Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricapers View Post
Haha - I have that coming in on my order - anxious to try it. I could not wait so I bought some at the supermarket. 54 oz for like $24 or so Netrition has a gallon tub of it for $60 something.

"My coconut mana is nutiva"

Re neck bones, - yes... kinda like a cross between a country rib and a turkey neck - ya know - good - but close to the bone. I have to go to save a lot.

Have a great day

Did you find some that smells like CO in a reg. store like walmart?????
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Did you find some that smells like CO in a reg. store like walmart?????

I never looked before - just researched CO a bit and found Nutiva's the one I wanted and we have it here at Publix - but that's after I ordered at The Vitamin Shoppe. Just was on that site and they have a large assortment of facts and recipes for this CO.
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

"I LOVE YOUR NEW LOUNGE CHAIR"

hehe - I change avis a lot - thanks, it is kinda cute huh?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

JC wonderful NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrowe1 View Post
HI Everyone, so since my last post i've cut out atkins products and artificial sweeteners and look, poof, down 3 lbs!!
wooohoooo!!!
So, for this second week i'm going to keep that going. Maybe the artificial sweeteners (i was having crystal light, sugar free gum and mints) caused the slow moving.

I feel awesome though!! Working out, I don't get that dizzy feeling that I've gotten many times on a carb loving diet. Not sure why but.. Its awesome.
Thanks for all your help everyone!
Have a great weekend!
THATS GREAT!!!

We Are making the WORLD lighter!!!

Sugar free gum? oh~ Well do I gota okdokie it's in trash....
Atkin bars????? OH no I will go nutsme want my bars...How will I stop eating them...They are so good....I really like them....well I will think on this.... Yea I'm gona be Without my BARS....

KIDDING...But I will 4 sure think about it~~~ that's a hard one....

Its good you aren't gettiing dizzy anymore. It could have been your B/S. Blood sugar is a funny thing. Too high feel like crud. Too low you feel like crud. Got to find that happy spot!
I am able to spot a low. Mine has been low, if I eat something and I start shaking on the inside. Been doing it now 4 many years...Just a thought...
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Has anyone kept count on how many lbs we have lost this week for a grand total at week~end?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
You could replace the atkins bars with coconut butter It's a tasty treat- feels like a fudge almost- a little sweet. WAY less carbs AND 65% coconut oil!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone kept count on how many lbs we have lost this week for a grand total at week~end?

I didn't know that was done - I'm down four since Monday - quick before it goes back up - haha.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
So are the neck bones like a rib? Like you eat the meat and throw away the bone?

And I hear you about the coconut oil......I got some called Louanna (brand). It is solid, very white, no coconut taste or smell (it say 100% pure coconut oil??). I cook with it, but couldn't eat it. Or put it in my coffee- I can try that- but it would seem like putting a spoon of crisco in my perfectly yummy coffee!

So my questions:

1. WHat brand do you use?
2. Does yours smell/taste like coconut?
3. How do you eat it (other than in coffee)?

I have the coconut mana- 65% coconut oil and the rest raw coconut flesh. It has a little protein and fiber in in- 1 carb. I eat 1 tbs of that a day. I could probably add in a little more melted coconut oil and up the 65% in my portion........ I'll try that this weekend.

I have had both kinds. The one I can get now is the LouAna. The Nu-brand is very good. It is wonderful. But in coffee I can't tell a huge difference. The N kind is lighter. Both shine like gold flakes in the sun. I call it my cup of liq. gold.....and the co taste is divine in the good brand
I'm really need info on why not refined~~~

What other ways can it be used.
Make a cake for family melted co instead of veg. oil.Taste the veg. oil. I bet you can't drink it in your coffee.
The uses are endless

I have 3 oils in this bus. Coconut oil, EVOO, and Butter. I'm getting a goat. I really am......I had them before.

I have had lots of critters.
In 1976 I even had my very own pet shoppe...
Animals and I get along just fine....
Getting Black Rock Chickens too! They are double yolkers....
Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

~~~~ CAPRI THAT'S GREAT~~~~

Quote:
I didn't know that was done - I'm down four since Monday - quick before it goes back up - haha.

YOU HAVE LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golly do I know this or did it slip past me???

Oh my gosh.....

I just went back and looked. I didn't see where you posted a lost of 4 POUNDS!

CONGRAUTIONS!

TODAY IS A VERY VERY GREAT DAY!!!!!

No one does it. But it sounds like a fun thing to do....

Ok I will hurry and do the count....So is it gona be from Friday to Friday...sounds good to me..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HAHAHAHA- I'm down 2.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You could replace the atkins bars with coconut butter It's a tasty treat- feels like a fudge almost- a little sweet. WAY less carbs AND 65% coconut oil!

I don't think I can get CO butter.....

Tell me the way you made it and I will try it with the CO I have. I do have the dark herserys cocoa. I made it one time last year. Many many months ago. It was not good. Please step it out for me. I will try it again....
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick sketch as to why unrefined may be better for many. Now, in fairness I have read on one occasion that CO may be an issue as far as triglycerides and HDL for some - I only saw that one comment and have not researched it further. I've seen lots more stating the opposite - that it lowers Tri, LDL and raises HDL. I don't need help hiking up my Tri number - thankyouverymuch. However, overall the CO sounds like just the thing needed for what I'm doing now and beyond. Next, will be exploring chia and hemp seeds. If anyone has experience - please share. CO can be put into smoothies too - uummm pina colada type.

"Nutrients
Unrefined coconut oil offers a pure dose of lauric acid, which has antiviral and antibacterial properties, says Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., F.A.C.N., on Coconutoil.com. Unrefined, organic coconut oil ensures a purer delivery of this acid. In addition, lauric acid is found in breastmilk making unrefined coconut oil an important ingredient in baby formula. Many of the antioxidants present in coconut oil are more available in unrefined versions says the College of Agriculture at the Univeristy of the Phillipines Los Banos."

"Belly Fat
Despite its saturated fat content, unrefined, organic coconut oil may contribute to a slimmer midsection. In a study published in a 2009 issue of the journal Lipids, researchers had 40 overweight women consume 30 ml of either soy bean oil or coconut oil daily in addition to a low-calorie diet and light exercise. After 12 weeks, those consuming coconut oil experienced a decreased waist size and no adverse affects on their cholesterol levels."

Read more: Benefits Of Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 02-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

I finally have all my pix moved to this account. Now I can add pix to Gallery and put maybe one or two in my sig.

Thats what I was doing when yall all came on line together. Well not everyone is here...

Auntie Em where are you????

Translations is your head giving you a reprieve????

Anyone I left out me sorry...
Hello world met the new lighter LCF women!!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

"I just went back and looked. I didn't see where you posted a lost of 4 POUNDS!"

TY!

Blush~ I've been changing my details daily and there is a thread I've started posting the daily/monthly on - something something keep track something - hahah - vague right? I just depend on my subscriptions list or what is in my User Control Panel or I could never find my way back - it's a maze of a bajillion threads 'round here - that's a very good thing too.

I want to go to Onederland - and soon!!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

count pounds

Quote:
HAHAHAHA- I'm down 2.
Tarrah can you go back and do the count? Want to say from Friday to Friday....is that ok?

I lost 4...

Last edited by marylouise; 02-17-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
"I just went back and looked. I didn't see where you posted a lost of 4 POUNDS!"

TY!

Blush~ I've been changing my details daily and there is a thread I've started posting the daily/monthly on - something something keep track something - hahah - vague right? I just depend on my subscriptions list or what is in my User Control Panel or I could never find my way back - it's a maze of a bajillion threads 'round here - that's a very good thing too.

I want to go to Onederland - and soon!!

Go get some more fattie~ meatie~ bones at save a lot and who know you may lose 3~5~7 next week. I have mostly ate fattie meat this week. And of course the star of the show COCONUT OIL!

Beside buying stock in neck bones we need to buy stock in toilet paper.

And yea throw away the bones. Someone asked, don't recall who....

And don't forget to skim off the top after it is boiling. You will want to do that.... they have a great taste. The fattier meatier ones have best taste

Capri ya gona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {1}
Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I don't think I can get CO butter.....

Tell me the way you made it and I will try it with the CO I have. I do have the dark herserys cocoa. I made it one time last year. Many many months ago. It was not good. Please step it out for me. I will try it again....
I get the coconut butter/coconut mana (same thing) at Whole Foods. Or you could order it online. I melt it and put 1 tbs in a mini muffin tin- then pop it out once it hardens and eat it. YUMMMMMMY

I tried coconut bark- coconut oil, coco powder and splenda. It was ok- but when I used liquid splenda (to cut carbs) it wasn't as good. After you consider the carbs in the coconut powder and splenda- the coconut butter is less in total carbs- and is better for you (with protein and fiber). It's also very filling in your belly!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tarrah can you go back and do the count? Want to say from Friday to Friday....is that ok?

I lost 4...

Hot Dog Missy! You lost four - keeping that under your hat? Way to go (WTG!)

Those first two packs - gave up I'd say a loosely packed six cups of meat. So, I'll need to buy 'em elsewhere. That's about $10.00 for the two packs - not too bad - but as it mostly went to bones... Save a lot here I come.

I've just been one to avoid fat - well eating it lol. It's so hard to get my head around that this is good for you. I hate to think what I may be doing to me body with all the animal fat.

All my life I heard stay away from that and eat more veg. Then there's the daily eggs - oy vey! Hope I don't keel over from a heart attack before the skinny gets here I have to have greens. I bought two bunches of gorgeous kale yesterday that I will make into kale chips (LOVE) and then 1/2 of one will cook with a big huge ham bone I have and 1/2 gets turned into raw kale salad.

Watch these vids for how tos - I've made both and yummo! Right now no carbby things like raisins though. I use a saltless cajun seasoning on the baked - just very lightly.

Kale Chips - YouTube -- kale chips

Raw Kale Avocado Salad #87 - YouTube -- raw kale salad
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I get the coconut butter/coconut mana (same thing) at Whole Foods. Or you could order it online. I melt it and put 1 tbs in a mini muffin tin- then pop it out once it hardens and eat it. YUMMMMMMY

I tried coconut bark- coconut oil, coco powder and splenda. It was ok- but when I used liquid splenda (to cut carbs) it wasn't as good. After you consider the carbs in the coconut powder and splenda- the coconut butter is less in total carbs- and is better for you (with protein and fiber). It's also very filling in your belly!

Shoot - now you have me thinking about dark chocolate Sounds very doable though - lol.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

"Beside buying stock in neck bones we need to buy stock in toilet paper."

Oh good - then it's not just me.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

16 pounds

Quote:

I counted 16. Did anyone else do a count. You know we have made the earth lighter. And LIFE is sooooo much better when one weighs less than there partner.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

we have all been told fat is bad!

Quote:
Hot Dog Missy! You lost four - keeping that under your hat? Way to go (WTG!)

Those first two packs - gave up I'd say a loosely packed six cups of meat. So, I'll need to buy 'em elsewhere. That's about $10.00 for the two packs - not too bad - but as it mostly went to bones... Save a lot here I come.

I've just been one to avoid fat - well eating it lol. It's so hard to get my head around that this is good for you. I hate to think what I may be doing to me body with all the animal fat.

All my life I heard stay away from that and eat more veg. Then there's the daily eggs - oy vey! Hope I don't keel over from a heart attack before the skinny gets here I have to have greens. I bought two bunches of gorgeous kale yesterday that I will make into kale chips (LOVE) and then 1/2 of one will cook with a big huge ham bone I have and 1/2 gets turned into raw kale salad.

Watch these vids for how tos - I've made both and yummo! Right now no carbby things like raisins though. I use a saltless cajun seasoning on the baked - just very lightly.

Kale Chips - YouTube -- kale chips

Raw Kale Avocado Salad #87 - YouTube -- raw kale salad

You have mad me laugh more today than I have all week

Sometimes my DH looks over at me and he has the strangest look on his face. Sometimes I listen to music with headphones when I am here and he thinks I have went boonkers when I start laughing

Make sure double sure that season does not have hidden sugar. MINE did!

Oh throw that sauce out, I member u sayin something bout it being in frezzer?

I love Kale chips. But doing no veggies till I get to 150 or 140 or 130 or 120 or 110~~~LOUIE U DREAMING

Dr. OZ STOLE ATKINS WORDS.......

I JUST SEND TODAY HE GONA TALK ABOUT HOW TO TURN YOUR BODY INTO A BURNING MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I thounght I told him to go graze on grain
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

"Oh throw that sauce out, I member u sayin something bout it being in frezzer?"

In the other frig. We like that Sonny's BBQ sauce. So, when i get to whatever - we'll get back into it - so good on crock pot pork butt. Pulled pork in fact.

So, you eat no veg at all? You are living the title of the thread - I took some of that neck meat and rolled it up in lettuce leaves with a lil Newman's Italian for lunch - OH baby!

Don't know how tall you are - but if I were 160 something - I'd be living large. It seems so tiny from where I am right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
So many posts to respond to, so much good news on the weight loss front. So happy to be hear.
Maybe we should keep a weekly list of weight loss with our names? Would that be inspirational?

I use whatever coconut oil I can find. I prefer the cold-pressed, unrefined,nor processed in any way. That said, I cook with Louanna. We made our Christmas cookies with the Louanna oil instead of shortening. I use the coconut oil in warm water or tea. Sometimes I make the coconut bark without any sweetening fake or real, and I like it, but I think I like it too much. I can eat it all, and even though it's high fat, I still gain weight.

Someone asked about books--there are so many wonderful ones that explain the science. Taubes, who is a science reporter, wrote Good Calories, Bad Calories and Why We Get Fat. I had a difficult time with GCBC, but I loved Why We Get Fat. I also loved the Atkins ' 72 book. A book I just recently read was "The Art and Science of Low Carb Living" by two of the same people who wrote the newest Atkins book. I tend to distrust the new Atkins book, but there's very good advice in "The Art and Science" book. Auntie Em has a link to a very early and enjoyable low carb book called Strong Medicine. I loved the book--it was written in 1961. All of these books more or less explain the science behind low carb in an easy way. They also explain how low fat became popular. I love to collect diet books--but it hasn't caused me to lose weight!

Capri--You sly thing you--why didn't you tell us you lost 4 lbs? That's terrific. I need to learn to you the smileys--all of y'all are doing so great!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[B]"
!

Don't know how tall you are - but if I were 160 something - I'd be living large. It seems so tiny from where I am right now.
Yeah, but you are so tall. I'm just 5'2" and weigh 164. It's better than the alternative, but it still puts me in either just obese or very overweight at ******.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
:

And yea throw away the bones. Someone asked, don't recall who....

And don't forget to skim off the top after it is boiling. You will want to do that.... they have a great taste. The fattier meatier ones have best taste

Capri ya gona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {1}
That would most likely be me, Mary Louise, as I am very cooking-challenged. I'm spoiled, I guess, by my husband who loves to cook. Sometimes he's a bit too liberal with the sauces (he was shocked to find that bbq sauce had carbs in it), so I make my own meat. We're looking for neck bones this afternoon! You should hurry up and buy that stock.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

So, Capri, what's in the Sonny's bbq sauce? When we were in NC (pork heaven, let me tell you) we found Mel's that didn't have any carbs other than vinegar, I think. Everything up here in Delaware is tomato based, and even the one that doesn't have sugar, has carbs.

We kind of use our own vinegar and hot pepper and spices when we make pork butt--umm talk about fat.

But, sadly, I don't really like pork unless it's seasoned. I like the fat, but not the meat. I love seasoned pork, but alone, it's like chicken breast. For instance, pork loins--yuck, unless you manage to tear the meat up, and cook in lots of oil with vinegar and spices.
I'm the only one of my family that likes the pork cooked in coconut oil.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You have mad me laugh more today than I h But doing no veggies till I get to 150 or 140 or 130 or 120 or 110~~~LOUIE U DREAMING

You are so not dreaming. You will definitely get there--wherever you want. I bet 110 or even 120 is too thin for you. Wasn't it Jayne Mansfield that said at a certain age, we have to decide between or face or our rear end. My face already looks bad enough at 164. I think I'm going for 130. I might have some veggies-- at least salad. Does that cause an insulin response for you?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

My husband just brought home pork neckbones! I'm going to try it, ML. Do you have any more pointers for how to make it? How exciting!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Whoot! Found the pork neck bones at my Super Walmart and bought the remaining two packs (must be popular?) One of the packs is rinsed and cooking. Meaty morsels - look so yummy. We'll try 'em plain and then maybe just maybe with a flirt of cajun seasoning glanced their way - we'll see. I think they were like four pounds for four dollars and change or the like - can't say fairer than that. $1.28 a pound. There's a thread or two about LC and budgeting on a tight shoestring - they may need to know about this.

Thanks for the head's up marylouise
Capri--have you tried them with the cajun seasoning yet? It looks like they'd be better that way. Ours were $1.99 a lb, so you got a bargain.