Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Blitz V - April 1st through June 30th, 2011 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/715865-blitz-v-april-1st-through-june-30th-2011-a.html)

tony8 03-31-2011 04:31 PM

Blitz V - April 1st through June 30th, 2011

Okay, here we go AGAIN! Welcome back to all the oldies, and welcome to all the newbies...this is the 5th installment of our 3-month Blitzes. No judgment, no rules, just friendship and support. Founder and intrepid leader: flatferenghi

Feel free to check out the banter in Blitz IV to see how we roll :-)
Tony (Undersecretary to the secretary to the boss)

ladyboss7 03-31-2011 05:32 PM

Well done Mr. Undersecretary!! :high5:

YAY for the new thread and welcome to Blitz V (it's blitz 2 for me :p)

So let's see.....what are my goals for the next 90 days???

1) Onederland!!!!! I was at 219 this am, so that should DEFINITELY be attainable! In fact, I'm going to set the bar high and shoot for 30 pounds. That's 10 pounds per month. It's aggressive I know, but I think I can do that. I've learned a lot about my body and what I do / don't respond well too, so that leads me to my 2nd goal:

2) Do more of the RIGHT things more consistently and less of the wrong things!! This will require more consistent planning and prep on my part....but it's like the old saying: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

I have come so far since the first of the year and you guys are largely responsible for that!! Your love and support have helped to keep me focused and accountable. My husband was telling me at lunch how very proud he is that I have remained so consistent with this and he recognizes how vital you guys are all for me in this journey...so he say's THANK YOU to you all!

Let's rock this blitz!!!:kicking:

vli1127 04-01-2011 04:41 AM

Congrats to all you losers, too bad I couldn't be in the bunch. I haven't weighed yet this a.m. on my scale but at the Dr office on Wed. afternoon fully clothed with shoes, I was 199.8. EGAD. To think I was once in the low 160's.

flatferenghi 04-01-2011 04:57 AM

well, here we are. we made it to blitz V

Good for us. Today is my 1st ATKINSversary. More important than my birthday. I do not remember doing any actual work to get born. I put in a lot of effort to get through this year. The cheesecake is still untouched. I will divide it in half, for Sat & Sun. Would i like to have lost more weight in the previous 52 weeks? Well, of course. However, i did allow myself approx 3 years(knowing that even with correct thyroid meds, i am still 60 years old (as time is reckoned on your sad little world), and so is my metabolism. The chicken drumsticks, i ate all 7 yesterday-with no regrets, using some diabetic jelly-2 T (2 gr carb net) as a dipping sauce. btw: i ate them cold, right out of the fridge. I got another 7 i will make on Sunday. That is all i had, except water. And I finished by 7:30pm. So, Thurs pm thru sunday for anything with considerable sodium content, such as sausage, bacon, and pork rinds, smoked salmon(when it's on sale). Mon-Thursday 12:00noon as sodium free as possible. That is my latest rule. I certainly got in at least 2 liters of plain water yesterday. Also, I will try adding more hot spice to my food (not too much). That, according to what i have been reading, may enhance THERMOGENENSIS. We shall see what the scale has to say one month from now. I wish we can make Blitz IV a sticky. but, i have not the foggiest idea how to do that. So,INCIPIANT LVDI-Let the games begin!!! FF

tony8 04-01-2011 07:11 AM

congratulations to all who find themselves here!

hey, this new home looks a lot like the old home!...:rofl:

i hope we attract some new, unsuspecting souls, to our little web of protein and LC bakery items...

ff, i'm gonna buy you a drum for those drumsticks you are so fond of...maybe you can use it to beat a rythm to attract some roofers...chicken dipped in jelly - now that's a new one...you are certainly inventive in that little kitchen nook of yours...

vicki, don't sweat the weight...you stayed in 1derland where most of us would kill to be...when you are ready to do this, you will, and we will be here for you...you're still 6 lbs. below nancy and i and we're comin' for ya, girl...better run!!!!!

btw, nancy, i guess we would make perfect see-saw partners right now...think we'd get stuck in mid-air???...that might be scary!...

i'll post my blitz IV results once i weigh in this morning...whatever i lost in march will be what i've lost since january, so the math will be easy :o

let's hit this blitz hard, kiddies!...

Gibby 04-01-2011 08:45 AM

Yea, new Blitz, fresh start!!!!

Weighed in today and am down another 1.8 pounds.

My goal for this Blitz is:

1. Become a permanent resident of Twoterville!
2. Continue to fight the emotional triggers that make me binge (this will probably take blitzes from here to eternity:rofl:)
3. Lose 30 pounds (I'm with you Tammy) by the end of June

Vicki, no shame....we know it's hard.

No loss for me for March, but look out April!!!!

Need to get to work - TTYL! :heart:

LIVE_FREE_NH 04-01-2011 10:19 AM

Ya Vol, lee zee Blitz begin, Herr Uber-secretary!!

Tammy - good job at 219, take it from me, once you get close to 199 like me, you get so freakin' PUMPED UP! And I love your goals. What a level-headed gal you are. And you have such a great, supportive hubby!

Marilee - You too, kudos on your goals and yes, there is so much mental stuff going on that affects our food intake so don't let those triggers push you over the edge. Congrats on your loss too!

FF -- mmmm. Yum. What can I say. I'm working form home today and will soon break away to start preparing tonight's meal: braised lamb shanks in the slow cooker, yeah baby! Lots of low glycemic roasted veg to go along.

Vicki - I would trade weights with you but you probably don't want to. Me too, I would love to be in the 160s, let's get there!

Tony - seesaw partners, oh dear... When I would seesaw as a kid, and it was my turn to be "down", I would jump off the seesaw thus treating my partner to a swift and surprising drop! :hyst:

My Blitz5 goal.. shoot for 8 to 10 lbs a month, exercise, more walks at lunchtime, keep the crackers out of the house. Participate w/y'all as we move in to "new centuries". My thyroid saga has developed into likely surgery to remove it as I have a "suspicious follicular lesion" in the left lobe...next appt with neck doc is Tues am, bringing hubby w/me. So this will probably come to pass during Blitz 5..........

Have a good Friday everyone, and welcome all newbies, and regulars too!
Nancy

2f2f 04-01-2011 10:24 AM

Hi, I'm new and would love to join your challenge. At the end of these 3 months I would like to be in onederland. I am currently at 234 - I started March 9 at 248.5. I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Gibby 04-01-2011 10:25 AM

Welcome, 2f2f!!!:welcome::hiya:

I work in Phoenix, live in Sun City!

LIVE_FREE_NH 04-01-2011 10:36 AM

Welcome 2f2f! :welcome:

You Arizona gals with your warm sunny weather! Jealous! More snow this morning in New Hampsha, brrrrr!!!

Well, I think you'll like this Blitz for the support. You've been doing GREAT so far, and we look forward to your posts!
Nancy

Gibby 04-01-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH (Post 14523739)
Welcome 2f2f! :welcome:

You Arizona gals with your warm sunny weather! Jealous! More snow this morning in New Hampsha, brrrrr!!!

Well, I think you'll like this Blitz for the support. You've been doing GREAT so far, and we look forward to your posts!
Nancy

It's warm alright-pushing 100 this weekend but then it will go back down next week. This happens every year to give us a hint of what's to come starting in June. Time to tune up the a/c.

2f2f 04-01-2011 11:12 AM

I work in Downtown Phoenix too!

Gibby 04-01-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2f2f (Post 14523883)
I work in Downtown Phoenix too!

Small world - Tammy and I got together for lunch one day when my niece, Vicki (she's on this thread, too) came to visit. We had a great time!

I actually work in North Phoenix - around Cave Creek and Greenway.

flatferenghi 04-01-2011 11:25 AM

welcome 2f2f...

this is the right place. the purpose of these Blitzes is to create and then strenghten better eating behaviors, with a view toward attaining goal weight and maintaining goal weight with as little effort as possible. All u have to do is stay in the loop, especially during challenging times, but in good times as well. We are a fun group. You are all family to me (except, of course. u are not in my will) Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

flatferenghi 04-01-2011 11:34 AM

the salmon with lemon butter sauce was gone before the 1:00pm lunch hour.

so i got a few slices of turkey, 2 slices of swiss cheese, and 1 slice tomato...and went wee wee wee all the way back to the office. It definitely took off the edge, until dinner. For dinner, i have house special soup, and, and, and...1/2 well toasted everything bagel(3 gr net carb) with butter, and 1 thin slice of monster cheese, and 1 tsp diabetic jelly. Ah!!! that and a cup of coffee, and i feel like i am in the Ferenghi Celestial Treasury bathing and wallowing in countless bars of Latinum. You can drag a Ferenghi from Ferenghinar, but you cannot take the Ferenghinar out of the Ferenghi (un-numbered addendum to the rules of Acquisition.)Y'all have a great weekend. FF

slimlizzie 04-01-2011 11:36 AM

Count me in!

I am in for the Blitz my second...starting at 179

:welcome:2f2f

Abigale 04-01-2011 11:37 AM

I read this forum alot and want to start to chime in more often. I am in such a good mood today after we only got the 1 to 3 inches of snow here in Hinsdale rather than the 12 to 14 forcasted. I really thought I would be shoveling all day!

I have made it close to my goal weight after 3 years of low carbing but lately have put back on 4 or 5 pounds. Definitely in the danger zone. My problem at this weight is too many calories and a bit too many carbs. I don't ever cheat by eating high carb junk but just eat more than I should at 5' 1 1/2". So my goal is too start planning my meals better and count my calories. Glad to be hanging around all you special people.

Gibby 04-01-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigale (Post 14523984)
I read this forum alot and want to start to chime in more often. I am in such a good mood today after we only got the 1 to 3 inches of snow here in Hinsdale rather than the 12 to 14 forcasted. I really thought I would be shoveling all day!

I have made it close to my goal weight after 3 years of low carbing but lately have put back on 4 or 5 pounds. Definitely in the danger zone. My problem at this weight is too many calories and a bit too many carbs. I don't ever cheat by eating high carb junk but just eat more than I should at 5' 1 1/2". So my goal is too start planning my meals better and count my calories. Glad to be hanging around all you special people.

Welcome to this great group of people! :hiya:

tony8 04-01-2011 11:51 AM

ff, i want you to leave me your leaky roof...pretty please?...lol...

nancy, that does it - no seesaw for you!...

marilee, i feel another blitz-lunch coming on with you girls...congrats on the new 1.8 lb. drop...you are unbelievable!

okay, i am not calling anyone "2f2f"...i gotta draw the line somewhere...you gotta either tell me your name or i'll make one up for you - i'm thinking "gladys"...lol...btw, welcome to the blitz!...we are sooo happy to have another AZ girl among us - as we love the two we already have...sounds like you're doing great - i love folks who are losing weight quickly as it offsets the gains i achieve with regularity...

speaking of gains, i officially weighed in this morning at 204 - 2 lbs. heavier than last friday...but the 4 lbs. i lost last week were the result of two days of almost total fasting, and some of that weight may have been dehydration...it makes more sense if i lump the 2 weeks together and have a 2 lb. drop...based on the calories i'm taking in, i should be losing about 1 lb a week, which is my goal...

so the bad news is that there's no way i make 1derland by the 7th...

but the good news is that i lost 6 lbs in march and 6 lbs. for blitz IV, which although not stellar, is progress...so my blitz totals to date are:
blitz I - 23 lbs. lost
blitz II - 4 lbs. lost
blitz III - 8 lbs. lost
blitz IV - 6 lbs. lost
all-blitz total - 41 lbs.

i was hoping to do a little better (maybe 50 lbs. in a year), but looking back, i feel pretty good about the fact that i have actually lost some weight during each 3-month blitz...i really struggled a lot of that time and would not have been able to do it without you guys...so, thank you for the 1000th time!...love you guys!
tony
p.s. oops, missed ya, abigale!

Gibby 04-01-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony8 (Post 14524064)
but the good news is that i lost 6 lbs in march and 6 lbs. for blitz IV, which although not stellar, is progress...so my blitz totals to date are:
blitz I - 23 lbs. lost
blitz II - 4 lbs. lost
blitz III - 8 lbs. lost
blitz IV - 6 lbs. lost
all-blitz total - 41 lbs.

:kicking::clap::kicking::clap::notwrthy:

heatherinchicago 04-01-2011 12:10 PM

I'm new. I started Atkins on Monday. I'd like to join your group!

I have my 15 year high school reunion coming up in July. It would be great to be 30 pounds lighter by then! I've done Atkins in the past with success, so I know this will work for me.

I've already lost a crazy amount in the past 5 days. I know a big loss is normal in the first week, but this big?? Maybe in the next two to three weeks I won't have losses, just to even things out? (I'm trying to prepare myself so I won't get discouraged in the next 3 weeks)

Gibby 04-01-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherinchicago (Post 14524143)
I'm new. I started Atkins on Monday. I'd like to join your group!

I have my 15 year high school reunion coming up in July. It would be great to be 30 pounds lighter by then! I've done Atkins in the past with success, so I know this will work for me.

I've already lost a crazy amount in the past 5 days. I know a big loss is normal in the first week, but this big?? Maybe in the next two to three weeks I won't have losses, just to even things out? (I'm trying to prepare myself so I won't get discouraged in the next 3 weeks)

Hi Heather! Welcome! :welcome:

What a great day! So many new Blitzers!!!! :clap:

vli1127 04-01-2011 02:08 PM

My calculations are such that at the end of this blitz (June 30) I will be 5 weeks away from wedding and I better be at least 175, that is my goal and I am sticking to it.

BecinUK 04-01-2011 02:16 PM

Hi to everyone!

This seems like a really interesting thread and it could be just what I am looking for. I am very new to the whole LC thing and have never done it before and have now been going about 3 weeks and lost 7 pounds so far. I am slow at losing but I don't mind as long as it goes down.

I would love and really plan on losing 20 pounds in the next 3 months. That would bring me down to 144!!! I can't imagine how great that would feel.

I like the idea of mini goals as thinking about the end is just too difficult.

In my first 10 or so days of LC I was so exhausted I could barely walk and now I am full of energy and able to do my 5km intervals on the treadmill again so I just want to keep that up.

Let's hope this will help keep the motivation going!

Gibby 04-01-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vli1127 (Post 14524516)
My calculations are such that at the end of this blitz (June 30) I will be 5 weeks away from wedding and I better be at least 175, that is my goal and I am sticking to it.

You go, girl!!!!!! We're here to help.

Gibby 04-01-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecinUK (Post 14524551)
Hi to everyone!

This seems like a really interesting thread and it could be just what I am looking for. I am very new to the whole LC thing and have never done it before and have now been going about 3 weeks and lost 7 pounds so far. I am slow at losing but I don't mind as long as it goes down.

I would love and really plan on losing 20 pounds in the next 3 months. That would bring me down to 144!!! I can't imagine how great that would feel.

I like the idea of mini goals as thinking about the end is just too difficult.

In my first 10 or so days of LC I was so exhausted I could barely walk and now I am full of energy and able to do my 5km intervals on the treadmill again so I just want to keep that up.

Let's hope this will help keep the motivation going!

Hi BecinUK:welcome:

Welcome to our group! We are all doing one form of low carb or another, with the united goal to get healthy and lose poundage! Post often so we can get to know you.

tony8 04-01-2011 09:29 PM

hey heather...welcome - you'll be looking so good by your reunion, you'll have to bring a bodyguard to keep the boys away :-)

vicki, who's getting married?...

alright, if i'm calling anyone "becin" i'll need to see a birth certificate...how many names am i gonna have to make up?...WELCOME!...

i'm a big teaser, girls, so don't take anything i say seriously...

had a good day today...not sure i ate 1000 calories...went to see "insidious" which my kids wanted to see - horror movie - i don't think you guys would like it, but i like every movie, so it was fine...the biggest news was that i did not eat even one kernel of popcorn...hear that jenny?...

i'm hoping to lose 9 lbs. during this blitz and get to 195...it's less than a pound a week, but it's more than i've lost during any blitz since blitz I, so it seems ambitious to me...

i need to focus on my shorter weekly goals, and i'll try to lose a pound a week...i plan to continue to follow my 9 p.m. curfew sun-thu although so far i have not broken curfew even on fri or sat...i am not planning any other major changes unless i start gaining or if i am not in 1derland by june 1st...

good luck to everyone!...hope y'all are having a great friday!

Abigale 04-02-2011 02:11 AM

Will try to keep carbs under 30 and calories not more than 1000 this week and see where that takes me. I don't drink enough water so will up that as well.

Everyone have a wonderful Saturday!

flatferenghi 04-02-2011 05:51 AM

well, i was home and dry....

but the real litmus test comes Mon & Tues. The Big Apple will get a sustained soaking. If I am not washed away by Wed., then I will be be able to sigh in relief. SIGHS count. (heh heh heh). Last night, I had the house special soup, though w/o the soup. The container had cracked, the broth dripped out into the plastic bag. less sodium for me. i nuked the solids, and added some chinese mustard(yet...it spoke no chinese!). Later, before curfew, i scrambled 2 eggs, and toasted my 1/2 bagel, upon which i put butter, 1 t of diabetic jelly, and 1 slice of monster cheese. I have not felt such contentment in a long time. a great way to de-stress. The bagel co. is called CARB KRUNCHERS. They make 4 kinds (maybe more). They average 6 net carbs per bagel, 3 per 1/2 bagel. well, what are u standing around here for? google them & place an order! THAT'S AN ORDER!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

vli1127 04-02-2011 06:36 AM

Abigail, becin, and Heather, welcome. I haven't been posting a whole lot because of a funk I have been in. I have regained about 30 lbs over the past year with sporadic episodes of wt loss on/off and regain throughout the year. When I feel bad about myself I tend to isolate. So, my lack of entries in the last blitz was a result of that.

I am getting remarried in August and I already have the dress since we were to get married last August. I was at my low wt when I bought that dress. I tried it on a week ago and it still zips, but is very tight.

Unfortunately, me eating as of late, has included junk and carbs: pasta, chips, cookies need I say more? Also, I have been reading about various plans of eating including Veganism EGAD and vegetarianism ???? searching for the answer. I know what worked before and just need to kick my arse in gear and Just Do It. That was my motto before and have told others, but for some stupid reason, I can't seem to take my own advice.

Anyways, busy weekend with fiance' is planned. I am vacating my house due to a total bathroom remodel. I spent 2 hours last night with the guy that is doing the remodel at Lowe's and spent $1650 on stuff. I can't wait until it is done!