Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I did Callanetics last night again. I need to start doing that a couple of days a week to tone my stomach, arms and thighs. This afternoon I'll time my 4 mile and see if I'm improving.

Abi, I love walking through the woods! Doesn't even feel like exercise. Good job on keeping that pound off. You'd think it would be easy but it's not!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i love walking period.

i do not count it as exercise, as exercise is somehing i hate doing. Happy lbs lost to those of u who have lost them. My next weigh-in is the late afternoon of the first Thursday of May. I will feel my progress via how my clothes fit and my energy levels. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, HEWMONS. FF
Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #243

am I the 1st one up this a.m.?

C,mon u slugabeds, get with it!!! I got audio cassette deck #1. He says hi. Tomorrow, he is bringing me deck #2. Also the Linderhof Palace 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle came. I am making progress with jigsaw #1. The frame is almost complete. However, having a picture of the finished picture, does not make it necessarily easier. However, it is quite relaxing. I am working that while listening to music. I also have my Greek and Latin next to the puzzle, so I am working on 3 things, as well as focusing on the music (that is 4). Pity, that my intellect is incapable of creating PROFIT, or getting me some OOMOX. Looking forward to my lunch salad. For dinner, i am making a stirfry. I banged my knee this weekend (the one that had the surgery). Ergo, i had to lie low this weekend. I did no walking. It was so hot in the living room on Saturday, that i had to abandon ship, and move back to the bedroom(which is where the fan is), and listen to the opera broadcast off the computer. Not the same experience, as in the livingroom. FF
Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Good morning FF! You actually beat Abi posting. Hope everything is ok Abi!

I timed my 4 mile yesterday afternoon. At the 2 mile mark I was actually ahead of my previous time, but by the end my overall 4 mile time was exactly the same as before. *sigh* Improvements take such a long time! I saw a picture of tshirt with a turtle wearing running sneakers and it says "I'll get there eventually". I am thinking of getting it as I am that turtle! My friend at work is trying to get me to sign up for a 5K race in March which she does annually. I just don't feel ready but she assures me that I will not be the last to finish as people of all fitness levels do it. Mostly for the free breakfast buffet at the end for the participants, lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Slugabeds! FF, we never know what to expect from you. lol Sorry about banging your knee. ouch. Is it going to be ok? I guess your windows don't open in your living room?

Artemis, everything ok here. Now that I wait until I get to Mom's to sign in if she wakes up before I post I have to remember to do it later. I didn't remember until just now.
How did your car shopping go? I ran a 5k many years ago and made my own statement t-shirt with stick on letters. It said "knees, don't fail me now". They held up for the race but down the road started acting up and that was it for my running.

Trying to get back to a 3pm start time for solid food again today. Still down the one pound after eating several times yesterday starting at 9:30am. Would love to lose another pound this week. Then I will be one away from what I was maintaining at ( not what I want to be eventually though)

Hoping my sister will e-mail me to say she is giving me the extra evening off tonight. We'll see.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #246

the windows DO open in the living room. it did not help..

Sunday was better. Artemis, i am going to try doing w/o 1 meal a day during the work week. It is not a fast per se, but a way of support in what u are doing. I wish i was capable of running or jogging, but I cannot. I am lucky if i can jog my memory. During the weekends, I usually do with 2 regular meals anyway. So far, with all that roughage with which I am cramming into myself, my appetite is still working overtime. But, i shall give it more time. The summer will be here before we know it, and i want to get this winter poundage as far away from me as possible. Today in 1649, King Charles I was relieved of his head. Oliver Cromwell was no improvement either. Most people were happy when the monarchy was restored (except for the Puritans). FF
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Why, oh why, do I do this to myself. I know what works for me from my past experience concerning food, but for some reason in my quest for increasing my knowledge and tweaking my nutrition in the most opportune way, I have gotten in to reading everything and anything I can get my hands on. Therefore, I have induced confusion if there is such a thing.

I am finding conflicting information for example, I can read The Paleo Answer and there is research that is quoted and referred to that contradicts Vegetarianism or Veganism, yet, I can read The China Study and find quotes and references from studies of how eating meat is bad for you. My head is spinning.

I even mentioned in an earlier post that I was a Flexitarian! I guess, what difference does it make. I need to find what is right for ME and only ME.

Whatever my food plan is covers the physical aspect of my eating, but I still need to address my emotional and spiritual aspect too. So, I am going to do this with OA for now. I tried OA before and am still in a 12 step program. However, I need to define my "abstinence". Essentially what I have been doing despite the various nuances of an eating plan, I am staying away from sugar(s) and white/wheat flour(s).

On that note, I need to be gentle with myself as I rediscover what the heck I want to accomplish and how I am going to do that.

I am not sure if this made any sense to any of you, but it does to me.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #248

there is NO single solution to dieting or healthy eating.

wherefrom are VEGANS getting their protein? The best thing to do is to eat what we like within a program we have chosen for ourselves. Life is short. the time remaining should be as pleasant as we can make it. I will take beef over lettuce any day. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #249

instead of playing at the salad bar...

i got a turkey wrap and threw away the wrap. I just wanted to be back at my work station to enjoy it and my music and, most of all my Low Carb Friends. I am certain I will be hungry in about 10 minutes. However, i have water, black coffee, and some diet coke to help me get through it. tonight I am getting a chopped steak ($10.95 plus tax and tip)with chicken broth and 2 veggies. I am going to try to divide it into 2 meals. We shall see. I add 2 T of Victoria's marinara sauce (2 net gr per 4 fl oz). then i add my Italian spices (garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano). I nuke it for about 30 seconds. then i add a paper thin slice of mozzarella(or 2) to melt (about 15-20 seconds). Yummo!!! I do the same thing with pork chops and chicken. Simple solution for a simple troll. FF
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, everyone. Sorry I've been MIA - busy at work and with no computer at home I haven't been able to post much.

My computer is fixed and he is bringing it to my house tomorrow morning! He had to replace the hard drive and then he reloaded everyhing from my back up machine. I sure hope everything is there.

Anywho....it will be nice to have it back.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring (end of the month) but so far I've lost around a pound this month - woohoo! Oh, well, at least I'm down!

Marilee
Old 01-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #251

laundry in machine.

that is about as much work as i will today for the rest of the day/ i decided i am having chinese...doubling the veg and 1/2ing the ribs(sigh). Perhaps i will get used to it. FF
Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there Vicki! We all need encouragement from time to time which is why we are here seeking others for support! You are right to think that you have to find what works for you. I personally never read any of the diet books. I know they all have good intentions, but we are all genetically, metabolically, and biochemically different so there is not one universal solution for everyone's weight issues. And as you mentioned, a lot of weight issues come from emotional sources not physical. I know I used to overeat a lot when I was upset about something. I still struggle with that from time to time but I can recognize the problem now when that happens. The first step in solving the problem is acknowledging that it is there. Good luck girl!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

My sister got into a big project at her house yesterday so she is coming today at noon to give me a break. Looking forward to that!

Vicki, it all can be so confusing. Staying away from the sugar and flour is huge. You can't go wrong there. I have mentioned before that I attended OA for a long time in Alabama. It was a great support group and can get to the root of those emotional and spiritual triggers to overeat. Wishing you much serenity!

FF, once again you have me wanting to try the marinara sauce with the cheese on top of something.

Marilee, I am so happy you are finally getting your computer back at your home. It's like part of the family!

Artemis, I agree there is not one solution to our weight issues. We just have to keep trying different approaches until we get the results we want.

Where is Tony? Hope all is ok and he just forgot to post yesterday like I almost did.

Had a salad, some deli ham, an artichoke heart chopped up in a couple of tablespoons of mayo and sharp chedder cheese in it.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-31-2012 at 04:21 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 AM   #254

make sure abi, that u check the labels on the sauce.

i have seen some brands as high as 13 gr per 4 fl oz (1/2 cup). Victoria is totally sugar free, and is 2 gr net per 1/2 cup. they make a large size and an extra large size. I usually wait till it is on sale, as the large size is over $5.00 at Shoprite. then i spice it up when i am doing my "creations". Last night i had a large order of ribs (as opposed to 2 large orders of ribs.) Eventually, i would like to be satisfied with a small order. Probably by the time, i can be outside after work. I just have to get through the next few months. the best i can do is postpone dinner as late as possible, and keep busy (aka distracted). I was starving to death a few moments ago, but now i am fine. FF
Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi guys,
sorry i've been mia too!...got busy with the kids on sunday with sarah being home and it was one of my son's 25th birthday...then last night i got on to post and must have fallen asleep before i did! :-)

vicki, we love you and i know i am impressed by how hard you are trying to find what will work for you...you have been a trooperfor so long...keep us posted on how OA helps you...

abi, hope you get the extra night off...sounds like the way you are cycling your eating is working - good for you...how's mom feeling?...btw, i feel like she is everyone's mom here :-)

ff, when you say "chopped steak' do you mean cube steak?...the recipe sounds really delicious...it's amazing you have the willpower to not weigh until may...i know if i didn't weigh for that long, i'd get myself into trouble!

artemis, what kinds of new cars are you looking at?...good for you on the run...what you said about the uniquemess of each of us is a great reminder - thanks...

marilee, congrats on getting thE computer back...hope you didn't lose anything except for that pound this month!...good job on that!...

i will do an end of month weigh-in tomorrow and i'm hoping to be under the 221 i was on friday...going to nashville next week and psychologically, i want to be in the teens before i leave... :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Tony, good luck on your weigh-in! As for the car, I don't have one specifically in mind. I have a serious weakness for sports cars but they are so not in my budget right now! It's funny that a lot of people think that once you get your doctorate you automatically start making loads of money...that could not be further from the truth!! I've had my car for 11 or so years and it has been a really great "student" car but things are starting to go wrong with it and I'm spending money every month. So, at some point, it becomes more economical to just start making payments on a newer one.

Abi, enjoy your break!

This IF-ing is really starting to kick in I think. My body is getting more used to it and it has opened my eyes to food needs. I most likely will go back plain ol' calorie cycling eventually to maintain, I just want to drop one more pants size and feel ever so slightly less gross in my swim suit this summer. Don't get me started on swim suits!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #257

the chopped steak i refer to Tony is 1 BIG hamburger.

it is offered in every diner that i have ever frequented. I am easing back to doing a more obedient plan. I have been augmenting my salads with more pasta and corn niblets than i should. I needed to, but not anymore. I made one for tomorrow's lunch (OR bkfst)Sometimes, one needs to take a break. I took it. Now i am ready to play the game again. I will not go back to induction. but, to accommodate more roughage and a reasonable but not humongous critter portion at lunch and dinner/supper (are they really not the same thing?), i have to eliminate bkfst. if i have bkfst, i have to go w/o lunch. If i have breakfast, i will not be less hungry at the other meals. I can do it at work with no problem-Plenty of liquids. The weekends are the challenge.I can easily (and I do)total 6 liters of diet soda in 1 day.
That is WAY too much. I decided right here and now, while i am talking and eating, that i will switch to flavored seltzer. the only diet soda will be my FAYGO diet choc soda (no more than 2 a day) Do u find it easier, Tony, to follow plan in NH or TN or is it the same? Enquiring trolls would like to know. I am having right now the tilapia du jour with string beans..no sauces or butter. it is great just as is. tonight I WILL be consuming the aforementioned chopped steak dinner. I have no lc bread, bagel or pita bread either. I will redress the balance come the weekend. FF
Old 01-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi ff,
although i expand my menu and eat more off-plan stuff in nashville, i eat very sporadically and am usually in a hotel with limited, on-plan snacks, so i generally drop a couple of pounds the week i am there...i attribute it to more running around and fewer overall calories...now that i spend time at my daughter's apt., the losing will become a bit more difficult, but my appetite seems to wane there, i think because i am so busy focusing on music...

artemis, if you need any help evaluating car choices, let me know...i LOVE cars! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 01-31-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #259

the chopped steak arrived 20 minutes ago...

but i am waiting till 7:50pm. i want everything ready so that i can enjoy my dinner watching BIG BANG THEORY- 6 episodes. Oh, I am cassette ready. The spare is in the closet. Hopefully, I will not need it for at least 10-15 years. Now I am gonna sip some broth. FF
Old 01-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo, beat my 1 mile time tonight! Now if I could just keep up that pace for the rest of the miles! Had a difficult time drinking my water today for some reason. Just kept making me more thirsty. Will have to try to do better tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
but i am waiting till 7:50pm. i want everything ready so that i can enjoy my dinner watching BIG BANG THEORY- 6 episodes. Oh, I am cassette ready. The spare is in the closet. Hopefully, I will not need it for at least 10-15 years. Now I am gonna sip some broth. FF
Love chopped steak. I also have been watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory, pretty funny ff.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #262

for some reason, i did not do much liquids last night.

hey, if i am not thirsty, i am not thirsty. I will finish up the diet sodas i have left, and not buy any more, except the FAYGO. tonight, i am going to SHOPRITE, to get flavored seltzers...and FAYGO. Don't tell Sheldon, but I fell asleep in the middle of the 4th episode. the hell with Sheldon...don't tell Penny. FF
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

I feel like I live in another demension. lol Most of the popular shows come and go without me seeing any of them. Only the ones that make it to the rerun channels do I ever catch. I guess when you hit the hay by 7:30pm every night you can't expect to catch the good shows.

Did get the night off and enjoyed it Artemis. Glad the IF is kicking in for you!

Did catch one rerun of NCIS. It was the second part of one and I never did quite catch on to what was going on. lol

FF, I will look for some Victoria marinara sauce next trip to the grocery store. Why they have to put sugar in everything is beyond me.

Tony, hope the weigh in goes well today. That was so sweet about Mom "being everyones Mom". I will tell her that when she wakes up again. She was up at 4, had an egg and yogurt, then we did her exercises that the PT taught us to do in her wheelchair and now she is out of it for a couple hours.

Marilee, how is the computer working? Did they save everything?

Vicki, I have mentioned this before but it still works for me in all areas of my life. One of the most important sayings I retained from OA was "One day at a time". Sometimes I tell myself, "one hour at a time" lol.

Have a great Wed. all!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, it is one minute at a time as that is all it takes for me to get into trouble... :-)

artemis, congrats on the new mile record - i think doing a 5K will be a remarkable experience, but what you are doing right now is amazing, giirl...

ff, i applaud you cutting back on diet soda, as i'm not sure the chemicals they use are good for us...whenever i have one with so much taste and zero "everything" i wonder what i am actually ingesting!...lol...

i love my days off - which means my days in between exercise days - not so much because i avoid exercising, but because it feels like an accomplishment that i exercised the day before, if that makes sense...

weigh-in soon...i'll post the results later...if i am below friday's 221, i will be very happy...

Last edited by tony8; 02-01-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Got the computer back and everything was in except for Office - so no email. I found the disc that they sent but no product code. Argh! So I need to contact Dell (my favorite people) and ask for a key code or bite the bullet and buy Office 2010 and load it.

Well, I dropped 2 pounds for January so that's not too shabby. Got on the scale this morning and I now match what my stats to the left say
Onward and upward.

Unfortunatley, I watch a lot of TV, but I'm picky about what I watch. I never got into the Big Bag Theory, but I know several people who really like it.

Well, I was off yesterday doing personal stuff (no termites noticed from the inspection - and computer guy). Also been fighting a bad cold or allergies since last Thursday. I better get to work. TTYL
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, congrats on the 2 lbs!...that's a great start to the year - keep up that pace and you'll be in a new century very soon!

i, on the other hand weighed in at 220.6 today, which is .4 lbs. down for the month...i am happy though, because i got up to 225,2 a couple of weeks ago!...i averted disaster as far as i am concerned and seem to be on a better track...i still don't know what caused that gain, but it came on the heels of me dropping several pounds when i had that cold...

today, so far:
b: 1/4 apple
l:?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #267

so looking forward to my salad, that i made yesterday

for today's lunch. I still had 20 minutes before the lunch came to an end, having come back from the podiatrist. IN THE GARBAGE!!! It was frozen like a rock. No time to get more food. I had no bkfst either.Tonight I am going to eat 2 lbs of steak(AT LEAST), and some broccoli, PLUS 8 spare ribs left from last night. the chopped steak was just not enough, even with the truckload of broccoli. I am justifiably pi$$ed!!! (and hungry). FF
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had about 4 oz. of eggplant parm for lunch...very, very good!

ff, you are a pip!...what was frozen?...
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Congrats everyone on your losses this month!

I have noticed some interesting changes in myself since trying this current WOE. I seem to be sleeping more soundly...have no idea if it has anything to do with it or not. Also, my appetite is decreasing during fasting periods. And, while I think about what all I will eat when the fasting is over with, when I finally break the fast and start eating, I get full very quickly and things don't taste as good as I imagine they would. Gonna try to get Callanetics in tonight.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Artemis, interesting observations. I did a Callanetics DVD yesterday. The leotards just kill me LOL.
Closed Thread