Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Vicki-love the new Avatar - drool!!!! You're hair looks longer - are you growing it out?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki! So cute! Is that Jamie Oliver you are flirting with?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think it's Aussie Curtis Stone
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Yep, Curtis Stone. He is promoting stuff at a regional grocery store in our area. Yes, growing out my hair. Not sure how far yet but thought I would go long one more time before the grave LOL.

I am so sick of vinegar for my veggie salads that I broke down and had real full-fat Ranch on my salad tonight.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
so awed with everyone's progress. let's keep at it.

and get the water in. i did about 45 minutes of walking after work. i would have gone wee wee wee all the way home, but some of my little piggies protested. I am at the mercy of my piggies...and my kidneys. FF
Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone......

I am fighting demons right now. But I've decided to have an exorcism tonight. I'm not sure what started this "mood" I'm in....I know I don't like having holidays where I can't eat the things I want, so maybe the Fourth of July's denial did it.....Who knows? Anywho, I've been off plan now for a couple of days and I feel like crap!!! No, I haven't been doing maintenace, I've been binging - eating what I want. So, enough of that!

Hopefully (I think), once I start the drops again tomorrow, the weight should come off quickly. I was doing so well and I'm very disappointed in myself.

Vicki-I like your hair longer.....

Better get to work. Stay strong, don't buy a guilt ticket....just get back on the train.

Marilee
Old 07-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, pull yourself up by the boot straps and you go girl. Don't quit now.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LC4Me4Life
Stats: 208 --> 128
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins '72
Start Date: Restart: July 2011
Hi all,

I am hoping I can jump right in. This seems like a great group for me - and I have lots of love and support for all

With graduations, birthdays, holidays, vacations and some difficult family situations, I have completely backslided to my highest weight ever ... this after losing 20 pounds and really doing well in March/Apr. In addition to the endless hical/hicarb meals and snacking opportunities, I also stopped drinking water, never found time to exercise and became addicted to salted nuts. I just completely lost control of my healthy habits and lost sight of my healthy goal.

I am more determined than ever to stay on track and have had a "long talk" with myself that I can put my health as a priority over what is going on around me. I am look forward to getting to know everyone and hope I can look to you all for help if I get tempted to fall back into bad habits.

Happy Thursday!!

Decision to get healthy .. goal met
July Mini-Goal: 190
Old 07-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4Me4Life View Post
Hi all,

I am hoping I can jump right in. This seems like a great group for me - and I have lots of love and support for all

With graduations, birthdays, holidays, vacations and some difficult family situations, I have completely backslided to my highest weight ever ... this after losing 20 pounds and really doing well in March/Apr. In addition to the endless hical/hicarb meals and snacking opportunities, I also stopped drinking water, never found time to exercise and became addicted to salted nuts. I just completely lost control of my healthy habits and lost sight of my healthy goal.

I am more determined than ever to stay on track and have had a "long talk" with myself that I can put my health as a priority over what is going on around me. I am look forward to getting to know everyone and hope I can look to you all for help if I get tempted to fall back into bad habits.

Happy Thursday!!

Jump right in! We'll catch you
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome LC. We are looking forward to getting to know you too. I sure do know what you mean by being addicted to salted nuts. I stay away from them for long periods and then boom - I am right back eating them again.

Marilee, it is hard to be around everyone eating whatever they want but I keep telling myself that it is just not healthy and I also know I can't eat carbs off and on. I am either OFF or ON. So after many retries I usually manage to stay off the carbs. (except for the nuts darn it). I know when you get back on the drops tomorrow you will have a good resolve and will be right back in the groove.

FF, you just crack me up - you and your poor little protesting piggies and trying not to go wee, wee, wee all the way home. lol Really, though, I am sorry your feet don't always hold up to the long walks you would like to do. Hoping as the weight comes off they sprout little wings on them!

Vicki, I had a feeling that wasn't Jamie Oliver but couldn't remember Curtis Stone. Didn't he have a show where he would approach people in the grocery store and go home and help them cook a great meal? He probably still has the show and hence the promotion. I used to think, Oh, my gosh, I would have to send a cleaning team ahead of him to clean my kitchen.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi all,

Marilee, I know how you feel, the July 4th Holiday weekend, and the treats associated with it. I caved a bit myself, but we have to put it behind us and press forward. So, the waters should be calm and steady til Labor Day eh? That's what I am hoping!!!

Welcome LC4Me....this IS a good thread!!

I passed up on a coworker's luncheon today by bringing in my own salad and enjoying every long delicious bite of it while the rest of them stoked up on carbs with rolls, pasta salad, lasagne, dessert shells....I am quite proud of myself!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually, I didn't go anywhere on the Fourth and stayed on plan. I think what happens is I start to feel sorry for myself because I was deprived and then go off....Stupid, I know. So much of weight loss is mental - almost al of it!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, below is the proverbial carrot dangling in front of your nose. You want to be rid of the cane and pain, you go girl. LOL

Last edited by vli1127; 07-07-2011 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
:Welcome: newcomers!

Sorry I'm late checking back in on this blitz. I was taking an extra-extended weekend.

I've been feeling really well on my "throw the diet out the window" plan that I adopted with the last blitz. Eating lots more vegies and my skin looks fabulous. I came off my 5 month stall and actually managed to drop a few more pounds. My goal for this blitz is to get back to a habit of daily walking outside (or equivalent exercise inside if weather/schedules interfere).
Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

But Vicki, it's so nice and shiny!!! Thanks for the phone call - I'm fine....back on program tomorrow morning.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Nancy! I bet your co-workers felt like slugs all afternoon with all those carbs and you felt energetic. I remember all the birthday carbfests we used to have when I worked in an office years ago. Of course then I was right in the middle of them and always felt lethargic all afternoon.

Wow Vicki, that sure is great incentive picture you sent to Marilee. Sweet of you to call her too.

LCShadows, wonderful you lost some pounds last blitz! Sounds like your "throw the diet out the window" eating plan is working for you!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #108

weigh-in was a relief. i undid the last 3 gains.

i dropped 2.4 lbs. i now have only 97.6 lbs towards my 100 lb challenge due at year's end. It will be interesting to see how much bologna can be sliced off my keester between now and then. Tomorrow, the rain will be at an end in the a.m. so, i am taking my keester to the boardwalk.In my socks and sandals, i should get in quite a walk. Sunday a.m. i will begin my work-out sessions. I hope everyone has a great and ON-PLAN weekend. FF.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Wow! Great energy here in Blitz VI!

...And boy, could I use some.

Welcome to all the new members! The Blitzers are a wonderful group.

Marilee...I can relate. I've had several trips to family and then the 4th. I did FINE while at these events, only to slip-up after the fact. Need to get back on track before I am completely derailed. I need something like a shiny new joint to inspire me!!

Abi...I'm quite certain that cartoon was in support of LC! lol. Enjoy your kids and grandkids!

BecinUK...so glad you enjoyed your trip, and I agree that enjoying off-plan meals while on vacation is much different than eating a box of cookies behind closed doors. That is something I still struggle with. Good to hear the water weight is coming off quickly!

LIVE_FREE_NH...The Rosedale sounds like a great plan. I think I'll do some reading on that this weekend. I get re-inspired by reading the science behind these plans.

Okay...off to have a LC breakfast. More later!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

ff, congrats to you.

Abi, Marilee is my aunt so we talk now and then LOL

Day 1 on Atkins Nutritional induction, I couldn't stand vinegar alone on my salads, no eggs, or fats etc on hcg. Now, what to do with the bottle of pellets . . . .
Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Vicki! Can you sell them on Ebay?

Tried something new tonight. Bought some ranch style dressing dip packets which were very low carb and mixed a little with some sour cream that is only sour cream and no additives to use as a tasty, thick salad dressing. It was very good. I was using vinegar and olive oil but was sick of it and the dressings in the bottle are full of everything and soy oil etc.

Beth, I am so excited. Jen, Walt and the 4 grandkids have not been to visit in a year. I flew out in Feb. because I couldn't stand it but the DH and the rest of the family haven't seen them in a year. They should pull in from Missouri Sunday night around 7 or 8 pm. I have a bunch of hugs just waiting! I thought Rosedale sounded pretty interesting too. Wishing you lots of luck!

FF, super on the 2.4 loss this week! Hope you and your keester have a great walk tomorrow on the boardwalk! Can't wait to see how Sunday at the gym goes!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, I made my own mayo using half olive oil and half flax seed oil. It isn't as good as the store bought but I can experiment as I go. I figure I can add vinegar and spices to make up my own dressings too. Atkins and other cookbooks have decent recipes for dressings.

I feel like a UTI is coming on so am upping the carbs due to cranberry jc. The real stuff diluted and not the sweetened kind. 1 cup in a gallon of water.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #113

my feet lost heart today.

i think, I know they want to chill. So, I let them. Tomorrow they will do what I tell them to do. I am walking to the gym...about a 2 hr walk...but at an easy pace. After that I will sit in a shady(&I hope quiet) spot in the park, and listen to my opera on my walkman. Then, I am off to low carb pistachio gelato land, which is just a few blocks away. Enjoy the weekend. I am going to check in at the 100 lb challenge thread. Talk to y'all later. FF
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flawesome
Stats: starting weight:235lbs/current:232lbs/goal:154lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 24, 2012
Hello everyone. I wanted to stop in and give an update for those of you that were cheering me on. I had some serious health issues while low-carbing, saw my doctor and had to switch diet plans immediately. I was really disappointed because I had accomplished losing almost 70 pounds in very little time and felt great! Unfortunately, it did some damage to my digestive system. Please be careful out there, everyone. I thought I was being very cautious and smart-- took my vitamins, ate vegetables and lean meat, etc. It did not go over well. I am on a calorie-restricted diet, trying to replenish my body with some much needed nutrients and will be continuing my weight loss journey on my new plan. Unfortunately, it's my TOM (sorry for the TMI, lol) and I have been hydrating my body with up to 10 bottles of water per day, so I gained quite a bit of weight back from 177 back up to 185 today. I expect a whoosh in a few days to get me back into the 170's. I wish everybody great luck and great health!! I will update you when I hit my goal of 169. =] Hopefully, I can hit that by the end of July. Take care. xx
Old 07-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Nikki, best of luck to you and come back and report to us from time to time.

FF, so you are letting your feet take a breather and then tomorrow you are going to crack the whip. Poor little piggies! Have a great 2 hour walk to the gym and you will have earned your pistacio gelato! Enjoy the opera too!

Vicki I have made a couple of batches of mayo too. It does take some experimenting to get it similar to the store bought kind. The last batch was a complete flop because I used an extra light olive oil. It would net gel.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #116

it is a troll's prorogative to change his mind.

My feet had a change of heart. I did an 85 minute round trip...to and from where? u may ask. I needed a destination. It was the PEKING KITCHEN, the best sliced roast pork in Bklyn., USA. I am outside their delivery limit...which is a good thing, really. Distance- wise it was about a 3 mile round trip. In that heat, only Lawrence of Arabia could surpass me, and he had a camel. Well, i need to get up early. Good night all. FF
Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

I would walk 3 miles round trip for some delicious sliced pork. FF, maybe you have stumbled on to a great weight losing technique - you can have what you want (on plan of course) - you just have to walk at least 2 miles to get it! lol

I will be having breakfast out today after Church with Mom, my brother and sister -in-law. Will have the ususal -2 scrambled eggs and an order of bacon.

The rest of the day I am not sure. DD, SIL, and 4 grandchildren arrive sometime this evening so I will be doing some more preparation for that this afternoon. They were not even out of Missouri when their serpentine belt broke. At 6:30 am they were able to pull into a Shell Station that wasn't open. The kids were all still sleeping. DD texted a friend from home who she knew had relatives in that town. Friend was awake and 15 min. later her father showed up, drove SIL to an O'Reilly's Auto Store, got the belt and went back and put it on the car. DD had already removed the shredded belt. She said she looked like a grease monkey. So for $28.00 they were back on their way. They lost a couple of hours of driving time so were still on road at my bed time last night. Think they were going to try to get to Cleveland, Oh and see a niece an find a hotel. I'll be glad when they are here tonight safe and sound.

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday! Will check back later!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-10-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #118

off to a bad start.

i was forced to cancel my session with the personal trainer. The buses (or rather lack of them)sabotaged my plans. I was originally supposed to walk there. But the walk I did yesterday left me totally shaggers. Next time, I will make it for a slightly later time, amd get up earlier. This will allow me to saturate myself with caffeine, and do the 2 hr walk. Frustrations like this formerly caused a binging delirium. Not anymore. I will have a late breakfast or lunch at the neighborhood diner, then go over to SHOPRITE to restock my liquids. IT AINT EASY BEING ME. FF
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

FF, sorry your session with the trainer yesterday didn't work out but wonderful you didn't let it derail you! You are a great example for us to just take things in our stride!

DD and family arrived from Missouri about 1am this morn. A short night for us all. I am on the way to get Mom up and sister will take care of her the rest of the day. We may go to the river today for them to swim. It's going to be 90 later on. (65 right now)

Cooking drumsticks on the grill tonight!

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-11-2011 at 01:30 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RosieMay
Stats: 233/218/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/9/2014 Restart
Looks like everyone is keeping up well in the Blitz. I have returned to exercise finally. I can only start one thing at a time lol. I have been back to Zumba and my friend and I also bought these beautiful new bicycles and road about 18-20 miles this weekend. The hills were a killer. Can't wait until those get easier. But it was a lot of fun. Have a good week everyone and keep up the good work.
Closed Thread