Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   ****now can YOU really commit **** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/735892-now-can-you-really-commit.html)

clarke 09-16-2011 10:21 AM

****now can YOU really commit ****
 
New start .... we all have a new start, lets see how it goes. Out with the bad and in with the good!!

schaferk 09-16-2011 10:38 AM

Hi I saved it in my favorites so hopefully that works. Thanks Diane!

clarke 09-19-2011 04:49 AM

Alright, Monday morning.... Trying the slimfast type shake things for breakfast and maybe lunch. It is DDs birthday today and she wants pizza so, dinner will be calorie laden. I need to drop several pounds this week. I have a bridal shower in DC on Saturday, ugg, and the dress situation isn't good. :cry: Hopefully 4 or 5 quick pounds :hyst: will help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

CARBBABY 09-19-2011 06:03 AM

Good morning,

Happy birthday to your Daughter Diane :birthday:

Good luck on the slimfast thing Diane. Im going to try not eating during the day and east sensibly in the evening. DH wants me to stay away from low carb, and I just want to eat what i want but smarter choices and smaller portions. We will see how that goes. I also forgot to weigh this morning but will tomorrow.

schaferk 09-19-2011 07:12 AM

Good luck to both of you! I didn't get started very good yet as usual :sad: But from this point on.....................sticking to it!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of this being fat!!! Still at 155 today. That is my all time high in quite awhile.:doh: I bowl today at noon on an "old retired peoples' league".

Good luck to all of us.

clarke 09-19-2011 10:27 AM

I am going to smack my DH. Yesterday, he goes to the store for ice cream. I say I don't want anything for dessert. He asks if I want chocolate sauce. Once again, I say, I dont' want anything. He brings home chocolate sauce and the flavor ice cream I like. ( He doesn't use chocolate sauce) :(

Today, he runs to the store. I come home at lunch and he says, look what I got for you -- It is an eclair. I kind of shook my head and said geesh, I am trying to stop eating junk. I felt bad because he tried to do something nice, but come on..... I swear he likes me chubby. I do think he got the message though, I doubt he will do anything nice for me now -- didn't mean to be mean to him, just frustrated.

CARBBABY 09-19-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke (Post 15017118)
I am going to smack my DH. Yesterday, he goes to the store for ice cream. I say I don't want anything for dessert. He asks if I want chocolate sauce. Once again, I say, I dont' want anything. He brings home chocolate sauce and the flavor ice cream I like. ( He doesn't use chocolate sauce) :(

Today, he runs to the store. I come home at lunch and he says, look what I got for you -- It is an eclair. I kind of shook my head and said geesh, I am trying to stop eating junk. I felt bad because he tried to do something nice, but come on..... I swear he likes me chubby. I do think he got the message though, I doubt he will do anything nice for me now -- didn't mean to be mean to him, just frustrated.

:yummy:...Aww your poor DH. You are mean Diane. (but did you eat the eclair? That is the question):yummy:

clarke 09-19-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARBBABY (Post 15017197)
:yummy:...Aww your poor DH. You are mean Diane. (but did you eat the eclair? That is the question):yummy:

Well, of course! That would have made him feel even worse. :hyst: Tomorrowis another day.

CARBBABY 09-20-2011 04:28 AM

Good morning,

Tell Your DH to quit being so thoughtful.:D

Well yesterday was a plan success. Im doing fast 5. There used to be a thread on it but I cant find it or they done away with it. :dunno: I ended up eating a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Delicious and very filling.

schaferk 09-20-2011 05:35 AM

Your hubby is a sweatheart Diane!!! Mine doesn't want me to diet because he likes me to be his sport eating buddy. :eek:He really is kind of a pig when it comes to eating and he eats lots all the time. He weighs less than me and is taller. It's just not fair. :mad: He brought home malts the other night too. He runs sometimes, and I try to keep up but usually end up walking.

Angie what is fast 5, it sounds familiar, but i dont remember. I need some kind of plan. Last night at Granite City it was all free, brats, slaw, chips, beans, for their tapping party of October fest beer. (Which was not free but VERY good!) No wonder I'm fat.....:hiya::lol::lol: No mystery there:p

Today just a little fruit before we go to the zoo to see the baby giraffe. Then a salad for dinner and tomorrow maybe start some kind of meat/egg or something, I'm not sure what plan is best for me. Maybe fast 5??????? Maybe I should just fast. :dunno:

CARBBABY 09-20-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaferk (Post 15019200)
Your hubby is a sweatheart Diane!!! Mine doesn't want me to diet because he likes me to be his sport eating buddy. :eek:He really is kind of a pig when it comes to eating and he eats lots all the time. He weighs less than me and is taller. It's just not fair. :mad: He brought home malts the other night too. He runs sometimes, and I try to keep up but usually end up walking.

Angie what is fast 5, it sounds familiar, but i dont remember. I need some kind of plan. Last night at Granite City it was all free, brats, slaw, chips, beans, for their tapping party of October fest beer. (Which was not free but VERY good!) No wonder I'm fat.....:hiya::lol::lol: No mystery there:p

Today just a little fruit before we go to the zoo to see the baby giraffe. Then a salad for dinner and tomorrow maybe start some kind of meat/egg or something, I'm not sure what plan is best for me. Maybe fast 5??????? Maybe I should just fast. :dunno:

From what I remember Kris, You fast all day then have a five hour window to eat what you want in moderation. Say Lunch at 1 p.m. and dinner at 6 and that is it. No more eating until lunch the next day! I will have to go to another forum and see if they have a thread on it since the ones that were here are gone.

CARBBABY 09-20-2011 05:51 AM

Kris, here is a linkFast-5 Diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CARBBABY 09-20-2011 05:57 AM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...ng-2011-a.html

clarke 09-20-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARBBABY (Post 15019238)
From what I remember Kris, You fast all day then have a five hour window to eat what you want in moderation. Say Lunch at 1 p.m. and dinner at 6 and that is it. No more eating until lunch the next day! I will have to go to another forum and see if they have a thread on it since the ones that were here are gone.

Sounds interesting... I could do that ( maybe ?) I don't have my lunch until 1pm, eat around 1:15 and home at 5. Hmmm, I may have to think this one over.

Doggygirl 09-20-2011 05:26 PM

I have been researching various Intermittent fasting strategies and it's very interesting to me. I read the Fast 5 e-book yesterday, and am giving it a try. I also like the JUDDD concepts, and great group here at LCF.

Anyway - the Fast 5 e-book is FREE. Just register at the fast 5 web site and then you can download it.

Happy hunting!

DG

CARBBABY 09-21-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggygirl (Post 15021404)
I have been researching various Intermittent fasting strategies and it's very interesting to me. I read the Fast 5 e-book yesterday, and am giving it a try. I also like the JUDDD concepts, and great group here at LCF.

Anyway - the Fast 5 e-book is FREE. Just register at the fast 5 web site and then you can download it.

Happy hunting!

DG

Ohhh thank you DG!

schaferk 09-21-2011 05:48 AM

yes thanks Doggy Girl! Im going to down load it right now. I think it's something I could do, although will be harder now that Im retired as DH always wants to eat breakfast.......:)

clarke 09-26-2011 04:16 AM

Good Monday Morning,

So, Kris, how is retirement?

I am at 167 :cry: . Today I am trying the 2 shakes a day. I told DH do NOT suggest breakfast during the week. I guess he didn't learn from last week when I said no dessert. DD was coming up for dinner and DH asked about dessert in the morning when we were out. I said no. I burnt the sauce for the mac n cheese, so he runs out for more cheese and milk and comes back with dessert. UGGGGG.

CARBBABY 09-26-2011 06:16 AM

Good morning,

Good luck with your eating plan Diane. I am restating fast 5 today. It was hard for me to stay focused over the weekend, and DH didnt even bring home dessert.:)
Monday already? Darn that weekend went fast. The weather is changing, cooler mornings and great sleeping weather.

schaferk 09-26-2011 06:56 AM

Good Mornign ladies, To answer your question - retirement is great. No stress, I sleep at night, love sleeping in till 6:30 when the coffee makes itself! But it has taken a toll on other things - its so fun running around eating with people and doing things that I've gained 15/20 pounds and keep going up. I bought new clothes in July that lack 2 inches of coming together to zip. This life is great, but it seems I dont care how I look or how much I gain......I need to find some reason to focus on something better. I totallly love all the going out, but cant beleive I seem to put it ABOVE losing the fat now! I never never used to be like that. One difference -I often ate nothing all day at work and now DH is home wanting to eat 2 more times a day (and it is fun going out w/him) so I just keep doing it and I'm gaining every week. :cry: The last couple days I've done fast five and just not eaten dinner with DH. Have not lost anything yet. Still some retirement parties going on and this Wed is our 20th Anniversary so supposed to go to Osaka.

Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement and I'm trying again so please dont give up on me!!! And good luck to you both.

CARBBABY 09-26-2011 07:51 AM

On fast 5 it usually takes a week or two for your body to stabilize.
One a better note..I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself. Retirement sounds fun. :laugh:

schaferk 09-26-2011 08:11 AM

Thanks Angie!! I am planning to try fast 5 for a couple weeks for sure. If nothing else, I trhink it makes me eat less calories since I'm not eating at night with DH now. I might have to adjust the time for a day or two if we go out, but the website said that seemed to work OK. When I do eat, I'm trying to eat fairly good:) and not drinking so much.

clarke 09-26-2011 10:23 AM

Sounds like you are enjoying retirement! DH and I do go out to breakfast several times a week and it is fun. I was mentioning to him about wanting to get serious and not wanting to go out to breakfast, at least during the week, but it is hard because I enjoy it. Tough to reconcile enjoying something vs wanting to lose weight. I guess I just might need to have a higher goal and not a skinny goal.

I did emphasize no going out to breakfast until the weekend. I am on my second shake of the day, but will be going to DDs restaurant for 1/2 price burgers. Oh well, I did save some calories during the day for this.

schaferk 09-26-2011 12:50 PM

It is just very difficult every way you turn. Cant win. It is so hard to choose between fun and dieting which is certainly no fun! It is very hard to pick one!!! I am just about to make us some salads now. Hopefully we will just stay home for the night, its nasty outside.

schaferk 09-27-2011 06:55 AM

stayed home, had salads. Didn't eat much, but didn't lose any weight yet?? I was locked in at a solid all time high (not water weight gain either!!) Think that is why nothing is moving...:cry: Planning to stay on plan today. Its only really DAY 2 but seems like it has been a week:eek:

CARBBABY 09-27-2011 07:45 AM

Good morning,

I cant seem to get started.!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!

clarke 09-27-2011 10:16 AM

I was up a 1/2 yesterday even after a shake for breakfast and lunch. Dinner was a huge burger and fries though. We will see tomorrow -- shakes again for breakfast and lunch and a peanut butter sandwich for dinner ( gotta run out fast tonight).

schaferk 09-27-2011 04:40 PM

I'm holding my own! No dinner since Saturday, just eating small breakfast and a healthier lunch. (had celery instead of fries today)!!!

We can do this!!!

clarke 09-28-2011 04:41 AM

Made it two days on the shakes, then dinner. Down 1/2 from starting or 1 lb from yesterday. Going to try for day 3. I really wasn't hungry yesterday until the night. I woke up a couple of times and had a bit of a headache and felt hungry. We will see how to day goes. I really felt like I lost more ( water weight) as I was constantly going, and feel less bloated, so anxious to see.

Good job on the celery Kris.. Fries are my downfall.

How you doing Angie?

schaferk 09-28-2011 06:04 AM

Congrats! Half a pound is better than nothing! It looks like I may have lost a couple, but hard to tell. I was expecting a bigger loss since I've been skipping dinner since Sat night. I've been staying in the 5 hour eating window, but also eating a LOT LOT less than I had been all summer. :eek: Of course, its only been a couple days and I was REALLY up there! Had bone density test and mamo yesterday. Whew, what fun!!

Had coffee today for br and going to Osaka for dinner for 20th Wed Anniv so looking forward to that. DH brought home doz roses. Our trip to LA was our present tho:heart:

Lets all hang in there. Helps me to check in and fess up what I ate! (I may be embarrassed after tonight tho:o)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.