Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi bec, happy you are on track...do whatever you can to stay on track for 2-3 days and once you accomplish that, it becomes so much easier to stay there...good luck!...

ff, i know it's a nyc gym, but try striking up a conversation here and there...they may be nicer than they look (let's hope so!)

abi, make sure you are at least eating a few other small snacks a day as well as the one meal, as you don't want to bring your metabolism down to a crawl...that's how i got fat in the first place :-)

hi vicki, congrats on the nice weather and if i were you, i'd take a nap today!...lol...

good day so far:
b: leftover steamed broccoli
l: handful of fresh cherries
d: ?

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
just finished cheesecake portion #1

i am in ecstasy. Regrettably, there was the proverbial fly in the ointment. They divided it into 4 pieces. i specifically requested it into 8 portions. On Ferenghinar, people have been thrown into labor camps for less. I am forced, against my better judgement, to dis-associate myself from further mercantile intercourse with that establishment!!!....NOT!!! heh heh heh. that is what plastic knives are for. FF
Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #363

very pleasant evening.

i got totally drenched by the rain, and i enjoyed every drop of it. Did my bit at the gym, and sat outside till it got dark. doesn't sound very exciting, but it is a much needed improvement over the heat and humidity. FF
Old 08-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I am trying the Fast Five diet right now. Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life I have heard it works pretty well. I am eating between 4pm and 6pm as my window to eat. I'll keep you posted how well it works.

FF, glad you had cool evening even if you had to get drenched. Who would have thought sitting in the rain would be enjoyable.

Bec, hope you are not near any of the riots going on in the UK. Stay safe!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #365

allow me to clarify.

the rain stopped before i got to the gym, ergo I was sitting in clear weather on a dry bench. I had a lovely dinner: chopped steak, to which i added an oz of Victoria marinara sauce, and 2 slices of mozzarella, so thin, they had only 1 side, plus garlic and oregano. Tempted as i was to eat all the veggies, i just sampled a few stringbeans and 1 broccoli floret. all that was preceded by a small chicken broth (from a small chicken heh heh). Later on, i totalled a small bag of pork rinds. I am hungry now. I will have my hard boiled eggs before i start work today. FF
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #366

today's eats.

BKFST: egg salad with a few pork rinds. LUNCH (no snack today...just to be different)my nova salmon concoction on lc toast. DINNER: whatever i will be in the mood for at the time (zero to vlc of course). also, check the LOUNGE from time to time, as i am usually coming up with new stuff at least once a week FF
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hey Abi, I am fine, thanks for asking. Thankfully I don't live near where the riots are, it is very scary here though and I don't really want to go out at night in fear of something happening.

I am half way through day 2 and so far haven't broken it. All I want is chocolate. I need ketosis to stop these cravings. Just got to push through!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, glad you are fine and not near the riots. Know staying away from your craving food is awful. Just keep checking in here even if it is several times a day, whenever the craving mood starts to get the better of you. Speaking of trying to get back into ketosis, I just read an interesting study on mice that was on the MSNBC website that showed that a ketogenic diet might get some people off dialysis!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bec, i want chocolate too!...i keep some sugar free chocolate pudding on hand - 60 calories each - but i have to be careful to only have one if the craving is really bad...they are in the fridge, but i haven't eaten one in weeks...

ff, good job on the gym and the menu...sorry to hear the bakery messed up your slicing instructions!...lol...

abi, thanks for the info on the diet you're trying - i love learning new dieting strategies...can't wait to hear how that works out...

good day so far:
b: 3 oz. of grilled chicken
l: none yet
d: no idea!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #370

Bec, so relieved u are out of it.

i love Great Britain. she is our mother after all. What was it that caused the riots? I have no toleration for riotous behavior. My solutions to that would be in line with those of the fictitious Francis Urquhart. Perhaps, it is better that i stay on my side of the pond. Now, about those chocolate cravings. SWISS MISS DIET hot chocolate. only 3 net carb grams. If u do not have it in London, i am sure u could order it online. U could use 2 packets if u really need to. She makes a SUGAR FREE hot choc. too, but it has more carbs per portion than the DIET one does. It really does calm the the raging spirit within. That is my experience. Does Harrods (or other really large enterprise)have a varied food dept? Perhaps some good dark chocolate (small amount)could satisfy the cravings. Make sure to check out the LOUNGE. a good laugh couldn't hurt. Love & Profits: FLAT-RULE BRITANNIA-FERENGHI
Old 08-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #371

tony, i have seen sugar-free choc pudding in the stores.

But the carb count is still way too high for me, at this juncture. Friday, the office is ordering from a jewish deli. I already know exactly what i am having. An "overstuffed" (so they claim)pastrami sandwhich (yes, i am tossing their bread, and using my lc bread), a pint container of chicken soup(no noodles, matzoh balls or kreplach, sigh), and 2 cans of Dr Browns diet celery soda (or if there is none, 1 can diet cream & 1 can diet root beer). If i have the time i will make some of my classic TROLL SLAW. Pastrami begs for it. The experience would be incomplete without it. The $ situation may improve for me a tad in Sept. IF that is the case, then i should like to find a nice B&B in the Adirondacks for the long weekend at the end of Sept, with horseback riding if possible. Of course, it may be too cruel for the horse, so i will offer him to go Troll- back riding instead. Naturally, i will have to check the weather situation. I do not want to be sitting in a small shack for the duration, if it rains. FF
Old 08-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, believe it or not, i have never had pastrami...can't explain why...you've got me thinking about it...hope you had a good workout...

picked up some bbq from famous dave's tonight - very good!...had one rib, one chicken thigh, some slaw, beans and several wings...i'm FULL!

hope everyone is having a great night...
Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

I cooked a pot roast in the crock pot yesterday. It smelled so good in the house all day and we have leftovers for today - yea, no cooking today! Had some pot roast, a half a beet, some cheese and some leftover pork roast.

My sister and I will take Mom to her hair app. at 10:30 and then I will be off the rest of the day. I have been shredding old files so may do more of that. So tedius. I usually try to shred too many pages at once and jam the machine.

Will check back in later. Have a great day everbody!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #374

the trouble with making friends at a gym in NYC

if u try befriending a guy, he'll think u are queer, and deck u. if u try engaging a girl in conversation, she will think u a masher and deck u. I will stay cautiously insulated by my walkman, and go about my business. Today's eats: BKFST: roast beef on lc carb bread or 1/2 lc pita with mustard and salad fixins: LUNCH: last of the nova scotia lox as previously described. DINNER: McDonalds burgers...a rather large portion...perhaps 1/2 there, the rest to go for the late evening. Oh, last night i had a house special soup(omitting the carrots and corn), and and before midnight, a small bag of pork rinds, washed down by a FAYGO choc. soda. Is it possible i am fat & pregnant?) Thinking of the weekend. i would like to get a really good walk in culminating in the gym Of course if i do a big walk, no treadmill that day; it looks to be cloudy, but no rain expected. sunday is the rain. Ergo, Barnes & Noble, and if I survive the subway trip back to Bklyn, the gym. I will not allow myself to sit at home and wallow. I am only asking for trouble that way. FF
Old 08-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, it's too bad folks would react that way at the gym...you are so friendly, you must seem out of place at times...i think you are in an excellent routine with the gym and eating...

abi, love your menu...i HATE shredding docs and my impatience always leads to jams!...lol...

today we will decide if we are taking the rv to yellowstone or not...we were there in 2003 but our youngest was only 7 then...wife is a teacher and has to be back at school 2 weeks from yesterday so we are running out of time...the 4 kids not in nashville - ages 15 to 26 all seem to want to go...it might be the last time so many of us could do a trip like this and that is what is motivating me...i'll keep you posted...

if we go, i may be out of touch here for a long spell...i think i can stay on plan on the road though as i do so much driving and light snacking and one real meal a day...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #376

just let a friend sample a piece of THE cheesecake.

he has no weight problem, nor is he ever likely to. He said it was the best cheesecake he had ever had. so there-the best of 3 worlds; for low carb, low fat, and no diet at all people. It does not get better than that. I just could not wait for the afternoon, and had the 2nd portion just now. I am saving the nova lox for bkst tomorrow. I will have the cajun chicken at the cafeteria for lunch. I hope, Tony, that u do get to make the Yellowstone trip. I phoned Yogi Bear to expect you and the family. He and BooBoo will be so dissappointed if u can't make it. FF
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Oh wow, FF, you are in great form today. I am still laughing out loud. I also envy you being able to limit yourself on that cheesecake. I could put the rest of it out of reach like you do but I would be dwelling on it day and night.

Tony, the trip sounds wonderful. Time is so short when the kids will want to do things as a family so make the most of it. I don't doubt that you will be able to stay on your program.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #378

no lunch today...surprisingly not hungry.

but, i have 2 hard boiled eggs on deck, in the event i recover. It is just as well. I want to save myself for McDonalds. I am feeling like 3 Angus Burgers (18 oz uncooked). i will have to take it home, as the Mostly Mozart concert begins at 7:30pm (wqxr.org)105.9 fm in the nyc area and the 'burbs. The music will make u weep for joy. Perhaps they should call it"the MOISTly Mozart "concert. FF
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Thanks for the chocolate tips you guys. When I know I am back on track I can buy 85% Lindt and eat that. I can usually make a block last a few weeks. Right now I don't trust myself.

I am day 3 though and feeling very proud of myself. Eating more food if necessary just to stop me bingeing.

To be honest, the stupid rioters weren't even rioting for a cause, they just wanted to steal stuff. It's been quiet for two nights now so hopefully it'll stay that way from now on. The feeling of being uneasy in your own city is horrible, it's made me quite emotional.

Anyway just keeping up the good work here hopefully. Going to be on the beach in Tel Aviv in Israel in 5 weeks so I've got incentive!

155: 05/15/2011
150: 06/07/2011
145:
140:
135:
130:
Old 08-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everybody...I've been reading the posts but haven't had much to share. Loading on Saturday and Sunday with my drops and then Monday starts the low cal phase of hhcg.

Bec, I'm so sorry about what is happening in your country. It really pains me when the human race sinks to their lowest levels.

I promise I'll post more.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #381

i knew that, Bec..re:the rioting.

that is why riots occur here. Except that they get away with it AND the merchandise as well. I am glad u got your mojo back. Yes, I have tried the Lindt 85%. It is quite good. Just think of the beach in Tel Aviv to keep u from overdoing the chocolate. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bec, that sounds like an awesome trip...take some pics! :-) sorry about the rioting - it's a human thing more than it is tied to any national issue...it's amazing how mob behavior can change otherwise "normal" citizens...and it's scary what folks are capable of, isn't it?...

marilee, good luck with the new phase - i know you're gonna rock it!

ff, i can't wait to try that cheesecake, which IS gonna happen someday!...

i am gonna miss you guys!...we decided today to make the yellowstone trip and will leave in the morning...

abi, i'm so happy the kids still want to go - we just couldn't pass it up...

i will have very limited access to the internet but have a smart phone so will try to at least read up when i can...

you'll have to pick up the slack for my BIG mouth...i'll say goodbye in the a.m. before we leave...love you guys...

Last edited by tony8; 08-11-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, have a safe and enjoyable trip and savor every moment. We will miss you while you are gone. Hope you can check in some if possible.

Bec, glad things have calmed down in London. I would feel real emotional too to be afraid to go out in my own town. Let's hope things stay that way Just keep that 85% Lindt in mind as your incentive for staying on the wagon for now. So happy you have had 3 good days in a row!

Marilee, best wishes on your new round of hcg! I think this is going to be a big loser round! By the way, how is your brother doing? Hopefully getting around now.

FF, hope you enjoyed your Mozart and your angus burgers! Sounds like a great combination! Joyful, Joyful!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #384

thanks abi...last night was quite satisfying.

i got some sliced roast pork, the small order of which i consumed first. The TROLL
Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #385

sorry, ffs (fat finger syndrome)

(cont'd from above):TROLL slaw requires several hours to reach the proper degree of flavor mingling. so, 3 hrs after the pork, i had 2 ANGI(plural of ANGUS)bacon and cheese, with 1/2 cup TROLL SLAW(the rest of which is here at the work fridge to garnish the pastrami). for tonight, after the gym, i have ANGUS #3 to be supplemented with some more sliced roast pork if necessary. i will do a quick saute of broc florets in butter and grapeseed oil with garlic, red pepper flakes, and fresh cracked black pepper, as a "contorno" (side). The walk lasted only 20 minutes. I was pooped. FF
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #386

Tony, have a great trip. take lots of pix...

especially of the bears. When u are ever around my way, we will do the pastrami & cheesecake circuit. (but, not on Mondays. they are closed on Mondays). It gives me an idea. next weekend, i will walk to the pastrami deli, and have lunch there (about an hr and 15 min walk). then i will walk to the lc bakery for my gelato(about an hour and 45 min to 2 hrs 15 minutes). by the time i crawl to the gym (about a 10 min walk from the lc bakery), i will have burned off the pastrami, and then some. FF
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the well-wishes guys!...

ff, i look forward to it, bro!...

we are getting packed up and the rv ready - takes quite a bit for a trip this ambitious!...

i am feeling very strong and well on-plan...i expect to lose at least a few pounds and get below 210 for good by the time i get back...i still seem to be around 213 on the mechanical scale...gotta get a digital one when i get back...

i'm still shooting for 1derland by the end of this blitz - ambitious i know, but i've plateaued for far too long and i feel i am ready to start losing vigorously now...this trip will make a great jumping off point!...

i will miss you all and if my phone allows, will check in...stay strong and let's all hit the last 6-7 weeks of this blitz hard!...see ya soon :-)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Bye, Tony! Have a great trip....we'll miss you....
Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention this morning that when I took Bama out at 3 there was a skunk under our oil tank. Of course the dog was running around it trying to get under it. The only thing I can say to really get Bama's attention quickly is do you want some "Cheese!!!" Well, we both ran in the house before it could get riled up enough to let loose. Thank goodness! I took her out a little later in the front yard with the big flashlight and the outside light on. Looked all round before I relaxed a little.

Yesterday I had several cups of coffee with heavy cream, one cup with a Tbl of coconut oil in it, an oz of jalepeno cheese, and two big chicken thighs that I had cooked fat down in butter until the fat was brown and crispy.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #390

i am all excired, Tony, and i am not even the one who is going!!!

Drive carefully. stay on plan, and try cutting down the sodium a bit. I am sure it will get the scale to co-operate. (btw, i am about to dig in to the pastrami, and the TROLL slaw, as soon as i finish the chicken broth.)FF
Closed Thread