Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
had to take the day off today. the heat has quite

UN-TROLLED me.No energy today whatsover. There is a slim chance only that I will make it to Shoprite today to fill up on liquids. I hope i have enough to last me till bed-time. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, I hope you are ok and getting some energy back today. The heat is really getting bad this week. DH spent a couple of hours cooking chicken on the grill last evening and said he felt really tired this morning on the way to work. Keep those fluids going the best you can!

Robin, the zumba class sounds like so much fun and great on getting the new bikes! Enjoy!

DD, grandkids, my sister and sister in law and I went downtown yesterday to shop. We ate at Subway and I ate mine minus the bun. Our dog had destroyed our grandson's glasses earlier in the morning so poor son in law and grandson had to drive to the Holyoke mall to and eye glass store. The ended up having to remake the glasses because the first pair didn't work. The got back to our house at 6pm. Wonderful way to start the vacation ( they had already had the car trouble on the way here).

We had grilled drumsticks for dinner and the rest had all the fixings

Today will be hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner
Don't know what we will have for the rest of the day. Have a frig full of food so we will figure out something.

Really enjoying them being around!

Have a great day everyone and stay as cool as you can!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 AM   #123

back to work today.

i will try to get my money back from the gym. it was a great idea to join at the time. but bad financial situations have forced me to bow out. As i just joined, and have not so much as breathed on the machines, i do not see why that would be a problem. Also, the Las Vegas trip plans are also on the back burner permanently. what good is a time share if u cannot even get there? However, i am still motivated to get as close to a 100 lb loss by the end of the year. I will stay as close to zero carb as possible, and do what walking i can, when i can. FF
Old 07-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi kids,

Hope everyone is managing the heat, and drinking plenty of water!

Abi - how much FUN you must be having with your visiting family members! And you're staying on plan too! Good job lady!

FF- sorry to hear of your setbacks, this is the time when you have to reach down deep and not battle the stress with food!

Flawesome - wow, sorry to hear of your GI issues. Were you diagnosed with something specific? Hope you can find an eating plan that will keep you healthy and continue your losees....

I was listening to Dr. Radio on the XM this morning...some doc said that for every 10 lbs lost, it is like approx. 30 lbs. LESS weight on your joints.

Hi Vicki, Marilee, Lc4me, Tony..hope everyone has a good day.!

Nancy
Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all, I am not feeling too great this morning. I think I was battling a bladder infection over the weekend and it maybe has caught up to me. My lower left side hurts like heck today, I hope it isn't kidney infection. I dread having to go to the Dr. because of the scale, now isn't that stupid?

I am currently reading a book about Intuitive Eating and one of the stories in the book talks about a woman who had put off getting a mammogram for 15 years due to facing the scale at the Dr. office. So far it is making sense. It scares me too though. I am considering counseling in this area possibly. I guess I am just tired of searching for the answer to my weight problem and am continuing to grasp books about the latest diet, usually low carb. I have cut way back on buying magazines on the news stand that tout the latest diet. I look at them and see that it isn't any different from what I already know.

Who knows, we will see where this journey will take me.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 07-12-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Aw Vicki, I so understand the scale thing at the doctor's....for me, it crept up all the time, every time and the nurse kept sliding the heavy thing to the next 50, it is pretty devastating and it would put me in a bad funk and make me sink down deep. Allow the experience to be a reality check (just like standing in front of the mirror) and make up your mind to do something about it once and for all. With me, it was the pronouncement that I was pre-diabetic, so I woke up FAST and got my act in gear.

It is so important to take care of oneself with mammo's, annual exams, visits for concerns like what you are having now. Amazing how they always want a weigh-in, but that's part of the protocol.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #127

the heat has addled my brain.

i have no intention of quitting the gym. the personal trainer called me back right after i made that statement. i will have to get there by an alternative rte than that of Sun 7/10/11. Perhaps i will walk. FF
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everyone....sorry I've been MIA.....I've been a bit down on myself - 10 steps forward 5 steps back.

I'm back on plan - still below 300, but not by much My own fault - I went off the deep end last week. I know why, and am dealing with it.

Must get to work. Take care.....
Old 07-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #129

feeling more like a troll again.

the baconcheeseburger with onion, tomato on 2 slices of low carb toast has something to do with it, as well as the air-conditioned office. hope y'all are feeling better. i tried to be mature about the heat, but i am too much like a terran child not getting his way. My deal with HELIOS is at an end. I am entering negotiations with BOREAS, God of the North Wind. Let's hope i can cut us a good deal. FF
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #130

just finished some tough negotiations with Boreas.

i was able to get a respite from the 90s if only for the short term. For the next week, my neck of the woods is forecasted to get no higher than 88, with lower humidity, at least for a few days. Here's to looking out for #1. FF
Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

FF, the heat has been miserable this week. I to hope the temps drop a little. Glad you can keep with gym. How far a walk will it be and how long will it take you? Your baconcheeseburger sounds good even at 4am! Now I'm hungry.

Marilee, sorry you have been down on yourself. I hate when that happens. Glad you are feeling better now and back on plan.

Nancy, I am really enjoying the family being here. It is bedlam though. We went swimming in the river yesterday which was so refreshing. Today we will have a family dinner at Mom's that I am doing the main cooking on. The kids will go to my brother's cottage on Lake Winnesquam for 3 days and the rest of the family will join them for a get together on Sunday. They will head for home Tuesday.

Vicki, hope you will go to the Dr. and make sure you don't have any infection. The scale numbers are going down and Dr. should be proud of you and encourage you. Tell us more about the book you are reading.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #132

it is a 2 hr walk Abi

i've done it before. if i keep off my feet the day before, no reason, if i can wake up early enough, to do it at a leisurely pace. there is a Dunkin' midway, so i can stop and get a mega caffeine fix to get me the rest of the way. Otherwise, if i wake up too late, i will have to take car svc. After that session, i can come as early or late as i please. I would love to slip into a coma about now, and wake up in November. FF
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/219/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Hey guys,
I am still in nashville, but will be heading back home today and should arrive tomorrow...driving the rv...its been a great being with the kids on a road trip, but will be hard leaving my daughter here...
Having been on line, haven't read your posts yet, just had brief access and missed u and wanted to say hi...u would all be proud of me...I have been a very good boy and will be shocked if I haven't lost a few lbs...I feel less than210 which was my goal
I will post more when I get back...hope u r all well and I love u guys...stay strong!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tony, thanks for checking in.

Abi, I like your way of planning meal, refrig full will figure out something.

Live Free, I considered refusing the scale yesterday at doc but decided against it. It is just a number for crying out loud. I ended up with a raging UTI I though was involving the kidney because my left side hurt like the dickens. Placed on antibiotics, let's hope that doesn't lead to yeast infection too.

OK, 200.3 today ARGH. Time to jump back on the wagon. I read the book Intuitive Eating and think I could really do that. However, they don't recommend weighing, buying diet books, reading articles about dieting, eating when physically hungry, stopping part way into a meal and testing fullness, then stopping, and no foods are off limits. People who have done it, have gotten off the merry go round of diet binge and yo-yoing cycle. Because, if no food is off limits, then there isn't any reason to deprive oneself of it and then binge on it. Makes sense to me. Eventually, they reach their natural weight. Hmmmm.

I am going to make these later today Kohlrabi Cakes

I also have a huge jicama and may make these sometime too

Jicama Hash Browns ala Cleo
Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #135

tony? tony who???

don't mind me. it's the heat. hope u had a really great time. i am sure your dtr will be just fine. but it is not easy for a parent to let go (except for my Ferenghinar folks, of course). Have a nice drive. I am sure u lost a ton. FF
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for checking in Tony - we miss you!

The scale is going down

Good luck with the intuitive eating, Vicki. I know I couldn't do it - I would intuitively want more!

Time to get to work - TTYL
Old 07-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Tony - good to hear from you, we missed you!

Marilee - that wagon is always waiting for us to hop back on!

Vicki - glad you got yourself sorted out, hope the anti-bio's do the job quickly! OK so you're at 200.3..it could have been worse..this 200 number is just kills me (I'm at 201 but a few weeks ago had a 197.5)...I know what I'm doing wrong...I know what I'm doing right...

Try the Intuitive plan...it might make you feel freer in your choices as self-restriction can be counter-productive...it's all about portion control anyway.....
Old 07-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #138

a ful confession is in the 100 lb challenge thread in the Playground

it was the heat, i tell ya. tomorrow will be a bit cooler, which is when i return to sanity in every sense of the word. FF
Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Tony! Glad to hear from you. We missed you too! Know how you feel about leaving your daughter. I am so enjoying mine this week but it will be 6 months to a year before I see her again when she leaves on Tuesday.

FF, the heat can really do us in. We had a quick storm come in yesterday with a little hail and the temp dropped so quick we went from sweating to being chilled. 60 degrees this morn but I guess it will warm up this afternoon again. I can't wait for Nov. temps too but then will be dreading the snow and all that shoveling. lol

Vicki, the intuitive eating idea sounds good. I ended up eating things yesterday that I don't usually allow myself and it felt good and I didn't overdo it. We had a taco casserole - hamburg, refried beans, sour cream, cheese. The beans I usually stay away from but allowed myself for a change. Also we had black bean salsa which had the beans and also corn. I had about 2 tablespoons, no chips. It tasted so good but it didn't send me on a binge.

Everybody still sleeping here and my other sister spent night with Mom and will get her up this morning to give me a break. Of course the dog wanted out at 3:30 as usual and then one of the cats started meowing. I guess she thought I had overslept and thought it was her duty to be my alarm clock. So much for being able to sleep in for a change. lol

Hope everyone has a great !day

Last edited by Abigale; 07-14-2011 at 04:05 AM..
Old 07-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, i am officially BACK!!!!!...

tony who, ff???...how soon they forget!...lol...

well, i haven't been able to read your posts, so i'll assume everyone who is still here is either doing well or back on the way to doing well...

as i said, i had a very disciplined week...i'm hoping i'm below the 212 i was before i left, but i'm not counting on anything until i climb on the scale tomorrow...i feel like i dropped a few lbs., but my digestion and fluid retention may be messed up as i was staying in a campground and completely out of my normal routine...part of my lack of appetite was an aversion to using the public restrooms, even though this rv park was extremely clean...

i'm looking at this page and see all the usual suspects: ff, marilee, vicki, abi, nancy - did you guys scare everyone else off while i was away?... ;-) i know girls, you wanted me all to yourselves, especially with ff flirting in the 100-lb. challenge...well, i'm now here for your total enjoyment!...LOL...you'll be sending me off again in a minute!!!

i really missed you guys and am looking forward to getting back to my daily posting and accountability and most importantly, keeping up with what y'all are doing...i AM gonna do my best to get to 1derland during this blitz!...

Last edited by tony8; 07-14-2011 at 01:01 PM..
Old 07-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Just caught up on everyones posts--I've been working really hard long days picking and selling the cherries in our families one acre cherry farm. We are done now and I'm pretty exhausted. I haven't gotten on the scale, you would think I would drop weight with all the physical activity but my body doesn't work that way. I usually gain weight if I'm not getting my rest...I stayed fairly true to low carb but did have some slip ups including eating quite a few cherries...I seem to have a hard time losing weight in the summer...

I'm determined to get on track though and didn't want anyone to think I'd dropped out...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jenny, so good to see you...been thinkin about ya...i had the same problem last summer - only lost 4 lbs. during blitz II...i'm determined to do better this year, especially after my last horrific blitz!...

cherries are healthy, so i wouldn't worry about having eaten them...it's not like you were eating bags of chips...i'm betting the exercise will pay off over the next few weeks if you can get in a good eating groove...

i'm so sick of being stalled, i think i've finally found the motivation i need...i don't like being over 200 lbs!...we'll get there, kid and you know i'm here to help...miss you!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Kids are leaving for my brother's cottage on Lake Winnesquam this morning for the weekend. We will all meet up there on Sunday for a big family get together. Son-in-law will fly back to Missouri on Monday for a meeting and DD and grandkids will drive back on tues. I miss them already even though they haven't even left yet. Need to get back to some cleaner eating. Haven't eaten anything really bad but some of the stuff I don't usually eat didn't sit that well with me. I feel much better eating simple food.

Jenny, so glad to hear from you. I knew you were very busy at the family cherry business. I do think being well rested helps with losing weight. It has to do with cortisol I think. You should be getting back in the groove in a couple of days.

Tony, I am little jealous that FF is dividing his time with the 100 pound challenge but guess we will have to share him.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #144

so glad u are back, Tony.

the harem is more than 1 troll can handle. Plus, the heat is toasting my brains. Tomorrow, if i have any strength at all, i intend to be on the shady side of any street that is quiet, and away from traffic noise, so that i can listen to my walktroll, and drink ice cold anything non-alcoholic. Congrats, on the discipline. I hate public facilities. I am never comfy outside of my own modest domestic commode. FF
Old 07-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back Tony. I hear you about being sick and tired of being over 200.

For a couple of days now, I have been trying to allow all foods, nothing off limits and trying to pay attention to hunger signals. I know what they are too. However, there are times when I am not hungry in the morning and maybe not until around 10 or so. This is ok for now since I don't work during the summer, but I am worried that when I go back to work (I am a professor) that my class schedule won't allow for eating when I am hungry. So, then what?

According to the books I have read, if following the guidelines, your natural weight will come and it may not be a number that you already have in mind. Could be higher, could be lower, who knows. Hence, the reason they don't suggest using the scale. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit.

I am currently reading Gary Taube's book Why We Get Fat. So far good reading, I think it will eventually lead to low carb eating. I tend to want unprocessed healthy food for the most part. But, should I want to eat french fries or a baked potato or a dessert, I don't want to pass that up and then if I do eat it, I don't want to punish myself and have guilt feelings. That is my goal with trying this new woe.

Have you guys heard of Maria Emmerich? She has a blog titled Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal. I bought all of her books and "Like" her on FB. She posted a recipe for Peanut Noodles making a pnut butter sauce to put over zucchini noodles. I am going to give that a whirl this afternoon and see what my 11 yr old thinks. I love my food processor and spiral veggie noodle maker. Great purchases.

I also pick up my CSA tonight too. But, I needed to clean our refrig of "old" veggies. I froze green beans and peas, tossed old mushrooms, grated the jicama to get ready for "hashbrowns" sometime this wknd, spiraled the summer squash (see above), looked at the "Stop Light" peppers and put them back, made a veggie/green smoothie for breakfast. Why is it I go overboard on veggies??? I want a variety, but when it is primarily me and occasionally one to two more people, I have tons left over. Does anyone else do this?

I LOVE cherries and so does fiance', send some this way will ya? LOL

ff has done will with his harem since you were gone Tony.

Hi Abi, Marilee and others.

Last edited by vli1127; 07-15-2011 at 07:22 AM..
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Welcome back, Tony!

Hi Jen...nice to hear from you - we miss you.

The scale continues to go down...still losing what I gained for being off program. I hope to be in new numbers next week. I hate the set backs - two weeks where I could have been losing. I'll make a note of it and put it on my refrigerator door.

Nee to get to work .....ttyl
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great to be back, kids!...

in the no good deed shall go unpunished category, i weighed in at 213 this morning - 1 lb. above what i was when i left!...LOL...it really is funny, but i guess if i had been a bad boy, i'd be 215 or more, so i'm not upset...i WILL lose 14 lbs. by september 30th, by hook or by crook!...

abi, i'm so happy you got to enjoy time with your family - it really is hard when they live far away, which i am in "day 2" of experiencing for myself!...

ff, i'm happy to be able to help with the harem, bro...no free rides - i gotta pull my weight around here and what better way to do it?...good luck finding shade...it was over 100-degrees every day we were in nashville...

vicki, good luck with the new woe...i am way too undisciplined to have "anything i'd like to eat," sitting around the house...like marilee said, i'd just eat it...and i am afraid my "natural weight" would be heavier than i want to be...keep us posted on how it works, though as i always have an open mind about such things...

marilee, congrats on dropping the "naughty weight"...that was fast!...lol...

so far today:
b: sliced, raw red pepper and a bit of acv
Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

I made the Thai Peanut Noodle recipe and added a diced up reheated butterfly pork chop. Loved it. Kid didn't LOL.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #149

gonna have a big meal tonite..either sliced roast pork or

spare ribs. I went w/o bkfst and lunch today. Not smart, i know. I wanted to put some distance between me and the earlier part of this week. I feel so relieved that i have publicly and privately admitted my eating disorder. Guilt is a very fattening emotion. Wish me luck. Sunday is my 1st gym session. My concern is not the exercises themselves, but whether they will do for me what i hope; namely getting some shape to this amorphous form. FF
Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #150

my spirits have risen somewhat...

only 70 more minutes till quitting time. I'm going to Shoprite right from work. gonna stock up on ice and liquids, and some non-food items (psst deodorant...arm and hammer is the best...the best). But most important is walking the aisles, after my obbligatory caffeine fix at the in situ Dunkin'. Tomorrow, i am taking a rare subway ride to the B&N in Bklyn. I do not feel like goin' into the city. The B&N in Union Square is my home away from home. After B&N, i am going to walk aimlessly around that area (Prospect Park West), as I do not know that area well, even though (except for 9 months in the Bronx), i have lived in Bklyn all my TERRESTIAL life, since i arrived at this pathetic little planet of yours. I might even meet someone. U never know. Y'all have a great and ON-PLAN weekend. FF
Closed Thread