Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! Just got to work from the dentist - nice clean teeth!

Maintainence is a bit rough - up a cople of pounds, which is usual. Hopefully, I'll drop down again.

Today's eats:

B-3 scrambled eggs with a slice of cheddar cheese
L-chicken breast and cucumber
D-homemade taco salad with avacado, sour cream, salsa, cheese - the works! Can't wait.

Need to get to work - TTYL

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
okay marilee, i think that hcg might be doing something to you hormonally - your breasts shrunk and your biceps are huge!...

artemis, enjoy your dinner and don't worry about anything...

vicki, i still haven't replaced my digital scale - maybe on the way home tonight...but my old scale behaved the crazy way that yours is...

today i've had no appetite again - actually feel a bit nauseous - don't know why as i have not been feeling sick otherwise...today:

b: hb egg
l: 5 or 6 nuts
s: notta
d: no idea - maybe leftovers
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
dentists CAN be detrimental to diets!!!

no logic behind that. It is just that I am a RABID ANTIDENTITE!!! I took off from work, today-mercilessly itchy feet and lower legs. I must have overscratched. It had some swelling on it this a.m. A little better now. The anti-fungal pills do not do their magic owvernight. I had to go out this afternoon (WW meeting), and i needed to get a non-electric coffee maker. So I stopped at the diner for a chef salad to go. I will, of course, divide it into = halves. If I am lucky, I will fall asleep before the second 1/2. I will have it at 7pm (Seinfeld time). Otherwise all is well. I am feeling light as a feather, enjoying the month vacation between weigh-ins. Like I told the lady at WW: "I'm paying, but not weighing". No one has a sense of humour anymore. Again, do not forget to check the Lounge for some really good stuff. At any rate, there are not too bad. FF
Old 09-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
okay marilee, i think that hcg might be doing something to you hormonally - your breasts shrunk and your biceps are huge!...
LOL Love the first one!!!! Can't wait for Crimninal Minds to start - can you tell??????
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, I kept trying to think what show that guy is on. We never stay up late enough to watch the prime time shows but catch Criminal Minds, Burn Notice, NCIS, and House on reruns. Good shows!

Tony, hate feeling nauseated. I usually try to find something to eat that will take that feeling away. So I don't even use it to my advantage to not eat. Can't win. Hope you feel better today!

FF, sure hope those pills take effect quickly for you. Will anything topical help at all? Calamine lotion maybe?

Vicki, I would go with the lower weight. It is probably the right one especially when the old scale agrees with it.

Artemis, sounds like you are off to a good start on the C25K and the soreness tells you that you are using unused muscles. Keep up the good work!

My sister and I took Mom for a perm yesterday. It was a long afternoon for all 3 of us. I am suffering from hollywood magazine over load! Had the evening off though which was nice. I had yogurt with frozen blueberries, ground beef, coffee with cream and a TBL of coconut oil.

Have a terrific Friday everyone!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #636

maybe i should try some of that hcg.

it seems my biceps shrunk, and my breasts are larger (lol). The antifungal goo will be ready this weekend. At this moment, the itching is in sleep mode. Some people are lucky. They only experience the "7 year itch". Anyway it is Friday. I enjoyed my chef salad parts I & II. I did have, close to midnight, a small bag of pork rinds. But I had no solid food that day until about 7pm, the aforementioned chef salad. Also, i will be living on liquids until lunch. If we ARE WHAT WE EAT, I should be expected to turn green momentarily. FF
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Dinner with my friend last night was great! But I had one of my bouts with insomnia last night and didn't sleep a wink. That should make packing fun!

Not as sore as I thought I would be. But sometimes for me it takes 24 hrs after I exercise for the soreness to show up. Hope you guys have a great Friday!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

FF, you have given me my laugh for the day as usual. Glad the itch is in sleep mode.

atemis, happy you had a good dinner last night with good company. I used to have insomnia alot from stress but not so often now. Maybe only once every couple of months. It does not make the next day fun but you will sleep like a baby tonight I bet!

Cooked a chicken in chicken stock with some garlic and onions added this morning and just picked the meat off the bones for dinner for DH. It will be carby as usual as he is about as far from low carb as anyone can be. So much left on the bones I will have a flavorfull and delicious dinner at least and maybe enough for another meal for me.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
artemis, I hate it when I can't sleep. Take care.

Abigale, I think chicken cooked in crock pot the way you did it is really moist and tender.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blitzers! What a crazy two weeks at work - thank goodness the man who was on vacation for two weeks is back on Monday - he does a lot of detailed work here at the agency and it was tough filling in for him, but we did it!

Scale didn't move - still over my lowest weight on phase one (taking drops and 500 calories per day). However, the good news is, I'm losing inches, which is what happens on phase two (maintenance). My mushroom cap is getting smaller and smaller!!!! So, I'm not unhappy - the weight has to come off, it's just a matter of time.

The taco salad last night was delicious! Today's eats are:

B-3 eggs scrambled with diced smoked pork butt and a slice of cheddar cheese; coffee with cream (yea! I can have cream again!)

L-diced chicken breast with celery, avocado and mayo

D-another taco salad (left over taco meat I need to use)

TTYL!

Marilee
Old 09-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Ok, just made a ton of chicken which I hope will get me through the weekend. I'm going very low carb for the next couple of days since I am weighing in on Monday. Tomorrow is my last training session for week 1 of C25K so I really hope that I get some sleep tonight!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #642

i have learned over the decades that insomnia.....

is nothing to lose any sleep over. A traditional remedy is hot milk. But milk is not in my plan...too carby. I suppose one could water down some heavy cream, and heat that up Or chamomile tea, etc etc. I do none of that. When I cannot sleep, I listen to some music, or tv. or a dvd, read. I even come to lcf. Eventually i do fall asleep, and prod myself up with a large coffee the next morning.. But that's me. Actually, i cured many insomniacs with my talking. FF
Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, was off early to a songwriting appt. today, hence my absence... :-)

marilee, you are looking much better today!...

ff, what are you doing up so late?...pass the prok rinds over here...

artemis, best of luck with the packing...how did you prepare your chicken?...

abi, that chicken sounds yummy...i was in keene today - was a beautiful day, wasn't it?...

b: skipped
l: chicken salad on salad
s: none
d: some stew and a burger
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anyone up? I slept for a little and then a wonderful storm - lightning and thunder and rain - woke me up. It's about time we got some rain. We are down over 2 inches this year. I wish you guys back east could funnel some our way.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, are you still awake? Good thing it is Sat. and you can sleep in if you want. Happy you finally got some rain but sorry it had to be so noisy coming in. Did it drop the temp at all? Sure hope so.

FF, I'm laughing again. You are so glib.

Tony, yesterday was a beauty! Good day to be on the road and writing some great music!

Artemis, I am hoping you report that you slept well last night! Good luck on the weigh in Monday!

Vicki, the chicken was very tender and flavorful. DH has gotten so he does not like chicken because he says it is too dry but when I cook it like this and make him gravy and buscuits he likes it. Won't have to cook tonight because we have leftovers. Yea

I am reading a book I pre-ordered before it hit the bookshelves to get a good discount from amazon. It is by the cardiologist Dr. Bill Davis whose Heart Scan blog I read quite often. The name of the book is "Wheat Belly" and I got it on Sept. 2nd. Yesterday it made the NY Times best seller list already.

Yesterday I had chicken, ground beef a salad and yogurt with frozen blueberries. Coffee and cream, 1 tbl of coconut oil and not nearly enough water. Today will try harder on that.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Yes, Abi, we had a great storm last night and it cooled the temps down. I was finally able to open the doors this morning and let some fresh air in for the first time in 4 months! I have my a/c set at 78 and it was 76! Looks like no more heat over 102 and mornings will be in the high 70's so things are changing for the better.

The scale moved today - down over a pound. I'm not changing my stats until I hit what is posted there. I know I'm not supposed to lose on maintenance, but I want to so neener, neener, neener!!!!

Abi, I forgot to post you info on hhcg.....I'll do it this weekend.

Not sure what my eats are today - going to see my butcher at my meat shop and get some more pork butt, some pork chops, chicken thighs and drumsticks, ground beef and round steak - no chicken breast thank God! Can't stand dry white meat - yuk!!!!

Last edited by Gibby; 09-10-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

FF, your posts could never put me to sleep. You have quite a knack for it! My insomnia is a side effect of my dysautonomia so there's nothing I can do about it. My personal record is 5 days. I did go to sleep about 4 am and slept for a few hours. Beats nothing I guess!

Just completed my last training session of this week! Only 8 more weeks to go! I was doing fine until that last running period. I think I need to pace myself better next time. Next week I will be doing Mon, Wed and Fri since I am moving next weekend.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and Abi I just saw a review for that book you mentioned, "Wheat Belly". It looks really interesting. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #649

last night i was in a state of bliss due to the Ted Turner Network

3 movies all featuring Danny Thomas. (8pm to 2 am last night) All excellent casts. The last one was special for me, as it had the great soprano Lotte Lehman. She played "grandma". She did some singing too. Still in her prime, and an excellent actress.
The movie was, I believe, the inspiration for 3 Men and a Baby(released sometime in the 80s. This picture, entitled BIG CITY was released, I believe in 1948. All 3 flicks would get a G to PG rating nowadays. Nothing questionable or offensive. Todays eats: pistachio lc gelato & 1 lc sesame cookie and a small iced coffee. (4.1 gr) After the gym, I got 2 veg based dishes from the chinese. With the 1st, I had a .6 lb piece of smoked white fish. There was less than that which was edible. Grazing on some porkrinds as we speak. Later, I will slice me some zero carb salami, and the other veggie based dish. Total carbs for the day: 25. FF
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished dinner - green beans and a chicken breast stuffed with 3 cheeses and wrapped in bacon - yummy!

Enjoy your evening everyone.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, happy you got some rain...our weather is so beautiful here right now...dry and upper 70s during the day and drops down to the low 50s at night - perfect...

ff, i didn't know danny thomas was in 3 movies!

abi, wheat belly, huh? <looking down>... :-)

artemis, i am proud of all the exercise you are doing...way to go, girl!

well, guys - what a day i had!...i picked up a digital scale, set it up and it says i weigh 218.8!!!...that's almost 8 lbs. heavier than the two other scales i had were reading!...wow, i am really a bit stunned...

i'm not sure if any of my scales have ever been accurate at this point...i guess if they weren't, i may have been heavier at the start of blitz I - who knows...

i am regrouping and figuring out what i need to do now...i am certain i will have to really get serious to turn this around...i thought i was doing well, but i've got to rethink my plan and place some more restrictions on myself...i'll keep you posted on the changes i decide on...

today:
b: a few olives, cucumber and green pepper slices
l: skipped
d: ribs with a dry rub, steamed spinach

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis, I would love to sit down and read the whole book in one afternoon. Just don't have any big blocks of time unfortunately. It is very readable and amusing here and there. I have been reading Dr. Davis's Heart Scan blog for quite awhile. When a cardiologist wants to make people healthy without having to resort to surgery I am all ears. I will give you the review when I finally finish it but you can google it and get the gist of the book from his past writings. He is already getting trashed by the grain people but I think he is up to the challenge.

FF, how are you enjoying the added vegetables? They do add some excitement to the day don't they. We used to watch the Danny Thomas show when I was young. I bet the movie that they based 3 Men and a Baby was funny. That movie was pretty amusing as I recall.

Tony, Dr. Davis wanted to add to the title about other places fat accumulates that are rather embarrassing but the publishers wouldn't let him. What a bummer on the scales. I have had that happen over the years so try to never get on any scales except the one at home and always the same time every day. That number determines how I feel for the day and it shouldn't. It fluctuates so much due to water retention etc. The quickest I have ever lost was to eat only meat, chicken and eggs. No veggies, sauces, spices except salt and pepper. When I add in veggies I have water retention - carbo - Hydrates.

Marilee, isn't that fresh air wonderful! That dinner sounded delicious, chicken, cheese and bacon. Happy you are down another pound!

How are you doing Vicki? Hope you are having a relaxing weekend!

Had some pot roast, chicken, and brocolli and cauliflower with dip yesterday. Coffee with cream and coconut oil. Only 3 cups of water.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-11-2011 at 03:44 AM..
Old 09-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Ate crap yesterday and Friday. As usual, today is starting off ok, let's see how I finish.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Tony, I hate it when the scale goes up when I think I should have lost! But, if you switched scales, it could very well be that the others were not accurate and you may have lost in reality. So, hang in there and try to see how the next few days go.

Tomorrow will be my weigh in day so I may be in the same boat!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #655

I did an extra ten minutes beyond my capacity

on the treadmill. I did this in memory of the 9/11 fallen heroes, and those who are heroes, and are still with us. 40 minutes w/o the walkman, which, by co-incidence died as well this a.m. It was not the batteries. Picked up one from Radio Shack on the way home. If it lasts a year, I will be happy. It was under $20.00. I was all over the place in Bklyn today. 6 buses (4 fares totalling $9.00) I made excellent time. I got home exactly 1:00pm. Now I am gonna have lunch. I will try to eat slowly. FF
Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, that was a nice way to remember the heroes of 9/11...ten minutes beyond your capacity is akin to torture...

artemis, good luck on weigh-in tomorrow...

vicki, hope you finished well :-)

hi abi, thanks for the support - i was doing the same thing with the scale i had - same scale every day/same time, etc...i had no idea it was off by 8 lbs!...what a rude awakening!...lol...

but guys, it is what it is...the reality of this scale debacle is that i have been the same weight for almost a year now...i have to take responsibility for that...it has been my failure to get out of this "maintenance" mind-set that set me up for this...but NO MORE!...

i was 219.8 today, up .8 lbs. and that is where i am drawing the line...the 9 p.m. curfew will be back in full force and effect 5 days a week starting tonight...i'm not worried about being too restrictive right now...i'm gonna do what i have to do to get results...wish me luck! :-)
Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck Tony! This losing weight business is a real pain. I have been at it most of my adult life. It is so hard now to get re-motivated. But with the support of this group and sharing in all of our struggles will finally get us to that goal weight. The curfew will be a good start.

FF, that was a touching tribute you did yesterday. You also had a pretty busy day yesterday and it kept you out of the kitchen which is always a good thing.

Hoping you see a loss today artemis! Between all the water and your loss of appetite you should have a good result.

Vicki, just know the rest of yesterday went well for you. Did you do anything fun?

Marilee, how was your Sunday? Hope you got out in that cool fresh air and enjoyed it!

There were 8 of us for Sunday breakfast at the Country Club yesterday. It was alot of laughs. I had my usual scrambled eggs and bacon and the rest of the day had chicken and yogurt and blueberries. Really need to do some shopping today as I am out of my favorite foods.

Lets have a great on plan Monday and get the week started off right!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-12-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

No sleep again last night, extremely sore throat and no change in the scale. I'll attribute it to building muscle from my training. Think I'll go back to weighing daily. It keeps me more motivated.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, abi...i am uber-motivated now and spent last night and this morning developing a new plan - i'm calling it "operation 1derland" :-) but in all seriousness, i did some soul-searching, and thought about how important it is for me to succeed in reaching my goal weight and i have re-dedicated myself to the process of losing...

artemis, i'm so sorry you can't sleep...ask ff to give you a call and sing some opera - that might help!

i have learned so much about myself and my body and how i lose and gain weight over this past 1 1/2 years, and i intend to apply all that knowledge to achieve my interim goal of hitting 1derland by november 22 - the tuesday before thanksgiving...

here are the components of my new plan:
1. no foods are off limits, but my general woe will be mostly paleo and LC - with fiber-rich fruits and veggies in moderation and almost no junk at all

2. no eating after 9 p.m., 5 days per week

3. daily weigh-ins to monitor my daily fluctuations, but OFFICIAL weigh-ins twice per week on tuesday and friday mornings - this shortens my leash even more...my weight on each of those days will trigger a certain outcome (see below)

4. my official start weight will be determined tomorrow (tuesday) morning (i drank 1 1/2 gallons of water yesterday and weighed in at 221 this morning)...

5. i will not tolerate gains on any OFFICIAL weigh-in day (or even maintenance week to week), and with my personality i need a deterrent...so, if i weigh-in at a number above my most recent official weight on tuesdays or fridays OR if i have not achieved at least a .2 lb. loss between one friday and the next, the penalty will be a food group restriction being added to my plan...for instance, if i gain 1/2 pound this friday after tomorrow's first official weigh-in, i will no longer have the flexibility to eat something currently allowed (it may be something like the flexibility to eat grains or sugar-free treats, etc.)...because i am weighing daily, i will know if i am at risk of an official gain before it happens and can impose an egg-fast day or some such thing to try to avoid a penalty...

6. i will take acv twice per day

7. i will drink at least 1 gallon of water per day - including 1-12oz. glass 20 minutes before eating any meal...

8. i will take a multi-vitamin and fish-oil pills (cholesterol-lowering) every day

9. i will make a conscious effort to chew thoroughly and eat slowly - this may seem silly, but when i do it, i feel fuller and eat less...

10. i will do as much exercise as possible in addition to my every-other-day ab and weight training (as my hip allows)...

so, that's it, kids...i'm certainly not advocating this kind of approach for anyone else, but i believe i need it and i am happy to be doing it, because i know it will get me the results i want...i feel re-energized and re-committed to getting to goal, in a way i have not felt for some time...am i excited about having to lose the same 20 lbs. again???...NO!...but it has to be done and i think this is the way to do it...

love you guys - thanks for hanging in there with me - i couldn't do this without ya!

today:
b: acv, 24 oz. of water and a large handful of blueberries

Last edited by tony8; 09-12-2011 at 06:11 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, I don't know how you cope with such little sleep. It must be so difficult for you. I get step throat every so many years especially if I get stressed. I look in my throat with a flashlight and there are the tell tale white patches. I really do not like to take antibiotics as I feel they can cause more harm than good esp. with what I am reading about "gut flora" and inflammation but will go for a throat culture and take them if it is strep. Hope this is not what is making your throat so sore. As far as the exercise keeping the scale from moving I have heard that alot. I think the muscles do hold on to the water some. Do you have any pants that have been a little snug you can try on and see if you have lost some inches instead?

Tony, WOW, you are such an inspiration to us. You have got to see some results from this plan. Ingenious to punish yourself by dropping something from your eating plan if you don't see that .2 drop from one Friday the next. I am going to try harder to get to goal I feel so inspired!
Closed Thread