Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Hello, just checking to see how everyone is doing!!! I'm doing great on my new plan, and I see that folks are doing great here too - spring is here, and before we can even settle into that season good, summertime will be here, and I have a good feeling that we will be happy with our losses and ready to strut our stuff!!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I am still not 100% - am I destined to be fat

Tasha - I am so jealous of your willpower - not sure what my problem is as much as I hate my gut??

Inthelight - GOOD GOING!!!
Cherylg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Ugh....just finished 45 minutes of Zumba. Kicked my butt! I am so out of shape and am so not good at it, but I did it . Still haven't eaten supper, don't know what I want and nothing really sounds good :/. At that point, just not real hungry.

Come in Cheryl, please do this with me!!! You will feel so good about yourself!
sueshe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! I have not lost a pound this week so I have to change things - I am jumping on your wagon, Tasha - for at least two weeks. No more yogurt, cool whip, etc -

I am so uncomfortable in am when I put on my clothes for work - quite miserable about it so I really have to do induction. Everyone send me some cheering vibes (((())))) -

Two weeks will put me right before Easter - so that is my plan and I better stick to it!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Good morning! I have not lost a pound this week so I have to change things - I am jumping on your wagon, Tasha - for at least two weeks. No more yogurt, cool whip, etc -

I am so uncomfortable in am when I put on my clothes for work - quite miserable about it so I really have to do induction. Everyone send me some cheering vibes (((())))) -

Two weeks will put me right before Easter - so that is my plan and I better stick to it!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!(((((VIBES COMING YOUR WAY)))))
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today will be a busy day!

Work, then off a little early to eye Dr, then pick up dgd, home to make supper(s) , then treadmill and play with dgd

Hope everyone has a great day! Anxious to see what my weigh in tomorrow is.

Today's menu:

B: nothing
L: salad
D: baked chicken, asparagus augratin

tata!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Cheryl- YOU CAN DO IT!!! WE'RE HERE WITH YOU!!!

Tasha- Asparagus augratin?!?! please tell me how? it sounds delicious!

My weight hasn't been swaying much. I keep saying it, and not doing it, need to move my booty around...

That being said, i may have overdone the lc tortillas yesterday. i made one with the turkey, bacon, cheese, ranch dressing. it was so good, i made a 2nd one after. in my defense they are very small tortillas.
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #428
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 1 2012
Quote:

Don't feel bad Cheryl, I have not lost anything this week at all. I have been weighing myself everyday( I know I shouldn't be doing that) just couldn't help it.. Anyway, I have not cheated at all, no snacking in between meals AND I started drinking the dreaded Water! My ketone strips still show I'm in ketosis but no weight loss.. Very discouraging but I will not quit.

Since it has been 7 weeks now and I have only lost 14 lbs, Im convinced this is because of DR. OZ and his show with the "raspberry Ketone diet". I started Atkins( second time, first was 7 yrs ago) when I recieved my shipment of this so called Raspberry Ketone wonder pill. I have taken 200mg everyday begining the first day of starting Atkins. One thing it does is it wakes me up pretty fast in the morning. I get up at 5:50 am every morning to drive my daughter to high school. I think these pills are slowing down my weight loss. I should have lost more then 14 lbs in 7 weeks. I am going to stop taking the pills for this entire upcoming week and see what happens.

Anyway, Good vibes coming to you!
Patty's Hot House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty's Hot House View Post
Don't feel bad Cheryl, I have not lost anything this week at all. I have been weighing myself everyday( I know I shouldn't be doing that) just couldn't help it.. Anyway, I have not cheated at all, no snacking in between meals AND I started drinking the dreaded Water! My ketone strips still show I'm in ketosis but no weight loss.. Very discouraging but I will not quit.

Since it has been 7 weeks now and I have only lost 14 lbs, Im convinced this is because of DR. OZ and his show with the "raspberry Ketone diet". I started Atkins( second time, first was 7 yrs ago) when I recieved my shipment of this so called Raspberry Ketone wonder pill. I have taken 200mg everyday begining the first day of starting Atkins. One thing it does is it wakes me up pretty fast in the morning. I get up at 5:50 am every morning to drive my daughter to high school. I think these pills are slowing down my weight loss. I should have lost more then 14 lbs in 7 weeks. I am going to stop taking the pills for this entire upcoming week and see what happens.

Anyway, Good vibes coming to you!
That's interesting what you shared about the raspberry ketone pill; I also had seen the show and ordered two bottles (which I received about 2 weeks ago). I have not taken any of them yet, I don't know, maybe a bit nervous about how I would react to them, even though they said that they were supposed to be 100% natural. Since I have some sleep problems anyway, I don't know about getting up early like you were saying -- so glad you shared this info!!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. all!

Tasha - out me at same weight - hopefully next week will bring a loss. I am not giving up!

Patty - I'll bet that pill has something to do with it - I agree that you should have lost more - try not taking it? My insulin could be hindering my weight loss but I can't stop taking that

Blondie - lc tortillas - how many carbs? how do they taste?

InThelight - what is the pill suppose to do?

I will BBL -
Old 03-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #431
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
That's interesting what you shared about the raspberry ketone pill; I also had seen the show and ordered two bottles (which I received about 2 weeks ago). I have not taken any of them yet, I don't know, maybe a bit nervous about how I would react to them, even though they said that they were supposed to be 100% natural. Since I have some sleep problems anyway, I don't know about getting up early like you were saying -- so glad you shared this info!!
Each pill contains 200 mg raspberry ketone and 300 mg of green tea extract. I think the green tea extract in the pill is what "wakes me up" in the mornings. But, something is not right here. I am vigilant with my diet and to only lose 14 lbs in those 7 weeks it has to be these pills. My first go around on Atkins was great. I am going to stop taking them this entire week and see what happens.

My weight this morning was 190.0 I hope you all had better results.

http://www.netrition.com/bio_nutri...tone_diet.html ( this is the pills I have been taking.)

Last edited by Patty's Hot House; 03-23-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning all....

My weigh in this morning is 209.0. I'm so happy!!! It's paying off! 5.5 lbs since last Friday. I will weigh in again on Monday morning and see what my 2 week total on induction is. Have surpassed my March goal!!! Hoping to cast off another 5 pounds hopefully by the end of March.

Stick in there you guys, this will work, you just have to keep at it and eat clean, no extras!!!

I agree that I think it may be the pills, at least worth a shot to stop taking them and see if that is what it is. The only thing I've seen on mine that can't figure out is that the ketostix are staying at light or moderate, fluctuating in between. I haven't eaten anything off plan, not one thing, and usually am at the darkest part on the stick by now. I'm still losing, so that isn't a problem, just wondering if the stix are bad or something. Kinda weird. They are too expensive to not use the rest of them. I guess as long as it is showing some, that's a good sign.

Today's menu:

B: nothing unless I can get downstairs before they close
L: salad with ranch, diet pepsi
D: baked chicken with spinach, Crystal lite peach tea

I will post the asparagus augratin recipe here in a little bit, got some work to do first. I tweaked it a little because it called for flour.

Will be back later!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
InThelight - what is the pill suppose to do?
Hey Cheryl, well, according to the show, they are supposed to be an all natural pill that not only helps you lose weight, but also is supposed to take away your appetite so that you don't want to eat as much. Sounded great on the show, but I'm getting second thoughts now - DD and hubby were interested in taking them, so we'll see, but before they do, I definitely plan on telling them about being awaken strongly in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty's Hot House View Post
Each pill contains 200 mg raspberry ketone and 300 mg of green tea extract. I think the green tea extract in the pill is what "wakes me up" in the mornings. But, something is not right here. I am vigilant with my diet and to only lose 14 lbs in those 7 weeks it has to be these pills. My first go around on Atkins was great. I am going to stop taking them this entire week and see what happens.

My weight this morning was 190.0 I hope you all had better results.

Bio Nutrition Inc Raspberry Ketone Diet ( this is the pills I have been taking.)
Hey Patty, yeah, sounds like something is definitely not right, especially if you have been eating clean and it not showing on the scale. And mine were also the raspberry ketone along with the green tea extract. Funnee, they didn't say a thing about them interrupting your sleep, bummer ...

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

Last edited by InTheLight; 03-23-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in at 195!!! Finally some loss!!!

And to think- i was contemplating a cheat meal tonight, since boyfriend and i are having a date night. not now!!!

Cheryl- the best ones i've found are the mission branch wheat carb balance. they have 3 net carbs in one-fajita size, but don't taste low carb at all. I tried the smart and delicious brand and didn't like the texture at all.

I read a really cool article that definitely helps keep your head in the right place... my take away was someone starting a diet because they'd heard that JoeBlow had lost 100 lbs in a year, then being upset that the scale moved at irregular intervals (when we always assume something is awry). The fact that joeblow lost 100lbs in a year, only tells you that he weighed a year ago, and then yesterday. Thought provoking...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
Weighed in at 195!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Hey Cheryl, well, according to the show, they are supposed to be an all natural pill that not only helps you lose weight, but also is supposed to take away your appetite so that you don't want to eat as much. Sounded great on the show, but I'm getting second thoughts now - DD and hubby were interested in taking them, so we'll see, but before they do, I definitely plan on telling them about being awaken strongly in the morning.

Hey Patty, yeah, sounds like something is definitely not right, especially if you have been eating clean and it not showing on the scale. And mine were also the raspberry ketone along with the green tea extract. Funnee, they didn't say a thing about them interrupting your sleep, bummer ...
Let me clarify about the sleep thing; When I wake up at 5:50 am, I immediatly took one of the pills and then it really woke me up by the time 6:20 came around for me to drive. sorry for the confusion. it keeps me awake so when I get back from dropping off at the HS I'm ready to get the second kid ready for Middle school. But, I have stopped taking them and will not take them all week just to see if this is what's holding me back scale wise. I do notice that my clothes all fit better and a bra I had that I used to spill out of now fits perfectly. I am happy to hear everyone made great progress. Keeps the motivation alive!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday! (yeah, right) -

Well, I did ok but not perfect over the weekend. I am starting strict induction today with plans on losing my appetite before the end of the week.

I will lose 10 lbs by Easter! - I will do this!!!

B - egg omeltte
L -piece of steak
D - chicken with some lc veggies

S - sugar free jello

I grilled a big steak and chicken yesterday so it is a no brainer on what to eat -

I AM DETERMINED TO DO THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!

great weekend, beautiful weather here. Hubby and I went to a National Wildlife refuge close by, saw lots of wildlife, stayed in there about 2 hours, then drove over to Poplar Bluff, ate at Applebee's, I had a Grilled Chicken caesar salad, with a side of grilled shrimp that I also put in the salad, was very yummy!

Day 15 for me, 14 days cheat free! I even made the family a peanut butter chocolate pie last night, and didn't lick any spoons or anything, was so proud of myself Kinda at that point where I'm not hungry and hubby keeps asking me what I'm going to eat after I fix their meal. Eating just because I have to now. Weighed in at 208.5 this morning, so total loss of 14 pounds since starting and 13 pounds since Monday the 12th. Today is also the 2 week point of my induction. Not too shabby for 14 days.

Today's menu:

???? not real sure this is etched in stone.

L: grilled chicken, green beans
D: taco salad with Linda Sue's taco seasoning

Found a Crystal Lite drink I like instead of the Peach Tea, which has always been my fav, Peach Mango Green Tea. Says METABOLISM on the packet, so maybe will help with that too.

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm going to post the chart, if you have anything you need me to add or change, let me know.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - how terrific - you are my hero
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come on Cheryl, I gotta have you to go down with me...(well, that sounded funny LOL), but you know what I mean....we need to go down this slide together!!! I'm excited only 8.5 pounds until I'm in onederland!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't let you pass me by - and you are losing so fast, you just might
Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here I come
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CJgetsthin
Stats: 5'1" Post-Preg 160/160/130
WOE: Low Carb, Exercise!
Start Date: February 24 2014
Hey everyone!

I know I'm really REALLY late on joining this one - but you guys are still going on till June right? I'd really like to start again April 1st - I've gained back ALL THE WEIGHT I lost during our SEXY FOR SANTA thread and really REALLY need to get back down before mid-June - I have a wedding to attend and I'm the MAID OF HONOUR! (Gatta look fabulous!)
CJgetsthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJgetsthin View Post
Hey everyone!

I know I'm really REALLY late on joining this one - but you guys are still going on till June right? I'd really like to start again April 1st - I've gained back ALL THE WEIGHT I lost during our SEXY FOR SANTA thread and really REALLY need to get back down before mid-June - I have a wedding to attend and I'm the MAID OF HONOUR! (Gatta look fabulous!)
Welcome back!!!! Yes, we're going on until June, and will probably start a new thread after that
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 16, 15 days cheat free

Today's menu:

L: not sure, have to run out again, may stop somewhere and get a salad
D: maybe some shredded taco chicken with all the fixin's???

Weighed this morning, down to 208.0....another .5 lbs gone! Need to stop weighing every day, so when I weigh in at the end of the week, it's a surprise

Dh loves hunting for morel mushrooms this time of year. Well....he went last night and when he came home, I kept telling him he needed to check himself for ticks, he mumbled something, then went off into the kitchen. Well....before going to bed last night I found one imbedded behind my knee, and about 30 minutes after I went to bed, found one in the crease where my leg joins my hindend. Makes me so mad, now I am itching horribly. WHY oh why can't men listen? Worries me because the grandbaby is coming over tonight and she crawls all over papa....he will be in big trouble if she gets one!

Gotta get to work, everyone have a great day!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

OMG that's giving me eeby geebies!!! I have no tolerance for buggies.

Haven't weighed since friday. clothes feeling looser (i think- they were already pretty loose- i could be imagining- but at least i'm happy there lol) but it's also TOM. By Friday most of the bloat and retention should have ebbed...

B: low carb monster
L: hamburger patty, cucumber slices, ranch dressing
D: idk yet! maybe a lc wrap with something tasty inside.

i started making ranch dressing from the hidden valley powder because the bottle stuff just doesn't taste like it used to, and i LOVE ranch with my whole heart. now i may be eating too much ranch!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought that too, it just takes like goo anymore from the bottle, even the better brands. I told dd the other day, I think that is why restaurants ranch tastes better, because they make it. how do you make yours?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

I use the ranch powder in so many things, it more cost effective to buy the canister as opposed to the pouches. I follow the recipe on the back:

1/2 c mayo
1/2 c milk (i did use cream once- came out too thick)
1 1/2 tbsp ranch powder

stir, chill 30 minutes, gobble!!!

i almost want to get the real bacon crumbles from the store and add them in and see if tastes as fabulous as thinking about it does.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmm....will def have to do that! On my grocery list for this weekend.

Day 17, 16 days cheat free

jumped on the scale again this morning, force of habit I guess....and was down to 206.5.....so few pounds left to get under two hundred!

Yesterday's meals didn't turn out quite as planned. I ran by McD's quickly in the 10 minutes I had to get back from lunch and grabbed two cheeseburgers with mustard and pickle only....ditched the buns and had a soda. Not necessarily fulfilling, but it worked. For dinner, I made the family Philly steak n cheese sandwiches with peppers and onions, and took about a cup of the steak, a spoonful of the peppers and onions and that was my dinner. I haven't been hungry. Almost to the point I am sick at my stomach. I thought I was going to have to pull over this morning because I kept feeling like I was going to throw up. I rolled the window down and it finally went away for the most part, still kinda there, but just yuck!

Today's chore list....work, carwash, gas before going home, clean out Edge, vacuum, do a load or two of laundry. Won't have dgd in the evenings the rest of the week, so may get a few things done so I can work in the yard on Saturday if it doesn't rain.

Today's menu:

L: salad with ranch
D: baked pork chop, garlic butter roasted asparagus

Drink your water! Hope everyone has a great day!