Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Was just reading the Wheat Belly facebook page of Dr. Bill Davis. He posted this song written and sung by James Winningham, a blogger who has seen tremendous results from giving up wheat. The words to the song are written at bottom of his blog if you want to skip the song.
James Winningham

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
artemis, sorry you had a bad night...our bodies are definitely carefully balanced instruments and it doesn't take much to get them out of whack!...it's amazing with what we put in them, that they any of us can even move...once you get over the infection, i'm betting you will start feeling much better...you've certainly been getting healthier overall with the exercise and your woe...

abi, sounds like you are eating really well...i messed up my metabolism and ended up borderline diabetic and way too heavy eating only one meal a day for 20 years...my body was in starvation mode until i blitzed it with food once a day, which it promptly held on to...everyone's body is different, but i'd still be happy eating that way, but my lab results force me to eat several small meals a day now...enjoy this beautiful fall day!

ff, i love goat cheese on salad...i use olive oil and red wine (sometimes balsamic) vinegar on my salads and think it's yummy...have good day back at work today...

thinking about some kind of mostly water-fast someday this week...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Down 3 pounds since yesterday - good bye water weight!

Thanks for the input ff - I just need to find out how to incorporate pizza, ice cream, burritos and tacos in my diet
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
there are lc alternatives, gibby.

i would not be here if i did not take care of my needs. More guitar news, Tony: a Fender guitar (don't know if it was acoustic or electric-i was on the web at the time)from circa 1952 was appraised at $35,000. Take care of yours. It might be worth a fortune in a few years. FF
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Tony thanks for sharing your experience with one meal a day eating. Wow, 20 years of doing that! I don't think I can even do that for one day. lol My stomach is growling right now and it is only noon. If I am able to do it at all I would only do it for a couple of days, just to get a jump start. It is out of season for the kakhi pants now but I have some gray ones that are the same size and brand so I still am aiming getting into those again hopefully this fall.

Marilee, fantastic on the 3 pound drop! That spurs us all on!

Artemis, good going on your 2.5 pound loss also. Hope you are feeling better as the day goes on.

FF, I can't believe it but they are already forcasting some flurries on Thursday here. I complain about the heat but I am not ready for snow either! Today is lovely, isn't it Tony. Blue blue sky and sunny. Breezy and around 54 degrees right now. I am appreciating very much!

Have a pot roast in the crock pot and it smells delicious.

Talk to you all later!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-25-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #246

the honeymoon i enjoyed with my feet is OVER.

I had to force my feet tonight, but I refused to wuss out. Tomorrow and Thursday will be rain, so I shall have to fall back on the WW exercise video. I could not believe that they had my size briefs in a $.99 cent store. No, they were more than 99 cents. However, before, I could only get them in the Big Man's store, or the King Size catalogue. Also, my CDs arrived. Anyone interested in CDs or DVDs or Blue Ray would be wise to check out DeepDiscount.com. I got a 6 CD set of Maria Callas' best work on EMI, for only $14.51 (7 hrs, 46min, 10 seconds), and some other stuff. Tonight will be ONE 11 oz pork chop (bone in pre-cooked)with a veggie stirfry. If necessary, my evening snack will be SWISS MISS. Okay, y'all can exhale- I found the goat cheese. That more than makes up for having to postpone ATLANTIC CITY. FF
Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Aw man, I feel like something I can't say! I started some strong antibiotics so I have no idea what my body is going to do the next few days...and with the way I feel I really don't care lol! Hope you are all doing well.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, hope you enjoy the pot roast...we finished our leftovers a couple of days ago...i DID enjoy today very much...it was a beauty!...i am hoping the "flurries" you are referring to are the ice cream kind...i'll leave it at that!

ff, that's a pretty darn big pork chop!...i laughed out loud when i read about your briefs...to use a "seinfeld" term, i'm not sure dollar-store undies are gonna be a safe haven for the "boys"...lol...sorry girls!...

artemis, just hunker down and rest and don't worry about anything until you are feeling better, which i hope is soon!

okay, by some miracle, the scale said 217.2 today - i must have peed 1.something lbs. of water out since yesterday...i get to keep my salty snacks, at least until friday :-)

today:
b: salad veggies and acv
l: a few nuts
d: beef florentine

Last edited by tony8; 10-25-2011 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #249

antibiotics can be quite unpredictable, Artemis.

i do not like having to use them, if i don't have to. It will pass. I had my dinner fairly late. It was so good. I cannot believe how sweet those veggies get after 10 minutes of frolicking in the saute pan. I have been using grapeseed oil now exclusively as a cooking fat. It is supposed to have oodles of omega 3s. It will be interesting to see if my hdl/ldl ratio improves, as well as the good ldl vs the bad ldl ratio. I have cut down my portions, so even though i am still 65-70% fat calories, my total amount is less. Buona Notte a tutti, FF
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hey everyone,
Been on plan and lost the 2lbs I put on last week, but I've been stuck at the same number the last 2 days...which is kind of where I've been all month. I'm thinking of trying a calorie cycling diet (JUDDD) where you eat very low calories one day and more normal the next--helps fool your body into not hanging onto pounds...but I would stay low carb also.

I tried to do a down day (about 500 calories) today, but didn't really work out, I ate too many calories and I have a hard time even keeping track. I might have to ease my way into it...I'm thinking of just drinking coconut milk or something on my down days so I can keep track of my calories. I'll let you know how it goes...

I can't wait to hear the news on FF monthly weigh in. I'm putting good vibes out there for a big loss!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Jfinchster, I am doing something similar to JUDDD only I am cycling calories, fat, and carbs. It's challenging but it works for a lot of folks. It was working for me too until some weirdness started going on and I got this stupid infection.

FF, I do not like taking antibiotics either. This time I didn't have a choice so I hope it will not get in the way of my progress.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Was not able to hold off eating until late in the day so no changes here. The pot roast was very good. Also had some ground beef today and 2 oz of horseradish cheese.

Jenny, let us know how drinking coconut milk all day goes if you try it.

Artemis, I hate taking antibiotics too. Just have to do it sometime. Hope you feel good today. How is the job going?

Tony, great on getting to 217.2 and not having another restriction added on. Giving up salty snacks would be a very difficult one. Good luck on Friday's weigh in too!

FF, good buy at the 99cent store. Hope you stocked up good! Glad you found the goat cheese too!

Everyone have a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-26-2011 at 01:01 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #253

every bookie in town is taking action on my monthly FAT SCAN.

I so enjoyed last night's dinner. i deliberately postponed it till after 8 pm, so i would not be uncontrollably hungry by 11 pm. I was uncontrollably hungry at 11 pm. I consumed a not quite 3 oz cheese wheel (almost 3 gr carb), and a few pork rinds. I congratulate myself on the restraint I showed, not eating everything that was not nailed down. However, i must say I was not pleased that i was so hungry less than 3 hours after dinner. I have a long, long way to go. FF
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, congrats on the 3 lbs!!!...that is amazing, girl!...i'm so proud of you...

jenny, great job dropping the 2 lbs. - that's not easy, kid...let me know how the cycling plan works if you use it...you had so much success last year before your trip, that you know you know how to do this - it's just a matter of employing a plan you can live with this year... :-) definitely let us know if you do a coconut milk fast...

ff, late night eating is one of my weaknesses...i have been taking advantage of my two days "off" when there is no curfew...didn't used to have to do that...it may be an additional restriction i employ if i don't make enough progress...

abi, it sounds like you ate on plan, and holding steady is a win most days anyway...the trick is trying not to gain so much that it takes a week to get back to where you were!...at least that is my trick...
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #255

hopefully, when i make my chicken soup on Saturday,

it will take the place of cheese wheels. i will portion it oput into pint containers, and chuck them into the freezer. then when i need one, i just nuke it, and pour it into a nice soup bowl. Much better than out of a plastic container. That should take the edge off. Now that it is cooking season again, i will experiment with certain veggies that heretofore rotted in the fridge, because the heat made it too uncomfortable to cook. there is jicama, celeriac, chayote to name 3 that could replace potatos, especially potato pancakes (latkes). If I ever get lots o' latinum, i will turn my apartment into an igloo from Mayday until the cold weather kicks in again. I am (or rather Luciano is)hooking up my computer speakers. Once I have music, I will bring my stereo components into the living room, giving me more room in the bedroon for exercise. It's really gonna be fun to be home. FF
Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #256

very inconsistant pms...Post Mealtime Syndrome.

last night, i was fighting my appetite after dinner, for 3 hours. i lost that battle. this afternoon, i had a very small lunch (the lox thingie), no salad as there was no time to get to the cafeteria (foot dr. visit). I am quite satisfied, with no desire to have any solid food or hot choc. There is a nice amt of fiber in the lc toast. I will never figure myself out. btw, pms also stands for Pre-Mealtime Syndrome. FF
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
FF, welcome back! The chicken soup sounds like a great idea.

Artemis, hope you're feeling better.

Abigale, I do a kind of "Fast-6" plan. I generally eat between 10A-4P or 11A-5P. Usually two meals. It seems to work best for me. I had to go off it for a few months this year to do something my doctor wanted to do, but I felt better when I got back on my own schedule. Eating late in the day on Fast-5 just never worked for me -- cause hunger, indigestion, sleeplessness and cravings. Moving the window earlier is what finally made the plan work for me.

Jenny and Gibby, congrats on the loss!

I finally had coffee again today after being off it for almost 3 weeks (while I was sick). Ah, manna from heaven.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #258

i had a small cheese orgy last evening.

660 calories, and 6 grams worth. Not the goat cheese.That is safe. it was the remaining two little cheese wheels (port wine, and garlic herb). These things happen. But I will not be buying it again anytime soon, unless i leave it at work. I thought the pack would last me for 6 times at home. It lasted for 2. Well, now i know. Lousy timing. I wonder if it will affect tonight's weigh-in? Well, I will stay very light today, and get in a few stairs, then hope for the best. FF
Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Breakfast 2 egg omelet with spinach and a slice of cheddar cheese. Coffee with halfnhalf, lunch is a turkey burger with a huge salad and dressing, supper will be Subway salad. Sounds good so far huh? I also think I am in full fledge candidiasis. I have had itching in a couple of areas going on about 2 years now and I am absolutely sick of it. I have been doing some research and of course there is always conflicting advice. I want to try getting rid of this in a natural way but even that has conflicting remedies.

Last edited by vli1127; 10-27-2011 at 04:36 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Antibiotics are starting to kick in at least. But I feel like a slug since I haven't slept in 3 days. No loss or gain since I started taking it but then again I haven't exercised much at all this week with being sick. Maybe I can get a run in tonight but not looking hopeful. So far I have lost 2.5 lbs this month, but I was really hoping to lose something else by the 31st. I am no where near my goal. I will post my final amount on Tuesday the 1st. Here's hoping!

Good luck with your weigh in FF.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, even without the exercise, i bet you'll see some drop oncE you are off the antibiotics and feeling better - we retain weight while we are sick and then woosh it after we're back to normal IF we don't double our calorie intake to make up for what we didn't eat while sick...i wouldn't push the exercise until you are infection-free, but that's just me and there's no "md" after my name...lol...

vicki, that sounds like a great menu!...sorry about the itching :-)

ff, if you're gonna indulge in an orgy!............................................. .............

hmmm, just cuz abi gets the day off at home, i hope she doesn't think..................

i overate steak tips and chicken last night...too much of a good thing and i feel sluggish today...i feel best when i eat the least, except while i'm chewing!...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #262

well, it's gonna be liquids all day....

and several trips to the "little trolls" room to get rid of excess water weight. I am behaving quite madly, but this is what weigh-ins do to me. Now u know why I choose this agony only once a month, not once a week, or once a day. I can actually feel my cortisol levels rising. I WAS 297.2 on 10/1/11. So, all i am asking is 7.3 lbs for the month, with blueberries on top. (cherries are higher in carbs). In any event, in 6 & 3/4 hrs, "la commedia e finita." That is the last line of I Pagliacci-the drama is over. FF
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
The scale finally moved downward for me another couple pounds. I only ate 2 chix legs for lunch and a very small serving of homemade steak fajitais with a lettuce leaf and some avacado for dinner.

I also made an appointment with a naturalpath doctor for next weekd to help me decide what supplements I should be taking, check my hormorne levels, thryroid etc.--anything to help me with my weightloss. If nothing else I will have some additional support besides you guys of course!

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #264

so far, Jfinchster, I am having a good day.

Thanks, and congrats for the 2 lbs U WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!!! 4 hrs to weigh-in. It would be easier on my nerves if i were going to the guillotine, rather than the scale. it is not just me, but the honor of Dr. Atkins, and lc eating general for which I fight. Wish me luck. After the WW meeting I will consume a 3 lb bag of M&Ms. if i turn them over (W&Ws)it will be as if i never ate them. hahahaha!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Even though it is my day off I still have to get Mom up and ready for the day and then I return later to visit with my sister who takes my place. I left the house at 4 instead of 4:30 thinking I could check in here and also write out Mom's checks for her bills so she could sign them. Well, I am tip toeing around the kitchen at 4:50 and here this little "good morning" from the other room. So plans changed and this is the first time I have had a chance to check in. Missed you guys!

FF, I am crossing my fingers hoping you will see the 7 pound drop. You certainly deserve it!

Tony, do you really think we will get some snow tonight? ugh

Artemis, so sorry about the no sleep for 3 nights. That is so tough. When we first move back here from Alabama I worked the night shift. I just could not sleep during the day. My sister lent me some tapes to listen to that were supposed to calm your mind and get your brain to go into a relaxed mode. Maybe if you could try something like that when you are having your sleep problems you may not get to sleep but maybe your body would get rejuvented anyway?

LCShadows, the last couple of days I have slipped out of the fast five mode. I drink coffee with cream during the fasting time so I never lose like you are supposed to because of the calories consumed. I believe in the diet, I just can't follow the rules.

Vicki, hope you can find some relief soon! (hugs)

Jenny, wonderful about the 2 more pounds down and it will be great for you to have extra support. We need all the help we can get!

Am making a kind of boiled dinner for tonight. Cabbage, potatoes, onions, carrots all steamed together and throw in some ham at the end to heat it up. We eat it with butter and vinegar. I will have some of the ham and some cabbage and onions. Maybe and inch of carrot.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, every good thought i have is with you today...i'm really hoping you make it to that new decade, but any loss will be a victory...you HAVE earned it, bro...send the M&Ms over here...i'll keep an eye on 'em... :-)

abi, that doesn't sound like much of a day "off"...i know you love being with your mom so i'm sure you don't look at it as a hardship - i felt the same way about my mother, but i know it's not easy...

jenny!...congrats on the 2 lbs...awesome!...and i agree about the extra support...it's nice sometimes to have a third party confirm what you suspect - at least i find it helpful...and knowing where your hormone levels are etc. is huge when you are attempting to lose weight...good for you, sis...

i held at 217.2 again today which frankly surprised me - thought i'd be up as i ate a lb. of meat last night...crock-potting beef stew tonight and am not that hungry...

so far today:
b: 10 black olives and 3oz. grilled chicken
l: turkey chili
d: beef stew
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #267

would u believe 0.6 lbs down for the month?

yes, I was justifiably dumbfounded, but only for an instant. I took great pride in my accomplishments vis-a-vis portion control, exercise etc. If I was careless or cavalier about my weight loss efforts, I most certainly would have shown a pronounced gain. I AM capable of putting on 10 lbs in a week, and I have. So, there is something else going on here. It could be a plateau, or perhaps the thyroid meds need adjusting again. It simply be that the Gods are testing me, as to whether I will throw in the towel, as I did in the past, when the going got tough.Perhaps they just need some entertainment. No, Blitzing HEWMONS, I am here to stay. However, it would be a good time to start journaling. Next weigh-in is 12/1/11. So, the new stats are: 372.8/296.6/140-150? Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
FF, sorry the scale wasn't more cooperative. I'd blame the cheese. All that danged sodium.

Abi, a lot of Fast5-ers start out with an eating window of 8-10 hours and gradually shrink it until they hit their natural window. I think I started around 9. I did get down to 5 but found I got hungry that way, so widened it back to a 6-hr window and have stuck with that. Others take it lower than 5 eventually, but it's just what works for you.

Jenny, congrats on the 2-lb loss!

Vicki, have you tried posting anything in the main lobby about the candiasis? There are some people out there pretty savvy on nutrition and natural healing. They can probably off some resources for that.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

FF, sorry you didn't lose as much as you thought. Boy do we all know how that feels! Seems like we are all in the same boat right now. We'll just have to hang in there together.

I made myself run tonight. Weird thing is, it was like my body was craving it even though I have no energy. I thought, hey, if I run 5 minutes and have to quit because I'm sick then oh well, I've burned a few calories anyways. But I was able to go the full 28 minutes! So if I can do that again on Sat and Sun (when I will no doubt be feeling better) I will not have to repeat week 8 after all.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

FF, good for you for not caving when the scales did not cooperate for you. I know you are disappointed and it just doesn't seem fair when you have been doing everything right. It is possible that you are leptin resistant. I think I posted this link before from Dr. Jack Krause. He has a" prescription" to reverse leptin resistance in people. MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION | Jack Kruse

Taking Mom to the lab this morning for them to check the iron in her blood. It was low 6 weeks ago and Dr. wanted to have it rechecked. Hoping it is ok. If not, she will have to go everyweek for either shots or transfusions. Not easy for someone almost 91 to have to go through. Wish us luck!
Closed Thread