Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Clanger.

I weighed this morning and I am 210.3.

My first day of reintroducing foods back in after the 5 day "fast" called for one organic apple chewed well this morning. Lunch and supper are supposed to be pretty bland: small salad, brown rice, or potato etc. A light protein such as chicken or fish can be added too. I am making bean soup for supper though so I may have a small bowl of that. I need to go shopping since my refig. is pretty bare.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone! Welcome Clanger

Sorry I've been MIA. Everything is fine - I was under the weather yesterday so stayed home from work and slept a lot.

I'm down over 3 pounds since Monday, so that is good news, and I did eat yesterday so it isn't just from being sick.

I read through the posts quickly and I'm glad everyone is doing well and is upbeat for a good new year.

I must get to work so I'll talk to you later!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings, Clanger!

so delighted to have u back on board. Nerts, back to work time!!! More later. FF
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #34

ordinary humdrum lunch....yet absolutely FABULOUS!!!

baked tilapia (about 6 oz)and a healthy ladle of stringbeans. no lemon, no sauce of any kind. but yummo to the nth degree!!! One wonders why one cannot stay on plan for more than a few months at a time. Tonight, i am having a lovely salad with my shell steak. I MAY allow myself 1/2 of a low carb bagel which i will butter and upon which I shall sprinkle minced garlic. Yes, i WILL, by Zeus!!! FF
Old 01-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
baked tilapia (about 6 oz)and a healthy ladle of stringbeans. no lemon, no sauce of any kind. but yummo to the nth degree!!! One wonders why one cannot stay on plan for more than a few months at a time. Tonight, i am having a lovely salad with my shell steak. I MAY allow myself 1/2 of a low carb bagel which i will butter and upon which I shall sprinkle minced garlic. Yes, i WILL, by Zeus!!! FF
*runs off to google what on earth tilapia is, having never heard of it * oooh, fish - sounds lovely, FF!

I know what you mean about wondering why one struggles remaining on plan. I had a really simple dinner tonight of roast chicken (skin on ), a little leftover ratatouille and a handful of mixed green veg in cream sauce and it was absolutely delicious! Why on earth I got side tracked into scoffing pizzas and crisps for the last six months, I don't know .

Thanks for the welcome, everybody, it's much appreciated !

I'm going to read the article now that Tony referred to in an earlier post - souds very interesting indeed.

It's absolutely freezing here too - 39 degrees - time for a hot water bottle and a cup of hot broth or something (unfortunately not Brandy - too much of that over the festive season) to warm the cockles.

Congrats, Gibby, on the 3lbs loss. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Tony - great to see that you're still battling on - you have amazing staying power, my friend!

Last edited by clanger; 01-04-2012 at 11:19 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
FF, you're very smart to find LC alternatives for what you are craving. I made pizza once with an almond flour crust and that came out pretty well. I think it was from a recipe on the board here somewhere.

I also seem to have a bottomless appetite right now, but think it's the constant cold. It's not that I want to eat off plan -- it's that I want to eat everything in my refrigerator. I normally eat most of my food between 10A and 4PM. But the last few days I've been eating something about every two hours between 7AM and 7PM. So eating more and moving less (because I'm not walking outside as much with the ground icy) -- that doesn't seem like a great prescription for weight loss. I am wondering if I need to do a higher than usual fat content for a while to turn the appetite off again.

Clanger, I was reading a link posted on another board to an old time LC article. The doc who wrote the article was speculating on that exactly -- why do we eat off plan, especially why do we crave sweets. Unfortunately (it was published back in the 1930s or something) he concluded that women do it either because they have been disappointed in love or have never let themselves be in love (which I take to be a polite euphemism for sexual frustration). Thank heavens our analysis has gotten a little more sophisticed (and scientific) since then.

Marilee, welcome back. Glad you're feeling better.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Happy Birthday FF!

Workout didn't go as planned since I didn't have the proper shoes. But I did get a decent amount of time in on the elliptical. Then, I came home and finished off my veggie soup.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
there is going to be no denial,or frustration at the FF household. I will accommodate all my needs within the parameters of low carb & portion control. I passed up a birthday celebration in my honour for 2 reasons. One is that I be will expected to eat off-plan (like when i turned *^&% last year), and it would mean missing Goetterdaemmerung live from the Met. It would not be a birthday w/o Wagner live from the Met. FF
Good for you, FF! - when is / was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
I am wondering if I need to do a higher than usual fat content for a while to turn the appetite off again.
That sounds like a great idea. I tend to become a bottomless pit with a ravenous hunger the week or so before TOM, and eating higher fat during those times really helps. I seem to recall developing an addiction to slow cooked fatty pork with crackling ), and pork ribs last year and ate virtually nothing but that for about 5 days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LShadows View Post
Unfortunately (it was published back in the 1930s or something) he concluded that women do it either because they have been disappointed in love or have never let themselves be in love (which I take to be a polite euphemism for sexual frustration).
Does that mean that when I'm at work, instead of reaching for the sweetie machine for chocolate I should actually be reaching for something else entirely to ease my apparent frustration ? That'd make a real spectacle in the office !

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Workout didn't go as planned since I didn't have the proper shoes. But I did get a decent amount of time in on the elliptical. Then, I came home and finished off my veggie soup.
Good for you, artemis19! Making the effort to make exercise part of your day and actually doing something, even if not as fully effective as you planned, is the main thing. I haven't quite got my mind into the exercise midset yet . I've put so much weight on (about 30lbs) since I was last there that, to be honest, I'm a little self-conscious to go at the moment. All told, I've probably around 65lbs to lose in total.

Well, a pretty good day yesterday. It was 'Day 2' of my return to Atkins and I had some hellish sweet cravings at about quarter to midnight. I drank half a litre of water, though, and that seemed to sort me out. Have made lunch to take to work today - ridiculously hot Coronation Chicken with some salad leaves, and have a chicken breast with leftover ratatouille waiting for the microwave for my dinner tonight.

Have hit around 60% fat, 30% protein and 10% carbs for the last two days so will hopefully be in ketosis today. I'm strangely looking forward to the rather explosive effect of ketosis on my lower portions that I always get on day 3 *ahem* - gross as the emergency evacuation may be, at least it'll give me the satisfaction of knowing that my body has switched to fat-burning mode.

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by clanger; 01-05-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy Birthday FF! Was it yesterday? You are so right that the food we are allowed to eat on low carb can be so delicious and satisfying. We just need to plan ahead so we have it on hand and are not tempted to get into the dangerous food.

Marilee, terrific on the 3 pounds down! Sorry you have not been feeling well.

Artemis, what do you put in your vegetable soup for veggies. Do you buy a stock or make your own?

Vicki, how was yesterday on your eating plan? I bet that apple tasted like heaven!

Clanger, I have been really hungry lately too. There are so many temptations laying around still from Christmas. I finally bought a bag of pork rinds to grab when I get really tempted. They helped last night curb the cravings.

So Tony, is this day one of being out of the rat race?

Yesterday I had pot roast, some cheese, some ground beef and pork rinds to keep me from falling off the wagon. Definately not enough water. Will try much harder on that today.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catnmouse
Stats: 249/239/175
WOE: Atkins sort of : )
Start Date: October 25,2011, restart march 2013
:Happy New Year Everyone!
New around here, sort of. Joined end of October/November.
Start weight 249.9
Currant weight 224.4

Was a little bad during holidays, gained 7 lbs back
But now got rid of that, and back on track.

Lcshadows, read the article in nyt,
Very interesting! Thanks for posting it.

My first goal in 2012
Lose 20lbs by birthday 3/5/12
January goal lose 8 lbs
Second goal lose 25 lbs by 6/3/12

Just started working out, hope that gets the muscles building and metabolism moving.
My daughter is 15, birthday is January 25
She weighs about 10 lbs more then me.
We are in this together.
Taking care of 82 year old mother, with heart disease,dimentia, and slight diabetes(no meds). She lives with me. Own restaurant/pizzeria, so very challenging not to eat piza, because it's so easy to grab on the way to pick up daughter from school(no time to eat at lunch because it's busy then. That's how I put on so much weight in the first place ( our pizza is truly great). So now I eat either chicken salad or grilled chicken for lunch with a tbs of honey mustard. I really don't like lettuce so don't eat to much salad, when I do I use too much dressing.
Trying to get older son (all kids work for me) who is 400lbs plus to join us in lc lifestyle. But you can't force them.

Been overweight all my life, and look back and see why, love carbs! Love Italian bread especially. If anyone knows a good Italian/French bread recipe please tell me, miss it soooooo much. I've tried lc pizza recipe by kevinpa, it was good, trying to get hubby to develop it for our store. He has no patience whatsoever, also is thin so it doesn't matter to him.

Well, enough about me, good luck to everyone on their goals this year!

Last edited by catnmouse; 01-05-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome catnmouse

I don't know how you do it working with pizza all day. You must have a will of iron! Thank you for posting all of your information so we can get to know you. I'm 63, been single for most of my life, and have been battling my weight for over 30 years. There's more to me than that, but that will suffice for now

The scale was up a pound today, but since I weigh every morning to make sure I'm not too far off track, I know the ups and down fluctuations so only really count the weight activity for one week; i.e. what happened from Monday morning's weigh in to the following Monday morning's weigh in? I gain weight so quickly, I appreciate the daily weigh in.....others don't like it. Whatever works....we are all unique.

Any who. I'm at work today and have looked around my ofice and it is a mess. Left over Christmas stuff, clutter, etc. I'm going to clean it today and start the year off on a good foot. So, Ill TTYL!

Happy birthday ff!!!!!!!

Marilee
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Clanger, I know what you mean about getting into an exercise routine! I have been doing it for so many years now that I feel guilty if I don't. But if I deviate from my routine the slightest bit it's hard to get re-motivated. Especially this time of year when you just want to stay inside and curl up under a blanket!

Abi, this time I put every veggie I could get my hands on, I love veggies! It wasn't as low carb as I have made previously, but I left out potatoes, noodles, and rice which are commonly found in soups that you purchase so it was still fairly low. I also found an unsalted veggie stock which I had never used before but it turned out great!

Cat, we are soooo happy that you have joined us! We all have different plans and goals here, but everyone has been so supportive in this group! I think getting your family involved is a great thing. Having family and friends support at home is crucial to losing weight and keeping it off.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
HEY CLANGER!!!...welcome back, girl!...we missed you and your warped sense of humor around here (full disclosure, mine is equally warped!)...so happy you are around...

i don't know how abi is going to compete with your posts from england at 3 a.m., but she just might :-)

ff, when is/was your birthday???...give us some warning bro - we would have baked you a meat-cake...

abi, the closing was yesterday and now i have 45 days to identify some replacement investment property to defer the taxes...the race is on so i will be busy with that and my songwriting...

cat, welcome to you and your daughter - is she mouse?...i will fill you in more when i have more time, but it is so nice to meet you and hear a bit about your family...pizza from nj - are you italian?...i grew up in a big italian family in ri and love all the food that goes along with that...

artemis, sound like you are feeling better and that makes me happy :-)

marilee, you are a hoot!...

shadows, too funny about the sexual frustration...ff, we may have to revive the harem chamber in here...

i never get a cold but i seem to have one and i cannot taste anything so that is helping...i'm doing well since the new year started...will weigh in in a bit and entertain you all with the results...

haven't eaten anything yet today...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Cat. I have had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago. However, I tend to yo yo since having the surgery. My lasted loss occurred when I began LCing 3 years ago and I lost down to my adult lowest wt. But, regained back 40 0f 59 lbs. So, here I go again. Since starting LC woe I have transitioned to healthier and clean eating. I am now looking into the flexitarianism.

Yesterdays break fast went well. I had an apple for breakfast, baked potato for lunch a couple of handfuls of sunflower seeds for a snack and bean soup and a clementine for supper.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
I finally bought a bag of pork rinds to grab when I get really tempted. They helped last night curb the cravings.
Great minds think alike, Abigale ! I also purchased a multipack of pork rinds today (well, pork scratchings, but I think they're the same thing). Hope it works to curb your cravings! Good luck with more water today!

My downfall is snacking on crisps in the evening - I could easily get through a 6 x multipack in a single sitting. However, I can only manage a single small bag of pork scratchings (washed down with lots of water), so I'm hoping having them in will help.

catnmouse ! Great to have you on board - good luck with your goals, and avoiding that pizza!

I keep meaning to get around to trying to do a home made one using a low-carb tortilla or pita bread but haven't tried it yet - has anyone else? I did try a 'cauliflower crust' base once, but it looked like the aftermath of a particularly nasty road accident when it came out of the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
HEY CLANGER!!!...
TONY!!! Thanks for the kind welcome !

Sorry to hear you've got a cold - get well soon!

Today has been a good day, food-wise. Coconut bark for brekkie, coronation chicken for lunch and roast chicken with leftover ratatouille for dinner. May have some pork scratchings for a snack. Tomorrow's meals have just come out of the oven - roast chicken with a sage and onion stuffing and lemon butter - hope it tastes as good as it smells!

How's everyone's day gone?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Woot, I'm in ketosis :-)
Old 01-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger View Post
Woot, I'm in ketosis :-)

Good job!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good job!
Thank you, Gibby! How are you today?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, well, well...good to see the thread so active today!...

as i said, i NEVER EVER get a cold or flu but this head cold is unbelievable!...i feel fine except for my head which feels like my brain must be draining out of it!...lol...

i feel fine otherwise, but i cannot smell or taste anything, so i made ribeye steaks on my new weber grill tonight and had one small bite...i'm not hungry, so i'm taking advantage of that fact...

i weighed in at 218.4 today, which i think is down .8 from yesterday...i'm drinking a lot trying to flush this cold...we'll see what happens tomorrow on the scale...i'm within 16.4 lbs. of my 20 year low today and that really doesn't sound too bad to me...i start feeling light when i get below 212 lbs. and really better when i am under 210 and that's not too far away...

how's everyone else doing?...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Clanger, congrats on achieving ketosis! If you do reach for something other than chocolate at work, do let us know how that turns out. :wink:

Artemis, I only wish I felt guilty enough when I don't exercise to actually go do it. Maybe eventually I will.

Welcome, catnmouse! Boy, you have a few challenges there. Sandwich generation with a lot of responsibilities and a pizzeria. You are going to need a will like iron. Read FF's posts. A lot of what he says can help you develop that.

Tony, chicken soup, dude. So much garlic you can taste it. It cures everything.

Vicki, are you still doing a cleanse?
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #51

my birthday is FEB 13.

I was supposed to be at (earth)brother's on Feb 11. However, that is the day of the matinee of Goetterdaemmerung...the radio broadcast, that is. That was completely sold out. Even if it there was no opera, I would have had to create an excuse not to go. I can never get away from being force-fed at those affairs. Once a year is enough, thank you. And now for THE NEWS, and it is NOT pleasant. I cannot prove i am who i am to satisfy the US State dept. Ergo, I cannot get my passport renewed before the departure date. I have only one possibility: GREYHOUND. It is a 3 day trip one way. i do not even know if my superiors will sanction the amount of time necessary for me to be away. We are talking 2 weeks now. Also, i must verify, if they need documentation to allow me to get on board. Back home, LATINUM LEADS THE WAY. Otherwise, i will have to wait until after i retire, to run around and get all my documentation. However, i stayed on plan yesterday, within my daily WW points, and within my Induction level carbs. For lunch, I had a grilled chicken Caesar salad and McD Angus burger with bacon and cheese. they do not melt the cheese. for dinner, i did one of my rare chinese episodes. I had 2 large orders of ribs and a large shrimp and broccoli, and ate it all in one sitting. total carbs for the day, about 15. I also had after that, a 2 oz wedge of Kraft extra sharp cheddar. Because i had gained during Nov & Dec, i had extra WW points. So, my year end weight was 318 lbs. That is still a 54 lb loss since re-induction. i could just as easily have put it all back PLUS, as i had done so many times in the past. It will require the toughness of a Klingon, but i SHALL NOT FALTER. FF
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, what about a non-driver ID from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles? Couldn't you get one of those quicker than a passport? Do you have a copy of your birth certificate? It seems like that and you ss card would get you one of those.

Clanger you are short like me. Not fair that we have to watch our calories more than the tall people. The pork rinds are helping me, hope they help you too!

Cat, glad you have joined us. I think your idea for a low carb pizza is great. Maybe you can win hubby over eventually. See if he would do a limited time only promotion and test the waters. I think that low carb is getting popular again with the general public.

Sorry about the cold Tony. I would guess that it was brought on by the stress of the business sale. I rarely get sick too but I always do when I fly. I will get strep throat just before or just after because I am stressed for having to travel. Hope you feel better today!

Vicki, are you basically eating veggies but with a little meat thrown in if you get in the mood for it?

Marilee, did you get your office all cleaned up to face the New Year?

Hey LCShadows!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Scale is still jumping up and down. Monday morning's weigh in will let me know if I had a successful week or not.

I got some of my office done, but work butted in - how RUDE! Anywho, I'll finish it today.

My knee has been hurting pretty badly the past couple of days - this is putting a lot of stress on me to get this weight off! No more excuses.....no more screwing around....it's time to get serious.

Tony, feel better soon! I hate colds and thankfully, don't get them often.

Have a wonderful day everyone - I'll check in later.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #54

yes, but i have none of the documentation needed

to get a non-driver's license. as i work for a living, i cannot take too much time off to hunt for all that stuff. I also have neither the patience nor energy. I am better off waiting till AFTER RETIREMENT. Fortunately, i do not need to prove who i am to get to ATLANTIC CITY, where i may be going next Sunday, if it does not rain or snow. I have dropped pork rinds from my regular repertoire owing to the salt. I only use them to coat my fried chicken, and when NOT eating them will cause me to go OFF PLAN. FF
Old 01-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, 54 lbs. lost is AMAZING!...it may not be such a bad thing to lose a bunch and then gain back a little, and then lose a bunch more again...it may help our bodies agree to lose more easily in spurts...

have you considered going back to your weekly ww weigh-ins?...you have a lot more willpower than i do but the extra monitoring and more frequent feedback might help...

marilee, sorry to hear about your knee...my hip shows significant improvement when i am below 210, or at least it used to when i was below 210, which has not been for a while...sometimes it can be the weather too...you're doing great - just keep doing what you're doing!

abi, i'm a guy and never acknowledge stress :-) how are you doing by the way?...and how is mom?...

i know i sound like a baby, and i have NO RIGHT to complain cuz i NEVER get sick, BUT this cold is RIDICULOUS...i may have had my last cold 15 years ago and i never remember colds being like this...the good news is that it does not seem to be affecting any other part of my body other than my head...the bad news is i've gone through a box of kleenex and my head is draining like a sieve...right now i have a sinus headache and am gonna take a nap cuz i've been awake for a whole hour :-)

picked on some stuff last night but didn't eat much...had a few blueberries this morning with my vitamin C...

shadows, i've never made chicken soup before, but today might be the day!...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #56

no, Tony...once a month is all my nerves can handle.

I am looking forward to a nice weekend. A very long walk tomorrow very early. i will put on at least 2 pairs of thick socks to cushion the soles of my feet. I will walk in the direction of THE BAKERY. that IS a 2 hour walk. Sunday, I should be able to exchange the 4000 piece jigsaw puzzle for the 2000 piece version of the same castle. the King built 3 castles, one of which I saw once there (B & N). i am hoping they have at least 1 in stock. then my jigsaw quest would be complete. the one I have is NEUSCHWANSTEIN. the other is either HERRENCHIEMSEE OR LINDERHOF. After i finish them (in 2095)and frame them, i will put an 8 x 11 autographed framed glossy of the King-Ludwig II between them, and underneath, the foto of the late Friedelind (very openly anti-****)Wagner that has me in it as well. Something to look forward to. i have not entirely given up trying to get all the documentation necessary for the May VEGAS trip. It is just so exhausting. I am running out of time and patience. If i have to postpone it to 2013 (Nov), i will neither eat off plan, nor shoot myself. PROMISE!! FF
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, just know we all look up to you and your strength, but we are here to support your efforts as well...

haven't eaten anything else yet today...didn't take a nap - instead did some paperwork, paid some bills, made several work-related phone calls and now i may take a nap...

starting to feel a bit hungry, but i think i'll drink a big glass of water and save my calories til dinner...i have steak tips to throw on my new grill - have i mentioned how much i LOVE my new grill?...
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Just checking in--sorry I've not kept up but have been super busy through the holidays, etc. Weight has held pretty steady and now I'm motivated and on a downward trend (lost a few this week.)

It's great to see everyone here! I've had a hard year too in 2011--put on about 20lbs of the 28lbs that I had lost previous year, but now I'm getting back down and my goal is to be at least close to where I was this time last year. I'll need to lose 10+ in the next month to get there but I believe I can do it.

My doctor is still adjusting my thyroid meds and it looks like it will be a while before those are figured out but at least I'm on something and treating the problem...

Anyways, have a good day everyone--(sorry to hear you're not feeling well Tony--colds are really miserable sometimes...)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey jenny, great to see ya, sis...it's so nice when you are around...i know it takes some time to get those thyroid meds balanced, but when they do, you're gonna feel great...20 lbs. really is not that much weight (i gained that pretty quickly this year), and there's no rush to any of this losing...i bet there was a lot of good food at your house over the holidays...missed hearing your menus!

i'm hoping to lose 10-15 by the end of this blitz, and i now know that is AMBITIOUS for me... :-)

i'm feeling a little better tonight...less nasally...hoping a good night's sleep gets me feeling more normal by morning...our immune systems really are amazing...

Last edited by tony8; 01-06-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

To answer a couple of questions, I am no longer on the cleanse. That ended on Wednesday and I was happy with the results. However, I still have itching which I still think is a systemic yeast problem.

I am eating primarily fruits and vegetables and small amounts of animal protein. I am staying away from dairy for the most part. I am still finishing off some half and half though. When that is used up though I can switch to coconut creamer. Today we had a meeting that lunch was served. I took a tuna pouch, carrots and celery and an apple and drank water. However, my son gave me an Olive Garden gift card for my bday in Nov and we are going to use it tomorrow. I will have to do the best I can.
Closed Thread