Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, we didn't get Mom's tree yet because her cable box is on a table in the spot the tree has to go and we need to get a longer cable to put the box on the other side of the tv. Maybe by Monday.

FF, hope you feel back to your energetic self now.

Glad to hear from you Vicki!

Marilee, so happy you are down another pound and that you are doing well enough not to have the chicken shots right now and can save them for when you really need them.

Artemis, we stayed at the Opryland Hotel once. It was so neat, this whole atrium under a glass roof with waterfalls and pathways. I bet your parents would enjoy walking around that complex.

Will check in with you all later! Have a great Friday all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OP_DeltaAtrium_300.jpg (100.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 12-02-2011 at 02:28 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #572
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

feeling much improved. i am enjoying the other 1/2 of last night's chopped steak from the diner. Last night I sat down in the living room, on a lounge chair listening to the NY PHILHARMONIC broadcast. the sound from the same equipment was such an incredible improvement(except, of course, for the sub bass octaves), since moving it into the living room. It is like a completely different apartment. AND, it is supposed to be a rain-free 3 day weekend. I will be going to a part of Bklyn (Bay Ridge)where the houses have the most elaborate Christmas displays, early Sunday evening(convenientlly close to THE BAKERY). I will try out the digital camera part of my cell phone, on them. I hope to get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art before the month is out. I will be able to take pictures of the antiquities w/o the security guard threatening me with expulsion, as there is no flash involved. I need at least an 8" X 11" of Livia Drusilla, so the photography store can blow it up to poster size. I have a space for her right by her husband, the God Augustus. Well, time to get it together for the workday. Talk to y'all later. FF
Old 12-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Tony, I am totally open for suggestions. Abi, I had planned on taking them there. A friend at work said they have their Christmas displays and lights up so there is a lot of "eye candy". I think they are wanting to do some Christmas shopping too. I will try to get in a light jog before we head out tomorrow morning, but if not, then I will wear my pedometer to at least see how many miles I put in.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Happy Friday, fellow Blitzers!

The scale is doing it's usual up and down thing...I'm totally ignoring it.

It's rained yesterday and it's cool (for us) - only 61 degrees today. I'm getting in that wonderful wintery spirit.

I'd best get to work - I'll check in later.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, my scale is doing the same thing...i was 220 on wednesday, didn't weigh yesterday and am at 218.6 today...that 220 barrier is a big psychological thing...i need to get losing again...have the winds affected your area? - been thinking about you as i watch the news...

artemis, if you tell me what kind of food they like, i might be able to recommend a few places...also, do they like country music?...have you been out to any venues since living in town?...there are some really cool little clubs where some great writers play...let me know if you want any music recommendations...

abi, the opryland hotel re-opened but believe it or not, that huge mall is still closed from the flooding way back when...only bass pro shops re-opened there...what a disaster!...we gotta get our tree soon too...been busy doing fall cleanup around the house and yard...the weather has been cooperating, hasn't it?... :-)

ff, happy the stereo has altered the ambience in your home - it's so nice when you can rehab your familiar environment, isn't it?...that steak sounds yummy...

looking forward to a good day today...i have been busy and not drinking enough water for sure...i don't feel good at the weight - there is a threshhold at around 212-214 where i feel much lighter...gotta get back there and then assault 1derland...

today:
b: skipped
l: 6 pistachios
s: ?
d: sausage, peppers, onions and tomatoes have been simmering in the crock pot all day

:-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, thankfully we didn't get any of the winds. Just wonderful, gentle rain.

I never get in enough water - I am not a water drinker so that is my biggest challenge and probably one of the reasons why it is difficult for me to lose.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am counting down the days to the end of the semester. I have great plans for the break. The best thing: all my sons will be around on Xmas. My middle son is coming home from overseas too. The downside: colonoscopy and knee scope.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, that is so sad that the Opryland Hotel atrium is still not back the way it was. I remember now Nashville had alot of flooding a year or so ago. Your crockpot meal sounds delicious. I think I could smell it cooking in Hinsdale! Is that sweet Italian sausage you cook? Know what you mean about not feeling good at a certain weight and just afew pounds less you feel much lighter. I need to get a move on. The egg thing didn't last for me.I ate the ones I cooked the other day all at once in a big egg salad with mayo.

Vicki, I only thought you had one son! How wonderful that they will all be around at Christmas. Do you have 3 sons? Bummer about the knee scope and the colonoscopy. The worst thing about the colonoscopy to me is the prep.

Marilee, that cool weather does put you in the holiday spirit doesn't it. Will the weather stay cool like that now until spring?

Artemis, I will be curious about how many miles you put in on your pedometer touring around with your folks. Hope you have a very enjoyable weekend with them.

FF, so happy moving your stereo into your living room has been giving you so much enjoyment. Did you get the cable you needed to be able to download your pictures from your cell phone to your computer? We would love to see them!

Jenny, so good to hear from you. Am sure, like Tony said, as soon as those thyroid meds kick in you will start seeing some results. Try not to get too discouraged.

We are having a luncheon at Mom's today. A dear friend from Cape Cod is coming up and bringing fresh made clam chowder. I have had it before and it is delicious. I just don't eat out any of the potatoes that are in it. Other than that it is clams, milk, butter etc. I am making one of those pastry covered baked Brie cheese rounds. Have not tried it before but my daughter makes them alot and that warm, creamy cheese is delicious. I bought a loaf of that small rye cocktail bread for the others to spread the cheese on. For myself I am making some of that foccacia style bread out of flax seed meal, eggs, and coconut oil to put my cheese on. My older sister will be coming and bringing two of her childhood friends on their way to go Christmas shopping in Keene. They are so funny so it will be a fun lunch. My youger sister, my brother and his wife will also drop by.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #579

thanks, Abi..this troll will!

I will make this a quick one. As soon as I got home, I filled 4 plastic bags with vhs tapes, and took them to the incinator room, shedding myrad teats over each one. That is a good way to drop some water weight, btw. I can now use that space for my audio cassettes, which I do play. The METOPERA broadcast season begins in 25 minutes with Handel's RODELINDA featuring Rene Fleming in the title role. wqxr.org for those who might be interested. I will let u all know how the vinyl sounds tomorrow. There is so much good stuff on the radio, I may not get to the phono till tomorrow. I hope my fave HEWMONS have a great weekend. FF
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #580

forgive the hasty spelling errata.

that was supposed to be MYRIAD TEARS. FF
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #581
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, yes, I have 3 boys and soon to have 2 step daughters and a step son. Just call us the Brady Bunch.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey carol brady - sounds like quite a group!...is your "overseas" son in the military?...

abi, the grand ole opry, the atrium and hotel are up and running, i believe - it is the huge opryland mall that never re-opened...tons of shops and a theatre, etc. all closed...they keep saying it will open in six months, but it hasn't materialized yet...

hope you had a great luncheon at your mom's...sounds like a hoot...that must have made your mom happy... ;-)

ff, i almost busted a gut laughing at your "myrad teats"...you are a piece of work!

marilee, what are the temps out there now?...

had a good day...ate almost nothing all day and just had some steak bomb filling for dinner...i'm full, but may make some chili in the crock pot later for tomorrow...

yes, abi, i did use sweet italian sausage...

btw, weighed in at 218.6 for the second straight day...could be worse!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

We had a nice luncheon and alot of laughs. One of the childhood friends of my sisters my Mom practically raised and her Mother the same for us. We lived one field away from them and if they weren't at our house we were at theirs. The path leading from one house to other lasted for years.

Everyone loved my pastry covered brie and it tasted great all melted on my flax bread. The clam chowder was delicious. I just left the cubes of potato untouched.

Wow, Vicki! That is going to be one exciting family. How old are your step children to be?

FF, glad you clarified the myriad of tears. lol I thought you had slipped back into speaking ferengese!

Got to run. Will check in later! Have a great Sunday all!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

I have gotten 3 DVDs for chair exercises: aerobics, salsa and yoga in anticipation of needing something to keep me active after I have my knee scope. I have done two of them and they aren't too bad. I do work up my heart rate. They are only 30 minutes in length (I am used to doing 45-60 minutes), but it is better than nothing.

Step kids ages: 18, 16, 13
Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, that sounds like a wonderful childhood...friends like that are few and far between...happy it was such a nice day :-)

vicki, you must have your hands full with all those teenagers - you'll be losing weight from worrying!...

had a good night last night - stopped eating at 8 p.m....made a beef chili and let it slow cook all night - just tasted some and it is FANTASTIC...so tender and with a nice bite...i love this new crock pot with the sealed lid!...will lunch on the chili and then we are going out to dinner with friends at 5...

hope everyone has a great day!...i'll check in later...
Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm, quiet day...where the heck is ff?...

had a good day...had the half roasted chicken at the restaurant tonight, so i was well-behaved!...

still not drinking enough water...hope everyone had a great sunday!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! How is everyone today?

The weather is cold (for us!). We are below normal. Yesterday morning the temp was 38. This morning it's 42 and overcast. The high will be 55.

Had a boring weekend. I was in one of those "I don't feel like doing anything" moods. So I did That's one of the few advantages of living alone.

The scale went up and down so I'm not worried. I was on plan. I did receive a call from a NutriSystem counselor wanting to know how I was doing and offering encouragement for this tough month. I appreciated it!

Well, best get back to work......

Marilee
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, it is nice to have those weekends once in a while!...good for you!...congrats on staying on plan...

abi is mia this morning...oh, abi, where are you?...
Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Mom feeling under the weather at the moment. Some bug going around. It's keeping me extra busy. Thanks for noticing I didn't check in at 4am Tony! I left the house early thinking I could get on Mom's computer but then she was ready to get up. I love chili. Of course I used to eat it piled high with crackers, cheese and sour cream. Not exactly low cal or low carb. Those were the days...

Yes, where in heck is FF?

Wow Vicki! that sure does sound like the Brady Bunch! Are they 3 girls? You make me feel guilty not exercising and you are getting prepared to exercise in your chair after your scope.

Marilee, that is great your nutisystem counselor called to check on you. Did you chat for very long? With your stressful job all week it is good for your serenity to have a calm weekend to recharge.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi-sorry your mom is under the weather. There is a bug going around our office and I don't want it to get me!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, of course i noticed...lol... sorry to hear your mom isn't feeling well...does she get a flu shot?...hope she feels better soon :-)

ff, you are not allowed to disappear for two days without warning - we all start worrying about you...

having a good day today...started out with a weigh-in of 218.2 which was lower than the last few days...i'm always happy if that happens after a weekend...and i've eaten very light so far with salmon on the menu for tonight:

b; 1 hb egg white
l: skipped
s: 6 pistachios
d; baked salmon w/ steamed broccoli
Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #592

i was not idle.

moving audio cassettes into the the space where the video cassettes were. it is just beginning. eventually SOME of the audio cassettes will be joining their video brothers...eventually. i tried a few times to balance my tone arm, but my hands started to shake. Hopefully tonight I will be successful. Next weekend, I will get the usb connection to transfer pix from the cell/camera to the computer, if i succeed in connecting. i have 1 picture of my roommates to date. Now, if I can only get them to kick in their fair share of the rent. FF
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

roommates???...do tell...
Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #594

u will see all eventually, Tony.

I came back on to announce VICTORY!!! I used a test disc (fifty cents)of Wagner choruses. WUNDERBAR, quiet surface, no whoosh, just MUSIC. But it is getting late. Tomorrow, the official coronation: J.S.Bach's Christmas Oratorio. Talk to u all tomorrow. FF.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:06 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marilee and Tony for the get well wishes for Mom. She was doing better late yesterday so hoping today will be one step better.

FF, roommates? I am assuming you are talking about your wonderful electronic equipment all set up just where you wanted it. Yes, we want to see pictures! Wonder if J.S.Bach's Christmas Oratorio is on youtube? Will have to check that out. You will pass on some culture to us yet! lol

Tony, glad the scale was on the low side after the weekend. Mine is not budging and it is all my fault.

I hear Mom stirring so will get back with you all later. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Found this one FF! Very lovely. I also listened to part 2. I especially liked the English translation printed at the bottom of the screen.

J.S. Bach - Christmas Oratorio BWV 248 - Part I 'For the First Day of Christmas' - Mvt. I - YouTube
Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i love the way ff is spreading culture all over this place, even if he doesn't choose that word to describe it :-)

abi has posted and all is right with the world again!...hope mom is feeling back to normal this morning...

the salmon was delicious last night...i use a seasoning that is a bit salty so i'm expecting some fluid gain today...my youngest son turns 16 today!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #598

Happy Birthday to Tony's son...

i hope his 16th was a lot better than mine. today is also the Saint's Day of St Nicholas of Myra who died today (or the 19th of Dec in the Eastern Orthodox calendar) in the 4th century. And yes, our St Nick is based on this fellow who was known as a secret gift giver. google him to get the whole story. the greatest gift for me now is that i am not hungry. btw the Christmas Oratorio I am referring to was, to the best of my knowledge never transferred to digital sources of any sort. It was recorded sometime in the 1960's. The commies gave the conducter a lot of flak over the religious theme. He went to the west shortly after recording the oratorio. I hope I am wrong about it not being available on cd. i find to be the best recording of this work i ever heard.It was on the Seraphim label(a budget subsidiary of EMI) It was recorded in the St. Thomas Church of Leipzig, where, for some years J.S. Bach worked as Cantor, pouring forth great cantatas for sunday services. It is gonna be a long day. Tonight, a friend informed me, they are airing the last 3 episodes of SVU which had Detective Elliot Stabler. I will have to miss it. Bach takes precedence tonight. FF
Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #599
Blabbermouth!!!

Christmas decorating and carols playing.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, music is everywhere today!...

well, vincent had a great birthday - his sister came home from college to have dinner with him and his two older brothers and their girlfriends...they gave him some cute gifts and his mom and i gave him a new ipod...

had a good day today:
b: leftover salmon
l: skipped
s: 6 pistachios
d: steak, peppers and onions calzone filling
Closed Thread