Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Yeah, but you are so tall. I'm just 5'2" and weigh 164. It's better than the alternative, but it still puts me in either just obese or very overweight at ******.

You have got to be kidding! ****** says at 5 2 u r obese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are nuts!!!!!

I am 5'2"
You are 5'2"
Tarrah is 5'2"

Short world

I would to be 5'7"

Contance would you keep a count with names. THAT would be sooo great!!!
If you have time. You can make it a class project with your DD.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Quote:
Yeah, but you are so tall. I'm just 5'2" and weigh 164. It's better than the alternative, but it still puts me in either just obese or very overweight at ******.
I've shrunk in height that is. I once was 3/4 taller or maybe 5'8". I wonder if one of the anti gravity tables would be good -

Those height weight chart - a pox on them lol. I'm in the stupid obese lane - 191 will see me as just fat - haha. 159 is the tippiest top of normal. I like me at 140 - 145. But if I shoot for that this stage of the game - it seems insurmountable from where I am... so cinch by a inch. Truth told, 191 looks WAY far away.

Just looked at the Sonny's BBQ sauce bottle - 16 carbs in two tbslps so - no go until way way way later. It's a tomato based one that is sweet actually. They have about four choices at the restaurants. Regular (which we have) and up from there hitching up the heat. I may have seen a fifth the last visit called something mustard. Could have been seeing things.

Hubs claims he likes the NC type best - vinegar based and that's tasty too. I'm kinda of picky about BBQ sauces and also colw slaw.

Cooking chicken breasts in coconut oil with McCormick Cajun Seasoning ( I misspoke earlier as it does have salt - but happily no sugar so it is no carb. Tall rectangle container.

Right re geting too thin - gaunt drawn faces are not attractive - gotta have a lil something to give that boing of youth.

Last edited by capricapers; 02-17-2012 at 12:14 PM..
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My husband just brought home pork neckbones! I'm going to try it, ML. Do you have any more pointers for how to make it? How exciting!

Wash them good to get rid of bone chips.
I salt the water.
Get to rolling boil, skim off top.
Turn down to slow boil, put lid on but leave cracked to vent~ I forgot 2 tell Capri. to watch they can boil over.
Have plenty of napkins.
Eat with hands.

I don't eat all the fat on a single piece but it so good I have to make myself not eat tooo much of the fat. I kind of think fat from meat is where the toxins are at. Now even though I have been told that, I still eat some of it

I sure hope ya'll read the ingred. very good on mixed spices. I Googled the Bobs I was using. It is legal 4 them to get away with not putting it on label if ONE serving has no sugar. And I can't eat a single serving of nothing.

I made the choc. candy. I added a few Walnuts to it. It is 4 sure chocolaty. Turned my tongue black.
I like it. It's a good thing C is good for the
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Quote:
Capri--have you tried them with the cajun seasoning yet? It looks like they'd be better that way. Ours were $1.99 a lb, so you got a bargain.

But you may have meatier ones. I just rinsed them and placed into cold water - brought to boil - skimmed off that floaty stuff that rises and hit the first pot with a bit of sea salt - forgot to salt the second one. Or forgo the salt in the water and lightly do some when done cooking. You could make a melange of favs like thyme, pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder - whatever (check labels as I'm not certain they are carbless - be careful of fresh garlic - 3.? carbs per clove! Ridiculous!!
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
You have got to be kidding! ****** says at 5 2 u r obese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are nuts!!!!!

I am 5'2"
You are 5'2"
Tarrah is 5'2"

Short world

I would to be 5'7"

Contance would you keep a count with names. THAT would be sooo great!!!
If you have time. You can make it a class project with your DD.
Hey there- speak for yourself. I'm 5'8"!!!!!! My mom- she is 5'2"

Sorry I've been MIA this afternoon. Planning a surprise makeover of my bedroom for DH when he gets home. Lots of work! Our relationship has been in a funk....trying to do whatever I can to pull out of it .
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Hey there- speak for yourself. I'm 5'8"!!!!!! My mom- she is 5'2"

Sorry I've been MIA this afternoon. Planning a surprise makeover of my bedroom for DH when he gets home. Lots of work! Our relationship has been in a funk....trying to do whatever I can to pull out of it .

I'm sorry I thought that is what you said. Someone else said it I guess.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry I thought that is what you said. Someone else said it I guess.
No worries! I have been 5'8" since around 5th grade. I was always the tallest girl in school. I always wanted to be shorter. That's just the way it goes- always want exactly what you don't have!

I also have always had big boobs. And always wished they were smaller!

Though, I was born with GREAT hair!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No worries! I have been 5'8" since around 5th grade. I was always the tallest girl in school. I always wanted to be shorter. That's just the way it goes- always want exactly what you don't have!

I always wanted to be taller. I can't stand having to get the stool to reach top cabinet! Boobs I have wanted to have mine cut down. Aways caused me pain. Hair is almost to my butt. DH loves it. I get tangled in it in bed and brushing it is a task!!!

I made the CO candy. I put walnuts in it. I put so much cocoa in it my toung turned black. I think I have already said that

I have terrible memory....

So its sounding like we all are married. I been married for 43 years.
Slump....hummmmm

Seen a few of them slumpie days.......
My Dh sings and plays guitar. He was in a band when we first met. Both son's sing and play too. Ant nothing better than sitting around them and listening to love songs....I tried to play a organ long time ago. No go for me. I get to easy.
I have 2 dogs.
Cricket and Gidget.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I can see in your picture you have great hair! It looks thick.

I am a retired cosmetologist. I have seen lots of hair. Attached and detached
Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow- that's long hair!!!!

DH and I have been together since we were 16- that's 16 years- exactly 50% of our lives. I don't know what else to do but to love him....... it isn't the first time we've "slumped". But I sure hate it. I don't talk to anyone about it- I don't have girlfiriends like that. So- it's nice to "say" it here . My heart aches. I'm impatient and I want it all to be ok RIGHT NOW. But, it takes time to get through the cycle. Lots of prayer and time.

Thanks for listening.

I have my DH, one little boy, one cute dog named Aspen. A little family
Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I can see in your picture you have great hair! It looks thick.

I am a retired cosmetologist. I have seen lots of hair. Attached and detached
It use to be REALLY thick! When I lost all the weight in 2004 my hair started falling out. I'm not sure it was related, but it happened at the same time. It never came back as thick. As I get older, it has gotten thinner and limper
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe you need to make DH a V-day box like he gave you....
Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds like even though we have a diffence in age we are in some ways alike. My DH was 16 when we got married. I was 18. He use to tell everyone I raped him.....

We were married in 1969.

Aspen thats a cool name. What kind of dog is it?
That's good hope that young love survived. Neither of us has anyone in our family that has stayed together. No real model of what marriage looks like.

Aspen is a goldendoodle. Part golden retriever, part standard poodle. She is Ky's best friend- and she doesn't know she is a dog.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's good hope that young love survived. Neither of us has anyone in our family that has stayed together. No real model of what marriage looks like.

Aspen is a goldendoodle. Part golden retriever, part standard poodle. She is Ky's best friend- and she doesn't know she is a dog.
I bet she is a great buddy to him.

The one thing that really matters to have strong connect for me is to always be the same to Dh as you want DH to be to you.......

My DH is pure gold.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: red_teapot
WOE: Atkins 72, zc
Quote:
I bet she is a great buddy to him.

The one thing that really matters to have strong connect for me is to always be the same to Dh as you want DH to be to you.......

My DH is pure gold.
We've been married almost 33 years and it hasn't all been easy. In fact I was just thinking today we should remarry each other.

I saw this clip from a film last night that I loved (the clip but I have no idea what the movie is named). The older couple were counseling their daughter (maybe) and they told her that they had to fall in love all over again many times. That line just worked for me. They also said something about there being many times when they probably hated each other but never said it aloud. But falling in love all over again...I like that. There have been times when I felt resentful and hurt; I had to let go of it and fall in love all over again. I like your quote ML--it sounds like the foundation for a strong marriage. Unfortunately, there are probably many times when I haven't done it. For all that, we're still married and in love.

Tarrah, both my parents and his are also divorced. It's hard. I always vowed I would never do that to my children, but it does take 2 to make a marriage work. I think what you're doing is perfect (prayer, giving it time and laughter). What's that catch phrase--Love is a verb not a feeling (I think). Verb away. You take up the slump for a while.

But, I do have to say that was a very sweet considerate thing he did about the kissie candy papers. I even told my husband about it.....maybe he's just having a hard time at work. Speaking of slumps, I just read the best book about a woman going through a hard time with her husband. I think it's called "This is Not the Story You Think It Is" or something like that by Laura Munson. She has a web site with some of her writing on it. I loved it because she did fight for her marriage in a non-threatening way.
red_teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Mary Louise--I would love to have chickens (I think) and a goat. Your life sounds like so much fun! My husband says I would hate to have to clean up after the chickens, but it doesn't matter as we can't have them anyway where we live. But I'd love to taste fresh eggs. Yumm--and even double yoked. No wonder you're so healthy.

I am making my pork neck bones on Sunday. I will prepare them before we go to church, put them in the crock pot, and then we'll have them later in the afternoon. Thanks, Capri and Mary, for the tips. I bet they will be delicious!

Goldendoodles are so cute, but aren't they a handful? They look so energetic. We have 3 cats and 2 dogs--one is a mastiff (very low energy) and one is a small mix that is quite hyper. What are your pets, ML? And everyone else? I love my animals.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goldendoodles are like goldens- she is 2 1/2 now and more calm. She is the best dog ever. I always say I could leave Kyle home alone with her and she would be a better babysitter than the girl down teh street. Twice he has gone out the front door without her and she has raised hell until we found him (it didn't take long). She goes down the stairs one step in front of him. She crys if she is out of arms reach of him. I was looking through pictures and realize there aren't many of them without her right by his side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 061.jpg (38.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 051.jpg (34.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=marylouise;15425504]Constance I don't know if thoses neck bones will cook alright in a crock pot. I think I would rethink that. They need to be boiled in water. It takes around and hour and a half to get them tender. Some times longer.

A crock pot will not get to the core of the stack to cook them right. I am worried they could make yall

If you put the crockpot on high the water will boil. You'll just need to cook them a long time.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for sharing about your relationships. I find comfort in knowing it's normal to stumble along the way.

I can't blame him- I haven't been totally nice or happy to be around. About 5 years ago he was misurable, met someone at work and got emotionally involved. He actually left me. I dug my heels in and didn't walk away- I prayed a lot. I trusted God would heal us even though it didn't seem possible at the time. It took a few months, but slowly we came back together and we swore we wouldn't trade what we'd gone through for anything because it made us stronger.

Small ups and downs since then, but I still have a hard time trusting. Even though in my heart I know I can trust him, my head often rules and I start finding signs in things that only make sense in my head.

He is in a place now where he says we've just seem like two different people living two different lives. I tend to hold on too tight in these times when he really just needs some space. I smoother him because I'm afraid of losing him. Have you read Men are from mars women are from Venus? It's a great book. It talks about men being rubber bands- their intamacy levels going close and far and close and far. But you have to let them strech out for them to snap back in. I'm impatient and I don't like the process. But, I'm trying VERY hard.

He is having a hard time at work- he has a very very demanding job. We will get through it- I just don't like this part.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Goldendoodles are like goldens- she is 2 1/2 now and more calm. She is the best dog ever. I always say I could leave Kyle home alone with her and she would be a better babysitter than the girl down teh street. Twice he has gone out the front door without her and she has raised hell until we found him (it didn't take long). She goes down the stairs one step in front of him. She crys if she is out of arms reach of him. I was looking through pictures and realize there aren't many of them without her right by his side.

Tarrah thats wonderful. Beautiful son and his dog.

Thank you for sharing that with us

Kyle you are a cool son~
You are a lucky little boy to have your mama for your mama
Your mama is a very lucky mama to have you for her son
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=randtbrown;15425535]
Quote:
Constance I don't know if thoses neck bones will cook alright in a crock pot. I think I would rethink that. They need to be boiled in water. It takes around and hour and a half to get them tender. Some times longer.

A crock pot will not get to the core of the stack to cook them right. I am worried they could make yall

If you put the crockpot on high the water will boil. You'll just need to cook them a long time.

Tarrah thats a wonderful idea! I don't know why I did not thik of that.
Except one thing more.
Boil the water then pour it in the crockpot with the bones......

I was just so worried they would get sick if it took too long for the pot to get hot.
I have a crock pot in here. Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing about your relationships. I find comfort in knowing it's normal to stumble along the way.

I can't blame him- I haven't been totally nice or happy to be around. About 5 years ago he was misurable, met someone at work and got emotionally involved. He actually left me. I dug my heels in and didn't walk away- I prayed a lot. I trusted God would heal us even though it didn't seem possible at the time. It took a few months, but slowly we came back together and we swore we wouldn't trade what we'd gone through for anything because it made us stronger.

Small ups and downs since then, but I still have a hard time trusting. Even though in my heart I know I can trust him, my head often rules and I start finding signs in things that only make sense in my head.

He is in a place now where he says we've just seem like two different people living two different lives. I tend to hold on too tight in these times when he really just needs some space. I smoother him because I'm afraid of losing him. Have you read Men are from mars women are from Venus? It's a great book. It talks about men being rubber bands- their intamacy levels going close and far and close and far. But you have to let them strech out for them to snap back in. I'm impatient and I don't like the process. But, I'm trying VERY hard.

He is having a hard time at work- he has a very very demanding job. We will get through it- I just don't like this part.

What is 2 things you both like AND love?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

~ No salads dont bother my B/S. I use EVOO and Bragg with the mother if I do eat a salad.
Be careful with onions they have a lot of natural sugar in them.

Now remember Dr. A meant head lettuce and a I think half a cup of loosely packed half cup, in induction. I read that to mean if one wants to lose as fast as possible watch the lettuce. It will keep you from being in deep Keto's.
I have only showed deep purple one time and it was in 76 or 77.....
I hate my 72 is packed. I knew I was making a big mistake packing it.

My dogs name are:
Cricket~ a pomfox
Gidget~ A dustmop :-)

Last edited by marylouise; 02-17-2012 at 05:41 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

I posted this on LCF's ROCK!!! thread. I posted the thread several weeks ago....

ONE MORE TIME THE LAST TIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up a buried past. I was asked the other day what was my turning point that made me start losing weight I had no real answer for her. You are giving me the real reason. The real reason I went back to LC,ONE MORE TIME, THE LAST TIME.

In 2003 I weighed close to or over 300 pounds. My mama had been diagnosed with lung cancer and she had moved in with my DH and me. I love my mama. I started cooking the way she loved to eat. In no time at all I was heavier than I had ever been in my life.

I tried to save my mama. We started going to Whole Foods in Memphis. I juiced ton's of veggies for her to drink and she started chemo. Nothing will ever change my mind to the fact for me that if she had not started the chemo I would not be sitting here telling our tale.

It is not easy for me to tell my tale, because I will never get over the loss of my mama. For those of you that have lost their mama you know the pain in my heart. The empty void you feel each and every day. The burning of my heart when I remember her voice and her smile.

I cooked anything and everything she wanted. Anyone would do the same as I did, no matter the cost to one's self. It was not hard for me to get to 300 or over. I don't know what I really weighed. I stopped getting on scales and I stopped letting my doctor weigh me.

The turning point for me was seeing pictures of my swollen body. I was so huge in the pictures I could not even see my eyes. Neck, what neck. I had the picture on here and I took it off several days ago. It's in my gallery for anyone that wants to see it. My mama and me are there too.

A very good friend of mine called me one summer day. I was in my swimming pool. She said Louie a LC store just opened up and they are having their open house. I pulled my swollen body out of the water and took off to the new LC store.

Oh my, this is hard for me to even think about so I can put it down in cyberland.

Many minutes have passed. I am watching the minutes tick away.

I can do this. I can do this. Get it together Marylouise.

I will be 61 this April. Being born in the 50s was a good time to be born. Living in this new century without mama is very hard. My heart is on fire.

Time passes. I started weighing myself again. When I got on them things, finally, I weighed 230 pounds. I was very mad at myself. I wished ten fold I had of weighed that day I started on my road, ONE MORE TIME TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Did you notice I did not say, for the last time in the paragraph before this one?

LC~ Friends this is so hard. I hope I have the courage to post my thoughts.

Once again I watched the scales fall as my swollen body started to fade and become a bad memory. One day I woke up and the scales looked back at me with a smile. I weighed 147. Mama died. I started eating wrong again. I woke up the next morning and the scales were not smiling back at me. I threw them away and buried myself {again}.

Not weighing everyday was a bad bad thing to do to myself.

Mama died Oct. 2004. I woke up again in 2011, March. Seven years later my body was swollen to a larger than life, Louie. The Christmas of 2010 I turned a blind eye to everyone taking pictures.

That following March my sister asked me to work on her computer. While I was doing that and waiting for things to update I looked at her pictures. Then BAMM there they were. Pictures of that last Christmas. The one that I had turned a blind eye to. I got the JAR of a life time.

I called her into her room. I asked her if her printer had ink. No she said it does not. I asked her to send it to my computer. She said she would. But, she has not done that, yet.

We talked and I found out she had it posted on her facebook page. I felt sick to my stomach. I got hot all over. I was in a state of shock! You PUT that picture on your facebook page. She got very quite and said yes Marylouise I did. Later I found out my DIL had posted some of her Christmas pix on her facebook page too. A little part of me died that day and I looked around for my ROCK to hide under. It was gone.

My sister went and got new digital scales and it took me several weeks to get on them. The weight of my swollen body is of no importance. What is important is, I finally had the courage to get on the scales and they did NOT smile back at me.

Fast forward to today and I have an answer to someone that has asked, DO YOU WEIGH EVERYDAY?

My answer is, I have forgot how very important that Q is. I did weigh this week and I found out I was 4 pounds lighter than I was the last time I weighed. The second week in January was the last time I had weighed before this week. I stopped weighing because I had a couple slip~ups.

I was making my DH banana puddings. He was almost eatin them everyday. I did slip up on one of them and lick it off my finger. I told my DH this was very dangerous. Me making them for him, had me almost to the edge of my cliff. Almost to getting off this road, ONE MORE TIME!

He asked me to make another one, knowing how I was playing with FIRE. The pull of SUGAR is hard. We have been living this life together for 43 years. He knew how hard this was for me. The pull of the sugar was too strong for him, to not ask for, another one.

Okay I made him one more. after the deed was done I got him a plate. He said no I want to wait till it cools off. I said it's not hot, its just right. I knew what I was doing. I had a plan. I knew how to stop him from asking for another BOWL OF SUGAR!

I handed him a heavy plate of pudding. He took a bite. He took another bite. He smiled and said, this is the best I have ever ate. I said yea I know.

I turned and got a huge tablespoon from the drawer. I turned back to face him. I smiled. He said what are you doing? I did not answer him. Instead I dove that spoon deep into the velvet banana pudding. I smiled at him and opened wide. OH the feel of that velvet was a welcome home sign to me. home Marylouise!!! He hollered, trying to stop me from putting that huge bite in my mouth. He said you can not eat that! What about your blood sugar? I had a fridge full of insulin. I wasn't worried about my B/S!

My plan backfired on me. He STILL ask for another one. I said NO!!! No more. I told him if he had to have another one I would stand with him and show him how, but I said NO I will not make you another bowl of poison. I meant that too. He said okay I will do it.

He never has asked me to make him another one or asked me to show him how to do it.

It took the hardest fight I have even fought to get back on this road of losing! The craving after that bite almost done me in. I had to use every trick I knew to get the sugar out of my blood stream! But I WON!!!!!!

I had not been weighing. I was scared to get on them dreaded scales. This week I have finally started losing again. I have lost 4 pounds and I am back on my road trying to find myself yet another, ONE MORE TIME THE LAST TIME!

It is the last time for me. It's the last time because if I regain the same 100 pounds I will die. My heart will fail and I will die..................................

WEIGH EVERYDAY! TO NOT WEIGH EVERYDAY IS VERY DANGEROUS

THINK THIN THOUGHTS
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS

marylouise
View Public Profile
Send a private message to marylouise
Find More Posts by marylouise

02-18-2012, 11:56 AM #40
marylouise
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 280/165/155~~61 yrs. young :-)
WOE: VLC 4 LIFE & Luvin LCFs :-)I'm eating every word!

I do hope this is an answer to your Q.
It is very true, not weighing everyday is very dangerous......
Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tarrah, Thanks so much for sharing the pics. Your son is adorable; your dog is cute, too. I have always wanted a dog like that for my children, but even with a newfoundland and different kind of bulldogs, mastiffs, a scottie and a boxer (all at diff times), it never happened. It must be that I'm not very good at raising them. My daughter is very jealous of our mastiff and the older children don't want dogs even though they were raised with them. I blame it on my husband--he never really liked dogs-just cats. I just love that your dog is so protective--that is so sweet. It makes me want a goldendoodle, but I'm afraid it wouldn't happen.

We used to have a golden across the street many years ago. I remember fondly how he'd come over to my son's sandbox and steal his toys. It was so sweet, really.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

We've been busy all day, so I haven't had a chance to check in. We're getting ready to eat dinner and all that, so I'll try to check in tomorrow and report on my neckbones! Mary Louise, that's an amazing thing you shared. Really! I felt so privileged to read it.

Is your sister thin? My sister is and I've always felt funny about it. I was the only overweight person in my family. I have cousins who are/were as overweight as I, but none of my aunts, grandparents, or parents had the problem. I have heard my sister refer to herself as the pretty sister--it hurt! I've even seen her snidely laughing about my appearance with her children and other relatives...shudder, shudder. I have forgiven her in my heart and moved on; I guess she needed to feel superior. So sad when family is like that. Not that you have this problem with your sister, but weight is hard.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We all have so much in common re husbands and building trust again. Very hard, but very important.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Contance we are all sisters. No my sister is not thin. We stay pretty much the same with each other. I am so sorry you and your sister ....well I don't know how to react to your words about her talking behind your back right in front of you.

I left my home. I left my sons. I did it all to save my baby sister's life. My sweet babe moved a hundred miles away with me for me and for her and cared for her just like she was his blood sister. I guess after lovin each other for so long she is his sister and blood matters not.

Oh me it is 4am....

When yall have time check out the LCFs Rock thread, please.
Sweet thin dreams
see ya'll in the sunshine.
Translations I miss you.
Auntie Em I miss you too.
I can't help it, but I still feel like I ran you two from ya'lls thread..... :-(
That was not my intentions.
I miss both of you and I hope both of you are doing good!
ml

Last edited by marylouise; 02-19-2012 at 02:29 AM..
Old 02-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

I am trying my best to get the other pix in my sig. I am having so much trouble. I know how to do it. I don't understand why I can not do it. :-(
Old 02-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

WHY DO I OVEREAT?
WHY DO I OVEREAT?
WHY DO I OVEREAT?
WHY DO I OVEREAT?

WHY DO I EAT LIKE I AM EATING MY LAST MEAL?

I THINK I KNOW BUT SHE WANT TELL ME.

WHY IN THE WORLD IS SWEET CHOCOLATE SO IMPORTANT TO ME?

I AM ON A JOURNEY TO FIND OUT WHY, SO I CAN FIX THE PART OF ME THAT IS BROKEN. A BIGGER Q. IS~~ WILL I HAVE ENOUGH GLUE TO STICK THE BROKEN PIECES BACK TOGETHER AGAIN? AND, I HAVE TO BE BROKE BECAUSE IF I WASN'T I WOULD NOT OVEREAT, RIGHT?

It does make me mad that I can't eat the way I want to. Mad at no one but myself. I sure have been hard on my body.
So why do I overeat?
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Can I join in? The M/E thread I was on kind of died out. I started M/E last Monday to try to jump start my loss, lost 3.8 pounds. Want to do another week since my birthday is on the 28th and I know my 13 year old is putting a huge effort into making me a super chocolate cake (non lc) so I want to go full force, take that day off and eat some, then M/E until I get under 300. Right now I'm 338.4 which a month ago, this scale just read "E". So I lost at least 12 pounds so far.