Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, i'm with abi on the clothes - you'll be tossing them by the end of the year!...i know it...

hi abi, i hope the iron supplements work too - i remember those geritol ads when i was a kid...can't believe i am old enough to probably benefit from that stuff already!...i bet you have a lot of fun hanging out with your mom, even though i am sure it is not always easy...what you are doing for her is such a wonderful example for all of us - thanks for being such a generous, loving person and sharing that spirit with us every day... :-)

for some reason, a runny yoke cascading over a burger sounds like a tasty combination - although i admit that a few of ff's previous concoctions have caused my facial muscles to contract...love ya, buddy!

the grilled chicken halves were soooooo good!...the rub was salty and i ate more chicken than anything else this week - also had a small cob of corn - and that was it for the night...stopped eating at 7:45...i do feel better the next morning when i do not eat late the night before...i think the portion and the salt will cause an uptick in weight today - we'll see how much after 4 days of significant water loss...

abi, i caved and turned the heat on last night!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 09-17-2011 at 03:40 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, I know what you mean. Why should I keep beating myself up when the clothes don't fit well. I should feel attractive by wearing clothes that fit regardless of how much I weigh. That should help the mind-set as you said and hopefully I will want to treat myself better mentally and physically.

I just went back and read the past few days worth of posts better. I hadn't really read them due to the business of the past couple of days.

Marilee-I hate it when I do those binges too and thanks for pointing out the new smileys. We are partners in the ever ending battle. I agree with ff about the guilt. I can attest to that.

ff-I love your posts, KUTGW guy

Tony-I am glad to hear you say that more frequent posts will help accountability.

We have a busy weekend, volunteering today all day and tomorrow soccer games all day.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 09-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Short post - Tony, we caved and turned the heat on last night too. lol I feel like such a wus.

Thanks for all the replies. You guys keep me laughing. Your reactions to FF's food combinations, the reference to geritol. Boy that brought back great memories. When my immediate supervisor turned 40 back in my days at the box plant I had the geritol ready for him plus alot of other fun stuff to rub it in. The next year I turned 40 and he had the grim reaper arrive at the front desk with a bouquet of black balloons and the most horrible dirge. There was also more geritol and plaster of paris to use for makeup. We did have some fun in the middle of the stress Marilee but not enough.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #724
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Greetings Hewmon Blitz VIers

I have some interesting news: PCB- which stands for Portion Control Blitz. Please see the MAIN BOARD for the details. I think it is quite exciting. There is nothing else in the closets that fit right now, which is what led me, for the first time in over a year, to measure my waist. The rest is in the other thread. btw what does KUTGW stand for? It is neither Klingon, Romulan, Vulcan, Andorian or Breen, and certainly not FERENGHI. FF
Old 09-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #725

Tony, do not even ask what i enjoyed eating

on my home world. I think I would gag after all these years of no Ferenghi delicacies...well maybe not. If I do not say it often enough, I would never have made it w/o u guys. One Troll does not Blitz make. FF
Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys!...hope everyone had a great saturday...

ff, i watch star trek, so i am well-aware of what you eat - most of it slithers...

abi, heat's on again tonight...kinda depressing that colder weather is already settling in...where did the summer go???

vicki, i'm betting on you, kid...

the salt brought me up to 215 this morning and i had a good day eating today, but too much salt tonight...i will be flushing all day tomorrow and monday so i do not gain over the 214.2 by tuesday morning...then off to nashville - my second official weigh-in next week will be on sunday rather than friday...should be an interesting week!...
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone this morning?...there's an echo in here!...lol...

well, the scale didn't penalize me today for the salting yesterday, but from history i know i might pay for it over the next few days - i'll drink tons of water and hope it helps - i'm still at 215, but have at least .8 lbs. to lose in the next 2 days...

i haven't eaten yet today - just drank 24 oz. of water and took my veeta-vita-vegimins and acv...

it will be a "leftover" eating day today - have three kinds of chicken in the fridge and some veggies and fruit...i'll decide as i go along...

we were in rhode island yesterday where i grew up, and the kids wanted pizza so we got a bunch of high carb stuff from the pizza bakery (pepper biscuits, calzones, etc.) which is laying all over the house now, but i'm committed to staying away from it...a lot easier today than it was a week ago...

i'll be back in a bit...

Last edited by tony8; 09-18-2011 at 10:29 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, KUTGW - Keep Up The Good Work! Does your food really slither on your home planet? I guess eggs running down the sides of your burgers is pretty tame. Am really running late today but will read the posts on the Main Board in a minute.

Tony, wasn't that the brand of vitamins on the old Lucy show. So funny! Terrific you did not give on to all those Italian temptations. I don't know if I would be that strong. Wish I had some leftovers to have for dinner. Must swing by grocery store on way back to Mom's. Have no ideas for DH's dinner. Me, I can eat chopped live if I have to.

Had my usual scrambled eggs and bacon at the country club this morning. That's it so far. Am drinking a bottle of water but don't know If I will get much more than that in before it is too late to drink in the day for me.

Will drop back in a little later.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, I thought the glucomannen sounded interesting so looked it up on wickipedia. It did say not to take it just before bed and take it with at least 8 oz of water to prevent choking. I guess with stuff that expands when you mix it with liquids you want to drink enough to get it to go all the way to the stomach. Don't want anything to happen to you!!

Your plan for the next two weeks sounds very good. Know what you mean about wanting something low carb and low cal to keep from getting hungry when you cut back on portions. The Swiss Miss has always been something that has been a big help to you. Good thinking!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

printed twice. deleted this one.

Last edited by Abigale; 09-18-2011 at 11:08 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, good catch - i was using the term from "i love lucy" :-) i always used that when i tried to get my son to take his morning children's vitamin...btw, it's 8:30 and i'm still drinking...i'll have to stop soon...

about 40 minutes to curfew and it has been a good day...

today was basically a grazing day hanging around the house, but i kept it all on plan...drank a ton of water too - since we were on the road yesterday, i did not drink too much...

had some veggies and a couple of different kinds of leftover chicken...avoided all the italian goodies - not easy, but i'm trying to avoid a restriction on tuesday - this new plan is definitely affecting my behavior!...
Old 09-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #732
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, I found a mayo recipe off of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations: I haven't tried it yet. but will when I get the oil.

Ingredients:

2 Eggs yolks
1/4 Tsp Mustard Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh (this needs to be fresh)
1 Cup oil (Macadamia Oil works best)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Process:

Place Egg yolks, mustard powder, and lemon juice in blender or food processor and start running on low.
Once mixed slowly start dripping your oil in
I drip 1 Tbsp of oil at a time and let it mix for at least a minute
As you continue to add your oil, it will emulsify but continue to add slowly so you don't break it
Once your mayonnaise is done, then you can hand mix in any herbs or spices you need like cumin, rosemary, thyme or anything you can come up with
Old 09-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, thanks for the recipe. I haven't seen any macadamia nut oil around here but will keep my eyes open. Let me know how it tastes when you do make it. I put my name on a waiting list on Amazon for a mayo from a company that uses a combination of olive oil, flax oil and I think Macadamia oil. It probably is super expensive so don't know if I will order it when it comes back in stock or not.

Need to head for Vermont so will post more later when the rest of you wake up. lol
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm up, abi...already did my exercises :-)

hope everyone had a good weekend and is feeling strong to start the new week!...

i am feeling great - much better than where i was a week ago...it's amazing how much good can come from a change in attitude...trying to stay at or below 214.2 for tomorrow's official weigh-in to avoid a penalty...

then it is off to nashville and the challenge to lose while being around all that southern comfort food...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #735

if it is any comfort, Tony....

pork rinds are southern. Back in the 70s, i used to see them in evey motel vending machine south of the Mason-Dixon line. At that time, i had no idea why anyone would want them. i know different now. And yes, my food DID/DOES slither, but I am not there to partake of it. Heart of Targ (a Klingon import)was a favorite chew. I am succeeding in my caffeine cut down. Whatever size coffee i have, I see to it that it is 1/2 decaf. All that caffeine was starting to affect me in an unpleasant way. The weekend was very challenging with the new PCB parameters i set for myself. Once this month is over, i will ease up a tad, on days off from work only. I hope everyone stayed on plan this weekend. I walked around all day Sat & Sun in a T-shirt and my drab olive pants. I did not need a jacket. I am glad though that i take about 2000 + mg of vitamin C. It is included in my multi and b complex vitamin supplements. I think it has cut down on colds, and change of weather periods like now. I did only 10 minutes and 28 seconds on the treadmill yesterday. My new casette walkman and new batteries did not work on the treadmill. I will use the cd walkman instead. there is not enough volume on it (for the music I listen to to drown out the excessive noise coming from the gym loudspeaker. So after the walk from the gym to the bakery, I walked from 83rd St down to 50th St. As u may have guessed they go by the #s. So, outside the treadmill, that walk, and some mini-walks theroughout the day, i still got in at least 2 miles. That was okay. FF
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm kicking both of your plans in my head to see what would work for me. I like the idea of two specific days for weigh-ins Tony. I could never stop weighing every day but usually if the scaled is up a couple I say well it will probably drop back down tomorrow. So I never make any head way. And I like your portion control, FF. As I have said before I like to eat and don't weigh or measure anything. So at 5' 2" I am eating too many calories. I am keeping my Fast Five set up for most of the time, eating between around 12:30 and 5:30 because if I don't I am thinking all the time what will I eat next. I need that 5 hour parameter. I'll do some plugging my food and drinks into ****** like I used to and maybe come up with some plan for me by 12:30 when it is time to have some lunch.

Tony, have a safe and productive trip to Nashville tomorrow.

FF, do you know if they fry the pork rinds in just pork fat or if they use some vegetable oil? I have always liked pork rinds although have not eaten any lately. I sometimes have put cheddar cheese on them and nuked them a little. Then sprinkled them with hot sauce over the top. Not bad.The bag in the pantry says just fried pork rinds and salt. Hopefully they fry them in pork fat. Don't need any more omega 6.

Last edited by Abigale; 09-19-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, two miles is a very healthy and ambitious accomplishment - kudos...and i'm happy your PCB seems like something that might help for a couple of weeks...i think we have all found it is important to mix things up once in a while...

abi, i'm sure you will come up with something that will work for you...for better or worse, we are all different and need different incentives to help us get to our goal...what i had been doing, worked for a long time and then didn't work anymore and i was too complacent to change it...

when i saw 221 on the scale last monday, it was the kick in the butt i needed and made a stricter plan more palatable...i reserve the right to change the plan once i hit 1derland, but not before, unless it is to make it more restrictive...

i guess i was just too happy being kinda fat instead of really fat :-) today i weighed in at 214.8 - down .2 lbs. from yesterday, but still .6 lbs. heavier than my last "official" weigh-in on friday...under my old plan, i am hungry today and would have eaten more calories than i should...but because i know i need to drop .6 lbs. by early tomorrow morning, i will TRY to be VERY good today and eat as little as possible so i don't have to impose a restriction before i leave for nashville...

it's not for everyone, but i believe that by pushing for regular, steady decreases (even small ones as i only need to lose .2 lbs. per week!), i will get to my goal...

so far today:
b: hb egg
l: will be either an apple or a banana and 5 almonds
s: whichever fruit i don't eat for lunch
d: ????? maybe salad with tuna

may grill steak for the kids and taste it but red meat always causes me to gain in the short term and i can't afford that tomorrow morning!

Last edited by tony8; 09-19-2011 at 09:04 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I like the pushing for regular, steady decreases. It seems so doable. I have never paid any attention to the decimal points on my scale. If It said 135. 9 I said I was 135. Going to start keeping track of what it says after the decimal point.

I plugged in some possible meals today with what I have on hand. Cooked the ground beef up and measured it out for two servings. Will also measure the brocolli and the sour cream for dinner. Am drinking cup 2 of water and will try very hard to drink 2 or 3 more this afternoon. Did not measure my cream out for coffee but will do that starting tomorrow. I consume alot of calories with my coffee and cream and need to be accountable for those too.

Marilee and Vicki, how is it going for you this Monday? Hope you feel like you have gone to a spa this week Marilee being away from work!

Wonder if we will hear from atemis today? Hope she had a good trip to Nashville.

May post again later if I am feeling hungry.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #739

hungry, but not intolerably so.

i really want to focus on a beautiful recording by Andrea Bocelli entitled SENTIMENTO. I recommend it. Keep a kleenex handy for the 3rd selection. One thing i guarantee. U will not be lusting for food listening to this. It has the texts and English translations. FF
Old 09-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, this is the first scale i've ever owned with decimal points...i like 'em...sounds like you have a good handle on your menu...i find that it is VERY easy to underestimate the number of calories i eat on snacks and thoughtless grabs for food - or i WAS before my new plan...

ff, i don't think that recording would curb my appetite...i'm kinda hungry...

l: a few cut-up pieces of grilled chicken - maybe 2 ounces
s: smallish, greenish banana
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I am done eating for the day. After 6pm I don't eat any more and usually don't have a big problem with this. I am busy driving to Mom's, getting her ready for bed and then driving back to New Hampshire. I dive into bed by 8:30 and don't think about food until about 5am. My big problem is usually the mid afternoon time. I have had my most downfalls during that time. Today has gone pretty well. I stuck with the calories and choices I made on ****** this morning and have had 6 cups of water. Will do a weigh in tomorrow and then give a big effort to be down some on Friday.

FF, I went to YouTube and looked up Andrea Bocelli and Sentimento. They had an interview with him and Lorin Maazel the violinist with some short snipits of the music. It was just lovely. I can see why you just love it.

Tony, hope that small greenish banana agrees with you. Hope you can check in with us this week but if not we will hold down the fort.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #742
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all, doing good so far. Eating chicken and vegetable soup tonight for supper and made my big bowl of salad to eat off of for the rest of the week.

Tony, your 221 was your kick in the butt, maybe my size 16 will kick me in the butt. Actually, it felt good to have real pants on that zip and snap today instead of "stretch" knit pants.

Abi, Fast Five, is that where you just eat in that five hour time frame?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, congrats on the pants and the menu... ;-) good to see you posting, kid...

abi, i think your approaching this in the right way...identifying where your weaknesses are and strategizing on how to overcome them is really the only way to succeed - i think...obviously we all have certain weaknesses with regard to food, and this ain't easy...i'm proud of you for working so hard at it...

dinner was about 3 oz. of steak on the grill (that took willpower!), steamed broccoli with a sprinkle of parmesan and olive oil and salad with tuna...quite a bit of water too...hopefully, i will not be over 214.2 in the morning...

have to get up really early to catch my flight...i will try to check in while i am away...i'm sure i will be able to here and there...stay strong!!!...love you guys... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 09-19-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Vicki! Yes, Fast Five is eating in a 5 hour window. There is a free e-book you can download if you go to their site. If you don't take in any calories outside the window you will start to lose in about 3 weeks. My problem is coffee with cream. It gives me energy early in the day between the cafeine and the fat in the cream so I am not going to lose unless I cut the calories and watch the carbs. It was discovered by a Dr. by accident and is tied into insulin and how it is released.

On the pants that zip, I agree they definitely feel more slimming than the stretch pull ons.

Tony, limiting myself to just 3oz of steak would be pure torture. I could live on steak. Good for you and good luck on the weigh in this morning.

I was down a pound this morning. It was from the water I drank yesterday and I went easy on the salt. Now Friday may be another story. Hoping I will show a partial real pound of fat gone by then!

I had a cup of ground beef for lunch,a cup of ground beef for dinner with a cup of brocolli and 1/2 cup sour cream dip, several cups of coffee during the day with about a 1/2 cup of cream total and 1 tbl of coconut oil. I think I ended up drinking 5 or 6 cups of water.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-20-2011 at 02:16 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #745

more good news in the classical scene.

The NY Philharmonic opens its new season tomorrow, and will be broadcast on PBS tomorrow evening at 7:30pm and WQXR FM 105.9 & wqxr.org. There will be Wagner & Richard Strauss. I am drooling already. Now they predict showers in the NE on Saturday as well. So there go my plans for A.C. this weekend. Next window of opportunity will be Oct 9, or 10. On Fri Sept 23, it is the birthday of the God Augustus (63 bc, in the consulship of Cicero, and
G. Antonius, the uncle of the (in)famous Marc Antony). I am off that day, so i will bring the goodies in the day before. As time precludes my getting to THE BAKERY, there will be no goodies for me. i will enjoy a SWISS MISS hot chocolate with a liberal shpritz of whipped cream. Perhaps, as a tribute to the God Augustus, I will spring. JUST THIS ONCE, for the Land o Lakes sugar free whipped cream at twice the price. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #746

PCB IS ENDED!!!

In all the Wagner/Strauss excitement, i forgot to mention it. It wasn't working for me. Better to pull out now, than over hunger myself into an endless binge cycle. I will go back to what works: OWL at 30 gr a day, and staying with my WW points parameters. Now i appreciate it even more. I will take my waist measurements at year's end. FF
Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, I change my approach week by week. We might as well do what we can live with. I'm feeling pretty hungry with what I am allowing myself so may not continue what I am doing either. I will finish out today and decide on a daily basis if I can keep it up.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I'm back! Can't even begin to describe how the past few days have been for me! Definitely not good for the diet and exercise regimen!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey artemis! So glad you are back. I'm sure the stress of the move and having to be on the road for hours was hard on you. Each day should get a little easier and as you get moving on your C25K the eating will get back to normal. When do you start the new job?

Yesterday was certainly harder than the day before. I managed to stick to my food choices and amounts except for a cheese stick during a craving period in the afternoon. Had two cups of ground beef, a cup of brocolli, a half a cup of sour cream dip, coffee with 1 tbl of coconut oil and a half a cup of cream total for the day in my coffee. like to see at least 1/2 pound loss by Friday If I can keep to this plan. Don't know, it is pretty strict. We'll see.

FF, is Friday your birthday too? If so have a great one and enjoy your swiss miss tomorrow and your day off Friday.

Marilee, are you relaxing this week while you are off work? I heard on the news yesterday it was 105 in Phoenix! Will it every cool off for good there?

Vicki do you make your own vegetable soup? How complicated is that?

Have a great Tuesday all and I will check in later!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-21-2011 at 02:22 AM..
Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #750

FRIDAY IS THE BIRTHDAY OF THE GOD AUGUSTUS.

It is more important for mr than my own birthday. Also, it is the 1st day of autumn. Two for the price of 1. Regrettably it will be raining Fri & Sat. Ergo no Atlantic city this coming weekend. There will be ample opportunities. I will be getting some much needed rest. I will see to it that i do not spend both days totally in the house. That would be a huge mistake. I hope Nashville brings u joy, Artemis, as it has countless others. Make sure to see the Parthenon in its original splendor. It is somewhere in or near Nashville. Of course I have seen the original. I am assuming u will be most busy settling in. New house, New city, New motivation. go get 'em. !!! FF
Closed Thread