Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Good morning all!

Mom a little better yesterday. She does get a flu shot Tony. She got one a couple of months ago. She does have copd among her other health issues so her lungs are not in very good condition.

Great birthday for Vincent, Tony! So your baby is 16 now? They grow up so fast! Have you completed the sale of your business now? You are probably feeling free as a bird from that responsibility. Bring on the great music writing!

Where is Artemis? Hope all is ok with her.

Vicki, listening to Christmas carols and decorating the tree sounds lovely. Hope to be able to do that tomorrow. Looking for the tree stand right now. Where in heck did we put that the last time we had a tree??

FF, you can probably catch those last 3 episodes of svu on reruns or they will have the series out on dvd down the road. That L&O series always creeped me out. I always liked the original one with Lenny and the Criminal Intent series.

Have been stress eating again this week. Vowing to get back with the water and simple food today. Meat, eggs and salad.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abi, best of luck getting back on track today....i'm bettin on ya...the sale is supposed to close on january 4th...it will be great!...so so so much to do between now and then...

i'm trying to lose a bit before christmas although i survived TG which is giving me some confidence...i'd be happier plateauing closer to 210 than 220...and i need to get to 1derland which i was within 2 lbs. of earlier this year...opportunity lost!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
true, abi...

i found quite a number of cases on SVU to be quite gruesome. However, i am quite fond of Olivia and the medical examiner. Last night was one of bliss. I could not believe how good a condition the vinyls I played last night were in. I started with Part I of the XMAS Oratorio by JS Bach. Part II I will play this evening. Next was a Ravi Shankar album I had bought about 1967, and played quite a number of times back then. Not one snap, crackle or pop. the same with a Pavarotti album of Verdi & Donizetti arias I bought back in Jan 1974, and also had played oodles of times. No surface noise, just the music. Also, I am feeling back in the groove, ATKINS wise. The last spree had a gravitational hold on me. I was afraid I would not be able to break away. Mercifully, there will be some really great walking weather for the weekend. My prime directive for the remainder of 2011 is to undo the damage I did. Then, Jan through May 10 will be a time for dropping some serious weight. w/o these Blitzes, I would be in the county morgue for sure. FF
Old 12-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

weighed in at 219.4 yesterday and 220.2 today - moving in the wrong direction, but i'm sure it is fluid...need a flushing day which i will try to get today...

ff, you have us to help you break away...that is one of the best things about the past 1 3/4 years - the support - and the attitude change...we never give up - we may slip back, but we keep trying and that is HUGE!...

i have been religious about my workouts 3-4 days a week no matter what else is going on and every morning i reset and start out on the right track and then just work to stay there until bedtime...today:

b: 1 hb egg white
?????

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning. Boy yesterday at work was crazy so I couldn't check in.

I have no idea what the scale says. I'm trying not to weigh every day as it's too depressing. I don't want to wait a week because I want to keep things under control and I gain very quickly.

Have a great day!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

to weigh or not to weigh, that is the question...i think you know yourself enough to know when you need to weigh and when you might need a day to stay off the scale...i weigh every day, but have actually skipped a couple of days here and there lately when i suspected it might get me down...good strategy for me...

i do need a short leash and accountability and the regular weigh-ins provide that...with my personality, i might go into a tailspin if i weighed once a month and saw a gain...
:-)
Old 12-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #607

i feel a steak night is coming on.

i am defrosting 2 steaks tonight with no salad or veggies. I have already consumed 6 gr of carbs. That is it for today. Tonight's bit of technological prestidigitation will involve connecting a cd player to the amplifier, that may or may not work. It would be nice if it does. FF
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #608

so glad Vinnie had a great birthday.

i expect the next one will be good for me . btw, I miscalculated. I consumed 7.5 gr of carbs, not 6. Pardon! FF
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg ff!!!!!!! 7.5???...are you sure???...i think you better double-check your math brother...

:-)

good day today...ate almost nothing all day and some steak tonight...ff, we're steak twins!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

I could go for a nice rib eye right now! You guys are making me hungry! I had a bowl of hamburg last night that tasted pretty good. You never know with hamburg.

I am so glad we only got rain last night. I didn't sleep well and it rained very hard all night. I kept thinking, hope the temperatures don't drop!! We had about 1/2 inch of wet snow at 3:30. Hope that is it for the day. I bet north of us they could have gotten a foot!

I have had a couple of days lately when I didn't weigh for the same reasons Marilee and Tony haven't. But like them I have to weigh several times a week to make sure I don't let it get out of hand.

Our tree is up and I will decorate it later when my day off starts. DH is bringing Mom's over this morning to set it up. I'll bring down her lights etc. from upstairs but won't decorate it until tomorrow. If I leave the stuff sitting there maybe someone else will get it done. lol

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm worried about Artemis. Hope all is well with her and her family.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Marilee, I love it that you keep changing your pic. Something new all the time, especially with the kitties.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 AM   #612

yes, it was 7.5 gr down to the last neutron.

i took the steak and a pork chop out of the freezer, and put them in the fridge. tonite i will do a dry rub on them for Fri night. Instead, i ordered 4 (yes, 4) cheeseburgers. I was starving 15 minutes after i finished them, and stayed that way till i fell asleep at 8 pm. I woke up 40 minutes later, still hungry. But i fought it, with diet soda my only weapon. I watched almost 1 episode of THE BIG BANG THEORY, and then fell asleep again. I feel good that i won the battle. I did not want to take in any more calories. taking in 4 paper thin slices of tomato, and 1.5 paper thin slices of onion, 5 pickle slices and 2 tsp of low carb ketchup, i would have to add another 6 gr carbs, to total 13.5 gr. for the day. One should not eat a burger w/o tom and onion. Tonight is diner night (it is a 5 minute walk from the WW meeting)Talk about your gravitational pull. As it is just me, i will take my meal to go. It may be some sort of fish, or roast chicken. I am quite impressed with your work-out sessions, tony, and all u others that exercise regularly. I will be purchasing a pair of 5 lb dumbbells to use in the house listening to my music. FF
Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, there's no way you are craving a ribeye at 5 a.m.!...lol...if so, you are the ultimate carnivore, taking the title away from ff...sorry you didn't sleep well last night...i slept fine, i thought, until i woke up tired this morning...

ff, i think what keeps me exercising is the aversion to starting it over again after a layoff and the pain that brings...

i'm worried about artemis too...if you are around, girl, just say hello... :-)

vicki, i like your tree...

another day, another trial...planning on dry rubbing chicken halves and throwing them on the grill tonight...will eat light all day...i think it'll be another hb egg white for breakfast YUM! (not)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #614

what sort of dry rub do u use, Tony?

i keep mine simple: minced garlic, black pepper, and sometimes Mrs Dash. For poultry I will add a little celery seed. For my legendary pork chops pizzaiola, i will eliminate the black pepper & Mrs Dash, and add even more garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes (pepperoncino). Vicki, luv the tree, even though it is incomplete. It is missing the tribute, er gifts for everyone's fave Troll. Artemis, we miss u!!! FF
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Thanks, Vicki. I have a lot of them so I'm hoping to use them all before Christmas is over.

Enjoy Charlie Brown
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #616

i went with the roast chicken.

as soon as i get off this site, i am heating up the chicken broth & the chicken. i am taking the salad to work. the veggies will be for tomorrow & Sat. so, allowing for 1 gr for the broth, the lc cheesecake, and the ATKINS-friendly selections (small portions btw...i am so good in public!!!), today's carbs total 11 net grams. Now I can eat!!! FF
Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #617

oh, i did not clarify...

the Atkins friendly selections were from the company breakfast. FF
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you're a regular chatty cathy today :-) the bbq chicken was simply delicious!...i'll have to check the brand of rub and get back to you...i rubbed 2 halves with maple smokehouse and 2 halves with mesquite - the chicken was juicy and tender...i buy purdue whole plump chickens and then wash them and cut them in half...cooking them in large pieces keeps the meat from drying out ...

hi marilee...i'm enjoying your photos too :-)

had a good day today:
l: small apple
s: 6 pistachios
d: grilled half chicken

Last edited by tony8; 12-08-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

We got our tree and Mom's up and all decorated. Well, we got the lights on Mom's. Have not turned the light on in her living room so don't know if anyone decorated it. It sure smelled wonderful when I came in the front door.

I posted a cute picture yesterday for a smile for the day but it isn't on here anymore? Strange?

FF, the pork chop fixings of garlic and red pepper flakes sounds so good.

Tony, "another day, another trial" - isn't that the truth!

Loving the Christmas profile pictures Marilee and Vicki are posting. It's like getting different Christmas cards all the time. We have gotten only one card so far and have only sent out 2. I like to write a short note but just don't feel motivated enough to get moving on them. Probably everyone on my list is like me, waiting to get one to send one back. lol

I cooked a pot roast yesterday that never seemed to get tender. DH fixed himself a grilled sandwich. I had a salad. Will cook it some more today and see what happens. It was the other half of one we had a couple of weeks ago that I had put in freezer. The first half was fine. This half I put in the pot frozen for lack of time yesterday. Maybe that's why. I may have to cut it up into cubes like a beef stew.

Have a great day all! Here is the smile for the day again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitten.jpg (58.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 12-09-2011 at 01:58 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 04:28 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I had a chatty Cathy doll growing up, thanks for the memory Tony.

ff, I saw your post on roasting chicken on the other thread. Now I am defrosting one for this weekend.

Abi, your cute picture that you posted yesterday went to the previous blitz thread, I saw it there. I don't change my profile pic though, Marilee does that
Old 12-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #621

my night-time combo seems to be working.

after the roast chicken, i was hungry for something more. Indeed that sensation did not dissipate for the whole evening. After Seinfeld was over, i went into the living room, turned on the radio, shut off all the lights, except the bathroom light, but left the door ajar 1 or 2 ", got into the lounge chair, and enjoyed 3 1/2 hours of total serenity. the combo of music, loungechair, and lights out helped me deal with the hunger much better than before. I woke up feeling great. I am having my lc tiramisu for bkfst (3 gr)with french vanilla coffee. I think, this time, i will win!!! FF
Old 12-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, good strategy...try adding a couple of large glasses of water - that usually helps me...you have to wait 20 minutes or so for relief...

abi, very cute pic - thanks!...can't wait to hear what you found when you turned on the lights in mom's living room...pot roast is a tough cut of meat - it's all about cooking it to death and making sure there is some moisture in the pot...it'll tenderize today...

feeling fat today - i think i ate too much chicken last night...
Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #623

yes, tony...getting in plain H2O is a challenge for me lately.

But i will try. last night I had diet choc soda, diet snapple, and a few sips of water. Perhaps i should squeeze a few drops of lime juice (not a big fan of lemon). that might help. although i do have a 2 litre bottle of lime flavored seltzer (zero sodium). I will keep that by the lounge chair. Worried about Artemis now. I still have not forgotten about Warrior Scholar(Adam). I hope he is fine and enjoying life wherever he is. FF
Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Lol Vicki, that's what happens trying to post at 4am. Glad you were such a super sleuth here!

Tony, the tree was all decorated when I turned the lights on! It looked beautiful. I guess the elves came in last night while I was off and did their magic!

FF, boy how relaxing was that! Now if you had a dog that would have lasted about 5 minutes! There is no such thing as relaxing around animals. If it is not the dog nudging you with her nose it is two cats doing the kneeder feet on you.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #625

i was actually toying with the idea of getting a dog when i retire.

but, then i said no. i do not like to leave animals alone in the apartment. I am better off with a goldfish. when it is his time, he goes easily down the throat. FF
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, water has been a challenge for me too and i really need to flush fluid out of my body...tell me you don't really eat goldfish when they die... :-)

abi, i still don't have my tree and i won't be getting it this weekend either...i won't even tell you how crazy my life is going to be until the sale of my store is final on january 4th...happy the elves got to your mom's tree...i'm betting that put a smile on her face...

good day today:
l: skipped
s: 6 pistachios
d: leftover chicken
Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i wonder how adam is too...he is a nice kid...and i am worried about artemis - she has been doing great - maybe she had more computer problems...hope so :-)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I thought I better post before you started worrying about me Tony--

I'm doing okay, not able to lose at all, but I keep trying--I need to get a plan. I seem to starve myself all day and then eat more than I think I should at night. Not really a plan. I've been sticking to low carb well, but it doesn't really work for me right now as far as losing weight. I'm feeling like I have more energy with the thyroid meds...I hope they help at some point with the weight loss, but so far...nothing. Oh well, I'm trying to not be so hard on myself, I just wish I were 30lbs thinner but it seems impossible at times. Otherwise, life is good!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Jenny, so good to hear from you! Glad you are having more energy and feeling good. Know that you will find a plan that works for you.

Tony, you bring back memories of me selling my custom picture frame shop in Huntsville back in the 80's. I was suffering from eye problems at the time, trying to take inventory, working on orders, plus training the couple that were buying the shop. Nothing easy about it. Mom was thrilled with the tree by the way.

FF, now that is an efficient way to dispose of your future pet. Don't forget the tartar sauce!

The pot roast was fine last night. I had a little meat with a salad and for lunch had a bratwurst with spicy mustard.

Waiting on older sister stopping by at 6am on her way to NY to her daughter's home for the weekend. Have the pumpkin spice coffee ready and the tree lights on. Josh Grobin singing Christmas songs.

Have a great Saturday all. Hope we hear from Artemis today.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #630

i believe, jfinchster, u need structure.

when i started a weight loss plan, i was brutally honest with myself. i knew that any plan that allowed sweets and starches would not work for me, because i cannot be moderate with them. For me, it was ATKINS or nothing. Although I still have problems, I am working them out. However, we each have to create our own plan and stick to it. It should be do-able because we see to it that it includes foods we need to have, either on a weekly basis, or a daily basis. Sometimes we have to tweak the plan from time to time. In my case, ATKINS offers the most individuality. I never get bored, even on VLC. When I deviate from plan, it is usually because of temptation from the outside world. More often than not, i get right back on the reindeer(trying to be seasonal hahaha). Sometimes like just recently, it is very hard to get back. But I did, and I feel wonderful and serene. If one is having problems staying on a plan, it is time to choose another. If it is too much a chore, it is not the right plan. Best of luck to u and to all of us. btw I made it thru another night w/o eating anything after dinner. I decided to have the steak this evening. Yesterday,instead, I ordered 1 large spare rib, 1 small spare rib(15 pieces total, and an order of roast pork egg fu young, all ATKINS-ized. I ate 9 of the 15 ribs, and 1 of the 3 patties. I actually wound up consuming 13 gr for the day, and 43 WW points instead of my 52 points allowed for me. If I can conquer night time eating, I know I will get to goal. Enjoy the weekend. Sorry for the speech, but we need to be reminded of these things, in my case 24/7. FF
Closed Thread