Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Happy Wednesday all,

Oh JennyF, a beautiful breakfast and I agree, it's great when the food is pleasing to the eye!

Howdy Clanger, missed ya!

FF - good job, I'm impressed at your efforts. Springtime is giving you a boost!

OK folks, I am having surgery next Thursday 4/14 at Exeter Hosp for a lobectomy (yeah, I wish it had something to do with lobster). Anyway, the left lobe of my thyroid gland in my neck is coming out. The biopsy showed suspicuous cells so best to get it out and have it go to pathology. It will take about a week to get the pathology report back. If the suspicious cells are well contained in the 2cm nodule, then that's good news and no further work is needed. If suspicious cells are outside the nodule and in the main left lobe, then I'm back in surgery fairly quickly to have to right side taken out.

I'm glad I'm just about 50 lbs down, eating healthily and exercising -- as mentally I feel fit and strong and ready to take on anything. Plus I'll have a good scar for next Halloween!!!

Nancy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Happy Wednesday all,

I'm glad I'm just about 50 lbs down, eating healthily and exercising -- as mentally I feel fit and strong and ready to take on anything. Nancy
That is awesome Nancy. I can't wait till I'm down 50!

I am back down to 234.5 (still up 1.5 from last week) but headed in the right direction. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am sure u will be fine.

My uncle had his entire thyroid gland removed. He was perfectly normal on thyroids meds. FF
Old 04-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #124

how to keep celery crisp.

after a few days, my celery starts to go limp (God will get u for what y'all are thinking ),then i use it for stirfry...however i do like nice crisp celery for snacking and otherthings such as filling with tuna salad, etc, and mincing into tuna salad etc. So...I await your wisdom. FF
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning, all! No movement on the scale, bummer! But at least it didn't go up.

Nancy- for the upcoming surgery. And congratulations on the 50 pound loss. That's great!

ff-to keep celery longer, I stand it up in a large glass with water at the bottom-seems to help with the turgor.

Tony-Hey, I can do that exercise! Walking to car in rain and walking back to work or home....Yea!!!!!

TTYL
Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Morning kids!

Jennyf...your breakfast looks AMAZING!!!

Nancy, I'm sorry about the upcoming surgery...definitely praying for you!!

FF...Great job with the exercise....that takes determination to do all those stairs!

Marilee, looks like we WILL be walking the rain later today and tomorrow....at least if the weather guys have it right!!

2f2f, you're headed in the right direction....keep it up!

But Tony...it's SO MUCH FUN to instigate!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #127

what almost happened!!!

i was getting the whipped cream from the fridge at work for my swiss miss hot choc, and 1 slice of low carb bread fell out of the plastic bag. i put it up to my nose to smell it, then..................i put it back in the bag. I feel so much better. i already had my lc bread for the day. Sometimes, it is a matter of JUST SAYING NO. I am now enjoying my HC/WC (5 gr)to an even greater degree. Tonight are cheese burgers with yet another stir fry. I will try limiting it ro 2 burgers, instead of the usual 4. Thanks for the tip on the celery. I will try it with the next bunch.(total net carbs for today 14) FF
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, one thing that helps me limit the quantity of food i eat (like 2 burgers), i kind of learned from you: eat slowly and chew each bite for a looong time...helps you enjoy the flavor, takes the amount of time your brain is programmed to eat and aids in digestion - win, win, win!...

nancy, i know it is a bit of an ordeal any time you have to go to the hospital and have surgery, but exeter is excellent and i know you're gonna be fine...we'll all be right here pulling for you!...

okay, tammy, keep it up!...lol...

marilee, that scale has spoiled you!...if it went down EVERY day, you'd probably be dying!...

i was thinking earlier, that this month, almost all of us will be in the same century...my very ambitious goal is not to have marilee and ff get to 1derland before me!...believe me, that's a stretch kids!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi FF! I think with celery you can cut it up and pop it in a tupperware full of water and keep in the fridge. The water keeps it crunchy. I too find I can never get through a whole bunch before it goes soft.

I just ate a yum dinner of garlic and sauteed spinach and 2 poached eggs. I am trying to re-think my sodium intake. I never really though about sodium in the past but I think that it could be the missing factor that I haven't considered.

I am weighing myself tomorrow morning for the last time before I fly home Friday night. Fingers crossed I am down (even if just a tiny bit!) If not well I ain't going to let it get me down. I am now 37 days no chocolate or sweets and so freaking proud of that! It's my longest ever that I know of. Today I was shopping in the staff chocolate shop at work for my friends and family back in Australia was definitely a tempting moment but I resisted and it's true sometimes you just have to say NO! And you have to think about the great reasons about being a little thinner and healthier.

Last night I was staying away for work and I caught a glimpse in the mirror in the hotel room and noticed that my stomach appeared to be a little smaller. It felt like the biggest victory! So much better than a pound on the scales.

So I suggest to everyone just take a look in a different mirror with different angles and hopefully you'll like what you see!!

Everyone have a great evening!

Bec
Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #130

actually, BecinUK, i don't own a full length mirror.

i sleep better at night as a consequence. Yes, I will certainly try the celery tip. One of my fave veggies. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. 1 of 2 things will happen. I will either get below 300 lbs, OR I will admit myself into our Psychiatric wing...because if i do not get to 2-DORLAND tomorrow...I WILL BE WACKO!!! FF
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey bec,
hope you have a safe and happy trip back home and congrats on the mirror!...i have one of those funhouse mirrors that makes you look skinny, so i've liked what i've seen for years!...

nice job on the chocolate...does your company need a temp to fill in while you're away?...i just happen to be available!

Last edited by tony8; 04-06-2011 at 12:50 PM..
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck for the big weigh in FF!!! You can do it.

I'm sure they'd love a temp whilst I am away since I'll be gone so long. But you wouldn't want all that chocolatey goodness to tempt you i'm sure? Saying that it is Easter and there's lots of yum Easter Eggs to get through. I haven't had one creme egg the whole season!!! Although I'm not such a fan so it was pretty easy
Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

do they frown on shrinkage??? :-)
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brittany80
Stats: 252/241.4/190
Start Date: Restart 2/2011-Really counting 3/2011
Hi everyone!
Weighed this morning and no change . Body feels different though and clothes feeling bigger My offical weigh in day is on Sundays, we shall see. Hanging in there.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Donna D. in NJ
Stats: 205/190/150
Start Date: Feb. 11, 2011
LMAO! This looks like a great group! Can I come and play?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyFedei
Stats: 230/230/150
Start Date: April 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. in NJ View Post
LMAO! This looks like a great group! Can I come and play?

Donna, you are more than welcome to come "play".. but watch out for Tony.. he's the ring leader of shenanigans and master punster extraordinaire (he thinks he's in charge of the harem).

Of course Donna, if you do join you have to subjugate yourself to the secret initiation ritual to become an official "Blitzer"... And you must swear on a 10 pound brick of cheddar cheese that "whatever happens on this thread, stays on this thread".

If you so agree to the terms, say "I do" and we'll immediately instate you as an honorary pledge.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Tony - There is no need for and any shrinkage as we get as much free chocolate as we want. It's like willy wonka!!! Hence why every day I don't eat the stuff I am so proud of myself.

I weighed in this morning hoping for some change but no luck Same old on the scale!! But what can you do?? I will weigh in post flight on Sunday morning but it's hard to say, I imagine that you would retain water whilst flying but I don't really know.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

donna, donna, donna!...you're in luck!...grab a bunch of grapes and one of those huge feathery fans and come sit here by me...

new jenny, we're running out of sugar-free chocolate syrup and LC whipped cream for the "secret initiation ritual"...could you prepare a purchase order for ten cases of each?...thank you dear...

bec, don't worry about the losses - your body may be adjusting...i would probably set as a goal to not gain while you are away - try to stay withing a 3-5 lb. window and limit portions but don't restrict your choices dramatically while you are home...it will make for a much more pleasant time, and that is important!...you can focus on losing again when you get back...we'll be here...

i think when we get to goal, the whole blitz group should embark on a field trip to visit bec AT WORK...not for the free chocolate of course, i just think it would be nice to be supportive...

it's too early right now, but wait until i tell you guys about dinner last night at this great italian restaurant...OMG!

Last edited by tony8; 04-07-2011 at 02:43 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, it's later now...

we went to an awesome italian restaurant just north of boston...we'd never been before, but i'd heard good things - it was my daughter's 20th birthday...i debated what to order - i knew i was gonna avoid the pasta, but wanted to try something "italian"...the waitress helped me by recommending the stuffed veal chop - never had that dish before - had never even seen a veal chop...

it was unbelievable!...stuffed with fontina cheese and herbs and pan seared with some kind of reduction sauce and topped with carmelized red peppers...omg, i was in heaven!...

gave my daughter a vintage gibson acoustic guitar - she LOVED it - she bonded with it immediately and played softly at the table...i was so happy as she hasn't played for a while and has never had her own acoustic guitar, and i am hoping she will play more and maybe even start writing a bit as i think she has that ability...she brought it back to her dorm last night... :-)

so i had a great day...and ate very well...and on plan...

wassup with everyone else???
Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #140

hey, Donna...we are practically neighbors!!!

I live in Bklyn. Of course u can join. I feel fortified anew. Just in time to wish me luck on today's weigh-in. I have offered prayers to all the healing Gods. I understand there are bookies taking action all over the galaxy, whether I will enter the hallowed halls of 2-DORLAND, or the hallowed halls of the Wacko Ward. 5 hrs and 10 minutes to go. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i'm pulling for ya, bro!!!...i'm betting the pink slip on my convertible and summer's coming - that's how sure i am!...
Old 04-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
[QUOTE=tony8;14540574]donna, donna, donna!...you're in luck!...grab a bunch of grapes and one of those huge feathery fans and come sit here by me...

new jenny, we're running out of sugar-free chocolate syrup and LC whipped cream for the "secret initiation ritual"...could you prepare a purchase order for ten cases of each?...thank you dear... [QUOTE=tony8;14540574]

We've created a monster!!!!!

We also went to an Italian restaurant last night with the in-laws....their last night in town. We've had a lovely time visiting with them, but I am ready for them to go home so I can get back to losing weight!!!
Dinner however was nearly as wonderful as Tony's....I had a Parmesan crusted steak with a double side of grilled asparagus drizzled with a little balsamic glaze and butter I can honestly say that I did not miss the pasta one little bit...it was SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

Welcome Donna, yes we are quite the rowdy bunch over here lately....we're not serious about much EXCEPT losing weight and helping each other have fun while we do it!!!

Brittany, your body feeling better and clothes fitting looser is the first step...you are on your way and the scales WILL reflect that!!

Bec you're a stronger person than I am....free chocolate???? I'd be finding a way to squeeze that into my carb counts let me tell ya!!!! Have a super fabulous time on holiday and Tony has excellent advice...give yourself a 3-5 pound window and don't sweat it....when life gets back to normal that 3 -5 pounds will fall right off. I honestly think that's what makes all the difference for me this time....I'm so much more realistic about letting life happen and accepting that and working with that as opposed to letting it overwhelm me and throwing in the towel. Maybe it takes me a little longer than I'd LIKE to reach my goal....but at least I'm heading TOWARDS my goal and not away from it!!

FF....Twoderland for you today my good friend.....the bookies in the galaxy all have the odds in your favor and with all your stair climbing I just know you've made it!!!!! I'll be checking back in for your update.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning all,

FF, remember that guy who could bend forks just by imaging it in his mind? Well, I am doing the same for the scale that you will be stepping on. I am so pulling for you. You have been a ROCK of determination lately!

Thanks all for the good wishes for my op next week. From what I've read, I'll have a sore throat from the breathing tube so I have instructed hubby to break the rules, and bring me a Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolata to me after I'm settled in my room. That and the pain killers, I should be in heaven. Went out and got me a nice new sleep mask and ear plugs for some peace & quiet there. Got my Kindle all cranked up with books and word games too!

BecinUK...is it Cadbury's or Nestle?? You know, working around chocolate maybe you get tired of it all? Have a safe and hassle-free flight, keep hydrated.

Tony - what restaurant was it? Sounds great! and Tammy, your meal with the in-laws sounds yummy too!!

Brittany - yup, there will be days where clothes feel looser but scale doesn't show it, don't worry, don't get discouraged. Keep to your plan no matter what!

Wecome Donna, hello Jenny, Marilee, Original Jenny, et al!

OK-- DRUM ROLL!!!! I have now lost 50 lbs. It's official!! The Big 5-0!
And...our workplace Biggest Loser is now in its 5th week. I have lost 10.6 lbs since the start, which is 4.93% of my original weight. There are 5 weeks to go.

I think I will have to start taking belly dance lessons to entertain the harem-meisters

Nancy
Old 04-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbarella
Stats: current: size 8/10... goal: size 4/6
WOE: Low carb, clean eating, no soda!
Start Date: forever
Good morning all! I've had quite a rollercoaster of a week. The job i thought i'd be starting this week or next, turns out i have to wait AGAIN and take more tests for. GRRRR!!! BUT- as soon as that happened, i got offered a part time job doing secretarial type work, which I start today. YAY!!!! one door closes, and another opens! I haven't weighed in a few days, but I feel pretty good and eating on point.

today:
Br: 1 slice double fiber bread, butter, fried egg, coffee
sn: orange
lunch: low carb lean cuisine, greek yogurt
sn: protein shake, handful of almonds
din: chicken and broccoli
80 oz water

exercise: walk 60 min, clean my grandma's house (that counts for some calories burned right? )

Have a great Thursday all!

Set your goals high and don't stop till you get there"

~Treat your body like a temple, Let others worship~
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all you crazy Blitzers!

Welcome, Donna! The more the merrier!

Bec-you exercise such great control. I don't know what I'd do if I worked around chocolate all day - oh, yes I do!!!! When I was in high school, my father (as a side job), purchased a doughnut shop. I worked in it for 3 years. Needless-to-say, I wasn't the same size when I left as when I started. That is when my weight battle began. And, I still LOVE DOUGHNUTS! A major hot food for me.

Congratulations, Nancy on the 50 pounds! Too awesome for words!

ff-I think you are going to beat me to Twoterville and I couldn't be happier for you. Rock on with your bad self!!!

Me, well this morning I stepped on the scale with all appendages crossed, but the diet gods were against me. Yes, I lost 1.4 pounds, but the scale stopped at - you guessed it - 300! It couldn't be 299.9 - NOOOOOOO!!! It had to be 300. AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Oh, well.....

Tony and Tammy your dinners sound amazing! It's only 7:15 AM and I'm starved just reading about them.

Well everybody - I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I probably did.

Time to get to work - TTYL

Marilee
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Donna D. in NJ
Stats: 205/190/150
Start Date: Feb. 11, 2011
Thanks for the welcome all! I dare to enter despite having to feed grapes and fan Tony.

FF: I was born in Brooklyn! And you know what they say...you can take the girl out of brooklyn...

So anyone have any exercise tips for someone with LIMA disease?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #147

thanks all for your best wishes for today's moment of truth.

i will be bouncing off the walls if the numbers fall my way. However, I WILL stay quite sane, even if the fates are contrary. I already feel physically quite well, so that is a victory. I have, as of this moment already climbed the steps 4 times today(192 steps), and if i have another "nature" break before noon, there will be a 5th. In any event, i am changing my exercise routine begining this evening. I have a WW exercise video, and a live Shania Twain concert from Chicago. I can most certainly move to her groove. (the question is-can the floor joists handle it?)FF
Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #148

tony8-that veal chop has me salivating.

there is a great italian restaurant that the family used to go to, in Bklyn. it is called Fiorentinos. My stepfather used to get the veal chop. I never had it. If i ever get there again, i shall most certainly order it. In place of pasta, I always get the spinach in garlic and oil. I gave the pasta to my mom to take home. i am most impressed with the Vintage Gibson acoustic guitar. They have come up from time to time on the Antiques Road Show. They are quite valuable. I am s ure the sound they create is exceptional. FF
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Good morning all. I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm down to 233.5 this morning - back where I was before the weekend. Just in time for another weekend!

FF - I'm waiting anxiously for your reply: my fingers, toes, legs and eyes are crossed for you!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My assistant just came in and asked me if I wanted a couple of ginger cookies. I politely declined!
Closed Thread