of days- but I think we've talked it out as much as possible and it's time to let go and move on. That's not hard for him- feels so difficult to me- but it's got to be done.

OK, ready for the GOOD GREAT AMAZING news? I'm down to 196! I've lost as much in the last week as I did the whole first 50 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That feels amazing.

I have been eating smaller quantities- not that I was over eating before- but I was eating at meal time and sometimes snacks even if I wasn't hungry because I feel like I should (Ky eats- I should eat with him).

And I started drinking Super Dieter's Tea after dinner. It's helped with the bathroom issues- it's a mild, natural laxative. It's been working! And the scale is going DOWN!

I ended up eating out more than usual this weekend. Let's see if I can remember....

Saturday:
Coffee w HWC x2

California Pizza Kitchen- Cobb salad (1/2 size). I ate the toppings (chicken, cheese, bacon, some ranch) but left almost all of the lettuce

Date Night: 1 diet coke, rum, lime and coconut SF syrup, bacon cheese burger and a VERY small side salad.

Sunday:
Coffee w HWC x2

1 slice cheese, 1 elk stick

Rotisserie chicken, ceaser dressing, about 1/2 cup lettuce

Monday:
Coffee w/ HWC x2
Leftover meatloaf

6 hotwings (not breaded- the place had a special LC menu!)

Homemade chicken soup (this tourned out REALLLLLY good- 6 cups of chicken broth, 3 frozen boneless chicken breasts, 2 stalks celery, 1/2 cup carrot, 2 tsps poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 2 green onions (I just put them in whole for flavor and took them out before eating). Cooked it on low in the crockpot all day- shredded the chicken at the end. Added a little parm cheese and ground pepper. DH and Kyle are sick, so they needed chicken soup. I added a little leftover rice to theirs. Everyone loved it).

That's it for me!
__________________
~Tarrah~
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Thank you Red Teapot I keep telling myself I did it before and I can do it again. The only thing I had then that I don't have now is ECA stacks. I can still make them but I was always wired and hated the feeling.

My daughter isn't going to try LC until I prove to her I can lose on it. I am working on upping my fat (kind of a hard part for me right now) and made some fat bombs which are cooling in the fridge for a little fat boost. I pretty much try to keep it simple and I FINALLY kicked the diet soda habit. I can drink tap water without gagging, so that's a huge accomplishment for me.
Welcome! What's a fat bomb??????? And whats a ECA stack?

Good for you to give up diet soda. I've gone down to 1 a day. I have tried to give it up and I get grumpy. So grumpy. So so grumpy.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Tarrah~~ I got some of the little cupcakes holders. I am so glad I found them. I also got some Almond flavor and Mint. I haven't been using the flavors but I thought I would give it a try. I love mint chocolate!

It is comforting knowing I have ways to satisfy my craving for chocolate. I will not be getting Atkins bars now. Thank you for giving me the idea of a way to do just that.
Glad you found them! I use them all the time for Kyle's snack. If I make it look like a mini cupcake he'll eat it. Unless it has peanut butter in it........

How are you making the CO bark? I'm not a huge chocolate lover- so I don't miss that too much. I just love cookies- any kind of cookie. So the Coconut butter cup helps with that.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Me an expert? NOT
Dr. Robert Atkins was an expert. I am a reader, as we all are.

Ruby~ thats a Kenny Rodgers song. My DH and me love Kenny! My DH has done a lot of his songs! Songs do stick in our minds, don't they. I listened to Broken Wings going to town. I have it on a CD. I have it on a CD that I made and it pays the song over and over! I LOVE IT!

A few years ago I made a CD for my brother for his birthday. His favorite one from childhood. I lost count of the times it's on the CD. Do yall remember Wolly Bully? Mine fav. from chinlhood is Dream Dream Dream. My sister's is Take This Diamond Ring. The 50s and 60s were very good decades.

Constance I am eating dairy. I eat Hook cheese with the red wax. Dr. A gave that one his blessing. I do eat other kinds but the hook is my staple.

Well I weighed and I am still stuck on 165 Maybe something happens that causes the body to hang at a weight so it can get use to it. I have lost 100 so maybe my body is in a state of shock. I don't know but I shall still look forward, never looking back!

Your neck bones cooked too much in that crock pot. I am sorry they did that. I am glad to know that. I was gona try it myself.

It was good geting out today! Walmart had V~day stuff on sale. I got stuffed animals. Bears and the like. They were 25 cents! The ones I got work for Easter too! The young grandkids will not know the driffence. They also had lemons for a dollar a bag. I have been paying almost 4 times that for them. I will be making my DH Lemon Ice Box Pies with some of them. Yall know we can have lemons and limes, right. It is one fruit that is on that ladder.

It was a silly disagreement we had. Made me very mad because he made a issue out of it. When we don't see eye to eye and I feel I am more right than he is, I just stop talking. It's best for me to just stop talking. Give him time to chill out. When I stop throwing the ball back and forth, I think it is worse on him. It took me a whole bunch of years to figure that out.

Supper will be my chicken again.
I want Rotel cheese dip so bad it is driving me nuts.
I think I will put hot sauce on my plate to eat with the chicken. It should calm me down from wanting the dip.

Yea I finally got my pix back on here. It was no easy feat! My Gallery has NO pix? HUMMMMM

I will go back when I can and try again......

When are ya'll gona put your picture's up?
Cat got your tongue's?


My spell check is gone. It is suppose to be here and its gone...
I love old country music. They don't make it like they use to. I like the old old stuff- Hank Sr, Lefty.

How did you make CO Chicken?

What's hook cheese?

I bought Ky a vday mailbox on walmart clearance and he can't stop playing with it. A good $1.20 investment!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Ok, so I'm making up for the lack of postings now

We are getting ready for a 3 day ATV trip in Moab, UT in 2 weeks. Any ideas on what I should take to eat?

I was thinking:

Hard boiled eggs for breakfast (yuck- but I'll do it)
Coconut butter cups for snack (or 2 for a meal)
Lunch meat/cheese/mayo
Venison sticks
I make homemade granola bars for the boys- I'll stay away from them sadly

We will likly eat out for dinner each night

Any other ideas? We camp/hike/ride ATVs A LOT in the summer- so any ideas would carry over to that as well. I can't tell you how many trips I've started out intending to be LC, but this is when I start to slip!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Welcome! What's a fat bomb??????? And whats a ECA stack?

Good for you to give up diet soda. I've gone down to 1 a day. I have tried to give it up and I get grumpy. So grumpy. So so grumpy.
The diet soda was hard to ditch. I finally did it though. The hardest part was the headaches while I was getting away from the AS.

The ECA stack is just ephedra, caffeine and aspirin. It was very popular about 10 years ago when I was on another LC web group. It was like cheap speed. You didn't eat much but I twitched more than a crack head.

As for the fat bombs, I don't take credit for them but I am hooked on them.
Wifezilla's Way: Recipe: Abi Fae's Fat Bombs is the recipe. Good way to up the fat.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. I was taking a computer break.

DH and I had a rough couple of days- but I think we've talked it out as much as possible and it's time to let go and move on. That's not hard for him- feels so difficult to me- but it's got to be done.

OK, ready for the GOOD GREAT AMAZING news? I'm down to 196! I've lost as much in the last week as I did the whole first 50 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That feels amazing.

I have been eating smaller quantities- not that I was over eating before- but I was eating at meal time and sometimes snacks even if I wasn't hungry because I feel like I should (Ky eats- I should eat with him).

And I started drinking Super Dieter's Tea after dinner. It's helped with the bathroom issues- it's a mild, natural laxative. It's been working! And the scale is going DOWN!

I ended up eating out more than usual this weekend. Let's see if I can remember....

Saturday:
Coffee w HWC x2

California Pizza Kitchen- Cobb salad (1/2 size). I ate the toppings (chicken, cheese, bacon, some ranch) but left almost all of the lettuce

Date Night: 1 diet coke, rum, lime and coconut SF syrup, bacon cheese burger and a VERY small side salad.

Sunday:
Coffee w HWC x2

1 slice cheese, 1 elk stick

Rotisserie chicken, ceaser dressing, about 1/2 cup lettuce

Monday:
Coffee w/ HWC x2
Leftover meatloaf

6 hotwings (not breaded- the place had a special LC menu!)

Homemade chicken soup (this tourned out REALLLLLY good- 6 cups of chicken broth, 3 frozen boneless chicken breasts, 2 stalks celery, 1/2 cup carrot, 2 tsps poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 2 green onions (I just put them in whole for flavor and took them out before eating). Cooked it on low in the crockpot all day- shredded the chicken at the end. Added a little parm cheese and ground pepper. DH and Kyle are sick, so they needed chicken soup. I added a little leftover rice to theirs. Everyone loved it).

That's it for me!


WOW! You are doing great! I bet you do feel wonderful!

Whats a ELK stick?

It is good that you are having less problems with bathroom issues. Nothing makes you feel worse than having issues. Plus I have been hearing the more visits the more weight loss. I have been eating more CO and that is a mover!


Your chicken soup sounded great. I have broth from the chicken I cooked. I think I will make a clear soup with some of it. Well it want be clear, I will add left over chicken.I would put a little celery in it but I don't have any.

I am having a problem making the coco candy. I tried to put some of what I have made in the cup a little while ago. It clumps up. Even if I keep it warm, it cools off to fast and clumps up. I don't know what I did wrong. It settles to the bottom and gets sticky. Kind of reminds me of taffy
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Glad you found them! I use them all the time for Kyle's snack. If I make it look like a mini cupcake he'll eat it. Unless it has peanut butter in it........

How are you making the CO bark? I'm not a huge chocolate lover- so I don't miss that too much. I just love cookies- any kind of cookie. So the Coconut butter cup helps with that.

I think I need to go read up on how to make it. I am not doing good with it.
That CO butter sounds so good. I wish I could find some. I looked at the CO at Walmart and a little Organic jar cost 10 dollars.
Maybe I can go to Whole food in Memphis soon.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #384
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
CO chicken means I put CO in the pan with the chicken. I made it sound as yummy as I could :-)
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Ok, so I'm making up for the lack of postings now

We are getting ready for a 3 day ATV trip in Moab, UT in 2 weeks. Any ideas on what I should take to eat?

I was thinking:

Hard boiled eggs for breakfast (yuck- but I'll do it)
Coconut butter cups for snack (or 2 for a meal)
Lunch meat/cheese/mayo
Venison sticks
I make homemade granola bars for the boys- I'll stay away from them sadly

We will likly eat out for dinner each night

Any other ideas? We camp/hike/ride ATVs A LOT in the summer- so any ideas would carry over to that as well. I can't tell you how many trips I've started out intending to be LC, but this is when I start to slip!


I got really tired of the normal way to eat eggs. I started making stuffed eggs to fight the boredom. I sprinkle the half's of the white with Paprika and put mustard in it with chopped very fine green olives. I like them like that.

What is a venison stick??

If I come up with things you can take on the trip I will post it. I can't think of anything right now. Its after 10 here and my brain has gone to sleep and I am fixin to join it....
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hook cheese is the most natural one, I think. It has red wax on it. Dr. Atkins said to eat that kind. Its on that list of food I posted. It good. I prefer soft cheese. We aren't suppose to eat that kind. I stay away from it till I can not stand it then I eat a little of it. No more than every month or two.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
DH and I had a rough couple of days- but I think we've talked it out as much as possible and it's time to let go and move on. That's not hard for him- feels so difficult to me- but it's got to be done.

Tarrah move on? Are you and your DH splitting up??
No way- not splitting up. Just moving forward and trying to get past the issues between us. We wouldn't give up!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hook cheese is the most natural one, I think. It has red wax on it. Dr. Atkins said to eat that kind. Its on that list of food I posted. It good. I prefer soft cheese. We aren't suppose to eat that kind. I stay away from it till I can not stand it then I eat a little of it. No more than every month or two.
Is it called hook cheese on the package? Where do you find it? Is it white or yellow? I like all cheese. I'm not picky. Manchago is my fav and it's hard. I eat soft cheese sometimes as well.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
I think the bark I made that worked best was 4tbs co, 2 tbs coco powder, 2 tbs Splenda, 1/2 tsp vanilla. I found the recipie here somewhere.

Elk/venison sticks are dried sausage sticks made from an elk my dad shot this year.

I should try devilry eggs- that sounds good. Well- it sounds better anyway.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
randtbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,060
Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Bumping- we are slow today!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.