Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Kids got home around 5 last night so I finally got a good night's sleep. I worried so much the night before as DD did a 15 hour marathon drive.

Even though I had off plan bites of this and that the last 10 days for the most part I ate on plan and the scales only showed a one pound up. Today back to the usual weight. In years past I would have had a 10 pound jump and would have been totally derailed.

Gibby, your profile picture of the melted ice cream truck is hysterical!

FF, glad you are keeping well hydrated. I have those eating binges from time to time too. I am not hungry all day and bam - then it hits. But your choices were good and like Tony said, you probably needed it.

Vicki, are your clothes fitting looser with all the physical activity in the kitchen? I bet they are.

Bec, how is the eye doing today?

Tony, enjoy the pool and drink alot of water!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hey you guys!

I am back in business. Day 4 of being back on track and looking after myself. Eye is 100% better (thanks for asking Abigale) and I am feeling well. As soon as I went back to LC my cold went away! What a winner.

I really want to just keep in control. The feeling of control on LC is so great that I don't want to loose it by going off track.

My stomach is also way less bloated than it was a few days ago. Probably from back to back yoga and just being good.

I know you are all complaining of the heat and how horrible it is in the states right now but I can't help but feel jealous. We are having such a miserable summer in London. Right now I have my window open and think I might need to shut it as the breeze is getting a little too cold. It's ridiculous!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, so glad the eye is better and that you are back in control of your LC plan. It is a great feeling. Sorry your summer has been cold. That is as big a bummer as too hot for many people - (except FF and me who prefer the cooler weather)

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, good job on eating and staying hydrated...i think you're gonna look a lot different by september if you keep gym-ing it...

abi, so happy the kids made it home safe and sound...and congrats on the new habits that allow you to stray without losing ground...that is REAL change...

i'm in the same boat - i'm maintaining at 212-213 every day...must be eating about 2100 calories or so...feeling good, and thinking the exercise in the pool and my lack of appetite in the heat will help get me below 210 soon...

hey bec, sorry about the weather...winter is long enough here, so i try not to complain when it's hot...i must say we are enjoying the pool though and when we are in it, we don't even know it is hot...

cheeseburgers and hot dogs on the grill tonight... :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #215
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
what a day!!!

it was good. i seem to be dealing well with the heat wave. The secret is to walk slowly, and keep my thoughts unstressed. apart from the treadmill, i walked at least 1 mile. I did not get out of bed till 11:30a.m.. so, instead of bkfst at a diner, i settled for a small bag of pork rinds. I had my ATKINS holy sacrament (lc gelato & 1 lc sesame cookie), and a large iced coffee to wash it down. Then I walked over to the gym, and did my thang. People are supposed to put back the lose weights when they are finished. I put over 300 lbs back where they belonged, and took 2 25 lb weights (1 on each side) for a particular machine, AND, I put them back where they belong. I should do that for a price(i.e. they pay me.), or at least give me a free year's membership when this one expires. Tomorrow, I am doing a beach walk, and a trip to the bakery to pick up a lc bread. Mon. is also my mom's birthday, so I am getting cookies for the office in her honor, and lc cheesecake for the troll. So, how are my Blitzers dealing with the heat? FF
Old 07-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy birthday to your mom, ff...has she been gone a year?...from what you've told us, she was a very nice woman...

sounds like you had a good day!...nice job in such high heat...i have some rocks over here i need moved, so if you're bored after moving the weights at the gym, come on over... :-)

had a good day...tuna salad for lunch and a hamburger and hot dog for din din...

dealt with the heat by staying submerged in 79-degree water all afternoon...

Last edited by tony8; 07-23-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

79 degree water - perfect temperature, Tony. Your meals sounded good too. I had too many nuts yesterday, some chicken legs from the freezer we had grilled last week and bratwurst. Lots of water and 2 cups of coffee.

FF, you must have been brought up right to pick up after everyone else at the gym. The good thing is the extra work on your muscles. It will all pay off soon!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Day 5 today and feeling good! Think I might be back in ketosis!!

It's supposed to be nice and warm here for the next two days so fingers crossed that I see the sun a bit! If not I may go back to winter doses of Vit D. I double up my dose in the colder months.

Think I am inspired to get to more exercising soon too. I've done my bikram yoga the pats two days and it made me feel great. It is so important to put yourself first because otherwise how can you help others if you aren't feeling good.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, those are words of wisdom that I rarely follow. Thanks for reminding me. Also hope you have some nice, warm sunny days coming up.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #220

well, no one else was gonna do it.

the 'muscles' had to stay at the front desk. I did not make it to the beach. My fan broke (I accidentally knocked it down by accident). the back-up fan put out less air than an asthmatic. Between the heat, and a bit too much caffeine, i was up all night. Mr. Sandman finally took me at 5 a.m. When I came to, it was 8:30am. And I said "Oh expletive." So, cutting to the chase, From Trollville to BK, I walked 63 minutes. From BK to lc bakery 45 minutes. From lc bakery to 1/2way to SHOPRITE (to buy a new fan)52 minutes. Alltogether, (doing the math),it was 160 minutes, or 2 hrs 40 minutes(or 1/2 the length of a Wagner opera), in that heat (and with my feet), not half bad. This week my gym days are M,W, F, & Sat. The other days I will do some sort of walking. Cannot wait to get back to work tomorrow. FF
Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #221

good for u, Bec!!!

Question: is it still foggy in London more often than not? Today, here in Bklyn, it was overcast, and I was quite happy. The sun DID show itself, after my walk was over. I prefer Autumn and Winter sun(less authoritative)FF
Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Just lost a long post. That is so discouraging.

Hope you all are having a great Monday. Will try to reconstruct my post later when I have more time!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hanging around at 199. No, clothing is not loose due to all of the physical labor attached to kitchen redo Tried a new recipe today: Eggplant French Toast, it was ok, still tasted like egg plant though LOL.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Abi...I lost a long post last week and was so bummed! I'm going to start submitting several small posts instead of one big one.
Good job not derailing while your kids were in town. That is a huge accomplishment!

BecinUK...I think that feeling of control is one of the things I've missed most while being all wishy-washy. When I was really with the program I used to say: "There's so much in this world that's out of our hands. The one thing we CAN control is what we put in our mouths." I need to get back to that mentality.
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
vicki...eggplant french toast! That took guts! lol. I've gotten so boring with my recipes. I need to get back to experimenting.

FF...Wow. That's alot of mileage. Good for you!

tony...the pool sounds like a great way to beat the heat. Do you do water aerobics?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #226

it was a lot of mileage. i have no idea how many.

i do these kind of walks on the days not at the gym. Eggplant french toast has never occurred to me. Eggplant parmiagiana, however, is one of my top ten things to eat. Once I get cooking again, i WILL be making a low carb version of it. It is just too hot to do anything in my house. i have been ordering in, or picking up food on the way home. Blows a significant hole in my budget. I am so looking forward to putting Ron Popeil to work again, with a big beef roast, and a nice 10-12 lb turkey. I am going to have to wait a long while. FF
Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning everyone!

Well, the scale is creeping up so it's time to go on Atkins induction seriously and get back to my maintenance weight - 6 pounds ago. It sure creeps up quickly.

Had a great weekend and now am back at it again.

TTYL
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #228

gonna work out wet this evening.

it's raining, and the troll left his umbrella home. Insofar as it is a summer rain, no harm. No excuses. I MUST workout. I MUST establish the ritual. I just finished a low carb (5 gr net)muffin from THE bakery. Upon which I put an ind. portion size of cream cheese (divided it between each half.)The folks that do the low carb magic at THE bakery deserve an award. Unfortunately, i ate it too quickly. It was so satisfying, and so carby tasting. This is probably the last solid food I will have till the morrow. Liquid asset crunch till payday. FF
Old 07-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like everyone is either doing well, or on the way to doing well...great job guys!...

ff, the amount of walking you did is more than a gym day for most people...i'm very proud of your commitment to exercise - i know it's not easy...

bec, happy to hear you are back in the saddle!...i've never done yoga - i should cuz i'm the most physically inflexible person i know :-)

hi abi, sorry about the post - i love reading your comments...hope all is well on the western front (of nh)...lol...

marilee, good for you for drawing a line you won't cross...i think that is one major thing most of us have really accomplished and we should feel good about it...

vicki, isn't all fried eggplant made like french toast?...oops, just don't tell me you put maple syrup on it!...

ff, while you were walking in the rain, i was swimming in it...

hi kbeth, great to see ya as always...i don't do any structured aerobics, but i do swim and run around as much as possible, within the limits of my hip...

speaking of my hip, it has deteriorated to the point where i think surgery is just about inevitable...i've been dreading it and putting it off, but i'm thinking sometime this fall, it will have to happen...

eating well and on plan, but still in the 2200 calorie range so i'm holding steady at 213...my bp has been good, so that's a positive!...

today:
b: skipped
l: grilled steak
s: none
d: broiled chicken and veggie skewers

Last edited by tony8; 07-25-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, SF maple syrup Tony. What else would I put on it?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #231

i am starved. but food is on the way.

i have a couple rolls of qtrs. I had the same last night: shrimp in garlic sauce (ATKINS-ized), and ribs w/o sauce. I cannot afford to get too hungry, as I would run the risk of cheap off plan eats eating. With this dinner (it should be here in 10 minutes), my total carb consumption for the day is just about 11 grams net). FF
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

I really enjoyed the cooler weather yesterday and we had a good soaking rain for the lawn and garden. Had to take car to shop for a new battery so did some walking to Mom's and back while waiting for them to put the battery in. Had tuna mixed with ranch seasoned sour cream for lunch. I am trying to stay away from mayo which has omega 6 soy bean oil in it. Had leftover steak from Sunday's grilling for dinner.

Tony, sorry about the hip giving you such pain. Am sure you are not looking forward to a hip replacement. We just do what we have to do when we can't stand it anymore.

FF, you are becoming a walking maniac. It is so great that you are steadily increasing it even in this awful heat.

Beth, that feeling of control is wonderful when we have it. I am back having trouble with the nuts. I can go for weeks staying away from them and then have a weak moment and cannot resist them. Need to get back to the control.

Vicki, I have never heard of egg plant french toast but can see how the texture would be similar. Do you just batter it in egg and fry it?

Marilee, hoping you are having success getting back to strict Atkins and you are getting quick results!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep yourself from more egregious behavior...hunger is the enemy, and it seems like you are dealing with it in a reasonable way...keep the curfew in the bag of tricks you use when you think you need it...

as i said earlier, i am struggling to get in a mindset to lose weight...i am firmly in maintenance mode...my weight has never been so stable - i am between 212 and 213 every day...i need to get to the 180s - there's no doubt about that...i am not craving carbs and bad stuff, but i need to cut calories to a new lower level, and i'm not sufficiently motivated right now to do that...

i'm still overweight, but look so much better than i used to...i fit into smaller sized clothes...my blood work and bp has greatly improved...so many of the motivators i had have been neutralized to some extent, and that is making it hard for me...

i'm not happy about it, and i hope you guys will bear with me while i work through this...i am putting my health at further risk by carrying around this last 30-35 lbs. of excess weight...but i have to be honest and face my demons...i'm not off the wagon, nor am i tempted to fall off the wagon, i'm just sitting on a wagon that is not moving in either direction at the moment...

love you guys!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #234

it is all a matter of perspective, Tony.

I would just love to be 30-35 lbs overweight. Even when i get to 1derland. i will still be over 50 lbs overweight. Changing the subject, the remainder of the cookies I brought are on the other side of this wall and are perfectly safe from me. BUT, if they were in my home, i would undoubtedly have made short work of them if they had stayed more than 1 night there. There is no logic to it. It just is the way it is. Well, i got my umbrella, and wearing my old brown shoes. I have discovered that even after all the decades that i have been walking (i am certain i have done at least as far as the moon and back), the hardest part still is GETTING STARTED. I have, on a number of occasions, taken a few steps, and given up. But once i have crossed the street, i am on my way and do not look back. FF
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning....

Tony, we are with you! You are not a burden at all. Heck, you are going to have to be there for those of us that have a lot more than 35 pounds to lose!

The scale is staying the same - so I guess that's ok....better than going up.

Here's eats for today:

B-3 eggs scrambled in a little butter
L-roasted chicken and cucumbers
D-hamburger with bacon and cheese wrapped in a lettuce leaf with onions, tomatoes and pickles with a little mustard and mayo.

That's it!

Last edited by Gibby; 07-26-2011 at 08:07 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

I walked across town, literally, to go volunteer this morning at our local city park. We have an annual bike ride across our state and our town is an overnight stop. I worked 6-8 this morning at the information booth and due to the town being cut in half and roads closed, I walked. The humidity is tremendous today and even at 0530 I was dripping.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the understanding, guys...

ff, i know what you mean about perspective...it is just difficult to realize that i am within 35 lbs. of being healthier and am struggling with finding motivation...that should be ENOUGH...i will find it and i will get there, but i can't be delusional - it ain't gonna happen until i make it happen...

marilee, you are such a sweetie - thanks - and i will be here for you guys...

vicki, dontcha just hate humidity?...that happened to me a couple of days ago - climbed out of the shower, walked outside, did a few simple things and needed another shower...yuck!...

had about 3 oz. of grilled chicken and a small piece of grilled zucchini for breakfast...and some acv...
Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #238

TODAY'S EATS

BKFST: liquids only. SNACK (or late bkfst)egg salad (made it myself...very difficult..eggs, mayo, fork). LUNCH: between 2 slices of lc bread(toasted): 1.5 oz nova scotia lox, 1 ind svg of cream cheese (i wish i could get them like that in the stores. buying a container, i find myself eating the whole thing at once), and salad fixins. So sorry I ate it so quickly. It looked great, and tasted exponentially better. Tonight is either roast chicken and/or, if i pass a McD, or BK, some lc cow. FF
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea, Tony. This heat is getting old real quick. I have had AC on for at least two weeks now and I have it set at 78. I have gotten acclimated to that and it feels hot. I shower, dry off, stand in front of fan to cool off, blow dry hair, stand in front of fan, curl hair, fan, makeup, fan . . . . you get the picture LOL.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #240

70 minutes. that was all i could walk today.

from the ankles up i was fine. i could have gone on forever. but below the ankles it was a different story. i completed my 70th minute at the entrance of the PEKING KITCHEN. I finished the Roast Pork (12 thick slices) at 7:55pm, just in time for curfew, to which I adhere on the 3 non-gym evenings. Well, it is 2 days to weigh-in. If there is no substantial weight loss this week, I must advise y'all to look away, cause it's gonna be ugly.
FF
Closed Thread