Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
today, so far:
b: skipped
l: 3 oz. sausage and peppers in tomato sauce
s: small mcintosh apple
d: steak tips (i think)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
I was super bloated this morning. Couldn't even bend my fingers easily. So I skipped the scale this morning.
Man, I hate that when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post

Vicki, what courses do you teach? I'm sure you are looking forward to a break!

It is in the 30's this morning so I just put the ham bone on the stove with carrots, onions and celery to get ready to make pea soup for DH later. I plan to remove a couple of cups of stock before I add the peas later so I can have some low carb soup. I may add some veggies or just sip as is. It smells delicious!

Vicki, my niece made some almond flour crackers that were not bad for Sunday brunch. I made some yesterday. Before I baked them I melted 1tb of butter, brushed the tops and sprinkled on salt to make it stick. They are not bad.

Caveman Food: Grain Free Almond Crackers
I teach first year nursing students: Fundamentals and Skills. The soup sounds yummy. I am making chicken, veggie "noodle" soup tonight. I can't wait to try the crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
today, so far:
b: skipped
l: 3 oz. sausage and peppers in tomato sauce
s: small mcintosh apple
d: steak tips (i think)
Just the tips???? Where is the rest of the steak

Oh and I just heard, WW is revamping the points, gee do ya think?

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/1...-point-system/

Last edited by vli1127; 10-18-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
The class was awesome! Not as intense as I was expecting coming from a kickboxing and martial arts background but definitely worked up a sweat. The abs portion especially worked me over. Next class on Thursday and I think I'll take my weighted gloves for a bit more intensity. Tomorrow is running yipee!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Artemis, u are certainly ready for the streets of NY

I would not want to pick a fight with u. I did a shorter walk this evening, 55 minutes worth. However, I did work up a sweat. My next window of opportunity is Friday after work. There are 4 parts of me to which I must kow tow, my feet and my kidneys. FF
Old 10-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, sorry you are on restriction until you hit 200. Hope this is the last one you will have to impose until then.

Vicki, what a terrific job to have getting the young nurses off to a good start. I bet you are great at it! I am thinking of making the crackers again and shredding sharp cheddar cheese into the mix before baking. My niece's crackers came out more crisp for the most part but the flavor was too strong for me. Mine were not quite crisp enough, almost like a shortbread texture but I was afraid they would have that burned taste if I cooked them too long. I think the cheese will give them that cheese straw flavor.

FF, so funny with the 4 parts you have to kow tow. lol

Marilee, hope you pop your head in today to say hi!

Artemis, glad you liked your class so much last night. Between the running and this one you are going to be in great shape.

My brother that lives in the next town is going to be in an art show that town is putting on this weekend. He has never done this before. He retired from teaching last year and still coaches the high school cross country and track teams. He is just getting back into puttering around with it. What I think is wonderful is he bought the lumber for the frames and routed it etc. and the corners have little pegs put in them. I think they are as much a work of art as the paintings. Will try to post a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (22.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #186

thanks, abi...i wish it was pure humour...

but i am always at their mercy. However, I woke up feeling fine and refreshed. I also have an appetite, which is good. I also am able to make 1 small bag of pork rinds last a whole week. I keep a bag close buy at home. Sometimes I get so distracted, or busy that I do not realize how hungry i am. When the realization hits me, a few well chosen rinds will do the job until the food is ready. I was reaching for a FAYGO chocolate soda, when i realized, I HAVE NO MORE!!! I must go tonight in the rain, and get some. It is one of the planks on my ladder to goal weight. FF
Old 10-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Hmm...was still up this morning from last week even though I drank water like crazy. I think I probably ate too many calories last night since I was starving after my workout. So I'll have to really watch what I eat the next few days if I want to have any net loss for the week. But all is not lost if I don't because with all this exercise I can definitely see a difference in how my shirts are fitting.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, congrats on feeling thinner - the exercise makes a huge difference...you are inspiring me!...i am guessing that within the next year i will give in and have hip surgery so that i can move better and exercise more...has to be done, i'm afraid...

abi, awesome photo - your brother is talented - wish i could paint but i have NO aptitude for it...

ff, you are a piece of work!

Vicki, way to go, girl!...didn't know you taught nurses!?

i was up another lb. this morning - i think it was salt again last night, so i WILL be facing a restriction unless i have a big woosh between now and friday...it doesn't bother me though...i designed this plan to give me exactly what i need to get to 1derland and if it means further restriction, so be it...

i'm a big boy and in control of what i put in my mouth and if there needs to be a shorter leash to control my behavior even more, then that is what i have to accept...for me, losing weight is not just a vanity thing - it is imperative if i want to live a longer, healthier life...

i weigh about the same as i did a year ago and that is unacceptable to me...i need this kick in the butt and i'm gonna give it to myself!...lol :-)

hope everyone else is having a good day!

today, so far:
b: about 3 oz. of squash
l: ?
s: ?
d: pot roast is slow-cooking right now at home in the crockpot

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 10-19-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Ok I am supposed to run today but it's raining and 46 degrees here! I just don't think that I stand that cold water beating down on me. I really don't want to get off my schedule so I may just have to run around the living room! Hey if you're moving you're still burning calories right?!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #190

u may want to get an exercise video for home.

i got one from WW, It has 5 programs, incl pilates, cardio, abs, etc etc etc. I am sure there are similar ones out there. Perhaps u have a friend in WW who can buy u one. Very useful in nasy weather. Well, the veggies are saute-ing along with their friend, the pork chop. I had to spill the Victoria marinara sauce down the drain. It was turning white. yecch. I am waiting for the next sale. I will get the low sodium version. Talk to y'all in the a.m. Buona notte!!! FF
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nitey nite, ff...

artemis, i think you should do laps around the television!

the pot roast was delicious...had some eggplant for lunch...hope everyone is having a good night...

hi marilee...thinkin about ya... :-)

jenny...oh jenny... ;-)
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

I am up another pound this morning for some reason. Thinking about doing just meat and eggs day but not today. Maybe tomorrow. It's my afternoon and evening off day and will enjoy a regular evening meal with my brocolli dip etc.

Atemis, it is chilly and rainy here this morning. Don't blame you for not wanting to go out and run in this type of weather. Wondering if Nashville has any indoor tracks? They do get some snow some years so it would be nice to have that option on the bad weather days.

FF, what a bummer to have your marinara sauce go bad on you with that wonderful meal waiting for it. You were talking yesterday about having the pork rinds to fall back on in a pinch. I have had a bag in my car unopened for about two weeks now "just in case"

Tony, I have not cooked or even eaten any egg plant for years. Do you just slice it and fry it? It seems like it would be one of those low carb/calorie veggies like zuchini that you could use alot of ways and not add too many calories to your meals.

Need to get on my way to Vermont and Mom's so will check back later and see how you all are getting along today. Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by Abigale; 10-20-2011 at 01:26 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Abi I was up too again! What is going on?! I am beginning to get really annoyed that I am doing all this exercise this week and gaining. I, too, had thought of doing an egg fast but I couldn't make myself eat them this morning. Just didn't want it. Maybe I'll try tomorrow too. I know it always helps me get rid of water weight.

Another thing about this kind of weather...the water consumption is a struggle for me. Every year when it gets cold I have to try other things to get all the water in.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi and Artemis, Yikes. You guys are strong, I know you will drop the weight. I weigh in tomorrow, I hope it is in the right direction.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #195

Abi, there are oodles of lc eggplant recipes...

one of them is in the recipe section of DANDR. I am sure Linda Sue has at least a few. It is suitable for induction level. I have watched Lidia Bastianich cook with eggplant. I want to do an eggplant rollatini and an eggplant lasagna before the year is out. Both would be a first for me. TONY, curious about which brand of sausage u use. I use HILLSHIRE LITE. Not because there is 1/3 the fat, but because it is zero carbs per 2 oz portion. Who eats merely 2 oz at a sitting"? All the other brands have anywhere from 1-4 gr per 2 oz portion. It is a 14 oz shlong, and i slice off as much as I need for the time. I am feeling thinner this morning. 9 more days till weigh-in. i WOULD like to lose more than 2 lbs this month. I would like to be under 250 by the time I leave for Vegas. I always lose on vacation, whether I am consciously dieting or not. this is because i am not sitting in my room all day watching tv. I lost over 10 lbs on the 1995 cruise and the 1996 week in Vegas. I hope history will repeat itself. I am feeling more energetic now than a month ago. It is still not cool enough, but an improvement nonetheless. November should be THE month for me. I am already giving thought regarding my TG meal. i will be cooking it, and I will be the only one eating it. I just finished bkfst. Between 2 sl lc toast i had egg salad with a garni of salad. I do not mind a slightly enhanced appetite if i can control it. Last night, i had only ONE pork chop with those yummy stir-fry veggies.And I still have a large order of ribs of the Great Wall Chinese take-out in the fridge. But tonight, i will take something home from the diner, that is other than swine. Possibly, chicken, turkey, or fish. We shall see. ciao for now. FF
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Just took Bama on a one mile walk. The day has turned out quite warm and the rain has stopped for awhile. The temp is almost 65 which I think FF would think was too warm. It was almost too warm for me.

FF, I looked up eggplant rollatini on line. Saw one by Giada De Laurentiis that looked delicious. Thanks for the info!

Vicki, wishing you the best tomorrow on your weigh in!

Artemis, I was not in the mood for eggs either this morning. I have 6 hard boiled in the frig but they don't look appealing. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #197

best of luck, Vicki for your weigh-in.

i pray it is weigh-down. I cannot take for granted the wonderful (and portion controlled lunches i have at work. I have to go all the way to the cafeteria and back, a great little workout. That is what actually caused me to return to the cafeteria...the exercise, even if there was nothing there. They have a great salad bar, and when there is a hot entree that is ATKINS FRIENDLY, like today's Tilapia Vera Cruz, i take advantage. A great reason to come to work, if i am dragging my tail in the a.m. I started walking stairs today, which I will continue till weigh-in day 10/29/11. Every little bit helps. FF
Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

I was supposed to go to my kickboxing class tonight but I am having some very bizarre abdominal issues. So I am debating whether or not to go at this point. I guess I will see how bad it is when it's time for class.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys!

ff, happy you found something delicious in the cafeteria...and the exercise is an added bonus...

abi, i can't believe you are not delighted with 65-degrees in october - you DO know what's coming, right?...lol...

on the eggplant, i slice it and bake it on cookie sheets sprayed with olive oil...when it's done, i layer it in a baking dish with several varieties of cheese and tomato sauce and bake it until the cheese bubble and browns - it is soooooooo good...

artemis, hope your stomach feels better and you can make your class...i wouldn't worry about the weight gain - i think that is very normal when you are exercising as much as you have been - and temporary...

vicki, good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow :-)

i was at 217.2 today, down .6 from yesterday, but i think there is almost no chance i will get to the 215.4 i need to get to in order to avoid a penalty tomorrow...so i'm counting on NO BREAD for the foreseeable future to go along with my NO SUGAR...

today, so far:
b: steamed squash

no idea what i am eating the rest of the day...have to figure something out for dinner as there are not many leftovers left...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #200

i decided what i am having tonight.

take out from the diner: 1 & only 1 bacon cheese burger with sl of onion and tomato. i am withdrawing two slices lc bread upon which to enjoy it. along with that, i am getting a side of cooked escarole. It may sound boring, but it is so yummo. i will doctor it up when i get home. i will probably be hungry anyway, about an hour afterward. Then it becomes a job for SWISS MISS & LAND O LAKES. I do not mind spending the extra money for the sugar free wc. It is worth saving the few grams that i can put to solid food. FF
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Did NOT make it to class I feel like I must have eaten something this week that my body did not agree with because in addition to water weight gain I am having stomach issues. So, I think I will try an egg fast to simplify my diet until it all goes away.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everybody....have a nice evening. I'm hanging in there.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #203

Hey Gibby...glad to hear from u. i hope all is well...

or at least getting there. At this moment, I have Seinfeld on-THE BIG SALAD. Doing a laundry, and munching on 1/2 half sour pickle that came with the burger. I will be enjoying it in about an hour. FF
Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Marilee! How is the weather in Phoenix right now? Still comfortable and not that horrible heat from the summer?

Tony, your recipe for the egg plant sounds very good. Hope you are at 215.4 today. Oh boy, I do know what's coming for our weather and am dreading it. We have only been back from Alabama for 4 years now and each winter seems harder and harder. I don't have a 4 wheel drive and let's not even talk about the snow shoveling. ugh

Artemis, hope you feel better today. I may try an egg and meat fast for the day but don't want to totally commit to it yet.

FF, walking the long walk to the cafeteria and then walking the stairs - you should see a good loss on the 29th!

Have a great day everyone! Wish Jenny would check in!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, we are thinking good thoughts for you and you are part of our family here even when you don't feel up to posting...you have NO IDEA how much your encouragement and support helped get me through the first half of this year!...and your will carried us for sooo long...just know we love you...

abi, someday i will spend at least a month of winter down south, but i don't think i would trade the cold in new england in winter for the heat in the south in summer...it was probably more moderate along the gulf - i hope!...enjoy this beautiful fall weekend!

artemis, your austerity plan sounds smart - at least until your belly feels better...

ff, love the BIG SALAD episode...nice job on the evening meal and stopping at 1 cheeseburger...

i weigh in in a few hours and there is no doubt i will not hit 215.4...i am prepared for losing all bread...i will post the results shortly... :-)
Old 10-21-2011, 04:15 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Agh woke up with the worst headache! My body is hating me this week. What is up with that!? Well hope y'all have a better Friday than I"m about to have!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #207

i wish, Tony & everyone, that u all had access to my lc bread.

when u finally get to my way, bring a big ice chest, so that u can bring back some cheesecakes, gelato, bread, and some other low carb goodies THE BAKERY has to offer. I believe a great deal of my success is attributed to the availability of these treats. You might want to try Toufayan lc pita. They are in the stores, and Netrition. each pita is 7 net carbs, & 9 gr fiber. I use 1/2 per sitting. I usually have only 1 lc bread serving a day (sometimes 2), weekends-none. I am very apprehensive about starches. Most of what i need to lose (about 150 lbs)comes from starch abuse. That WAS one hell of a damned good burger, I must say. The lc toast complemented it quite well. I am leaving for NJ this evening. My (earth)brother is picking me up right after work. i will be back sometime on Monday. I have a date with a chicken, to make chicken soup. FF
Old 10-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh in today, not good. I didn't think I had done that bad: 213.8 up 5 lbs.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #209

re-examine what u ate, what u did, meds etc...

if the meds were not affecting the scale, and u were doing everything right, it could be sodium, water retention etc. This is the main reason btw why i do not weigh-in once a week. These weekly near death episodes stress me out. I cannot afford stress. Make a plan for the week (allowing for no deprivation or frustration), and see what happens next weigh-in. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 10-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Ok, so I woke up this morning with new resolve (again!). I AM GOING TO WIN THIS WAR!!! I may lose some battles along the way, but I WILL win the war!

Wallowing in self-pity is never a good thing. Neither is continual self-blame and shame. Get back on the horse and keep at it......

The weather is better....it is still in the high 90's in the afternoon, but the mornings are beautiful.

Tonight I see my friends for the last time, as they are loading the truck tomorrow and then leaving early Sunday morning. I was going to go over tonight and order pizza, but you know what? I'm not going to do it. I don't need the pizza and I don't need the emotional stress - we said everything we had to say when we went to dinner on Wednesday so why drag it out and make it uncomfortable? I'll just go over, hug them goodbye and wish them well. Of course we will be in touch - we've been friends since 1983!

I"m glad to see everyone else is hanging in there. I'd best get to work - TTYL.

Thanks to all of your for the encouragement - you don't know what it means!

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 10-21-2011 at 07:49 AM..
Closed Thread