Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
thanks, Tony... i may have to take u up on the offer IF

i cannot get what i need thru my usual sources. Until I can resolve the saffron extract crisis, i found a wonderful product in the sale aisles at SHOPRITE. It is fruit tea from a company called WISSOTZKY TEA, which began in Russia in 1849 by a fellow named WISSOTZKY, predictably enough. It is caffeine free and is loaded with flavonoids. 20 teabags per box, and currently 2 boxes for $4.00. Say, that comes to $2.00 a box!!! The flavors I got were WILDBERRY, & BLOOD ORANGE(with Mandarin scent). Great for Halloween. I am leaving the refuge tomorrow a.m. to get MORE. It is really relaxing and goes great with opera and classical music. It will also be great as iced tea. Also it masks my food disorder symptoms. Perhaps I will not need the saffron or hoodia after all. Time will tell. I am wearing a heavy dark blue robe. I LIKE THAT!!! And I was able to turn the fan offwhich is even better. I enjoyed my METOPERA radio broadcast, and I am looking forward to the Carnegie Hall concert at 8 pm this evening (Simon Rattle conducting the Berlin Philharmonic-Mahler's 2nd Symphony-the Resurrection). wqxr.org. I am also getting a haircut tomorrow. I always feel thinner after a haircut. Later, BLITZERS!!! FF

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Started level 2 of the 30 DS workout. Oh my word! I was not prepared for that at all! Literally ever other exercise was something in the plank position. By the end of it I was almost in tears from the pain in my muscles. I was shaking all over. I swear if I don't see some changes this week, I don't know how much longer I will push myself.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Had some pork rinds yesterday as I was missing the crunch so of course scale shows a pound up. I ate fine so am not concerned. Just one of those water retention things. I had chicken fingers with dip and a big bowl of tuna salad yesterday. We'll be having quiche and bacon for breakfast after Church and I haven't figured out what I will be having the rest of the day.

Ouch, Artemis. My muscles were having sympathy pains for your muscles! How are they feeling today?

Marilee, great grocery shopping! I wonder how my pork rind crumb coating would work on some nice mild white fish with tartar sauce to dip it in? May have to give it a try.

Tony, I am excited that you have made your investment purchase. Having the wet lands as one of your views should help inspire you with your writing!

FF, glad you found the fruit tea with flavanoids and that it is helping you with appetite suppression. Whatever works!

Hey Vicki!

Hope all the Blitzers have a great Sunday!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-26-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
House went on the market Friday, hopefully it will sell soon. I am worried that there won't be anything to go to though. Still trying to get back on track. Will keep you posted.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, good luck selling the house and finding another...if you are patient, you will find something you can get excited about - but i have found that to find the right place and deal, it often takes time...

thanks, abi...that was my thought on the studio...now, i gotta get me some pork rinds...
:-)

ff, the tea sounds yummy...i have to get back in the habit of drinking iced decaf green tea...these days, if you took every beverage i drink, water makes up 99.99% of it...

artemis, if you are able to keep at it - and i don't think you should push yourself to the point of exhaustion - you will see results...it's impossible not to - your body will build muscle mass if you work it...i am looking forward to my life after hip surgery, which will probably be this year...i really miss being able to work out my lower body, which has eliminated almost all aerobic exercise - something i could use...

i spent too much time around the house yesterday and grazed all afternoon and evening...all on plan but i ate more than i should have...had lots of good stuff here - sausage and peppers, chicken wings, coconut shrimp, etc...still staying away from the ice cream and candy, although i gave both a glance yesterday!...

hoping for a good day with lots of water today...won't be weighing until i have a couple of days where i've gotten enough water...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 02-26-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
My body is so weak today, geez! I don't know if I can do another day of planks...I may need to just do it every other day and then continue with my walks/jogs on the alternate days. We'll see. For now, I am going to hit one of the nature trails and then see how much energy I have after that.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I have coated my fish with ground pork rinds and it is yummy! I didn't yet this time around, but I have in the past. I took an egg and some HWC diluted a bit in water and made a wash so the pork rinds would adhere to it. Go for it - you'll be glad you did!

I've changed my stats, as I'm starting fresh. Bummer!!!!

It's beautiful here today - 78 degrees. I love this time of year. I'm ready for Summer.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

how can you ever be ready for summer in arizona!??...isn't the best time in the spring after the rains when the desert is in full bloom...never seen it with my own eyes, but have seen photos and heard about it...i'm betting it is amazing!...

artemis, i think doing it every other day, at least until your body is used to it, sounds like a good plan...

had a good day today - didn't eat too much so far and am feeling pretty satisfied...THANKFULLY!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, glad you liked the fish coated with pork rinds. I like your idea to make the egg/cream wash to make the rinds stick. With the chicken I just rinse them in water and the rinds cling so so.

Artemis, the every other day sounds like the better plan. Walking the nature trails sounds lovely.

Tony, another day of not getting into the carbs around your house! Good going.

Vicki, hoping your home sells quickly and you find the perfect one to settle in to.

FF, how did the fruit tea drinking go over the weekend? Hope it dulled your appetite!

Besides the pork rinds, quiche and bacon yesterday I also had a big bowl of tuna salad.

Hope you all have a great Monday. My sister is coming at noon to give the afternoon and evening off. Need to work on our taxes.

Last edited by Abigale; 02-27-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #460

so far so good with the tea.

i am delighted to be back at work. i need the structure. i brought the blood orange tea with me, and leaving the wildberry one for home. i dare not get too wild at work. I did not leave the 7th floor of my building this whole weekend. Now that the germs are gone, i have to begin building myself up again. i am thoroughly depleted. I have not been taking my vitamins this year. I have to start doing that again. Now that i am doing the tea thing, I will try to cut back on my coffee drinking. I want to do no more than 1 large joe a day. Sometimes (okay, more than sometimes) I made a small pot of Savarin coffee on Sat late a.m. I still have 1 cup left. I use no more than 1 T Int'l Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer. It is the best coffee experience I have ever enjoyed (and that includes Vienna, Austria). It is the only sugar free they make, and only in the large size. It is a wonderful product. If u use too much, u cannot taste the coffee. So. do not use more than 1 T. More later. FF
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Well, yesterday was my first full day LCing. The scale was up a bit, but I figured with a change in diet that would happen.

Tony, Spring here is great, but it only lasts two weeks at the most and then the 100's come. My wish for Summer isn't necessarily the heat, but I like having daylight earlier and later. I get sleepy when the sun goes down. I guess I should have been a farmer - I respond to light.

Have a good day everyone. I'll check in later.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #462

i did not finish my thought.

I meant to say that SOMETIMES I indulged in more than one cup per day, but it became more than just merely SOMETIMES. So, i want to bring it down to no more than 1 large cup per day again. Gibby, welcome back to low carb. I do not hold low carb as sacred, only that it is the only way I can stay on any plan for a significant period of time. btw, so far, abstaining from diet soda is not achieving the results I aimed for. Perhaps the fruit tea will help. In any event, by the time the trial period ends (end of March), whether abstaining helped or not, i will be in the habit of drinking everything (incl water), but not going back to diet soda....not on a regular basis anyway. NOW I REMEMBER what I wanted to tell y'all. I was watching my fave cooking show AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN. Lo and behold, Chris Kimbal was interviewing Dominick Di Fara of Di Fara's Pizza in Bklyn. I used to be a fixture there. Back in the test kitchen, they were doing thin crust pizza. I have not been there for many years as i no longer go home from work that way. But, at my earliest opportunity i WILL go there for 2 (or 3 slices), and eat everything but the crust. i will have meatballs, sausage, and sliced sauted onions and peppers on it with plenty of garlic, oregano and pepperoncino(hot pepper flakes), and wash it down with whatever diet beveridge he has. then i will walk home as fast as this carcass will let me.I am BEHIND (heh heh heh)in my exercising. FF
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you are making me hungry!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

ff, that pizza sounds soooooo good...i think cutting back on caffeine and diet soda is a very, very healthy thing to do...good for you, bro...

marilee, spring only lasts TWO WEEKS???...no wonder i have never seen it myself - people who live there probably miss it once in a while!...

abi, enjoy the day off today, although doing your taxes isn't the most fun activity...lol...- we did the rough draft of our tax return yesterday - luckily we are getting a good chunk of cash back... :-)

gonna try to drink 2 gallons of water today and eat light and see what happens on the scale tomorrow...i feel like i gained a bit so i'm hoping flushing will change that...i'll only weigh if i feel better...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #465

no reason y'all can't have pizza in the manner i described.

LCF has lots of low carb pizza recipes. However, until i retire, and have time to experiment in the kitchen...the real deal will more than suffice...from time to time. They had herbed chicken in the cafeteria today, with which i made a small salad. I was surprised that those 3 little pieces of roast chicken filled me up. I took 2 small containers (about 1 cup each)of egg salad and cheekon salad. I was going to augment my lunch. Now i will be able to get 4 portions from them, for tomorrow and Wednesday. FF
Old 02-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't get started on taxes yet but did several loads of wash, some house cleaning etc. I did enjoy my afternoon and evening off Tony. Cooked up some more of my fried chicken tenders and made some deviled eggs so eating was fine. Watched an episode of the new Hawaii Five O. So different from the original. Same names but that is about it.

Marilee, I know you will start to see some results soon on the low carb. Don't let the scale get you discouraged. I was glad I went the two weeks without weighing. I knew I would lose something and did not want to go through the emotional highs and lows of seeing the scale bounce all over the place.

FF, I am sure missing my cream in my coffee for Lent but it has made me cut waaaay back on it. I almost have to force myself to drink it - lol - but I need the caffeine and I do like a warm drink first thing in morning.

Tony, terrific you will be getting money back from taxes. With all those kids and one in college (or two ?) you need the extra money! Good idea not to weigh if it does not feel right. I think we know ourselves well enough now to know if the scale is going to make us unhappy for the day.

FF, you made me hungry too for pizza toppings. I never thought I could enjoy a piece of pizza without the crust but I love the toppings and after reading Wheat Belly I want to stay far away from wheat!

Am boiling up some eggs right now as am getting hungry. Dog let me sleep until 3 instead of her usual 2am which was great. Am starting to get hungry and want to have something ready when I can't stand it any longer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-28-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #467

although not a Christian, i do like to try giving up

something for Lent, or in my case to continue giving up something i started to give up before Lent. In my case it is DIET SODAS. Except for FAYGO diet choc, which has no caffeine btw, I think i am doing quite well. I now believe that abstaining will do nothing to inhibit MY appetite. However, there is no reason to go back. I am also enjoying my fruit tea (also w/o caffeine). This may be a blessing in disguise, and it is delicious. I had no coffee yesterday. I was intending to finish the pot i made Sat, but i was too tired to drink or eat anything. I went to bed at 10pm and slept all the way through. I did not want to get out of bed this a.m... but i did!!! i think i've got RETIREMENT FEVER!!! 353 more days to go. FF
Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

hi abi, you are doing so well with eating good stuff!...and i believe you are a saint!...between the dog waking you up in the middle of the night and all you do for those around you, you deserve all good things in your life!...

ff, i think the best part of cutting back on diet soda is the chemicals you are not introducing into your body...i don't know about you, but the older i get, the worse i feel when i eat processed food full of chems...

had a good day yesterday...ate almost nothing all day, and then threw chicken and beef kabobs on the grill last night and they were really good...

to be honest, i think i need to stop skipping meals - i think it is messing with my metabolism as i am not feeling so well lately and it feels more metabolic than it does bug or viral induced illness...not terrible, just not quite right...will try several small meals and a lot of water today and see if that helps...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Good news no the scale. I dropped the little I had gained yesterday plus so I'm down a pound since I started on Monday. Yea!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

congrats, marilee - i'm so happy for you!...

i gained the weight you lost...the scale said 221.6 this morning - don't quite understand it as i have not been eating much or eating salt...maybe my metabolism has slowed down as a result of my skipping meals...OR maybe i do have some kind of bug that is making me feel lousy and that is causing me to retain fluid...

whatever the cause, all i can do is keep on keeping on...had 1 hb egg white for breakfast and two big glasses of water...i may start weighing more often again...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #471

i, too, am edging closer to CLEAN eating.

ergo, few Frankenfoods, or as little as possible that has a bar code. As for all the chemicals in diet soda, when i think of the vast quantities i consumed over the years, it is only my superior ET genes that have kept me alive all this time. But there IS a limit to most things, so if i can maintain a more PALEO low carb w.o.e, then all the better. Right now, I am having some egg salad alongside a "salad" salad. I was planning to have the ES on 1/2 of a low carb pita, but I want to get into the habit of saying NO, even to low carb breads. i do not HAVE to eat just because it is there. i want to be more selective than in the past. Also, i do so much enjoy my ON PLAN foods, so WHY, WHY, WHY do i go off-plan and eat everything that does not eat me first? Oh, how I wish I had an answer for that!!! FF
Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-if you find the answer to that question, please let us know
Old 02-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #473

perhaps Gibby, in about 300 years.

Until then we must do what we can. I am waiting for my chinese (ATKINS-ized)food. I told the young lady that beginning today, please add garlic to all my dishes. Why did I not think of it before? With a $20.00 order u get 2 cans of dietcoke, or 1 diet snapple. Of course, I now ask for the snapple. My last chew of solid food was 2:48pm. So, I am quite hungry. When it comes, I am using chopsticks for the Happy Family to slow me down. I am getting quite good with them. I may have to resort to adding hot sauce in addition to the chinese mustard. Good way to get the water down though. FF
Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

you have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat abi here... :-)

ff, we had some chinese food last night as well...we're twins!

marilee, i wish i had an answer to ff's questions as well...i think we would all be happy if off-plan food did not exist, so why don't we just pretend it doesn't...we aren't tempted to eat cardboard, are we?...if we don't bring it in the house and view it as inedible when we encounter it elsewhere, we'd have this thing licked!... :-)
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #475

Tony, trust me...u do not want to look like me!!!

It was great though. the addition of garlic helped. Today, i must wait till someone comes in to replace the empty water bottle with a full one, so i can have my fruit tea. Meanwhile, i am enjoying an iced coffee from THE COFFEE TRUCK. The seltzer water is thawing out. It should be ready by lunchtime, and the water (from yesterday)is room temp. Otherwise, nothing new. Talk to y'all later. I am doing a NY Post crossword. i do not buy newspapers, but my neighbors leave them in the incinerator room. By leaving the crossword undone, they are good neughbors!!! FF (btw i do this in my time, not the employer's)
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #476

addendum to previous post:

ANOTHER NY POST CROSSWORD PUZZLE COMPLETELY BITES THE DUST. I've got the speed down, now i can work on accuracy FF
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was tough and I felt really tempted. There are bags of homemade cookies and chocolates hanging around at Mom's plus a piece of pie and a piece of cake in fridge for her. She probably won't eat it as most of what she is eating now is very soft food. She is not interested in the other stuff like she was back in Nov. Like you said Tony, if we didn't bring it in the house we would have it made. I did not give in thank goodness.

Well we are facing our first storm since Oct. They are calling for 8 to 13 inches by tomorrow sometime. I may spend night at Mom's if I think there is any possibility that the roads would not be clear in morning. Actually it is her street that is the biggest problem. Sometimes it is hours after the storm they finally plow it.

Planning on having fish covered in crushed pork rinds and fried in coconut oil today. I have been craving tartar sauce since I mentioned it the other day.

Had bratwurst, chicken tenders, some pork rinds and hard boiled eggs yesterday. Scale is holding steady with 4 pounds down still from my recent loss.

FF, crossword puzzles do not agree with me. I just do not have a mind for them. Limited vocab. Now if several people are working on one together I can pop up with an answer now and then.

Marilee, so happy you are down a pound since Monday! That's a great way to start the week!

Tony, sorry you gained Marilee's pound. Have you thought about trying Dr. Kruses leptin reset program. I could not do it myself because I don't have the time to eat 30 min. after getting up but people are having success. You have to eat 50 grams of protein in that first meal. He makes himself an egg and cream shake sometimes or cooks a big bag of bacon to take to work. Now I could eat a big bag of bacon if I planned in advance and it only had to be reheated in the microwave. THE LEPTIN RX...FAQ's - Jack Kruse

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-I love crosswords. It's one of the main reasons I get the Sunday paper - it has both the LA Times and the NY Times puzzles.

Temptation is hard - congratulations on you resisters!!!

I'm doing fine - got on the scale this morning (yes I'm weighing everyday for a while) and no change which is great and was what I was expecting. I still have my goal of 2 pounds per week and I'm down 1.

Happy Leap Day everyone!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #479

submitting yet another appeal to the PARATRANSIT "svc"-

i just got a note from the podiatrist. I will be sending it out tomorrow or Friday. I have 60 days from the denial letter date of 2/2/12. Wish me luck! FF
Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
FYI, placed an offer on a house contingent upon selling my place and he accepted. Now, to get this to move.

I went to dr. today and of course had to get weighed as usual. I hate the number. I am only 4 lbs from where I started this LC journey in 08. Crap. When and what will get me going again?
Closed Thread