Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
it WILLl work out for the best, Gibby.

by postponing the trip till next year, i will have no time constraints as i do now. I want to take the train to Vegas and back. that is 2 or 3 days each way. this way I can see some of America. Also, because i still eat too fast. Therefore, when the train pulls into Chattanouga, i WILL remember to CHEW, CHEW!!! FF

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Checking in, derailed a bit. Hoping to get back on track. As usual I am floundering around trying to find what works. I am sick of the healthy stuff LOL. I made a tofu mock taco "meat" topping for taco salad last night. It was ok, but tonight I am making chili with real meat and stuff. I had full fat yogurt with pnut butter and a banana with unsweetened coconut for breakfast, yummy. And, I felt satisfied afterwards. Lunch was fresh veggies with humus and taboulah, what was left of it. I am ready for some "rib-sticking" chili tonight!

scox, welcome aboard. Don't stay lurking. We welcome your input.

I found out today that I have 100 lbs of grass fed beef going to the locker for processing. I got it for 2.80 a lb. Now I just need to figure out how I want it processed then I will pay for it and a new freezer.

Liz, those brownies sound yummy.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
Therefore, when the train pulls into Chattanouga, i WILL remember to CHEW, CHEW!!! FF
Pardon me boys, is that the Chattanooga CHEW, CHEW?????
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
who is scox?...welcome, if you are here but invisible! :-)

good day today, but BUSY!...

artemis, hope you have a blast with the kids - bet you will...

ff, do you not like to fly?...gonna make it kinda difficult to get back to your homeworld some day, won't it?

abi, we had canceled our trip, but my buddy sounded so sad on the phone tonight, we reversed and are going tomorrow afternoon and staying til sunday...should be fun...we've been friends for over 31 years - met in college and he and his wife have been together since high school...

hope everyone has a great weekend - i'll miss y'all ;-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Therapist came yesterday and had Mom do some exercises in bed. Arms lifted, legs trying to lift. I just went through the routine with her. Not going to be easy for her. Her joints are stiff and no cartilage left in hips so painful. The therapist found Mom's oxygen level is low. She will test again next week to see if the exercising has given Mom better lung capacity.

FF, you have given me a couple of good chuckles to start the day. I envy you planning to sleep in today until 5am! Sounds like a great plan!

Artemis, good luck on the no temptation with those chocolate chip cookies! The kids will love you for making them though! When I get together with grandkids only once or twice a year the younger ones always want to make thanksgiving turkeys. It does not matter if it is in July! We used to get together every Thanksgiving when we all lived in Alabama and started the tradition then. You know, the apple stuck with toothpicks and gumdrops for the tails and a marshmellow for the head etc. It is a sneaky way to get a bunch of candy from "MiMi"

Tony, hope you have a good time in Brattleboro today and tomorrow. The roads are pretty clear now from the sleet and snow of yesterday and Thursday. If you drive down Putney Road heading toward Main Street and pass the Marina Restaurant, Mom lives on a street within walking distance up the hill toward town.

Vicki, good price on the beef and with that new freezer you will save alot of money down the road!

Wow, Marilee, 38 degrees in Phoenix! What a change from all those days and days of 100 and above. Too bad you can't package this cold weather up and spread it out over the hot season.

Had bratwurst, eggs and salad yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, we'll probably get there around 3 or 4 p.m. and we may hang out for awhile in town somewhere this afternoon...our friends live on upper dummerston rd - both work at brattleboro hospital...she's a pt and he's the director of food service...he made dinner reservations in some other town, canceled them when we weren't going and was gonna try to make them again...can't remember the name of the place...

btw, how did you cook the bratwurst and eggs?... :-)
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, I copied and pasted from another thread, oops. You caught me red handed
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha Ha Vicki, I was trying to figure out how I missed the post from scox too!

Tony, actually I ate the eggs as egg salad and the bratwurst just pan fried. Sorry, it sounded like I had come up with some exotic concoction. lol
Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I don't know how long Upper Dummerston Road is but the Country Club is on that road too. That is the place we used to go for breakfast until they closed for the season. DH works there during the season doing ground maintenance. I'm anxious to find out what town you went out to eat at. Hope you had a great time.

Had left over bratwurst, egg salad, and green salad yesterday.

It is 0 degrees out this morning. Brrrrr

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
can't wait to see the pics of the pantless clanger
Believe me, Tony, you can !

I've given in (before the seams of my pants do) and purchased two pairs of work pants and a jacket in a larger size. The constant fear of accidentally exposing myself won out over my subbornness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
By the way, what do you put in your meatloaf?
I have no idea, Abigale - I just got it ready made from the supermarket and shoved it in the oven .

It tasted like I imagine FF's giant hamburger meatloaf would taste, wrapped in ham. I think if I were making it myself I'd probably do 50:50 beef to pork ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Something is weird with the coffee at work this morning...the creamer I put in floated instead of mixing in!
You could put a shot of whisky in it next time, and, hey presto, an Irish Coffee. That'd set you up for the day :-)

Quote:
It has been confirmed that the kiddos are coming so hopefully it will be a great weekend! They've already asked me to make them some chocolate chip cookies...and being the cool aunt that I am, I will do it, but hopefully will not be too tempted to eat them!
Stay strong Artemis!!! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! It's freezing here (literally, the car said it was -3 this morning), but the hard frost and clear blue sky is absolutely beautiful.

I treated myself to two books this weekend to try and inspire me to really enjoy my food - The Low Carb Gourmet cookbook and the Three Sisters Indian Cookbook. Both look amazing so I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes over the next few weeks.

Went out for an Indian Buffet meal on Friday night with some work colleagues (and a few drinks, too... hic!), and piled my plate high with Tandoori fish, lamb and chicken... much to the vague horror of some of my colleagues . Had a brilliant time.

How's everybody's weekend?

Last edited by clanger; 01-15-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Clanger, we have the beautiful blue sky here today too along with the bitter cold.

I have never tasted any Indian food. I lead a pretty dull life I'm afraid. Have fun trying out the recipes in your two new cookbooks!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Whew! The kids just left and boy am I exhausted! It was just 24 hours but it seemed like such a long time ha ha. I went off plan a bit, but that's ok. If it's one thing I've learned in these 8 years of maintenance is that life happens and it doesn't really work to deprive yourself. It's much better to enjoy the special moments and get back on track afterwards. In fact, I might fast tomorrow. Not sure yet.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #133

i love to fly, and i love to fry.

Kind of anticlimactic after reaching this star system and the equivalent of your warp 9, not to mention a few temporal side bars along the way!!! Technology has passed me by. Nobody sells audio casette decks anymore. I may have to listen to all my hundreds of cassettes on my walkman. However, tomorrow I am visiting a place that sells vinyl LPs (what's that?!). THEY would know if anyone does. Got a nice salad from the diner (i had a halibut/salmon combo). I will add a can of tuna to it and that will be a FIN du jour in the eating dept. I have a good part of the outside of the jigsaw done. Still much to be done. It is very relaxing, and keeps my mind and hands away from food. FF
Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #134

it was delightfully cold and clear today.

If only it could be that way ALL YEAR ROUND, except on those rare (rear)occasions when i am at the beach. It is my fiscal duty to protect the fortunes of those who invested in the companies which manufacture thong bikinis. F(because I care)F
Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i have been employed as a thong inspector for years - good work if you can get it :-)

abi, just got back from vermont - had a wonderful time...i was driving by the country club just a few hours ago and my friends told me they walk their dog there, off-season...if you approach the club from the brattleboro end of the road (putting the cc on the left), my friend lives a short distance from there on the right...pretty little cape with an attached garage...i was thinking about you as i was driving all around the area...

we ate at their house last night, and had brunch at the farm table restaurant this morning, in massachusetts - i guess it just opened in november but is part of the kringle candle company complex...beautiful old farmhouse, completely re-done...had a nice mushroom and spinach omelet...i love brattleboro and the surrounding area...now when you talk about the cc, i will be able to visualize where you were :-)

artemis, no harm in the occasional off-plan eating...happy you enjoyed the kids...did you go out anywhere with them?...

clanger, you are way funny...no more pants for you!

ate well all weekend - i am very proud of myself...yesterday it was salmon for breakfast, my buddy made pasta with meat in the sauce for dinner and i only had a few bites of the pasta and small portion of meat...then i completely passed on the apple pie with ice cream during the patriots game...today, it has been the omelet and tonight a LC mexican chicken dish...skipped lunch both days...

hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Last edited by tony8; 01-15-2012 at 05:15 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Tony, you make me laugh! I found this family fun center with roller skating, bowling, laser tag and the like. The kids had a blast! We also went to the park and fed the ducks behind my house.

I found a training plan for walking/jogging a half marathon. I'm so tempted to do it, but the deal with this time of year is finding a time and place to train. I use the treadmills at the gym but you can only use them for 30 min at a time.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Have fun trying out the recipes in your two new cookbooks!
Thank you, Abigale - do you like spicy food?

I was thinking about how to best keep myself on plan. I've tried the "just think of food as fuel" approach before, but I really do enjoy food (evidently, from the size of my backside ) so decided to explore the possibilities in the hope of keeping my tastebuds interested in Atkins.

Quote:
I went off plan a bit, but that's ok. If it's one thing I've learned in these 8 years of maintenance is that life happens and it doesn't really work to deprive yourself. It's much better to enjoy the special moments and get back on track afterwards.
Sounds like you had a blast, artemis! And congratulations on 8 years of maintenance - now that's really an achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
Technology has passed me by. Nobody sells audio casette decks anymore. I may have to listen to all my hundreds of cassettes on my walkman. However, tomorrow I am visiting a place that sells vinyl LPs (what's that?!). THEY would know if anyone does.
Oh, FF, I'm sorry to hear that! You can buy a cassette to MP3 converter for about £30... but obviously that'll only be of use if you have an MP3 player !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
ate well all weekend - i am very proud of myself...yesterday it was salmon for breakfast, my buddy made pasta with meat in the sauce for dinner and i only had a few bites of the pasta and small portion of meat...then i completely passed on the apple pie with ice cream during the patriots game...today, it has been the omelet and tonight a LC mexican chicken dish...skipped lunch both days...
Glad you had a fab weekend in Vermont, Tony! The farm table restaurant sounds amazing! And well done on passing on the apple pie with iec cream - you have an iron will, Mr T!

Quote:
Tony, you make me laugh! I found this family fun center with roller skating, bowling, laser tag and the like. The kids had a blast! We also went to the park and fed the ducks behind my house.
I bet you were the biggest kid of all, artemis !

Quote:
I found a training plan for walking/jogging a half marathon. I'm so tempted to do it, but the deal with this time of year is finding a time and place to train. I use the treadmills at the gym but you can only use them for 30 min at a time.
Is the 30 minute limit at all times, or just during busy periods?

Well, I'm just about to set off for work, having scoffed some summer berries with double cream for breakfast. My lunch (ham salad) is packed, and I have some roasted salted almonds to snack on if I get hungry. Just time for another quick coffee with cream before I leave... (well, not really, but I can't seem to motivate myself to go out into the freezing cold this morning)!

So is it a big holiday weekend for my friends across the Pond? Do you have today off as well?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Clanger, the schools are closed here today. Don't know about the banks etc. I do like spicy food so I might like indian food. I too am trying to find something that will keep me motivated and back on the losing side of things. I am so disappointed with myself that I have let myself put on several pounds.

Tony, glad you had a great time and did so well in the eating dept. If you noticed the Grafton Cheese Factory just before you turned on to Old Dummerston Road that had like a big pond in front of it. That is called the Retreat Meadows and was formed by the Connecticut River. On the exact opposite side of the pond is Mom's house. You can see it from the cheese factory. We used to climb down the bank and go ice skating on the meadow. My sister in law and brother have been to the Kringle Candle shop and talked about the restaurant there. The man that started the shop is the son of the guy that started Yankee Candle I have heard.

FF, Fin du jour - ha ha. Are these anything that you could use for your cassettes?
Amazon.com: cassette player

Artemis, you are really going to be the favorite Aunt after taking the kids to that fun place!

Need to run! Have a great Monday all!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Think I must have had too much fun this weekend cuz I feel like poo this morning! Well and in addition to physical ailments, I had an argument with a close friend last night so I am feeling emotionally down too.

Since I don't feel well I might just turn this into a fasting day. We shall see.

Clanger, yes the gym I go to is free for employees so they have a high number of people trying to use all the equipment which is why they put the 30 min time limit. Stinks but it's free so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all. Down 2.6 pounds last week.

Not a good weekend - my home computer crashed big time. I sit and stare at a blank screen with a little dash blinking at me int he upper left hand corner. Spoke to New Delhi for a couple of hours and my hard drive won't boot. I've only had this computer since around May and this is my second breakdown - the first time they had to replace my disc drive. Now this. I'm ready to take my Dell and recycle it and start over!

Oh, well. Better get to work. We are open today - no holiday for us.

Marilee
Old 01-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i know exactly where that pond is and the cheese factory - very pretty spot...tell me what you know about that retreat and all those buildings around it...interesting looking complex - an old mill and a school perhaps?...

i heard the same story about the farm table - the son of the yankee candle founder was only 21 years old or so and his dad got him set up...really pretty spot...what did your brother think of the restaurant?...

artemis, that sounds like fun...where is that fun center?...i'll have to go there sometime...sorry you don't feel well...hope you and your friend make up soon - estrangement from people close to you is very stressful...

marilee, CONGRATS on losing 2.6 lbs. last week!...nice job, girl...i never have trouble with my dell...did you get it direct from dell or from a box store?...

hey clanger, it's martin luther king jr's birthday over here - nice, mid-winter holiday...i like your menu!

having a relaxing day at home today and eating moderately and trying to drink a lot of water...

b: leftover salmon
l: salmon
d: salad and tuna?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I didn't get it direct from Dell. I was talking with one of our IT guys here at work and he said next time, go direct to Dell. Otherwise, you don't know where they got the parts for your computer. He did say, however, that those things break - he equated them to the tires on your car. Everything is fine until you pick up a nail - it can happen at any time.

Oh, well....thankfully I can access my email from work.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

I didn't have today off either Marilee!

I am going to try to be more strict with cycling my calories this week because it really helps me out a lot!! Today was a down calorie day so I saved all my available calories for this evening. I had a lot of whooshing going on today so hopefully that is counteracting the fluid I picked up from the weekend.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tony, as far as I am aware, the Brattleboro Retreat was built back in the 1800's for the treatment of mental illness. It still today treats in patients and out patients including children with mental health and addiction problems. I will have to ask my brother about their thoughts on the restaurant. Boy you and FF are going to grow gills with all the fish consumption. lol

Marilee, terrific about the weight loss. Bummer about the computer. I had a Dell crash a couple of years ago. Unfortunately it was my fault. Was sipping on a glass of wine when our dog Bama tried to get in my lap and knocked the wine over on the key board. They were able to save my files and pictures by not the computer itself. A very expensive lesson for me.

Artemis, hope you and your friend can get back on good terms. I hate when that happens. It makes me feel so down. Hope you feel good today!

Where are Vicki and FF?

Had the insides of a cold cut wrap yesterday and some ground beef with green peppers.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #145

well, no luck in the cassette deck hunt.

i am off Friday. I will try one last chance at Best Buy., and a few other places. wish me luck. Neither PC Richards or Radio Schlock sells them or the boom boxes (we used to call them GHETTO BLASTERS)anymore. I have accumulated hundreds of cassettes which i taped off FM radio. am i doomed to have to listen them on headphones only? As i am talking, i just realized i forgot to bring my low carb bread to the office. I hope I remember before I retire. I did PIG OUT out yesterday (on vinyl) Lots of baroque music on good imported labels for the price of a song per disc.FF
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Abi, you do IF right?? Or am I thinking of someone else? I read an interesting article yesterday about a new way to do intermittent fasting and it has intrigued me enough to try it for a week because it really simplifies my calorie cycling.

Marilee, congrats on the weight loss and sorry about your computer! They must not make them like they used to. I had a Dell laptop for 7 years and never had any problems with it. So, I bought a new one last year and have had to get it fixed 3-4 times within one year!

Thank you all for your concern about my friend and I. I am still feeling blue about it. It's one of those sensitive things where he wants to be more than friends and I don't. He thinks it is because my parents don't like him (which is true that they don't) but I keep telling him that it's me. Things blew up the other day and he said a lot of mean things about my family which I did not like and which was totally out of line.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about your friend, Arte....relationships can be so difficult.

ff-I had a bunch of cassettes that I didn't want to get rid of and I found a cassette/CD combo player so they are still out there. Maybe you can find one on Ebay.....I also know there are companies that seel LP record players with cassette and CD playing capabilities. There is hope!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, as marilee points out (hi marilee!), they are definitely still around...i know you don't like to shop on-line - you don't even have a credit card, do you?...ebay will have them...if you can't find one and want me to, i will get one for you and have it shipped to you...let me know...

artemis, sounds like he was definitely out of line...he may have been disappointed, but he should not have attacked your family...when under pressure, sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes they reveal their true nature...trust your instincts and most often, you can trust your family's judgements as well...it will work out... :-)

abi, thanks for the info on the retreat - i was wondering about that place...i'll be back out to keene on the 3rd of february - we are meeting our friends for dinner at nicola's italian restaurant...ever been there?...it will be my first time, but i think nicola worked for my friend for a bit before he opened the restaurant...

feeling strong and motivated this morning...i will do my exercises and then eat something light and head out to try to find some real estate!...

hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #149

well, there is STILL a ray of hope

SEARS may have some. the lady with whom i spoke on the phone, said that if the model i wanted was not in stock, they WILL order it for me. I will get 2 of them. It is a foregone conclusion that if i am having this much difficulty now, then when the one i order has worn out its parts, there will be no more. the one I want is THE most expensive one...double deck, and both recording, and both auto reverse, dolby b, c, & hx pro. Worthy of a Ferenghi, to be sure. Well, we shall see. Obviously i cannot order them both at the same time. i would have to order the 2nd one in a month or 2. WISH ME LUCK. it is not often I am obsessed by something other than profits, OOMOX & food. I am enjoying a wonderful salad right now, and the official fish of the hospital -TILAPIA. FF
Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for dinner i baked chicken breasts, topped with sliced tomato and melted pepper jack cheese - it was soooo good!

hope everyone had a happy, LC day... :-)
Closed Thread