Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
I am so sorry 4 the double post, it was not on purpose

I think I just found out why I lost that post earlier. I accidently hit the Esc key. I see double post....

Tarrah its good you still have them sweet things. Your skin will thank you when you are 60.

Yea it happened to me to. We both are blessed with our sons we do have. And I know you agree. I didn't do too good when it happened to me. I wanted a Walton family.

Check this out:

A woman was teaching a man to dance and a man was teaching a woman to dance. One over heard the other say a woman always leads to her right. The other one said why. Well she said because a woman is always right!

Tarrah dont be concerend as to how much you eat.

I eat till I no longer want anymore.
Its what you eat that is important.
You have to be eating something you are not privie to the ingred.
It can not be anything else................
Or you are not eating enough.................
If one does not eat enough your body will say to its self. Self shut that burn down this body is starving here........................

Last edited by marylouise; 02-16-2012 at 03:38 PM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
I lost a pound! Feels a little disappointing as it was a pound I had just gained, but I'm going to be positive about it. I wish I had the confidence just to throw away the scale as I've seen so many do and go by my clothes. But then I wouldn't have the fun of watching the scale go down, right?

Mary L, thanks for the list. I will print it out. It's good you have the medication for your little dog. So scary when that happens. When was the pic (the "big" one) taken? You really have had an amazing transformation. Funny that your son didn't remember, but so good, because I hope it means everyone forgot me at my highest weight.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's losses.

Yesterday I ate lots of coconut oil, eggs, salmon, 3 tsp. cream, a little vinegar, and espresso. My total was just about 1000 cals with 80% fat. I'd like to stop counting the ratios and just trust the process as y'all seem to do. I will try.....

Everyone keep up the good work.
I was answering your post when and I lost it. I am going to rewrite it as soon as I can.

We are cramped up in this bus. It's a 1948 silver side grey hound. The use to make them small. The only thing we need in here is ROOM

I have to cook. I have one burner and a very small hot air oven. Takes me some time to do thigs but the do get done.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

I could not stand to look at myself at that weight. It was depressing me instead of helping me. I thought it would help. I need to dig that shirt out and start a fire with it. I bet it would roast a few hot dogs :-(
Old 02-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Whoot! Found the pork neck bones at my Super Walmart and bought the remaining two packs (must be popular?) One of the packs is rinsed and cooking. Meaty morsels - look so yummy. We'll try 'em plain and then maybe just maybe with a flirt of cajun seasoning glanced their way - we'll see. I think they were like four pounds for four dollars and change or the like - can't say fairer than that. $1.28 a pound. There's a thread or two about LC and budgeting on a tight shoestring - they may need to know about this.

Thanks for the head's up marylouise
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricapers View Post
Whoot! Found the pork neck bones at my Super Walmart and bought the remaining two packs (must be popular?) One of the packs is rinsed and cooking. Meaty morsels - look so yummy. We'll try 'em plain and then maybe just maybe with a flirt of cajun seasoning glanced their way - we'll see. I think they were like four pounds for four dollars and change or the like - can't say fairer than that. $1.28 a pound. There's a thread or two about LC and budgeting on a tight shoestring - they may need to know about this.

Thanks for the head's up marylouise

Well you did find them. Cook till the meat is tender. Drain the water off so they can cool down faster. After they start boiling turn them down to a slow boil and put a lid on them. I skim the top off after they come to a boil.
I'm so glad you are trying them!

I have seen the budget thread too. You posting there will be great. I bet they will love them too! I have not thought about that
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Uuumm K - I will send word that way - mind of I just copy some of your passages? I'll mention this thread and your name - I'm just the messenger here.

That method of cooking is just what I did/am doing. Tasted some already - and as boney as they are - the meat that is there is yummo. Do you just sorta eat them out of hand? Looks to be the best way - I mean if a person had patience they could whittle that off for stir fries or whatever. Must not think about the gallon jug of Sonny's BBQ sauce in the laundry room frig... lol.

"Well you did find them. Cook till the meat is tender. Drain the water off so they can cool down faster. After they start boiling turn them down to a slow boil and put a lid on them. I skim the top off after they come to a boil.

I have seen the budget thread too. You posting there will be great. I bet they will love them too! I have not thought about that."

Awww - you took fluffy marylouise down. It was astounding in the difference!! Funny how we look so much younger lighter.

Last edited by capricapers; 02-16-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

The pix was making me sick to my stomach
No I don't mind one bit what you use that I have said or will say :-)
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
The pix was making me sick to my stomach
No I don't mind one bit what you use that I have said or will say :-)
OK, great - I will make it a project to go back through and glean out some choice bits an ddrop it on that thread - it's good info that needs sharing like your 'Gold Mine List' I will call it!

I can understand how you feel about your old pic. Why be reminded of her when she is someone you will never see again an didn't miss her when she left - lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Uuumm K - I will send word that way - mind of I just copy some of your passages? I'll mention this thread and your name - I'm just the messenger here.

That method of cooking is just what I did/am doing. Tasted some already - and as boney as they are - the meat that is there is yummo. Do you just sorta eat them out of hand? Looks to be the best way - I mean if a person had patience they could whittle that off for stir fries or whatever. Must not think about the gallon jug of Sonny's BBQ sauce in the laundry room frig... lol.

"Well you did find them. Cook till the meat is tender. Drain the water off so they can cool down faster. After they start boiling turn them down to a slow boil and put a lid on them. I skim the top off after they come to a boil.

I have seen the budget thread too. You posting there will be great. I bet they will love them too! I have not thought about that."

Awww - you took fluffy marylouise down. It was astounding in the difference!! Funny how we look so much younger lighter.

Capri~ You put a smile on my face. I bet you are the one thats a blast to be around!!! Fluffy marylouise~~~ thats so much nicer than what I call myself!

The ones you got at Walmart have been shaved to the bone. I have looked at them at Walmart before. I found a store in town that caters to folks of different taste. I get mine at Save A Lot. Do you have one where you live? Big Star also has them with more meat on them bones.

Yep I just pick the meat off with my fingers. All of us love them. My youngest son was here last night. He loves them too!
Take care to only taste them when they are done, being pork you know. I wouldn't want you getting sick because of me......

Do you think I was wrong to take the pix down??
Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK, great - I will make it a project to go back through and glean out some choice bits an ddrop it on that thread - it's good info that needs sharing like your 'Gold Mine List' I will call it!

I can understand how you feel about your old pic. Why be reminded of her when she is someone you will never see again an didn't miss her when she left - lol.

Gold Mine List~~ Cool.

I'm glad you understand about the picture. And no I for sure don't miss that other woman!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Capri dont say the A word. A woman once let me know I was wrong to claim Atkins put that list out. I found it here. I know I could go back and find her but I never saw any reason to. The first time I posted it I gave her the thanks for posting it. It's a good list and yes it is a Gold Mine List.
My old thread was something like 68/72.......Its still in the low carb section of LCF.........

It was in mag. in the late 60......

Last edited by marylouise; 02-16-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Capri~ You put a smile on my face. I bet you are the one thats a blast to be around!!! Fluffy marylouise~~~ thats so much nicer than what I call myself!

The ones you got at Walmart have been shaved to the bone. I have looked at them at Walmart before. I found a store in town that caters to folks of different taste. I get mine at Save A Lot. Do you have one where you live? Big Star also has them with more meat on them bones.

Yep I just pick the meat off with my fingers. All of us love them. My youngest son was here last night. He loves them too!
Take care to only taste them when they are done, being pork you know. I wouldn't want you getting sick because of me......

Do you think I was wrong to take the pix down??
Not in the least Hun - it's about what you want after all as this is your journal of sorts. No, if she is not what you want to see - leave her in the dark. Long gone but not forgotten, heck, when I get to where I used to be - I won't want to see fluffy me (unless the scale is creeping back up) - then I'll plaster my self all over the kitchen with unflattering pics.

Just nine years ago I was in size six jeans - don't know if I'll get back there (have them still) we'll just have to see. I'll be happy at 159 truth be told - but may be best to push for 145 area.

Small steps, cinch by an inch I heard someone say.

I cook those all the way down to the bone and past - shudder at what someone could pick up eating raw pork. Thanks - good reminder for follow on readers. I'll have to poke around at what we have here - don't recall seing a Save A Lot or a Big Star which I had not ever heard of 'till now. Publix, Winn Dixie.

Just did a quick Google and there's plenty of Save A Lots in the area. We'll make a bee line asap.

Big Star is not in Florida. I see Harris Teeter bought some of them - like that store a lot. Used to go to the one In DC.

"The Big Star stores were self-service supermarket operations which began to replace the small full-service stores Pender's had operated up to that point. By the late 1940s the entire company had rebranded under the Colonial Stores name. The Big Star name was revived around 1968 for a new discount chain owned by Colonial; eventually all stores were closed or converted to the Big Star name. Grand Union purchased the chain in 1982. The North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia stores were sold to Harris Teeter in 1988, while the Georgia stores were sold in 1992, with most of the Atlanta locations going to Super Fresh, itself a division of A&P. These stores were heavily remodeled, but eventually sold to Kroger in 1999. Stores currently operating under the Big Star name in places like Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas were part of a franchise operation that was never connected to the Big Star chain."

OK, kiddo - CU tommorrow - have a lovely evening marylouise.

Last edited by capricapers; 02-16-2012 at 07:18 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gold Mine List~~ Cool.

I'm glad you understand about the picture. And no I for sure don't miss that other woman!
Just had to run back in -LOL at the 'other woman' that's a hoot. OK, understood re the Gold Mine List and NOT saying Atkins - some people look a gift horse in the mouth ~~ very uncool... OK - now running on Sweetie - later gater
Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay see you in the sunshine...

Nite everyone

sweet low carb dreams
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
198 this morning!!!!! I'll be back a little later to conversate.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
Y'all make me so hungry with all this talk of tender pork neck bone. We have a Save A Lot, I must go see!

Mary Louise, I believe you're right as usual about eating coconut oil and more importantly, eating until you're full. I "believe" that because it's what I've read so much in Taubes and Atkins and others. When we're full, we turn off the insulin and allow our bodies to burn the fat for fuel. Some say that if you're hungry--even if you don't indulge--your insulin goes up and you won't lose. I believe this, but I have such a hard time actually doing it.

I know I have a bad relationship with food. I think that's why the Judd diet always seemed suspect to me. I need to learn how to eat properly (for myself) not eat way too little alternating with indulging. Of course, I apologize to all Judders if I'm wrong about the diet. It seemed to me that's what it was. I already can easily cut my calories down. It's what I've done way too long. I need to just trust the process of Atkins, but it's hard.

I did lose a pound today. I had coconut oil, eggs, and lots of chicken wings.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
Tarrah--Wonderful news! You're bouncing lower and lower.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #288
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JCrowe1
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/9/12
Week 1 down- 3 lbs gone!

HI Everyone, so since my last post i've cut out atkins products and artificial sweeteners and look, poof, down 3 lbs!!
wooohoooo!!!
So, for this second week i'm going to keep that going. Maybe the artificial sweeteners (i was having crystal light, sugar free gum and mints) caused the slow moving.

I feel awesome though!! Working out, I don't get that dizzy feeling that I've gotten many times on a carb loving diet. Not sure why but.. Its awesome.
Thanks for all your help everyone!
Have a great weekend!
JCrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JCrowe1
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/9/12
yay Tarrah!

Congrats, you broke through to the 190's!!! Good work
JCrowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrowe1 View Post
HI Everyone, so since my last post i've cut out atkins products and artificial sweeteners and look, poof, down 3 lbs!!
wooohoooo!!!
So, for this second week i'm going to keep that going. Maybe the artificial sweeteners (i was having crystal light, sugar free gum and mints) caused the slow moving.

I feel awesome though!! Working out, I don't get that dizzy feeling that I've gotten many times on a carb loving diet. Not sure why but.. Its awesome.
Thanks for all your help everyone!
Have a great weekend!
Yeah for you!!!!! 3lbs is AWESOME
Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So are the neck bones like a rib? Like you eat the meat and throw away the bone?

And I hear you about the coconut oil......I got some called Louanna (brand). It is solid, very white, no coconut taste or smell (it say 100% pure coconut oil??). I cook with it, but couldn't eat it. Or put it in my coffee- I can try that- but it would seem like putting a spoon of crisco in my perfectly yummy coffee!

So my questions:

1. WHat brand do you use?
2. Does yours smell/taste like coconut?
3. How do you eat it (other than in coffee)?

I have the coconut mana- 65% coconut oil and the rest raw coconut flesh. It has a little protein and fiber in in- 1 carb. I eat 1 tbs of that a day. I could probably add in a little more melted coconut oil and up the 65% in my portion........ I'll try that this weekend.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

HAWAII HERE COMES ~TARRAH~~TARRAH~~TARRAH~TARRAH~TARRAH~TARRAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
198 this morning!!!!! I'll be back a little later to conversate.

THAT!s WONDERFUL NEWS!!!THATS FANTASIC!!!! YOU GO GIRLYOU MADE MY MORNING BRIGHTER!!!!YOU PUT A SMILE ON MY FACELIFE IS GRAND ANT IT!!!! TARRAH!!!!WORLD MET THE NEW TARRAH!!!

~TARRAH IS A ONESIE~

CHANGE YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also- I got a Kindle for vday! What LC books do you guys reccomend? I've read all of Atkins books- I've never even heard of Taubs before..... I like knowing the science behind the method.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
THAT!s WONDERFUL NEWS!!!THATS FANTASIC!!!! YOU GO GIRLYOU MADE MY MORNING BRIGHTER!!!!YOU PUT A SMILE ON MY FACELIFE IS GRAND ANT IT!!!! TARRAH!!!!WORLD MET THE NEW TARRAH!!!

~TARRAH IS A ONESIE~

CHANGE YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

For the first time since having my son- I weigh less than my DH. HEHEHEHEHEH
Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

~~~RED_TEACUP``` TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!!! YOU GO CONSTANCE~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Y'all make me so hungry with all this talk of tender pork neck bone. We have a Save A Lot, I must go see!

Mary Louise, I believe you're right as usual about eating coconut oil and more importantly, eating until you're full. I "believe" that because it's what I've read so much in Taubes and Atkins and others. When we're full, we turn off the insulin and allow our bodies to burn the fat for fuel. Some say that if you're hungry--even if you don't indulge--your insulin goes up and you won't lose. I believe this, but I have such a hard time actually doing it.

I know I have a bad relationship with food. I think that's why the Judd diet always seemed suspect to me. I need to learn how to eat properly (for myself) not eat way too little alternating with indulging. Of course, I apologize to all Judders if I'm wrong about the diet. It seemed to me that's what it was. I already can easily cut my calories down. It's what I've done way too long. I need to just trust the process of Atkins, but it's hard.

I did lose a pound today. I had coconut oil, eggs, and lots of chicken wings.
THIS IS A

CONSTANCE YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL OF YA'LL ARE A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION!!

I KNEW I HAD READ THAT WE SHOULD EAT UNTIL WE ARE FULL BUT YOU GAVE US A GREATER GIFT THAN A BOWL OF COCONUT OIL!
THANK YOU RED_TEACUP

You have a Save A Lot

we need to buy stock in save a lot....shhhhh
Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Bump

1. WHat brand do you use? Nutiva (sold here on Netrition - see the link above ^ Also was at Publix and The Vitamin Shoppe - lots of places.
2. Does yours smell/taste like coconut? Yes!!! Just like yummy coconut! Must get the unrefined. It's like the Mounds candy bar without the sweetness of sugar - I'm so impressed with it.
3. How do you eat it (other than in coffee)? Can eat by the spoon/ not my fav - but really staves off the hunger. Scramble or fry eggs, use like butter on toast (if I ever get to eat toast again - lol.) Just on and on. Where you would use olive oil, etc use CO instead - depending on taste. We did some rib eye steaks and can't say that was super as the coconuty taste was there. But on steamed broc, green beans - endless list.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My coconut mana is nutiva- I'll look for their Coconut oil. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Thanks!

For the first time since having my son- I weigh less than my DH. HEHEHEHEHEH

Its not possible to be down and depressed on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU TRANSLATIONS!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Haha - I have that coming in on my order - anxious to try it. I could not wait so I bought some at the supermarket. 54 oz for like $24 or so Netrition has a gallon tub of it for $60 something.

"My coconut mana is nutiva"

Re neck bones, - yes... kinda like a cross between a country rib and a turkey neck - ya know - good - but close to the bone. I have to go to save a lot.

Have a great day
Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Bump

1. WHat brand do you use? Nutiva (sold here on Netrition - see the link above ^ Also was at Publix and The Vitamin Shoppe - lots of places.
2. Does yours smell/taste like coconut? Yes!!! Just like yummy coconut! Must get the unrefined. It's like the Mounds candy bar without the sweetness of sugar - I'm so impressed with it.
3. How do you eat it (other than in coffee)? Can eat by the spoon/ not my fav - but really staves off the hunger. Scramble or fry eggs, use like butter on toast (if I ever get to eat toast again - lol.) Just on and on. Where you would use olive oil, etc use CO instead - depending on taste. We did some rib eye steaks and can't say that was super as the coconuty taste was there. But on steamed broc, green beans - endless list.

I LOVE YOUR NEW LOUNGE CHAIR

Oh Me I forgot about that. I only have LouAna. I know its refined I think. Q. Is it just the taste or is it the refined?