Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
artemis, i think it's a good idea to get away from the scale for a bit if it is holding you back...as for your friend, unfortunately, he is giving himself an ultimatum - he either wants to be your friend or he doesn't - that's the only thing he gets to choose as neither of you can force you to feel something you don't...i'd explain that to him and let him be the one responsible for ending the friendship, if that's what he wants to do...it's a burden you should not bear...

abi, that breakfast sounds so delicious - wish i was there to eat some!...are we supposed to get a big storm??????

ff, why don't you turn the heat down and open a window?...you are a marvel!

i am drawing on the last two years of blitzes to keep me from panicking on my recent weight gain...taking it one meal and day at a time...i think i am a victim of the syndrome explained in that ny times article...my metabolism has changed and is requiring an unreasonably few number of calories to maintain...i'm gonna have to trick my body and switch things up to get things moving in the right direction...

i am gonna do it!

today, so far:
b: 1 hb egg white and a piece of homemade low-sodium jerky

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
the heat cannot be adjusted. i opened a window

and put the fan on. I just got off the phone with a friend from work. He is ordering the tape decks. Next month I will order a cd player. They are not in the stores either. Perhaps I should order 2 of those as well.
technology changes so quickly. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I am going to lie down for a bit. The excitement...u know. FF
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I do not know how difficult it is to get a good fitting bra (but i DO know how easy it is to remove one HaHa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
i am obviously eating more calories than i am burning, so i have to develop a new strategy - my 42nd new strategy of these 8 blitzes! :-)
Tony, if you're struggling, I really recommend the book "Why We Get Fat & What to do About It" by science journalist Gary Taubes. It was a life-changer for me, honestly. He questions the "calories in / calories out" dogma promoted by the government over the last 50 years, and offers a fascinating insight into the real reason some of us are inclined to gain weight (and also how to lose it!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Another shoveling day yesterday. Even easier than the day before. Didn't have to pick the shovel up off the ground, just pushed the snow to the side like a snow plow. Tony, I am waiting for the big one with trepidation!! But, hey we had a great Nov., Dec, and now 3/4 of the way through Jan. Come on Spring!
At least you're getting in some exercise with the shovelling, Abigale :-)

FF, it should be a nice day to get out and get a walk in. Sidewalks should be clear now, high of 28 and some sun.

Quote:
How are Vicki, Clanger and Marilee doing?
Hello !

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
It was too cold to go running yesterday so I did Callanetics last night instead. WOW! Talk about intense! My abs are like, "Girl what were you thinkin'"
Oh artemis, you have my sympathy! I remember doing Callanetics when it first came out (a VHS with a woman in a pink leotard, leg-warmers and HUGE ultra-white teeth) - thinking it was really simple and then not being able to move for two days afterward .

Quote:
i am drawing on the last two years of blitzes to keep me from panicking on my recent weight gain...taking it one meal and day at a time...i think i am a victim of the syndrome explained in that ny times article...my metabolism has changed and is requiring an unreasonably few number of calories to maintain...i'm gonna have to trick my body and switch things up to get things moving in the right direction...
I'm wondering if your body's going into starvation mode or something, Tony? It doesn't seem like you're eating very much at the moment (which is understandable when the scale is moving the wrong way!). I'm sure you'll come up with a plan.

Well, a mixed weekend. One too many gin and tonics with a few friends on Friday night left me feeling a little on Saturday, but I'd rallied by the evening and had a mixed kebab for dinner. I was so dehydrated that the ketostix went almost black - I thought they might melt at one point! Anyway, I've been drinking gallons of water and feel much better. So far today I've just really eaten chicken in various forms.... about 12oz of it.

And my 'keto rash' - i.e. red angry hives down the back of my neck, behind my ears and across my upper back - has returned. It happens every time I go into ketosis for more than a couple of weeks, and lasts about 6 weeks. Deeply unsightly , but strangely reassuring!

Hope everybody's had a great weekend!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Good to hear from you Clanger! I have the newer Callanetics DVD's that were made since 2005. I have seen clips from the 80's ones where everyone is wearing brightly colored spandex...I didn't think I could make it through that one without laughing even if it is effective!

I got in a two mile jog through the hills today before having to go to a baby shower. I managed to not eat anything there since I was in fasting mode...and they had plates of cupcakes!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

ff, maybe you should order a horse and buggy while you're at it!...ha ha...just teasing bro :-)

clanger, i ate very little again today and am not gonna weigh until tuesday a.m...i better be below 225.2 by then!...i will check out that book - thanks for the recommendation...

artemis, good for you on skipping the cupcakes!...

i was hungry after curfew but had a big glass of water...still a bit hungry but i'm not giving in...

b: 1 hb egg white
l: salad with tuna
d: 2 hot dogs with mustard and hot relish...
Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Clanger, I should be happy I have gotten some exercise this week with the shoveling and it wasn't too taxing. I really don't get any exercise to speak of. It just makes me dread the big storm coming. Tony, they haven't forcast the storm yet but in my heart I know the 1 to 2 foot one is on the horizon. We couldn't be so lucky as to just keep getting these 3 inch accumulations.

I have just had my first cup of coffee. Measured my cream instead of just dumping it in. I Tb is 50 calories and 1 carb. Going to try to keep track today. Keeping calories and carbs to low levels and water consumption up. Going to try to check in more today to keep my eating on track.

Have a great Monday all!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #187

i wish i could. i LOVE HORSIES!!!

He could fertilize the ground,while we were riding, and when it was time to bid a last farewell to him, I could braise him (enough for a year). I wonder though, what everyone else was doing with their cassettes. If it was just a few, I would not make a big deal. but I have hundreds, much of which are live performances of opera and classical off the fm radio. If I HAD been able to order the deck from Sears, it would have cost me $592.00 for just 1 deck. By ordering on line, 2 decks cost $513.88. Now that is a deal!!! I am getting my friend a muffin for his services, and for me a tall iced coffee, which I need desperately. I was in for 2 days, so i am kind of glad to be at work today. My sloth has rematerialized. However, once i am out of the house, i am fine. FF
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

dood, i can get you a cassette deck on ebay shipped to your door for $50...i'd be happy to do it for you...this stuff will always be available...i can buy radios from the 1930s on there...no need to buy bulk...
Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

ABI!!!!....no!!!...think spring, not an inevitable snowstorm!...i had no idea there were 50 cals in 1 tbs of cream...yikes!!!...i use it in cooking sometimes, although i do not drink coffee...

don't know what is going on with my weight, but i am still doing my exercise every other day...today is the day...my pants still fit fine and i'm still on the same belt loop which doesn't make sense because i was in a larger size the last time i weighed this much...

i will eat light again today and drink as much as i can and hope i can get below 225 by tomorrow's weigh-in...
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Tony, could you be gaining muscle or losing inches? It happens to me a lot since I work out so much.

I am so incredibly puffy this morning! Couldn't get my rings on my fingers! I hate when my body does this. Well after lunch today will be another 24 hour fast so hopefully a lot of water will flush it out. I've decided to go another week doing this before I weigh (probably saturday or sunday).
Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I'm here - computer at home is still down. They haven't called me to walk me through the steps - I'm so angry!

I checked my home email from work this morning and they had sent me an email saying they had tried to contact me the past several days (no they didn't!!!!!) and were unable to reach me. I emailed them back and requested a tech make an appointment to come to my phone. As Deborah said to Ray, "Idiots"!!!!!

Up a couple of pounds - had some events this weekend where the food was supplied so I couldn't chose my own foods. It will come off soon - lots of water today and back on plans.

You boys and bras - I tell you what!!!! No wonder chastity belts work so well!

Marilee
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Tony, what kind of exercise are you doing? Would adding more resistance training up your metabolism a little. (I'm sure hoping it does with mine.)

Artemis, your commitment to intense exercise is very impressive.

Clanger, I've never heard of a keto rash. Sure it isn't something you're eating when you go back to keto each time?

FF, congrats on the tape decks. The problem with eBay buys is that they are "as is." If you don't want to keep buying the same thing over and over, sometimes it is nice to buy a new one from a reputable source with a warranty. I've burned through more than half a dozen casette tape players since I paid full price for one back in the '80s -- and the '80s deck is the only one that is still working. A sturdy well-made machine will outlast a dozen cheaper competitors. The Waring hotpot I bought back in 1979 just died this winter. The sturdy old Waring bar-style blender purchased a few years later keeps on blending and pulverizing, never sick a day in its life.

Gibby, that sounds frustrating. Good luck with your tech support. Hope they're not in India.

Abi, seems hard to believe you could be in NH and not get significant snowfall. Snowflakes there are almost as pervasive as presidential candidates.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #193

oh, the ones i bought were new and factory sealed.

the model i got was top of the line. However, when it comes to the cd player (1 disc, not a carousel), i will discuss it with you Tony first, before I make any decisions. that will be sometime in February. Music (even the kind I listen to) is even more important than Profits(which will never happen anyway), OOMOX, which requires the aforementioned in my case, and food. GUNG HAY FAT CHOI to all my HEWMON Blitzers. It is pronounced differently in Chinese. So, why don't they spell it the way it is pronounced? They are Chinese, not French or Klingon. Anyway, it means HAPPY NEW YEAR (and not, as I previously thought...HOLD THE MSG). FF
Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
[B][Gibby, that sounds frustrating. Good luck with your tech support. Hope they're not in India.

They are!

I made a typo - I want a tech to come to my home, not phone...I bought a warranty program that included that service to so they'd better.

Last edited by Gibby; 01-23-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

ff, just let me know if i can help...i buy stuff on ebay all the time and have for years...they sell new stuff as well as used...i recently bought a new $3200 guitar on ebay for $2250 and it is PERFECT...good ebay sellers stand behind what they sell to avoid negative feedback which kills their business...of course, new in the box with a warranty can give you peace of mind, but usually the warranty is for a year or less, and you have to mail it somewhere to have it fixed under a warranty anyway, and that is a hassle...and some of the older equipment was better made, so i often have the best luck opting for an older unit by a respected manufacturer, that is in like-new condition...especially when i can buy the item at a fraction of the cost and only a little more than it would cost me to ship a new product to be fixed under warranty!...

i know i sound like an ebay commercial here - sorry - but i know we often have limited resources, so i'm sharing what i've experienced over the years...

shadows, i do 300 crunches and some weight training with light weights and high reps every other day...i have one bad hip that requires surgery that prohibits me from much cardio...but i have been pretty religious about my regimen since the start of blitz I...

it's almost 3 p.m. and i have not eaten a thing yet today - just some water and not enough of that either...think i'll have an hb egg white and two big glasses of water and see if that will carry me til dinner...seeing 225.2 on the scale the other day sent me into shock!...meant i had gained back more than half the weight i've lost and that is simply not acceptable...i worked too hard to get to where i was and i'm getting back there one way or another...
:-)

Last edited by tony8; 01-23-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
...i worked too hard to get to where i was and i'm getting back there one way or another...
:-)

AMEN! I ditto that!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

hi marilee!...love your positive attitude!

artemis, i wish i was gaining muscle, but my exercise routine hasn't changed for the past two years...i'm simply gaining weight and i know that my metabolism has changed in some fundamental way, because i was eating more than this and less restrictive and losing weight...i need to try some things i haven't done in a while to try to jump start my weight loss again - curfews, more restrictions, etc...

had a good day again today and i am resisting hunger tonight...i will drink some more water and hit the sack rather than eat...for dinner tonight, i had a couple of chicken wings and a very small piece of steak...

i boiled some boneless perdue chicken breasts tonight which i will use to make both chicken salad and chicken chili tomorrow...

Last edited by tony8; 01-23-2012 at 07:31 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Clanger! Gary Taubes book Good Calories Bad Calories is what got me started low carb back in 2007. Low carb was the only way over the years I was able to lose weight but I always thought it was unhealthy. He convinced me that it was the healthiest way to eat and I lost 30 pounds. ( which I have put back on about 8 of) ugh. I hear that "Why we get Fat" is a much more readable book.

Marilee, have the techs come to your home yet to work on your computer? You may need a strong arm. I got my son in law in Missouri to get rid of Amercan Express. He had to talk to someone in India and he was very forceful and rather obnoxious in an endearing way and we got immediate results. Good luck!

Tony, I am going to try to make it to 3 today without eating if I can and then have a decent dinner. My sister is coming at 2 to give me an extra night off so maybe this will be in incentive to give me some extra will power. My days seem so long and then I get bored and the next thing I know I am eating. Once I am home the time flies and I have alot to keep me busy. We'll see.

FF, I'm not sure I would want you to baby sit my pets. After the fish story and now planning on braising your future horse, I think they would feel intimidated. lol

Shadows, we could have built a bonfire with all the mail we got before the primary! I have never heard of a keto rash before either? I guess we are all so different, anything can affect us.

Artemis, I am looking forward to seeing how your weigh in goes Sat or Sun. Hoping this IF is working for you.

Rain last night on top of the little bit of snow. It will be like a skating rink here if the temperatures drop at all!

I will check back later when I get home and let you know if I was able to keep from stuffing my face until 3. Wish me luck!

Have a wonderful Tuesday Blitzers!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Still puffy this morning, what is up with that!? Oh well, I am in fasting mode until tonight so I'll just try to get some more water in.

Tony, I'll be your water drinking partner for the day! Do you know if you are eating roughly the same number of calories each day? If so, then maybe your body is used to it and that is why your metabolism has slowed down. Just an idea. Have you ever thought about trying JUDDD or one of the calorie cycling programs?

Abi good luck with not eating until 3. Try drinking some green tea...it helps to suppress my appetite when I don't want to eat until a certain time.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

The continuing computer saga - yesterday Dell India left a VM on my home phone saying they would be calling me after 5:30 PM my time that evening. Did my phone ring? Heck no!!!! I've gone ahead and contacted a company here in Phoenix that does repair and I'll see what they can offer in the way of assistance. I've been without my computer for over a week and I want it back!

So much for the extended warranty I purchased from Dell.....I'm very unhappy with them. I think I'll get a Mac the next time I buy a computer.

The scale didn't move up or down. Status quo. Oh, well. Things have to change.

It's a new day - things will improve! Have a wonderful day - I'll TTYL!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, i hope the computer thing gets cleared up soon and congrats on not gaining - that is an accomplishment - just ask me! :-)

artemis, i think you are right - i have been eating approx. the same number of cals per day and the past few days, i've been trying to cut back...i think i will try cycling them too...thanks for the idea...

abi, good luck today not eating til 3...i am going to make some chicken salad and throw some chicken chili into the crockpot and then head to boston to visit two friends in the hospital...that should keep me busy til dinner...i will have 1 hb egg white before i go as i always worry about my body going into starvation mode if i don't eat for too long...i only ate one meal a day for 20 years which led to all my weight gain...so i have to be careful about that...

i'll check in later!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Clanger, I've never heard of a keto rash. Sure it isn't something you're eating when you go back to keto each time?
Hi LCShadows . I'm positive - it's very strange. It seems that it's rare, but not unique. As long as it stays off my face, I'm more than happy to live with it if it shifts some of this unsightly lard from my bod !

How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
GUNG HAY FAT CHOI to all my HEWMON Blitzers. It is pronounced differently in Chinese. So, why don't they spell it the way it is pronounced? They are Chinese, not French or Klingon. Anyway, it means HAPPY NEW YEAR (and not, as I previously thought...HOLD THE MSG). FF
Right back at ya, FF !

Quote:
Hey Clanger! Gary Taubes book Good Calories Bad Calories is what got me started low carb back in 2007.
I think 2007 is round about when I started reading it... I'm about a fifth of the way through now .

Oh boy, Abigale, you have my utmost respect and admiration for wading through it - I gave up. You're right, though, the 'Why We Get Fat' one is a very much easier read, and I've found it quite inspiring.

Are you having anything special for your dinner, after your 3 days without?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Still puffy this morning, what is up with that!? Oh well, I am in fasting mode until tonight so I'll just try to get some more water in.
How much would you normally eat (anything?) on a fasting day, artemis?

I was looking at JUDDD earlier - it seems really intersting - but decided that I couldn't limit myself to the 300-650 calories the site recommended (for my height/weight) for optimum loss on down days. Too scared of developing an eating disorder (given my history). I've observed that I seem to do an accidental calorie cycling thing - generally around 1,200 during the week, then anything up to 1800 - 2000 at the weekend. No idea if it's good, bad or inconsequential!

Not a bad day today. I've been snacking on roasted salted almonds and babybel cheese at work lately, rather than sitting down for a proper lunch. It's not very satisfying, so will make a proper effort to take something delicious in for lunch tomorrow... no idea what, though!

Hope everybody's having a great day!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

hmmm, clanger, babybel cheese - never heard of it but it sounds beautiful! ;-) many nutritionists say that eating small snacks every 2-3 hours is better than eating proper meals...

well, i made some progress over the past few days...weighed in at 222 this morning, which was down 3.2 lbs. from a few days ago...thank god!...

good day today:
b: 2 oz. plain chicken breast
l: skipped
d: salad topped with chicken salad and chicken chili (so so good!)
Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning!

The continuing computer saga - yesterday Dell India left a VM on my home phone saying they would be calling me after 5:30 PM my time that evening. Did my phone ring? Heck no!!!! I've gone ahead and contacted a company here in Phoenix that does repair and I'll see what they can offer in the way of assistance. I've been without my computer for over a week and I want it back!

So much for the extended warranty I purchased from Dell.....I'm very unhappy with them. I think I'll get a Mac the next time I buy a computer.

The scale didn't move up or down. Status quo. Oh, well. Things have to change.

It's a new day - things will improve! Have a wonderful day - I'll TTYL!
This past summer I had many conversations with tech dept at Dell for my computer as well. I even sent it back to the company for repair after paying $400 for extended warranty. I still can't connect wireless!!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

hey vicki, where the heck have you been?...we miss you when you are not around...

abi, i just noticed you posted at 3:49 a.m.!...really?... :-)

btw, where is our leader today?...
Old 01-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hmmm, clanger, babybel cheese - never heard of it but it sounds beautiful! ;-) many nutritionists say that eating small snacks every 2-3 hours is better than eating proper meals...
Thanks for the feedback - I just wait to get hungry and then start snacking, so I hope it's not in any way detrimental!

Quote:
well, i made some progress over the past few days...weighed in at 222 this morning, which was down 3.2 lbs. from a few days ago...thank god!...
Yay, Tony! Way to go !

Quote:
good day today:
b: 2 oz. plain chicken breast
l: skipped
d: salad topped with chicken salad and chicken chili (so so good!)
Oooh, do you have a recipe for the chicken chili, Tony? That sounds nice - love a bit of spicy food.

Well, I couldn't be bothered to make lunch, but I did have a crack at a 'One Minute Muffin' last night, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be (hardly a glowing recommendation, I know , but edible in case of emergency cravings for bread/cake like food, and probably better toasted or something).

I've prepared some tandoori prawn kebabs on skewers for dinner tonight - just need to whack em on a hot grill for a couple of minutes - can't wait !

Have a great day, all!

And congrats again, Tony, on the scale moving in the right direction!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #207

under the weather yesterday.

back on form today. I had need of the PORCELAIN utensil, if y'all get my drift. I believe I have all the jigsaw puzzles and electronics I need. (some of which are on their way to me now. For CDs & DVDs, I have my computer. I forgot about it, actually. I need to take a breather in the purchasing dept. i temporarily removed myself from WW until the 1st Thursday of May. During the time of year when the days are short it costs an add'l $10.00 car service to get me home. that plus the $13.00 WW meeting and multiply it by the # of weeks I will be gone, is a considerable saving. I never take any medications for colds or illness. The best way is to lie down and sleep it off(once the PORCELAIN episodes were over. Yesterday, there was a lot of noise in the neighborhood, so the actual sleep was sporadic. all the same i am ready for prime time. Later, blitzing HEWMONS. FF
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, where is FF? You know we worry about you if you miss a day!

Clanger, I wish I could go 3 days without dinner! I was just trying to make it to 3 o'clock. lol I did make it until 3 but I was starving and very tempted. Artemis, thanks for the green tea hint. I did have about 4 cups of coffee with cream. I ended up making a new chicken dish for dinner. I cooked chicken tenders in butter and then put a mixture of mayo, shredded white cheddar cheese and chopped artichoke hearts over the top and broiled it until it bubbled up and browned just a tad. I loved it. Could have eaten the whole bowl of the mixture cold without the chicken. Not low cal and if you ate too much of the artichoke hearts, not too low carb. 3 hearts were 9 carbs I think.

Yes, Tony, that time was right. Dog has been waking me up at 2 or 2:30. She is way off schedule. So I just get ready and come to Mom's before I get on the computer now. It's crazy I know. Terrific about the weight loss. Nothing good to report here yet.

Artemis, hope you have lost that bloated feeling today.

Marilee, that company in Phoenix should be able to get your computer going again. I am so glad my brother gave Mom one of his old computers so I have an extra one to rely on if I have trouble with one of them.

Vicki, are you trying to use a router or do you have wireless coming to your home that you can't connect to? I don't know hardly anything about wireless. I have a Cisco brand I think. It works ok most of the time but lately I have had computer hooked up to the modem. Sometimes I have push a little reset button in the middle of it for some reason or just unplug everything for a minute and then it starts working again. Who knows? Hope you can get your wireless to work for you.

Will try to hold off with the eating again today until as late as I can stand it.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-25-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, there you are FF! You posted while I was posting. Glad you are feeling better today and also watching your budget.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

ff, usually i would congratulate you for flushing, but errr...uhhh...congrats on making it back!...

abi, i saw the weatherman today said that all the cold air was staying in canada for the foreseeable future and no snow is anywhere in sight...looks like we will make it through january and then it is only 4 weeks til march...yea!!!...

clanger, here's what i did to make the chili:
took purdue chicken breasts and bolied them in water for twelve minutes and then turned off the stove and covered the pot for 20 minutes...removed and chilled the chicken overnight...next morning, cut out the little nervy things and chopped the chicken into small cubes and threw them in the crock pot, added a jar of hot salsa, a can of black beans, 1/2 bag of frozen corn, 1 chopped onion, two small cans of chopped green chili peppers, some ground cumin, and a fair amount of mccormick hot mexican chili powder, and some organic low sodium chicken broth...mixed it all together and set the crock pot on high for about 5 hours and then turned it down to low and let it simmer some more...it was absolutely DELICIOUS and it's healthy...we will have it left over today for dinner...

then i took some of the chicken breasts i had boiled and chopped them up the same way, but this time added chopped celery and mayo, and some black pepper and mixed up some delicious chicken salad that i topped my salad with...

the plan for today is to keep busy...
b: hb egg white
l: skip
d: chili and chick salad on salad (yup again)
Closed Thread