Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Just got back from kickboxing. I was annoyed! We don't always have the same teacher because it's a free class so whoever's available teaches it. The guy tonight was more of a cheerleader and less of a boxer...dude seriously did the "jazz hands" in the middle of punching!! Well I still burned some calories so all was not lost.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Artemis, that is so funny "dude seriously did the "jazz hands". Glad you still got a good workout in!

My niece got power back yesterday. Haven't heard from nephew in MA yet. Our driveway has two mud tracks down it now instead of skating rinks. Makes it much less hazardous to get the mail!

FF has got me eating cheeseburgers this week and they are very satisfying! I like them very thin and not overcooked. A little mayo and onion on top. Got to get back to the water drinking again.

Will check back later. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am so touched, Abi, that i have some influence here.

I like to think of myself as a true carnivore. So long as I am never a carni-BORE. FF
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #304

You almost make me envious, Tony re:power outage,.

It reminds me of our weekend outings in the Boy Scouts. If we did not make a fire by rubbing sticks together, we went w/o dinner. My (earth)mom gave me a pat-down before we left to make sure I had no contraband Milky Ways or M&Ms. FF
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ha ha ha, ff...i'd pay to see the look on your face when your mom confiscated your candy!...

artemis, i hope you know after that kickboxing story, we are all sufficiently afraid of you now...

abi, i LOVE cheeseburgers!...i like them thicker and not well done...sometimes i like to chop up onions and cheese and parsley and even bacon bits and mix them in with the ground beef before i cook them...yum...now i've made myself hungry...lol...happy to hear you aren't skating to the mailbox!

i still have no power at home - i'm starting to forget what it's like to live with modern conveniences...yesterday, everything from the fridge and freezer got thrown out - lot of $$$ down the tubes...picked up some pizza and wings from uno's last night...ate the toppings and a few wings - salty - and the fam ate the rest...we are employing a "no-leftover" strategy...

this lack of power = lack of eating too much...i just realized that today is wednesday, not tuesday and so my 216.8 yesterday insured no restriction til at least friday...abi probably knew i was messed up and was too nice to say anything :-) today the scale said 215.8, so i am hoping i can hold onto something below 216.8 for friday...

don't know why, but i'm not even that hungry this week...maybe stress and the fact i am extremely busy with other things...gonna ride this wave for as long as it will carry me...

hope everyone has a great day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 11-02-2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, I did realize that it was Tuesday but thought maybe you had said in advance you were going to wait a day and I had missed that post. Great for no restrictions and for lack of appetite. Stress always gives me one unfortunately. Sorry about having to throw food away. We had to do that several times after the hurricanes on the gulf. I think at least once we got some kind of reimbursement on our insurance but over all took a loss. Is your store a hardware store? I have heard they are clearing the shelves with much needed repair items etc.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i knew you must have caught my mistake...you are sooooo on top of things!...

i am in the process of selling my store, but yes it was a hardware store and lumber yard/old-fashioned general store...pretty big place - store was about 14,000 sf, but i have wanted to get out of the business for awhile as none of my kids were interested in taking over...i have other things i want to do, especially my songwriting, and the store gave me no time...luckily, we have been financially successful at the store - took market share from the big boxes, so i can leave on my terms...can't wait to put it behind me - hopefully only a couple more months!...
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #308

good for u tony...but

in your last store days, see to it that u do not injure your LUMBER spine. I am giving very serious consideration to retiring on the last business day of 2012. That would be Dec 28. If i have to come back on the 1st business day of 2013, i will most certainly crack and be sent to the old Troll's home. In spite of all the plans I have made for myself post retirement, they are still pipe dreams, and i do not even smoke. But, we all need dreams. If the European trip does not materialize, there will be plenty of things to do, and places to go closer to home. I will, I expect be wielding considerably less lbs by then. That alone will make retirement more enjoyable. But, waking up early, and realizing that i do not have to make a mad scramble to get to work will be worth many bars of latinum. FF
Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #309

i forgot to mention...

as a result of Oct 2011 scale performance, i am temporarily going back to vlc for 2 weeks. Fortunately, the chicken soup is nary 1 gr per pint. without ALL the extra salad and veggie, and if i keep my critter portions down, and get in some exercise, I should make some headway. If the scale reading on 12/1/11 is like the past 2 months, then I will know for sure it is the thyroid. so far today, i have consumed only 5 grams. Tonight will be SOME veggies, and a (sigh) small order of ribs (no bbq sauce) After work, i am making a bee-line to get my bus ticket for ATLANTIC CITY for Sunday 11/6/11. FF
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Man, I can't imagine being without power for this long. You guys sure are hanging in there. But, then again, what else can you do with the unmanageable?

We have had rain all day of which we desperately need, but it is cold enough we have seen some flurries. Snow tonight maybe.

I exercised to Exercise TV today and have a decent supper planned: turkey burgers, salad, faux mashed potatoes.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, that sounds like a great supper...

well, at about 5 p.m. the power came back on...we went out to dinner again as i was not in the mood to go to the market to replace everything we have thrown out...i am really proud of ME...lol...i once again avoided many things on the menu that i would have rather had and ordered the baked haddock...it was good, but my boys had shaved prime rib calzones in a homemade flaky crust that looked unbelievably good!...

i must be finding my dieting mojo...actually, i am so sick of losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. this last year, i don't have a choice...the time is now!

ff, i'm hoping you hit a million dollar jackpot in AC and are able to retire immediately...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, did you get snow last night? I'm sure you aren't ready for winter to begin just yet. My mind is playing tricks on me. With all our snow melting fast, green grass showing and leaves still on many of the trees I keep thinking we are coming in to spring. Ha Ha
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Oops, hit the wrong button, was not ready to post yet.

Tony, I am so happy you have your power back on! It stops being fun pretty quick. Excellent choice on your dinner out. Those high carb foods others eat still look good to me too. Good for you for staying strong. I am tired of losing and gaining the same poundage too. Am having trouble getting the motivation going. Well I get it going but have a hard time maintaining it. Would love to get 3 or 4 off before thanksgiving.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

No snow for us, but a fair amount of rain and a lot more leaves on the ground. I bet I know what I will be doing this weekend!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #315

very pleased with my eating yesterday.

i had some chinese, but something i have not eaten for over 20 years. it is called WOR SHU OPP. crisp duck breast (not breaded)and chinese vegetables. Of course, I gave her the magic mantra: NO CORNSTARCH, NO FLOUR, NO SUGAR. It was a smaller portion than it was in the past, and a few dollars more. I still divided it into 2 meals. I bought a large sliced roast pork, which has 12 pieces, each between 1/8" & 1/4" in thickness. I had 3 for part one, & 2 for part 2. So, I have seven pieces left. That is a far cry from when i had 2 large orders plus a quart container of house special soup in one sitting. I got 2 fortune cookies, and a small packet of 2 almond cookies. I took them to work, and I shall be auctioning them off. FF
Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, that is such a HUGE improvement in eating habits...you deserve a big pat on the back, bro...

i was thinking this morning how much our efforts are really tied to delayed gratification...last night i wanted to eat more but KNEW i would feel better in the morning if i had abstained and isn't that SOOO true...we feel so much better the morning after we have showed restraint...psychologically and physically!...

you guys really help me do that!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #317

oh yes, Tony.

i feel so much better in the morning, even when i went to bed hungry. I think the pride of accomplishment. overwhelms the hunger I have a nice buffet at the Tropicana to look forward to on Sunday. I do not eat right before a big bus trip. So, i should be plenty hungry when i get there. It will be a joy to do the boardwalk walk this time. Between the coffee (full strength), and the cool weather, i believe i will be up to walking at a brisker pace. Back to work!!! FF
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you've come a long way this year - exercise-wise...and i'm sure built a lot more muscle even if it isn't showing yet...so, your loss of fat is even better than the scale is depicting, for sure...

the scale said 215.6 this morning, down .2 from yesterday - i'll take it...now the trick will be to stay under 216.8 for tomorrow morning and avoid a penalty...i am very happy with the short leash and structure "operation 1derland" is providing...and i am committed to never seeing these numbers on the scale again!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

btw, abi, are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?...now you are posting at 3 a.m.???...saturday we turn the clocks back...i don't want to even think about what time you'll be waking after that...you are steadily evolving into a nocturnal being :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #320

it is a pity i can't have you all back on Ferenghinar.

But, if i could, u would all be at fighting weight in a relatively short time. 30 days in my family's labor camp would do it. I had a great lunch-Jerk chicken very well done with just the right amount of tang, with a garnish of saute veggies, which the server was gracious enough to take from the tilapia tureen. I took less than 1/2 cup of tuna salad with a smidgeon of onion, green pepper and a thin slice of tomato. that will be tomorrow's breakfast, sitting happily between 2 slices of lc toast. Tonight, i will pick something up from the diner to go.(do i hear bacon cheeseburger?) I hate eating alone in a public place. FF
Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

baking some chicken and pork chops... :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #322

bon appetit, Tony!!!

i just got home from the WW meeting and the diner. How fortuitous that the WW topic was SCALE SURPRISES. And was I surprised last week!!! But, after doing a critical self analysis, I realized, several days later, that I did nothing wrong...except that I was not tracking. Now I am. I bought 2 bacon cheddar burgers, an order of cooked escarole, and a diet jello. But, I am having the coffee first. After Seinfeld is over at 8PM, I will make 1 sunny-side egg to put over 1 burger. The other one is for tomorrow. (please let it be for tomorrow!!! FF
Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Bama got me up at 2:30 this morning Tony, so I think you are right about me becoming a nocturnal being. At least I had the sense to hit the hay at 7 last night even though I considered watching one more episode of Burn Notice.

Had chicken salad, a hamburger, a slice of cheddar cheese and two slices of quiche yesterday. Did not go overboard for a change. Hoping for another restrained day today.

FF, did you make it through the evening without eating the second burger?

Tony, hope the sale of your store goes well and you can spend more time writing beautiful music!

Marillee, how are things going for you?

Artemis, are you feeling pretty good this week and getting some sleep at night?

Vicki, have you ever looked at anything on the Doug Kaufman site called Know the Cause. He has some interesting stuff.

Jenny, did you end up doing JUDD? I read their posts sometimes and it seems to work pretty well.

Hope you have a great Friday everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #324

i most certainly did, Abi.

i am quite pleased with myself. May the Gods get me through this day w/o incident, then at 4:30pm edt, the fun begins-with a trip to Shoprite to get me some FAYGO chocolate soda. Then the laundry, after which I will make the 2nd sunny-side egg for the second burger. I still have 7 slices of roast pork chinese. I will have that on Sat with some sauted veggies. I want to start hearing about Thanksgiving plans from everyone. I know almost exactly minute my minute, what I will be doing on TG. I am off the day before, so i will get all my cooking done then. So, on TG I can relax a bit. FF
Old 11-04-2011, 05:03 AM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: medevilgirl
HI

I have a recipe in the book Nourishing Traditions that I recently purchased. It does have black tea as well as sugar in it and you need to get the mushroom to put in it to do its thing. Look forward to hearing some of the other posters comments.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Long story but I am without my laptop. So, I'm having to use whatever computer I can find for the next few days so my posts will be scarce.
Glad y'all got your power back on! Everybody sounds like they are on the right track. I haven't weighed in a few days which is really bizarre for me, but I've had too many other things on my mind. And Abi, I have not been sleeping too well this week but thanks for asking! I need to go back to zig-zagging but this week has been so busy and messed up that I have just been keeping loose track of it in my head.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi medevilgirl, nice to meet you...tell us a little about yourself...hope you'll hang out with us...

abi, my kids love burn notice but i've never seen it...i'll have to check it out...happy to hear you had a good day yesterday...

ff, great restraint on that 2nd burger...you are rocking november, dude!

artemis, good to see you and hope you get your laptop up and running soon...are you back in your exercise routine?

the baked chicken and pork chops were good along with steamed broccoli in olive oil, garlic and sprinkled with grated parm cheese...not sure of today's menu yet...i'll be back a bit later with friday's scale results...

Last edited by tony8; 11-04-2011 at 07:06 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #328

Tony, i am invoking the support of the Gods

that u have a most encouraging reading on today's FAT SCAN. Tomorrow a.m. I am taking a long walk(and as much as my feet will tolerate on the way back) to THE BAKERY to get a lc bread. Of course I will have 1 portion of something lc. i will also take 1 portion of something to take to AC, lest the dessert table whispers sweet everythings into my ear. FF
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medevilgirl View Post
I have a recipe in the book Nourishing Traditions that I recently purchased. It does have black tea as well as sugar in it and you need to get the mushroom to put in it to do its thing. Look forward to hearing some of the other posters comments.
Not sure why you have sugar in it and what kind of mushroom? I think this is a scam. Let me know if I am wrong.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, i have no idea what the post meant about sugar and mushrooms, but i was hoping i was just dumb!... :-)

ff, thanks for the prayer - the scale went up to 216.6 today, but still under the 216.8, so no restriction until at least tuesday...didn't understand the increase over yesterday, but i'm thinking that i was somewhat dehydrated during the power outage and restored some of that fluid...i was feeling kind of dull yesterday before i really started drinking a lot of water, so i am betting the gain was necessary fluid...

btw, i'm surprised you are not going to your earth brother's house this year for TG...tell us what you are making!

all i've had all day today has been a few nuts...BUT i threw some pastene kitchen ready tomatoes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, cooked and sliced sausage and cut up red peppers in the crock pot to slow cook today...yum...i know it will be delicious!...

hope y'all are having a great day!
Closed Thread