Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bearcubsden
Hi!

Menu:
B - Ezekiel bread w/almond butter
S - Melba w/ almond butter
L - Flat-out wrap w/ cheese, 1/2 c black beans and ranch dressing
S - Chewy granola bar (Russell Stover's SF)
D - 2 Fried cheese and 20 cheez-it's

Have a good weekend everyone! Liz
bearcubsden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SparkysBrat
Stats: 245/230/140
WOE: Low Carb my own way
Start Date: January 13th, 2011
Ok...Here was my menu yesterday....damn I was hungry

B--A few chicken strips with blue cheese
L--3 string cheeses (we were on the road)
D-Chicken breast with ham and provolone cheese melted on top, mayo, and a side of zuchinni and butter
Snacks--A handful of nuts, cheddar cheese and pepperoni

I think I am going to have to cut out the nuts and not so much cheese lol.

Heres my menu for today

B--Decaf coffee with a little heavy cream and splenda, 3 bacon strips, scrambled eggs with butter
L--Chicken breast and cucumber salad with mayo and cheddar cheese
D--Hamburger Patty with a slice of cheese and mayo and mustard
Snacks--pepperoni, 2 sf werthers

Does this menu look like im doing ok? Any changes you would make? I know I def have to drink more water, and I filled my fridge last night with it. I lost 50 lbs on atkins before, and somehow have maintained my weight, but now I am ready to get the rest off......going to the beach for my birthday.....do you guys think that 160 by then would be an ok goal? (my birthday is July 26th)
SparkysBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Menu:
B - Fried cheese and string cheese
L - Flat-out wrap w/ black beans, cheese and ranch
S Chew Granola (SF)
D - Flat-out wrap w/ SW chicken, broccoli, cheese and sm amount of black beans
S - Fried cheese and doritos
I'm doing The Belly Fat Cure my counts are 6/6 fiber 35 1/2.

Exercise 25 min on treadmill

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Liz
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LatinLover
Stats: 197.5/183.1/155
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: January 2012
Hello all! I would like to join your group! Started a Biggest Loser Contest at work and lost 10 lbs. last week. Woo hoo! Low carb is the only way I can lose weight. Nothing else works! I am eating lots of recipes from this site. It's awesome to have this resource! Anyway,...my name is Lisa. I am a teacher in Kentucky. I am married to a wonderful man, and we have a 16 year old son. I weighed 187.2 on Thursday when we weighed at school, down from 197.5 the previous week. I've never been able to break 170, but I've set my goal at 155 lbs, which should put me into a comfy size 8. Never been there before! Hubby and I leave for Aruba in 8 days, so not much time to do much good before then; however, I'd like to look decent in a swimsuit by May. I've never posted anything online. This is the first time. I hope I do everything right!

Last edited by LatinLover; 01-16-2012 at 05:41 PM..
LatinLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Lisa -

Menu:
B 2 Slice Ezekiel bread w/ almond butter
S - String cheese
L - Flatout wrap w/ black beans, cheese and ranch
S - String cheese and chewy granola (SF)
D - 2 cheddar brats and 12 sea chips
The Belly Fat Cure total is 5/6 31 fiber

Exercise - 30 min treadmill

Have a good night! Liz
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Thanks bearcubsden! Where do you get Ezekiel bread?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Morning all!! I'm down to 193.2!!! Not a lot but its 1.5 lbs lost in 4 days so to me its great. I'd like to get down to 180 by Feb 22 nd. I am feeling so great that I think I will incorporated some exercise now. Walking my dog sounds like a good way to start LOL. What's everyone's plans for today?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Ok sorry I have been missing for a few days just been so busy. Have stayed on plan for the most part though but still need to pick it up on the exercise front.

Was trying to do the 30 day shredd but I think it might kill me. I will try again tonight though. I do however love my Wii Zumba so I should make a point of doing that.

Food is good since I follow a WW program and not my strict Weightloss clinic it seems very easy. I am down to 197 this week so I can't wait for Friday to see if even lower than last weeks 200.

Have a great day every one and I hope we can all stick to our plans!

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Soka
Stats: 270/258/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan '12
Good morning everyone. I'm having a veggie omelet and pot roast for breakfast. For dinner I'll have more pot roast and mash potato style cauliflower. Have a great day!
Soka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. I'm having a veggie omelet and pot roast for breakfast. For dinner I'll have more pot roast and mash potato style cauliflower. Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I finished reading The Help, and then watched the movie. VERY good read and watch!

I wasn't sure how the weekend was going, I allowed myself a fatty lc splurge:

ordered a mega meat pizza, scraped the toppings and cheese into a bowl, threw the crust in the trash. Dipped each bite in a lil bit of ranch- my relationship with that meal was sinful!

But this morning after 3 days in jammie pants, my work slacks feel roomy...

My menu today:

B: 2 turkey sausage patties and a lo-carb monster (or 2...)
L: meatballs, cheese, few slices of salami
D: Tilapia with a spoonful of Tikka Masala sauce drizzled on top, and a buffalo wing or 2.

Hope everyone has a great day!
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilredinpink
Stats: 190/185/150
Great Idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
Make a game out of drinking the water, it helps at first and you need that water! Right now i'm sitting at my desk and as soon as I finish typing this one line, i'm going to take 5 big gulps of water.... 1,2,3,4,5... and so on and so forth... it gets the water in, and eventually chuggaluggin' becomes 2nd nature if there is a water bottle nearby!

I am trying this at work today....keeping my fingers crossed. Coffee just tastes better than water...LOL...

Not too bad of a weekend no gain no loss...fell off the proverbial wagon a few times though. I didn't realize cutting my sugar would make me so darned cranky..UG.

lilredinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

I also find it helpful to munch on things that make you thirsty. I LOVE porkrinds, and those definitely require a few gulps after chewing. I think the coffee is still okay though, it's water based, same as tea and caffiene is a diuretic.

Some one tried to burst my bubble and tell me I'd only lost water weight so far... I told them that was impossible because I've been putting so much water right back in!

Also, if you haven't tried Mio, I highly recommend. It doesn't take much to change the flavor and though I have read others blaming Mio for a stall, I've not had that happen at all. Especially because you use so little. The sweet tea flavor is my favorite

Last edited by BlondieBlue; 01-17-2012 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Lisa - Ezekiel bread is in the health food refrigerated section. What diet are you doing? This bread is 13 carbs per slice. I'm not doing Atkins, my diet (The Belly Fat Cure ) is a lower carb diet so this bread works.

Menu:
B - 28 Smoked almonds and string cheese
S - Cheez-it's
L - Chicken mixed with black beans, cheese and ranch dressing
S - Melba and string cheese
S - Chewy granola (SF)
D - 2 Cheddar brats and doritos
Total for The Belly Fat Cure 7/6 and 21 fiber
No exercise today.

Have a good evening! Liz
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info on the bread, Bearcubsden. I see that stuff listed on many websites. Too many carbs for me!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilltryin
Stats: 160/155/135
WOE: atkins
i have been better with my exercise than my eating..
walked treadmill 30 minutes. 5 min. eliptical man thats tough

b-stuffed egg turkey sausage
s-nuts(too many)
l-turkey sausage califlower
d- salad w/avocado lettuce and cukes

we are going on vacation to fla for spring training and then a wedding back home so i am planning to work hard over the next 8 weeks to lose 15lbs by then...i am still weighing in at 158..

i have come to the conclusion that i have to exercise more..
calories in calories out seems to be the bottom line for me..
stilltryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

I can't believe I'm at a stall in week 2! I gotta figure out why... Can someone here with experience in getting out of a stall tell me what I might be doing wrong? So bummed

B: 2 eggs 1oz shredded cheese 2 slices pot roast

I wonder if it could be artificial sweeteners. Been drinkin crystal light lately.

soooooo bummed.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Good morning everyone! I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just got back to work yesterday and am so buried under, don't have much time to be on here and I don't have internet at home Welcome to all the new people!!! Love that there are so many in here! Needless to say I have not been on plan, I am a stress eater and this has been a very stressful last week. So sad saying goodbye to my Grandma, was wonderful but bittersweet seeing all my cousins and aunts I haven't seen in years, one of my cousins I hadn't seen since 1986....

Today is my day one. I didn't weight his morning, but am sure there won't be much difference tomorrow morning. I will report my weight in tomorrow. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I have weight to lose and I am going to get busy and get it lost!

Today:

B: 2 eggs
L: salad(lettuce,cheddar,bacon bits,cukes,1/2 tsp sunfl seeds, eggs,1 cauli head),ranch
D: 2 pc ham, green beans

I will try to get caught up and get to posting again every day!

Beth- I kept the chart in Excel and then just did a screen print, pasted into Paint, then saved as a .jpg file, uploaded to photobucket, then took the url and pasted into a reply here. Might be an easier way to do it??? But that's how I always did it. If you want me to e-mail you the excel sheet, message me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. Will be behind a little bit and will be missing people, but better than starting fresh.

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soka View Post
I can't believe I'm at a stall in week 2! I gotta figure out why... Can someone here with experience in getting out of a stall tell me what I might be doing wrong? So bummed

I wonder if it could be artificial sweeteners. Been drinkin crystal light lately.

soooooo bummed.

It could be the artificial sweetener... I've had that happen. Try chewing a fruity (SF) gum when you drink your water, that way you still get some flavor in there. Also- have you ever had MetroMint Water? It's amazing, no sweeteners just tasty tasty water.

When I seem to be hitting a bump with no loss, I'll do a straight meat day (tough for some, but I can survive for weeks on bacon) and up your plain water intake. Or do just a plain, boring (no frills just lettuce and as little dressing as you can manage) salad day. lunch and dinner. still with lots of water.

You'll break out of it!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

a leeettle bit frustrated, alotta bit motivated!

I know we weigh on Fridays, but I was feeling froggy- so i leapt. (i need to throw that blasted scale away) and i wasn't happy with what i saw, but i reminded myself that my clothes are feeling looser, AND my digestion seems to be challenging me... so i may be carrying around extra baggage so to speak.

I'm not changing the way I eat today, but i am going to up my water- at least 100 oz before i leave work

I also pulled my short term motivation out of the closet and laid them out in my living room: A pair of jeans that fit just perfect around 190 lbs. I wore these jeans to a concert 2 years ago, and also wore huge shoes. I tripped (but i made it look like a sexy dance) and fell on the ground, creating a TOTALL AWESOME ROCKSTAR RIP across one of the knees... not often that ruining your clothes actually makes them look better, but it did. I'm excited to get into these again, and I'm closer than I realize!!! I think once I'm in them, I'll post a picture.

What is everyone elses short term motivation/reward plans?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Im going to Flordia in Feb, and mine is to fit into these cute jeans that I could fit into about 3 months ago, before I moved to TN..About 180 lbs
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
AND my digestion seems to be challenging me... so i may be carrying around extra baggage so to speak.
when I have 'digestion' issues.....taking 1/2 a magnesium tablet works wonders, and no cramping, just helps! I do induction for long periods of time and I have IBS, so I will often taken one every other day, and if it seems like I'm going too much, will back off to every 3-4 days. But really does help. Also, eating spinach, which is a natural source of magnesium(if you like it) helps!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I just want to fit back into the clothes that I wore 6 months ago...man-o-man! I'll adjust my plans from there.......!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soka View Post

soooooo bummed.
Are you eating enough? I know that I tried to cut back too far the other day and actually went up...ate like what I thought was a pig yesterday and went down 2. I don't know but I'm liking the eating more
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It could be the artificial sweetener... I've had that happen. Try chewing a fruity (SF) gum when you drink your water, that way you still get some flavor in there. Also- have you ever had MetroMint Water? It's amazing, no sweeteners just tasty tasty water.

When I seem to be hitting a bump with no loss, I'll do a straight meat day (tough for some, but I can survive for weeks on bacon) and up your plain water intake. Or do just a plain, boring (no frills just lettuce and as little dressing as you can manage) salad day. lunch and dinner. still with lots of water.

You'll break out of it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredinpink View Post
Are you eating enough? I know that I tried to cut back too far the other day and actually went up...ate like what I thought was a pig yesterday and went down 2. I don't know but I'm liking the eating more
I have increased my water to 7 16oz bottles today. I admit I was probably at around 3 bottles. I've never been much of a gum chewer but that sounds like a nice treat with the water so I'll keep it in mind. "I'm not losing weight, I'd better try eating more!" sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud (lol) but from reading about the diet and how metabolism works it makes sense so I've been pigging out(not really) on buffalo wings today. Some lettuce and cucumber!

It's true how they say when you cut back on the carbs your food cravings go with it. Even now when I do get hunger pangs they just don't feel as bad. Usually I love to eat, I mean, I didn't get this big for no reason! And I love meat so no problems with that, but lately I just have no appetite! for the past week I've literally been forgetting to eat. Probably part of the cause of my stall.

Thanx, ladies for you tips and encouragement! I'm not quitting this time!

Last edited by Soka; 01-18-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Tasha - I'm glad you're back.

Menu:
B - 28 Almonds, cheez-it's and string cheese
L - Flatout wrap w/cheese and taco sauce
S - Chewy granola bar (SF)
D - Pita bread chicken pizza and salad w/broccoli, sf seeds and ranch dressing
S - string cheese and popcorn

No exercise today.

Have a good night! Liz
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #117
Junior LCF Member

OK. I'm still not able to put a signature, so I am going to put my goal for summer ( well my birthday July 26th LOL) of 160...32 lbs in 6 months. I should be able to do it lol
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Feeling bland today, but work slacks no longer dig into my sides, and when i sit down, the fear of pants splitting is edging away

For breakfast i had a cup of coffee and 4 bacon strips.

And the water drinking has commenced!!! Yesterday i got in 3.5 liters before leaving work. Today i'm going for 4! All those bathroom breaks certainly broke the day up well!

I thinking about getting the Ketostix, for periodic motivation rather than fighting the urge to get on the scale.

Happy American Idol Day 2 Everybody!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:/ having a hard time getting started, dang it, I do this every time. The last week broke my stride, so I must sit down tonight, prepare with menu's, then get food! I currently have no food at the house since we were gone, so eating leftovers, which is not what I need to be doing. I have no plan set for myself. I need to do this to succeed. I will get my menu's set up tonight again, am out of town tomorrow, so will have to get my food on Saturday in between errands so I can nip this in the bud. Weighed this morning and was back up to 218.5 major bummer.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bgraham
Stats: 222/155/140
Hey guys. I've had another death in the family so haven't been here the past few days.

I have stayed on plan but have eaten out so I consumed more calories. Also, since I quit smoking, I just don't seem to be losing any weight.

Tasha, I did create a spreadsheet with all the new people so I will update it tomorrow and try the paint thing!

Beth
bgraham is offline   Reply With Quote