Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i decided i would do the b & b in Boston.

i have talked about it in my mind often enough. Also, as i do not drive, i can walk and use public transportation. I would take the train from nyc on thur. 9/29/11, and...regrettably... go home on Sun 10/2/11. I am looking for something very basic around $75.00. I have been on the web since 9:30pm, and these b & bs are priced like deluxe hotels. I would very much love to meet some local low carbers. That would be the icing on the lc cake. I am awaiting your collective wisdom. I did the recumbent bike this evening-28 minutes. Then, the machines...chest muscles and biceps. Tomorrow, after the LONG WALK, and a light lunch, the bike, the biceps, and the back(muscles.)I feel like I am accomplishing something, BUT, i do not look any different. Also, there are mirrors everywhere. Not really happy about that. Well, i'll just keep plugging. Maybe, i will look different this time next year. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, a trip to Boston would be great. DH had business there once and I went with him. I walked the Freedom Trail and saw alot of wonderful historic places I had only read about. Mention this plan at the different low carb sites you check in with including the Lounge if you haven't already and maybe someone lives there and will put you up for free for 3 nights. And you certainly will look alot different this time next year!

No skunks this morning when I took Bama out but we went out front. Did not dare go in the back yard and may not until the dreaded snow comes and the skunks are in hibernation!

Yesterday I had several cups of coffee with heavy cream and one with a Tbl of coconut oil. Also an ounce of sharp cheddar cheese, two tiny tomatoes, a couple of bites of pot roast and two large chicken thighs with crispy fat on them. Also drank a couple of bottles of water.

Everyone have a great day. The weather in New Hampshire has been heavenly this week. I am really enjoying it.

Last edited by Abigale; 08-13-2011 at 01:48 AM..
Old 08-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
i have talked about it in my mind often enough. Also, as i do not drive, i can walk and use public transportation. I would take the train from nyc on thur. 9/29/11, and...regrettably... go home on Sun 10/2/11. I am looking for something very basic around $75.00. I have been on the web since 9:30pm, and these b & bs are priced like deluxe hotels. I would very much love to meet some local low carbers. That would be the icing on the lc cake. I am awaiting your collective wisdom. I did the recumbent bike this evening-28 minutes. Then, the machines...chest muscles and biceps. Tomorrow, after the LONG WALK, and a light lunch, the bike, the biceps, and the back(muscles.)I feel like I am accomplishing something, BUT, i do not look any different. Also, there are mirrors everywhere. Not really happy about that. Well, i'll just keep plugging. Maybe, i will look different this time next year. FF
when fiance' and I stayed at a B&B last week, they accommodated my low carb breakfast request. At the time of the reservation they asked if there were any special dietary requests. Thankfully the person who cooks the breakfast was familiar with Atkins. I had a fruit parfait with whipped real cream and sweetner; veggie fritata; Fiber One cereal with cream (others had a coffee cake). I know the cereal wasn't exactly low carb and the fruit was lower carb fruits such as berries.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, that was a nice touch from the B&B. I wonder if alot of them do that?
Old 08-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi Everyone

Hope your weekends are going well. I am on day 5 of back on track. Definitely getting better at resisting the really bad stuff.

Cooked up a huge beef casserole with dried porcini mushrooms today, it made 5 portions so now I have some good meals in the freezer. It is delicious, had a good taste earlier! It cooked in the oven for over 3 hours today so I am thinking this could be a good thing to cook in the winter too.

I'd like to get back into the 140s in the next week, that's the plan!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #396

ooh, Becin...u really must give us the recipe ....

for the beef casserole. It sounds (and surely tastes)totally delish. Perhaps i ought to postpone the B&B, untill off season. Perhaps i ought to check into the YMCA (should I be the cowboy or the construction worker?) Please check my post (The Gods pulled some strings)in the main lobby for some wonderful news) FF
Old 08-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bec, I love the flavor of mushrooms and beef together! So glad you are building up a good strong resolve for clean eating. They say nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels!

FF, when I got to Mom's last evening she was watching PBS. They were featuring a concert of an 11 year old girl with the voice of an angel. When she sang Puccini's Nessum Dorma I thought of your enjoyment of the operas.

Yesterday I had coffee with cream and one cup with coconut oil, water, pot roast, two tiny tomatoes, and brocolli and cauliflower dipped in my sour cream and ranch seasoning.

Happy Sunday to everybody!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #398

thanks abi, for the thought.

i took voice lessons back in the 80's. but it depended on my being on the nyc subway system. NY subway gives the the creeps. so that was the end of that. i will try again for the boston b&b long weekend off season (like the day when the sun expands to engulf the inner planets). Perhaps then, i will get a price i can afford. I am supposed to be at the B & N, and on my way home to the gym. However, I woke up and my legs were like logs. I keep forgetting, that despite my motivation, I am NOT from Krypton, but from Ferenghinar. Frankly, the oxygen % in your atmosphere sucks. In any case, today is a day to recharge my batteries, so to speak. And, as soon as the caffeine enters my bloodstream, i will get my laundry done. The machines are in the building. So, it looks as if, to get in my 5 x a week gym attendance, it will be M,T,W,F,Sat. Today will be high calorie and very vlc day. BKFST: cheese omelet with pork sausage and 3 slices bacon plus iced coffee black, no sweeteners. I just finished the solids. Still slurping the joe. LUNCH: 1 (or 2) 5 oz can starkist solid white tuna scooped up by pork rinds. DINNER: i still have 8 slices of chinese roast pork, which i shall augment with shrimp and broc OR shrimp in garlic sauce ( ATKINS-IZED). I between, i shall try to occupy myself in such a way, that my trips to the fridge will be for liquids only. I have not been home all day for quite a while. I just may go over to the shoprite for some celery(if my legs have thawed by the late afternoon). we shall see. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ON-PLAN. FF
Old 08-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #399

got the celery and the steak...

and plenty more FAYGO choc soda. I also got a package of lc pitas. (3.5 net gr for 1/2 pita) . I shall be running out of the lc bread by Tuesday. I am, by the grace of the Gods, in total control. In the past, I had, on occasion, totalled the whole package in one sitting. No danger of that now. I am now enjoying the last few hrs of free time in total serenity. FF
Old 08-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, sorry your legs felt like logs yesterday. Some days are like that. We just have to go with the flow. You must have had a fit when the drawstring on your shorts broke at the store the other day but glad you found the red shorts fit now! I've only been to the city once a couple of years ago. I was with my niece who lived there for a number of years and knew her way around, with my sister and daughter and several other ladies. We went to see Wicked and out to eat, and some shopping. Taking the subway would have creeped me out too without the big group I was with. I am just a small town girl and just walking down the crowded streets was a little unsettling.

Yesterday I had my scrambled eggs and bacon when we went out for breakfast after church and later I had an ounce of horseradish cheese, a hamburger and brocolli and cauliflower dipped in sour cream and ranch seasoning. Coffee with cream, one Tbl of coconut oil and some water.

Hey Jenny, Beth, Bec, Marilee and Vicki! Have a great day and if there are any lurkers out there stop by and tell us about yourselves!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

ff, all this talk about Boston reminded me of the Dave Loggins song "Please Come To Boston" LOL

I have my annual gynecological appt. on Thursday and I hate, and I mean HATE stepping on the dang scale every time I go to the doctors office. I know I am going to be heavier than a year ago.

I am trying to get my head back into getting back on track as far as the low carb/healthier way of eating because I know I feel better when I am following that type of plan. When I was doing that over a year ago and was losing and/or maintaining a wt loss, I did allow myself to eat occasional treats such as Xmas cookies, pizza etc. I just didn't go overboard and had a reasonable portion size and I was able to maintain. So, to me that was "normal" enough for me.

I don't know what happened that I have gone off the deep end as far as eating goes. So, I want to get back to that "normal". I know I am going to have to "white knuckle" it for a few days to get the crap out of my system and get accustomed to a more disciplined woe. But, once I get there, it won't be difficult to maintain.

I have a whole chicken in the crockpot and have egg, tuna, crabmeat salad made up along with HB eggs. A bowl full of tossed salad and veggies cleaned, so no excuse LOL.

I do know when I have a crappy self esteem and I am loading up on unhealthy crap, I feel icky physically and emotionally which affects my fiance' in the way of the intimacy dept. if you know what I mean. So, not only do I owe it to myself to get back on track, I owe it to him and others who can be affected by my moods and such.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Well, I'm back in the groove of my program today. Did the 2-day load period and gained the expected weight from that. Today is day one of 500 calories and I am so looking forward to it! I felt so sick last night from all the loading foods I did. It's nice to be back in my regimen. I should drop the loading weight by Thursday and then on to "new" (but it won't really be new until I get back into the 280's) fat saying bye bye!

Abi-thanks for asking about my brother. I'll let Vicki get us up-to-day, being his daughter and in their neighborhood.....

TTYL

Marilee
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #403

well, this is yet another trip i will have to put on the back burner

i better focus on getting to Vegas in April, anf getting my passport renewed(that is $100.00 alone). I took off today, but stayed on plan. After I called the boss, i fell asleep and woke up at 12:30pm. So i had 2 oz muenster cheese. About 3pm I ordered my usual chinese repertoire. I am grazing now on a small bag of pork rinds. i hope that is all i will have, except for liquids. no coffee today, but lots of seltzer water, diet snapple, and FAYGO chocolate soda.(btw have y'all tried Diet Snapple PLUM-A-GRANATE? For those concerned about which artificial sweetener is used, it is the only diet snapple of which i am aware that is sweetened with sucralose. I get it from time to time because it is delicious.) Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Well I've been out of touch for a long while because I've been so busy this summer and not home much, when I have been home I've had houseguests...and I haven't been eating consistently on plan

It's been quite the whirlwind and I have gained weight--I am determined to get back on track. I know when school starts for my daughter it will be so much easier. I planned too much for this summer and when I get overwhelmed and am socializing I don't eat well..and also drink too much.

I did the same thing to myself last summer. I'm actually pretty disgusted right now because I will be losing the same pounds AGAIN. But I can really feel the weight I've gained and it feels awful...sigh.

Will check in again soon.

It's good to read everyone has been doing well and staying on track.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jenny! So good to hear from you. We all have been where you are right now with gaining back our hard lost pounds. All of what you have been experiencing this summer, the stress, the company work the same on us. Start cutting back today on the carbs and extra calories and before you know it the weight will be coming off you. A couple of clean eating days will get you feeling good about yourself again.

Marilee, how did day one back on the 500 calories go?

FF, are you planning a trip sometime in the future going out of the country? You mentioned getting your passport renewed? Where have you traveled to in the past?

Yesterday I had some ham which was too salty, some pot roast and a hamburger. Also 1oz of sharp cheddar cheese, some cauliflower, coffee with cream, and 1 Tbl of coconut oil.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #406

when i retire, IF i shall be physically and fiscally

attuned, 2 big IFS, I want to spend a few months in Italy, and zigzag a few cities outside of Italy before heading home. If it does not happen before the year 2015, it will not happen. And, no comprimises. I will not do less than the 3-4 months. that means paying 3 or 4 months rent in advance, in addition to the cost of the trip. Right now, it is nothing more than a pipe dream. But without, a valid passport, nothing will happen. Besides, it is a valid i.d. as well. FF
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down 2.8 pounds after my first day of 500 calories on my hhcg...thanks for asking, Abi!

Hi Jenny! So nice to hear from you again! I know what you mean about the frustration of losing the same pounds over and over again. I'm at that place now and it will be a while before I hit "new" numbers. I keep telling myself that I CAN do this.....

ff-it sounds like you have some fun trips scheduled to take. I'm jealous!

TTYL!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #408

good for you, Gibby.

I do not know how u manage only 500 calories, when i am content with no less than 2000 daily, give or take the odd hundred or so. Well, right now, all the trips (save for the Vegas)are all in the vapor stage, i.e. up in the clouds. but it IS nice to have dreams. it helps keep the motivation going. i will not shoot myself if I cannot go. I am a gypsy by nature, or perhaps more like a shark. I must keep moving, or i will die. FF
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-I couldn't do it without the hcg. Among other things (appetitie suppressing; metabolism boosting, gland and hormone balancing,etc.) it releases stored fat and puts it in the blood stream so your body uses it for fuel since 500 calories isn't enough - ergo, you burn fat and still get "fed"......
Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #410

u know what works for u Gibby, and that is good.

on the subject of where i have been in the past, i will confine my answer to
Earth, and in your time. I was priveleged to have spent 2 months in Greece in 1971 (summer natch), 6 weeks in W. Berlin 1977. 2 weeks in Germany, Bayreuth,various places in Bavaria, and 1 week in Vienna in 1983. I am grateful for the experience. If the Gods are gracious, and my pipe dreams become reality, the cities I want to visit are: Prague, Halle, Dresden, Vienna again, IN SEASON this time; also Arles, Paris, London, Edinburgh, & Glasgow. Obviously, there are many, many more, and I will probably have to cut a few from the aforementioned. FF
Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #411

enjoying my afternoon coffee break...

with coffee & the last piece of lc carb cheesecake. I wouldn't dream of having it w/o y'all. One of the few moments of serenity, and Bizet's suite #2from Carmen. (what could be better than that(apart from PROFITS & OOMOX)?The longer it sits in the fridge, the denser it becomes. I feel like i just swallowed WISCONSIN. If it does not rain, i will get off at Bklyn. College, and walk home, about 45 min to 1 hr.walk FF
Old 08-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #412

much too humid for the walk.

just as well. i will save my feet for the treadmill tomorrow. I finally cooked something in my kitchen, my 2 steaks.Phenomenal, just phenomenal. I also made 1 cup (pre-cooked volume), in the same saute pan as the steak. One big revelation. I have been over-estimating veg quantities for some time. 1 cup is a very small amount. I have a big decision to make. I really love veggies. If I want to enter OWL, and increase my veggies, I really have to cut down on critter portions. That means 1 steak (not greater than 1 lb pre-cooked), not 2; 1/4 chicken, not 1/2 chicken. That takes a great deal of courage on my part. But, if I am able to do that, I think, the weight might just come off a little quicker. I will make the decision before next Monday. This IS a major change. FF
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I'm into day 2 of very clean eating am feeling much better. I need to remind myself that "just a bite" of something carby is no good for me...it isn't satisfying and it makes me crave more or just be more aware of what I'm missing. I'm being very conscious of what passes my lips.

And I exercised today 10 minutes vigorous on elliptical and
a long walk berry picking..

Today I ate:
sliced turkey with nice salad
almond milk
a few strawberries/raspberries
pork ribs--modest portion

I feel very satisfied and I've been drinking a ton of water.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinchster View Post
I'm into day 2 of very clean eating am feeling much better. I need to remind myself that "just a bite" of something carby is no good for me...it isn't satisfying and it makes me crave more or just be more aware of what I'm missing. I'm being very conscious of what passes my lips.

And I exercised today 10 minutes vigorous on elliptical and
a long walk berry picking..

Today I ate:
sliced turkey with nice salad
almond milk
a few strawberries/raspberries
pork ribs--modest portion

I feel very satisfied and I've been drinking a ton of water.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF, your after retirement trip to Italy sounds wonderful. You certainly have been a seasoned traveler over the years! We lived in Nurenburg, Germany for 3 years in the 70's and did take a trip into Italy - Venice and Pisa. Drove through Austria and Switzerland on same trip. Would love to go back over sometime but don't think we will be able to swing it. Sure hope you can pull it off. I am also eating more veggies lately too. Am really enjoying the raw cauliflower and brocolli with the sour cream and ranch seasoning dip.

Jenny, you make a lot of sense with the statement that the one bite of carby stuff just brings on more cravings. We are like alcholics in this way - just can't take that first compulsive bite or we are going down a slippery slope. Hope this day is another clean eating day!

Yesterday I had my coffee and cream, coconut oil, a bowl of hamburger that had been cooked with a little onion and green pepper, an oz of sharp chedder cheese, the last of the pot roast, and some water.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #416

yes, Abi, those dreams help keep me on plan.

i believe i will incorporate my critters into a stir-fry. That way a little less will seem like a little more. Today's eats: BKFST: cup of tuna salad, to which i added minced celery, onion and green pepper, and stuffed as much as possible into 1/2 lc pita with 2 thin slices tomato. the rest i ate with a fork. I am sipping some french vanilla coffee with a short slurp of 1/2 & 1/2. they make the fr van coffee here much better than dunkin' does theirs. LUNCH: nova lox (wild)concoction with cr cheese, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese, and salad fixins, in the other 1/2 of the lc pita. DINNER: not sure yet, perhaps a chef salad. FF
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Down another 1.4

Todays eats:

B-coffee with sweetner
L-1 Akmak cracker, 8 strawberries, 3 oz of bonless/skinless chicken breast, cucumbers
D-turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce with tomatoes and onions, mustard, dill pickle, 1 Akmak cracker and watermelon

TTYL
Old 08-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #418

good for u gibby!!!

i must say, i am enjoying my vacation from the scale. next weigh-in is on or about 9/1/11. I would so love it if this time, the scale backed up the inches(like below 300 lbs). FF
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm rooting for you, ff!!!! It will happen
Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, WTG

It may be too early, but, I have eaten clean for two meals so far and nothing in between. Let's hope I can finish out the day this way.
Closed Thread