Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Blitz VI - July 1st to September 30th, 2011

hi everyone,
welcome to our 6th consecutive 3-month blitz!...these blitzes were established by our alien leader, flatferenghi, who has saved many of us from a high-carb, sugary demise...

we have a great group of friendly, sweet, non-judgmental folks who really love and support each other...our blitzes are open to everyone, and there are no rules or expectations - all are welcome and encouraged to post as often as possible...also, it is completely acceptable to join us at any point during the blitz - better late than never, right?... :-)

we all follow our own plans, with the commonality being that we all are trying to reduce our carb intake to varying degrees...again, no rules - just understanding and support!...

i'll let everyone introduce themselves here and hope a bunch of new folks will join us!...
tony

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey everyone! This is a great group and we hope you join us! Thanks Tony for getting Blitz VI started. Hope FF is having a good time in Joisy.

Going to remind myself to drink more water today and cut back on the salt.

Will talk to you all later!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Squigglywiggly
Stats: 220/193.2/160
WOE: low carbing/leptin reset
Start Date: June 2010
Okay I'm in. I have been low carbing for just over a year.

I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, yup the city that won't stop shaking LOL

I couldn't have had a more stressful year but I never fell off low carbing once. Not even earthquakes can make me quit! LOL

I tend to eat quite low carb, I did up it over the last two days but feel icky so tomorrow will drop again and see how I feel.

I look forward to getting to know people, and I love having fun!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RosieMay
Stats: 233/218/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/9/2014 Restart
Hi I would like to join. My name is Robin from Ohio. I was successful doing low carb back in 2004. My mother became ill and being her caregiver it was my job to fatten her up before chemo treatment. Well I am so good that I fattened us both up. I am not losing for any other reason than for health and to feel better for myself. I have a significant other who loves me just the way I am but supports my weight loss efforts. He will make me special meals of whatever I want. Not quite sure what a blitz is but I know that things are going pretty slow this time around and I need to pick up the pace. This forum has been with me since 2004 and I come here every day.

I look forward to getting to know others here better and becoming fitter and lighter. Good luck all!

Diabetic and Hypothyroid

Mini Goal #1: 199 by April 20
Mini Goal #2: 180 by July 4th
Mini Goal #3: 160 by October 31 (Married 1 year) Hate my wedding pictures. Will take new ones on Halloween 2014
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings newbies and oldbies alike.

i am the ET who created the BLITZ beg 4/1/10 when i re-inducted. Blitz means lightening, and it was a lightening bolt back into the world of the living; I needed it to happen lightening fast, because the way i was going and where i was at, on 4/1/10 on the way to work, was on the way to hell. Then, exactly like a flash of a lightening bolt, i suddenly got the courage to try again. As soon as I got to work, i created Blitz I. the rest is history. For me, it has not always been smooth sailing. But every journey worth taking is never smooth. So, welcome aboard newbies, and we will bring order to chaos in this, our collective,. RESISTANCE IS not recommended. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 07-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
I'm back for BlitzVI! Hi all!

Squiggly & Robin, welcome! I have similar stats as you so getting these last 35-40 lbs. off...well, we can make a big dent in this 3-month Blitz thread which is great source of support and encouragement from a nice bunch of people!! Let's get this done!

I live in New Hampshire, similar to Tony and Abi so we kvetch about the New England weather, sports and accents a lot. I am formerly from Cleveland area, but also lived in Tipp City OH from '94 - '98. I have contact with our New Zealand dealer (printing equipment industry) and I love the KIWIs. I am married to a Brit who is now a US citizen and have two dogs, no kids.

OK, so today's plan for me:
B: 2 eggs, 2 pcs bacon and yes, I am doing 1/2 C of grapefruit this week before each meal (Monday I was 204 and today I am 199)
L: salad from home with 4 oz roast chicken, oil & balsamic
D: Friday night is steak night, steak, sauteed mushrooms, salad & a veg
Maybe a glass of wine or two.

Exercise: I will go to our local Planet Fitness and do 45 min on the elliptical and then some arm exercises...

This is a long holiday weekend (our July 4th Independence Day) so I will try to be expecially vigilant on steering clear of the carbcrap!!!!!

Nancy
Old 07-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spectech
Stats: 178.5
Start Date: July 1 2011
Hi! Im Nancy and Im giving low carb another try! my body really responds to low carbing but I can rarely stick with it long enough. Stress and poor planning on my part plus a really rough year (divorce and dad passing) have just made me slip into some really bad habits. Had some bacon and eggs this morning so Im off to a good start. Time to get back on track!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Squiggly, Robin and spec

I have done LC for 3+ years now and got down to 170 until about a year ago when I began yo-yoing back up. I am now doing hHCG (see siggy) in hopes to get back down to 170.

Last summer before the yo-yo set in, I had tossed all of my "fat" clothes. So, as I went back up I didn't have anything to wear With regret, I bought "fat" clothes again and want to get back into my "skinny" clothes that I haven't worn for a year now.

I ended my 2nd week of hcg and now am on to week 3.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

I updated my avatar. But, doing so brought up a question that I hope either ff or Tony might know (why, because you are men LOL <<<< stereotyping EGAD). Anyways, if anyone can answer this ? that would be great. So, here it is:

What is the difference between a profile picture and an avatar???? Seems to me to be the same thing.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #10

i thought it is the same thing as well.

however, i am no technowhiz. FF
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Squiggly, Robin and Nancy...Welcome to our small but fun and dynamic group.

My name is Marilee. I live in hot Phoenix (112 today folks). I am following the hhcg program since January and have lost 40 pounds.

My goal for this blitz is to stay on progam and drop another 20+ pounds.

Happy Fourth of July - almost

I went to the freezer at work to pull out my chicken breast for lunch and someone has a whole bunch of ice cream treats in there to be shared with the office to celebrate the holiday.

Ice cream is my favorite thing in the whole world, BUT I am NOT going to have any today. I've been working too hard at this to stall again. The stupid scale didn't move this morning and I am bound and determined to get into the 280's. I HAVE TO! It's like a barrier in front of me that I am going to break through.

Need to get to work - TTYL

Marilee
Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Marilee - good girl on ignoring the ice cream. Pretend it ain't there. I know you've already told yourself, "It's just not worth it."

Hi Vicki - hear 'ya about the clothes! But you're doing well now too so keep on keeping on! It was fun to rediscover my "thinner" clothes in the back of the closet, wow, things I haven't worn this century, ha ha!!

Spectec - I'll be NancyM, ok? I work right next to another Nancy and we have to use our last name initials all the time. Glad to have you onboard. Today is YOUR DAY to get started!! Sorry you had to go through those tough life events, they do and will make you stronger, you'll see.

Hi FF & Tony, our "harem" leaders
Old 07-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #13

i shoulda known!!!

there was a "bbq" in the garden of our hospital. all food made to order. they had among other things, grilled chicken breasts and all beef footlong franks. well, when i got there (oh, btw i deliberately went w/o bkfst, because i wanted to be extra hungry) almost everything had bbq sauce on it already. so it was not made to order, after all. And there was no kraut for the franks. but that was just icing on the lc cake. They cut the footlongs in 1/2. That is like cutting (dreamfields)spagehetti in 1/2. That is an INFAMIA. On my world, the FFF, (Five Ferenghi Families)would come after u with everything they've got. You would not have so much as 1 slip of Latinum left. So, i went to the cafeteria and got some tuna salad and 2 hard boiled eggs, which are great by the way, but when u have psyched yourself up for something else, it aint the same. I hope everyone who celebrates the 4th enjoys a safe, happy, & ON PLAN 4th. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
there was a "bbq" in the garden of our hospital. all food made to order. they had among other things, grilled chicken breasts and all beef footlong franks. well, when i got there (oh, btw i deliberately went w/o bkfst, because i wanted to be extra hungry) almost everything had bbq sauce on it already. so it was not made to order, after all. And there was no kraut for the franks. but that was just icing on the lc cake. They cut the footlongs in 1/2. That is like cutting (dreamfields)spagehetti in 1/2. That is an INFAMIA. On my world, the FFF, (Five Ferenghi Families)would come after u with everything they've got. You would not have so much as 1 slip of Latinum left. So, i went to the cafeteria and got some tuna salad and 2 hard boiled eggs, which are great by the way, but when u have psyched yourself up for something else, it aint the same. I hope everyone who celebrates the 4th enjoys a safe, happy, & ON PLAN 4th. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Major bummer! You are right - why in the world would you cut a footlong hot dog in half?????????????? Those people have no soul.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chele
Stats: 253
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 07/01/11
Would love to join !

Hi everyone ! My name is Michele, my friends call me Chele (Shell) and I've just re-started low-carbing.

I would love to join your group -- I've been lurking and love this challenge group!

I've lowcarbed before and lost 40 pounds - thought I could do it on my own and well -- here I am; back at my start weight!

I'm a single mom of a 17 year old who will be starting his senior year in high school. We moved in with my mom a few years ago when she started going deaf.

This week I've started tapering off the carbs, which makes it easier than cold turkey, and I've been walking Scruffy the Amazing but Retired Agility Dog even more, which he loves! I'm now at the induction part of Atkins and going strong. I have a huge craving for salt right now (instead of chocolate).

I live in sunny, hot AND humid Alabama.

Last edited by Chele; 07-01-2011 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: To tell more about myself
Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
I'd love to join you!!! I am getting married on September 17, 2011 and trying to finally SHAPE UP! I did low-cal, exercise for that past 6 months without getting my desired results. Now, I have lost 8 pounds since May 20th - and three pounds since starting LC on Saturday! Also, I feel GREAT - not tired and lagging at work like usual... plenty of energy and NOT starving

I'm READYYY!!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Squiggly, Robin, and Nancy/Spec! Glad to have you join us!

Squiggly, I think your profile picture of the little eggs all upset about the broken egg is so cute. So sorry about all the earthquakes in Christchurch. Hope you don't have any more!

Robin, it is so great that your significant other is happy to cook whatever you want. Sounds like a very special person!

Spec, know you will get in the groove here and start to shop and plan your meals in advance. Then when the stressful times come you will be in the habit of eating right and your day will be all preplanned. Sounds like you have had a very rough year ((hugs))

FF, I never knew that the name "blitz" came from you having a flash like lightning to have the courage to get back to the land of the living - and we are sure glad you did!

Vicki, I hate to tell you how many times I have thrown or given away my fat clothes only to need them again. It is very frustrating! But now we know the answer to the problem and as long as we eat clean and follow our programs we won't have to do that again!

FF, my heart breaks to hear of your disappointing bbq. You are a real strong example for us to march right into the cafeteria and getting the tuna and eggs. Have a great 4th of July!

Marilee, you are so strong to not give in to the ice cream. I'm not sure I could have. It really is one of my problem foods.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Chele and Macc! You both posted while I was writing mine. lol Welcome to our group!

Chele, glad you came out of lurking. More inspiration for the group!

Macc, how exciting to be planning a wedding. We will help you get to just the shape you are dreaming of coming down the aisle!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #19

verbvm sapientibvs esto!!! Let there be a word to the wise!!!

deprivation and any longterm/lifetime plan are like gasoline and alcohol, the Emperor Nero & a lighted match...they do not a good partnership make. There are just oodles of low carb versions of everything we lust after in the high carb world. we may not be able to enjoy them in situ. However when we get home, we can make it or buy it our way. Knowing that i can have my low carb ice cream on Tuesday (the place where i go is closed on Mondays, holiday or not), makes the waiting all the more tolerable and the anticipation all the more delectable. So, slosh through all the recipes, or tweak regular ones to find what u are looking for. We are limited only by our imaginations. (mine is quite w/o limitations) FF
Old 07-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Chele and Mac! Welcome

FF-I get to look forward to my load days....that's what keeps me going

Popped on the scale this afternoon "just because" and it said 288!!!!!!!

I'm not going to count it - I only count what I weigh first thing in the morning, barebutt nekid!!!! I hope it's in the 280's tomorrow morning.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hi Chele and Mac! Welcome

FF-I get to look forward to my load days....that's what keeps me going

Popped on the scale this afternoon "just because" and it said 288!!!!!!!

I'm not going to count it - I only count what I weigh first thing in the morning, barebutt nekid!!!! I hope it's in the 280's tomorrow morning.
Whoa, I hope it sticks tomorrow Marilee

Chele and Maccc
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me, too, Vicki! It would be great to finally hit the 280's....I'll even take 289

Hotter than heck here - we are under an "excessive heat warning" for the next couple of days. It's supposed to hit 116 tomorrow. I'll get my errands done early in the morning and then hibernate at home the rest of the day.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome
first day didnt go so well work was so busy that I didnt get a chance to stop to eat until 9pm and then had the only thing available, a slice of pizza! So that makes bacon and eggs for breakfast and a slice of pizza for dinner...will do better tomorrow!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's hard with a holiday weekend, too. I turned down an invitation from friends because I don't want to eat what they are having. I'm going to go over after lunch.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

hi everyone and welcome to all the new blitzers!...i have a good feeling about this blitz...

marilee, i think you've made it, girl!...just don't eat in your sleep tonight and i bet you hit the 280s tomorrow...

hey squig, i think you hold the record for the most distant blitzer ever...we did have bec visit her native australia last blitz, but she lives in england...doesn't shaking help you lose weight?...i remember when my aunt had one of those belt shaking machines...lol...

hi robin, i know i'm gonna end up calling you rosie before this is over :-)

hi new-nancy...welcome and don't sweat the slice of pizza...just try to fill your house with on-plan options...tomorrow is another day and today wasn't so bad...

hi old-nancy...lol...just teasing...i know i won't get away with that...good menu, today...

ff, you are my HERO!!!!!...

vicki, you are our old-new superstar!...

welcome, chele...i'll be in nashville next week and enjoying your sweltering summer heat...can't beat the fried catfish though!...

hey macc, congrats on the 8 lbs...that's a lot of weight for someone who is so close to their goal...hope your fiance doesn't mind you joining the harem... ;-)

hi abi...how's your mom?...

had a good day today:
b: 3 oz. grilled chicken
l: 3 oz. salmon
s: 5 almonds
d: baked chicken

weighed in at 212 for the start of the blitz...i'm making it to 1derland this time!...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

thanks tony, I saw your menu for yesterday so Im gonna try eatting the same way today
Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

hi new-nancy, it's fun posting my menu on days i behave...as i said, i've learned over the past 15 months of doing these blitzes that i am nowhere near as disciplined as i thought i was...if i don't keep the bad stuff out of the house, i EAT it...

if i don't put a guard at the door, here's what my menu looks like:
b: hb egg
l: 3 oz. grilled chicken
s: 5 almonds
d: salmon, rice, a small scoop of ice cream, 1 warm gooey cookie my daughter baked, popcorn

not good... :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Up 1 lb today. I know why though. I had to have off plan items such as cheese fried crisp and a low carb protein bar AdvantEDGE. Back on plan today and heading to fiance's later for a fun filled wknd. Taking a lot of food as he probably doesn't have stuff I eat there. That is ok, I got my CSA yesterday and am taking those veggies and others that need to be eaten.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flawesome
Stats: starting weight:235lbs/current:232lbs/goal:154lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 24, 2012
Hello everyone.

I'm Nikki.

I have never had a weight problem in my life. I got pregnant with my first beautiful daughter, and ballooned up to 212 pounds-- from 140. :blush:
I didn't lose a pound in 3 years. I didn't know how to diet, or even recognize that I needed to diet. Kept thinking, "I just had a baby, it will fall off."
Boy, was I wrong!!

I gave birth to my second (and last, lol) beautiful daughter just 7 months ago. I had ballooned up to 243 pounds the day I had her. I was devestated.

I put my head in the game, put my game face on and started lowcarbing in January of this year. I have lost 62 pounds so far, and still going. I did take a 2 month break from the diet (so stupid ) but I started my reinduction June 10, 2011. Three weeks in and I am feeling fantastic!! I love lowcarb.

I am glad to join everyone here in the Blitz!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Nikki,

Man, I wouldn't know what it was like to not have a weight problem until after pregnancies. I have had weight issues since I was born I think

Regardless, it is just as devastating and difficult to lose. You have been successful so far according to your stats. KUTGW
Closed Thread