Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, i just cried a river!!!...that is so so sad!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Just checking in - another wonderfully stressful week at work. I've gained a couple of pounds so I'm bummed. I will watch what I eat strictly and see if I can get back down.

I'll get caught up on posts later.

TTYL
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Artemis, Those voice automated responses are enough to throw the phone a cross the room. Where are you moving to? You don't need to be specific, how far away from where you are now?

Abi, I have tried mayo made with flax oil and I don't think it really resembles mayo in store either. Flax has a strong flavor to it.

I too am bummed about the wt gain. I tried on pants I had worn this past May to fiance's mother's funeral, and they don't fit! I am trying to say the mantra . . . nothing tastes as good as being thin feels . . . nothing tastes as good etc.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, i missed ya, girl...if anyone knows how to drop those 2 lbs., you do...you'll be skinny again by friday :-)

vicki, i know the feeling - my jeans have been feeling tighter, but i am absolutely refusing to let it get worse than it is...none of this is easy, is it? - that's why i need this place and all you guys!... :-)

so, a couple of hours after the banana for lunch, i was hungry and my sons were getting sandwiches, so i had them get me a small order of grilled chicken - the meal, not sandwich...it was very good - a bit salty - i ate about 1/3 of the order and gave the rest to my son...that was at about 3:30...

now it is less than an hour til curfew and i am right on the edge...not so hungry that i have to eat, but i know i will be hungry after curfew if i don't eat something...i think i'll try to wait it out until 8:45 and eat something if i'm really hungry...

i am also gonna try to drink another 20 oz. of water before 9 and then stop for the night...

i love waking up in the morning after a day where i have been really disciplined - unfortunately, that happens far too infrequently...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, at 8:45 i opted for two celery stalks dipped in red pepper hummus and 20 oz. of water...healthy and filling...i feel satisfied and will be fine til the mornin'... :-)
Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, that was sad about no laughing cow cheese to have with your lox. Glad you didn't throw your self under the bus. I missed the reason you couldn't have the cheese.

Tony and FF, I forget about keeping celery around. It really is handy to put cream cheese and other spreads on and all that chewing satisfies the mind's desire to eat.

Marilee, wish there was a de-stress button I could switch off for you. I worked for a corrugated box company for 11 years and it was the most stressful thing. Only one of the worries I had was a possible math error on the size or print of the box, then 10000 boxes being made the wrong size, shipped to customer who couldn't use them, and then trying to rectify the mistake as quickly as possible. I am stressed right now just thinking about it and I haven't worked there since 1997. lol I had alot of compulsive eating going on back then and the only thing it did was make me more stressed. Wishing you a better week next week! ((hugs))

artemis, I'm sure you already have your apartment waiting for you in Nashville. Will you have a roommate? It will be fun to buy some new furniture and get it all decorated. I am addicted to HGTV and always love to hear how someone gets their place set up.

Vicki, sorry about the pants not fitting. I still keep trying on the kahki pants I wanted to wear this summer - still no go. That is still the best test of whether I am actually losing rather than the scale. That scale is so fickle. I don't let it bother me that much unless I see like a 3lb jump. Then I am in panic mode again and re-motivated.

Yesterday I had tuna with homemade mayo, one egg and two whites (left from making the yoke only mayo), a big hamburger, and greek yogurt with a handful of frozen blueberries. I am one of those people that can eat the same stuff over and over if I find it satisfying. Also don't want to throw away any food.

Have a great stress free day everybody!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i'm like that with food too...for instance, i go through phases where i will desire and eat salads every day for a week and then i'll go three weeks where i don't want to look at one...lol...

part of operation 1derland is finding nutricious lo-cal, low carb options for snacks...snacks derail me more than meals...the curfew helps with that immensely as i must be saving a few hundred cals a day just stopping my eating at 9...

apple slices with peanut butter, celery with hummus or peanut butter or cream cheese, pepper and cucumber slices, homemade jerky...i'm looking for more ideas and shooting for things as natural and unprocessed as possible, so if you have some favorites, please share them :-)

did my exercices this morning and am beginning to feel thinner than i have recently...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #698
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i had a great session at the gym last night...

even if i do say so myself. To the music of Richard Strauss's orchesteral suites of themes from 2 of his most popular operas (Der Rosenkavalier, and Die Frau Ohne Schatten), i did 45 minutes on the treadmill at an exponentially greater speed (#3 on this machine). I never walk half that fast in the street, and double the incline of Sunday's session. Before that i did the bicep machine. I have not noticed any improvement in the size of my bi-ceps, though, since i began on 7/19/11. At this juncture, i still believe the greater advantage is just being away from food, and away from thinking of food. this is what happens when i come home straight from work, and assume the "wallowing " position. Nothing gets done. With all the progress I made, i still have to wait until
the house cools off to below 70F, before i can do even the simplest things. Doing the laundry (even though in the building) takes so much energy from me. You would think I was taking it to the river and beating it against the rock. Well relief is on the way. FF
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not Catholic, but

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned....

Confession time - I gave in to the stress monster last night. I knew exactly what I was doing and I didn't care! Lasagna, potato chips and my beloved ice cream. Knowing my body, I probably gained at least 5 pounds.

Today, back on program: chicken legs and thighs, tomatoes and an apple for lunch. Dinner turkey burger lettuce wraps with tomatoes, onions, pickles etc.

I had to confess........
Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, we've all been there and i think we all need to just give in once in a while...even if it's just to feel like we are still in control of our own lives and choosing this woe...if you gained 5, you'll lose 5 - don't sweat it...hope you enjoyed it - i LOVE all those things so i'm living vicariously through you today!...thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us...i'll return the favor soon!...

ff, great news on the exercise...when we are carrying extra weight, it is hard to see the benefits of our exercise on our muscles, but make no mistake - it is happening...your metabolism is beefing up and your body is functioning more efficiently, including the way it processes sugar...you deserve a HUGE pat on the back, so PAT PAT PAT :-)

day 4 of operation 1derland is in full swing - the scale read 214.8 this morning - down 2 lbs. since yesterday and 6.2 lbs. since monday's 221...i must have been retaining a LOT of fluid and by not eating any salt, taking acv, and drinking over a gallon of water a day, i must have released a bunch of it!...not sure if the multi-vitamins might be helping...

i have certainly BEHAVED eating-wise for three days in a row, and as you know, once you get on a roll, it gives you the incentive to have another good day...

another huge incentive is the penalty i have set if i do not lose at my friday weigh-in tomorrow...i have to be under 217.2 to avoid a restriction and so i have to have a good day today to insure i stay under that number...i am really proud of myself for understanding my psychology enough to impose this short leash...i am convinced it is the only chance i have of hitting 1derland in this century!...

Last edited by tony8; 09-15-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

today so far:
b: hb egg coated with black pepper

and about 30 oz. of water...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #702

thanks, Tony...I will stand PAT.

MAJOR CHEESE CONSPIRACY against the Troll. I thought it was, at first, an isolated incident. Now, not only did i neglect to bring the LCGH cheese from home. BUT, there was no shredded or grated cheese in the salad bar at work today. Something is rotten in Denmark, and it ain't cheese. I will have to sniff around and pick up the clues as I go about my business. Gibby, guilt is a fattening emotion. U are forgiven. The trick is to make ON PLAN eating more fun than the aforementioned no-nos. It is your turn to have the last laugh at unsuitable carbs.I AM making a CONCERTED effort ( in the key of F flat)to put more plain water back into my daily intake. I am starting my 2nd 20 oz bottle of water of the day, and it will not be the last, i can tell you. FF
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i think the water is a good idea...jenny recommended it when i was struggling last summer - sheesh, doesn't it seem like i'm always struggling? - and i did it for awhile, but when she wasn't around to remind me, i got lazy...it, along with decaffeinated green tea is all i ever drink (okay maybe a diet soda once a month and milk once in awhile), but i was not conscientious about drinking enough of it...

i also have to admit that contrary to the science, i was afraid drinking more would show up on the scale...what a dummy!...i have drunk more in the last three days than i drank in the previous ten and it has helped me lose over 6 lbs...

i'm certain the effect will level off, but if you google "water and weight loss" and read the various articles, the benefits will knock your socks off!...

i hope i'm not driving you all nuts with my posts, but as part of operation 1derland, i am trying to post more as it is helping me stay accountable...when i'm in nashville next week, i won't be able to post as much and you'll get a break :-)

lunch: a few bread and butter pickle slices and 2 baby carrots
or was that a snack???...
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #704

just finished my 40th oz of water.

no more till i get to the diner. if the rain goes away, i will order just enough so that i do not have to walk food home. if it is raining, i will order a dinner and take half home for a later part 2 or for tomorrow. I am still full from lunch, and it was a smaller salad than yesterday. I will sniff the pork chops when i get home. if they smell allright, they can stay. If not out they go. They are not thick the way I like them, but are perfect for slicing and putting into stirfrys which WAS the idea why I bought them. On the subject of water, there is only water weight on the scale if there is something that is holding the water in, like sodium. also on humid days, water is remained. The solution for both: DRINK MORE WATER !!!FF
Old 09-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Post away, Tony! We are here for you and you inspire us.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, marilee!...i appreciate the support...

ff, let us know what you did with dinner - i'm on the edge of my seat :-)

ate more tonight than i have all week and i'm stuffed - i was worried i wasn't eating enough:
d: salad with tuna, 6 oz. marinated chicken breast topped with salsa and melted jalapeno jack cheese and steamed broccoli with olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese...all of it was sooo yummy...

the marinated chicken was a bit salty so i'm hoping i don't retain too much water tonight and blow my official weigh-in tomorrow...it's an hour before curfew and i don't plan on eating anything else and i'll drink a bit later and hope it flushes and doesn't stick!...

hope y'all are having a great night!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #707

i just composed a long, beautiful, and eloquent thread...

about tonight's dinner at the diner. Just as I was about to click submit, the computer went down. So...here is the short version. I took half of it home. I am going to go through my closets now and see what fits. I DID put another notch in my belt this morning. FF
Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i just composed a short, pithy response...

WOWEEEEEE!!!!!!...ff, that is AWESOME dood!...pretty soon, you're gonna need a new belt cuz there'll be so much extra belt flapping around...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, I just hit backspace and lost my whole post. Boy does that tick me off. Anyway, hope you found some clothes in your closet that fit and super on making the new notch in the belt. Hope your pork chops were still good. Hate to have to throw food away.

Tony, we are glad you are posting more. Will miss you next week if you don't have time to post. Do you fly or drive to Nashville? I had several box customers in Nashville when I worked for the corrugated co. in Huntsville. One was Northern Telecom but don't know if they are still in business.

Marilee, like FF says, "guilt is a fattening emotion" so put it behind you and have a good day today. Your food plan for yesterday sounded very good.

Artemis, do leave out driving to Nashville today or tomorrow? Hope you get your computer hooked up right away and check in with us.

Vicki, how is everything going with you today?

I take Mom in for her checkup today. Her appointment was for 9 which I like because he always runs late and as the morning progresses it gets later and later. So they called yesterday to change it to 10 which probably means 11. Years ago Mom told the waiting room when a man with a beard came out of the office that he didn't have a beard when he went in. They just roared.

Had tuna with mayo, ground beef, and greek yogurt with fozen blueberries yesterday. Coffee with cream and coconut oil. Not enough water.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-16-2011 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #710

there be CHEESE here.

I remembered to take my LCGH cheese to work this morning. Next time, I hope I remember to wear my pants too. Where is that draft coming from? I also did 60 oz water yesterday. A good start. I am also drinking my coffee 1/2 regular & 1/2 decaf. I will still get the required jolt, but the caffeine quantity will be less. Tonight, after a short sojourn at SHOPRITE, I am going home to rest my feet for the weekend. Beautiful walking weather for the Prospect Park West area of Brooklyn. After that, the BAKERY, for my lc gelato and sesame cookie (4.1 net carbs together) When I get to a diner, i am having (before the big walk)a nice omelet with sausage and bacon OR Steak and Eggs. The bakery is in the late afternoon, just before the gym. As the next meal will be around 7-8 pm, it is fine to have a big caloric breakfast, as I will be burning it off. FF
Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #711

Artemis, have a safe and enjoyable ride to Nashville.

Take along some zero to low carb eats, so u do not get tempted by all the roadside "follies". I wish i was in the car with you. i love long car rides. i like to spread out in the back seat, and listen to my music on the walkman, if it offends the driver. I believe this change of venue is the jolt u need. All my love and best wishes(& PROFITS) are with you on the journey. FF
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Thanks guys for the warm wishes! I didn't get to post yesterday it was soooo busy! I was down a pound and then today was the same. So a loss of 2 lbs so far this week and I am about to do my last training session of this week.

The internet was supposed to be turned on in my new place wednesday but that didn't happen because of some mix-up. So now they are saying it will be Monday. Here's hoping!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #713

MAAT (2 syllables) has been restored to FF's lunch hour.

MAAT is the ancient Egyptian term for how the world should be always, the way things are supposed to be. Now they are. No gym tonight. I am saving my feet for the weekend. I am definitely in the cheeseburger mood. I already have my veggies. I will consume 2 cheeseburgers with a sunnyside egg on top of each one. Not all at once. In between, I will relax and watch a dvd series that i recently received. It is called the FALL OF EAGLES. It is a dramatization of 3 ruling houses of Europe that came to an end during and as a consequence of WW1, namely the Romanovs, The Habsburgs, & the Hohenzollerns. Patick Stewart plays LENIN. Perhaps I will fall asleep before cheeseburger #2. This day cannot end soon enough. FF
Old 09-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all-hanging in - I'm not weighing for a couple of days "just because".

Asked the boss for W-F of next week of and got the approval. I need a break!

TTYL
Old 09-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW - love the new Smilies!

Tony
Vicki and me
ff
Abi and artemis
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi marilee, when you need a break, you gotta take a break - whether it's from work or the scale...hope the stress level declines and that you have a nice weekend...

ff, i've never had a burger with an egg on top, but that sounds soooo good...does abi make those too?...

abi, your mom sounds like such a character - hope she made out well at the docs today...

well, after another day of drowning myself by drinking yesterday, the scale read 114.2 this morning, down .6 lbs. from yesterday...i must really be flushing fluid out!...i've lost 6.8 lbs. since monday...

today so far:
b: 2 oz. leftover grilled chicken breast and a few salad veggies
s: 1/2 mcintosh apple
l: salad with tuna
d: gonna be grilled chicken halves with a dry rub...

the rub is a bit salty so i'll have to keep drinking and hope it doesn't stick...

this plan is working the way it was designed, and although there are no food restrictions per se, it is really challenging...it is an anti-maintenance plan, as well as a loss plan which was what i needed...next week, i will have to adjust my official weigh-in days as i do not have a scale in nashville...
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, good job on flushing out the fluids! Are you drinking your acv?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

as this blitz is only two weeks from being OVER, i thought i'd review my blitz performances to date:

blitz I - lost 23 lbs.
blitz II - lost 4 lbs.
blitz III - lost 8 lbs.
blitz IV - lost 6 lbs.
blitz V - gained 8 lbs.
blitz VI - gained 2.2 lbs. so far

i guess if you look at this, it becomes obvious why i needed to take drastic measures this week to change the trend/pattern...i am now 4.2 lbs. heavier than i was on new year's eve 2010

my goal is not to show a gain for this blitz and to have at least a nominal loss...i need to lose at least another 2 1/2 lbs. in the last two weeks of this blitz to accomplish that...

marilee, i am drinking it twice a day - morning and evening before meals... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 09-16-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
OK you guys, I am ashamed of myself. I finally had to break down and buy clothes. I have trying to squeeze into clothes that are too small. When I got to 170 and was staying close to there, I got rid of the fat clothes. When that happened it seems my body did an about face and I began to regain. Hence, no clothes as size 10 got tighter.

So, after work I went to Walmart and Penneys and bought XL and size 16s. Man, I hated doing it. I have kept myself from doing so because I kept thinking I would get back on track and lose. Well that isn't happening, at least not yet.

I am not sure if I was in denial or avoidance, whatever, I at least have SOME clothes to wear.

Last fall I resorted to buying 12/14 with dismay and primarily shopped Goodwill or bought knit pants from Walmart. Well, those are tight now. When I have been at work I wear a lab coat to hide in.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, the new smilies made me smile. So cute of you to match them up with us! I think with a relaxing week off from work you will be able to de-stress and get re-motivated. Post alot and keep full with alot of water!

Vicki, sorry you had to buy some new clothes but know you will be donating them to goodwill in no time. Mentally you will feel slimmer with clothes that are not too tight and then that will lead to eating more like a slim person and weight loss. What do you teach at the college?

artemis, hope your internet is on by Monday. Will be looking forward to hearing about your place and what you are doing in Nashville. Terrific about the 2 pounds off this week!

FF, I bet you enjoyed those historical movies and did not fall asleep between burgers. Patrick Stewart is a good actor. And Tony, a sunnyside egg on top of a burger still does not sound appetizing to me. DH likes one on top of his hash and that doesn't look any better. FF, I am still chuckling about you not forgetting your cheese yesterday but feeling a draft from forgetting your pants.

Tony thanks for asking about Mom's check up. Everything looked good except her iron levels. This has been an off and on problem. He wants her to take an added dose of irom and vitamin C for six weeks and if it doesn't come up she will have to go for shots or IV's for 8 weeks. She and I don't want to have to do that. It is very difficult to get her ready to go out and then the in and out of the car 4 times is so tiring. Church and the hairdresser about do her in. So let's hope the extra dose works! By the way, she is a funny person. She is pretty bold with her Dr. She has gone to him since the 70's and he starts right away goading her into making some sarcastic remarks to him.

We are invited to a cookout today from 12 untill. DH asked me to make a potato salad which I did yesterday. It does not bother me to make stuff I am not going to eat thank goodness. I will stay for a couple of hours and then get back to Mom's. Hope the start cooking the hamburgers right away. I will be ready to eat as usual. lol Hope it will be warm in the sun. It is 41 degrees here right now. Some places were going to have temps in the low 30's last night and maybe a freeze.

Have a great Saturday all!
Closed Thread