Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, i am so happy you woke up feeling strong...trust me when i say we all feel what you are going through and we understand...we'll be here when you're strong and when you're weak and for everything in between...we are all struggling all the time...this is NOT easy :-)

vicki, shake it off and make your next meal or snack a good one and you'll feel better!...

artemis, sorry you are still not feeling well...

ff, does this mean there will be no ff til monday???...is that even allowed?...lol...

well, the scale said 217.2 today - same as yesterday and 1.6 lbs. above last friday, so there will be no bread of any kind allowed in my plan until i get below 200...no, sugar and no bread at all - eventually i will either get to 1derland or be down to a menu which only includes chicken, fish, eggs, fruits and veggies - then i will have to get there!...

today, so far:
b: steamed squash

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Well just made a 25 minute run! Next week will be 30 minutes. Managed to do an egg fast today so I am hoping that will knock a bit of fluid off. I may not post my weekly total tomorrow as usual but rather wait until early next week considering the week I've had.

FF, I see your point on the stress of weighing daily. However, not knowing what I weigh actually causes me more stress than the daily ups and downs. At least I know what's going on and can fix it quickly rather than going the whole time steadily gaining. I once went a month without weighing and gained over 10 lbs and I had thought I was doing good the whole time!

Marilee, we are all so glad that you are back!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, happy the mornings are really nice for you. How long are the 90 degree afternoons going to last? Hoping you have a good day today! Enjoy your Saturday away from the stress.

Vicki, FF is probably right and that gain is from water retention. I am like you, even though daily weighing fluctuates so much I just have to do it and it also affects my mood for the day. But if I didn't weigh daily I could be up 10 pounds in a week.

FF, have a great weekend in NJ and enjoy getting in the kitchen doing some cooking. I bet that is a delicious chicken soup you are putting together!

Atemis, hope your headache did not last long yesterday. They are the worst. So hard to work when you don't feel good. I still have not done the meat and egg fast. I have been reading some threads of people having a good jump start and getting through some plateaus doing it. My problem is I have tried all these things before and it is just so hard to get motivated to try them again.

Tony, the heat and humidity was about as bad on the gulf as it was in Huntsville. I never got used to it. Always a New Englander at heart. Loved it when the air cooled off around Nov. through March.

I went to the art show my brother was in yesterday. It was for the 250th year of the start of the town of Guilford, VT and all the paintings were to be of scenes from the area. There were several that were really terrific. One was a linoleum block print using several colors and the paper was also embossed. It was a row of maple trees with sap buckets attached and where the snow was supposed to be the paper puffed out from the embossing. Very unique!

Well, I better get a move on to Vermont. Have a great day everybody!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

abi, that sounds like a cool art show and very cool piece of art...this is a weird foliage season...some trees are bare and some are dead-green and some are peak...some awesome colors this weekend though...hope you enjoy it...

artemis, congrats on the running - i am impressed by your motivation!...especially after feeling poorly for two days...

ate very little yesterday but after a movie with my son last night, we went to the chinese buffet...i ate a small portion and all LC choices but it was pretty salty, so i am sure i will need to drown myself today to flush the salt and fluid out...

i have managed to keep junk out of the house this week except for bread and candy - neither of which can i touch, so they pose no threat...i am good at never breaking a restriction once i impose it - i am a strange dude when it comes to this stuff :-)
Old 10-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Was down 0.5 lb of the fluid I am holding. Hope to get the rest off this weekend so that I can be back in the net loss range. I plan to run every day if possible thru tuesday when I have my next kickboxing class.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, good for you!!!...

time for me to start chugging water!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Well just got back from another run...it was interesting! About 5 minutes in, I got leg cramps and then 2 more minutes in the gallon of water I drank this morning kicked in and so I had to run the rest of the way with leg cramps and desperately needing to find the nearest ladies room lol.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
haven't posted for a while--ended up having a friend stay with me unexpectedly for a whole week. She was supposed to stay at my sisters house as she is more my sister's friend from college, but my sister has dogs and she is pretty allergic and said she couldn't handle it...

Anyways, I ended up drinking more wine than I should have and making nice dinners etc. , not condusive to weight loss. I'm back to where I was before she came (I gained about 2lbs when she was here--even though I walked 45 minutes up hills everyday.) and I haven't lost anything this last month! Why does life always get in the way??? I feel like I could control my weight much better if I didn't end up cooking for everyone all the time. For instance, I want to try the fat fast for a few days, but it's pretty difficult to do when I'm making meals for my family. My husband doesn't cook at all--never learned. Maybe I'll just make them order pizza for a few days.

Well, I'll quit complaining now--thanks for listening everyone. Only we know how hard this struggle is, but I'm not giving up!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

hey jenny, i think it's great that you only gained 2 lbs while you had a guest for a week, and you lost that already!!??...wow!...the fact that you have been out of your routine and you have maintained your weight for a month is a victory, i think...don't you?...

i know what you mean about cooking...i do the cooking too and although i sprinkle in treats for the family, most of the meals i make are on plan...i try to shake it up and make different things and they are happy...i usually simply avoid the starch i make for the rest of the fam...or i make something off-plan for them and then grill a chicken breast or something for me...

this is definitely not easy, but we all deserve credit for still being here and trying...i'm not stopping til i get to goal!...

had rotisserie chicken for lunch - ate quite a bit of it with salad and then had leftover pot roast for dinner - had about 1/4 of a potato and an inch of carrot along with the beef...didn't drink as much water as i hoped...spent too much time in the car today...
Old 10-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jenny! It is very stressful to have company for a whole week and having to cook for everyone too! Only gaining 2 pounds is terrific! I have been eating low carb for over 3 years now and I do all the cooking so just have gotten used to cooking two different meals every day for the most part. Of course, mine often just consists of ground beef and raw brocolli. I cook up a bunch and then reheat it in the microwave for a couple of days. That way it seems like I am only having to cook one meal at dinner time. I am so used to not having bread, starchy vegetables and desserts it just doesn't bother me much.

Tony, that sounds like my usual pot roast meal. I'll eat all meat and have about an inch of carrot but no potato. Foliage is the same here. Some trees are green, some are turning and some have lost all their leaves. Strange fall.

Atemis, if I ever drank a gallon of water I would only dare run around the house and not be more more than afew steps away! lol

Today will be the last breakfast at the country club until spring. I will have my usual eggs and bacon. DH says there is a good little restaurant downtown in Hinsdale so maybe I can talk my brother and sister-in-law into making the drive. It's about 8 miles. He says they have a wheel chair ramp so no problem getting Mom in. We'll see.

Will check in later. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Off the wagon since Friday weigh in. Today, back on. But then again, I always begin my day ok.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

hi abi, do they still have a race track in hinsdale or did that close?...hope you enjoyed your breakfast and that you find a suitable replacement that everyone likes...i might crash your party one of these weeks :-)

vicki, no one climbs back on the horse any better than you...hope you have a good day...

i've gotta drink a LOT of water today...haven't been careful about salt and it is showing on the scale...i was at 219 this morning and ate very well friday and yesterday...i feel i can get below the 217.2 by tuesday by flushing!...
Old 10-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, you and me both. If I could just keep the resolve I feel at 5am all day I would have it made in the shade. Wishing you the best today. If I can get in a good day I usually can get in a good second day.

So far I had my two scrambled eggs and order of bacon ,so Artemis, it would be nice if I could continue this day as a meat and egg only day. We'll see.

Tony, you can crash our party any time you want. We just don't know where the party is going to be from now on. Hinsdale used to have a racetrack It went from sulky to greyhounds. It is in ruins right now and the land is for sale. Just to the left of it is your "favorite store" the new super Walmart. lol I took some pictures of the racetrack last week because it was an icon and am sure it will be torn down soon. Will post a picture just for heck of it. Did you ever go to the races there with your college roommate?

Wonder how FF's chicken soup came out. Good weather for a meal like that.

Hey Marilee and Jenny! Hope you are both having a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (58.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

I've had a pretty good weekend. The past few days I have eaten mostly eggs and proteins (about 85% and the other 15% other stuff). Today has been just eggs in coconut oil for breakfast. Debating on what to have for dinner. I haven't lost as much fluid as I thought I would have but we will see how it goes for the weigh in tomorrow. I'm just going to walk today since I've run the past two days and will start week 8 tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I really didn't want eggs for dinner again so I made spaghetti squash. It is one of my favorite low carb veggies because it makes me feel like I am eating something starchy. I added butter, garlic, sage and basil. It was like a low carb autumn explosion of goodness I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Even though I stuck with eggs and meat yesterday I also had some pork rinds and the salt put me up a pound. May stick with similar food today as I still have several hard boiled eggs in frig and I made a fresh batch of coconut oil mayo last night. Will try to drink more water today.

FF, how was your weekend? Did everyone enjoy your chicken soup?

Artemis, I have never had any spagetti squash. Putting butter and garlic on it sounds delicious!

Son in law sent picture yesterday of grandkids standing in front of the Extreme Makeover bus in Joplin. The crew is there to build 4 houses in 4 days for some families that lost their homes in the tornado.

Tony, you will be happy to hear that daughter wrote that Barry Manilow had just delivered $300,000 worth of musical instruments for the school children in Joplin. Need to have that music!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-24-2011 at 01:19 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Well, I only lost about 0.5 lbs of the fluid I gained over the weekend. Isn't it funny how it can pack on so fast and then it's like pulling teeth to get it back off!? So, back to the carb/calorie cycling for me and just see what happens. Just gotta keep on keepin' on until you get where you wanna be. I'll be up to a 28 minute run today.

Abi, you should definitely try a spaghetti squash. They are not overly "squashy" in flavor so a lot of people use them as a noodle/carb substitute. They are a little bit of work to prepare though.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

happy monday everyone!...

artemis, i know what you mean about the fluid...i'm in the same place right now...good luck with the 28-minute run - you are doing AMAZING with the exercise...leaving the rest of us in the proverbial dust... :-) i love spaghetti squash but never seem to make it - i'll make a point of picking some up this week...

abi, i never went to the track, but i feel your pain for decaying icons...i hate seeing that...even though there is still some gambling going on at rockingham park in salem, and a mall next door, the stables are overgrown and dying a slow death...i am so NOT happy to hear about walmart...why is it that they always seem to appear next to decay?...hmmm...thanks for sharing the photo though...that scene will be gone forever soon...

went food shopping yesterday...made turkey chili in the crockpot and broiled chicken wings...delicious, but there's sodium in the wing sauce so i'm not expecting an improvement on the scale...if i don't flush enough today, i will be facing another restriction tomorrow...
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

218.6 this morning, down .4 from yesterday but alarmingly above last friday's 217.2...the next thing to go onto my restricted list will be salty snacks, which is a biggie...so it will be no sugar, bread or salty snacks...which really is healthy anyway...

i am really proving how weak my will is and how short a leash i really need, aren't i?... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 10-24-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

today, so far:
b: about 2 oz. of salad greens and some acv

going for my first voice lesson today...should, be interesting...i'm not a singer, but have to play my own songs at writer's nights, so i'm trying to improve...for the listeners' sake :-)

Last edited by tony8; 10-24-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Quick pop in - boss is back after being on vacation for two weeks....

Scale was up 1.2 pounds...Oh, well. Drinking lots of water today, as I think it's water weight.

I'll TTYL
Old 10-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Tony, the voice lesson sounds like fun. Keep us posted.

Abigale, I'm not on an egg/meat fast but I'm on a whole-lotta-eggs diet due to budget constraints at the moment.

Where's our Fearless Leader? Off on vacation?

While my scale hasn't been doing anything dramatic, I went to an event for which I had to dress up a bit over the weekend -- and was almost walking out of my dress pants. I swear I wore them in August and they were fine. The bad news is, I don't really have these in a smaller size right now (or a big budget for shopping). I'm going to see if I can move the buttons on the waistband and camouflage with a jacket for now.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

shadows!...congrats on the pants problem!...i wish i was suffering from the same thing, but nooooo ;-0 ff, went to joisey to visit his earth-brother for the weekend...he gets back tonight and i bet he'll check in and tell us all about his pork-rind withdrawal ;-)

marilee, if you lived closer, we could have a water chugging contest!...i need to drink a ton today too!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #234
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
it's baaaaaack!!! I missed my HEWMON BLITZERS mucho boucoup!!!

So glad to see u back, Gibby. Please sit down, and take the time to plan a program suitable for yourself. I say this all the time, but I will gladly say it again and again. Decide what foods are most important to u on a regular basis. Incorporate it into your daily and/or weekly repertoire. Deprivation, and frustration have no part to play in any long term plan. Artemis...u are incredible with your running. I am lucky if I can run for cover. I weigh once a month to suit me, just as my eating plan is to suit me. If more frequent weigh-ins work for u, then that is what u must do. Tony, u beat me to the punch with the voice lessons. It has been a dream of mine to get a small gig, perhaps in an Italian restaurant, a few times a week, to do opera arias, and classical songs. I would certainly need a vocal coach. At this juncture, I am a tenor w/o a secure top, and a baritone w/o a bottom, depending on the time of day.You will see that it will be fun. I hope u can send me a tape or cd of yourself, when u feel the time is right. Today is one year since my earth mom passed on. Her remains (we were there yesterday for the memorial UNVEILING)are in a beautiful spot. I am certain the real Sylvia is in Elysium. I ate very little this weekend, cause we were so busy getting it all together. I got home too late today to do the soup. I had to stand Miss Prissy up, stand up that is, until a day when I shall be home all day. Weigh-in for me is this Thursday evening. I was gonna wait till Sat a.m., but the weather will be ideal for ATLANTIC CITY!!! It is not expected to get as high as 60. As long as their is no chance of rain. I do not walk in the rain. Now I am gonna have 1/4 lb Hebrew Nat'l salami (2 gr)with 2 thin slices of muenster cheese. Talk to y'all later. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

So I figured out why I am retaining fluid this week...I have an infection! The fun never ends with DA.
Tony, I will live vicariously through you! I love to sing but have always been too shy and afraid to sing in front of people!
FF, so glad you are back. We all had FF withdrawals while you were away.
Marilee, hang in there we will get there together!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

ff, great to have you back!...missed ya, bro...i can't believe it has been a year since your mom died...i'm happy she is in a beautiful place - body and spirit :-)

i'm sure you are a much better singer than i am - i am not a singer at all, really...just a songwriter who is kinda required to sing enough to convey what i write - the same standard i meet as a guitar player...my first lesson was cool - i learned about breathing from my belly and keeping my throat open - two things i had no idea about, so it was a productive day...

artemis, sorry to hear about the infection - that sucks...i hope it clears up soon...

my wife made two beautiful banana breads on sunday and they have been sitting on the table and because of the restriction, i haven't been able to taste a crumb...thankfully, they are almost completely gone now...whew!

Last edited by tony8; 10-24-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #237

i spoke too soon re: ATLANTIC CITY

possible rain episode. i will have to keep up to date with the daily forecasts. I was gonna buy my bus ticket tomorrow, but i will have to make my final decision Thursday or Friday. FF
Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

LCShadows, great news about the pants but don't let what happened to FF in the Shoprite happen to you! You may have to keep some suspenders in your purse! So glad to hear from you!

Tony, wonderful about taking the voice lessons. Hope FF can manage that again some day. I always said if I could have one talent it would be to sing. Love two songs we sing occasionlly at church - Ode to Joy by Mozart and the Gaelic melody, Morning Has Broken. I'm sure the people around me wish I would tone it down some.

Artemis, so sorry about the infection. Hope it clears up quickly.

Marilee, bummer that the boss is back. Hope you all had fun while he/she was gone. Also hope that upping the water brought you some good results.

How is Vicki doing today. Were you able to get back on the wagon?

I ate the mainly protein and fat again yesterday. I had tuna salad, egg salad and ground beef. Also had some pork rinds. I was down that one pound that seems to come and go every other day. I am still trying to eat in the 5 hour time of 12:30 to 5:30. Read about some lady that ate just one big meal a day. Wonder if I could wait until closer to 5? She lost 100 pounds doing that over the course of a year. She hadn't heard of Fast Five. She just figured that it worked for her. I doubt I could do that.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

I
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #239

IT IS OFFICIAL-NO ATLANTIC CITY ON SATURDAY!!!

Next week perhaps? In the meantime, I can use that rainy day to do the chicken soup. It IS my first time. I wonder if i can PULLET off! I bought some goat cheese for my at work lunch salads. so, of course I could not find it in the fridge this a.m. Did I sleep-eat it? I am sure I will find it when I get home. i have been taking soundings regarding which dressing complements the goat cheese(garlic/herb). Balsamic vinaigrette seems to be the preferred choice. However balsamic can be a bit carby. I must be most conservative in my per serving quantities. 58.5 hrs to weigh-in. Of course i will be happy to see the numbers go down. But I would like to see a number considerably larger than last month's 2 lbs. I want to buy 1 plane ticket to Vegas, not 2. I must be below 250 on may 11. FF
Old 10-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Had one long miserable night. Though I am in pain, the bright side is that the medicine seems to be working because I am having some major "whooshing" going on. I lost about 2.5 lbs of fluid yesterday. Hope to be back to my normal self in a few days. It's so amazing how sensitive the body is.
Closed Thread