Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
gee whiz...Gibby, i do not know how u can take that heat.

i know it's a dry heat, but it is like being grilled as opposed to being boiled. I start to fold even when the temps are low, but the humidity is high. Well, Law & Order Criminal Intent did NOT end in nuptials for my fave detectives. I saw the look in their eyes as they got into the car at the very end, that there is hope. I also checked out my first fitness ctr choice. They DO have treadmills and stationary bikes, as well as weights. AND, THEY TAKE CASH. I may have to go with the $99.00 package for a year membership (3 times a week..they choose the days). They also have $219.00 for unlimited times a week for a year. I will have to discuss the details next Tuesday, to see which is more do-able. $219.00 is quite a wad to shell out at once. What i could do, is pay 1/2 down...not come to the spa for a month, and when i have the 2nd 1/2, i come with my padlock and soap, and begin from that day. No loss to them. However, life has taught me that anytime something is advantageous to me, and not unadvantageous to them, the fact that IS advantageous to ME, is not desirable to them. But, i will be optimistic. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
115 is way too hot, Marilee. I'm sure everything is air conditioned in Phoenix but I remember how excruciating it is to get in a hot car, especially if you have leather seats. Ouch!

FF, yes, they will find the most advantageous solution for them but you will be the winner in the end with the weight loss and good health!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #963

i ended yesterday with a cheshire cat grin...

my one chewable elixir that i can count on to wash away the blues of the night or day....especially Monday. Can u guess what it was? I can tell u what is wasn't. It wasn't PROFITS. It wasn't OOMOX. Well, what is left? STEAK, and lots of it...1.46 lbs, bone- in, pre-cooked wt. Pan-sauted totalling no more than 7 minutes to a beautiful medium rare on the inside and crusty on the outside. No sides. Just the steak. I would so much like to have one of u over to cook one for u. I will keep sea-salt on the table if u really need to have it. Imagine a nice medley of heirloom tomatos and mediteranean olives drizzled over with extra virgin olive oil, on the side. What more does anyone need? FF
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, i'll be right over!!!...i hope the gym thing works out...i am sure they will let you give them a deposit and join once you pay them the balance - that deal is good for them too as they get some money up front and it costs them nothing as you won't even be using their facilities...they'll take that deal...

great to see everyone doing well...

marilee, i predict you will be in the 280s this week...you sure have earned it...wish i knew what you did to get into trouble :-) you're the sweetie and i'm the mischievous one - they should be monitoring me...oops, now they probably are...lol...

hey abi, is this weather awesome or what?...thanks for missing me

had an okay day yesterday, but didn't eat enough during the day and overate at night...on plan, but too much salmon...it was good...the seasoning was a little salty too - put a little too much and i must have drunk a gallon of water...

committed to eating more today during the day and less tonight...

on a personal note, we move my daughter to nashville next week...that's gonna be tough, but she's gonna do great...she just got her first nursing job at vanderbilt university medical center...and i'm there a lot, so hopefully i'll survive...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 06-28-2011 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, is your daughter leaving making you and your wife empty nesters now?

I hopped on the scale this morning and was pleased to see 196.8 but just as I was about to step off it changed to 192.6. I stepped on the scale 3 times in a row allowing the thing to clear before stepping on again and got that 192# again. Seemed like a huge drop. So, I did my 1 hr walk. I stripped down and reweighed and now it was 195.something. I peed and got back on 3 times but this time it was 191.8. Now, what number should I record for the day? I am leaning toward the very first number of 196 because I don't want to be disappointed. Normally, I don't hop off and on the scale hoping for the best number. I got on, let it cycle, and record that number period.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 06-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, you could compromise and say it was half way in the middle - say 194? Those scales can drive you crazy!

FF, the steak sounds marvelous. If I wasn't afraid to drive anywhere near a big city esp. NY I'd be there in 3 hours! I did just have the last two ribs for breakfast and enjoyed them very much.

Tony, I am enjoying the weather. All that rain last week was the pits. Just filled up a kiddie pool to give Bama a bath when the water warms up but may jump right in myself! lol

Hi Marilee! I bet NH weather this morning of 70.9 sounds like a cool spell to you in Arizona. I think it is supposed to get to the mid 80's later. Did you finish your book yet?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #967
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Howdy folks!

Vicki - wow, good job but your scale is nuts!! Maybe put an item on it that you know the weight of, and see if it holds true.

Marilee, good for you too, keep up the good work!

Hi Tony, Abi, FF et al!

I had a few indulgences over the weekend with social events, but stayed with on-plan food - however, a few G&T's and some wine was added to the mix. However, did my Planet FItness both days, plus last night to torch off the calories. Clothes fittin' loser, but not much change on the scale!

I did some research and guidelines suggest 1600 calories a day will get my 35 lbs off by early November... so if I torch 500 calories in a session, the math means I can kick it up to 2100 calories.

Must run, back to work!
Nancy
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #968

i estimate i hover around 2000 calories a day give or take.

i think i would be intolerably hungry if i tried to cut a few hundred calories out. i know i approach closer to 2500 calories on some days, especially when i am adding butter to the oil when i am saute-ing. i just had a double order of stewed pollock from the cafeteria. I hoovered it down. I am now putting myself to the 30 minute test. No eats until 7PM. It is odd how our tastes change. As a kid, unless fish was battered and fried, i had to be forced to eat it. I could not WORM out of it. Now I am nuts about many fish, if not all, be it baked, stewed, or grilled, or sauted. You might say I am HOOKED on fish. Tonight is pork chops. FF
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i never liked fish either as a kid...now i like it quite a bit...

hi nancy, good job limiting the damage over the weekend - it really reflects a positive change in behavior when we deviate but can still say "enough"...good for you...

abi, the water in our pool was 65 degrees a couple of days ago...i can't stand it until it is pretty darn close to 70...i'm hoping it is like near that this week so i can start getting some much-needed, non-hip-jarring exercise...

vicki, we have five kids and the other 4 all live at home, although my younger daughter will move back to school at the end of august...before our nest is empty, there's a chance we'll have grandchildren running around as our oldest is 26 and our youngest is 15...

having a good day so far:
b: 3 oz. salmon and a few spoonfuls of peas
l: tuna salad
s: 6 almonds
d: grilled chicken or leftover salmon
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all!

Took the day off from work - had to get some annual medical tests done, as mentioned, so I took the day off.

I was up a pound this morning, but will not worry about it. I've dieted for so many years, I know this happens. Back on my drops after taking a couple of days off for the tests, so things should kick in again. I sure noticed a difference without them - I got so hungry!!!!

Yes, Abi, I finished my book and I'm working on another one. It's a great thing to do when it's this hot! Speaking of which, I think I'll go knock out another chapter or two....

Love you all - TTYL

Marilee
Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #971

i had another thought re: gym deal.

pay the $99.00 for the limited 3 x a week until I come up with the add'l $120.00 for the unlimited plan.An even more reasonable deal. Well, no more thinking until I haul my butt there. Tonight is pork chops. FF
Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm...that ferenghi shrewdness is on display...hope the pork chops were yummy!...

hey marilee, i hope you get to take a day off for a happier reason next time!...i'm still betting on you hitting the 180s this week...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

When I was a kid Mom would fix baked Haddock. We all had to eat some and it had little bones in it. We used to dread it. We also sometimes had cod fish and gravy on potato. The cod fish came in a little wooden box. I liked it because it was salty. Memory land. lol

FF, that sounds like a good plan on the spa. That way you can get a month head start and will be that much closer to your Las Vegas weight!

Tony, 70 degrees still sounds too cold for me. My speed was the bath water temp of the Gulf from June until Sept. Of course you did have to worry about sharks.

Nancy, great that you can have fun at social doings and still stay on plan. Got to have some fun and we can and not undo all the good we have accomplished.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #974

will u look at that!!! TOMORROW is the LAST day of BLITZ V

Where did the time go? Although i had no improvement in scale weight, being up and down...i did have some major temptations, and i succeeded in NOT putting it all back. I believe that 3 months from now. there WILL be a major improvement. I learned that I DO have to FEED THE NEED when necessary, and feed it with as close to zero carb food as possible, and as low sodium as possible. I know i will be all right. May was the tough hump, and I survived it. Any last pre-BLITZ VI thoughts? FF
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i struggled mightily during this blitz...not sure why - it may just be "restraint fatigue" but after losing during every other blitz, i will be up 8-10 lbs. during this one...i really lost my discipline and stopped doing many of the things that helped me lose for the first year...i wish i could sugar-coat it, but i can't...i need to find my mojo again...

i am committed to continuing the fight...i am committed to these blitzes and to you guys...i know i will win this battle, and i have accepted i am not as strong as i thought i was, which is an important part of the process for me...let's all have a great blitz VI!!!...

Last edited by tony8; 06-29-2011 at 05:29 AM..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

I have been up and down on almost a daily basis for the last month. Got excited about seeing if lowering protein would help with the extra fat but got derailed before I really gave it a fair chance. May try it again in the future. I really like beef and don't really like eggs all that much so that makes it hard to lower protein. Had success before with drinking 64 oz of water a day but that is really hard to do too. I do like it when a new blitz gets started as I feel a surge of excitement and new beginnings.

Wishing us all great success in Blitz VI !
Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #977

my hopes for BLITZ VI...

that my increased physical activity will shorten the opportunity to pre-occupy myself with food, and show considerable improvement on the scale and the tape measure. I already take in quite a few calories (54 points on
WW plus 49 weekly OPTIONAL points + Physical activity points) I hope i will not need to go beyond the daily points, until, as the weight goes down, my daily points will go down as well. At least now, i have a shorter, more immediate goal: GETTING TO VEGAS at year end being closer to 200 than 300. It is a reasonable expectation. If something occurs to deter my VEGAS trek, at least i will be physically much improved. FF
Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy Cow, Blitz VI already, where has the time flown? Thank goodness I am finally on track. You should be able to tell since I AM posting more often.

I didn't weigh here at home this morning as I was at fiance's place. I did weigh on his scale and liked the number but, with the fiasco of yesterday's weights and my scale, I will wait until tomorrow to see what mine says.

I am exhausted today and may nap, plus I am hungry; time for lunch.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, up 2.4 pounds and it's my fault.....enough said.

This upcoming blitz...to stay on track and stay on program and drop another 15 pounds. As the Little Engine That Could said, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".....
Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #980

porkchops and celery root back on back burner

till i get back from JOISEY. too many last minute things to get ready. by the time i get home, it is too late to start saute-ing. So, it is the neighborhood diner tonight (they deliver), and McD tomorrow. My (earth) bro is picking me up right from work on Fri. I will be back late Sunday. I will ask Tony (i hope u are reading this, Tony)to begin Blitz VI. i believe that if I had not begun BLITZ I, I would be pushing up the daisies now. Oh, i got a phone call from BALLYs inquiring when i am going to register along with my blasted- by- the- east-wind- checkbook. I said "sorry, i am doing it elsewhere, much cheaper and cash welcome." OH, THAT FELT SOOO GOOD!!! FF
Old 06-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
till i get back from JOISEY. too many last minute things to get ready. by the time i get home, it is too late to start saute-ing. So, it is the neighborhood diner tonight (they deliver), and McD tomorrow. My (earth) bro is picking me up right from work on Fri. I will be back late Sunday. I will ask Tony (i hope u are reading this, Tony)to begin Blitz VI. i believe that if I had not begun BLITZ I, I would be pushing up the daisies now. Oh, i got a phone call from BALLYs inquiring when i am going to register along with my blasted- by- the- east-wind- checkbook. I said "sorry, i am doing it elsewhere, much cheaper and cash welcome." OH, THAT FELT SOOO GOOD!!! FF

I bet it did!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i did read your post, ff, and i most definitely will start blitz VI...i don't know where i'd be if you hadn't started blitz I...probably 40 lbs. heavier on more meds with more health issues...thanks, bro - you saved at least both of us!...

marilee, it's always our fault, isn't it?...good things are gonna happen for all of us in blitz VI...

vicki, i'm so happy for you...you deserve a lot of credit...even though you were struggling, you never gave up - you kept trying...kudos, kid...

abi, i'm so happy you found us when you did...you have been such a great addition to the group...thanks for making this a better place!...

had a good day today...played a round of golf with my son this afternoon, so i got a bit of exercise too...looking forward to a clean slate and a new blitz!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #983

hungry as a bear this a.m.

and that is good. i have a tuna sandwich in the fridge, which i will devour soon (romaine leaves instead of bread of course), along with an iced coffee. The a.c. is finally kicking in. The main reason i find the je ne sais quoi to come to work. Oh, today is weigh-in at high noon today. I hope the month ends on a low note. FF
Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #984

izzybeff began a 100 lb challenge in the Playground part of lcf

i decided what the heck? I need something to get the juices flowing. So i joined. I am already excited. Will i lose 100 in 6? Possibly, but not bloody likely. But, i am willing to push myself just a little harder. I am willing to say no, not this time, even with zero carb foods, if i feel it is really not necessary at that time. Who wants to participate (if not 100, then whatever u feel u would like to lose by year end). I feel more alive just at the thought of it. FF
Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 AM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony <<<<<<<<<<<MOJO<<<<<<<<<<<<

Tomorrow will be the end of wk 2 of VLCD. I am almost out of the non HCG drops and ready to continue with my Intermountain Pellets that actually DO contain HCG. I want to plan P3 for when I go on vacation and plan to be on P3 for 2 weeks only before starting R2. I am an educator and I should be able to complete a Round of about 21 days before heading back to work and that would probably finish off the IM pellets too. By then, I should be at MY goal. We will see how it works.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF-thanks for the heads up - I've joined the 100 pound challenge!!!!

I'll check back later - scale is going down again - 280's here I come
Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #987
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
FF-thanks for the heads up - I've joined the 100 pound challenge!!!!

I'll check back later - scale is going down again - 280's here I come
Whoop, whoop I know you will make it. Seems we are both heading for the 80's and not the decade either LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Whoop, whoop I know you will make it. Seems we are both heading for the 80's and not the decade either LOL

Thank God! I hated the 80's......
Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #989

i am up another 1.2 lbs.

so i ended at 308.00. since i began 4/1/10..that is a 64 lb loss. not miraculous #s to be sure. However, I did NOT put it back owing to frustration, disappointment, hunger or any other reason i may have thrown in the towel in the past. I truly believe that by the beginning of BLITZ VII, good fortune (scale wise)will catch up with me. So, farewell to BLITZ V.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, thanks for the kind words!

FF and Marilee, hope you find even more motivation by joining the 100 lb. challenge!i
FF, I bet it did feel good to tell Bally's you got a better deal.

Vicki, hoping you reach your goal by the time work starts up again. It's a great incentive too!

We had the first crop of zuchini and summer squash last night from the garden. Could not resist having a bowl of steamed and buttered squash. I think they are pretty low carb. Leftover pot roast for dinner. No cooking tonight. Yea!

Tried some coconut milk in my coffee the other day. The coffee was french vanilla. I usually put coconut oil in coffee every morning but had never tried the milk. It tasted fine. I didn't finish the cup and when I got back home I finished the now cold coffee left in the cup. I really liked it cold. The flavors tasted stronger and reminded me of a milkshake.
Closed Thread