Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
artemis, sounds like you have a great awareness of how your body reacts to changes in your woe - that is one of the most valuable things i've learned during these blitzes...although i am nowhere near my goal, i have been eating on a plan since blitz I almost two years ago...my previous record was maybe 2 months of sticking to any restricted eating plan...but between the plans i've been on and weighing so often, i've learned so much about my body and how it reacts to different foods...

took my 16 year old son to an italian restaurant tonight - i had the stuffed pork chop - only stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella and broccoli in garlic and olive oil instead of the pasta...delicious!!!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 02-01-2012 at 05:26 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Vicki, I know right! I got the one that was made in 2005 or so. I think it was $20 on Amazon. I highly recommend it!

I am thinking about getting an impedance scale. Does anyone have one? If so, is it worth the money?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Too bad about the frozen salad FF and having no breakfast or lunch. That's the hard way to fast. I have had bags of salad freeze too in the back of the fridge. Very frustrating.

Artemis, neat how the IF is affecting your appetite. Wish that would work for me! I have had the experience of stuff I am thinking about not tasting as good as I expected. What is an impedance scale? I'm curious.

Tony, that stuffed pork chop sounds very delicious. And brocolli in garlic and olive oil, boy I am getting hungry.

Marilee, hope you are getting over your cold and allergies now. Terrific on losing 2 pounds in January!

Sister will be coming this morning to take over again. It is wonderful to be getting two evenings off every week now. No big plans, do some house cleaning and visit with my elderly relative on my way home.

Today is my grandaughter Rebecca's 14th birthday. I put this picture on her facebook this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rebecca 14.jpg (58.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
by the time dinner came, i was not all that hungry!!!

i finished the 8 ribs and drank lots of seltzer. i am off today. just relaxing, catching up on some zzzzzzs. Lately, I am not sleeping well at night, sleeping and waking every hour. Talk to y'all later. I am gonna fantasize about Tony's son's pork chop. FF
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, it was MY pork chop - there were two of them but i could only eat 1 and a small piece of the other...brought the rest home...my son had chicken parm and pasta - he's as thin as a rail and an athlete... :-) hope you get some much-needed rest...

abi, your granddaughter is so cute - happy birthday to her!...enjoy your day off!

artemis, i'll have to look up what an impedance scale is...hmmm...

it's 4 p.m. and i have not eaten a thing yet today - just have been busy...i will have some water and see how long i can go today without eating...
Old 02-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

An impedance scale is one of the fancy ones that gives you weight, fat %, fluid, and some also give muscle and bone weight. I thought it might be cool to have so that I could tell whether I was converting fat to muscle. I can feel the difference in my clothes of course but I do like my numbers!

Abi, Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!

Boy what a day I had! Had to work late and no energy for the gym!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #277

i am so sorry, Tony, for that faux pas.

it was like Julie taking credit for the BIG SALAD. But, yes... part 1 of project sleep went off w/o a hitch. I am expecting part 2 will also be successful, as i am still a bit drowsy. I had heard that the groundhog did NOT see his shadow. As a result, spring will come earlier. I do not see the logic in it, but I REALLY DO NOT CARE!!! Good night all. FF
Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Abi, don't feel bad about missing the TV shows. I got rid of my TV set so now I'm lucky if I even hear that they exist. Can't say I miss it much. If I am really determined to see something (like a show where a friend of mine did a small guest part earlier this month), I can usually find it somewhere on the web. Your granddaughter is adorable.

FF, is casette player #1 going to get a name? Really, after such a quest, it seems as if it deserves one.

Vicki, good luck with OA. A useful thought about astinence might be not just what are my trigger foods but what are the behaviors in which I engage that support my overeating or compuslive eating -- and how do I abstain from those behaviors? It's not just the stuff but how we relate to it. Have you seen Lawrie Cherniack's workbook that attempts to introduce the 12 Steps/BB stuff in a way that is more relevant to compuslive eating behaviors? Some interesting ideas in that.

Tony, that pork chop does sound delicious, and I don't even eat pork.

Artemis, I keep learning new things from you. Callanetics. Impedence scales. Can't wait to hear what is next.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, wow, how does a scale know how much fat you have?...hmmm, back to google!

hi shadows, great to see ya!

ff, you are forgiven my brother ;-)

ate my leftover pork chop and broccoli tonight - yummy again!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and sweet comments about Rebecca!

Wow Artemis, that scale sounds fantastic! I would be horrified to know how much of my weight is fat and how much is muscle. I can probably speculate pretty close though.

FF, I found some victoria marinara at the store yesterday. I really like it and its texture. Were you able to sleep ok last night after catching up yesterday?

Shadows, I really don't miss those shows either. I could probably do with tv also but I do really love watching HGTV because alot of the shows I find relaxing like the house hunters or decorating shows. They have started to add some of those what I consider rather mean shows so I don't watch it that much any more.

Tony, you do so well with eating so little. I would sure like to get to that point myself. Going to get a big glass of water right now!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i go through phases where i eat less and more...when i am not hungry, i try to take advantage of that by eating lightly or not at all, but unfortunately, it usually balances out at other times...the goal for me is to get something going where the trend is downward...

i feel pretty sure that by the end of my nashville trip next week, i will be back in the teens...but we'll see :-)

gonna try to get back to eating regular small snacky meals during the day, so i am not so hungry at night...

okay, i admit it - i have always loved tv...so many interesting things on...i don't have much time for it, but i do enjoy it!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #282

thanks for everyone's concern.

I have caught up with my sleep...at least for now. I will not be giving the casette decks a name just yet. i am still thinking of names to give my pork chops, which i shall be consuming tonight. FF
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

I'm still feeling weak today. I don't think it's from the fasting, my body was getting used to that. I think it may be some other health related issues.

I think the impedance scales work by creating an electrical circuit through your body. I know you have to weigh on them barefoot. I may see if I can find a relatively cheap one if I am out and about this weekend. I may weigh in again on Sunday. We shall see how I"m feeling.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, sorry you are not feeling well - take it easier for a bit, as you don't want to compromise your immune system by wearing yourself out...if you get the scale, please keep us posted on how it works...i read up a bit on one type that you have to enter data about yourself and it does certain calculations...i like the idea better if it actually reads something about your individual body...

ff, how about "porky" and "choppy"?...

nothing to eat yet, but i am planning a few light meals today and then dinner and a movie with my son...
Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #285

those are too obvious, Tony.

i would like to pay tribute to the most entertaining moments on broadcasting and cable...namely the pig on the GEICO commercial. I shall give the name "pinwheel" to the first, & "wheeeeee, wheeeee, wheeeee" to the 2nd. As u can observe, I have already disengaged the higher functions of my brain in anticipation of the weekend, which is 66 minutes away (for me). Artemis, do not burn yourself out. Sometimes, u have to take a good rest. Enjoy the weekend, all! Love & Profits: FLATsomething or other.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, how about "pure" and "adrenaline"...lol...

weighed in at 219.6 today...down a pound since wednesday and i'm very happy to be in the teens!...

flying to houston on sunday to hang with a co-writer buddy and then i will fly from houston to nashville on tuesday, and then back home next friday...i will check in as the internet and time allows...let's all have a great week!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Have an inspiring week Tony! Great you are back in the teens!

FF, you guys with your names for the pork chops are too funny. Now I have that weee, weee, weee going through my heard. lol

Artemis, hope all you need is a day of rest and your energy rebounds.

Back to eating too much again and up 2 pounds. Ugh Today is a new day and opportunity for a fresh start.

Have a great Saturday all!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

I managed to beat all the crazy football fans to the store today. It's raining and storming so probably will not get to run outside. Hopefully tomorrow. Need to get tons of water in today as tomorrow is weigh day again.

Tony, good job on getting to the teens!

Abigale, hang in there. It could just be fluid!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, no biggy...those pounds will come off as fast as they came on - all it takes is a couple of good days in a row...hope you had a great day today!...

artemis, i'll be there tuesday afternoon, so i hope the weather clears by then :-)

ate on plan today...looking forward to a good week on the road and solidifying my place in the teens...seeing sarah is the big incentive for me to travel...aside from that, i hate traveling without my family...when i am in nashville and writing, i love it, but getting there and back and living out of a suitcase and being away from home is a bit of a drag...

i leave in the morning and have over 8 hours of travel time to get to houston...will miss most of the super bowl as i land at 7:30 and then have an hour drive...i will check in - wishing everyone a GREAT week...stay strong!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, we have been watching some of the Phoenix Open. What beautiful country that is! How is everything going with you?

Tony and Artemis, thanks for the pep talk. Drinking decaff today to see if that will help keep my appetite down. It seems like after a couple of cups of regular is when I start feeling a little anxious and then want to eat. We'll see how that goes.

May check back later if I get a chance.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm off to the great state of texas...next saturday,when i get back, i am hoping to still be in the teens after a week around barbecue, fried chicken and catfish - 3 of my weaknesses!...see y'all as soon as i can!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

My insulin has been crazy all weekend and leaving me not feeling too good. I have been trying to rest a lot. I'm gonna try to go to the park this afternoon for some fresh air and exercise but I'm not going to push myself to run. I'll just walk and enjoy the view. I would love to share some of my pics of the nature trails.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, i hope you can share your photos...and do take it easy!...

guys, i am typing this at 40,000 feet!...i am now a member of the 7-mile high club here at LCF!...it was only $5 for in-flight wifi so i went for it...this is my second 3-hour flight of the day and i already took a nap, so.............i needed something to occupy myself :-)

today, so far?:
b: 3 oz. leftover baked salmon
l: salad and cheddar cheese in a whole wheat wrap - i know the wrap is not low carb, but it was healthy and yummy and low cal and i really enjoyed it...
d: no idea, but it will be in houston!...

keep at it, kids!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Woo hoo, contrats on being a teen again, Tony ! You're certainly getting about a bit this week! Hope you had a great flight (I never knew you could get in-flight wifi!). I hope it's not interfering with sensitive navigation equipment or anything... . Did you eat on the flight? I'm always simultaneously horrified and impressed by airline food.

Artemis - I hope your insulin stabilisies soon and you're feeling better!

Abigale - your grand daughter is lovely! I hope both you and she had a fantastic time!

vli1127 - I hope you got into the spirit of the Callanetics workout and got your leotard and leg warmers out!

I remember the first Callanetics video from the 1980s - legwarmers, sweat bands, big hair and bigger teeth. It was like Olivia Newton John's famously saucy 'Lets get physical' video, featuring geriatrics .

Well, I've been slacking a bit this weekend. I went out for a meal on Saturday night (mixed grill - very on plan and very delicious), but then ended up at a Party (red wine, gin and slimline tonic, more red wine... you get the picture!). I felt a little for most of Sunday, and didn't get much done.

In the name of accountability, even though I don't weigh, I decided a the start of this Blitz to log my food daily on ******. It's quite sobering (pun intended) to see that I managed to scoff almost 3,000 calories on Saturday, over half of which were alcohol ! No wonder I felt less than stellar on Sunday!

I have observed that if I drink, the following morning I get massive cravings for carbs. I managed to survive, though, albeit at around 40g net carb rather than my target 20g.

Back on track now, and ready for another week! My CoQ10 and 5HTP arrived this morning, so hopefully that should improve my mood and energy. I'm going to give it another two weeks, I think, and then hit the gym.

Just like Olivia!

Have a great day, all!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I used to love fried catfish! When I worked in Huntsville the staff used to go out once a week to one of the few restaurants near where we worked. I always ordered the catfish filets. Great memories.

Clanger, what a blast from the past. Always loved Olivia! I wish I could have gotten together with my grandaughter. Unfortunately she lives in Missouri and I am in New Hampshire. I only get to see the 4 of them once or maybe twice a year.

Artemis, sorry about the insulin levels acting up. Hope you are better today. We would love to see your nature photos!

Where are FF, Marilee, Shadows and Vicki?

Trying a new strategy today. I lost most of my weight in 2007/2008 by eating almost 0 carbs. Mainly meat, chicken, eggs and tuna. Some mayo and a tad of cheese. Going to try that again for awhile and stay away from the salads and occasionaly veggies.

Have a super Monday all!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #296

i am here.

just got bad news from my NYC paratransit company. I have not been able to stand and wait for a bus or subway in years., or stand in a bus or subway I brought doctors notes and a note from the car service company to show that i spend $30.00 a day round trip to get to work and back. that is $150.00 a week and $600.00 a month, and $7,200.00 a year, because standing on my feet involves excruciating pain. the next step are the politicians. I have a better chance of getting back to Ferenghinar. FF
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

So, FF, the bad news was they were not going to accommodate you any more? How come?

Would you be allowed to carry on a walker with a seat attached?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone. I have a mondo headache and I'm swollen like a balloon this morning. My body just hates me! Can't wait to see a specialist in a few months.

Having been born and raised in the south, catfish is second nature to me. Always good. But a lot of us down here like crappie better. And, no it does not taste like crap, lol. It's a really white meat fish, not overly fishy in taste. I prefer it over catfish because sometimes they can be "muddy" tasting since they are bottom feeders. But you can't order crappie in the restaurants, have to go out and catch them yourself.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone - I'm here. I'm going to have to resolve my Office 2010/Outlook issue soon. I've been under the weather for over a week with allergies/cold symptoms. It's wearing me out - I slept most of the weekend I did watch the Super Bowl. I really didn't care who won, but just to have someone to root for, I picked the Giants and they won! The commercials were great - at least most of them.

The scale is up a couple of pounds but that is normal for me. I'm drinking a lot of water today so it should go away soon.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 02-06-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
One note on the NY Times article. It mentioned that they had experimented injecting leptin, the hormone made by body fat to override leptin resistance to weight loss. Quite awhile back I put Dr. Jack Kruse's "Leptin Prescription" on here. He feels he has the protocol to reverse leptin resistence.MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION - Jack Kruse

Abigale this is something I keep saying I am going to read about and I have not done it. I will now.

I was on Atkin site when I went VLC last March. I saw some of the members talking about it. One in particuler. I think her name is Rebecca. She was starting to have great hopes that this is why she had stopped losing. I MUST read The Leptin Prescription. I have to pick up 2 of my grand kids from school today. If I have time I will go to the libary and get a copy if they have one.

Hello Everyone. May I please join ya'll. I am in a bad place right now. My hand and mouth want's to cheat. I want to cheat so bad at this moment it feels like I am about to implode!
I want food to just leave me alone
My weight loss has stopped. It's my fault. Not the diets fault.
I am working on trying to get myself back to the wonderful place I am in, when I like myself.
Liking one's self is the most important tool we have, at least it is for me.

I am going back and read yalls thread from the begiining. And yes I am gona get the Leptin Prescription.

Yea I have to make a banana pudding....but not today!
I will tomorrow.

Thank you Abigale,
Marylouise
Closed Thread