Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Marilee, WTG

It may be too early, but, I have eaten clean for two meals so far and nothing in between. Let's hope I can finish out the day this way.

I know you can do it!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
is it a struggle to get thru the day?

i devise ways to see to it that it is not a struggle. Frankly, i just do not want to work too hard at it. I expect to get to goal, with merely being conscious, focused. and with some exercise about 5 days a week. I have enough work to do, w/o making weight loss a great effort as well. FF
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, how did the rest of yesterday go? Hoping you got a full clean day in. It can be so hard to get back in the groove. I try so hard to stay there once I get there because I know how hard it is to get back there.

Yea Marilee, on the 1 .4 drop yesterday! That hcg program really works good! By the way, what is an akmak cracker?

FF, any movement on the belt holes? Know that was what you were judging your loss with last month because you weren't weighing.

Yesterday I had coffee with cream, coconut oil, a hot dog, some cube steak, brocolli and cauliflower with sour cream dip.

It's my afternoon and evening off today so will check back in later. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-18-2011 at 12:51 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #424

the magic does not happen very quickly, Abi.

If i made another belt hole, it would cut off my circulation, and may exacerbate other complications. FF
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

lol FF, well don't do that!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down another pound today

Abi - Akmak crackers are great! They aren't lc, but since I'm on the hcg program, I am permitted to have 2 a day (actually 4, but I limit myself).

They are in the cracker section of the store - "ak-mak" is on the label. They are a 100% organicaly grown whole wheat flour....sesame cracker.

Here's today's eats:

B-black coffee with sweetener and a few strawberries
L-3 oz b/s chicken breast; cucumber; 1 ak-mak cracker; apple
D-lettuce wrapped turkey burgers w/tomato, onion, pickle, mustard and a miniscule amount of lc catsup; 1 ak-mak cracker; watermelon for desert

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 08-18-2011 at 07:28 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I had banana bread between meals yesterday but supper went ok. Today, so far so good.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #428

nothing really new; just checking in.

trying to decide what to have for dinner. giving Chinese a break. On Thurs evenings. it is usually McD, because it is right across the street from the bank. but, i might walk the 10 minutes to the diner,. and get something to go. I hate eating alone at a restaurant (unless it is a fast food place). The menu at the diner is as long as Homer's Iliad. FF
Old 08-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I hate eating alone at even the fast food places unless I have a newspaper to look at while I am eating. Just too self conscious I guess. What did you end up getting to eat at the diner?

Marilee, so happy you have dropped another pound!

Vicki, how did the rest of yesterday go? Banana bread is hard to resist. My sister in law does alot of baking on the weekends and brings stuff to Mom's for her eat. This week it was zuchini bread and I am the one that has to cut her a slice and serve it. It would be so much easier if I did not have to have all the temptations right in my face all the time. lol

Yesterday I had my coffee with cream, 1 Tbl of coconut oil, two hot dogs, 1 oz of sharp cheddar cheese, and brocolli and cauliflower with sour cream dip. I enjoyed my evening off, read a little and watched two episodes of NCIS.

Have a great day everyone! By the way, what kind of work does everyone do? In Alabama for the 10 years before we moved back to take care of our mothers I worked for two different resorts on the gulf coast supervising the custodial staff. Road around in a golf cart and walked miles and miles of condo walkways, around pools, down board walks seeing what needed to be taken care of. Over the years I worked 11 years for a corrugated box company as a sales correspondent, owned a custom picture framing shop for several years and taught school one year.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't do so hot the rest of the day, best not to go in to detail. But, having at least one to two clean meals for the past two days is hopeful.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #431

actually the magnet of McD was too strong.

I took home 3 Angus bacon cheese burgers. Gobbled them down like chips. Please see my thread (OBSERVATIONS)on the Main Lobby. it tells the story. FF
Old 08-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF! Down another 2 pounds this morning, which puts me out of the dreaded 300's for hopefully, the last time!!!!

Abi-I work for an advertising agency and am the Supervisor of the Media Department. I also buy radio and TV time for our clients.

Speaking of which....need to get to work. TTYL!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

The angus burgers sound very good to me. I have eaten ground beef about 75% of the time since I started low carbing in 2007. Sometimes it does not taste that good, like they ground up some really lean beef but most of the time I really enjoy eating it. Throw in some cheese and I am in hog heaven. FF, what is the difference in posting in the Main Lobby and the Lounge? I have never posted in either one and have only started looking at your posts in both.

Marilee, that sounds like a very interesting job. Nothing boring about communications. Down another 2 pounds - fantastic!

Vicki, hang in there. Stockpile some really delicious low carb food that just calls to you!

Hope Tony and family are having a blast at Yellowstone. Have not followed the weather out there this week. Hoping it has been sunny and not overly hot.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #434

good for you, gibby. down another 2.

yes, no more 3domland. 2dorland to stay, until u get to 1derland. I hope i can say the same for me on 9/1/11. FF
Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #435

tomorrow, i will learn from past mistakes...my own...

i am saving my feet for the dreadmill. this is also my last vlc weekend. Monday begins week 1 of OWL. FF
Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys! Not sure if you remember me, but I was part of the last Blitz. I went M. I. A. for a bit because I have been battling some health conditions. It's a long story that I'll spare you from, but the only way I can seem to keep my weight anywhere in check is to watch my carbs, so here I am! Hoping that it's not too late to join you guys!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back, Artemis! It's never too late....
Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Artemis! Sorry about the health issues. Keeping with the low carb can only help to keep you healthy.

Yesterday I had brocolli and cauliflower with sour cream dip, an oz of cheese, 3 tiny tomatoes, and hamburg meat. Also had my coffee with cream during the day.

Wondering what Nancy is up to?

Have a great Saturday everybody!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down another pound today

TTYL - need to get my Saturday chores done.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, you have got to be so excited to be dropping the pounds like that! I am excited for you!

I just put two packs of pork country style ribs in the oven to have ready for tonight's dinner and for the next few days. They were so reasonable - $1.59 a pound. I will probably put some hot sauce on them when I go to eat them. DH bought some beef filets to wrap in bacon and cook on the grill for tomorrow. So good eats for a couple of days.

FF, I know you have said what OWL stands for but I can't remember. I'm sure it has something to do with upping your carbs some.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #441

welcome back, Artemis.

Yes, of course I remember u. I had thought you had returned to Olympus, to visit your brother and sister deities. Regardless, of your situation, it would be most beneficial to stay in the loop. I was either posting, or merely reading other posts during my worst off-plan period. I am certain it facilitated my returning to plan (4/1/10). Abi, to answer your questions: LOUNGE & PLAGROUND are parts of LCF, where u have the liberty of posting OFF TOPIC topics. I post my bon mots there. OWL is Ongoing Weight Loss aka Phase II of ATKINS DANDR. I do not expect to go higher than 35 net grams a day until I am about 10 lbs from goal. 35 will give me enough for salads, veggies, lc bread, and my weekly sacraments at the lc bakery. But 1st, on Monday, I will raise myself to 20. I have been so VLC that 20 is about as much shock as the body can handle for now.Of course, raising carbs is the easy part. Lowering CRITTER portions on a regular basis THE REAL CHALLENGE FOR ME. FF
Old 08-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

You are doing great Marilee.

I had a disappointed supper tonight. I made BLT's and did mine on a LC tortilla, yuck. I like it better without any bread and between leaf lettuce. I get a CSA and got corn, it was immature, tasteless and very small kernels. I couldn't sink my teeth into it if you know what I mean. I replaced last weeks tasteless cantaloupe with a different variety this week, bought a seedless watermelon and was given a seeded yellow watermelon: all tasteless and went into trash. I refuse to eat that kind of food. I am full but not fulfilled at all.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Bummer, Vicki. I hate that feeling that I have eaten my allotment and it was not satisfying at all. Hope the meals taste better today.

FF, ok, on going weight loss, makes sense to me now. It is amazing you have been able to keep your carbs under 20 for so long. Enjoy the added variety that adding in additional carbs will afford you.

Artemis, how did yesterday go for you?

I had a couple of the country style pork ribs yesterday with hot sauce on them. They weren't bad. I think I over cooked them a little but that won't keep me from eating them.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'll be having bacon and eggs for breakfast when we go out to eat after breakfast. Later steak on the grill!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! So, I've been back on low carb for 3 days and am down 3 lbs! I have also been walking, kickboxing, and drinking tons of water. I felt like I lost more than that, but I will take whatever I can get at this point!
As for my ultimate goals: I had lost 125 lbs several years back and a little bit has inched back on over the years. It's only a couple sizes so I shouldn't beat myself up too much, but I would love to be back in my Size 6 jeans In fact, I was just awarded a postdoctoral fellowship which starts in October (my first professional job!) so I would love to feel great picking out some new (skinnier) clothes!
Anywho, how is everyone else doing? Good luck in the upcoming week!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #445

actually, i was never bored on vlc.

but i really want and need more produce in my life. (carrots and fruit are still a no-no for now) Today, i have been picking at a small bag of pork rinds. i am meeting a friend for lunch at the neighborhood diner at 1 pm. I am abstaining from red meat for lunch, because my STEAK is, right now, absorbing the flavors of my dry rub. I shall have it at about 7pm with some sauted veggies. FF
Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #446

very impressed, Artemis19....with all of it.

what field is your post doctoral fellowship in, if i may ask? FF
Old 08-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Thanks FF! My specialty is neurological diseases. They are so devastating and none of them really have effective cures yet. So, it keeps me busy!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody! Down another pounds today....

Received some bad news - my best friend and her husband (also a friend) are moving to Idaho and will be gone in 3-4 months. I'm sad, but I didn't cave -stayed on plan!!!

It's going to be record breaking hot this week - can't wait for Fall.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, good going! I bet you can't wait to jump on those scales everyday! Sorry about the continuing hot, hot weather in Phoenix and that your good friends are moving away. Good girl for not caving when you got the bad news. Didn't you have another dust storm this week again?

Artemis, fantastic that you lost 125 pounds in the past and that you are not going to let it creep back on. I wish you much success with your new job in October. My mother has Parkinson's Disease among other health issues. Knowing people like you are looking for cures makes me happy.

Hey FF, what's for dinner? How was your steak last night? My filet was delicious and there are leftovers for today. DH had wrapped them in bacon and it added such a delicious flavor to them.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #450

sorry Gibby, but u can still communicate with them.

it will give u a reason to visit Idaho (leave the potatos alone.)Life has a way of dumping the unexpected on us. It does a good job of it too. I went to bed early yesterday. the steak will have to wait for me. I woke up with no appetite this morning. It was very difficult finding the ability to get out of bed. but, I was out last Monday, so I had to come in. Now i am in. FF
Closed Thread