Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi Nikki! Welcome to our group.

Vicki, I may be having a brain cramp, but what is CSA????

I DID IT!!!!! 289.6 this morning - I just made it!!!!!!

Today's menu:

B-black coffee
L-3 oz.turkey burger, tomato and onion, mustard, 1 melba toast and strawberries
D-4 oz sirloin steak, cucumbers and tomatoes, 1 melba toast, 1 orange

Lots of water - it's going to be a hot one!!!! 117 degress is the forecast today.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Welcome Nikki! Glad to have you aboard! Looks like you are off to a good start and having great success!

Tony, thanks for asking about Mom. She has had a kind of down week. Very tired. Always worries me.

Marilee I am Soooo happy for you!

Cooking out chicken drumsticks on the grill tonight. We baste with a combination of vinegar, worschestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. I made sure I bought plenty because that is all I am planning to eat - love them!
!Hope everyone has had a great Saturday! We are so glad you have joined us!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hi Nikki! Welcome to our group.

Vicki, I may be having a brain cramp, but what is CSA????

I DID IT!!!!! 289.6 this morning - I just made it!!!!!!

Today's menu:

B-black coffee
L-3 oz.turkey burger, tomato and onion, mustard, 1 melba toast and strawberries
D-4 oz sirloin steak, cucumbers and tomatoes, 1 melba toast, 1 orange

Lots of water - it's going to be a hot one!!!! 117 degress is the forecast today.
It stuck

CSA= Community Shared Agriculture A local farm sells its produce and we buy into this for the year (16 weeks). I pick my bag up every Friday. This week there were peas, broccoli, kohlrabi, lettuce and a cuke.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flawesome
Stats: starting weight:235lbs/current:232lbs/goal:154lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 24, 2012
Thank you for the welcome, everyone!! :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi nikki,
welcome to the blitz...sounds like you have a good handle on what works for you...i think it is so difficult for women when they are pregnant, because you go from eating for two and being restricted in your activities, plus undergoing major changes in hormones, to in one moment losing another being you were supporting and trying to get back to normal!...congratulations on how well you've done this year - that is amazing!...

marilee, congrats on hitting the 180s...you earned it, girl!...i'm so proud of you...

abi, i hope your mom feels more energetic soon...it may be this change in weather, because even though it is nice, we went from cool and rainy to summer overnight!...

vicki, 1 lb. is nothin'...you are rockin' this hcg thingy, just like marilee...

having a good day today so far:
b: 3 oz. broiled chicken
l: skipped
s: 6 walnut halves
d:???

hope ff is enjoying the beach in joisey...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spectech
Stats: 178.5
Start Date: July 1 2011
Hi Nikki and welcome!

Marilee that is great news, congratulations!

did better today...DD veggie flatbread and coffee for breakfast ( processed and um, bread) but I did have a grilled chicken over salad with craisins, walnuts and ff balsalmic. Ive had that salad almost every day for 3 months and love it!

working the weekend so it takes the bbq's out of my way but unfortunately it takes the joisey beaches too! lol although I will be in AC mid-week
is there room for wine?? i think a glass of wine is 200 cals but not sure on carb content tho being from grapes cant be good.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi to everyone!!!!

I am back again for my second blitz and it's come at a perfect time. Will write more tomorrow as I just flew home from a wonderful two day trip to Milan with my mother and sister. I won't get into the glorious food and shopping details but I will share all tomorrow when my life finally goes back to normal.

Trust me I am super duper nervous to be weighing in tomorrow but hopefully after one week of being back on the LC wagon I will be down and then some ....... fingers crossed!!!

Good luck to everyone for the next three months I am feeling so hopeful and inspired by all of you.

Bec

155: 05/15/2011
150: 06/07/2011
145:
140:
135:
130:
Old 07-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I wish it was the 180's! I'm sure you are speaking prophetically
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Squigglywiggly
Stats: 220/193.2/160
WOE: low carbing/leptin reset
Start Date: June 2010
Thanks for the welcomes! Last night I found and printed out the Lemon Cheesecake Bars and Almond thins.

Lately I am constantly hungry, probably not eating enough so having some extras to eat will by yummy!

Has anyone in here made them? What did you think?
Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops, marilee - and i was absolutely being prophetic...i will be saying that to you in the not-too-distant future!...

hi bec, welcome back - i'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the FOOD!...

hi squig, some folks in here advised me to drink lots of water when i'm feeling hungry and it has worked - when i remember!...lol...

ribs tonight - they were good and ate the toppings off one slice of pizza...it was from santarpio's in boston and i committed a sin throwing that crust away!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I was definitely not thirsty, drank heaps and heaps LOL - of water of course
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesLifted
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: July 1, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Count me in for the Blitz!

My name is Erin, I live in the Los Angeles area. I've done low-carb in the past (2 attempts at Atkins) with little success (most lost was 15 lbs.) About this time last year I finally realized I'd gotten HUGE. I was 5'10" and 257lbs. I started walking a few miles 4-5 times a week with a friend and eating a mostly non-processed, calorie restricted diet. I also went to a metabolism doctor who got me on thyroid, a ton of Vitamin D, Cortisol, progesterone, and a bunch of other stuff. About 30 pounds came off rather easily. Then I plateaued.

My metabolism doctor has put me on the Rosedale Diet (but wants me to include some fruit like berries, grapefruit, and the occasional small apple, handful of grapes, etc.) I'm only on day 2, so far I'm not hungry, but have some of those low-carb withdrawal headaches. I also "feel" all the healthy fat that I've consumed - hard to describe. (Also doing the 2 tsp of Cod Liver Oil.)

I'm gonna miss some of my indulgences on the low calorie plan I was eating. I fell IN LOVE with Greek Yogurt and got used to fruits, hollowed out bagels, and the like. At least I can get a *little* yogurt back after week 3.

I look forward to checking in and being a part of the community. Next week I'll be chaperoning a youth group trip to camp, so I plan to hang out at the salad bar a lot for meals, and bringing a lot of almonds with me. ;-) I'll also be using my BodyMedia Fit arm band again to track my calorie burn and activity.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Hi Erin! 15 lbs is still pretty good!

Well, I discovered the lemon curd and almond thins recipes - and I am eating them together! The lemon curd is drool worthy!!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Morning All!!

So I weighed in on the dreaded scales this morning! I was up to 155.6!!! This is the highest I have been since 05/22!!! WOW!

I am not going to let it worry me. I plan on losing at least 5-7 pounds this week because it truly is carb/water weight from my fab time in Italy.

I think I will stick as close to eggs and some meat as possible with some celery as snacks.

Hopefully the sugar cravings won't come back.

Now to the good part:

So I had the best 2 days in Milan with my mum and sister. Went on a crazy shopping spree as I am now a US Size 6 or 8 which is amazing considering when I was in NYC in february I was a size 14!!! So I am pretty much half the size I was clothing wise!!!

The clothes were tight but in 10 days I am sure they'll all fit great and it's great motivation for me to get back to LC!

So I am really happy that I enjoyed all the delicious food that Italy had to offer and I know that the weight will come off. Here is just a taste of what I enjoyed:

2 amazing gelato's (chocolate and pistachio and caramel flavours), amazing pasta with pancetta, cream and tomato sauce, delicious cocktails and prosecco, hot croissants filled with jam for breakfast. And my sister got invited to the four seasons hotel for dinner on Friday night because she is a food blogger and we had like a 5 course meal complimentary and I just ate everything! I also had some sweets last night from the airport as a last hurrah.

Now the funny thing is that I ordered all the carby stuff the whole trip because I decided I would but I probably would've been really happy with steak and caprese salad and all the delicious antipasti! That is the funny thing. So it was fantastic and decadent and just brilliant.

I do feel like when I am away it's different to bingeing in private on a box of cookies in my bedroom. That would be much more destructive.

Today I plan on eating eggs and celery and tonight I am going to my flatmates parent's place for dinner and they're doing a BBQ so I will eat some meat but as little as possible without being rude.

No artificial sweeteners for me until I'm well below 148 and back on track. Lots and lots of water.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this story and I hope that tomorrow morning I am down a bit of weight!

Have a great sunday everyone!

Becca
Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, what a wonderful trip to Milan! Glad to have you back and know you will drop that travel weight very quickly!

Squiggly, thinking about that lemon curd is making my mouth water!

Welcome Erin! I really love greek yogurt too with frozen blueberries sprinkled on it but am staying away from it right now also.

Tony, my daughter suggested I give Mom some gatoraide in case her electrolites were down. She watched all of Lawrence Welk last night and then one of the British Comedy shows on PBS without nodding off so maybe it is helping. We will see how today goes.

Drumsticks were delicious last night and had enough left over for tonight.

Will check in later with you all. Have a great Sunday!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone! Just wanted to peek in.

Tony, you are right about the adjustments after pregnancy. I was lucky and blessed with a very quiet, happy and calm second child (haha) so that helped a ton! And my hormones adjusted much easier after this pregnancy.

I stayed on plan yesterday (of course) and didn't take in any salts or fake sugars. Somehow, managed to gain a half pound. But I feel it's water weight. My hands are swollen this morning! Hopefully, it will pass by morning.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nikki, our bodies play tricks on us - sometimes gaining when we think they should lose and losing when we've been naughty...i've learned NOT to let the daily fluctuations get me down at all...a healthy pace for most people is a 1/2-2 lb. per week loss...i have been trying to learn patience and discipline for the past 16 months, with varying degrees of success///lol...

abi, i remember watching lawrence welk with my grandparents...happy to hear she was feeling a little perkier!...

bec, that's a great story - thanks for sharing it...as an italian boy, i am looking forward to visiting italy one day...my kids can't wait to go there...i'm happy you indulged a bit while there and i'm sure you'll drop it off soon...

welcome erin!!!...i think you're the first valley-girl we've had...just teasing - i love l.a....have family all over southern cal...i applaud you for all you have done to get healthier...i think you'll like it here!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Erin! Welcome to the group. I lived in Santa Monica for 10 years (loved it!) and my sister lives in Chatsworth. I love CA! Wish I had never left.

Well, a big whopping 2 ounces loss but, at least it's a loss!!!

Bec-I'm so jealous of you and your trip. I love to travel, but because of my size, I don't fly. I have a list of goals/motivators and that is one of them - to be able to fly and travel again. When things get rough, I pull out the list and read all of the things I can't do, but will be able to do with more weight loss.

Marilee
Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, you are gonna be doing it ALL very soon!...
Old 07-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
marilee, you are gonna be doing it ALL very soon!...
Thanks, Tony! I was a bad girl today. I had a ribeye steak and I ate the whole thing - too much fat and too big a piece. I broke protocol. Oh well! "Stuff" happens.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I haven't been so clean today. Brats, pumpkin pie and ice cream, nuts and jerkey. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. But, fiance' and I walked for an hour and a half this morning.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was stressful and got into the nuts. I hate when I do that and I felt miserable.
Other than that I ate ok. Eggs and bacon for breakfast and drumsticks for dinner..

Mom and I will join some of the family for the parade at 10 today.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Down 3 pounds today!! Glad to see the 'pasta weight' coming off swiftly!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarberLisa
Stats: 188.6/186.6/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 14, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa and I'm looking to get back into low carbing. I did really good a year ago from now low carbing, but due to a highly stressful job I started last August (and recently QUIT!) I am at my highest in years and looking to slim down. Low carb was the only thing that enabled me to control my hunger and "binging" where a low calorie / high carb diet isn't able to. I'd have to lose a little over 50lbs to be at my goal weight.

I restarted LC yesterday. I overate in terms of what I wanted to eat, but I figured eating a ton of pepperoni and cheese in place of giving into my craving for chocolate ice cream would be better than giving in to the sugary ice cream. I'm thinking I need to come up with a good quick recipe for mock ice cream. I'm thinking I'll experiment with freezing coconut milk and using a blender and just come up with my own ice cream.

Well I'm hoping to lose 30lbs by September 30. Will see where I'm at by then. I hate that I can't fit into my skinny clothes, and that I'm not comfortable in my own skin. I'm getting back into working out, and I'm even participating in a 6 week boot camp at my gym. The person who loses the most inches and bodyfat wins $500. This week is my third week and I haven't lost, but gained a pound. Sigh. Hopefully low carb will help get me there. The trainer wanted me to lose 15lbs and drop my body fat by 7% by next weigh in. I might be able to drop 15lbs, but I'm not sure about the body fat. I haven't been working out as much as I'd like so I'm sure if I just stick to a schedule, I could do it.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Happy 4th everyone!
Sidenote: I gained another half pound. Back up to 183. It was the cookout last night. I think I had 2 too many meatballs, putting my carbs up to around 30. (dang it!) And I'm sure it had too much sodium in the foods. But I stayed on plan! No cheats. Just didn't know how to count the carbs in the meatballs correctly.. (I even went to the trash and dug out the chili sauce bottle she used on them, to see how many carbs were in the sauce. LOL) That's dedication!!! I tried. .. kinda
Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy independence day, kids...we live in a neighborhood out in the country and i swear one of my neighbors set off thousands of dollars worth of fireworks last night...it was as good as almost any i've seen in a big town display...i enjoyed the whole thing from my living room...

marilee, if the worst thing you do is eat a little too much steak, you're doing pretty darn good...lol...

vicki, good job on the walk - will probably help metabolize some of the off-plan eating...it is a holiday weekend after all :-)

abi, hope you and your mom are enjoying the parade...i'm vegging on the couch right now - yesterday was my exercise day, so today is a day of sloth, i'm afraid...good job limiting the damage to some extra nuts - that won't hurt much and the rest of your menu was so good!

bec, i think you're gonna win the daily weight loss prize today - wow!...3 lbs!...way to go, girl!

welcome, lisa!!!...happy to have you with us...we all know EXACTLY how you feel and being a part of this group for the last 15 months has helped me achieve weight loss and changes in habits that i never was able to accomplish before...i hope it will help you as much...i think what makes it special is the lack of severeness and judgment...i guess there is enough of that in many other places...some folks need a drill sergeant and others need understanding and support...we are the latter bunch :-)

hi nikki,
i LOVE meatballs and always have too many :-) i think you did a great job...don't worry about the daily weight fluctuations...our bodies try to hold onto the fat, but take one good meal/snack at a time and you will achieve a downward trend...i try to set a goal of 1 lb. loss per week and let the long term goals take care of themselves...

i had an okay day yesterday...didn't eat enough during the day (a recurring problem) and ate too much last night...i will be leaving tomorrow for about 10 days on the road - rv trip to nashville to move my daughter there...i should drop a few pounds over that time, so my goal will be to get back under 210 by the end of next week...i won't have a scale with me, so i will have to be extra vigilant...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

welcome, lisa!!!...happy to have you with us...we all know EXACTLY how you feel and being a part of this group for the last 15 months has helped me achieve weight loss and changes in habits that i never was able to accomplish before...i hope it will help you as much...i think what makes it special is the lack of severeness and judgment...i guess there is enough of that in many other places...some folks need a drill sergeant and others need understanding and support...we are the latter bunch :-)
Thanks! I know from past experience with low carb, logging onto this site has helped. I don't know anyone that follows low carb or anyone who doesn't think it's healthy. Sigh. I initially used low carb years ago when it was popular and it helped me lose almost 30lbs. I didn't follow strictly, and I did eat carbs here and there. But I was also almost 18 years old with a better metabolism. I maintained at that weight until I joined the army years later. Now, here I am struggling to lose it again. I'm atleast happy to say that all I have planned is college so I have all the time in the world right now to work on my eating habits. School doesn't start for me until August 22.

Well, so far I'm doing very good today. I had an egg cream for breakfast and I'm drinking one right now for lunch. I'm trying to follow along the lines of a M/E fast with mostly eggs. It's economical for me, especially since I just left a good high paying job (LOL) so it also saves me money. Heck, I bought 10 dozen eggs for less than $7. I've been adding in flax seed oil in my egg creams. I remember taking flax seed oil daily almost 3 years ago, and without much effort I lost 3lbs a week and I def contribute it to the flax seed oil. Besides the effortless weight loss, I want to take it for health reasons. I want to live a long time, without any health issues, and I have been living the last few years eating terribly. I'm also not a seafood eater so I'd rather supplement.

For dinner I'm thinking about scrambled eggs with cheese. I have been trying to limit my cheese, so it looks like I'll be measuring it from now on.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group!!!

Well, the good news is I lost 6 ounces since yesterday so I'm not at more new numbers - 288!!!!!!!! So happy!

I went to the dresser and pulled out a pair of shorts I haven't worn in years (I wear them around the house - still way too fat to wear shorts in public) and THEY FIT! and I mean "fit". they aren't too tight or uncomfortable - just right! I have an old ugly pair that I'm now going to throw away!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! So thankful to live here in the good ole USA! I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live.

Have a great day!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, congrats on the new numbers and on the shorts...it's great when you can throw away big, old clothes and know you'll never need 'em again...

lisa, first, thank you for your service to this great country...it wouldn't be here for people like me, if not for people like you... :-)

hmmm, so flaxseed oil helps with weight loss?...how much of it do you use and how often?...

guys, i have been enjoying crustless quiche today - sooooo good - one was made with eggs, cream, spinach and feta cheese and the other with broccoli and a little cheddar...i am trying not to overdo the cheese either...just mix, pour in a glass pie plate sprayed with pam, and bake...
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
marilee, congrats on the new numbers and on the shorts...it's great when you can throw away big, old clothes and know you'll never need 'em again...

lisa, first, thank you for your service to this great country...it wouldn't be here for people like me, if not for people like you... :-)

hmmm, so flaxseed oil helps with weight loss?...how much of it do you use and how often?...

guys, i have been enjoying crustless quiche today - sooooo good - one was made with eggs, cream, spinach and feta cheese and the other with broccoli and a little cheddar...i am trying not to overdo the cheese either...just mix, pour in a glass pie plate sprayed with pam, and bake...
Thanks!

When I was using it daily 3 years ago, I only took a tbsp a day. Right now, I'm aiming for 1-2tbsps a day. I've just started retaking it again. I've read that it's anti-inflammatory since it's high in omega fats which could explain the weight loss. Also, I didn't have any bathroom issues after taking this daily and I have always had bathroom trouble even when I eat fiber. If you do a google search on weight loss using flax seed oil, you can find a lot of information. That's how I found out about it when I was watching what I ate, working out, and I wasn't losing anything. And that's when I was watching my calories rather than following a low carb diet.

Last edited by LowCarberLisa; 07-04-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Closed Thread