Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
just got back from NJ & Staten Island.

I am going to boast...sorry!!! I could have been a poster boy for ATKINS & WW.. I ate very well. Kept each day quite under 20 net carbs. AND. I was a saint as to portion control. It is about staying focused, and remembering what it is all about. I sat on a chair at my cousin's bbq. This table had a bowl of cheese doodles. I LOVE cheese doodles. It might have been fertilizer for all i care. I looked at it, of course. But I did not consume 1 doodle. That is how the weekend went. Tomorrow, I will walk in the direction of the gym. Then, when my feet feel they have done enough, we will take the bus the rest of the way. Any kind of life-style change fills me with dread, even when it is good for me, even if there is a chance i might actually enjoy it, i am still apprehensive. Let us see how we can deal with future social occasions, especially when there is all kinds of food about. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarberLisa
Stats: 188.6/186.6/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 14, 2011
Okay! I've done good today:

B- Egg cream (4 eggs, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk)
L- Egg cream (4 eggs, 1 tbsp flax oil, freeze dried acai, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk)
D- 3 scrambled eggs w/ 1 tbsp butter and 2 servings mozzerella cheese, 1 serving pepperoni

=Approx 1530 calories, 5 carbs

I remembered to take all my vitamins (one of my goals), and I've so far had a little over 8cups of water. I still have another 4cups of water I want to drink before bed. I also bought some Diet Mountain Dew to have as a "snack" in the evenings. I usually don't drink soda but I figured looking as that as a treat could help in the evenings, besides my chocolate flavored tea. If I'm still hungry, I'll have another serving of pepperoni.

I'm thinking about buying an ice cream maker at Walmart so I can try to make my own ice cream with coconut milk. I would love to experiment making my own chocolate coconut milk ice cream.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Lisa. Let us know if you buy an ice cream maker and make your coconut milk ice cream. I would be interested.

Gibby, YAHOO, you are doing fantastic.

Me, been off plan, not too bed, but off plan regardless. Tomorrow, back on.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, glad you are back and that you were so strong not even having one cheese doodle. I am sending some courage your way as you nervously head for your life style change at the gym!

Welcome Lisa! Wishing you much success! I love your statement at the end of your posts about wishing a year from now that you had started today. How many times have I done that over the years!

Tony, Mom had a good time at the parade. The gatoraide seems to have pepped her up some. Maybe she was low in potassium or some other electrolyte? Are you going to be able to check in some on your 10 day rv trip to Nashville? We hope so.

Our daughter, son-in-law and 4 grandchildren are coming Sunday from Missouri. We are so excited because we weren't sure they could make it this year. Am busy buying groceries, cleaning etc. Not enough hours in the day!

Hope all the new people are having good days and will check in later. Also miss hearing from Jenny and Beth.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Today is the start of day three, and I'm down 2.2lbs from yesterday morning's weigh in. I ate mostly eggs, and I'm going to do the same for today. I also have a good amount of energy. I couldn't fall asleep until after 10PM and I woke up before 3AM. I see a nap in my future for today.

Since the holiday weekend is over, I'm headed back to the gym this morning. I'm going to aim for 30 min-60 min of cardio. I haven't been good at sticking to cardio recently, but I know I lose more weight with cardio mixed in.

I'll check in later.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Morning All!!

I am down another 1.6 pounds this morning! Sitting at 151. This is great as I am now only 2.4 pounds away from my lowest weight a couple of weeks ago. I am happy to see my Italy weight leaving my body and hope to see a little more fall off with it in the coming weeks. I am also glad that going off plan doesn't mean a long term binge anymore.

It's just too great having a nice new body and any food is just not worth ruining that for right now.

Also I never really set a goal for this blitz yet.

My stretch goal for the 30th September would be to get to 130. That would mean I need to lose 21 pounds from now.

My non-stretch goal is to be at 135 which would make it 16 pounds. I lost around 16 pounds last blitz which included a holiday so maybe this is possible.

I am going on Holiday for two weeks at the very end of this blitz on the 16th of September so I guess I want to be at goal then as holidays as usually when I stand still or gain a little so I will aim for that.

I do have a big incentive to get down to the 130s though because I will be going to a big family wedding in Israel for my holiday and seeing a lot of family and friends from home there and I know how great it'll be to look fabulous for that. In addition there will be lots of beach time which means a bathing suit so weighing a bit less for that would be nice too.

Ok. Sorry for the rant but I think it's a good idea for me to set a blitz goal as it'll keep up my motivation.

Hope you all are recovered from your long weekend in the USA you lucky things!!

155: 05/15/2011
150: 06/07/2011
145:
140:
135:
130:
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi guys,
happy to see everyone doing so well!...

lisa, thanks for the info on flaxseed oil...

ff, i'm VERY proud of you - good luck with another lifestyle change...

bec, i'm so happy your pounds are dropping like flies :-)

abi, not sure of my internet access, so i may be off-line for 10 days or so...

ff, take good care of my harem while i'm gone - oops, did i say my harem??? ;-)

vicki, get back on that horse while i'm gone...

love you guys!...i'll be back before you know it! :-)
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flawesome
Stats: starting weight:235lbs/current:232lbs/goal:154lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 24, 2012
Hi all! I finally dropped 1/2 a pound yesterday, after gaining the last two days. I hope I am going back downward! I realize that I stall when I don't eat fat. Yesterday, I made sure I ate quite a bit of fat, and it's melting back off again today. My secret? Low carb pizza. with very little cheese. I don't know why, but I drop weight like crazy when I eat those!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Becin and flawesome, KUTGW
Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi folks, and welcome new Blitzers!!

Well, Saturday morning was a new low for me 197.5 but I admit to a dessert indulgence on Sat. night (what was I thinking?!?!?!) and then a few more off-plan items yesterday (Amstel Lights and a bit over-eating even tho it was all LC)......but all 3 days I went to gym for cardio & arm exercises so.....I'll be back to that number and LESS by the weekend, I promise!!!

FF - congrats on avoiding the crap cheetoos things. Ever read the ingredients? Ecchhhh! It gets easier, and kudos to you on your choice to avoid!

Erin - I started on Rosedale Diet, read the book and did well on it. He makes a lot of sense when it comes to good fats, limited protein,etc...do the induction as long as you can, you will feel great!!! Doesn't feel like a diet, and it has really curbed my raging hunger pangs. The correlation of insulin and leptin is very convincing to me. I was pre-diabetic before, now my blood sugar is in healthy range, yay!

Flawesome - yup eating the good fat is fine and helps one feel satiated! Great start!

Bec- oh how cool to shop and dine in Milano, and you had a great time and now you're chipping away at the "fun" pounds, great job!! I hear ya on the Blitz Goal, so keep us posted on your progress as it is very inspiring. I am going to shoot for 20 by the end of Sept. too.

Lisa - hi and welcome. The egg cream, is that just mixed up like a milkshake? Sounds yummy!

Marilee---great news on the 288, keep going down!! And the shorts too, isn't it great, these private victories!!

Abi, Vicki, Tony, Squigg, the rest of ya, hello and have a good week!
Nancy
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Saw a good low carb cartoon in the paper last week - well I took it the low carb way.

It is called "Dustin" and he is an out of work adult living with his parents.

He and his mother are at the food court and he comments on how much water his mother is drinking. She replies that water is a "natural appetite suppressant."

He then says to her,"so is a quarter-pounder with cheese." Of course I agree with him, minus the bun!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Hi folks, and welcome new Blitzers!!

Well, Saturday morning was a new low for me 197.5 but I admit to a dessert indulgence on Sat. night (what was I thinking?!?!?!) and then a few more off-plan items yesterday (Amstel Lights and a bit over-eating even tho it was all LC)......but all 3 days I went to gym for cardio & arm exercises so.....I'll be back to that number and LESS by the weekend, I promise!!!

FF - congrats on avoiding the crap cheetoos things. Ever read the ingredients? Ecchhhh! It gets easier, and kudos to you on your choice to avoid!

Erin - I started on Rosedale Diet, read the book and did well on it. He makes a lot of sense when it comes to good fats, limited protein,etc...do the induction as long as you can, you will feel great!!! Doesn't feel like a diet, and it has really curbed my raging hunger pangs. The correlation of insulin and leptin is very convincing to me. I was pre-diabetic before, now my blood sugar is in healthy range, yay!

Flawesome - yup eating the good fat is fine and helps one feel satiated! Great start!

Bec- oh how cool to shop and dine in Milano, and you had a great time and now you're chipping away at the "fun" pounds, great job!! I hear ya on the Blitz Goal, so keep us posted on your progress as it is very inspiring. I am going to shoot for 20 by the end of Sept. too.

Lisa - hi and welcome. The egg cream, is that just mixed up like a milkshake? Sounds yummy!

Marilee---great news on the 288, keep going down!! And the shorts too, isn't it great, these private victories!!

Abi, Vicki, Tony, Squigg, the rest of ya, hello and have a good week!
Nancy
Yes. You would just toss the eggs and what you want in a blender. Comes out tasting really good. I once made a really good drink that tasted a bit like a chocolate milk. If I remember correctly, I used 2tbsp coconut milk, unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and some pumpkin with stevia. It comes out really creamy, and tastes better when it's extra cold.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
True confession time - I couldn't stand it any more. I've been fighting two cravings for over a week and I succombed. Mexican food and ice cream. So, I will get what I get on the scales. The good news is, I can now go for quite a while before I get those gain. I just couldn't face another chicken breast for lunch.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I know what you mean. Sometimes you just have to get it over with like I did the fudge at Christmas. Tomorrow is a fresh start. You are going to do this!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #75

well, i finally put my $$$ where my mouth is!!!

i signed up at the gym today. i will get a free consultation from a real personal trainer on sunday....8 am. He will help me develop a circuit of cardio/weight training, so i can do my huffing, puffing, and grunting. Until then, i will do what walking i can. Today, my feet were most generous with me. I was able to do over 2 hrs worth of walking. I am doing another biggie tomorrow, after work. Y'all are really committed to doing your own plans, and doing it very well. I think we will have the best Blitz yet. Those of us who have accepted the 100 lb challenge...do not forget to check in with that post. It is (or was)in the Playground part of LCS. Oh, btw Tony, it is neither your harem, nor my harem, but OUR harem. I can't do it alone,bro; I am getting too old. FF
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
i signed up at the gym today. i will get a free consultation from a real personal trainer on sunday....8 am. He will help me develop a circuit of cardio/weight training, so i can do my huffing, puffing, and grunting. Until then, i will do what walking i can. Today, my feet were most generous with me. I was able to do over 2 hrs worth of walking. I am doing another biggie tomorrow, after work. Y'all are really committed to doing your own plans, and doing it very well. I think we will have the best Blitz yet. Those of us who have accepted the 100 lb challenge...do not forget to check in with that post. It is (or was)in the Playground part of LCS. Oh, btw Tony, it is neither your harem, nor my harem, but OUR harem. I can't do it alone,bro; I am getting too old. FF
What ff, you mean you can't handle all of the estrogen here
Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everbody! Hope you all have a good plan day today!

My brother from Georgia is visiting Mom for a couple of days. He brought an old laptop for her and I got her fixed up with internet. She can't use the computer but we can show her photos the family sends and read her e-mails and facebook comments. She is fascinated by it all. I like it because it gives me more time to pop in here other than 3:30 am!

Nikki, is the low carb pizza you eat one that you make yourself or you find them at the grocery store? Sounds good.

Had leftover ribs yesterday for two meals. Just tried to rinse off the sauce the best I could. Still having a problem with the nuts but not as bad as the other day.

Nancy, are you still on the Rosedale diet or more your own plan now?

FF, two hours of walking is terrific. Anxious to find out how your first session on Sunday goes. We'll be thinking about you!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:18 AM   #78

thanks, Abigale...much appreciated.

i will keep y'all in my thoughts with each huff, puff, and grunt. I bought a can of sardines in water yesterday. I have not eaten a sardine in 1/2 a century. the AFFORDABLE ones in oil, are all soybeen oil. the ones in olive oil, well i would rather put THAT money into steak. I did not even look to see if i need a can opener. As a child, they came with a key attached, which removed one side of the square tin. I really hope I like it. it so loaded with omega 3 fats. I suppose with some tomato, onion, and what not on low carb toast it will be fine. This a.m. I am justifiably hungry. i had 8 oz of HEBREW NATIONAL salami at 7 pm (4 gr total)with some deli mustard (Nathans). Nothing solid since. Tuna for bkfst, today on low carb toast. Lunch will be something from the cafeteria. For dinner, i will experiment with ONE porkchop instead of the usual 3. i will slice it thinly, and add it to a veggie stirfry. Who said PORTION CONTROL is easy? It really takes firm commitment, AND with any lifestyle change, fills me with apprehension. I so much want to be quite happy eating less and being satisfied with less. That would be most profitable. If, for example, i could make a 3 pack of pork chops last for 3 meals, instead of 1, that would be true profits, as my latinum would last longer, and shine brighter than the stars. My lobes are tingling at the very thought of it. FF
Old 07-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Today I'm down to 169.8lbs, which is a drop of 1.2lbs since yesterday's weigh in.

I remembered to take all my vitamins, and I only managed a little over 8cups of water and not my usual 12cups. I only did a 20 minute workout vs the 30-60 minutes I'm trying to work up to. I ended up forgetting to take my flax oil. I DID give in to a craving I've had for the last few days for ice cream (and even went to Coldstone Creamery). I figured that since it had been three days and I was still craving it, that I might as well have it and then move on. As much as I want to be strict with LC, I know that if I don't occasionally give into a craving that I'll more than likely binge until I get it. In this case, that didn't happen and I feel fully satisfied. From my experience, I don't have weigh gaining issues if I occasionally cheat. I remember last year when I restarted LC, I had two slices of pizza for lunch and dinner and I woke up the next day with no gain and they were HUGE slices of pizza with a ton of sodium. It didn't show on the scale days later, but I actually lost more weight that week. I've learned to realize that it can sometimes be a good thing for me.

So I'm back to mostly eggs for the day. My goal is to get to 165lbs by Sunday's weigh in, and so far I'm headed in the right direction. I have 4.8lbs to lose. I'm sure what I'm losing now is water weight. I def don't feel as bloated as I've been before I started on Sunday.

One thing I'm trying to work on is my work out motivation. I thought by joining a 6 week boot camp at my gym that I'd be more motivated, and I seem to be lacking more than actually being motivated. I go three times a week for an hour. I figured that way I'm atleast forcing myself to work out three days a week since I've been lazy lately. I used to be a gymaholic and now I can't even force my lazy butt to even make it to the gym. I have a ton of workout videos, but I just moved into an upper apartment and the noise of me working out will annoy my downstairs neighbors. So I'm going to try and focus on kicking my butt outta bed in the morning and getting it done.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

ARGH up 5 lbs 196.8 for off plan eating. Now, back on.

WTG Stars, you will be at 165 in no time.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #81

money matters

for those of u who no longer wish to see the scale bounce up and down, i have a thought. How about depositing an amount of money you can not afford to lose with someone u trust till the end of this blitz (sept 30).Payable back to you ONLY after a significant scale victory It might provide the jolt you need to stay on course. Just a thought. FF
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flawesome
Stats: starting weight:235lbs/current:232lbs/goal:154lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 24, 2012
I had a massive weight loss!! From 182 yesterday to 177 today!!

OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
ARGH up 5 lbs 196.8 for off plan eating. Now, back on.

WTG Stars, you will be at 165 in no time.

I splurged yesterday and I'm up, too! I'm going to go on mainenance for a week until I get my mojo back.....
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawesome View Post
I had a massive weight loss!! From 182 yesterday to 177 today!!

OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH

Yowza!!!!! That's awesome....if it rubs off, can I touch you?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #85

ditto on touching u flawsome....

whether it rubs off or not. That is quite a drop. I am due for one myself. Hopefully at tomorrow's weigh-in. FF
Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Flawesome - congrats on your huge loss, keep it up! That's amazing!!

Stars - You too! Great Job, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to weigh your weight! Once you start going to the gym, and you give it 3-4 visits and make the time to do it, it will become easier and part of your routine...

Abi - yes, I guess am mostly following Rosedale as I eat a lot of low glycemic veg, and believe in the omega 3/polyunsaturated fat vs. saturated fat, and the limit on protein. I think I have beef or pork just once a week, the rest is chicken,fish, eggs. The only dairy I'm eating is a little goat cheese in salads and weekend omelets. Ah but I am human, and I had some carrot cake and cocktails over the long weekend, which put a few lbs. back on......

FF - that's great you starting at the gym and with a personal trainer to point you in the right direction!!!

Marilee - that was a small splurge, and you got it out of your system ...I hate having something on my mind that preoccupies me, right now it is pretty blank of "food wants" which is a good thing!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Nancy, I am trying to learn more about the omega 6 versus omega 3's. I think nuts are high in O 6's which is another reason I hate to get into them again.

Wow, Nikki! That is a terrific whoosh!

Hi Lisa! What sort of things do they do at a boot camp?
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!!

I am happily down another 2.5 pounds today! How insane is that! That makes it 6.1 pounds since Sunday!!

It's freakish and awesome. I have been eating super duper induction clean and drinking over 100oz of water every day.

Thing is today I had lots of SF Gum and 2 diet sodas. I hope it doesn't stuff me up too bad! I was in the office and it was one of those days! AHH!!

Obviously this weight loss won't continue much longer but I am super glad to be back in the 180s and only 1.1 pound away from my lowest low about 10 or so days ago.

Congrats flawesome on the massive loss!!

Let's hope these losses rub off on the rest of the blitzers!!

Til Tomorrow,
Becca
Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Oops! My maths is bad! I meant that I am down 1.5 today but still makes a total of 6.1 since sunday! YAY Anyway!!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
for those of u who no longer wish to see the scale bounce up and down, i have a thought. How about depositing an amount of money you can not afford to lose with someone u trust till the end of this blitz (sept 30).Payable back to you ONLY after a significant scale victory It might provide the jolt you need to stay on course. Just a thought. FF
Now that is something to think about.
Closed Thread