Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, i fell asleep on the couch and wanted to post in case you check this before you leave brooklyn for mh...

we did not make it to maine on saturday - wife and kids gonna decide if we're going to maine in the a.m....it's 3 a.m. now...if you get this, send me a pm with your phone number and i will call you once that decision is made, in case you want some company and i can make it down...

if you don't get this in time, hope you have/had a great trip and congrats on the walking record!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Still here, was on vacation for a few days. Back home now and continuing on with the kitchen. Back on vacation in a few days. Posting will be spotty for a week or so. Will catch up then.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

not heading to maine this morning, but i have no way of reaching ff, so meeting him will have to wait for another day...hope he will be enjoying a nice meal and that he wins some $$$... :-)

i seem to be experiencing an increase in motivation...it's not coming in a huge wave, but is trickling in a little more each day and sticking around...yesterday, i had a couple of handfuls of blueberries for breakfast, and then we went mattress shopping all afternoon - which i hated...has anyone else done this lately?...didn't buy anything yet, but if i bought the most comfortable mattress, i'd have to re-finance the house...

anyway, we were all starving after that fiasco and the kids wanted italian so we went to polcari's and instead of the veal parm i wanted - afraid of a plate of linguini sitting in front of me, i ordered the baked scrod and left all the roasted potatoes on the plate...

the biggest consistent change that i have achieved during these blitzes is that even when i lack motivation, my transgressions are not THAT bad and do not lead to a chain of poor eating choices, meal after meal...being part of this group, and not wanting to have to redo all this hard work, keeps me on the relatively straight even if not narrow...

and when i have one good day, the next one is easier...looking forward to a good day today...hope you guys are feeling strong!...

hi vicki!!!...have a great vacation!...see you soon... :-)

hey jenny, where the heck are ya?...thinking about ya, sis...

Last edited by tony8; 07-31-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, sorry you felt under the weather on Friday but your day yesterday sounded very good and today going to MS should be very enjoyable.

Sorry you didn't get to catch FF, Tony. It wasn't for lack of trying. We bought a new mattress in 2008. Hated doing that too. We picked a low end one but not the lowest end. I think if I didn't rotate the mattress every month it would be in pretty sorry shape. I did order a queen size bed for the guest room from the big box store (wm) and had it shipped to the local store last summer. It had a metal base the pulled out like an accordian and had an 8 inch memory foam mattress. It seems to be working out fine. DD has had no complaints the last 2 summers. I slept on it once and it was not bad. The whole thing, mattress and metal base was less than $400.00.

Just came back from breakfast out with Mom and sister-in-law. Had my usual 2 eggs and order of bacon. Don't know what to cook for dinner yet.

Good going with ordering the baked scrod Tony and leaving the potatoes!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

abi, i was starting to feel fatter lately too - even though the scale seemed steady - and that may be adding to my motivation...i have been relatively disciplined for 16 months now and it was HARD work to lose the 30+ lbs. i have lost and i'm NOT going back to where i was...

i KNOW i don't have it in me to lose all that same weight again...i'm getting too old for this!...and i don't like the same 30-35 lbs. i have YET to lose, staring me in the face every day, so hopefully that will get me going again...

had a handful of fresh blueberries for breakfast - no lunch yet...gotta stop at the market...the rest of today's meals, will be a spur-of-the-moment choice, but a GOOD ONE!

have a GREAT sunday, kids...
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #276
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
thank the Gods, Tony, that u did NOT come.

no point in our both being miserable. It was not what I expected. It seems that the reason I went is the very reason why I will NOT return. It was environmentally controlled all right, BUT I felt hemmed in, and confined.I prefer the boardwalk, the hotels, and the ocean. That is where I hope to be on Sept 23. I did have a double cheddar burger with bacon (no bun), and a side salad (caesar on the side). It was a retro ambience like the old fashioned malt shops of the 50's. The price was not retro. All together, I broke even. But, I am very happy I took my walkman. It saved my spiritual bacon. Frankly, I would rather lose $ in Atlantic City than win at Mohegan Sun. Definitely, not my cup of Romulan ale. FF
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #277

btw Tony...I am quite delighted with your newfound motivation.

i am staying on-plan regardless of what the scale says,or does not say. I will have to put a new notch in my belt tomorrow or Tuesday. My pants are most coitanly getting looser. I am off tomorrow. Perfect opportunity to make them looser-er. I am hoping to make the gym my new opiate. Right now, i do it out of a sense of duty. FF
Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

ff, thanks for taking one for the team...lol...but we could have hopped in my car and gotten out of there for a few hours...sorry it wasn't a better day, bro...i am really impressed with your gym-ethic...between your exercise and my new-found motivation, i'm thinking we're gonna see some good things soon...

btw, keep us posted on the belt holes...

had steak tips tonight and they were yummo!...
Old 08-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

FF, you and Tony are inspiring me to get remotivated! Can't wait to hear about the belt hole movement!

Just put several bottles of water in the frig so they will be cold for later on. Plan to eat tuna and eggs for first part of day. No plans for dinner yet.

Tony, I am at the point too that I never want to have to lose those same pounds again. I have done that over and over. That is one reason I have not fallen off the wagon in any big way. Have not had a sweet binge since the fudge at Christmas. I know that it is just not worth it having to climb out of that pit again.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, oh man, up with the chickens today. I couldn't stay in bed any longer, I am still stiff from laying floor tiles on Saturday and the backsplash tiles and grout yesterday. I worked out to Fit TV a 30 minute yoga routine and a 10 minute all over body workout. It feels so much better to work out the kinks.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

abi, happy we are inspiring anyone to do anything positive...this place helps me all the time and it feels good when i realize i give something back once in a while...as one of the original blitzers, i DO feel an obligation to live up to certain expectations...not that i always do!! :-)

vicki, i am so proud of you doing all that exercise...i guarantee you have been increasing your muscle tone and that will help you lose if you are in that mindset...good for you...

i'm in one of those grooves where it is getting easier each day to stay on plan...i wish i knew what triggered these successful periods and what triggers the times when it gets so difficult, but for now, i am not gonna look a gift-horse in the mouth and hope i can ride it down a few pounds...

let's all get off to a great week and leave a pound or two of fat behind us!...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Wow, was I off program this weekend.....I know the scales will show it when I get the courage to pop on them. Oh, well.....at least I had some social fun which I need and is equally important.

Back at it!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

lol, marilee - as i've said before, we should all be proud that we've gotten to the point where our slips do not become complete falls off the wagon!...way to go getting back on track today!...and i'm happy you enjoyed your splurge :-)

having another good day so far...handful of blueberries for breakfast and no lunch yet...probably leftover steak tips for din din and i think i'm gonna make a pot of chili tonight...plus some time in the pool!...

hope everyone is well... :-)
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, I am trying noline glasses again. I have a headache and a neck ache from trying to adjust my head to the verrrrry narrrrrrow field of vision.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #285

I cleaned 'em out...no, not the state of CT...

SHOPRITE. There were ten 20 oz bottles of FAYGO choc soda. I got them all. Now there is the FF I have come to know and love. A friend of mine for 30 years at least, and I have a tradition. On his birthday, I take him to lunch, and he takes me to lunch on my birthday. So the plan was to meet at FIORENTINO's Italian restaurant. I knew for a whole month, what I was going to order; the stuffed veal chop with the spinach in garlic and oil. They are closed on Mondays. I had never been there on weekdays. So, we went to the Vegas diner (which, btw, is 1/2 block from the gym.)I had a jr. shell steak (about 8 oz)with broc, a small salad (Caesar on the side)preceded by a cup of chicken noodle soup w/o the noodles. Coffee afterwards. My meal came with dessert, his did not. So, I told him to take mine.(they do not have the sugar free jello) No loss. I will most certainly have my low carb gelato this weekend WITH my 1.5 gr sesame cookie. After lunch, I went to the gym. I wanted to do a nice walk afterwards, but it was not in the cards. Tomorrow is another day. Let us continue to feed off each other's motivation and inspiration. This is one of the most important features and purposes of the blitz. FF
Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

ff, can't believe you missed out on the stuffed veal chop!...i'm dreaming about it now...lol...i'm proud of you for going to the gym after lunch - wow - that's inspirational!...

had a good day and night - leftover steak tips as planned...curfew will keep me outta the kitchen for the rest of the night...life is good... :-)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, son-in-law flies from Joplin to Phoenix on Sunday for the week on business. I told him not to expect it to be any cooler there. I think it is going to be 110 today in Missouri.

Hey Vicki, how are the glasses doing today? Headaches and neckaches are no fun.

FF, I will have to try some Faygo chocolate soda one of these days. It sounds very delicious.

Marilee, how did your Monday go?

Tony, it is amazing that a handful of blueberries can satisfy you for breakfast! You really are in the groove. What a great place to be!

I had an odd concoction for breaksfast and lunch yesterday. I mixed 1/3 of a small can of light tuna with one hardboiled egg and a spoonful of my sour cream with ranch seasoning. Not bad and kept me satisfied for afew hours. Dinner was a salad and 2 bratwursts with spicy mustard. Going to try harder today to drink more water.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #288

ABI, the FAYGO is to liquids, what pork rinds are to solids.

quite indispensible to quite a number of low carbers. Of course, it is great plain ice cold. But I also like to coat the bottom of a big mug with a T of cream. The i pour the FAYGO slowly from on high. It is a big beautiful NY egg cream. You can add a nice sccop of low carb ice cream into it. I like to add it to 1/2 cup of coffee at room temp or colder. The soda has to be cold of course. FAYGO comes in other flavors as well. But i always go for the chocolate. That is the one flavor with the biggest turnover. They(SHOPRITE) can't keep it on the shelves. FF
Old 08-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

and i'm sure the problem they have keeping it on the shelves has NOTHING to do with a certain "alien" cleaning them out every time they re-stock!... :-)

don't ask me how, but i forgot to eat something again before leaving the house, so abi, a handful of blueberries would have been a smorgasbord this morning!...actually blueberries, on top of being a "superfood" full of anti-oxidants, are rich in fiber and more filling than you'd think, especially when coupled with some acv and a couple of large glasses of water...not to mention, delicious!

still feeling stronger every day and not struggling at all for the moment...have no idea why - wish i did...

p.s. while i was writing this, my hunger caused me to rummage in a desk drawer and i found a small quantity of unsalted peanuts and with a few gulps of water, they seem to have hit the spot...

not sure about the menu today...still haven't made the chili, so i may do that along with some chicken wings - we'll see...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

As far as the glasses go, I have found that I have to sit further away from computer so I have a wider field of vision. I was so fed up last night with the new glasses that I put on my old ones around 6 or so. I did some research and found that I am NOT to switch between glasses and that it can take up to 2 weeks to get used to new lenses especially if they are a different lens than what I have been used to.

I didn't need glasses full time until about 6 years ago and they ordered the progressive lenses then and I couldn't stand them. I only gave them about a week or so and I had them switched to bifocals. Now, I need the middle vision and really didn't want to go to trifocals so I thought I would give progressive lenses a shot again. This is what happened the first time, maybe I didn't give them enough time so I am willing to give it a shot.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

my wife is irritated with me all the time because at 52, i still don't need glasses - even for reading...i have a theory that it is because i've never worn sunglasses and i think my eyes get more exercise adjusting to the various light levels...did i mention i'm a nut?...lol...
Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #292

i started wearing specs since my 10th year on your world.

i had 2 cataract procedures before i was 50, one for the left, the other for the right eye. One was for distance, the other for close-up. since then (10 years ago), i have worn no specs. But, that does not keep me from making a SPECTACLE of myself. FF
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #293

cont'd

However, many of my jokes are getting CORNEA & CORNEA. I cannot take the blame however. It is my mattress- a SILLY posturepedic. FF
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-you are a hoot! Make me laugh every day!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

ff- too punny, HA!

Tony, you commented a few posts back about my exercising. I have been an avid exerciser for over 10 years now: daily and at least 3o minutes, preferably 45-60 minutes per day. I vary my workouts between walking outside, treadmill, elliptical, recumbent exercise bike (I use those mostly in the winter), over 50 DVDs ranging from yoga, pilates, strength training using bands or kettlebells or handweights, rebounder, stepper etc. But, due to the consistent exercise, my experience has been that exercise alone won't take off the weight.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #296

before i get started...

IT'S LIVE, IT'S FREE, IT'S MOZART, IT'S NOW!!! wqxr.org (105.9 fm in the greater NY area. ). Well, I did it again. I just finished, 20 minutes ago a 142 minute walk, with a 15minute BK break approx midway. However, the soles of my feet have their own time/space continuum. To hear them tell it, it was 342 minutes. Anyway, it is over. Thursday, we will do another walk. Tomorrow is the gym...mercifully. At BK, I had what I like to call the ATKINS CLASSIC -a triple whopper with cheese/ATKINS-IZED. (we know what that means.)I had the last swallow at 6:29pm. Liquids only till bedtime.Goodnight y'all. I am going to focus on WAM now. FF_
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, that is amazing how dedicated you have been in your exercising. I feel so guilty, the only exercise I get is lifting Mom into wheelchair etc. about 10 times a day. I used to walk miles and miles when I worked at the resort in Gulf Shores but can't seem to fit even walking in right now.

FF, you are being so faithful in your walking and gym sessions too. I can tell that it makes you feel better mentally and physically in your posts. Hope you enjoyed the Mozart program!

Marilee, I'm with you on FF making us laugh every day.

Tony, wish that theory had worked for me. I never wear sunglasses but have worn bi -focals for a long time. I have one sister who worked out in the sun for years as a professional gardener, did not wear sunglasses and she does not have to wear glasses yet.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

hmmm, abi...there are very few people who do not ever wear sunglasses and very few over 45 who do not need reading glasses - how old is your sister?...sorry it has not worked for you...2 out of 3 may be a coincidence, but maybe not!...

vicki, with all that exercise, you may not be at the weight you'd like, but i'm betting you are fit and that is very important...

ff, i stopped at wendy's last night to get my son a chicken sandwich and thought i'd order a single cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato and eat around the bun - well, they must have misunderstood me cuz when i opened it, it was a triple - i was eating while driving so there was no way not to eat the bun, but wow, that was a LOT of meat!...i was thinking of you and your baconators...in the past, i could've eaten two of those, but yesterday i was full!...the bun was small but probably added to the fullness...

i did make the chili last night and it was delicious...let it slow cook for hours...

other than the burger bun, had a great day yesterday...still feeling strong!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, head hung down, wanting to isolate....I've been waaaaaaaaaaaay "bad" - bread, ice cream, chips, cookies - WTH did I do to myself? Over 300 again.

All of the junk is out of the house-so doing Atkins for a week and then back to hcg.

So ashamed, I almost didn't post, but isolation is worse than confession.

TTYL
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #300

u did well to post.

if it makes u feel better, i broke curfew last night with a small bag of pork rinds. it happens. but it was 5 hrs after i finished my triple whopper with cheese.I was really hungry!!! can u remember what it was specifically that drove you to the "fun stuff"? Perhaps, u can find lc versions of them. I cannot say with certainty that the same will not happen to me from time to time. I try to minimize such occurences to the best of my ability. I use certain strategies which i have discussed in the blitz threads and elsewhere at LCF. but when it DOES, happen, i enjoy the "fun" foods with no regrets, and get back on the horse as soon as possible. FF
Closed Thread