Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
curious, Gibby...how cold does it get in Phoenix?

we already know how hot it gets. I suggested to another LCF in another thread from Texas that she click her ruby slippers together and chant...There's no place like NOME(Alaska)!!! FF

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Artemis - Sore feet are the worst!!!! I hope they get to feeling better soon.

ff-it can get down in the low 30's in the winter, but that's early morning temps. We sometimes get a little frost on the cacti, but it burns off quickly.

I have some red shoes at home - I think I'll try the NOME chant and just see what happens.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
wow, marilee, that sounds awfully oppressive...it is beautiful there though...i'd never seen a dust storm until i was in arizona - sandblasted the rv...it was quite something...

ff, you were drinking coffee at 3 or 4 years old?...i still don't drink it... :-0

artemis, sorry to hear about your feet...heels are sexy, but i'm surprised you women put up with them...i don't think i could walk ten feet in heels...in fact, i don't think i could walk ten feet in a bra either...lol...

had a good day today:
b; banana
l: sliced roast turkey
d: broiled steak tips and chicken breast

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Hi, Blitzers! Dropping by to say hi. Looks like everyone's doing well.

I've been too busy in my offline world to get here often, but physically things are going well.

Did y'all hear about Denmark's "fat tax"? I was shocked. The last time I was there, people didn't seem to have bought into the high-carb/low-fat hype as much as we have in the US. Someone must have hit them with the Sugar Stick since I was last in Copenhagen.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey shadows, great to see ya...we've missed you!...i did see the fat tax story - interesting - i think they are already challenging it in the courts...

happy to hear you are doing well - hope we see more of you... :-)
Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hi LCShadows! Great to hear from you and glad you are doing well. I had read about the Denmark fat tax also. It is scary when the government gets involved with the food we eat. Look at the mess the US is in with its food pyramid.

Tony, hope you have better results on your weigh in today. I didn't lose the 1/2 pound and was actually up some. I haven't given up hope for a full pound loss for Friday though. I know if I watch my salt and drink my water it is doable.

Marilee, I think we got another couple of inches of rain just last night! Boy, that sure is dry in your neck of the woods! Front yards must be pretty rock formations and cackti instead of grass!

Artemis, sorry about the sore feet and legs. Hope today your feet are happy in some comfy flats!

got to run - will check in later!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Made it back in the 200's by 4 ounces Down 8 ounces since yesterday - seems too small to report, but I know you all understand how great it feels to have any loss at all!

Opened up the house this morning to let some fresh air in. More kitty butts checking everything out.

The good news is 40% chance of rain today and cooling off. Yea!

I love Fall - it's my favorite season. Can't wait for it to cool of so I can make homemade soups and chili. Yum!

Have a great day everyone!

Marilee
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I am thrilled you are back in the 200's! Homade soups and chili sounds wonderful. It it still raining here, damp and chilly - perfect for those warm comfort soups. I am baking my second batch of the flax meal bread. This time I left out the fake sugar and sprinkled garlic salt, onion salt and carraway seeds over the top. Hoping it will taste a little like pumpernickle bread. 20 min. to go.

FF, "there's no place like NOME" - you are a scream!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Marilee, I am thrilled you are back in the 200's! Homade soups and chili sounds wonderful. It it still raining here, damp and chilly - perfect for those warm comfort soups. I am baking my second batch of the flax meal bread. This time I left out the fake sugar and sprinkled garlic salt, onion salt and carraway seeds over the top. Hoping it will taste a little like pumpernickle bread. 20 min. to go.

FF, "there's no place like NOME" - you are a scream!
Abi, that bread sounds great! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I changed my avatar just now (4:14 PM PT) to show a picture of a 30-vehicle pile up on I-10 near Tucson due to one of our famous dust storms. I got it from the weather channel website, if you are interested. The video shows it more extensively.

I checked out knxvtv.com and the video there is real good. Sorry if I'm boring you all!

Get to go home in 15 minutes!!!!

Last edited by Gibby; 10-04-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, marilee, that is a pretty serious accident...hope no one was hurt!...congrats on the weight loss - nothing is too small to report - heck, i report no changes...lol...

abi, i think we're supposed to enjoy a good stretch of sunny beautiful fall weather beginning tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed!

ff, you're a pip!...

okay, i am back to square 1 - my scale is completely dead after not working properly since i got it...i paid $50 bucks for it at kohl's - it's a taylor...i'm a bit frustrated as i have been getting a different reading every time i climb on and it can be off by a couple of lbs....i am just hoping when i get another scale, i don't find i really weigh 230 lbs!!!...i will have to start over again calculating my losses for tuesdays and fridays once i have a scale with my real weight...this kinda sucks...

does anyone have any recommendations for a good reliable digital scale with a minimum of .2 lb. increments?...

today:
b: skipped
l: veggie stew - just eggplant, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, summer squash, garlic and a small onion...made a huge pot and will be eating it for the rest of the week!
d; salad with tuna
Old 10-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
In a bad mood so be forewarned! I woke up with a headache and then I discovered that most of my nice professional clothes do not fit...I didn't realize I had gained so many sizes. Then I spent the rest of the day running around like a chicken with my head cut off and didn't get in all my water.
But I did get my first training session for this week in. I had to run around my subdivision where all the hills are so that was rough.

Hope you all had a better day than I did!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I would have to judge the "pumpernickle bread" as being blah. The color is right and the texture is to my liking but I went pretty light on the onion and garlic salt. I did like the carraway seeds though. I had two pieces right out of the oven with butter on them and that was enough. It didn't taste so good that I couldn't stop eating it. My recommendation is that if you want something blah to put something good on like egg or tuna salad etc. it will work.

I didn't get your video of the accident to work yet but the picture looks terrible. I can't imagine driving along in a dust storm or dense fog and get into one of those horrible accidents. Hope you stay safe inside at any hint of those storms on their way!

Artemis, sorry for the bad day. We all have those sometimes when nothing seems to go right. Hoping you have a good day today, no headache and find something to wear that you feel good in. Super on getting that first training session in!

Tony, I have a cheap walmart scale and don't know if it is any good or not. I only step on it once. For all I know it might say somethig different everytime. I try not to temp fate. lol Its a health o meter by sunbeam. You step on the corner until the two zero's pop up and then step on the scale. It is digital. By the way, the veggie soup sounds good. Do you put some kind of chicken or beef stock in to cook the vegetables in?

I'm worried about FF. Where was he yesterday? And where is Vicki?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, it's probably more like a ratatouille (sp?)...sauteed some garlic in a bit of olive oil and then added a can of pastene kitchen ready tomatoes and then cut up the veggies and put them in the large stock pot and let the whole thing simmer on low for several hours...everything absorbs the, flavor of everything else, stirring occasionally...it is yummy and very healthy and low calorie...it would be good with chicken or beef added, but i didn't do that...i may do that one of these nights with a portion of it - it would make a nice meal...

i hate walmart - but i will see if i can find that brand of scale somewhere else...thanks abi!

FF, WHERE ARE YOU??????...you are not allowed to disappear without notice!...

VICKI, get your butt in here - we miss you!...

artemis, hope you have a better day today...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day"

Down a pound so I'm doing the hapy dance

Poured for 20 minutes last night at my house - LOVEd IT! 63 degress this morning and only a high of 83 today. Woo hoo!!!!! Smelled so fresh and clean when I left the house this morning.

I have a Taylor scale and I haven't had any issues with it. Other people have complained about that brand, as well. I would love to have one of those like you see at the doctor's office, but they are expensive and take up a lot of room.

Have a wonderful day! TTYL
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Marilee! Down another pound and you got rain and cooler temps! I would be doing a happy dance too!

Tony, I have heard those vegetable soups act like magic to drop the pounds and very filling too! Good luck finding the right scale for you.

I am trying not to get too worried about FF. Maybe his computer went on the fritz again?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
OK, I am here. I forgot you started a new blitz. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any posts LOL.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whew!...good to see you vicki!

it is very unusual for ff not to post - even if his home computer broke down, he has one at work...and he usually tells us when he won't be at work...he's spoiled us...maybe he just wants to see if we'll miss him... :-) FF!!!

marilee, i am so happy you are enjoying some reasonable weather...we take days like that for granted out here and we shouldn't...although i'll trade januarys and februarys with ya :-)

today so far:
b: vegetable whatever-it-is - small bowl and some acv
l: i think abi is right because i am still full from the vegetable thingy, so no lunch
d: i'm thinking fish - maybe salmon???
hopefully lots of water

Last edited by tony8; 10-05-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Well,
I've been on plan all week and not been drinking alchohol (not hard since I've had this cold) so doing well, but I have still been pretty sick so not been exercising like I plan too ( I think I might have a sinus infection now...)

Also, I've dropped a lb but still need to lose another by tomorrow to be on track with 2lb loss, we'll see if that happens. In my experience I think it's pretty hard to lose weight when you're sick though so I will cut myself some slack if I don't make it... If I eat well and don't overeat, stay away from alchohol, and exercise and still don't lose 2lbs a week I'm not going to fret about it too much--my body is only going to do what it is going to do....
Right now I'm down about 10lbs in 5 weeks so I'm feeling good.
Today I made a cauliflower crust pizza with red pepper, olives, swiss chard, garlic, artichoke hearts, tomato, mushrooms, fresh mozzerella cheese--it was a masterpiece! And I didn't stuff myself with it either....

I'll have salmon and a salad for dinner--(that's because I'm your twin Tony, but honestly it was already out of the freezer when I read your post!)
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinchster View Post
Well,
I've been on plan all week and not been drinking alchohol (not hard since I've had this cold) so doing well, but I have still been pretty sick so not been exercising like I plan too ( I think I might have a sinus infection now...)

Also, I've dropped a lb but still need to lose another by tomorrow to be on track with 2lb loss, we'll see if that happens. In my experience I think it's pretty hard to lose weight when you're sick though so I will cut myself some slack if I don't make it... If I eat well and don't overeat, stay away from alchohol, and exercise and still don't lose 2lbs a week I'm not going to fret about it too much--my body is only going to do what it is going to do....
Right now I'm down about 10lbs in 5 weeks so I'm feeling good.
Today I made a cauliflower crust pizza with red pepper, olives, swiss chard, garlic, artichoke hearts, tomato, mushrooms, fresh mozzerella cheese--it was a masterpiece! And I didn't stuff myself with it either....

I'll have salmon and a salad for dinner--(that's because I'm your twin Tony, but honestly it was already out of the freezer when I read your post!)
Feel better soon!!!!! And you are right - our bodies will do what they want to do.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #51

flu-ish? funny, but u don't look fluiish!!!

i didn't see it coming. this is day 2 that i am home sick. tomorrow i go to work, even if by hearse. still feel quite warm, and quite weak. i could not even get dressed. I am getting back to bed now. Pleasant dreams. FF
Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you're sick, ff. Get better soon!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

FF, we have been beside ourselves worrying about you. So glad it is ONLY the flu. Hope you feel much better tomorrow. Try to drink alot of fluids if you can. Is anyone checking in on you?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
FF--
I'm sorry you're not well, hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jenny! Your cauliflower pizza sounded so good. I have seen those recipes before on how to make that crust but have never tried it. Maybe I will since yours was successful! 10 pounds in 5 weeks is excellent!

Hope you and FF feel much better today!

Vicki, glad you found us!

Will check back later. Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am just hanging in there. I haven't weighed myself for several weeks. I am afraid to step on the scale. So, I don't know what my beginning weight is for this blitz. Maybe I will get the hang of it eventually, who knows.

After putting of the wedding date a few times, I/we have finally settled in on a time period; this June or summer. It is contingent upon my son who is in the military as to when he would be able to be here. Thus said, I want to get into the dress I bought. So, I had better get going.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 AM   #57

if i spent 1 more day at home, i would have become sick....

in quite a different way. i am back at work, but as i have a 4 day weekend ahead, i can do some convalescing outside. The temperatures will be courting circa 80 degrees. But 80 in Oct is not like 80 in July. I was going to go to Atlantic City Sun or Mon, but I may postpone it till November. I have a lot of catching up to do reading posts. I see Gibby made it to 2dorland. Good for u, Gibby. We are running neck and neck. I think I will skip coffee today, and get me some English Breakfast Tea. FF
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Tony and Abigale, I'm amazed at the consistency of your weigh-ins. My weight jumps around like a jumping bean. It can go up several pounds if I eat anything salty, or jump 4-7 pounds with menstrual weight gain, or take a sudden 5-pound dive for reasons I can never figure out. That is one of the reason I weight twice a week and then average the week/average the month. The trend is the only way that seems to tell me anything about what my weight is really doing.

FF, sending you good wishes for getting/feeling better.

I had a discouraging setback yesterday when the errands I was running on foot ended up involving walking about 4 miles - and my leg just wanted to give out on the way home from the final errand. Unfortunately, it wasn't on a bus route and there was really nothing to do but soldier through the last half-mile or so. I was so exhausted by the time I reached home. Not sure what caused the leg to give out suddenly. It hasn't done that in a very long time.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, welcome back to the land of the living!...happy to see you felt well enough to go to work this morning and that you will have the next 4 days to recuperate...

jenny, when i am sick, i gain weight - it's as simple as that - even if i don't eat a thing...so if you don't lose or even if you gain this week, do not fret...the trick is not to overeat once you feel better...i've done that and had the weight gain stick, but when i haven't, it's resulted in a big woosh loss a few days after feeling better...since we're twins, you'll probably experience the same thing :-) i gotta google that cauliflower crust...i almost forgot how awesome your cooking is...keep posting!

shadows, sorry about your legs - when we eat a restrictive diet, sometimes we don't get everything our muscles need for extensive exercise...that may have contributed to your problem...hope they are feeling better today...

vicki, congrats on the wedding...if it really happens next summer, i'm gonna propose a toast... :-)

abi, hope you enjoy your day "off" today...don't do anything i wouldn't do...

still no scale...will get one for tomorrow and start my weigh-ins from scratch - no penalty possibility until tuesday...i'm just hoping i'm not in the 220s!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning fellow Blitzers! Another gorgeous morning....

No gain or loss today - wasn't expecting anything.....

Going out to lunch today with a friend I don't see very often - sushi is on the menu. Yum!

Vicki, I know your determination and I know you can lose what you need to lose so you can get into your dress.

LC I'm so happy to see you posting again! You were missed.

ff-lucky you with a 4-day weekend. Do you get Columbus Day off?

Everyone hang in and do the best you can - that's all we can ask of ourselves.
Closed Thread