Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I'm feeling alot better today--Thank goodness. My weight hasn't dropped this week but I'm going to go on a vigorious walk (up a big hill first 15 minutes) and drink alot of water today and I hope I see that whoosh Tony talked about. I'm to same way about not losing when I'm sick--I can not eat, drink chicken broth and tea and still no loss. I think our body is just to focused on fighting the virus to do the extra work of weightloss--or I'm probably still retaining some water. Anyways, I'm not going to worry about it. My main goal is to stay ON PLAN and the rest will eventually follow I assume....

Have a good day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, hope your day isn't too taxing on your delicate constitution today. I bet you dropped some pounds this week but getting the flu is a hard way to do it!

Tony, day off just started at 12:30 as it was hairdo day for Mom. But I will enjoy what's left of it anyway. The weather is lovely out. Love the sun and the cool temps. FF is right, 80 in October isn't the same as in the summer when there is no cool down at night.

LCShadows, my weight is all over the place too for the most part except when I put my nose to the grindstone and weigh and measure everything and also keep what I am eating on a daily basis very consistent. That has not happened this week thus no drop on Tuesday and I doubt I will be down a pound tomorrow. Need to get back in the losing mode real quick before I start to gain again. Wow, you have actually had a 5 pound whoosh! I would love that sometime!

Marilee, I am so happy you are finally getting some nice weather. Hope in a few weeks that last summer will seem like a bad dream.

Vicki, can we get you to describe your dress or post a picture of it? I love wedding dresses and sometimes just pick up a wedding magazine and thumb through it.

Artemis, hope the feet feel good today and your C25K training continues to move along smoothly.

Jenny, enjoy your walk today! That water drinking really does work! Think I'll get myself a big glass right now!

Just finished first meal of the day. Two 3" squares of my flax bread with cream cheese and topped with olive tapanade. This sounds so weird but when we were kids one of the sandwich spreads you could buy was called Olive Butter. It came in a glass jar like chipped beef comes in and I really think it was just finely ground green olives. I loved it! So this olive tapanade is really bringing me down memory lane.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Columbus Day is NOT one of the 8 legal holidays.

I am taking that and the day after as vacation days. I will take the time to re-discover America (and do it right this time!!!) Going to the diner after the WW meeting today. My friend had the orange roughy last time. It looked good, so i will have 1/2 portion tonight, and the rest for bkfst tomorrow. I take the salad home, and eat the veggies. Tomorrow i will have the salad with some added tuna, 1/2 oz crushed nuts, and some mayo (about 2-3 T). I am very serious about portion control, but no starvation rations. that, as i discovered, is not maintainable. I expect to take some nice walks this weekend. Sat is Yom Kippur. I am fasting, but not for me, but for the departed in my Earth family. I will betake myself to the park, and away from the temptation of food. i expect to walk there and back. That is a 4 hr round trip. The trick is to take it slowly, so my feet do not hurt after the 1st 5 minutes. FF
Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to mention that Bama is sporting her new florescent orange hunting/halloween collar. I can see her in the dark when I take her out at 3:30 am now. lol
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
jenny, happy to hear you are feeling better...if you drink a lot of water and don't make up for the calories you haven't been taking in (like i always do!), i bet you'll drop those 2 lbs. over the next 3-4 days...

abi, i'm not sure how you do what you do, and on top of it, you are up all night...wow!...i love this weather too!...

had my son's teacher conferences today - they all said what a nice boy he is which is always nice to hear...he really is a sweetie which isn't always easy for a 15-year-old boy... ;-) then i got a haircut - abi, your mom and i are on the same hair schedule!...lol...

today:
b: 1 egg over easy
l: bunless cheeseburger
s: 2 chicken wings
d: ?

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, my dress isn't an actual wedding dress. It is just below the knee and off the shoulder with a cinched in waist and pleated skirt, off white.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Leaving the office for home. Have a nice evening!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Just did my second training session of this week. Can almost run 2 miles now without stopping.
I have been doing some much needed soul searching since the episode with my clothes.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #69

did the diner this evening.

i will be getting 3 meals out of it. cup of chicken broth and small half sour pickle. 1/2 portion of orange roughy (does that make me a roughy-an?)cooked escarole, with some pieces of mushroom. diet jello with whipped cream and decaf with 1/2 & 1/2 (1 T). took home the salad (for bkfst with tuna, 1/2 oz nuts and 2-3 T mayo. I can actually stretch that for bkfst & lunch.) Supper will be the other 1/2 portion of roughy with stringbeans. I always ate the whole portion of fish or seafood. This was a first. FF
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, it is wonderful to have a 15 year old son that is a good kid and his teachers all say so. He must have been brought up right!

Vicki, the dress sounds lovely. You will make a beautiful bride!

Artemis, being able to run almost 2 miles without stopping is pretty amazing! Are you sure the clothes weren't fitting because you have built up muscles?

Marilee, your profile picture is beautiful! That artist was so talented with his detail and realism. We are having some frosts this week so hope our foliage will start to look like that in the next couple of weeks.

FF, you sound like your old self now. How are you feeling? Does your fast for Yom Kippur last for the total day?

No loss today and I suspected as much. Have not watched portion control at all this week. Need to get back in the groove.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Artemis, congrats on the training.

abi, thanks for the comment.

Okay, I weighed in this morning and am totally disgusted. See stats.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #72

hurrah for the good kids. they do not get enough press

Tony, it is a result of great parenting. Good for y'all. Yom Kippur is an all day fast, from sundown to an hour past sundown the next day (why an hour longer, i have no idea). Fortunately, the weather will be ideal. I will walk to the park and stay there till about 4 or 5 pm, then walk home. Sun, Mon & Tue I will hit the gym, and pay a visit to u know where, and enjoy 1 portion of u know what. i left my lunch at home of course. Well, there is more salad in the cafeteria. I am most certainly NOT going to Atlantic city until sometime in November...Dec too. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the kind words. guys...my son's name is vincent and in addition to his mom and my influence, he has been blessed with two older brothers and two older sisters who have adored him since he was born...there is 4+ years between him and his next oldest sibling and 11 years between him and his oldest brother, so it has been like having three mothers and three fathers...and those four kids have set a great example...that has made it easier!...

kohl's replaced the broken scale with the same model and so i am going to give this one a shot before buying a totally different one...haven't used it yet, but i will this morning and start my plan all over again starting at whatever weight i am...hope it's not 245 where i started blitz I - i'll jump off a bridge...

meeting some hit songwriters in newport, ri today so i won't be around until tomorrow morning, probably, and i will post my starting weight that i get today, then...

hope everyone has a great day and start to the long weekend (if you have one)...
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #74

make sure its the Tallahachee bridge, Tony....

it has been well tested. (lol). Gov Christie of NJ declined to run for Pres this time around. I must take some blame for that. he was counting on my Atlantic City losses to fund his campaign. But I will not be returning before Nov. It is still too warm. FF
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, your last name isn't McAllister, is it? Can't be - you're Italian.....

I think only us "oldies but goodies" will understand the Tallahachee bridge and Billy Joe McAllister.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #76

thanks Gibby, for outing my age.

I was going to keep it a secret for the next 2 milennia (lol). Uh oh. back to work fior a final hour. Talk to y'all later. FF
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

well tomorrow is one week of this blitz. I don't feel like I've lost anything despite staying on plan and staying on track with my training and exercise. Tomorrow is also the biggest training day yet. We're up to running 20 minutes without walking intervals. I know I won't get 2 full miles in but that's ok. I'll be happy with just making it through the session.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marilee and FF - now I can't get Ode to Billy Jo out of my heard. lol

Gorgeous weather this weekend - sunny and temps in the 70's! FF, good weather for a long walk. Hope your fast is going good today. Artemis, hope the running for 20 minutes straight goes well today. Have you met any friends yet that are interested in training with you? How did week one go on the job? Everything falling into place now? First two weeks are always the most stressful for me.

Vicki, cute profile picture! Love the halloween decorations all over the place.

Tony, hope the replacement scale has all the right numbers for you!

Yesterday I had some flax bread with olive tepanade, 5oz of tuna with my mayo, pork roast and brocolli with dip. Today will probably be more of the same.

Hey Jenny and LCShadows! What's going on with you two?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Well made it through the first week of work. My first assignment is on gliomas which are a type of brain tumor. Should be something interesting!

When we started the Blitz last week I decided I need to try to vary up my calories, carbs, and fats a bit. I realized that why I may be losing so slowly is that I basically eat a lot of the same things every day which ultimately leads to me eating roughly the same amount of calories, carbs, and fats every day and maybe my body is just used to it. So I have tried specifically cycling it every other day this week and the net result was gaining 1/2 lb this week! I find that so hard to believe with all the exercise I have been doing. Maybe it is converting fat to muscle. I should have taken my measurements before starting my training five weeks ago so that I would know at least if I am losing inches.
So each week of the Blitz I will put my totals. Maybe that will be a motivator, but I just dont know how I could be more motivated!

Oct 1 - Oct 8: +0.5
Oct 8 - Oct 15: better be a loss!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #80

how do your clothes fit now,Artemis, as opposed to 5 weeks ago?

how are u feeling in general? It is not always the scale and the tape measure that will show u dramatic results in a short time. I have given up hope in a quick loss. I would like to be under 250 by May 11, 2012 for my Vegas trip. that is 48 lbs over 7 months. Possible. I never made it to the park today. I am glad. In 8 minutes, wqxr fm (wqxr.org)will be airing a Met 1962 performance of Tosca featuring Leontyne Price. That is worth all the squirrels in the world (unless they are on my plate.) I will be breaking my fast with a large order of ribs.(about 7:30pm). Talk to y'all later. FF
Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing well--on plan and went swimming yesterday. I'm down only 1lb for last week. I doubt I can make it up this week by losing 3lbs--that seems like alot. I guess I might be being ambitious to hope for a lb a week...I'm just glad I'm down a lb and not up! I'm planning on having some wine tonight. I'm going to my brother's house, staying the night and we will be with friends. I'm not sure quitting drinking has really done much to contribute to weightloss...looking over journals from last year this time when I did drink some wine with dinner etc. I seem to be losing at about the same pace...

I'll think I will keep it to special occasions though just as an experiment...

I helped plan dinner at my brother's so I won't have a problem with him serving lasagne or something!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I meant ambitous hoping for 2lbs a week--I better at least lose a lb!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol, jenny, you are funny!...2 lbs. is pretty ambitious, especially for someone your size...try to be happy with 1/2 to 1 lb. per week and then you can be ecstatic if it is more...good job with the swimming...

artemis, i'm betting your gain is muscle...there is a period of time after you start exercising when you will almost certainly gain...keep it up and the fat burning engine you are building will pay dividends in the long run...

ff, good luck on breaking the fast after sundown tonight...looking forward to hearing how you fared...

abi, isn't this weather awesome!!!???...

marilee, believe it or not, that song is still being covered by a lot of newer artists, so even a lot of the kids know it...

well, got on the new scale today and amazingly, i got the same reading each time i got on it...the bad news is that weight was 216.6, so i have no idea how much i have weighed for the past month...that will be my new starting number...can't be above that on tuesday and have to be at least .2 lbs. below it on next friday to avoid penalties...

here we go again!

today:
b: skipped
l: bowl of my veggie concoction
d: ?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I was going to keep it a secret for the next 2 milennia (lol). Uh oh. back to work fior a final hour. Talk to y'all later. FF
Sorry, ff, but you outed yourself some time ago!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I did it! I ran the full 20 minutes today! I thought surely it would take a time or two more before I could do it. Five weeks ago I was out of breath after 1 minute so I am making so much progress. And now I know I can finish this program. Then my next goal will be to get the 5K in 30 min. Will I lose tons of weight? Not sure at this point but I will be healthy and strong.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, artemis...that is a great accomplishment!...and btw, you are looking quite fetching in your archery pose! :-)
Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I bet that order of ribs tasted wonderful after your long fast! Hope you enjoyed your opera.

Jenny, one pound is still great. Are you swimming in an outdoor or indoor pool? Is it heated?

Artemis, running straight for 20 minutes is fantastic! Your dedication to this training is really inspiring!

Tony, are you ready for another beautiful fall day? Our foliage is coming along a little slow this year. Guess we haven't had a good hard frost yet.

Well, need to run. Will check in later. Have a great Sunday all!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #88

i made it!!!

being in the house is always more difficult, which is why i originally opted to be out for the day. But when I heard what was on the radio, I committed to be home. It was not easy, but I did it. Next fast is the Ides of March (not the movie)Up early today, as u can see. I will be out until 5 PM (America's Test Kitchen/Cooks Country). Same for tomorrow and Tuesday. Freaky heat wave!!! I HATE IT!!! FF
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Tony! She's my inspiration to keep running so that one day maybe I'll look like that

FF, sounds like you had a great day. Glad you enjoyed it and I bet the ribs tasted great after not eating.

Well I lost a little yesterday. For fear of jinxing myself I will not say how much...I will just wait and see if that stays off this week. Have a good Sunday everyone!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

I am on track so far today. Breakfast was a smoothie with protein powder, veggies, apple and flax seed oil. Lunch chicken on a bed of mixed greens, lime jc and flax oil. Snack, flax muffin. Supper I think steak, not sure since fiance' is cooking.

I went through my closets and drawers this morning and pulled out all of the clothes that don't fit because they are too small boo hoo and boxed them up. I ended up with 6 boxes of clothes. I went out and bought some that fit better and am keeping current clothes plus one size down in my closet and drawers. Maybe that shocked me into sticking to a plan.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Closed Thread