Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Not to worry Cheryl, it could have been waterweight, or maybe a bit of salt retention - I love your attitude of doing good this weekend, that is the hardest for me, but we have got to do this!! No reason at all why you can't achieve your 189 goal by the end of this month, no reason at all!! I will add that you be sure to get your water in, I have found that to be monumental in losing pounds - no need to drink huge amounts, but just drink it through the day, and you will definitely see a difference!

I'll post my menu for today:
B: egg salad
S: LC yogurt
L: restaurant leftovers of baked tilapia fish and brocolli
S: Atkins chocolate shake (if needed)
D: beanless hot dog chili

Let's add a bit of exercise this weekend too; I've been going back to Curves on a regular basis for the past 2 weeks, and I feel terrific, not dragging like I did before - when we do it together, it is easier so let's - get - busy!!!!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Weighing in this morning at 196.6!!! woo hoo!!! My birthday cheat didn't bring me down (or up in this case) too bad! Maybe I needed the carb shock? Regardless, I'm back in the game- can't wait to cross that 5 barrier, then downhill to 190.
BlondieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
yup. I have no food yet, I have Ella tonight and am going to St Louis with dd tomorrow, so hopefully either tomorrow night or Sunday I can get to the store.
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Madison Ave
Stats: 186.6/151.8/125 5'3 and a bump :)
Start Date: January 6, 2012
My weigh in for today is 166.4. I am down about 2 & 1/2 lbs since last week....feels good! Wishing the best to everyone!!!!
Madison Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 1 2012
Is it too late to join in? I have been following you all since the end of January. The end of Jan was when I had my yearly physical and the scale at the doctors office said 204!

I started as soon as I came home, on Atkins. I had done atkins 7 yrs ago and lost 52 lbs in 6 months. I went from a size 16 to a size 6. 7 years ago I was in my 30's. I am 40 now. It also seems to me now that the weight is not coming off as fast as it did years ago. I was very discouraged reading all of you losing weight and wasn't seeing my scale move. But the scale has now moved because I refused to give up. The greatest thing I like about the Atkins diet is I am hardly hungry anymore. I used to be the midnight muncher but not anymore. If I am having one of those nights where I want to eat the house I just go to sleep.

So I would like to continue on with all of you since this is a great support system. I didn't have this forum last time around. It sure does help and Im glad its here.

So as of January 27th I weighed in at 204. size 16. Today I am 193 size 14. I should have lost more by now but my TOM is coming any day now and I feel it . I want to lose another 10-12 by the end of March.

Oh, nice to meet you all!
Patty's Hot House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Patty!!! Sounds like you're in the same boat most of us are in, so you definitely came to the right place!

when i was 17 I did Atkins with my mom. Went from 180 down to 155 (I was also in high school and danced and played sports alot) so it all came off fast. about 3 years later i found myself up to 220. I started eating right (low carb in theory, but really just chicken and salads) and not paying attention, later found myself down in the 180s again. yay! yo-yo and so forth.

Now- I'm 28, pretty sedentary- work 50 hours a week/6 days a week most weeks, so I have no energy or motivation to get on the elliptical or go running when i get home. My 10 year high school reunion is May 5th, my vacation to New Orleans is May 11-16th, and when I get back from that, I'm a "grooms maid" in my best friends wedding on May 19th. Crunch time for sure!!! I started on January 3rd at 217 and it IS coming off slower- however in past weigh loss journeys, i don't remember being so critical of every little thing, weighing every day, or even paying attention. It's like it just became something i did. Like brushing my teeth. Habitual, thoughtless. I'm trying to get back to that point- so i won't notice the speed of the loss, but hopefully wake up May 1st and be down to 180 (or less? maaayyybeeee?). I could be in the vacation pictures then!

I've gotten way off track, not sure where i was going with my point... but Welcome to our happy little family!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to our new member, Patty's Hot House!!! Glad to have you with us!!

Hello friends, just checking in to see how everyone is doing - we can so do this!!
Just getting back from Curves, worked up a great sweat working on the circuit machines and also did the weighted hula hoop for a while too - we are all gonna be smaller, I can see that now, and I am proud of all of us, let's continue to KUTGW!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

I made oopsie rolls last night! first time, they were pretty good. i could get used to the flavor and there is definitely potential for creativity.

I need to start doing some type of activity... my boyfriend wants to take up running again so he bought some sneakers this weekend and hopefully i'll have the motivation to trail along behind him!

We used to have a curves nearby but they mostly all closed down. I always thought the circut training looked to be fun, and wish i could try it out now.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good almost afternoon everyone! Ok....First, to Patty! If I spelled that wrong, let me know. Second....today is DAY1 for me. I weighed in at 221.0 this morning. I am doing Atkins Induction, will probably stay on for a while, a Loooooonnnnngggg while! I have already downed about 20 oz of water, with crystal lite. I have trouble drinking plain water, it makes me want to gag, so I have to have something in it....figure that is better than drinking a diet soda....so....

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs
L: salad(lettuce, cheese, cucumber, bacon, eggs, ranch)
D: taco salad(made with Linda Sue's taco seasoning)

Hope everyone has a great day, Cheryl get your buttooty in here girl!

Will do Zoomba tonight for about 20 minutes, then will walk on the treadmill for another 20. Will see how taht goes and adjust if necessary tomorrow, then will try to up each week....

I too am sedentary and I feel horrible most of the time, very sluggish, no energy. About the only exercise I do is cleaning the house and doing laundry, which sometimes wears me out. When you get sore from cleaning the shower, something is wrong....

Glad to see everyone posting again, I will update weights and post the chart here shortly.....

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
I made oopsie rolls last night! first time, they were pretty good. i could get used to the flavor and there is definitely potential for creativity.

I need to start doing some type of activity... my boyfriend wants to take up running again so he bought some sneakers this weekend and hopefully i'll have the motivation to trail along behind him!

We used to have a curves nearby but they mostly all closed down. I always thought the circut training looked to be fun, and wish i could try it out now.
what are oopsie rolls? how many carbs?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I am here!!! Lot going on today -

Tasha - I did pretty good this weekend, not 100% but definitely feeling alot more motivated today!!

Patty - we have all one Atkins years ago and were so successful - but we can do it one more time!!! FOR GOOD!

Inthelight - thanks for your kind words - I so want to be in the 180's!!

Blondie - ugh - running is not for me - too many things jiggling around

My menu:

B - egg omellette - with egg whites and soy cheese (my cholestorol is high)

S- small yogurt with blueberries (14 carbs)

L - chicken salad with a tomatoe

S -handful of nuts

D - some beef and veggies

I am hungry but I have more determination than I have had for along time - My plan is to be 195 by Friday!! Circuit training and weights tonite!

Cheryl
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what is circuit training? You can tell I am not an exerciser...I don't even know the jargon
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I will cut up some of the fried chicken hubby made for supper last night, pull off the coating and make me some chicken salad for tomorrow's lunch....that sounds good.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - you are so funny! Circuit training (mine anyway) is some cardio then break for some weights, then back to cardio, then some different weights for about an hour.

That is what I did - I chopped up leftover chicken, added onions and celery, a little mustard and mayo - quite good! Would have been really good on rye bread BUT I DID GOOD!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
what is circuit training? You can tell I am not an exerciser...I don't even know the jargon
Yes, like Cherylg describes, it is a workout where there are intervals of working out on resistance machines, followed by a bit of aerobic activity. At Curves, that's just what it is, as prompted by the recording to "move to the next station," you do some sort of aerobic activity on their exercise board for about 30 seconds, then at the prompt, you move to the machine next to you, work on that for 30 seconds, then it continues on - great for everyone, you can tone up or down depending on your physical capabilities -- DD jogs on the exercise boards, I do knee lifts, crossbody punches, whatever, and just about all the machines are done sitting down - love that place!!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
what are oopsie rolls? how many carbs?
it's a bread substitute. eggs and cream cheese and salt. less than 1 carb per. they taste eggy, need to be dressed up from just those ingredients like cheese, or garlic, other spices in the mix. but decent enough, worth working on
Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning everyone. Kinda feelin blah today. Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomach cramps. Not sure what was going on, but was really bad. No sign of them this morning, but just feel off. Sure hope I'm not getting that creeping crud again

My day one went ok, not perfect, just ok. I was so hungry last night, kept thinking of all the crap in the kitchen that I could go eat, I would walk in there, then go sit back down. Did that multiple times. Finally caved and had about 4 spoonfuls of peanut butter and a celery stick. Guess it could have been worse, but was mad after I did that.

Anyway, on to day two...

B: missed it this morning
L: salad
D: western omelet, bacon

I need about a week off. I am just so tired and blah feeling, think I need to be able to sleep in and just relax for about 5 days.... wishful thinking

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Yes, like Cherylg describes, it is a workout where there are intervals of working out on resistance machines, followed by a bit of aerobic activity. At Curves, that's just what it is, as prompted by the recording to "move to the next station," you do some sort of aerobic activity on their exercise board for about 30 seconds, then at the prompt, you move to the machine next to you, work on that for 30 seconds, then it continues on - great for everyone, you can tone up or down depending on your physical capabilities -- DD jogs on the exercise boards, I do knee lifts, crossbody punches, whatever, and just about all the machines are done sitting down - love that place!!
We had a Curves here but they closed it down, wish it was still here, feel like that would be the place for me! I hate going to a gym, too many perfect bodies there....need a place to go that I am not intimidated.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morming, all! On to day two -

I did ok too, yesterday - not perfect. I did work out but still feel like Shamuu this morning -

My menu:

B - Turkley rollups w/small yogurt with blueberries
S - plain celery
L - Stuffed pepper (ground beef with spinach/mushrooms/onions)
D - 2 hamb patties

I want to feel not hungry!!! - Send me some willpower vibes someone!!!!

I have my annual eye exam which I hate today - Beginning of every year, I go thru the whole crap - pap smear, mammo, eye exam, skin exam, blood work and this year bone density. I hate being diabetic and it would really help if I lost this weight so why don't I do it?

I also have high tryglicerides - (very high) so I have given up eggs, cheese, trying to eat yogurt and blueberrries each day and I just got back some blood work for a six week test and my numbers have come down alot! I go back in May so I would love to be 20 lbs lighter and get great results to get off meds!!!

Have a CHEAT FREE DAY!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay - could have done better yesterday - what is my problem????
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friends!! I'm doing great, enjoying my WOE and have made Sunday morning my weigh-in day - that's when I go to Curves first thing in the morning, and want to stick with the same scale, so it will be their doctor/type of scale for an accurate weight loss - I can't wait to move that heavy thick clunker square back to 200 instead of it always sitting on the "250" mark ...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone.... Day 3

I did so good yesterday, was actually proud of myself when I went to bed last night instead of being disgusted for a change!

I took my dgd outside yesterday afternoon, she blew bubbles and ran and chased them for almost 2 hours LOL, she had so much fun, and was so tired, but did not want to go in, actually cried when it started getting dark and we went inside. While out in the yard, realized how bad it is, acorns, EVERYWHERE!!!, limbs, weeds, leaves, you name it. Really looks bad. Was thinking how many weekends it is going to take to get it back into shape for Summer....getting to where I hate working out in the yard, I always end up either hurting my back or getting sick from the pollen(I have horrible allergies)....but my dh or ds never ever ever offer to help. Really irritating. Ok....jumping off my soap box.

Anyway.....

Today's menu:

B: no time for breakfast (anyone have a quicky breakfast you grab and go?)
L: salad, diet caffeine free pepsi
D: baked chicken, roasted asparagus wrapped in panceta(sp?)

may make some sugar free jello tonight. I was really craving something sweet last night, didn't eat anything after dinner, but the craving was horrible.

Hope everyone has a great day, has been so beautiful here this week, near 80! Weird weather for here, but not going to complain! LOVE it! supposed to rain the next three days, so, going to enjoy it, even if it is from the window at work.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Okay - could have done better yesterday - what is my problem????

hang in there Cheryl, don't quit!!! We are not quitters!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - I have no choice but to stick with it - I can not believe I am at 200 again - I really want to lose my hunger -from what I remember, it was wonderful. No hunger pains and every day the scale went DOWN!!
I know what you mean - I used to love working in the yard this time of year but now it is soo much like a chore. I am going to hire someone starting April 1 to cut my grass depending on what it costs. Cutting grass in 100 degrees is no picnic.......

I have much stronger will power than in the recent past so hopefully I can get back on this wagon.

Inthelight - good for you going to work out!! - I have been known to try several scales to get the best answer
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I keep thinking myself thin. I want to be thin so bad! not like morbidly skinny thin, but where I feel like I look good....know that will be around 135 for me.... I know that is so far away from where I am right now, but I WILL GET THERE!!!! I keep trying to picture myself doing what I am supposed to, eating right, exercising, being more active....so far is working.

I too remember not being hungry....took me about 3 weeks before I had to remind myself to eat, ready for that too!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know - it was great! I look good at 165 because I am big boned. When I was in my 20's, I weighed like 140 and everyone thought I was anorexic I looked so thin??? THEY SHOULD SEE ME NOW..........
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

I too think sitting around 165 is perfect for me. I do enjoy keeping a little bit of meat on my bones.

Haven't weighed in a few days, sticking to plan. Made delicious steak and asparagus last night for dinner, and brought the leftovers for lunch today.

Tasha- I buy the jimmy dean turkey sausage patties (8 to a box) and heat 2 up on a paper towel for 30 seconds, then grab it out of the microwave before i walk out the door. eat them on the drive. If i had to physically prepare eggs or something- it just wouldn't happen. lol I'm NOT a morning person by any stretch, so i'm usually on the verge of running late. by the time i put them in the microwave, i can get my shoes on, bags in hand, sunglasses on then... beeeep!

I haven't posted a menu in a while

B: 2 sausage patties and a diet pepsi
L: steak and asparagus
D: making fajitas with steak, cheese and a low carb wrap with a liiiiittle sour cream.
S: beef jerky and string cheese.
water goal: 4 liters!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
I too think sitting around 165 is perfect for me. I do enjoy keeping a little bit of meat on my bones.

Haven't weighed in a few days, sticking to plan. Made delicious steak and asparagus last night for dinner, and brought the leftovers for lunch today.

Tasha- I buy the jimmy dean turkey sausage patties (8 to a box) and heat 2 up on a paper towel for 30 seconds, then grab it out of the microwave before i walk out the door. eat them on the drive. If i had to physically prepare eggs or something- it just wouldn't happen. lol I'm NOT a morning person by any stretch, so i'm usually on the verge of running late. by the time i put them in the microwave, i can get my shoes on, bags in hand, sunglasses on then... beeeep!

I haven't posted a menu in a while

B: 2 sausage patties and a diet pepsi
L: steak and asparagus
D: making fajitas with steak, cheese and a low carb wrap with a liiiiittle sour cream.
S: beef jerky and string cheese.
water goal: 4 liters!
I have the sausage patty's from Aldi's I could do that with, sometimes they are a little strong for me though, may try the turkey ones.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NashGal
Stats: 163/160/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/13/12
Got room for one more? I just started yesterday, weighing in at 163. Although I swore that I would not look at the scale until next Monday, I could not help myself and was so happy that I have lost 3 lbs! Now granted, I am sure it is water weight, but 3 lbs of whatever... I will take it glady!
NashGal is offline   Reply With Quote