Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
could use some energy.

i feel like a zombie who has not had his daily requirement of brains (any volunteers?). I am sure I will snap out of it before the week is over. But i must do something systematically about increasing energy. I did the gym on Saturday, but i will not be back till Wed. after work. If the steak did not spoil, I will have that for supper. I also have 1/2 of my roast chicken from the diner (yesterday's lunch). that will be tomorrow's lunch or breakfast. I HATE Mondays. Love & Profits:FLAT- in a funky mood FERENGHI

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Sorry, ff, you don't want my brains - they are fried from the heat. 111 today and 116 by Wednesday. We usually get those temps in July.

No loss today - no gain either. I've dropped 10 pounds since the 15th so I guess my body is taking a much needed rest.

Yes, we had another Haboob (dust storm) last week, which makes 3. None have been as dramatic as the first one that made international news.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #453

i am a tad de-funked now, Gibby

i read a wonderful thread by 'Bejewelme' in the main lobby. Recommended reading btw. That sorted me out bz (by Zeus!). How is the autumn thru spring weather in Phoenix? I would not visit anyplace (except Vegas)where the weather is above 75 degrees. You have my sympathies. I had no breakfast, and I am not hungry now. I just may have a Laughing Cow Wedge, if i feel Mr Appetite returning by the afternoon break. As a matter of fact, perhaps I will have it sooner than that...like right now. It has been much longer than 6 hrs, and it seems i am breaking that rule. So, let us try to salvage something out of this 'verfuchte Montag (accursed Monday). FF
Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #454

that was verfluchte Montag.

i left out the L. sorry. FF
Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys! I didn't do too well yesterday. I went out to dinner with my Aunt and was doing great with my salad and broiled chicken...until they brought the bread basket! So, no surprise, I was up a couple of pounds this morning. But today is going quite well so hope to have it off tomorrow.
Gibby, congrats on doing so well! I see that you are following the HHCG plan. I have heard of it but what exactly does it consist of? Are there any good sites that I could look at?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Back at work today and hoping to get back on track.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #457

there is a great pita bread-Toufayan is the brand name

Netrition has it as well. when u go out to eat, put 1 in your purse. 7 net gr of carb per unit (6 per pack)9 gr fiber for a total of 16 gr. Remember, IF U FAIL TO PLAN, U PLAN TO FAIL. I have learned (the hard way)to leave as little to chance as possible. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 08-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #458

steak was great...of course!!!

i just took out some turkey wings from the oven. they are cooling now. I will make the rest tomorrow. Theoretically, they SHOULD yield 8 portions. We shall see. FF
Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, how is your energy level doing as the week progresses? I did muster up the energy to mow Mom's lawn yesterday. My two brothers had mowed it the last two times so figured I'd get my turn in while it was cool. Toufayan is a delicious pita bread. I used to eat alot of it years ago. I would just put it in the toaster and eat it crunchy with nothing on it.

Artemis, that bread is so sneaky. Why do they always start baking the bread in the grocery store just when I'm starting to shop and I am starving? Glad you had a good day yesterday.

Vicki, did you have longer than the weekend off from work? It is easier to stay on track when I'm out of the house and away from the kitchen.

Marilee,10 pounds since the 15th is just amazing! You have got to feel so motivated!

Had the leftover steak yesterday and some pork ribs. No veggies or cheese. Did cook a meal for Mom's next door neighbor who has had some very sad things happen in last two weeks and will be undergoing two surgeries shortly.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-23-2011 at 02:15 AM..
Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #460

feeling a bit more alive, today.

I will get some walking in this evening. Tomorrow after work is the gym. I keep forgetting, that in spite of my motivation, that I am from Ferenghinar, not Krypton. I am not used to 4-5 gym workouts a week. I will get there..in time. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Well I was still up those 2 lbs this morning even though I did well yesterday. Why ever did I eat that darn bread?! I am also super sensitive to salt so it could be that I ate something with a lot of sodium yesterday without realizing it. So last night I broiled a whole lot of chicken and ate some for breakfast, will have some more for dinner. If I try this for a few days and I am still up at least I'll be able to rule out the salt theory.

I know what you mean about finding the energy to work out doing low carb! I work out almost on a daily basis and have been for years, but I am used to eating fruits and whole grains which give me energy.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down another 1.6 today

Artemis-I'm not ignoring your request for hhcg information. I'll send you a PM so as not to bore others with it. I'll try to get it done today. In any even, just do a web search on it and you should get all of the information.

Need to get to work - TTYL
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #463

just finished lunch.

it was the 2nd 1/2 of Sunday's lunch: chicken breast with wing, and a few sad looking string beans. It was great, and even better that I am able to divide restaurant meals in half and save a slip of latinum or two. I hope i can achieve that privately as well. I only eat when i am REALLY hungry. I wait a while to see if it is truly hunger, then i dig in. FF
Old 08-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #464

shake, rattle, and roll.

did anyone feel the earthquake besides me? it was centered nw of Richmond, VA, and spread to SC and up the NE corrider. fortunately no structural damage reported thus far, esp nuclear reactors, bridges, tunnels, subways etc. I wonder though, how many cookies crumbled during the seismic shock. FF
Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
well, well, well, look who's back!...me!...and i see artemis has tried to upstage my return with a return of her own...hmmm...lol...just kidding, artemis, it is GREAT to see you posting again...

well, kiddies, i have not read back through all the posts i missed yet, so forgive me for not commenting appropriately on everyone's progress...i read this page and am AMAZED by marilee's incredible losses since the 15th...WOWOWEEEEE!!!

well, we had a great trip out west...made it to yellowstone - actually went through 18 states all-tolled and drove through nashville on the way back to visit our daughter...it was a whirlwind trip in the rv - drove almost 6000 miles and made it back in one piece...

we had 4 of our 5 kids with us and it was awesome!...saw lots of wildlife including grizzlies and black bears, elk, buffalo, prairie dogs, several varieties of deer, eagles, etc etc etc...drove the beartooth pass which approaches yellowstone from the northeast...if you haven't done that, put it on your bucket list...

you would have been proud of my eating and discipline on the trip...some salty snacks, but overall i ate very low carb and moderately...i think i have some water gain but on the mechanical scale, i look 1-2 lbs. lighter than i was when i left...

i HAVE to get a new digital scale to take the guesswork out of this...but i was pleased with my performance - i did forego SO MANY yummy treats - but i thought about you guys and was afraid that if i strayed, ff would kick my butt now that he is so buff and working out 5 days a week!...that kept me in line :-)

great to be back...i missed y'all!...

today:
b: handful of cherries
l: skipped - catching up at work
d: ? (maybe steak tips)

i'm hungry and will have to eat something good soon!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back!!!!!

To say we missed you would be an understatement!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Tony! I wondered where you were.
Quick question - what are your opinions about ketostix? What time is best to test and how frequent? How much pink do you need to see? I've seen so many differing statements throughout the threads that I thought I might get your thoughts...
Old 08-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome home Tony, glad to see you back.

Artemis, man, I can sure beat myself up to when I eat off plan, hang in there.

Abi, I am a professor at a community college and have the summers off. So, yea, a verrrry long weekend LOL.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #469

so glad to have u back. we are proud of u too.

i hope u took some pix. Out of a subliminal reflex, as I read about the wildlife u saw, i grabbed my knife and fork. FF
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very funny, ff, but the truth is that we were gawking at these animals during the day and eating elk burgers and buffalo steaks at night :-)

btw, thanks for the warm welcome everyone - it is great to be back...

i baked salmon tonight and it was so yummy - had some steamed broccoli sprinkled with olive oil and parmesan cheese and corn-on-the-cob with it...the corn was so sweet, it didn't even need butter...i know that isn't LC, but it was the only real carbs i ate all day and it was worth it...

i have been good about not eating carbs mindlessly, but making sure when i eat them, they are whole foods and worth eating...

ff, the kids took pics...as soon as they give me access, i'll try to post some...can i do that here?

sorry, artemis, i don't know much about the ketostix - haven't used them in awhile...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Tony! We really missed you! The trip sounds terrific and it sounds like you did very well in the eating dept. Did you surprise your daughter in Nashville or did she know you were coming?

Vicki, what a neat job! What do you teach?

Artemis, I don't know anything about the ketostix but I did read the other day if you cut them down the middle you can double the amt. and they still give you a reading.

FF, I didn't feel the earthquake here in New Hampshire because I was driving at the time but people all over the area felt it and reported it on Facebook. My cousin works at the nuclear plant and it shook up her glass of orange juice. Now that's a scary thought.

Marilee, another loss today? I hope so!

Yesterday I ate the last 3 pork ribs, had an oz of cheese and brocolli with sour cream dip.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #472

u can certainly post the pix here.

someone just posted her cruise pix on another part of lcf. I could use 80 winks. I spent all night e-mailing apologies to everyone affected by the quake. In my haste to get to work, I realized when I got home last evening, that i accidentally left my vibrator. on. Oops!!! I was insatiably hungry. I am such a good cook dammit!!! However i stayed within my weekly 20 gr load. Oh, I began OWL 2 days ago. As i WAS vlc, step 1 was to get up to 20 grams. Next week, i will do 25. I have to buy some ketostix, so i will know when enough is enough. FF
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Well I am so very happy to announce that those 2 extra pounds from the bread are GONE! Woo hoo! Now to lose some real weight again...
Thanks for the info on the ketostix! I have used them off and on every time I go low carb, and mine never get above slight to middle pink. I think I read in one of the posts that Atkins said if it's any shade of pink, you're in ketosis and that's all that matters. In fact, sometimes mine are even below trace and I still lose.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Yes, down another 1.1

Regarding keotsis sticks-when I was doing Atkins, the dang things hard ever changed and it made me depressed and want to give up because I was being faithful to the program. I stopped using them - I could tell I was in ketosis because of the horrible taste in my mouth

Tony-sometimes you just have to have corn on the cob.....I love it and haven't had it in ages, but I would have had some too! Something you just need for your soul.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #475

i concur with Gibby.-

certain foods are part of who we are. when we abstain for too long, it is like Identity Theft in a manner of speaking. My problem has ALWAYS been that i have no control of those IDENTITY foods. But, i am improving. I know that before the year is out, i WILL have a LARGE Nathan's fries, and a LARGE Wendy's frosty. but now i will be able to burn it off at the gym, and i have enough self control that i can enjoy such things once in a while, and get back on the horse immediately. For once, i am actually looking forward to the gym this evening, cause i really overdid the calories last night, but stayed at 20 grams. FF
Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, you sure didn't eat much yesterday...we wanted to surprise sarah but then chickened out cuz we were afraid we'd drive all that way and she'd have plans or be out...

congrats to artemis and marilee on the losses!...way to go, girls!...

btw, i agree about the corn on the cob, marilee and ff!...lol...save a few of the nathan's fries for me!...

had a great day:
b: 3 oz salmon
l: 3 oz salmon
d: lobster and steamed clams in butter
Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, they were big fatty country style ribs and I ate alot of brocolli. I have a big appetite and hate to be hungry. lol, that's my problem!

Scraped and painted the bottom half of Mom's garage door yesterday. It needed it very much and looks so much better. Going to trim the vine growing over the trellis in her flower garden today. It has taken on a life of it's own. My sister and I will take her for her hair appointment today and then I will have the afternoon and evening off. Need to do some caulking around a window in the garage which has a leak before Irene arrives Sunday!

Yesterday I had ground beef, brocolli and dip and an oz of cheese.

Will check back in later!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 AM   #478

wussed out on the way to the gym yesterday.

i missed 3 empty busses, and had to stand on the 1st of the 2 busses i take to go home or the gym. My feet were in such pain, that i had to go home. I will try again tomorrow. Had 2 dinners last night, 1 was intentional. For the details, see the 100 lb challlenge thread in the Playground. but, i did stay within my allotted 20 grams for the day. Next week, i will try doing 25 a day. But, i am tie-ing my total net grams for the day with my exercise intensity. Until i can really enhance the physical activity, i will not go higher than 25. FF
Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #479
Blabbermouth!!!

I am "fasting" for lab work this morning. I also stepped on the scale and wasn't too surprised by the number, 209. Ok, so I have gained back a whopping 39 lbs from my goal weight of 170 of which I fluctuated about 5 lbs from in either direction. At one point I was around 162 but averaged 170-173.

I am dreading what the numbers are for my lipid profile. But, I kind of have renewed hope and gumption, at least we will see about that LOL. So, if I can get back in full swing with my eating plan and have my labs redone in 6 months, I can bet those numbers will be better.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 08-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Ok, no loss for yesterday, just stayed the same! But, I did do some intense kickboxing so I am probably gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. So today I'll just do some light walking. If I lose today, I'll probably alternate between the two so that I can lose fat and gain muscle.

Sorry to hear about the workout FF! Boy have I been there before! There are a lot of days I simply don't feel like doing it!

Good luck with the lab tests, Vicki!
Closed Thread