Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Nashgal!!!!

hey, the way I see it, if it isn't on the scale, it doesn't matter if it's water weight or not.....it's GONE!
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
My menu today:

B - omelette with veggie cheese
S - turkey rollup/yogurt with strawberries
L - leftover steak with mushrooms
S -couple of pork rinds
D - 2 hamburger patties

Working out tonite - I so want to see a loss by Friday -
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!!

Day 4 did very well last night...one day at a time! My hard time is when I get home, but I have tried to stay busy so I don't think about eating, and it has worked the last two nights. I have Ella tonight, so that'll keep me busy tonight

I am off work tomorrow, so do please post your weights, but I won't be able to put the chart up until Monday. I will post my weight tomorrow morning, will have to do so from my phone....

Today:

B: 1 pc sausage
L: not sure, have no $$ with me, so may just have a diet coke, or if I can scrounge enough, a hamburger patty.
D: omelet or baked chicken leftovers.

Have a great day everyone!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did good yesterday, too! -

My menu:

B - turkey rollups/small yogurt (Activia)/couple of berries
L - hamburger patty with onion/tomatoe/cheese slice
S - handful of pork rinds (if I get hungry)
D - steak with some veggies

Spin class from 5-6pm -

Hopefully, I see like 197 tomorrow!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #395
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 1 2012
Good Morning,

Weighed in this morning @ 190. Still have a long way to go. 14 lbs lost in 6 weeks. Shouldn't it be more? That Atkins commercial, with the blonde (forget her name), says 14lbs in 2 weeks.. Hope you all have some good results today...

Anyone know why my profile picture isn't showing up?

Last edited by Patty's Hot House; 03-16-2012 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: added a ?
Patty's Hot House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear you, Patty! I think her name is Courtney something -

I am only down 2.5 to 197.5 - thought it would be at least 5 - I think I have to do some changes. Give up pork rinds, do sugar free jello for snacks instead. I like my wine but I suppose that is harming me too -

So, perhaps I will just eat air for a week and see what happens -
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #397
Junior LCF Member

Wanted to share: I just squeezed into a brand new, (even though 3 years old, sitting on my closet shelf) tags still on, size 12 pair of capri pants. They are tight but they are on. Before, I couldn't even get them past my outer thighs.. So, I guess the scale only says 14lbs less but I dropped from a size 16 to a 12 in those 6 weeks.. I got to say this web page is definetly keeping me on track! Thanks Ladies...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Congrats Patty!!! That's awesome!!! I keep a few pieces of "goal clothes" around, in sight and in reach so at any point i can try it on and gauge a bit! The pants are still a little bit muffiny in the waist band- but like you, I couldn't even pull them on all the way before. more celebration!

I'm weighing in this morning at 196.2... sooooo close to that 195 threshold... Slowly but surely...

I made fajitas last night! sooooo tasty! I bought Mission low carb tortillas for me, and regular tortillas for boyfriend. It was nice cooking together, since we haven't in a while.
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all! Sorry so late checking in. So, I did pretty dang good for 5 days, down from 221.5 to 216.0. I think I too am going to start weighing on Monday's. I started on a Monday, so will always be a full weeks worth of loss. Still no cheats and day 5 is under my belt....yay .

Spent the day with dgd, love her so much and had so much fun, and painted her toenails like lady bugs

Gotta run

Today's menu was

B: 2 scrambled eggs
L: 1 pc sausage, CL Peach Tea
D: baked chicken and green beans
S: handful of pork rinds
Old 03-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

let me know if there is anything you want me to fill in.....
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, this morning, weighed in for day 7 at 214.5. So, loss of 7 lbs in 7 days!! For some reason, my ketostix are very light, not sure what that is about unless I'm drinking too much Crystal lite, but as long as I continue to lose, not going to stop, that is about the only way I can drink water.

No cheats at all, proud of myself for that! Yesterday we went to Colton's Steakhouse and was so mad, I ordered the Ceasar salad with grilled shrimp, they got my order alls crewed up and brought me a plain caesar salad with a grilled shrimp side on a bed of rice. Was about $4 more than what the menu said for what I actually ordered, plus didn't have hardly any caesar dressing, and had to pick all the rice off my shrimp, and it wasn't even peeled shrimp, pissed me off. I doubt I will go back, they then acted like they were doing me a big favor when they took the difference off when I told them they were charging me for a side of grilled shrimp when I wanted it in my salad like they advertise in their menu. Dingbats. I hate going to places that are like that.

Anyway, I had eggs and bacon for breakfast yesterday, then that stupid salad for lunch, and last night I had leftover baked chicken and spinach with a little vinegar.

Todays menu:

B: nothing, really need to work on this
L: salad with ranch dressing
D: taco salad with Linda Sue's taco seasoning(made with hamburger or chicken, haven't decided on that part yet.)

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Check in, let's hear from you and post your menu, goals, whatever....
Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Hi Sueshe, please put me down at 252; went to the doctor's office this morning, and that was the weigh-in, so one pound lost, and that was after a big UD eating day last Saturday, so I'll take it, wooohoooo!!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all!

I did okay this weekend - Saturday was was perfect but Sunday, I was hungry all day long - so I did not do real good.

Back on track today:

B - turkey rollups
S - small piece of spinach quiche - no crust
L - turkey sausage with mushrooms, onions, peppers
S - sugar free jello
D - parmesean crusted chicken/veggies

I had circuit training class at 5:45 - so I am shooting for 5 workouts this week!! Would love to see a 5 lb loss this week!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Had a great weekend. Drank on St Paddy's Day, so i'm sure that fouled everything up a bit, but didn't cheat food-wise the remainder of the weekend. Had corned beef and cabbage last night at moms house. She puts green beans in the crockpot along with the carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and brisket. I prefer to eat mine like a soup, so i was able to scoop up broth, beans, cabbage and meat. SOOOOOOO tasty.

Also, I discovered Mt. Olive brand. They make pickles and olives, and they have bread and butter chip pickles- no sugar added. 6 chips = 1 carb. they are soooooo yum!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

Day 9 no cheats

So, I'm at the point now that I'm not really hungry. I look at food and it doesn't have that attraction anymore that it had. LOVE that! Think it is so cool that this way of eating actually takes away the gnawing hunger for carbs. I know this woe works, have seen it personally, have lost lots eating like this. I want to get to my goal this time. I've never done that, even when losing 40 or 50 pounds multiple times, have never actually reached my goal. My first goal reached for March was reached this morning! My goal was 10 pounds, and as of this morning, I weighed 211, so am down 10.5 pounds...goal reached! Am going to try and lose another 5 pounds, hopefully more before the end of the month.

Patty's Hot House-I've seen that commercial, and it is possible. The most I have ever lost in the first two weeks of induction is 16 pounds. Already I have lost 10.5 and I still have 5 days to reach my two weeks this time. You have to eat really clean. No frankenfoods, nothing that will slow you down. For me, this is anything processed like hot dogs, too much sausage.....as well as too much cheese, cream cheese or pork rinds. I know what my 'halters' are, and I am walking away from them at the grocery store. If they aren't in my cabinet, I live far enough out of town, that I sure am not going to run that far to town just to get a fix. AND LOTS OF WATER!!!

Today's menu:

B: 2 fried eggs (fixed by hubby makes them that much better)
L: salad with ranch(romaine, bacon, eggs,cukes,1 cauli flowerette, 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds, green pepper strips)
D: baked pork chop, mashed califlower with butter, 1 tsp sour cream

Was having some potty issues, , but started in taking 1/4 of a 250mg Magnesium again and now everything is fine

Have an appt at Chiropractor's office this afternoon, then home to do Zumba while supper is in the oven. Going to try and get my car cleaned out and vacuumed/dusted this evening too if I can fit all that in. Trying so hard to break my couch potato habit. Habitually I sit. Watch tv, get up to go potty, get something to drink, or plug in my phone, then sit some more. Have to start moving. Tomorrow night it is the treadmill.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Last edited by sueshe; 03-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: misspelled words
Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - you are doing great!! I am changing my ways also - I want the hunger to GO AWAY!!!

Menu:

B - 1 egg/1 egg white omelet with veggies cheese/two thin slices of tomatoe
S - small yogurt (Activia) with little blueberries
L - 3 pieces of parm chicken
S - sugar free jellow with tbsp cool whip
D - Chicken/veggies

I know I should probably lose the yogurt, fruit and cool whip - if I don't go into ketosis, I will have to -
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #407
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, and great jobs on the loses.. I think maybe I'm eating too much chicken. I'm hardly hungry anymore so I don't even snack in between meals. I am eating alot of Chicken cesar salads. Mainly for dinner. Maybe I need to add more fat in my diet? this is a typical menu for me:

B- 2 fried or scrambled eggs, or soft boiled w/ 3 breakfast sausage links.

L- either a can of tuna w/ small pieces of celery and mayo right out of the bowl(no wrap),or hamburger on a plate w/ mayo. sometimes I skip lunch.

D- Grilled or baked Chicken on top of a cesar salad w/ green beans,or asparagus, or Broccoli. Some night I grill porkchops w/ same veggies as above. Some red meat, only when on sale, and that is hard to find now adays.

I do drink alot of Publix (supermarket brand) diet sweet tea that is made with Splenda. I try to drink water but it is so hard to choke down.

I am not eating anything else except these 3 meals.

I figure that there is lots of things in my life that I cannot control but I can control my weight so I am really sticking to this.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Tasha - you are doing great!! I am changing my ways also - I want the hunger to GO AWAY!!!

Menu:

B - 1 egg/1 egg white omelet with veggies cheese/two thin slices of tomatoe
S - small yogurt (Activia) with little blueberries
L - 3 pieces of parm chicken
S - sugar free jellow with tbsp cool whip
D - Chicken/veggies

I know I should probably lose the yogurt, fruit and cool whip - if I don't go into ketosis, I will have to -
I can't have any of those or I don't lose at all. Just me, and everyone is different. I LOVE yogurt....wish we could have it, but I can't. I must be very resistant because I even have to watch my amounts of good carbs from veggies or I don't lose. Every now and then I will allow myself a dollop of sugar free cool whip I make myself with cream and splenda, but not often. Seems like dairy, if I have a lot of 'allowable' items, it stalls me too. Cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, all the good stuff.

My hunger isn't completely gone, but is down to a dull roar now....low enough I can choose to ignore it
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty's Hot House View Post
Thanks, and great jobs on the loses.. I think maybe I'm eating too much chicken. I'm hardly hungry anymore so I don't even snack in between meals. I am eating alot of Chicken cesar salads. Mainly for dinner. Maybe I need to add more fat in my diet? this is a typical menu for me:

B- 2 fried or scrambled eggs, or soft boiled w/ 3 breakfast sausage links.

L- either a can of tuna w/ small pieces of celery and mayo right out of the bowl(no wrap),or hamburger on a plate w/ mayo. sometimes I skip lunch.

D- Grilled or baked Chicken on top of a cesar salad w/ green beans,or asparagus, or Broccoli. Some night I grill porkchops w/ same veggies as above. Some red meat, only when on sale, and that is hard to find now adays.

I do drink alot of Publix (supermarket brand) diet sweet tea that is made with Splenda. I try to drink water but it is so hard to choke down.

I am not eating anything else except these 3 meals.

I figure that there is lots of things in my life that I cannot control but I can control my weight so I am really sticking to this.
Patty, your diet looks fine to me. I'm like you with water, hate it, have to make myself drink it plain, but drink crystal lite peach tea, and have no problem at all with it. I just can't stand water, never have liked it. I do the same with meat too, I try to eat more chicken and pork than red meat, but I do have hamburger once or twice a week, and on occasion a steak. Shrimp has been on my menu lately also, and I LOVE tilapia, grilled, broiled, whatever....love it love it love it!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty's Hot House View Post

love this !!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Patty- your diet looks to be pretty good. I know taking in more fat helps different people with different things- mine being hunger feeling and cravings. Bacon satisfies, or i'll mix some tuna with alot of mayo.

I'm at 196.8 this morning. scale isn't liking me, but i feel my clothes getting looser. Work pants are riding pretty low.

I'm going to make something a bit decadent (for my normal habits) for lunch. a lc wheat tortilla with turkey, bacon, cheese, and some ranch dressing. Will make the cheese melty and eat it open faced like a pizza.

Had to buy more pickles last night. i'm sure i'm eating a few too many...
Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never tried the low carb tortilla shells, so don't know how they taste, how many carbs they have or anything, but saw a thing on Pinterest last night, where they took flower tortilla shells and sprayed with olive oil and layed upside down over 2 rungs in the grate that goes in your oven, baking for a specified time, making it a homemade taco shell of sorts....wondering if that would work later on when I can start adding stuff like that in?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay - my boss just brought in two pizzas from a great place in town for our LUNCH - help!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

peel off the toppings..YUM!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

or say no thanks. We won a pizza party for submitting 100% of our employee surveys for our department group, and I peeled off the toppings, went downstairs and got me a small salad....tada LUNCH
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Agreed! Rip off those toppings and enjoy! Find one with lots meat toppings! mmmm sounds yum!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah!!!! Thanks, girls!!!

That is just what I did - threw away that crust and did not look back!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Yeah!!!! Thanks, girls!!!

That is just what I did - threw away that crust and did not look back!!!
YAY Cheryl! That is one of the things I am learning, is how to adjust to circumstances beyond my control. I have also learned not to say I 'can't' have something because inevitably someone says, why?, Then....it's not that you can't, it is just that you choose not to. WELL DUH! So, I just say, no thanks, I'm not really hungry. Now, if I could just find a substitute or way around being able to have an alcoholic beverage on occasion when going out with friends, or on vacation.... hmm....
Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
YAY Cheryl! That is one of the things I am learning, is how to adjust to circumstances beyond my control. I have also learned not to say I 'can't' have something because inevitably someone says, why?, Then....it's not that you can't, it is just that you choose not to. WELL DUH! So, I just say, no thanks, I'm not really hungry. Now, if I could just find a substitute or way around being able to have an alcoholic beverage on occasion when going out with friends, or on vacation.... hmm....
I might be able to help you out there.... Vodka is key... I don't usually gain or "stall" with vodka, but your body burns the alcohol before any fat until its all out of your system. so, worse thing- you just won't be down the next day if you have a few.

If i go out i'll do a vodka tonic (i need LOTS of lemons to squeeze in it) or if i stay home and want something- i make my own version of white russian:
*cup of strong coffee
*few pumps of SF Vanilla Toranni syrup or English toffee syrup (also sf)
*splash of HWC
*vodka

I know now I can't incorporate beer much into this, even the so called "lite" or "low carb" just throws everything off for me. i love beer, and miss it terribly.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blondie-yeah, beer does that to me too I've been hearing a lot about Crystal Lite alcoholic drinks, may see what that is all about, if it includes Vodka, I'm golden we don't go out that much, but have a retirement party and a few birthday parties coming up soon, and know there will be drinking.

Day 10 no cheats for me!

My evening didn't go quite as planned though, went to chiropractor, then home after work.....was beginning to make my supper when my phone rang, old friend I hadn't talked to for quite some time, so then was on the phone for a veeeeeery long time. I am not a phone talker, hate it actually, catch myself getting very antsy when someone talks and talks and talks and talks....which she did, but was still good talking to her and catching up. Was late by the time I got off the phone, sat down and watched Frozen Planet on the Discovery channel then went to bed. :/

Today's menu:

B: was running late, nothing
L: salad with ranch
D: ended up having an omelet last night, so tonight, baked pork chops and cauliflower

Hope everyone has a great day.