Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
here is my point.

if these choices are to u as SACRED as NATHANS FRIES are to me, then u should not go through life NEVER enjoying it. The trick is to create a strategy whereby one indulgence will not trigger a never-ending binge. My strategy is to wait till the time is right (Labor Day Weekend for me), and to keep it outside the house,and burn it off afterwards. The concept of the "forbidden food" will create a time bomb in your psyche, until u(the rhetorical u) explode into paroxysms of unlimited and unparalleled carb loading. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
well said, ff... :-)
Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I see what you are saying FF and I agree. The only time I am around this kind of fudge is at Christmas time when DH buys some at the Christmas Bazaar and then leaves it around for weeks and doesn't eat it. That's what happened last Christmas. I finally ate it all one night and enjoyed it immensely! Oh, there was also some peanut butter fudge too which I like just as much and finished off too. So now you have me looking forward to December!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #664

Dec IS my fave time of year.

so, we will wait together, Abigale. As it happens, the Planet Fitness deal ends May 31 & requires a credit card, or a checking acct. i do not have or want a credit card, nor do i want anyone or anything having access to my checking acct. BUT, i have a friend who just may use his credit card for me, and i will give him the cash up front. of course, it will be 20$ a month instead of the 10. but, as i do want to be at my best by Dec 26 (assuming i WILL be able to go to VEGAS), this will help exponentially. once during the week($20.00 car svc home), and twice weekend a.m., so i can use the bus. it sounds a do-able deal. we shall see whether it will materialize into reality. The good news is that the warm weather is here, my ability to eat less is improving, as a result of the warm weather, and i am out of the house more. Talk to y'all this evening if the computer allows. FF
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #665
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am passing through today as well. Fiance's mother's funeral was yesterday, my dad had his surgery yesterday and fiance's daughter graduated from HS tomorrow and my g'father flies in on Monday with my son coming from ND on Wed. Posts may be sparse for a bit.

On track for the most part had some Off Plan items at funeral lunch despite packing my own salad. But, on track so far today.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
FF...glad to be back in your flat. You're a lovely host!
I was thinking about your planned indugence. It just occured to me that I have NEVER had a planned one. I usually wait until I'm obsessed with some carbage, start picking on foods for a week or so, then have a full blown binge. You know, I saw a recipe that I really want, and I think after our trip to NC next week, I'm going to fix it for myself!
My treat btw, is hillbilly popcorn. LOOOVE popcorn. It's popped with bacon grease and butter and lots of salt. Might be gross, but I hear it's fantastic!!
The idea of planned indulgences might be the answer when I'm beginning to feel deprived. We shall see.
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!

Last edited by kbeth; 05-28-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #667

the good, the bad, the ugly

My Dr. was more than agreeable to sponsor me on his credit card. UNFORTUNATELY, he would have to be there in person to swipe the card. so, that is the end of that. my cell phone did, so i had to cancel my plans for the day. i could not allow myself to be stranded in Manhattan w/o communication ability. That will be remedied tomorrow. However, I will not freak out, and revert to infantile eating behaviors. i WILL LIE DOWN, AND LISTEN to the Chicago Lyric Opera, aim the fan in my face, and drink ice cold water, seltzer, and diet soda. Today is a 1 meal day...4 cheese burgers, 2 of which will be topped with a sunny side up egg. As far as the UGLY is concerned, my finances are like the wicked witch of the west. bye for now. FF
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, sorry about all the heartache around you...my thoughts are with you and your family and your almost extended family...

abi, i like the creamy smooth-ish dark chocolate fudge with walnuts...my wife used to make it around the holidays...thanks for reminding me about that! :-)

ff and kbeth, i like the idea of planned indulgences...

ff, i don't understand the deal with swiping the card?...couldn't he provide PF with his credit card over the phone, and then they could provide you with the membership card that you swipe when you log in at the gym?...something seems amiss with the problem you are having - unless it works differently in nyc...nancy, what do you think?...

kbeth, i'm just happy i've never tried hillbilly popcorn - it would be one more kind of popcorn i'd be addicted to...what the heck is it about popcorn???

i had a good night last night and a good day so far today, so i'm on day 4 of being firmly on the horse:

b: few chunks of cantaloupe
l: cheese stick
d: burgers and dogs (i think) bun-less of course!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 05-28-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Old 05-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Well DH wants to cook steaks out tonight. He wanted me to pick up a couple of thick ones. I have done so well on my experiment of 20 carbs and 50 grams of protein. When I plugged in the steak to Fit Day it was way over the top. So I plugged in eating half the steak and it was still too high. Calories and carbs would still be fine. Haven't had steak in 6 or 7 months so what do you think I'm going to do. Probably eat the whole thing if I don't get too full. It won't derail me but it will derail my experiment momentarily.

FF, I can see you not wanting to get a credit card but I wonder about a pre-paid one? Seems like Walmart has them so you never get into trouble. You can never spend them for more than you have put on them in advance. I also think your Doc could probably call his card in. Surely they want your business and should figure out a way to get yours. Besides, you have such an honest face!

Beth, anything with bacon grease on it has to be good!

Vicki, I was sorry to hear of your finance's mother. Am thinking of you and him. How is your Dad doing after his surgery? You sure have alot going on right now!

Tammy, did you get your permanent management positition, the close to home yet or are things still crazy for you?

Tony, good going on day 4! Your meals today look good.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Well I had a one day reprieve. DH wants the steaks tomorrow instead so I just ate 2 hardboiled eggs with 2 TB spoons homemade mayo for dinner so I was able to keep to my 50 grams of protein experiment for one more day.

Have a great Saturday evening everyone!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #671

no tony...planet fitness was specific about their condition.

they need the body attached to the credit card IN SITU. the whole shpiel about planned indulgence was inspiredby LIVING LOW CARB by Johnny Bowden. (rev ed 2010) Regardless of whatever low carb plan one is following, it is DE RIGEUR reading, and should be kept within arms reach AT ALL TIMES.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

FF, enjoy listening to your opera today, relax and keep cool. You should get all recharged for the week! Now sunny side eggs on top of cheeseburgers must be a Ferenghi delicacy. May have to give that a try sometime!

Will go out to breakfast after Church today and plan to have scrambled eggs and bacon. Steak for dinner.

Daughter and family will go to see the President speak in Joplin today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where the heck is tammy???

abi, you've been doing great...if you really desire the steak, enjoy it...or you could slice up an amount that works within your experiment and stir-fry it with some LC veggies...whatever you decide, we are proud of how well you are doing...

ff, i like abi's prepaid card idea...any chance of that working?...

had my 4th good day yesterday and plan to have my fifth today...getting back to setting weekly goals of a 1 lb. loss, so i'm shooting for 208 by friday...still don't know how i got away from the strategies that WORKED for me for so long...but i'm grateful to all of you for helping get me back on track!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #674

i decided to a find a more time & cost effective way

to deal with this. but tomorrow and tues i shall be at the beach, and i will give no thought to anything save the sea, the sky, and the bikinis(i am ashamed to say that even the Ferenghi dedication to PROFITS is taking a back burner the next 2 days). i did get a new cell phone at no cost to me today...the basic bird...as few bells and whistles as possible. it was under warranty. the old one actually broke into pieces. now that the summer weather is here, my plain h2o consumption is rising just as i predicted, and my appetite is dwindling. my last bite, last night was about 7:30pm. FF
Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi Everyone

I've not been writing much on this board lately but I have been reading all of it and it sounds like you are all up to some pretty interesting endeavors with most of you doing so well with food. I am very glad to hear this.

Wanted to check in to say I am so excited because I've hit my first reward mini goal and I just ordered Seinfeld Season 1&2 on DVD this morning!!! Cannot wait to finally watch it next weekend. I know when I finish it that I will desperate for season 3 so hopefully it'll help be shift the next 7 pounds quite swiftly!

Down to 151.9 today which means I reached my May goal of 152 and only 8 pounds to hit my Blitz goal for the end of June.

Now I just hope my mind catches up with my body because I still feel that I look around 175.

155: 05/15/2011
150: 06/07/2011
145:
140:
135:
130:
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BEC, that is AWESOME!!!!!...i am so proud of you...you definitely earned that seinfeld season!...we miss you when you're quiet...i still don't know how you resist all that chocolate! :-)

ff, congrats on the waning appetite...i have no such luck right now, but i finished my 5th good day in a row and got in a little exercise with a round of golf with my boys...

i find cold turkey to be too harsh, but gradually easing back into a proper way of eating over 2-3 days seems to work best for me...

looking forward to a good day 6...how's everyone else doing?...

happy memorial day!

Last edited by tony8; 05-30-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Old 05-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Almost had a panic attack yesterday. Went to use my computer later in the day and it was deader than a doornail. After some investigation I saw that one of my cats had chewed on the power cord. I thought maybe it had lost its power and than the laptop battery ran down because I didn't know it was using it. Called Staples and they said they would take a quick look at it. They used their power cord and it came right up. So $80.00 later I was back in business. I have two cats so I don't which one to blame. It could have been a joint venture.

Bec! So glad to hear from you and great news on getting to your May blitz goal. Seinfeld is sooo worth it.

Tony, you are doing so well. Wishing you another good day!

FF, hope you are enjoying relaxing on the beach and soaking up all that Vitamin D! You are getting healthy as you get your summer tan.

I ate the whole 1 pound steak last night and it was delicious. Curbing back the protein to 50 grams today to get back to my experiment.

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and really enjoy the freedom we have!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Back briefly. My grandpa flies in today, dad is still in hospital, my oldest son arrives on Wed for a few weeks from ND and my youngest gets baptized next Sunday. Should be a good week. Better than last.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi-quick check in. I need to get caught up on posts.

Haven't been good on plan - not too bad, could have been worse. My dad was here (Vicki's grandpa) and I had some carbs. About an hour ago, he left for the airport on his way to see Vicki, my brother and the rest of the family.

I'll check back in later.......
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abi, whichever cat it was is lucky he/she didn't get fried!...i bet that steak was good!

hi vicki, sounds like you have a lot going on...wishing you a better week this week... :-)

marilee, isn't it so good to know that you've changed enough so that being bad isn't half as bad as it used to be?...you've been a good, bad girl...lol...

another good day so far today:
b: a couple of cataloupe chunks
l: 8 pistachios
s: cheese stick
d: salmon? (not quite sure)
Old 05-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

made grilled chicken instead of salmon tonight and it was DELICIOUS!...

worked all day and then grilled and now vegging out...hope everyone else had a great day!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #682

hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend.

I woke up this a.m. to the sound of thunder and the pitter patter of raindrops. so, i fell asleep again, and woke up at 11:16 am. I pretty much wallowed all day long, and ventured out about 2:30pm. after sitting on a bench in front of my building for a few hours, i walked to the shoprite, had a large blueberry flavored iced coffee at Dunkin'. when the caffeine entered my bloodstream, i did my shopping, and walked up and down the aisles twice (44 aisles). but i could not carry the stuff home. there was some good deals. but the weighty part was 2 6 packs of Canfield diet fudge soda & 4 1 liter bottles of rasberry flavored seltzer. (remember, club soda has salt, seltzer does not). Tomorrow, i am going to the park (Marine Park in Bklyn USA). the outer perimeter is 1.8 miles around or 3 K. i will FINALLY try that 5 hr energy thing. We shall see if it works, and if so, how well. Please see the entry in the main lobby entitled NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING!!! Love & Profits: FLAT (not ready for the beach yet)FERENGHI
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

FF, sorry yesterday was a rain day. You must have needed the rest to sleep until 11:16!
Anxious to find out how the energy drink does.

Tony, we are lucky that cat wasn't fried. I have moved the computer to another location where I don't think they will mess with the cords. Daughter and family going to a Lady Ante Bellum concert tonight at the Walmart home office in Bentonville, Arkansas. Concert goers will bring much needed items for the Joplin tornado victims to get into see the concert.

Marilee, hope the knee is feeling good now!

Eating bacon, hard boiled eggs and homemade mayo today. Ended up eating DH's leftover steak yesterday. Couldn't let all that good fat go to waste.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone?...

my scale went up to 210 on saturday and seems to be stuck there, so i will need a very austere next 4 days to get to my weekly goal of 208 by friday, but i am gonna do it...i feel a little bloated so i'm hoping some of it is water and maybe i can flush it out with more water...funny how that works, isn't it?

i've got plenty of leftover grilled chicken so that will be my dinner tonight...having a good day so far:

b: hb egg
l: 3 oz. grilled chicken
s: 8 pistachios
d: grilled chicken
and lot of water!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops, abi, we were posting at the same time...lol...

that concert is certainly for a great cause...my thoughts are with your family...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi Abi and Tony....

Well, the scale went down from 7 pounds gained to 5....so I'm going to be eating very clean from now on....

Abi, thanks for "asking". My knee is better, but still painful. I'm almost looking forward to when I can have the surgery!

I just need to mention, because I haven't in a while, what a blessing it is to have somewhere "safe" to go and confess my eating sins without being condemned...thanks everyone!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i've only ever been here with you guys...are there really places where people would condemn us for slipping? <gulp>
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, sorry the knee is still painful. It just makes everything such a chore when something hurts. I too have been to other sites that seem sort of judgemental. I love this site too!

Tony, do you marinate or baste that grilled chicken?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #689

wtg BecinUK

i stopped caring about what i look like. otherwise i would have given up long ago. the good news is i FEEL 100 lbs less than what i am. TONY, my lack of appetite is not always consistant. Before I left the house (about 8:30am), i had 8 oz roast beef. at the bakery (about 2:30pm) i had 2 lc cookies (3 gr)and an ice coffee. after i got home, i had an early supper(about 5pm);large chicken breast-at least 1 lb, topped by 1 T low carb marinara and 2 thin slices of melted muenster cheese. At 6, i cooked a package of center cut pork chops(3). They were great. I totalled them. it is now 7:09 pm. No more solid food today. BTW-the 5 hr energy drink-NOTHING. I felt nothing. I have one left, which i will use on Sat or Sunday. One thing I did learn. I should have gone to the beach. IF I want to do real walking, it will have to be barefooted at the water's edge. I did my 3K, anyway. FF
Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, this time i used a dry rub seasoning and served it with bbq sauce on the side (which i abstained from using)...it was juicy and tender...i cut whole chickens in half and grill them that way - they stay moister and don't dry out...

ff, i am proud of you for doing the 3K...that's a lot of walking...way to go keeping your carb-count down too...are those energy drinks mostly caffeine?...

had a good day again today, but i may need a near-fast day this week to try to get down to 208...we'll see...i'm a little hungry after curfew, but i'm gonna have a big glass of water and if that doesn't work, i'm goin' to sleep! ;-)
Closed Thread