Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Down another 1.6 pounds. 3 pounds away from my lowest last month. Doing the happy dance for sure!

Vicki-your remodel is going to be so nice! I love new bathrooms - so nice and clean and fresh.

ff-stay dry and prosper my friend.....

Busy day today...lots of errands to run and things to do. Hope my knee holds up. When I got home from work last night it had swollen to 1-1/2 times the size of the other. Not good!

TTYL

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Morning All!

I've been very good and been to the gym this morning (it's also inspiration as I don't own scales and get the weigh in when I go). And I am down a pound! I am so happy to see some downward movement I was stalled a bit for a while there and I think it came down to sugar alcohols and maybe too much cheese.

I am trying to eat as clean as possible at the moment as I am flying home to Australia on Friday for a friend's wedding, followed by a holiday in Thailand. I don't know how it's going to be when I am over there but I will try my hardest. I can't help but think as soon as I touch gluten and sugar again it's going to make me feel horrible and I don't want that whilst I am on vacation.

I return 2nd May so I will have 2 months to loose 20 pounds if I maintain my weight whilst away but I will just have to see what happens.

Can I ask about this curfew? Is that a food curfew? If so, I love that idea! I try brushing my teeth straight after dinner to stop from putting anything else in my mouth.

I am going to stick to this food curfew until I fly out on Friday night next week. I am also trying to hold off eating breakfast as long as I can in the mornings as once I start eating I tend to get hungrier.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Bec
Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
bec...hmmm...i can live with bec - sounds like becky and i love the name becky...lol...

the curfew is something that ff and i have been practicing for a few weeks now - basically, we do not eat after 9 p.m....i have always been a nighttime grazer and i was in a two-month stall and decided the time had come to get serious about breaking it...it has helped me IMMENSELY - not only did it jump-start my weight loss, by eliminating the 300-500 calories a day i was eating after 9 - i wake up feeling lighter and better...

it's probably not for everyone, but i am so happy i did it...

wow, i wish i was going to australia!...

marilee, a big congrats on another 1.6 lbs. ...you are a weight-losing machine!...

ff, you are so resourceful with your food - i love what you did with the soupless soup!...good luck surviving mon-tue...do you have a life preserver?...

vicki, it's gonna happen when you're ready...i thought i was ready for a big losing streak at the beginning of january, but i wasn't...don't know why, but it resulted in a stall that lasted 2 months...when i really did feel ready in march, i dropped 6 lbs...IT WILL HAPPEN - but only when you really want it to...

the scale was up a lb. today but i don't know why and am not worried about it...i had a good day yesterday...stopped eating before 7 p.m. due to the movie...was a bit hungry when i came home so i drank a couple of glasses of water...and miraculously, i survived... :-)

hope everyone has an awesome day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyFedei
Stats: 230/230/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2011
Reporting for duty!!

Hi all! I've never done a blitz, but would love to get in on this one, so count me in!! I picked up a couple copies of the Atkins books this past week, and yesterday went shopping for all the necessities to begin the Induction phase of the program and I began my morning today with a a ham and cheese omelet made with imported Irish cheddar cheese! Yum! So I'm off to a good start.

I have a specific goal in mind as I'm taking a trip to Ireland for the month of July and in August I'm headed out to California for my 35th high school reunion. I'm aiming to loose 30 pounds by the time I reach Ireland and maybe 35 by the time I hit California. Game on!

Since I am new to this thread, is there any particular protocol that I should be following here? Ideally, I would like to become an active part of these challenges.

Nice to meet your acquaintance everyone!

Best,
Jenny

Last edited by JennyFedei; 04-02-2011 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, I know that funk and it is the pits. All I can say is try to get through one day clean with lots of water and your spirits will start to get uplifted a little at a time. After so many ups and downs I finally know I cannot get into the carbs even a little bit. It took me so many tries over the years but it finally sunk in. Wishing you all the best!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey new jenny!...

i think that the beauty of this thread and our blitzes is that we are kind of a ragtag bunch...no rules or judgments - we are all following our own plans and share the details with each other, so that we all learn...most of us are limiting carbs in some way...i know that i incorporate pieces of many people's plans into the concoction i follow...

if you are looking for drill sergeants who crack the whip, that's not us...but if you're looking for a group of really nice, often silly, supportive, serious-about-trying-to-improve-ourselves "types", i think you may have found a great place to hang out and get healthier...

we post as much as we can and many of us are diligent about posting not only our successes, but when we are struggling as well, and that helps everyone, i think...

so, just be yourself, and have fun!...i'm looking forward to getting to know you

Last edited by tony8; 04-02-2011 at 11:21 AM..
Old 04-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
hey new jenny!...

i think that the beauty of this thread and our blitzes is that we are kind of a ragtag bunch...no rules or judgments - we are all following our own plans and share the details with each other, so that we all learn...most of us are limiting carbs in some way...i know that i incorporate pieces of many people's plans into the concoction i follow...

if you are looking for drill sergeants who crack the whip, that's not us...but if you're looking for a group of really nice, often silly, supportive, serious-about-trying-to-improve-ourselves "types", i think you may have found a great place to hang out and get healthier...

we post as much as we can and many of us are diligent about posting not only our successes, but when we are struggling as well, and that helps everyone, i think...

so, just be yourself, and have fun!...i'm looking forward to getting to know you
Hey Tony!

Thanks for such a warm welcome! Nice to meet you too!

Glad to hear there are no "drill sergeants" here, as I'm tough enough on myself, but I can get "silly" with the best of them!

Ok, I'm going to toss out a few questions here in the effort to get to know people a little better (starting with you Tony ). . .

How long have you each been low-carbing?

How does it fit in with your lifestyle?

What main goals do you want to accomplish here?

. . . and can you tell me a little bit about yourselves? . . . what are you passionate about in life? I think almost everyone has some sort of passion, whether it be a hobby, family etc.

As for me, I'm relatively new to low-carbing. I joined the forum awhile back, but never really found my niche or a place where I could fit here, so I wandered off. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and have been controlling it without meds for the past years, but it's been a huge struggle. I managed to keep my HgA1C (glucose) on the border, but wanted to do something to improve those numbers, so I tried going vegan/vegetarian after visiting a few websites that promote a low fat vegetarian diet for weight loss and diabetes. I bought all the books and played by the rules to a "T", I even joined "The Ornish Program" here in our city, but three months later I had not lost any weight and when I returned to my doctor for lab work my glucose levels had risen significantly and I was in full blown diabetes, not to mention that my cholesterol levels had actually "risen" higher. Not good! I don't want to knock the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, because I have some friends who eat that way and have absolutely no issues with it, but unfortunately I'm not one of them. I do believe that a "one-size-fits-all-diet" approach does not necessarily work for everyone. I know I disappointed my vegan friends, but oh well, they don't live inside my body, do they?

I've since educated myself even more and started incorporating more animal products back into my diet again, while cutting back just wee bit on carbs. My recent blood work this past week indicates that my sugars are climbing back down, but still not quite where I need them to be. In any case, I know I am on the right track here. I purchase two of the Atkins books this past week and read them both from cover to cover. Finally, last night I went out and purchased all the foods I would need to get through the two week induction phase of the Atkins program. I also picked up some Turbo Jam tapes which I'm looking forward to incorporating into my exercise program.

Today marks day one. So far so good. I had a delicious ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and chicken salad for lunch. Surprisingly, I'm not all that hungry just yet. I'm fully prepared for any withdrawal symptoms that I read about in the books, so I'm taking the next few days to really focus on what I'm doing here and just deal with it as it comes. I'm in full attack mode right now should anything try to divert me from my goal! I'm feeling ferociously determined right now! Grrrrrrr

Of course I've already encounter a couple of naysayers in my family yesterday, who are worried that the Atkins diet has zero carbs, which we all know is a misconception. In two weeks, I'll be looking to add them back in a little at a time until I find my set point, OR, I may stay on this phase longer if I feel I can. We'll see. Atkins says I can do the Induction phase for up to six months.

I'm feeling very excited right now and want to dig in full throttle to this thread, as I think you all may be the only support system I have right now.

My goals are as follows:

To drop 30 by July and up to 35 by August for my trips to Ireland and California (for my high school reunion).

To exercise most days of the week (at least 4 or 5 days).

Drink my 64 ounces of water daily.... I REALLY struggle with this!

. . . and just for fun, because I'm a true "foodie", I'd like to develop a fabulous database of low carb recipes! I LOVE to cook and invent dishes in my kitchen, so don't be surprised if I hijack this thread from time to time to share my adventures (and misadventures) in the kitchen. After all, it's all about the food, right?

My passions. . . First and foremost my family hands down! I have a great husband and three daughters, plus two furry cats that are my pals. My job is pretty much my other passion. I have my own company and I work as a graphic artist/web designer. I also have other ventures in fund-raising and I work part time in the entertainment industry. I work closely with a famous lady who's CD is coming out this month. I did all the graphics and layout for it and I'm very excited about the upcoming release. My husband and I also started "Celtic Heat Radio" and will begin pod-casting our own radio show this summer through live 365. (No plug intended). I love people and never turn down the opportunity to make a new friend.

OK.. I've rambled on enough.. now I would really like to get to know each of you, since I suspect you may end up becoming an extended family of sorts!

Hope you are all having a fabulous day!

Jenny

Last edited by JennyFedei; 04-02-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
welcome to our collective, Jenny...

May I say what a lovely smile you have. Pick a plan that works for YOU, and stay in the loop in good times (& may the Gods forbid)the not so good times. I originated these Blitzes on 4/1/10 to help me to create better eating habits, and strengthen them. The support and cameraderie we give each other has certainly helped me keep the 70.6 lbs I dropped from coming back. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT ALONE. Now I ONLY have about 150 lbs more to go. A mere bag of shells. So, welcome again and enjoy the weekend. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 04-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi Jenny, welcome. I just bought the new Atkins book at Walmart. I think I have an addiction to food plan books LOL
Old 04-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Hi Jenny, welcome. I just bought the new Atkins book at Walmart. I think I have an addiction to food plan books LOL

I bet there are far worse addictions though! At least it's a step in the right direction... to a healthier way of eating, right?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
May I say what a lovely smile you have. Pick a plan that works for YOU, and stay in the loop in good times (& may the Gods forbid)the not so good times. I originated these Blitzes on 4/1/10 to help me to create better eating habits, and strengthen them. The support and cameraderie we give each other has certainly helped me keep the 70.6 lbs I dropped from coming back. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT ALONE. Now I ONLY have about 150 lbs more to go. A mere bag of shells. So, welcome again and enjoy the weekend. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Wow 70.6 pounds is fantastic! Congrats to you on a job well done! That's quite an accomplishment. I agree with "picking the plan that's right" for each individual. So far day hasn't been so bad. I just came back from diner out at our local Italian buffet. My husband had all the pasta and pizza he wanted and I made myself a nice salad and had some ribs and meatballs off the buffet. Not so bad! I'm quite full and didn't find my eyes wandering over to my husbands plate lusting after his pasta. I think this will be do-able.

Peace out for the evening..

Jenny
Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jenny - welcome to our group!

I started low carbing last year and had success for a while but then didn't. Starting 12/31 of 2010 I started the hhcg program and so far have lost 24 pounds as of today. Had a bit of a set back a couple of weeks ago due to illness and gained some back (I had lost 27 pounds). Am doing well now and plan on being in Twoterville next week - a city I haven't lived in for over 5 years! I'm anxious to move back there and stay until its time to move to Onederland.

My passions; interesting question. My job and my 4 cats and my friends, no necessarily in that order

I briefly tried the vegan diet but it only lasted a week for 2 reasons - #1 I love meat and am a carnvore; #2 I gained weight. My body knows what it needs and it needs a Paleo type diet.

Looking forward to reading more about you.

Marilee
Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi jenny, thanks for sharing so much info...i love people too and enjoy learning about them...i look forward to your recipes!...

i do pretty low carb, but i don't count them...here's a link to the last page of our last blitz and you'll see my post at the top that summarizes how i got here:
Blitz IV - January 1 through March 31, 2011

i am 52, married (27 years) and the father of five great kids...i own a lumber yard/hardware store/general store - a cool old place...but aside from my family, my passion is songwriting...i am a country songwriter and make trips to nashville monthly to co-write with some of the most talented folks on the planet...

i am almost never serious - i love teasing and laughing...and i think you are going to fit in perfectly with the rest of this crazy bunch!...i'm really happy you found us... :-)
Old 04-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
hi jenny, thanks for sharing so much info...i love people too and enjoy learning about them...i look forward to your recipes!...

i do pretty low carb, but i don't count them...here's a link to the last page of our last blitz and you'll see my post at the top that summarizes how i got here:
Blitz IV - January 1 through March 31, 2011

i am 52, married (27 years) and the father of five great kids...i own a lumber yard/hardware store/general store - a cool old place...but aside from my family, my passion is songwriting...i am a country songwriter and make trips to nashville monthly to co-write with some of the most talented folks on the planet...

i am almost never serious - i love teasing and laughing...and i think you are going to fit in perfectly with the rest of this crazy bunch!...i'm really happy you found us... :-)
Tony, Just read your post... and I'm amazed at your willpower! I saw the part about where you only ate "1" Ravoli!! Shocking!

Interesting too that you're also in the entertainment business. Who have you written songs for? Although I play the guitar, my involvement is in the business end of things and I also am a graphic artist, having done work for several artists. Currently, I do a website for Deirdre Shannon and just recently provided the layout and artwork for her upcoming CD. Do you have a website? Would love to see it!

Sounds like you have done amazingly well on the LC end of things, evident by your weight loss! Congrats to you Tony!!!

I like the fact that you work on short term, more attainable goals vs long term. I tend to think too big so that when I make a mistake, I feel bad. Good advice!

I can see this is definitely the place to be!

Nighty,
Jenny
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hi Jenny - welcome to our group!

I started low carbing last year and had success for a while but then didn't. Starting 12/31 of 2010 I started the hhcg program and so far have lost 24 pounds as of today. Had a bit of a set back a couple of weeks ago due to illness and gained some back (I had lost 27 pounds). Am doing well now and plan on being in Twoterville next week - a city I haven't lived in for over 5 years! I'm anxious to move back there and stay until its time to move to Onederland.

My passions; interesting question. My job and my 4 cats and my friends, no necessarily in that order

I briefly tried the vegan diet but it only lasted a week for 2 reasons - #1 I love meat and am a carnvore; #2 I gained weight. My body knows what it needs and it needs a Paleo type diet.

Looking forward to reading more about you.
Hi Gibby!! Hey, anyone who loves cats is alright in my book! Actually, one never really does own a cat do they? We have a saying in our household.... "Dog's have owners while cats have support staff!"

By the way, what does "hhcg" stand for? I'm not very good with the abbreviations to some of these programs yet. I'm sure in time I'll learn the lingo.

Congrats too on the tremendous weight loss!

Jenny
Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Down another 1.8 pounds this morning. I should be in "virgin" territory Tuesday, if not tomorrow. You will hear the scream around the world.

Jenny, hhcg is homeopathic hcg. They are sublinqual drops that I take 3 times a day. That program is working very well for me. There are several threads on the site if you want more info.

Picked up the pain meds for my knee yesterday and they make me dizzy and fuzzy brained. I hope they help.

Have a wonderful Sunday. I'll check back later.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, marilee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. .congratulations, girl!...you better believe that plan is working for you!

hey jenny, it's very cool that you work with deirdre shannon...i don't write for anyone in particular...in country music writing, we just write 'em and it is up to publisher's to pitch our songs to the artist's they think might record them...

it's a long shot, but i'm in the game at the highest level so that's all i can hope for at this point...i've had cuts with some new artists, and a couple of my songs made it onto CDs that are available on itunes, so that was a minor thrill, but nothing you would have heard of yet...

losing weight has been a struggle, and i still have a long way to go...i am hoping i can get to my goal weight by this time next year...i keep saying it, but what i have accomplished would have never happened if i had not found help in these blitzes...

the scale was up another lb. today to 206 - no idea why, so i'm attributing it to my body trying to discourage me again, but it ain't gonna happen!...my goal is 203 by friday...and i feel pretty confident i will get there...

i feel settled into a routine - the woe, the curfew, and the fact that i haven't had real cravings in a long time are all keeping me focused...the thought of foods that used to tempt me, really don't right now...so it's all about eating the right things in moderation, watching the calories i take in, and trying to get a little more exercise as the weather improves...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't count calories yesterday. DH and I went to a retirement party last night for a friend of his. I had some deli meat, a couple of shrimp, mayo, half a meat ball and two glasses of wine. Didn't think that was bad but probably more calories than I planned for the last meal of the day. So far today too much coffee with half and half and 4 link sausages ( out for breakfast after Church) Usually during the week I make half a pot of reg and decaf mixed and go easy on the heavy cream, but at the restaurant they refill your cup with reg all the time so I always get super hopped up. lol
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hi everyone. Down another 1.8 pounds this morning. I should be in "virgin" territory Tuesday, if not tomorrow. You will hear the scream around the world.

Jenny, hhcg is homeopathic hcg. They are sublinqual drops that I take 3 times a day. That program is working very well for me. There are several threads on the site if you want more info.

Picked up the pain meds for my knee yesterday and they make me dizzy and fuzzy brained. I hope they help.

Have a wonderful Sunday. I'll check back later.
Hi Gibby! I'm not finding the threads that talk about hhcg.. do you by chance have a link? What do they do?

Congrats on the 1.8 loss... I'm bracing myself for the "scream", I also nailed down my furniture and tied the cats down, so feel free to let it rip! Turn about is fair play, because when I get to my goal weight, there will be a thermonuclear scream of epic proportions! I'm right there with you!

Jenny
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
wow, marilee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. .congratulations, girl!...you better believe that plan is working for you!

hey jenny, it's very cool that you work with deirdre shannon...i don't write for anyone in particular...in country music writing, we just write 'em and it is up to publisher's to pitch our songs to the artist's they think might record them...

it's a long shot, but i'm in the game at the highest level so that's all i can hope for at this point...i've had cuts with some new artists, and a couple of my songs made it onto CDs that are available on itunes, so that was a minor thrill, but nothing you would have heard of yet...

losing weight has been a struggle, and i still have a long way to go...i am hoping i can get to my goal weight by this time next year...i keep saying it, but what i have accomplished would have never happened if i had not found help in these blitzes...

the scale was up another lb. today to 206 - no idea why, so i'm attributing it to my body trying to discourage me again, but it ain't gonna happen!...my goal is 203 by friday...and i feel pretty confident i will get there...

i feel settled into a routine - the woe, the curfew, and the fact that i haven't had real cravings in a long time are all keeping me focused...the thought of foods that used to tempt me, really don't right now...so it's all about eating the right things in moderation, watching the calories i take in, and trying to get a little more exercise as the weather improves...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Interesting phenomena with regard to the food cravings diminishing. This is only my second day on the Atkins program (phase I) and I'm already noticing that I'm not really hungry or craving anything. I just came back from grocery shopping awhile ago and while I was at the store I got a little shaky. Probably because my body is wondering where the heck the carbs have disappeared to, or maybe because my blood sugars are dropping. I dunno, but I came home and scarfed down a chicken salad... starting to feel better now.

Tony, so glad to hear you are staying the course! Nothing ventured, nothing gained (or in this case "lost") Plateaus and a few gains here or there are sometimes a normal part of the process, but just keep your eye on the goal and you'll get there.

I'd love to hear some of your tracks! Very kewl indeed!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

P.S.

Before I forget, I'm playing around in my kitchen today with a new recipe. I read somewhere where pork rinds, when crushed, make a good breading to roll chicken pieces in, so tonight I'm making my own version of Jenny's Stuffed Fiesta Chicken". I'm going to pound some chicken breasts flat and stuff them with ortega peppers, onions and cilantro and a little bit of pepper jack cheese and then roll them in the crumb mixture. I'll bake them, then top with salsa, more cheese, chopped green onion, and olives. I'll probably put in some garlic, lime and chipolata seasonings somewhere. I'll see how they turn out and if they're as good as I hope they'll be, I'll post pictures in the "food porn" section of the forum and put a link back here. Should be interesting anyway.

Tomorrow I'm experimenting with Italian! I refuse to eat only celery and plain meat while on induction!

Ciao!
Jenny
Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Greetings, HEWMON BLITZ Vers.

What a beautiful day for a ball game. Unfortunately, at these prices, i am otherwise engaged. i met a friend for lunch at the diner (the Mirage for those of u in Bklyn. USA) They had a great combo of Romanian steak(left over from the Ceacesku regime)and grilled chicken. the soup, i had w/o the noodles, the salad with Caesar dressing on the side (I brought some slivered almonds from home as garnish) I got 2 veggies, instead of potato and veggies, and coffee and cream, and all the water i could drink. I took the steak and 1 of the veggies home. The point of all this drivel? Any diner will do it YOUR WAY. Just ask!!! That has been my experience with fast food chains and chinese restaurants too. I also did a great deal of walking, at least 2 miles. Yes it hurt. But I was too antsy to take 2 buses. I did take the buses home, though. No point in overdoing it. Soon, I will make the other 7 chicken drumsticks. FF
Old 04-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats Gibby, is "virgin" territory twoterville?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyFedei View Post
Before I forget, I'm playing around in my kitchen today with a new recipe. I read somewhere where pork rinds, when crushed, make a good breading to roll chicken pieces in, so tonight I'm making my own version of Jenny's Stuffed Fiesta Chicken". I'm going to pound some chicken breasts flat and stuff them with ortega peppers, onions and cilantro and a little bit of pepper jack cheese and then roll them in the crumb mixture. I'll bake them, then top with salsa, more cheese, chopped green onion, and olives. I'll probably put in some garlic, lime and chipolata seasonings somewhere. I'll see how they turn out and if they're as good as I hope they'll be, I'll post pictures in the "food porn" section of the forum and put a link back here. Should be interesting anyway.

Tomorrow I'm experimenting with Italian! I refuse to eat only celery and plain meat while on induction!

Ciao!
Jenny
Jenny, this sounds so delicious! Can't wait to see how you like it and see the pictures!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hey Guys!

Congrats on the big loss Marilee! It sounds like it's melting off you!! I am jealous but need to just stay positive with my slow losses and be thankful that they aren't gains.

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend!

I've been pretty busy preparing for my trip back home. Went to the gym both days and have been eating really well. I've been substituting a quest protein bar for one meal per day and it's been going well so far. I feel like it's helping with my calorie intake.

So a little more about me just for you guys to get to know me a bit more.

I live in London but grew up in Australia and since I've been over in London (2.5 years) I've been working in account management for a very large chocolate company!! Yes! It is insane and so incredibly hard being around the stuff all day long. My car boot is completely full of amazing chocolates but I am proud to say that I am now 34 Days without even a morsel of the stuff! This beats my previous record of 32 days last October.

I am especially proud as it's the Easter period so all the good stuff is out at the moment too. It just goes to show that will power does exist. Maybe in a way working around the stuff and overdosing a few to many times in the past couple of years has actually made me better at resisting it now.

I cleaned out my bedroom today and it was such a great food distraction!! I went down to Ikea and stocked up on drawer organizers and stuff like that and spent the last 5 hours cleaning out my room. I nearly forgot to eat dinner! At 8pm I had a hard boiled egg and some steamed spinach as not that hungry today but want to make sure my body doesn't go into starvation.

Good luck for the week ahead! I am counting down until Friday night when I fly home. I haven't seen some of my family and friend in over a year! I have decided that for 24 hour flight that I won't eat any of the meals, instead have a protein bar on each leg and take some green veg for snacking on for the first part, and aside from that treat it like a mini fast. I am going to tell the air hostess when I board the plane not to feed me at all to ensure I don't cave.

Hey Jenny, keep up the good work. I found I felt so incredibly sick and exhausted for the first week of induction. I could barely walk slowly for a mile and would be super tired. I am now feeling great. I also had a bit of aches and pain in my back and shoulders. I think it was my body detoxing all the terrible things out of my system because for the last 10 days I've felt great so it's worth going through a few bad days for sure!

Take Care All and Keep up the Good Work

Bec
Old 04-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyFedei View Post
Hi Gibby! I'm not finding the threads that talk about hhcg.. do you by chance have a link? What do they do?

Congrats on the 1.8 loss... I'm bracing myself for the "scream", I also nailed down my furniture and tied the cats down, so feel free to let it rip! Turn about is fair play, because when I get to my goal weight, there will be a thermonuclear scream of epic proportions! I'm right there with you!

Jenny
If you click on Low Carb Friends then it lists all of the eating programs; HCG Diets is one of them.

Vicki Virgin territory is anything under 302.6 - that's the lowest I've hit so far since I started LC'ing this time around - December 2009? Don't remember....
Old 04-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all of our newbies....how exciting!!!!

Ok really....I just want a "normal" weekend...is that so much to ask for? So last weekend we moved and due to all the fast food and living out of boxes for 3 days I gained 2.6 pounds back....buckled down and lost most of that this week and then my In-Laws fly into town and we've been schlepping around with them going to see family and spend MORE time in restaurants or eating all the carby foods that the family puts out. (They don't know I'm low-carbing / gluten free as I don't see them very often) So at any rate, the point is that I gained back another pound as of this morning!

I know, I know....it's only temporary....I'll lose it again....I just hate playing with the same 2 or 3 pounds over and over ya know??

Ok....that's enough of the ranting....thanks for listening!

Since we're playing with new kids and sharing a bit about ourselves, I'm a scorpio and I enjoy long walks on the beach...oh sorry....wrong intro! I have been married for 24 years to my amazing husband whom I adore. We have a pretty terrific family, my stepson is 31, our son (in the Navy) is 22 and newly married and our baby girl who is the world we revolve around is nearly 17. I adore cats, but my hubby is severely allergic to them, so we have a sweet little yorkie instead who doesn't seem to know that she's a dog. I work in property management and manage luxury apartment communities and for the most part I thoroughly enjoy it. I've been low carbing (AGAIN) since the first of the year (2011) and thanks to the support of these fabulous people here in our blitz group I have lost 26 pounds so far. I'd like to lose another 60+.

Jenny, I LOVE your recipe it sounds divine....I also love to cook and try new recipes so PLEASE share your yummy ideas here!

How's everyone doing this weekend???

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

I love your signature Tammy. . . "Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!! . . . You sound like my kind of woman! haha!

Hang in there. . . It's not easy to stay dedicated when eating out so much. When I'm in Ireland this summer, I have no intentions of staying on my diet as I want to enjoy the specialty foods of the locals... especially the Butler's chocolate (don't get me started)! Hang in there Tammy. You can do this!

As far as my Mexican chicken dish goes. It will have to wait until tomorrow night as I took out my chicken breasts this morning, but when I checked them again to start my dish, they were still frozen! So I just put them in the refrigerator and threw something else together. However, I made the most kickin' meal for dinner tonight and it turned out really good. I can't believe this is a diet!!

Anyway... here's a picture of what I ate for dinner tonight. It was fast and easy to prepare, very filling, and tasted reminiscent of those "kitchen sink" burgers with all the toppings that you get at a burger joint.

INDUCTION FOOD PORN!!! #2

Bon Appetite!

Last edited by JennyFedei; 04-03-2011 at 05:05 PM..
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brittany80
Stats: 252/241.4/190
Start Date: Restart 2/2011-Really counting 3/2011
New to these challenges! I was off the wagon for awhile and I feel like I have found my way back to basics! My wedding is in September! I would like to lose 40 pounds by then but I am gonna try to be down 25 by middle of June! Nice to meet you all!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany80 View Post
New to these challenges! I was off the wagon for awhile and I feel like I have found my way back to basics! My wedding is in September! I would like to lose 40 pounds by then but I am gonna try to be down 25 by middle of June! Nice to meet you all!

Hey Brittney! Welcome to the Blitz!! I'm new here myself, but I've already made myself at home! You've definitely picked the right place to be. . . a lot of friendly people here!
Closed Thread