Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Ya I think it was either something random or maybe the wrong thread. Due to a few key events in my day well actually week I am in a horrible mood. But I will still try to enjoy my weekend. I probably will not have access to a computer until monday so if I don't see you all have a good weekend! And I just want to say thanks again for your support!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
don't go wild with Water, Tony, within 24 hrs of weigh-in

unless u are sure u can empty it all. Assuming u were doing everything right, then it is just water weight. I learned that yesterday. It is ALWAYS a good idea to "pay a visit" before getting on the scale. You WILL thank yourself. Also, wear the same clothes at every weigh-in for consistency. In other words, if u weighed in wearing a pair of chinos, and returned 7 days later wearing denims, then all things being equal, u will show a gain. My clothes and shoes weigh exactly the same on work days when I DO get weighed once a month. Getting it off (tee hee)is difficult enough w/o throwing a monkey wrench into the procedure. I won't even discuss sodium now. I have to put my clothes in the dryer. Wish my feet good luck for this weekend. I am going to put them through HELL. FF
Old 11-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I also think Medevilgirl posted in the wrong thread but it was a good halloween post. lol mushrooms steeping in some concoction. eery

Artemis, so sorry you have had some upsetting things going on this week and being without your laptop for the weekend is the pits! Hope eveything works smoothly next week for you.

Tony, sausage and vegetables cooking in the crockpot all day sounds so good. I be they smell good too! Glad you didn't get any restrictions yesterday!

FF, hoping you get a good walk in this weekend and have fun in Atlantic City. Tell us all about it when you get back home.

We haven't discussed Thanksgiving yet but usually we have it at Mom's because it is easier on her and me. She is much more comfortable there. The last few years I have cooked the turkey and stuffing because DH insists on butterball and the rest of the family doesn't care what brand and they don't want to pay they much. I do the gravy and mashed potatoes too and a pumpkin pie. I will let you know FF if we follow the same plan this year. Are you going to your earth brothers this year?

Had chicken salad yesterday, ground beef, a slice of cheddar cheese, and two slices of quiche.

Have a fun Saturday everyone!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abi, it not only smelled good, it tasted so good with everything soaking in the flavor of everything else!...

i think it is nice that you have TG at your mom's...seems like that is the way it is supposed to be...has your hubby ever tasted a fresh grain-fed farm turkey with no antibiotics?...your relatives would have a fit though as they cost either 1.99 or 2.99 lb....lol...

nice menu, by the way ;-)

ff, have fun walking today, bro...it'll be worth it...

artemis, hope you have a better week...
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #335

i put my feet to the test this morning.

it was a no go. i do not want to take the chance of lousing up tomorrow's walk. Portion control cannot ALWAYS be faithlyfully followed.Last night I really chowed down on everything that was not nailed down(zero to lc of course) Sometimes it IS okay, if it will prevent a high carb orgy-which it did. I paid a visit to THE BAKERY by bus this a.m. I got my lc bread, 1 portion of cheesecake for
Monday, and a lc muffin to take to A.C. tomorrow. Probably the most well travelled muffin in Earth History. I will have Dunkin's coffee and the muffin -great combo. I WILL be upping the caffeine tomorrow to enable me to get in at least a 3 hr walk at a fairly brisk pace. i took out a shell steak to defrost, but decided to postpone it till Mon or Tues. Instead, I am getting baby back ribs(no bbq sauce-i use WF with a packet of chinese mustard mixed together) from THE DINER. The whole deal incl soup, appetizer, the entree, and dessert. Of course, I have my own soup, so I will ask for a veg instead. For the appetizer-herring in cream sauce with salad. (saving that for another time), Of course, instead of the potato, I will get a veg. For dessert, the sugar free jello. There will be enough for 2 or 3 times, as i am VLC. ARTEMIS, I hope u are in a better frame of mind. I try to keep myself as content as possible. I cannot afford high stress levels. Now back to GOETTERDAEMMERUNG!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

ff, it is amazing that you can walk for three hours at a brisk pace...good job avoiding a carb-orgy last night...you've been doing this long enough to know what you need to get you through the night...

i was down .2 to 216.4 this morning...i will take it!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Well checking in to say I've had a really good week--I've hit a new low on the scale and have lost about 12lbs of my 'regained" weight at this point now. I have 16 to be in new territory from my losses next year but it doesn't seem so overwhelming at this point.

What seems to be working for me this week is to delay eating as long as possible and then have one good very low carb meal. This has really broken the stall I was in (dropped like 3lbs in 3 days) doing this. I guess it would be like interminttent fasting idea. I also saw a natruapath doctor this week--she is going to do a full scale blood work panel to see if I am off anywhere with thyriod or hormones, and also suggest supplements, so I feel like I have some guidance there.

Just a note on the person who posted about the mushroom, tea, sugar ,etc.... I have the same book "Nourishing Traditions" and they were referring to a drink called Kombucha which is a fermented tea drink full of proibotics, the sugar is eaten up by the bacteria in the drink (called the mushroom but it not really a fungus) so it is fairly low carb--it is supposed to be really good for you and I've had it and it is quite delicious. Anyways, I'm sure they just posted in the wrong spot!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #338

good for u losers of the week.

it would be so nice to make a major dent on 12/1/11. but, equally, i know how tough my metabolism works to circumvent my efforts. So, i take time to appreciate that i have not put back the weight,,,nor will i. no creamed herring left, so i will forego the COMPLETE dinner, and have the regular dinner. the other appetizers were too carby. i will survive. It should be here within the hour. I have consumed 10 gr today already, so I allowing myself 5 more (salad or veggie...decisions, decisions, decisions). Talk to y'all on Monday. FF
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

jenny, i'm so happy to hear things are going well...sounds like a healthy approach...hope you will share some of what you learn from the natural path person :-)

ff, have a great day in AC...

okay, abi, it's your turn to call me nuts!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

You're nuts Tony! I could have beat you again but couldn't get on computer at home and then couldn't get my e-mail at Mom's and have been fooling with that. Finally got on to find out family in Joplin area felt the Oklahoma earthquake that hit early this morn. The little one was at a friend's house and SIL had to got get her. Hope she will be able to get over the fright. Glad you were down .2.

Jenny, I have heard of Kombucha. Think my niece buys it ready made for the store. Wonderful about the 12 pound drop. If IF works for you kutgw!

FF, your food sounds good and lots of variety but don't ask me to repeat what you were going to have but then ended up having. lol

Almost time to get Mom ready to leave the house. I like to get places early but getting to Church at 7:15 for and 8:00 Mass is early even for me!

We will be having the trick or treaters at our house tonight. Have a great day all and will check in later if I get a free minute!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

abi, sounds like a bunch of excuses to me...haha!...i have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat you on here...

i think i had too much salt yesterday as i was up a lb. this morning...better start flushing!

jenny, i am amazed that you lost 12 lbs!...i do miss your menus...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Tony,
I've lost twelve lbs since the start of Sept.--so it hasn't been that fast really and it was all weight I had regained from my losses last year--but I'm very happy that I'm going in the right direction. I really need to figure out how to maintain my losses, it seems that I'm either gaining weight or losing it.

I really applaud you guys that haven't reagained losses--do not take it for granted, even if you're not where you want to be. I find nothing more discouraging that relosing the same lbs over again. I will be so happy to get these next 16lbs off!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #343

I'm baaaaaaccckk!!!

Great day. I ate less than the last time. My sole indulgence for the day was 2 small coffees, and a diet coke. My total walking time was 1 hr 55 minutes. I did not eat the muffin. It did its job. It was a psychological crutch in the event the dessert table at the buffet and all the fast food joints on the boardwalk started to call my name. Inside, I was walking about looking for the right machine. That was about 15 minutes. Next time, I am looking for somewhere else to eat. On Atlantic Ave, there are 2 steakhouses, not cheap. I will have to pull in the reins now, if I want to eat there then. Be back later. I have not eaten for over 8 hours. I must redress the balance immediately. FF
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

No trick or treaters showed up last night so I will get the candy out of the house so I won't have to stare at it. I really am not that tempted by it anymore. Baked goods are more of my temptations now.

FF, what a great day for you. Lots of walking and no overwhelming temptations! Smart to bring the muffin along as insurance! Save up for that steak - it will be so worth it!

Jenny, it is discouraging to keep having to take off the same weight over and over. If I didn't weigh daily I would definately be having to take off alot more than the 5lbs I have had to take off several times in the last few months. I think you are on a good track now and it won't happen again for you. Only down, down, down from now on!

Artemis, hope you have your laptop back now or by tomorrow the latest. How was your weekend?

Marilee, is everything going ok with you?

Vicki, are you starting to feel better with your new food choices?

Tony, we tried out the little diner in Hinsdale now that the country club is closed for the winter. It was very busy but there were several tables empty at the time we got there. The food was good and reasonable and they were generous with the coffee. I am sure we will go there again. The drive is a little far (7 miles from Brattleboro) but if the weather is good I don't think the others will mind. Of course it was nothing to me. I make that drive 4 times a day! lol

We are definately having Thanksgiving at Mom's so that is settled. Two more things I always make are whipped butternut squash and whipped turnip. I get DH to peel and cut up the squash as it is a struggle to do. What is everyone else going to do and what will you be fixing?

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick note since I am using someone else's computer. I got two good runs in this weekend and I am happy to report that I am a graduate of the C25K program! That's right, I finished the 9 weeks YAY! Now I know running will be a permanent part of my exercise routine. I am still running very slowly but I know I will get better with time. I remember some advice I was given by this 75 year old marathon runner once. She said, "I don't run to win, I run to finish". And I try to remember that when I feel like I am not making enough progress. I stayed the same this week weight wise but I am starting to see some major changes in my body, especially my hip/thigh area and my stomach. I'm going to go back to writing everything down this week because by keeping up with it in my head, I may be eating more than I realize. Well hope y'all have a good day!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hi everyone - my name is Marilee and I'd like to join the group

Thanks so much for asking about me. I didn't have much to say and was disappointed in myself so here we go again!!!!

Jen, we seem to be in the same boat, but we can do this!

Had my breakfast - NutriSystem entre, a slice of whole grain bread, a low fat yogurt.

I'm ready to face the day.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

LOL wow, Marilee, I just had a flash back to OA. Hope the rest of your day is going well.

A little scientific interest happening tomorrow. Asteroid YU55 will pass by the earth closer than the moon around 6:28 EST. It is about a quarter mile wide. They say no danger for at least 100 years.

San Diego News | Details and How to See Asteroid YU55 on Earth Fly-By
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, what was the flash back to OA? I haven't been to a meeting yet...still not sure if 12 steps is for me

Oh, I get it, "Hi my name is Marilee"..... HA!!!!!

I figure I'd reintroduce myself since I've been MIA for so long.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

hi marilee, it's very nice to meet you! :-)

abi, thanks for the science heads-up...happy to hear you've found a diner...what time on sundays do you wind up there?...

btw, abi and jenny, i'd like to nominate myself as the president of the "losing the same weight over and over again club"...

artemis, a huge congrats on your physical achievement - it really is impressive in so many ways...you've been such an inspirational addition to this group this year...thank you!

ff, great job on almost 2 hours of walking and for the restraint on the muffin...you da man!...that steakhouse sounds great...

weighed in at 217 today, so i have to flush to get down to 216.6 by tomorrow...so far today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: small apple and 6 almonds
d: salad and broiled steak tips

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #350

i did 3 hours worth today.

not all at once to be sure. btw...here is how the buffet went down. PLATE #1: a small salad with 2 oz turkey strips (the real deal, right off the bird, not the processed crap)upon which I put about 2 T mayonaissy dressing(the more fat, the less carbs). Also 1/2 oz unsalted pecans, which i brought from home. PLATE #2: 3 oz burger with a thin slice of melted cheese on top. To that I had the breakfast food lady put a sunny-side egg on top,& one frank(bunless of course). With that I had SOME veggies on the same plate. PLATE #3: a 3 oz chicken breast with the skin. Very well done, the way I do it at home. I consumed the bones as well. With that i had a 2 oz sausage, and some more salad w/o the turkey, with 2 T of another mayonaissy dressing. To wash it all down, 2 cups decaf (i was saving the real deal for later), and ice water to swallow the vitamins and metformin. I certainly got my latinum's worth. I recommend the buffet for any low carber. Plenty of choices for Inductioners all the way through Maintenancers. Oh, the $103.00 I won is mostly spend already. BUT, I did not dip into my own money. As good as the buffet is, I want to try some other place next time, such as the aforementioned steakhouses(depending on the price). All in all, a good weekend. More than happy to go to work tomorrow. Tues & Wed are predicted to be rain free, so I will do a post work walk both days. FF
Old 11-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #351

I did o/a for a little more than a year.

any 12 step program is a really great choice. It just was not for me. Some of the testimonials I heard really freaked me out. Allthough we were all compulsive/obsessive about food, many were 12 steppers also for booze, drugs, wife beating, gambling etc.. I did not meet any sex addicts, though. Pity, I think I could have cured those(not with brine either). FF
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

i've always loved working with sex addicts - that's just the kind of humanitarian i am ;-)

did you walk for 3 hours today, ff?????????????????...wow!!!...thanks for recapping the buffet - i ate all that stuff vicariously through you...not as good as being there, though!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Happy to report that I got my computer back, yay! It took me 2 hrs to get home this evening because of the CMA's this week. So I did not get a run in before it got dark. In fact, with the time change it is getting dark early so I will have to either get up early and do my runs in the morning before work, or take clothes and run in the park near the Med Center or at the employee gym on the treadmill. But I will avoid the treadmill for as long as possible because it bores me and I don't know if I'll stay motivated.

Good job on the walking FF! You and Tony crack me up!

Marilee, so good to see you back! There's no telling how many times I've lost the same pounds. I think we all have, which is why we are here
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis, boy two hours to get home from work is rough. How long does it usually take you? Getting the run in early in the day or in the park right after work sounds good. Will it still be light in the park at that time? We want you to be safe. Congratulations on graduating from the C25K program.

Tony, we got to "Raynette's Diner" by 9:30. Mass is over at 9 and then there is the customery chatting with people and a 15min. drive. Should we call you "Mr. President" now that you are head of our losing the same weight over and over again club?

FF, what a delicious weekend. Like Tony, I eat vicariously through you. I could go for a buffet right now!

Marilee, yes, that was a funny lead in on your post. Hope yesterday went well for you.

I am running late this morn so will check in later on Mom's computer. Hey Vicki, Jenny and LCShadows! Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

abi, i nominated myself, but i don't think anyone's voted for me yet! :-) raynette's!...what a perfect name for a diner...i would order either a veggie omelet or two eggs over easy with bacon...confession: i've been known to eat a half slice of whole wheat toast and pick at the home fries if they put them on my plate...

artemis, where the heck do you live?...my daughter lives on elmington off west end - nice apt. complex and she walks to work some days...

have been fighting hunger the last few days...the lack of electricity and the deprivation it caused has messed me up a bit but i'm hanging tough - with maximum effort...last night i went to bed at 8;30 rather than hit the fridge...

i need a good weigh-in today to stay at 216.6...boiled some eggs last night and will see if 2 egg whites will satisfy me for breakfast...
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
My new food choices? What were they?

Several years ago, after a breakup, I read about Vision Boards. I placed pictures and words cut from magazines into a collage on a poster board representing the qualities I wanted in a man such as, positive mental health, liked to travel, financially secure, liked cats etc. Well, I am now engaged to the man that the vision board led me to. He doesn't have all of the qualities on the board, but pretty darn close. So, if it worked for my relationship, it could work for my weight and health.

This Friday a close friend of mine is having a "one" party. She turned 61 and on 11-11-11 at 1:00 p.m. we can go to her house for "girl" time. She is going to have poster boards, magazines etc. for anyone who wants to make a vision board, she will be making soup for supper etc. Maybe making a new vision board will help.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #357

that is why, Tony, when i am at the diner....

or calling for delivery, before i give my order, i tell them: NO JUICE, NO TOAST, NO TATERS. when it comes to starch: ONCE ON THE PLATE, IT IS TOO LATE!!! FF
Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down 1.2 pounds. Yea!

Oprah had a show in which they discussed vision boards. I was tempted to start one, but haven't. I just might do it.

On plan again today - feel so good when I'm in control.

TTYL
Old 11-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #359

yes indeed Gibby...it certainly does.

i feel great, also, the next morning when i have fought temptation the night before, and i won the battle. when i have lost the battle, it takes me just a wee bit of time to get over the dissappointment, and then i am all right. Fortunately, the latter does not happen often. I APOLOGIZE. I did NOT do 3 hrs. It was 2 hours. My mind is going...the gods only know where. It was 1 hr plus 40 minutes plus 20 minutes going up the aisles at Shoprite. Again, sorry for the misinformation. I AM doing an hour tonight, & an hour tomorrow night. FF
Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-I was wondering if you would mind sharing how much you have lost since you started. You don't posts your stats and I know you've lost a lot and it would sure be an encouragement.

If you are comfortable sharing, it's ok. I just thought I'd ask......
Closed Thread